PDA

View Full Version : #8 Southern Illinois @ #1 North Dakota St

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
This is a big time early season matchup in the MVFC. NDSU looks as vulnerable as they have since early on in their 29 game win streak. With the ground attack Southern Illinois has the Bison will need to improve from their effort last week in Macomb to keep it contained. SIU's defense, with the exception of the 2nd half of last year's game, has almost always given the Bison offense trouble so it should be a good game.

I think, being the homer that I am, that the home crowd will lift the Bison to continue like they finished in the 4th quarter against WIU. Even though the run defense was gashed by the Leathernecks for most of the 1st half and the first possession of the 2nd half the Bison defense flipped the switch mid-3rd quarter and shut them down the rest of the way. Make no mistake though, this is a SIU team that wouldn't shock me if they snapped the Bison win streak on Saturday. I'll predict a cautiously optimistic final score of NDSU 20, SIU 13.

What say you SIU fans? Fellow Bison fans?

NDSUSR
October 6th, 2014, 06:03 PM
NDSU by 14. Fact.

SIUSalukiFan
October 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM
This is a big time early season matchup in the MVFC. NDSU looks as vulnerable as they have since early on in their 29 game win streak. With the ground attack Southern Illinois has the Bison will need to improve from their effort last week in Macomb to keep it contained. SIU's defense, with the exception of the 2nd half of last year's game, has almost always given the Bison offense trouble so it should be a good game.

I think, being the homer that I am, that the home crowd will lift the Bison to continue like they finished in the 4th quarter against WIU. Even though the run defense was gashed by the Leathernecks for most of the 1st half and the first possession of the 2nd half the Bison defense flipped the switch mid-3rd quarter and shut them down the rest of the way. Make no mistake though, this is a SIU team that wouldn't shock me if they snapped the Bison win streak on Saturday. I'll predict a cautiously optimistic final score of NDSU 20, SIU 13.

What say you SIU fans? Fellow Bison fans?

We couldn't score 13 points on you if we played a 180-minute game, and you'll score 20 points in the first quarter.

SIU hasn't played anybody. Dale Lennon is overmatched in every game he coaches. This is the game of the least. Easy win for NDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
We couldn't score 13 points on you if we played a 180-minute game, and you'll score 20 points in the first quarter.

SIU hasn't played anybody. Dale Lennon is overmatched in every game he coaches. This is the game of the least. Easy win for NDSU.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/39/FEMA_-_40289_-_Sand_bagging_operation_at_the_Fargo_Dome_in_North _Dakota.jpg/320px-FEMA_-_40289_-_Sand_bagging_operation_at_the_Fargo_Dome_in_North _Dakota.jpg

DA BEAR
October 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
NDSU 34
SIU 14

FargoBison
October 6th, 2014, 06:33 PM
NDSU 24
SIU 17

Going to be a tight game, I think NDSU is going to come out with some fire after a luckluster game against WIU. Dome crowd should fire up NDSU, might have a different feeling if this game was at SIU.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Yeah, I'd say this is in the 10-14 pt range. Throwing out the obvious outlier of Incarnate Word, the Bison are about 12 ppg better than their opponents on average.

Bisonator
October 6th, 2014, 06:38 PM
I think this is going to be a typical SIU/NDSU slugfest. Both teams are tough to run against and Lennon's 3-4 always gives NDSU's offense fits. Turnovers and special teams may very well decide this one. First team to 14 probably wins it but I'll take NDSU with a late TD for the win 20-14.

semobison
October 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
SIU, another Valley opponent who has been very good stopping the run. Unless NDSU can finish drives we are in for another low scoring defensive battle!

SIUSalukiFan
October 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Will you guys quit trying to be nice?

You know NDSU is going to win and win big. I'm not sure it will be much of a game after the first possession.

I was planning on making my first trip to the FargoDome this year for the game but decided to wait until 2016 in hopes we have a real coach in place by then and have a chance to at least get two scores against the Bison.

Drblankstare
October 6th, 2014, 06:54 PM
All I know is that NDSU's first offensive possession will be very closely watched. If they drive the ball and end up kicking a FG, their is a high likelihood of Bville turning into a dumpster fire :D

underdawg
October 6th, 2014, 07:22 PM
28-21 somebody--I don't know who

Houndawg
October 6th, 2014, 07:48 PM
NDSU 24
SIU 17

Going to be a tight game, I think NDSU is going to come out with some fire after a luckluster game against WIU. Dome crowd should fire up NDSU, might have a different feeling if this game was at SIU.

This is what I was afraid of. I was hoping the Bison would piss pound them.

I've already said that if the game were in Carbondale we'd have a puncher's chance of pulling off the upset. Instead we get them on their Homecoming the week after they looked sloppy at Macomb. If we lose by less than three TDs it will be a moral victory for SIU. We've got #1, #10, #12, #15, #20, and #23 to finish out with. We should be given a sympathy berth if we have 22 uniforms left walking at the end of that run.

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2014, 07:55 PM
28-21 somebody--I don't know who

That's kind of like the weatherman saying there is a 50% chance of rain. (Either it will or it won't).

underdawg
October 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM
That's kind of like the weatherman saying there is a 50% chance of rain. (Either it will or it won't).

It doesn't matter if it rains or not--it's in a damn dome. Seriously I just don't have a feeling who will win. I do believe it will be close one way or the other for my beloved skinny ugly Dawgs--It's hard to believe our "O" will not score some points so I don't think it will a very low scoring game.

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2014, 08:38 PM
It doesn't matter if it rains or not--it's in a damn dome. Seriously I just don't have a feeling who will win. I do believe it will be close one way or the other for my beloved skinny ugly Dawgs--It's hard to believe our "O" will not score some points so I don't think it will a very low scoring game.
High scoring games between these two programs are rare. In 8 games against each other SIU has scored more than 20 twice and the Bison 3 times.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 6th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I've always liked the way SIU plays ball going back to the Jerry Kill/Brandon Jacobs days. They also come ready to fight no matter the opponent. I think they have the type of personality that's needed to go into the Fargo Dome and win. Will they I don't know.....

This is #1 vs #3 on my ballot this week...

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2014, 08:55 PM
I've always liked the way SIU plays ball going back to the Jerry Kill/Brandon Jacobs days. They also come ready to fight no matter the opponent. I think they have the type of personality that's needed to go into the Fargo Dome and win. Will they I don't know.....

This is #1 vs #3 on my ballot this week...

As it should be. I won't ask which you had #1.

McNeese75
October 6th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Yeah, I'd say this is in the 10-14 pt range. Throwing out the obvious outlier of Incarnate Word, the Bison are about 12 ppg better than their opponents on average.

xeyebrowx What an amazing way to determine a point spread against another team. You should go to Vegas just as fast as you possibly can and cash in

MylesKnight
October 6th, 2014, 09:52 PM
If this game is in Carbondale, I like the Salukis 20-17.... In Fargo, NDSU survives by 6. The streak ends soon.

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 09:56 PM
Until someone new beats the Bison I gotta take them (until next week)

we we play you both back to back on the road so I'd like NDSU to win this week real big, that way they can have a let down the following week and then SIU can have a huge rebound win the following week and then a huge letdown against us after that.

ThaT would get us maybe to #18

Southern Bison
October 6th, 2014, 10:22 PM
All I know is that NDSU's first offensive possession will be very closely watched. If they drive the ball and end up kicking a FG, their is a high likelihood of Bville turning into a dumpster fire :D

Bisonville's been a dumpster fire for quite a while. The really sad part is that the regulars think that their circle-jerk of limp dicks will put it out.

Bisonwinagn
October 6th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I've got NDSU winning 20-17 on a last second 52 yd field goal.

DJKyR0
October 6th, 2014, 10:26 PM
This is a tough game to figure out. Agnew is looking beastly for SIU and goodness knows WIU ran all over us last week. Bison need to step up their game on blocking the run and if we can do that plus contain Pruitt I think we have a shot at winning this game by two scores. Absolutely need to figure out the passing game - taking out Iowa State (whom I firmly believe is the second worst team we've played this year), Carson Wentz's split stats home-away:

Home: 30/42 (71.4%) 404 yards 4 TD, 0 INT
Away: 32/51 (62.7%) 332 yards 0 TD, 3 INT

He's had a much better time settling in at home, and hopefully that trend continues. Those stats bear mentioning that the home games consisted of our annual body bag game as well as a top-five team that has a top-25 pass defense. Versus a pair of legit road teams it's up to the reader to figure if those equal out. Either way.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2014, 10:40 PM
SIU's 3-4 defense is going to give us fits.

NDSU by 7 or less.

centennial
October 6th, 2014, 10:42 PM
This is a tough game to figure out. Agnew is looking beastly for SIU and goodness knows WIU ran all over us last week. Bison need to step up their game on blocking the run and if we can do that plus contain Pruitt I think we have a shot at winning this game by two scores. Absolutely need to figure out the passing game - taking out Iowa State (whom I firmly believe is the second worst team we've played this year), Carson Wentz's split stats home-away:

He's had a much better time settling in at home, and hopefully that trend continues. Those stats bear mentioning that the home games consisted of our annual body bag game as well as a top-five team that has a top-25 pass defense. Versus a pair of legit road teams it's up to the reader to figure if those equal out. Either way.
We played a good game against Iowa State, since then Weber State has shown everyone how to play us. Combined with stupid penalties and sub par offensive play calling we have struggled. The reality is Iowa State would beat any of the team we have played so far this season. The computers also confirm what I say.

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Until someone new beats the Bison I gotta take them (until next week)

we we play you both back to back on the road so I'd like NDSU to win this week real big, that way they can have a let down the following week and then SIU can have a huge rebound win the following week and then a huge letdown against us after that.

ThaT would get us maybe to #18

Sounds way too complicated.

SIUSalukiFan
October 6th, 2014, 11:11 PM
SIU's 3-4 defense is going to give us fits.

NDSU by 7 or less.

Our defense would have trouble with midget teams. You guys will run over us with ease.

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2014, 11:46 PM

If your QB does that much better at home, it sounds like he, like our QB, doesn't perform well when wind is involved. It shouldn't be a problem in your dome.

skinny_uncle
October 6th, 2014, 11:55 PM
The real question is "Will this game thread be longer than our last one before kickoff?"

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 7th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Explain how "NDSU is vulnerable"..............................seriously

Gil Dobie
October 7th, 2014, 05:37 AM

It's not that NDSU is vulnerable, it's that SIU is that good. AnyGivenSaturday in the MVFC.

AmsterBison
October 7th, 2014, 07:27 AM

Turning into? That's the nicest thing anybody has ever said about Bisonville. :)

That said, the dumpster fires heat the boilers the power the servers that host it so...

Anyway, this game is going to be hard-fought - probably be decided by a mustache.

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2014, 08:02 AM
NDSU's offensive and defensive philosophy throughout this run have been predicated on running the ball and controlling the clock offensively and stopping the run defensively. Against Western Illinois they gave up 253 yards rushing at a clip of 6 ypc. Offensively they only managed 3.6 ypc and turned it over 3 times. That's as bad as they've looked in a long time against any opponent in the aspects that are the bread and butter of what makes this team win. Hence they are as vulnerable as they've been in a long time.

Maybe it was anomaly, they did tighten up a lot defensively after the first drive of the 2nd half (I recall something like Western got 54 yards on their last 22 plays) but SIU presents another very formidable ground attack and a stout defense so NDSU has a chance to prove right away whether what we saw in Macomb was an anomaly or a trend.

RabidRabbit
October 7th, 2014, 08:19 AM
Both teams have shown to be second half teams this season. Interesting match up. Turnovers and TOP will drive the team with both to a win. Can't achieve both? Special teams/trick plays (ala NDSU's pass back vs WIU to go ahead) makes the difference.

Any team with a big deficit (2+ scores) won't win. (See SDSU's loss to IL St).

Very good match up in Fargo this weekend.

semobison
October 7th, 2014, 08:50 AM
We played a good game against Iowa State, since then Weber State has shown everyone how to play us. Combined with stupid penalties and sub par offensive play calling we have struggled. The reality is Iowa State would beat any of the team we have played so far this season. The computers also confirm what I say.

I agree Iowa State is the best team we have played this season but they have improved since week 1. Our biggest issue IMO is that our O-line is a work in progress, they have looked great at times and at other times struggled. This does not surprise me considering the horses we lost from last seasons dominant 0-line. Penalties have also been an issue and our new coaching staff including our OC are getting some "learning lessons" every week. Bottom line, this is not the dominant 2013 team, but we are a very good team that needs to improve weekly to win the Valley or have a chance for another natty!

Houndawg
October 7th, 2014, 09:15 AM
It's not that NDSU is vulnerable, it's that SIU is that good. AnyGivenSaturday in the MVFC.

SIU is a talented team but the simple fact is that they haven't played anybody yet. I'm as big a homer as the next guy but NDSU in Fargo on their Homecoming?xbawlingx

bisonboone11
October 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
First one to 20 points wins. I'll say 20-14 NDSU, but am very nervous about this one.

Houndawg
October 7th, 2014, 09:20 AM
NDSU's offensive and defensive philosophy throughout this run have been predicated on running the ball and controlling the clock offensively and stopping the run defensively. Against Western Illinois they gave up 253 yards rushing at a clip of 6 ypc. Offensively they only managed 3.6 ypc and turned it over 3 times. That's as bad as they've looked in a long time against any opponent in the aspects that are the bread and butter of what makes this team win. Hence they are as vulnerable as they've been in a long time.

Maybe it was anomaly, they did tighten up a lot defensively after the first drive of the 2nd half (I recall something like Western got 54 yards on their last 22 plays) but SIU presents another very formidable ground attack and a stout defense so NDSU has a chance to prove right away whether what we saw in Macomb was an anomaly or a trend.

I think it was. No way they'll be that sloppy twice in a row. I'd like our chances a lot better if you'd piss pounded WIU.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I'm calling my shot here....streak ends. NDSU loses turnover battle and the game....20-13 in favor of SIU.

SIUSalukiFan
October 7th, 2014, 12:06 PM
I'm calling my shot here....streak ends. NDSU loses turnover battle and the game....20-13 in favor of SIU.

Have your friends advised you to not drink before noon?

If not, I am. xnodx

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2014, 12:47 PM
SIU is a talented team but the simple fact is that they haven't played anybody yet. I'm as big a homer as the next guy but NDSU in Fargo on their Homecoming?xbawlingx

SEMO is looking like a decent win at this point. Beat Western by 17 and USD by 31. They may not be the powerhouses the rest of the conference is, but that is still impressive. Also people are discounting EIU, but their schedule has just been brutal so far.

I think SIU can do this. Whether or not they pull it off is another thing. I am guessing NDSU wins 17-14.

The sandbagging here is reaching McNeese levels though...

BisonBohl
October 7th, 2014, 12:54 PM
NDSU wins big!

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2014, 01:04 PM

I think the passing attack of the Dawgs might be a factor. Mark Iannotti (1458 yards, 13 TDs) has been pretty good. They don't just rely on their ground attack.

Houndawg
October 7th, 2014, 01:07 PM
SEMO is looking like a decent win at this point. Beat Western by 17 and USD by 31. They may not be the powerhouses the rest of the conference is, but that is still impressive. Also people are discounting EIU, but their schedule has just been brutal so far.

I think SIU can do this. Whether or not they pull it off is another thing. I am guessing NDSU wins 17-14.

The sandbagging here is reaching McNeese levels though...

xcrazyxNot picking the visitor on Homecoming in Fargo is sandbagging? You're crazy as a bedbug.

I said at the time that SEMO would look like a better win later in the year, and I also noted that they gifted us 3 TDs before I had time to get my flask out and that without that hole it would have been played different and a much closer game.

We thought we were going to beat Purdue too, we lost by three scores and the Bison would roll them.xsmhx

Bisonator
October 7th, 2014, 01:29 PM
I think the passing attack of the Dawgs might be a factor. Mark Iannotti (1458 yards, 13 TDs) has been pretty good. They don't just rely on their ground attack.

What's Iannoti's 40 time? Looking at some of his runs he looks slow to me.

Professor Chaos
October 7th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Fair enough but IMO the team that beats the Bison needs to get 200+ on the ground. The defensive secondary has been outstanding for NDSU so far this year and having versatile LBs like Beck and Littlejohn give them the advantage of basically having 6 defensive backs out there in their base defense. Beck, who is the starting WLB, stays on the field in most nickel situations just because he's that good in pass coverage. There's definitely opportunities through the air but I'll feel much better about NDSU's chances if SIU decides to let Iannotti sling it around as compared to pounding it with Agnew and McCall.

IBleedYellow
October 7th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Have your friends advised you to not drink before noon?

If not, I am. xnodx

This asshole doesn't drink anymore. Hence why asshole isn't capitalized.

deez_na
October 7th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Will you guys quit trying to be nice?

You know NDSU is going to win and win big. I'm not sure it will be much of a game after the first possession.

I was planning on making my first trip to the FargoDome this year for the game but decided to wait until 2016 in hopes we have a real coach in place by then and have a chance to at least get two scores against the Bison.
Don't care for Dale Lennon or ?

Bison56
October 7th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Maybe the Bison will get lucky and SIU wont show.:)

underdawg
October 7th, 2014, 03:05 PM
What's Iannoti's 40 time? .

How Quaint, is this a track meet? He's got "Southern" speed, that's all you got to knowxlolx

Bisonator
October 7th, 2014, 03:10 PM
How Quaint, is this a track meet----he's got "Southern" speed, that's all you got to know

xlolx

No I'm being serious. Just wondering what his time was because the video highlights I've seen of some of his runs looked slow to me. If that's accurate he better watch out trying any runs against us. Our backers and safety's will light him up.

underdawg
October 7th, 2014, 03:13 PM
This guy is slow looking too--always kick his direction and your specialties teams will prosper

www.dailyegyptian.com/receiver-ready-to-show-off-speed/ (http://www.dailyegyptian.com/receiver-ready-to-show-off-speed/)

Bisonator
October 7th, 2014, 03:16 PM
This guy is slow looking too--always kick his direction and your specialties teams will proper

www.dailyegyptian.com/receiver-ready-to-show-off-speed/ (http://www.dailyegyptian.com/receiver-ready-to-show-off-speed/)

Holy **** he's so fast there seems to be 5 of him in that pick! xlolx

underdawg
October 7th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Holy **** he's so fast there seems to be 5 of him in that pick! xlolx

He's a body double for Flash tonight in their first TV episode

SIUSalukiFan
October 7th, 2014, 05:09 PM

6.4. He's slower than most of our offensive linemen.

NDSUSR
October 7th, 2014, 06:10 PM
4.1 40.... Yeah, I call bull**** on that.

BisonFan02
October 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM
This asshole doesn't drink anymore. Hence why asshole isn't capitalized.

Apparently I should start again! xlolx or not.... :D

underdawg
October 7th, 2014, 07:13 PM
4.1 40.... Yeah, I call bull**** on that.

www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080514aac.html

NDSUSR
October 7th, 2014, 07:16 PM
www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080514aac.html (http://www.siusalukis.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080514aac.html)

NOTHING OFFICIAL. Hes 4.30 at best.

underdawg
October 7th, 2014, 07:27 PM

Ha-haa!

underdawg
October 7th, 2014, 07:31 PM
xlolx

Houndawg
October 7th, 2014, 07:44 PM

They won't be sure until they find somebody that can read a sundial..

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2014, 09:17 PM
They won't be sure until they find somebody that can read a sundial..
It comes from trying to build up his agility by having him chase turtles.

Green1
October 7th, 2014, 09:30 PM
It comes from trying to build up his agility by having him chase turtles.

Eye of the Tiger!!

Lol, reminds me of this scene only much, much, much................................. slower.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7cDQY9wVF8

NDSUSR
October 7th, 2014, 09:36 PM
their is a high likelihood of Bville turning into a dumpster fire :D

Its not a dumpster fire, its more of a train wreck, but its our train wreck and we like it that way.
Sick isnt it? :)

skinny_uncle
October 7th, 2014, 11:35 PM

Does it really matter if you believe the numbers? No, not really.

CommishBigSmooth
October 8th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Fair enough but IMO the team that beats the Bison needs to get 200+ on the ground. The defensive secondary has been outstanding for NDSU so far this year and having versatile LBs like Beck and Littlejohn give them the advantage of basically having 6 defensive backs out there in their base defense. Beck, who is the starting WLB, stays on the field in most nickel situations just because he's that good in pass coverage. There's definitely opportunities through the air but I'll feel much better about NDSU's chances if SIU decides to let Iannotti sling it around as compared to pounding it with Agnew and McCall.

This. During this 29-game unbeaten run, Bison have given up 200 yards rushing on four occasions, last week against Western Illinois included. It won't surprise you that two of those games were playoff contests against Wofford and Georgia Southern during title run #2.

Houndawg
October 8th, 2014, 07:53 AM
This. During this 29-game unbeaten run, Bison have given up 200 yards rushing on four occasions, last week against Western Illinois included. It won't surprise you that two of those games were playoff contests against Wofford and Georgia Southern during title run #2.

Sounds like 200 yards rushing isn't the answer..

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2014, 08:28 AM

30 games ago they gave up 197yds of offense but it was the 152 yards of interceptions that kept the streak from being longer

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Sounds like 200 yards rushing isn't the answer..
Not entirely, things like turnovers and red zone efficiency are the big equalizers. For instance, in the last game NDSU lost (which will be 2 days away from exactly 2 years ago come Saturday) Indiana St only rushed for 88 yards. But they forced 3 turnovers (including two pick 6s) to provide the margin in their 17-14 win. I think being able to run the ball is a big component of beating this NDSU team but strange things can happen. As Harry Doyle would say "It's a funny game, ain't it Montie?"

30 games ago they gave up 197yds of offense but it was the 152 yards of interceptions that kept the streak from being longer
Being a fan I'm allowed to look ahead but if NDSU does beat SIU on Saturday it'll set up quite the story next week. It'll be the first visit to the Fargodome for the team that last beat the Bison anywhere, much less at home, and will be just a shade over 2 calendar years since NDSU's (hopefully) 30 game win streak started.

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Not entirely, things like turnovers and red zone efficiency are the big equalizers. For instance, in the last game NDSU lost (which will be 2 days away from exactly 2 years ago come Saturday) Indiana St only rushed for 88 yards. But they forced 3 turnovers (including two pick 6s) to provide the margin in their 17-14 win. I think being able to run the ball is a big component of beating this NDSU team but strange things can happen. As Harry Doyle would say "It's a funny game, ain't it Montie?"

Being a fan I'm allowed to look ahead but if NDSU does beat SIU on Saturday it'll set up quite the story next week. It'll be the first visit to the Fargodome for the team that last beat the Bison anywhere, much less at home, and will be just a shade over 2 calendar years since NDSU's (hopefully) 30 game win streak started.

I just like to bring that up every now and again. In all seriousness though, your QB just cant have a day like that. The same DB had the same pass route (or what an offensive lineman sees as the same pass route) picked off for what would have probably been a 95yd int td earlier in the game but bobbled it.

I really hope both teams are coming in off a win. It seems like I keep thinking after each week we will have some answers as to who is where. All I keep getting is new questions I hadn't previously thought about.

aces1180
October 8th, 2014, 09:39 AM
NDSU 30
SIU 16

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Looking past an opponent is usually not a smart move but in the case of SIU your faux pas is warranted.

You guys will probably pull the starters at halftime to avoid injuries. The game will be over by then.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 8th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Looking past an opponent is usually not a smart move but in the case of SIU your faux pas is warranted.

You guys will probably pull the starters at halftime to avoid injuries. The game will be over by then.

They are looking at every Valley game pretty much the same. It will be the hardest game they play all season, every week.

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Any Egyptian child killer dog fans making the trip to Fargo? :D

Houndawg
October 8th, 2014, 10:44 AM

Thats a long way to go to watch your guys get whupped by the 3x Defending National Champions on their Homecoming. xsmhx

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 11:12 AM

I'm a lot closer than all of the guys in Carbondale but it doesn't make any sense to spend money and time to watch the atrocities that will be perpetrated on the Salukis in person. When you guys get up by 21 in the first five minutes I can go out and blow the leaves out of my yard.

Lehigh'98
October 8th, 2014, 11:35 AM
I'm a lot closer than all of the guys in Carbondale but it doesn't make any sense to spend money and time to watch the atrocities that will be perpetrated on the Salukis in person. When you guys get up by 21 in the first five minutes I can go out and blow the leaves out of my yard.

Look at the positives. At least the Salukis will get to scout NDSU for the future as their 2nd and 3rd team youngsters will be playing by mid 2nd qtr.

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Look at the positives. At least the Salukis will get to scout NDSU for the future as their 2nd and 3rd team youngsters will be playing by mid 2nd qtr.

Exactly.

I just hope we don't get anybody hurt so we can stay within two touchdowns of Youngstown State the following week.

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2014, 12:45 PM
This swndbagging is ****ing annoying. I want to smack talk dammit

Bison56
October 8th, 2014, 12:46 PM
NDSU will roll the puppies.

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2014, 12:47 PM

I look past NDSU football opponents all the time.... the team and the coaches on the other hand usually don't.

Houndawg
October 8th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Maybe we'll be worthy next season...xsmhx

Sycamore62
October 8th, 2014, 01:19 PM

thanks for this. i lol'd. and not the kind where you dont lol'd. the one where people can hear something is funny because of your lol'ding

Thumper 76
October 8th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Recommended to everyone reading this thread. It's gettin deep in here.19814

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 03:51 PM

You are getting your *** handed to you in annoying smack and you don't even know it... xlolx

IBleedYellow
October 8th, 2014, 03:55 PM
You are getting your *** handed to you in annoying smack and you don't even know it... xlolx
But I do...

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 03:58 PM
But I do...

Do ya?

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM

My friend, please be kind. NDSU is going to kick the **** out of SIU Saturday. You know it. I know it. The American people know it. There's no reason to beat us down on this board, too.

We've accepted our fate. xlolx

underdawg
October 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I think my beloved (but emaciated looking) Saluki Pups have an ok chance of winning--sorry, was that too rough of smack talk for this family board?

Houndawg
October 8th, 2014, 05:54 PM
My friend, please be kind. NDSU is going to kick the **** out of SIU Saturday. You know it. I know it. The American people know it. There's no reason to beat us down on this board, too.

We've accepted our fate. xlolx

We'll get 'em next year...xnodx

zsaluki
October 8th, 2014, 08:05 PM
NDSU gave up 253 yards rushing to WIU, a team SIU held to 77. Don't think WIU has near the rushing game SIU does. Perhaps we can run the ball on them.

Statistically, NDSU is almost identical to last year: 447 yds offense per game and allowing 255 per game.

We were ahead at halftime in last year's game. Our senior QB got injured and NDSU had a field day against our Freshmen QB. Think this year's QB is a pretty cool head - he won't get rattled.

I expect a fairly close game, assuming SIU doesn't kill themselves with turnovers like they did at Purdue.

Bisonoline
October 8th, 2014, 08:06 PM
NDSU gave up 253 yards rushing to WIU, a team SIU held to 77. Don't think WIU has near the rushing game SIU does. Perhaps we can run the ball on them.

Statistically, NDSU is almost identical to last year: 447 yds offense per game and allowing 255 per game.

We were ahead at halftime in last year's game. Our senior QB got injured and NDSU had a field day against our Freshmen QB. Think this year's QB is a pretty cool head - he won't get rattled.

I expect a fairly close game, assuming SIU doesn't kill themselves with turnovers like they did at Purdue.

What happened to your freshman QB from last year?

Green1
October 8th, 2014, 08:08 PM
This non-smack, smack talk is a brilliant! It has all the Bison smack talkers off their game (Including me).

I wish I would have thought of it....

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2014, 08:23 PM
What happened to your freshman QB from last year?

He is now a reserve.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2014, 08:26 PM
swndbagging?????
Learn to use the spell check, you hairy beast.

centennial
October 8th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I am expecting a loss if the team that played Weber State or WIU show up. If the Iowa State team shows up then I expect a 35-10 type of score. Not super impressed with the NIU plays in our offense, however we are by far the most televised team in the FCS, so everyone and their mother knows what we are going to do. This yearwe aren't strong enough to run over everyone.

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 08:32 PM

Maybe.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2014, 09:09 PM
I am expecting a loss if the team that played Weber State or WIU show up. If the Iowa State team shows up then I expect a 35-10 type of score. Not super impressed with the NIU plays in our offense, however we are by far the most televised team in the FCS, so everyone and their mother knows what we are going to do. This yearwe aren't strong enough to run over everyone.
You only give up 8 ppg. You don't have to run over people a lot when you can do that.

Green1
October 8th, 2014, 09:16 PM

Maybe.

Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

Your sandbagging is out of control!

(pretty funny though)

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

Your sandbagging is out of control!

(pretty funny though)

The first step to college football peace of mind is acceptance.

NDSU is the three-time FCS champion.

SIU is 18-11 with zero playoff berths over the same span.

This isn't sandbagging. It's reality.

Bisonator
October 8th, 2014, 09:29 PM

You've convinced me. SIU doesn't belong on the same field with NDSU. Better stick to beating up on UNI.

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 09:41 PM
You've convinced me. SIU doesn't belong on the same field with NDSU. Better stick to beating up on UNI.

Well, we've been pretty fortunate to catch the Panthers the past few years on weeks when they were decimated by injuries and hampered by poor play calling by the offensive and defensive coordinators.

centennial
October 8th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Well, we've been pretty fortunate to catch the Panthers the past few years on weeks when they were decimated by injuries and hampered by poor play calling by the offensive and defensive coordinators.
Yes, lucky SIU.

skinny_uncle
October 8th, 2014, 09:58 PM

Not to mention their 29 game winning streak makes our 2 game winning streak look a bit puny.

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Not to mention their 29 game winning streak makes our 2 game winning streak look a bit puny.

Exactly.

NDSUSR
October 8th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Does it really matter if you believe the numbers? No, not really.

Why cant he be officially timed? Oh yeah, chicken****. The kid is a joke and will probably go out around halftime "injured" against NSDU.
Its a joke right?

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Why cant he be officially timed? Oh yeah, chicken****. The kid is a joke and will probably go out around halftime "injured" against NSDU.
Its a joke right?

It is a joke. Sorry my SIU brother is pulling your leg.

The Salukis have no speed. We may be the slowest team in FCS, and I suspect there are Division II and III teams that are faster.

Houndawg
October 8th, 2014, 10:26 PM

And the officiating...

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 10:28 PM
And the officiating...

Yup. I forgot about that. We got every call in those victories over Northern Iowa. I'm surprised UNI didn't protest to the league office.

NDSUSR
October 8th, 2014, 10:39 PM

You appear to think what is in this thread somehow influences what our team does. Grow up, your pandering is sickening and stupid.
Way to embarrass Saluki fans.

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 10:47 PM
You appear to think what is in this thread somehow influences what our team does. Grow up, your pandering is sickening and stupid.

You appear to be a dumbass.

Do you really think North Dakota State is going to lose at home to Southern Illinois Saturday?

NDSUSR
October 8th, 2014, 10:51 PM

After your last few posts, I would abstain from calling anyone a dumbass if I were you.
You are a clown.

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 10:54 PM
After your last few posts, I would abstain from calling anyone a dumbass if I were you.
You are a clown.

North Dakota State is 43-2 with three FCS national championships over the past three years.

Fact or fiction?

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 10:54 PM
You are a clown.

Oh FFS, shut the **** up. All of the SIU fans are just screwing with you by sandbagging. Go put yourself in timeout. xlolx

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 10:56 PM
North Dakota State is 43-2 with three FCS national championships over the past three years.

Fact or fiction?

Fiction....I think it's 48-2 :D

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Fiction....I think it's 48-2 :D

14-1, 14-1, 15-0? Did I mess up? :)

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 10:58 PM
14-1, 14-1, 15-0? Did I mess up? :)

The Bison have added a few more this year :D

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 11:00 PM
The Bison have added a few more this year :D

I was talking about the last three seasons but just like my football team I just don't bring enough to the table to compete with those from NDSU. xbowx

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I was talking about the last three seasons but just like my football team I just don't bring enough to the table to compete with those from NDSU. xbowx

xhighfivex

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 11:04 PM
xhighfivex

Hey ... we're lucky we can even spell here in Carbondale. xdrunkyx

SIUSalukiFan
October 8th, 2014, 11:22 PM
You are a clown.

Please answer my question to you. Thanks.

frozennorth
October 9th, 2014, 12:51 AM

Do you really think North Dakota State is going to lose at home to Southern Illinois Saturday?
I do. Its gonna be a crash landing too.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Bison have a great day on Homecoming. I suspect SIU will stack the box to try and stop the running game and this should be an opportunity for Wentz to get more WRs into the offensive passing game.

Bison win: 27-13

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 9th, 2014, 06:39 AM
I do. Its gonna be a crash landing too.

Highly doubt it.

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2014, 06:57 AM
NDSU -14 for this game at 5dimes.

underdawg
October 9th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Oh FFS, shut the **** up. All of the SIU fans are just screwing with you by sandbagging. Go put yourself in timeout. xlolx

I will lie and predict a Saluki victory if that will heal the wounds created by Dawg fans expressing the truth on here. Does that help heal the wounds between Bison fans on this matter?

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 07:32 AM
So what you beat Iowa state there mediocre at best since they've only won one game.

AmsterBison
October 9th, 2014, 07:37 AM
So what you beat Iowa state there mediocre at best since they've only won one game.

That's the spirit!

Sycamore62
October 9th, 2014, 08:29 AM
It really hurts my Sycamores' chances having to play the Bison after a bye week next Saturday

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2014, 08:36 AM

Interesting first post from someone I've never heard of.

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Here's another interesting fact our 3/4 defense has always given the Bison fits with Dale at the reins of the defense I expect more wrinkles from them against the Bisons offense

Bison56
October 9th, 2014, 10:28 AM

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Siu 24
Bison 20

NDSU has scored more field goals than touchdowns of late

SIUSalukiFan
October 9th, 2014, 10:52 AM
It's apparent the Ebola virus has been transported to the Carbondale area. A bit of delirium has been introduced to this thread.

Thumper 76
October 9th, 2014, 11:02 AM

Speaking of embarrassing people. Way to let them make you look like an idiot there champ. The effectiveness of the SIU fans to drive bison fans nuts is epic. First class gentlemen. xbowx

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I calling it

SIU 24
NDSU 21

We've always been a very good road team.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Speaking of embarrassing people. Way to let them make you look like an idiot there champ. The effectiveness of the SIU fans to drive bison fans nuts is epic. First class gentlemen. xbowx

I love me some smack talk but for credible smack the game has to be a contest.xsmhx

Big picture we need to get out of Fargo without any major injuries is job 1. We have six games left, all against ranked teams and four of them on the road. We need to split these six and hope that strength of schedule gets us an at large with a 7-4 FCS record.:(

Houndawg
October 9th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I calling it

SIU 24
NDSU 21

Looks like a Bison fan trolling.....

Houndawg
October 9th, 2014, 12:15 PM

If it were my diagnosis I would say secondary butthurt aggravated by partial sphincter lock.xcoffeex

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I'm not saying NDSU is not good but you guys have struggled in a few games Weber State and Western Illinois. I'm sure SIU has looked at that film. A streak always comes to an end at some point.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I calling it

SIU 24
NDSU 21

Through 5 games, no one has scored more than 14 against the Bison. You have a lot of faith in our offense.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2014, 01:13 PM
I calling it

SIU 24
NDSU 21

Of course, this could be the Cap'n in disguise. Saw this on another site.

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41436

Cap'n Cat's Missouri Valley Predictions, 10/11 (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=41436#p927935)

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/styles/prosilver/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=927935#p927935)by Cap'n Cat (http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=129) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:19 am
Missouri State @ South Dakota State - Rare road win for Bruins, Bunnies starting a schneid. MSU, 23-19

Western Illinois @ Youngstown State - Leatherheads still hapless. Waddling Ones claim 20,000 fans, stands show 3900. YSU 36-17

Illinois State @ Indiana State - Trees keep home winning ways against good Crimson Crows squad. INSU, 21-13

Southern Illinois @ North Dakota State - Herd, winners of 63 in a row, stumble at home v Hounds of Carbondale. SIU, 24-21

Northern Iowa @ South Dakota - Cats shake off dust, come out scratching, take down Yotes. UNI, 13-10

http://wfmj.images.worldnow.com/images/15237176_BG1.jpg

Houndawg
October 9th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I'm not saying NDSU is not good but you guys have struggled in a few games Weber State and Western Illinois. I'm sure SIU has looked at that film. A streak always comes to an end at some point.

We got no chance on their Homecoming the week after they looked bad.

word
October 9th, 2014, 02:03 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/K8MioPlKxKAZa/giphy.gif

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Bison Trying to prove something this week with a not to stellar performance could b there down fall. Trying to make a statement with the wrong team could be why we get it done. Oh thee have little faith for boys !

underdawg
October 9th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Or it could be a Bison fan thinking he has to counter our truth mojo by being duplicitous ---

SIUSalukiFan
October 9th, 2014, 02:34 PM
We got no chance on their Homecoming the week after they looked bad.

The absolute WORST time to play NDSU.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2014, 03:32 PM
The absolute WORST time to play NDSU.

The real question is if there is a good time to play them...

Lehigh'98
October 9th, 2014, 03:42 PM
The real question is if there is a good time to play them...

Not unless you can find a time machine to get you to 2009. This may rival Oklahoma's winning streak. In fact, I'll guarantee it.

Bison56
October 9th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Bison Trying to prove something this week with a not to stellar performance could b there down fall. Trying to make a statement with the wrong team could be why we get it done. Oh thee have little faith for boys !

Bisonoline
October 9th, 2014, 03:48 PM

xconfusedx ahhhh what??????????????????????????????????

Twentysix
October 9th, 2014, 04:07 PM
Not unless you can find a time machine to get you to 2009. This may rival Oklahoma's winning streak. In fact, I'll guarantee it.

I think it will end before the playoffs. But a like 90-4 kind of thing is possible.

UNIFanSince1983
October 9th, 2014, 04:20 PM
xconfusedx ahhhh what??????????????????????????????????

Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning, and it appears by that post this particular "SIU" fan has done just that.

In fact that post reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning, and it appears by that post this particular "SIU" fan has done just that.

This.

Seriously bro, you better slow down or you're never going to make it to Saturday.

Professor Chaos
October 9th, 2014, 04:43 PM

In fact that post reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

This.

Seriously bro, you better slow down or you're never going to make it to Saturday.
I think he's a Bison fan trying to balance the karmic forces that the SIU sandbaggers are trying to align against NDSU. He's currently losing.

Houndawg
October 9th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I think he's a Bison fan trying to balance the karmic forces that the SIU sandbaggers are trying to align against NDSU. He's currently losing.

Tell me where the sandbagging is by not going with the 3 time defending national champs on their Homecoming a week after they played down.xsmhx

Even the betting line is NDSU -14.

I'm not selling us short, we've got some good players and the best athletes we've seen since Kill and I've said several times that we'd have a puncher's chance in Carbondale.

SIUSalukiFan
October 9th, 2014, 05:27 PM

I think "sandbaggers" is too strong a term.

Do you really think NDSU will lose at home to SIU on Saturday? :)

salukidawgfan
October 9th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Anything is possible why else would they call it on Any Given Saturday. Ask UNI about that we've beat them before on there Homecoming. Didn't they come with in 3 of beating u last year.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Anything is possible why else would they call it on Any Given Saturday. Ask UNI about that we've beat them before on there Homecoming. Didn't they come with in 3 of beating u last year.

I don't even care what citdog says about this. You need some grammar lessons.

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-30364-you-are-so-dumb-you-are-really-uA6z.gif

SIUSalukiFan
October 9th, 2014, 06:32 PM

I'm not sure who you are but you are embarrassing Salukis everywhere with your posts, not to mention your complete lack of writing ability.

pather
October 9th, 2014, 06:52 PM
I'm not sure who you are but you are embarrassing Salukis everywhere with your posts, not to mention your complete lack of writing ability.

This.

AmsterBison
October 9th, 2014, 07:44 PM

Ah. But is he a Saluki fan at all? I don't like to mplsbison jump to conclusions.

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2014, 07:45 PM
I like my theory that it is the Cap'n under an assumed name trying to stir things up. Is there some way the mods can check to see if he is from Iowa?

zsaluki
October 9th, 2014, 09:52 PM

I agree with that. Saw the Ia. St. game. NDSU not good the first quarter and a half. After that, they looked like they could win the Big 12 conference. Dominating. Think they scored 35 points in a row.

In last year's game against the Dawgs, they were dominating in the 2nd half. First half SIU looked like the better team. Of course SIU's offense disappeared with Faulkner out, but I really felt NDSU's D really stepped it up 2nd half with blitzes, etc. Also, John Crockett ran all over us. We looked like a high school team trying to stop him. Think he had 175 yards rushing, mostly in the 2nd half.

I also think SIU is better this year, especially the offensive line, RB, and coaching staff. Bunch of stiffs abandoned Lennon, thankfully.

I think/hope NDSU will have a harder time running on us this year.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I agree with that. Saw the Ia. St. game. NDSU not good the first quarter and a half. After that, they looked like they could win the Big 12 conference. Dominating. Think they scored 35 points in a row.

In last year's game against the Dawgs, they were dominating in the 2nd half. First half SIU looked like the better team. Of course SIU's offense disappeared with Faulkner out, but I really felt NDSU's D really stepped it up 2nd half with blitzes, etc. Also, John Crockett ran all over us. We looked like a high school team trying to stop him. Think he had 175 yards rushing, mostly in the 2nd half.

I also think SIU is better this year, especially the offensive line, RB, and coaching staff. Bunch of stiffs abandoned Lennon, thankfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=RV-p51fvYLc#t=6

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2014, 02:26 AM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/fa8b24441d3ad50945b4d6b621b2e53e/tumblr_mryq9wfGPy1qg4blro3_r1_500.gif

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 06:29 AM

Not better enough. NDSU would roll Purdue, whom I believe you predicted a great victory over. Our only chance is to get out without any major injuries and live to fight another day. I'd consider letting the scrubs play the second half.

IBleedYellow
October 10th, 2014, 07:22 AM
We're so ****ed. SIU is coming to town when we lose roughly 10% more games. I'll just go find the tallest water tower now!

Sycamore62
October 10th, 2014, 07:24 AM
There's just not enough Sycamore posters to keep this going next week

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 07:28 AM
We're so ****ed. SIU is coming to town when we lose roughly 10% more games. I'll just go find the tallest water tower now!

xrolleyesx

IBleedYellow
October 10th, 2014, 08:02 AM
xrolleyesx

Our homecoming record is **** compared to our overall winning streak.

SIUSalukiFan
October 10th, 2014, 08:17 AM

It will improve tomorrow.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Crockett and Wentz will be padding their stats before halftime.xcoffeex

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 08:46 AM

So is ours.:(

marenlee
October 10th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Not better enough. NDSU would roll Purdue, whom I believe you predicted a great victory over. Our only chance is to get out without any major injuries and live to fight another day. I'd consider letting the scrubs play the second half.

I thought SIU was very scary until the Purdue game. Purdue is not a good team at all. I don't expect SIU to be a patsy, but the Purdue game was a big disappointment.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2014, 09:18 AM

But the thing is you have won all your homecoming games during the win streak right?

IBleedYellow
October 10th, 2014, 10:58 AM
But the thing is you have won all your homecoming games during the win streak right?

Our away game winning streak is actually longer than the winning streak itself. I'm honest when I say I am worried when we play at home.

Professor Chaos
October 10th, 2014, 11:07 AM
Crockett and Wentz will be padding their stats before halftime.xcoffeex
What about Frazier and Morlock????? Or will they be waiting until after halftime to pad their stats? ;)

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 11:51 AM
What about Frazier and Morlock????? Or will they be waiting until after halftime to pad their stats? ;)

by then it will just be a matter of gouging us with repeated dive plays while our gassed defense prays for the clock to move faster.

SIUSalukiFan
October 10th, 2014, 11:56 AM
by then it will just be a matter of gouging us with repeated dive plays while our gassed defense prays for the clock to move faster.

I've been told SIU and NDSU have a gentleman's agreement in place, and a running clock will be used once NDSU gets up by 40.

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2014, 01:05 PM

It seems like we always win ours if we play UNI.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2014, 01:06 PM
It seems like we always win ours if we play UNI.

Well UNI is terrible and you and I both know that.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Well UNI is terrible and you and I both know that.

We got lucky. Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while.

underdawg
October 10th, 2014, 08:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwbop13A9yQ

Bison fans might recognize a certain mustache halfway through this great piece on the NDSU and UND;)

skinny_uncle
October 10th, 2014, 09:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwbop13A9yQ

Bison fans might recognize a certain mustache halfway through this great piece on the NDSU and USD;)
I'm assuming you mean UND. I know it can be confusing.

salukidawgfan
October 10th, 2014, 10:32 PM
I don't get it with some of you SIU supporters. It's seems you don't think we're any good. We are a different team with a win mentality. Our record shows that.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 10:48 PM
I don't get it with some of you SIU supporters. It's seems you don't think we're any good. We are a different team with a win mentality. Our record shows that.

Purdue beat us easily. NDSU is better than Purdue.

salukidawgfan
October 10th, 2014, 10:55 PM
NDSU has had slow starts in most of there games this year. The Purdue game we got off on the wrong foot but we contained them in the second half. NDSU win over Iowa state is nothing to brag about they've only won one game. Purdue has won 3

underdawg
October 10th, 2014, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=skinny_uncle;2158551]I'm assuming you mean UND. I know it can be confusing.[/QUOTE

Sorry--but it reminds me I'm not the only one with Dakota confusion--I just noticed today that Kroger West's giant Saluki football schedule covering their front entrance has us as playing SDSU instead of USD last weekend!

caribbeanhen
October 11th, 2014, 05:40 AM
If your QB does that much better at home, it sounds like he, like our QB, doesn't perform well when wind is involved. It shouldn't be a problem in your dome.

dont be be to sure lots of wind blowing when bizun fans are involved

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 07:25 AM
SIU will have trouble today with the noise and the Bison defense will step up as they always do.

It will be interesting to see if Vraa will play today. Another WR needs to step up and become a playmaker.

Bison win this 28-9

underdawg
October 11th, 2014, 09:02 AM
www.inforum.com/content/three-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-candidates-accused-trespassing-sioux-center-und (http://www.inforum.com/content/three-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-candidates-accused-trespassing-sioux-center-und)

Just wondering if the bison fans know who they are playing this week!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 11th, 2014, 09:06 AM
www.inforum.com/content/three-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-candidates-accused-trespassing-sioux-center-und (http://www.inforum.com/content/three-ndsu-homecoming-royalty-candidates-accused-trespassing-sioux-center-und)

It's closer to Grand Forks than Carbondale.

underdawg
October 11th, 2014, 09:15 AM

What did the banner say--something about stache?

- - - Updated - - -

What did the banner say--something about stache?

underdawg
October 11th, 2014, 09:17 AM
sorry, you only have to answer once!

Drblankstare
October 11th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Bison win 30 to 17. Kick 10 FGs

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:56 AM

SIU-Edwardsville......

robsnotes4u
October 11th, 2014, 10:12 AM

Come on, that can't be true, as the students to think there is a rivalry between the schools. lol.

On another note, what happened to the days when something like that was considered a prank, and expected. No need to arrest the guys. Just having fun.

underdawg
October 11th, 2014, 11:18 AM
www.valley-football.org/espn3/ (http://www.valley-football.org/espn3/)

link for all four games on espn

robsnotes4u
October 11th, 2014, 11:50 AM

xthumbsupxxdrunkyx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2014, 01:03 PM

xpopcornx

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Trading punts so far.

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Bison score first with a FG.

NDSU 3 SIU 0

Bisonator
October 11th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Just like I thought, another slobberknocker!

Bisonator
October 11th, 2014, 01:44 PM
3-0 Bison after 1st quarter.

veinup
October 11th, 2014, 01:47 PM
slobberknocker, good word

X-Factor
October 11th, 2014, 01:50 PM
slobberknocker gets a kick in the rear - 10-0 bison

Kemo
October 11th, 2014, 01:51 PM
SIU stunted their NT on the Wentz TD run and it was wide open. Good read by Wentz and poor timing by the Salukies.

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2014, 01:58 PM
TD pass to Pruitt!
NDSU 10 SIU 7

skinny_uncle
October 11th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Crockett punches in a short run.

NDSU 17 SIU 7

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Uncle skinny we have a GDT going on..
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?161886-GDT-NDSU-vs-SIU/page4

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Turns out they weren't sandbagging at all...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:16 PM

SIU has some athletes.

Bison played a pretty darn good game.

Professor Chaos
October 12th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Bison were lucky to get out of there with a win. Score could've been flipped as easy as pie if a couple of bounces would've gone the other way. Score was totally unreflective of how much SIU dominated the game. Bison wouldn't score 38 points on this team again if they played the next 12 weeks.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 07:32 AM

As time goes by you will learn to listen to those who understand the game better than you do young skywalker......

salukidawgfan
October 12th, 2014, 07:36 AM
What can I say you lose some you win some. We have them here next year since they (NDSU) will lose the rest of there defense.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 07:37 AM
xrolleyesx

...still a few games left this season.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 07:44 AM

Looks like we accomplished this goal; now we need to put this debacle behind us focus on finishing out the season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 07:54 AM
What can I say you lose some you win some. We have them here next year since they (NDSU) will lose the rest of there defense.

Not to look ahead, but NDSU will return a lot of players next year...

salukidawgfan
October 12th, 2014, 07:56 AM
But I do belief you lose your two safeties and a few other key players

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 07:59 AM

Dudzik and Heagle will be hard to replace (FS and SS). All 3 LBers will be gone next year also.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 08:20 AM

We lose some people too.xrolleyesx

You may wish to consider a more "remain silent and let them think you're stupid....." position. For the rest of the season.

salukidawgfan
October 12th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Got a point there.

stevdock
October 12th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I thought SIU played a very nice game. The key drive in the game was SIU's drive after their touchdown. On their TD drive they averaged about 9 yards a play. Then they come out on back to back plays run a flea flicker and statue of liberty?? No reason to do that as NDSU hadn't adjusted yet.

Things that SIU did on offense that NDSU needs to address. First if their QB was more accurate he would have had a huge day. He had open guys all over the place and just couldn't connect with them. For example, could have had a long TD pass as the WR was a step ahead of our CB. Also SIU did a nice job of moving the QB out of the pocket and neutralizing our DE's. They would double the play side end and then obviously run away from the other one. Really nothing our DE's could have done against it. Also SIU's running game was hitting the holes at a diagonal and really made it tough for us to stop. This was a 14 point game until we hit 2 home runs and put the game away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I thought SIU played a very nice game. The key drive in the game was SIU's drive after their touchdown. On their TD drive they averaged about 9 yards a play. Then they come out on back to back plays run a flea flicker and statue of liberty?? No reason to do that as NDSU hadn't adjusted yet.

Things that SIU did on offense that NDSU needs to address. First if their QB was more accurate he would have had a huge day. He had open guys all over the place and just couldn't connect with them. For example, could have had a long TD pass as the WR was a step ahead of our CB. Also SIU did a nice job of moving the QB out of the pocket and neutralizing our DE's. They would double the play side end and then obviously run away from the other one. Really nothing our DE's could have done against it. Also SIU's running game was hitting the holes at a diagonal and really made it tough for us to stop. This was a 14 point game until we hit 2 home runs and put the game away.

Agree with some of this but games are 4 quarters. The roll out pass away from Emmanuel was effective then the strong side end was charging hard into the QB. The defense made adjustments and that roll out was getting disrupted later in the game.

The Bison defense gave up a total of 267 yards (121 rushing and 146 passing). Pretty good considering that SIU was averaging 36.8 points/game and 441 yards/game.

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 08:51 AM

I agree, didn't understand SIU going to trickery with their O. The big turning points in this game was SIU going for and missing the FG when down by 14 and then the Bison on 3rd and 13 got the long TD pass to Geb. Bison decided they were going to take some shots downfield against SIU. Didn't connect early but it was great to see us hit a couple big plays to put this game away! This had been absent in the Montana and WIU games. We will be very tough for teams to handle if we can stretch the field vertically with some consistency....Thought the O-line had a better game yesterday as well.

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Agree with some of this but games are 4 quarters. The roll out pass away from Emmanuel was effective then the strong side end was charging hard into the QB. The defense made adjustments and that roll out was getting disrupted later in the game.

The Bison defense gave up a total of 267 yards (121 rushing and 146 passing). Pretty good considering that SIU was averaging 36.8 points/game and 441 yards/game.

Our defense,... what can you say... is why we are as good as we are!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 09:05 AM

Ya, no argument from me. Even Chris Board (SS) came in at times and played really well. He is big and will probably be a 220-225 lb SS next year....xbeerchugx

But you're right about this defense. They are tough and assignment sharp. They have some hiccups once in a while but they are tough as nails.

Drblankstare
October 12th, 2014, 09:07 AM
i do know this, with Vraa not being 100%. NDSU receivers and Wentz can expect to see more press coverage theses next few games. I think SIU played it right, sell out on the run and make Wentz beat you. The Bison receiving core is not terribly good this year. I think I heard they had only 1 complete pass to a WR in the 1st half.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 11:02 AM

That happens every week. Tay Willis has been missed badly at least ten times behind the defense this season. Pruitt was the only thing keeping us being exposed.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 11:06 AM

That happens every week. Tay Willis has been missed badly at least ten times behind the defense this season. Pruitt was the only thing keeping us from being exposed earlier.

stevdock
October 12th, 2014, 01:37 PM
i do know this, with Vraa not being 100%. NDSU receivers and Wentz can expect to see more press coverage theses next few games. I think SIU played it right, sell out on the run and make Wentz beat you. The Bison receiving core is not terribly good this year. I think I heard they had only 1 complete pass to a WR in the 1st half.

Wentz only completed one pass period in the first half and that was to our H-back Andrew Bonnett. Our WR's outside of Vraa are not getting any separation this year. With Vraa hurt that limited the passing game big time.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 12th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Wentz only completed one pass period in the first half and that was to our H-back Andrew Bonnett. Our WR's outside of Vraa are not getting any separation this year. With Vraa hurt that limited the passing game big time.

Yet somehow we won by 4 TDs. We have never had a dynamic passing offense.

stevdock
October 12th, 2014, 01:45 PM

Yes our defense is very good, but there were plays to be made out there by SIU yesterday. They make those plays and it's a different ball game.

I think the only two things that we know for sure about the Bison is, first they are very talented, and second we have no idea what we are going to get out of them. Right now I honestly think we are just out-talenting and out-conditioning the other team. I don't think we are out-coaching the other team or really out-playing the other team. Last year we knew exactly what we were going to get out of our team, physical smash mouth offensive and defensive football. We're not there yet.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 12th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Yes our defense is very good, but there were plays to be made out there by SIU yesterday. They make those plays and it's a different ball game.

I think the only two things that we know for sure about the Bison is, first they are very talented, and second we have no idea what we are going to get out of them. Right now I honestly think we are just out-talenting and out-conditioning the other team. I don't think we are out-coaching the other team or really out-playing the other team. Last year we knew exactly what we were going to get out of our team, physical smash mouth offensive and defensive football. We're not there yet.

Last year will never happen again.

Bisonwinagn
October 12th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Last year will never happen again.

Exactly what I was going to say. People need to stop comparing this years team to last year. This years teams is better than 2011 and as good as 2012 and both won Championships.

stevdock
October 12th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Exactly what I was going to say. People need to stop comparing this years team to last year. This years teams is better than 2011 and as good as 2012 and both won Championships.

I never compared the two teams. I just said last year we knew what we were gonna get. This year we have no clue. We'll hopefully learn more about our team next week.

TILIS-BisonFan
October 12th, 2014, 02:37 PM

But southern speed. same song and dance from opposing teams in the playoffs from teams outside of the Valley. NDSU hasnt seen an offense like this. Crazy speed etc. When three NDSU defenders chased down the SIU running back after he broke past them that says it all.

Ill take my chances with our defense vs anyone all day. What they have done the last three and a half seasons is nothing short of remarkable. And giving up around 0.6 points per game in the fourth quarter over something like the last 26 games is astounding.

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 03:34 PM
I never compared the two teams. I just said last year we knew what we were gonna get. This year we have no clue. We'll hopefully learn more about our team next week.

I think I know what we are going to get. Stiff competition every week in conference play. Personally, I wouldn't care if we drop a conference game and still think we probably will. It would be better than losing in the playoffs. Our last two conference losses have not been to playoff teams. It wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happens this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 04:31 PM

I think we know exactly what we have. Great defense and an offense that is still evolving in '14.

Polasek is still learning to be a OC and the Bison are still a team that will run straight at you and mix in the play action pass. Offensive philosophy hasn't changed one bit just the OC is learning to call a game.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2014, 06:59 PM
This guy is slow looking too--always kick his direction and your specialties teams will prosper

Hey dawg did this guy miss the flight to Fargo or was he so fast I (and apparently everyone else) just didn't see him?xlolx

Bisonoline
October 12th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Hey dawg did this guy miss the flight to Fargo or was he so fast I (and apparently everyone else) just didn't see him?xlolx

Whoooosh>>>>>>>>>>>>>xeekx xthumbsupx

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 10:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=so0IJGFJG-U

The game recap/highlights was/were just posted.

NDSU continues its tradition as THE second half team.

During this game was thinking about how Wentz is just like jose mohler, except he is 2 feet taller, and better/more accurate/stronger lol.

I can't remember an NDSU QB doing this much throwing on the run since Mohler, or before him really.

robsnotes4u
October 13th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Here is the latest on the NDSU students
http://www.wday.com/content/judge-orders-ndsu-students-write-essays-praising-university-north-dakota

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Here is the latest on the NDSU students
http://www.wday.com/content/judge-orders-ndsu-students-write-essays-praising-university-north-dakota
Write an essay on why UND is a good school? They should be done in 5 minutes.

No_Skill
October 13th, 2014, 07:46 PM

teh hokies?

JSUBison
October 13th, 2014, 07:57 PM

An essay for the kids to write hmm....Does Barry Manilow know that Judge Christofferson raided his wardrobe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv1I4q6lOpo

Bisonator
October 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM

They make NDSU look even better?:D