PDA

View Full Version : Liberty University game atmosphere ...best I've seen in FCS

lknspider
October 5th, 2014, 08:20 PM
The game with Richmond was electric last night. Record capacity crowd of 20,800 that included 7000 students in the north stands and they stayed for the entire game. The score and 60 yd. fg says everything about the excitement. I have been to games at Ohio State, Notre Dame, APP State and previously thought the most exciting game FCS venue was a playoff game at Northern Iowa. However last night Liberty's stadium, facilities and everything about the pregame to post game was first class, loud and spirited even after a tough loss (great fans). LU is known as a Christian based school and I don't know if it can ever get to the level of ND, BYU or Wake but don't count against it. It was an impressive performance by their team and school. They have had trouble getting that big break though victory, season and playoffs but as my 15 yr old grandson said last night LU will be a legit FBS program someday soon.

knucklehead
October 5th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Great to hear. Thanks. Thought the UR fans were strong and loud too. I thought the croud was by far the best I've seen at LU. So proud. Need that W though. I thought that kick was finally the break we've been waiting on, but alas.....

Sader87
October 5th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Agreed...while I have issues with the school in general, it was a fabulous atmosphere (watched on ESPN3).

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Agreed...while I have issues with the school in general, it was a fabulous atmosphere (watched on ESPN3).

What issues do you have with the school?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 5th, 2014, 10:15 PM
What issues do you have with the school?

They have an entire department dedicated to teaching creationism (http://www.liberty.edu/academics/arts-sciences/creation/), for one.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 10:25 PM
They have an entire department dedicated to teaching creationism (http://www.liberty.edu/academics/arts-sciences/creation/), for one.

Go on......

BlueHenSinfonian
October 5th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Go on......

Well, that's a pretty big issue. An accredited university shouldn't be teaching religion as science.

They also have the unfortunate Falwell connections, a pretty ridiculous student code of conduct (http://saveandrewgarib.com/?page=templates/article&articleid=333) and they institutionalize discrimination against gay people.

They're an evangelical school, so I suppose some of that is to be expected, but that doesn't make it right.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Well, that's a pretty big issue. An accredited university shouldn't be teaching religion as science.

They also have the unfortunate Falwell connections, a pretty ridiculous student code of conduct (http://saveandrewgarib.com/?page=templates/article&articleid=333) and they institutionalize discrimination against gay people.

They're an evangelical school, so I suppose some of that is to be expected, but that doesn't make it right.

But are those Sader87's issues too?

BlueHenSinfonian
October 5th, 2014, 10:44 PM

No clue, those are the big issues most people have with the school though.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2014, 10:46 PM

I'm just wondering because to me, the Catholic Church isn't a whole lot better.

BlueHenSinfonian
October 5th, 2014, 10:56 PM

The Catholic Church is nowhere near as crazy as the evangelicals. They have a rather more nuanced approach to evolution, allowing for the scientific data to stand as it is, with the caveat that all of creation, and the soul of man in particular, is the work of God. I'm not aware of any major Catholic university that teaches young earth or literal creationism.

Codes of conduct vary from school to school, but they're also usually far less imposing than those of evangelical schools.

The gay rights thing is still an issue with the Catholics, but it isn't handled as poorly as it is by the evangelicals either.

When it comes down to it the Catholics and mainstream Protestant schools have found ways to evolve with society and prioritize scientific fact over dogma, the evangelical ones want to turn back the clock socially and are far more willing to prioritize religion over science.

NDSUSR
October 5th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Religion has never been disproven, science on the other hand, is almost daily. Just a thought...

BlueHenSinfonian
October 5th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Religion has never been disproven, science on the other hand, is almost daily. Just a thought...

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Religion itself demonstrably exists, so, yes, religion as a thing can't be disproved, but various claims made by various religions certainly can be.

There's a tremendous amount of evidence that the Earth was not created in seven literal days, that man did not spring forth fully formed in our modern state, and that the Earth is quite a bit older than 10,000 years.

Science is designed to be able to be found wrong, that's the whole concept of the scientific method. A hypothesis found wrong provides valid data just as one found correct does. The idea behind the scientific method is that ideas should be challenged and positions backed by data and reproduceable results.

It doesn't have to be an either-or thing, you can accept scientific data and still be religious, you just shouldn't treat scripture written thousands of years ago (which was likely based on oral traditions dating back even further), translated and retranslated many times through multiple languages (some of which all but lost to the passage of time), edited, rewritten, and subject to the political whims of motivations of ages, as literal scientific fact.

Sycamore62
October 5th, 2014, 11:18 PM
I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Religion itself demonstrably exists, so, yes, religion as a thing can't be disproved, but various claims made by various religions certainly can be.

There's a tremendous amount of evidence that the Earth was not created in seven literal days, that man did not spring forth fully formed in our modern state, and that the Earth is quite a bit older than 10,000 years.

Science is designed to be able to be found wrong, that's the whole concept of the scientific method. A hypothesis found wrong provides valid data just as one found correct does. The idea behind the scientific method is that ideas should be challenged and positions backed by data and reproduceable results.

It doesn't have to be an either-or thing, you can accept scientific data and still be religious, you just shouldn't treat scripture written thousands of years ago (which was likely based on oral traditions dating back even further), translated and retranslated many times through multiple languages (some of which all but lost to the passage of time), edited, rewritten, and subject to the political whims of motivations of ages, as literal scientific fact.

Though I've seen crap more useless than that at our wonderful enlightened universities.

Demwai
October 5th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Never really post on here, but what in Hades does any if this crap have to do with college football?

Sader87
October 5th, 2014, 11:24 PM

My main issue with HC playing at Liberty would be the no alcohol tailgating policy xdrunkyx

344Johnson
October 5th, 2014, 11:28 PM

You don't like that the Catholic Church allows for science or?

Sitting Bull
October 6th, 2014, 06:08 AM

Wow, how we have come full circle.

Anybody remember that famous movie, Inherit the Wind, Oscar winner with Spencer Tracy. Came out in 1960. The entire premise was a court case in a small southern town where those who believed in evolution were battling in court the single teaching in the school system of creationism. They wanted evolution to be taught as well, another option worth study and consideration.

Those defending creationism were depicted in the movie as being narrow minded, intolerant and dictatorial.

Today, the background has entirely flipped. Now society seems to openly shun creationism and in many areas, flat out refuses to even let it be mentioned as a possibility. Those, along with any who have a problem with Liberty offering, not mandating as the left would probably do, a department to teach the concept are no less narrow minded and intolerant as the movie famously depicted the creationists.

Personally, I don't know and neither side of the debate has proven their case. I do find it a problem, like many in the current environment, of the pressures being put upon us to think in a certain way.

Continued success to Liberty.

rokamortis
October 6th, 2014, 06:33 AM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/517/111/fbd.jpg

AmsterBison
October 6th, 2014, 07:19 AM

Anybody remember that famous movie, Inherit the Wind, Oscar winner with Spencer Tracy. Came out in 1960. The entire premise was a court case in a small southern town where those who believed in evolution were battling in court the single teaching in the school system of creationism. They wanted evolution to be taught as well, another option worth study and consideration.

Creationism should be taught, but it's farcical to teach it as science because that is not what it is. It's just a deus ex machina that can be dropped in to explain the development of animal species (or any natural phenomena that puzzles us). Its proponents, if given the power to do so, would put a stop to any further investigation or theory that would challenge it, directly or indirectly. It's not a building block towards further enlightenment; it's a door slammed shut on it.

Furthermore, Creationism seems a little blasphemous to me because its proponents, by their arguments to disprove evolution, are putting a limit on the power of God. Basically, they are saying that God Himself could not have set up the universe so that evolution would work.

Wait, what is thread about again?

WileECoyote06
October 6th, 2014, 07:34 AM

Those defending creationism were depicted in the movie as being narrow minded, intolerant and dictatorial.

Today, the background has entirely flipped. Now society seems to openly shun creationism and in many areas, flat out refuses to even let it be mentioned as a possibility. Those, along with any who have a problem with Liberty offering, not mandating as the left would probably do, a department to teach the concept are no less narrow minded and intolerant as the movie famously depicted the creationists.

Personally, I don't know and neither side of the debate has proven their case. I do find it a problem, like many in the current environment, of the pressures being put upon us to think in a certain way.

The movie was based on the play, which was about the 1925 Scopes Monkey Trial. The play was a thinly veiled commentary of the McCarthy-ism of the 1950s, using the Monkey Trial as a backdrop.

-just adding something to the convo.

Libertine
October 6th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Yay football?

AmsterBison
October 6th, 2014, 07:54 AM
Yay football?

Yah, sorry about my post. Obviously, Liberty can teach what it wants.

And you guys do have an awesome football atmosphere.

knucklehead
October 6th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Yay football?
Yea, I go to sleep excited about a nice post from a UR fan and wake up to the same old blah blah blah. The thread was about the atmosphere at LU for football.

kalm
October 6th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Why is it called "Liberty" university?

Ghost
October 6th, 2014, 08:47 AM
2nd Corinthians 3:17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

SumItUp
October 6th, 2014, 08:55 AM
What a great game and exciting atmosphere. The 60-yard tying field at the close of regulation seemed to be a tide changer with bigger implications than a single victory. However, someone forgot to follow the script til the close of the game. At the start, it was obvious that something had to give. Who was finally going to win a big game? Liberty or Rocco? Congrats to Danny.

Why is it called "Liberty" university? Part of it is a correlation to a verse in the Bible, 2 Corinthians, 3:17, "Now the Lord is that Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

Bogus Megapardus
October 6th, 2014, 09:49 AM
1. Liberty has a GREAT football atmosphere. They can come to Easton any time and we'd love to go back there.

2. Liberty ought to be able to teach as much Creationism as it likes. If it wanted to teach 17th Century Austro-Hapsburg Mysoradical Transgender Activism, or Vegan-Friendly Community Organizing for Fun and Profit, it ought to able to do that as well. Or Liberty simply could leave kind of that silliness to the many other FCS institutions that fully center their curricula around such drivel.

3. "Science" extends beyond the cult of Neil deGrasse Tyson, "Doctor" Al Gore and all those mind-numbing hacks with their Ph.Ds in Hipster Awarenessing. Good science casts a wide net and it includes a great many politically inconvenient truths and inviolable statistical conclusions regarding social order that evade popular discussion.

4. Jesus Christ existed. Whether (and in what fashion) you choose to abide his teachings, and those of his advocates, ought to be up to you. Mohammad existed as well, as did Martin Luther, Joseph Smith, Thomas Cranmer, Mary Baker Eddy and L. Ron Hubbard. As for the the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the jury still is out . . .

5. In football, we want to win. And admit it, there are those rivalry games in which you want to rub it in and hope fans for the other side feel bad. But not if they're in any way connected to any civilly-protected status - like if they identify with being one-sixteenth Cherokee or they're bi/tri-cisfemino-transgender curious or some such thing. Because then, winning is "not okay" (to borrow an inane phrase from the modern, morally-supercilious parlance); it might make someone feel bad. And science proves that.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2014, 10:07 AM
I was looking forward to a great discussion about college football atmosphere instead you pricks have to attack a school for teaching what they believe. Good job.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 10:21 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142124/3898460-8864152835-

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM
When we play at Liberty in '96, I dont remember it being that great of a place. Apparently the Program Rev. Falwell created has really evolved over the years.

See what I did there?

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Tailgating Policy• Only one space per car should be used; aisles may be utilized for tailgate parties in designated tailgate areas
• Driving or parking private vehicles on any and all green spaces and sidewalks is prohibited
• Tents or canopies must be secured and may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways
• Tents should be secured by sandbags, water buckets, or stakes not more than 1’ long
• Tailgating amenities including furniture, grills, generators or satellite dishes, may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways
• Open flames, other than grills, are NOT permitted
• All trash must be disposed in appropriate trash receptacles or packed and removed
• Disposal of grease, hot coals or hazardous materials onto the ground or into storm drains is prohibited
• Hot coals are to be retained in metal containers, and must be carried out or left in the metal container on concrete for pickup and disposal by Liberty Grounds
• All generators must be equipped with a noise reducing device (manufacturer-approved cover or muffler); special care and consideration should be taken when managing fuel and extension cords affiliated with generators
• Motorized recreational vehicles, including four-wheelers, golf carts, mules, gators, scooters, motorized skateboards, etc., are prohibited
• Pets are not permitted near the stadium or in the tailgating areas
• Liberty does not permit alcohol or tobacco on campus
• No overnight occupancy is permitted in tailgating areas or on the Liberty campus
• All tailgating lots must be vacated within three hours of the conclusion of the game

As I said....great atmosphere but many of our Jesuitical educated fans would pass on a road-trip to Lynchburg.

chattownmocs
October 6th, 2014, 10:40 AM
I love lumping science and gay rights in together. What would science say about homosexuality? One thing that is very scientific is that matter comes from matter. Which disproves, of course, the very existence of the word existence or anything else. Science has absolutely nothing better to explain the existence of anything than the bible. But the catholic church? Wow what a fraud. You claim the catholic church is superior in some social retard light. I claim it as an absolute fraud that spits in the face of Jesus Christ who it claims to worship. Jesus Christ died on the cross so you can go confess your sins to some.....well I wont go that far. The problem with Liberty and baptists(apart from their name which has no place in this dispensation,) is nothing except their understanding of the bible and their preaching of a doctrine. Much of which focuses on nonsense like homosexuality ect. which is wrong but no worse than any other sin, that is of course close but no cigar which is good in horse shoes and hand grenades in terms of salvation. Their failure to rightly divide the word of truth has led them to a place of such contradiction even in the most pivotal area of salvation.

We affirm that each person can be saved only through the work of Jesus Christ, through repentance of sin and by faith alone in Him as Savior. The believer is declared righteous, born again by the Holy Spirit, turned from sin, and assured of heaven.

The misuse of the term "born again" is a remedial mistake however it is not outrageous. The phrase "through repentance of sin and by faith alone" however is the ridiculous part. The most obvious of contradictions even a 2nd grader could see. Is it through repentance of sin or by faith alone? It cant be both you baptist airheads.

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2014, 10:43 AM
http://cdn.mlkshk.com/r/FNFN

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111142124/3898460-8864152835-

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Tailgating Policy

• Only one space per car should be used; aisles may be utilized for tailgate parties in designated tailgate areas
• Driving or parking private vehicles on any and all green spaces and sidewalks is prohibited
• Tents or canopies must be secured and may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways
• Tents should be secured by sandbags, water buckets, or stakes not more than 1’ long
• Tailgating amenities including furniture, grills, generators or satellite dishes, may not obstruct sidewalks, drive lanes or pedestrian walkways
• Open flames, other than grills, are NOT permitted
• All trash must be disposed in appropriate trash receptacles or packed and removed
• Disposal of grease, hot coals or hazardous materials onto the ground or into storm drains is prohibited
• Hot coals are to be retained in metal containers, and must be carried out or left in the metal container on concrete for pickup and disposal by Liberty Grounds
• All generators must be equipped with a noise reducing device (manufacturer-approved cover or muffler); special care and consideration should be taken when managing fuel and extension cords affiliated with generators
• Motorized recreational vehicles, including four-wheelers, golf carts, mules, gators, scooters, motorized skateboards, etc., are prohibited
• Pets are not permitted near the stadium or in the tailgating areas
• Liberty does not permit alcohol or tobacco on campus
• No overnight occupancy is permitted in tailgating areas or on the Liberty campus
• All tailgating lots must be vacated within three hours of the conclusion of the game

As I said....great atmosphere but many of our Jesuitical educated fans would pass on a road-trip to Lynchburg.

I can only imagine how appalled most Liberty fans must have been by all the fun they saw going on in Missoula a couple of years ago...

frozennorth
October 6th, 2014, 10:48 AM

Creationism has been falsified though. Evolution is the unifying principle of biology, without it nothing makes any sense.

IndyTreeFan
October 6th, 2014, 10:50 AM
I can only imagine how appalled most Liberty fans must have been by all the fun they saw going on in Missoula a couple of years ago...

Frankly, with all the idiocy I see on a weekly basis at football games, I wouldn't mind Liberty's policy being more widespread!!!

frozennorth
October 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Why is it called "Liberty" university?
It's an Orwellian thing.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 10:55 AM
Frankly, with all the idiocy I see on a weekly basis at football games, I wouldn't mind Liberty's policy being more widespread!!!

at YOUR football games? That was about as dead a scene as I've ever witnessed.

IndyTreeFan
October 6th, 2014, 11:03 AM

Nice. We actually have a great tailgating atmosphere. Not many make it into the stadium, though...

And if you came last year, well, 1-11 will do that to you...

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 11:21 AM

Go this week and you will see a totally different scene (homecoming)

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Nice. We actually have a great tailgating atmosphere. Not many make it into the stadium, though...

And if you came last year, well, 1-11 will do that to you...

I was there in 2011 when you were 5-3, you were a playoff bubble team and had one of the best running backs in the country. Oh yeah, the #2 team was there too.

I was underwhelmed to say the least.

IndyTreeFan
October 6th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I was there in 2011 when you were 5-3, you were a playoff bubble team and had one of the best running backs in the country. Oh yeah, the #2 team was there too.

I was underwhelmed to say the least.

Yeah, I remember that game. It's better than it was then, but that game was particularly galling to those of us who had implored the University to do some marketing and make that game a real event. We got nothin'. You were there at what should have been a great day, but it wasn't. I get why you said what you did...

We actually do have good tailgating now. No one goes into the stadium, but oh well...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Yeah, I remember that game. It's better than it was then, but that game was particularly galling to those of us who had implored the University to do some marketing and make that game a real event. We got nothin'. You were there at what should have been a great day, but it wasn't. I get why you said what you did...

We actually do have good tailgating now. No one goes into the stadium, but oh well...

Not sure if I'll be back. I lived in Columbus then and it was a much easier drive than now.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM

If you have issues with it, dont go to school there.

xcoffeex

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Is this the anti gay stuff you were talking about?

"• Open flames, other than grills, are NOT permitted"

"Safety not sexuality" is my new motto now as I hit submit.

Reign of Terrier
October 6th, 2014, 11:56 AM
This thread is bad, the only thing you need to know to invalidate the OP is that BOOZE IS NOT ALLOWED AT TAILGATE

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
In Liberty's defense, many are bashing their beliefs and then thinking its dumb not to allow alcohol at the tailgate.

I dont know how they feel about concealed flames.

CFBfan
October 6th, 2014, 12:09 PM

While up north Brown is having nude week on campus and most colleges lean so far left they will soon tip over!! C'mon

Grizalltheway
October 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM
While up north Brown is having nude week on campus and most colleges lean so far left they will soon tip over!! C'mon

My only issue with that is it's freaking BROWN doing it. Why not Arizona State or Florida? :(

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM

Love nude week....serendipitously we are at Brown this week.xrotatehx

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 12:24 PM
19804Who needs those sun-belt schools???

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 12:28 PM
19804Who needs those sun-belt schools???

This image is blocked on Liberty's computers.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM
If I had a college I would have blow job week, almost every week.

Nothing builds self esteem like fuel injecting a full load in a chicks mouth, while you snake her trachea, then drinking at the tailgate on game day while you work up another batch. (God willing)

UCMENU would be a great place to get a degree, FYI the human anatomy classes are filled for the next 7 years so plan accordingly.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 02:09 PM

Nothing builds self esteem like fuel injecting a full load in a chicks mouth, while you snake her trachea, then drinking at the tailgate on game day while you work up another batch. (God willing)

UCMENU would be a great place to get a degree, FYI the human anatomy classes are filled for the next 7 years so plan accordingly.

FHRITP week??

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM

i was glad to see you made sure there was a female reference there

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Well this thread escalated/degenerated/went asundah quickly.....poor Liberty. xrotatehx

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 03:28 PM
i was glad to see you made sure there was a female reference there

I know my audience..............

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Well this thread escalated/degenerated/went asundah quickly.....poor Liberty. xrotatehx

It did evolve.....didnt it

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 6th, 2014, 05:27 PM
It did evolve.....didnt it

More like devolved.

NDSUSR
October 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Creationism has been falsified though. Evolution is the unifying principle of biology, without it nothing makes any sense.
Oh really? I am not a creationist but lean more toward being a Deist. Evolution is so full of holes that its almost ridiculous. Human evolution starts with apes. Where did apes come from? Its not a difficult concept to accept that we did not evolve from primordial slime, but a intelligent being was involved.

/this discussion... Someone start a new thread in the right section for this and we can battle it out there....

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM

I don't find their code of conduct ridiculous at all. They crafted a code based on their beliefs and they are a private institution. I would rather more colleges and people were interested in that sort of class.

I attend a private college where guns and knives are banned. I find that more ridiculous than a banning on vulgar movies, music and video games. I cannot protect myself with The Hangover, but I can protect myself with a weapon, yet my college is strictly anti-weapons but they allow a bottle of booze and R movies on their Wi-Fi. Every college has strange practices according to one group. Liberty is private, people choose to go there. They aren't a public school pushing beliefs on people. In fact, my friends (and most of the campus) at my college should abide by most of those Liberty's rules unless they want dead livers by thirty.

NDSUSR
October 6th, 2014, 05:37 PM
I don't find their code of conduct ridiculous at all. They crafted a code based on their beliefs and they are a private institution. I would rather more colleges and people were interested in that sort of class.

I attend a private college where guns and knives are banned. I find that more ridiculous than a banning on vulgar movies, music and video games. I cannot protect myself with The Hangover, but I can protect myself with a weapon, yet my college is strictly anti-weapons but they allow a bottle of booze and R movies on their Wi-Fi. Every college has strange practices according to one group. Liberty is private, people choose to go there. They aren't a public school pushing beliefs on people. In fact, my friends (and most of the campus) at my college should abide by most of those Liberty's rules unless they want dead livers by thirty.

Yeah, I will roll with that too. Their school, don't like it? Don't go there.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 6th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I will roll with that too. Their school, don't like it? Don't go there.

Exactly!

The Sun Belt board on CSNBSS is so anti-Liberty. Their schools, for the most part, are complete nobodies in the grand scheme of CFB. APP State is famous for one upset. Liberty would be a worthy addition to the Belt and if Liberty turns into a FCS powerhouse, they will be invited regardless of their studies. Winning comes first in the minds of desperate conferences.

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Oh really? I am not a creationist but lean more toward being a Deist. Evolution is so full of holes that its almost ridiculous. Human evolution starts with apes. Where did apes come from? Its not a difficult concept to accept that we did not evolve from primordial slime, but a intelligent being was involved.

/this discussion... Someone start a new thread in the right section for this and we can battle it out there....

No holes in the intelligent being theory though???

BisonFan02
October 6th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Exactly!

The Sun Belt board on CSNBSS is so anti-Liberty. Their schools, for the most part, are complete nobodies in the grand scheme of CFB. APP State is famous for one upset. Liberty would be a worthy addition to the Belt and if Liberty turns into a FCS powerhouse, they will be invited regardless of their studies. Winning comes first in the minds of desperate conferences.

Georgia St?

NDSUSR
October 6th, 2014, 06:53 PM
No holes in the intelligent being theory though???
For example?

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 6th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Hold up.....no drinking?

Lehigh'98
October 6th, 2014, 07:30 PM
For example?

Aside from the fact that there is no observable evidence and just blind faith??

ElCid
October 6th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I got no issue with Liberty. If more schools would have a similar code of conduct, and enforce it, there would be less issues at some more troubled schools. You don't like it, don't go there. And you should probably not complain about it too much because you don't have a dog in the fight and you look foolish. Now for those who want to somehow discriminate against them somehow in regard to scheduling football (have not heard that directly, but I have heard it implied every now and again by some) because of their beliefs, then you would be first class hypocrites because you are doing the same thing you claim they are doing. Has no place in football. I for one hope we can do a home and home with Liberty at some point, I would love a trip to Virginia.

Oh yeah…Liberty, please smack App St this weekend.

Snowgoose
October 6th, 2014, 07:56 PM
There is really no way to prove creationism or evolution, but to me evolution has a pretty weak argument. I am a creationist partly because evolution has so many holes. For one example, if we are derived from apes why then are there no ape species transforming slowly into humans besides AphaGriz. They haven't moved past eating **** for ten thousand years yet close minded people think we evolved from them.

Creationism has every right to be taught in schools, as the only other argument is something called a "Theory" on evolution.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM
There is really no way to prove creationism or evolution, but to me evolution has a pretty weak argument. I am a creationist partly because evolution has so many holes. For one example, if we are derived from apes why then are there no ape species transforming slowly into humans besides AphaGriz. They haven't moved past eating **** for ten thousand years yet close minded people think we evolved from them.

Creationism has every right to be taught in schools, as the only other argument is something called a "Theory" on evolution.

You better stick with creationism because you fundamentally misunderstand evolutionary science.

knucklehead
October 6th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I was looking forward to a great discussion about college football atmosphere instead you pricks have to attack a school for teaching what they believe. Good job.

Thanks man. A look at the student side.https://twitter.com/LUFB_Recruiting/status/519246517421756418 And the fact that they are ranked in the to 10 in the country in average student attendance https://twitter.com/LUADJeff/status/518016162312249344

heath
October 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM
When Lehigh played at Williams 2 years ago, it was a great atmosphere. It was good to see a full stadium, fireworks and a Lehigh victory. We were told that students must attend games and that is why their section was packed. But..any game under the lights is just plain better. Thanks for the experience and good luck.xdrunkyxxdrunkyx
We tailgated, but just put our beer in those pretty BROWN Solo cups.

- - - Updated - - -

knucklehead
October 6th, 2014, 08:32 PM
Students a NOT required to attend games. Just silly.

ElCid
October 6th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Students a NOT required to attend games. Just silly.

What's wrong with that, our students are required to attend games. We even force them to march together to the stadium to make sure none get away enroute.:D

The Boogie Down
October 6th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Now for those who want to somehow discriminate against them somehow in regard to scheduling football (have not heard that directly, but I have heard it implied every now and again by some) because of their beliefs, then you would be first class hypocrites because you are doing the same thing you claim they are doing.

Implications maybe but no one is discriminating against Liberty the way they openly discriminate against teh gays. Ironic for a bunch of Flames. The most offensive part of this thread was reserved for Catholics:

Science has absolutely nothing better to explain the existence of anything than the bible. But the catholic church? Wow what a fraud. You claim the catholic church is superior in some social retard light. I claim it as an absolute fraud that spits in the face of Jesus Christ who it claims to worship. Jesus Christ died on the cross so you can go confess your sins to some.....well I wont go that far.

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Maybe this has been said but I'd say their beliefs and reputation hold them back from getting a FBS invite WAY less than the fact that a nominal fee on their tuition could turn them into a financial juggernaut.

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Implications maybe but no one is discriminating against Liberty the way they openly discriminate against teh gays. Ironic for a bunch of Flames. The most offensive part of this thread was reserved for Catholics:

Much about the Church of Rome is ugly and bloody. At least Falwell wasn't an active and willing volunteer participant in the Hitler Youth like your last pope was.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Jo7lJoQhtjw/TJQDtS1sMXI/AAAAAAAAPn8/bei31Iuimyw/s400/PopeHitlerYouth+wildraw.vox.com+hitler+youth.jpg

Bisonwinagn
October 6th, 2014, 10:07 PM
I love lumping science and gay rights in together. What would science say about homosexuality? One thing that is very scientific is that matter comes from matter. Which disproves, of course, the very existence of the word existence or anything else. Science has absolutely nothing better to explain the existence of anything than the bible. But the catholic church? Wow what a fraud. You claim the catholic church is superior in some social retard light. I claim it as an absolute fraud that spits in the face of Jesus Christ who it claims to worship. Jesus Christ died on the cross so you can go confess your sins to some.....well I wont go that far. The problem with Liberty and baptists(apart from their name which has no place in this dispensation,) is nothing except their understanding of the bible and their preaching of a doctrine. Much of which focuses on nonsense like homosexuality ect. which is wrong but no worse than any other sin, that is of course close but no cigar which is good in horse shoes and hand grenades in terms of salvation. Their failure to rightly divide the word of truth has led them to a place of such contradiction even in the most pivotal area of salvation.

We affirm that each person can be saved only through the work of Jesus Christ, through repentance of sin and by faith alone in Him as Savior. The believer is declared righteous, born again by the Holy Spirit, turned from sin, and assured of heaven.

The misuse of the term "born again" is a remedial mistake however it is not outrageous. The phrase "through repentance of sin and by faith alone" however is the ridiculous part. The most obvious of contradictions even a 2nd grader could see. Is it through repentance of sin or by faith alone? It cant be both you baptist airheads.

Dude you are reading this wrong..it is a singular phrase meaning these two things alone and nothing else. It's not saying faith alone as you are reading.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 10:10 PM
I had Faith, twice in one night my JR year of college. She had nothing against gays like Liberty and the Citadel does.................

citdog
October 6th, 2014, 10:12 PM
I had Faith, twice in one night my JR year of college. She had nothing against gays like Liberty and the Citadel does.................

Who dislikes gays? There is now one of those friends of schmeckle nuzzlers, Hillarys, and Hillarys with schmeckles chapters on campus.

Sader87
October 6th, 2014, 10:15 PM
The Pope now is a Jesuit......at long last.

He was drinking with us at Freshmen Field a couple weeks ago before the Fordham game....good guy/hot ****.

Bisonwinagn
October 6th, 2014, 10:16 PM

How is that different than most colleges today?

Sycamore62
October 6th, 2014, 10:17 PM
What is Liberty's policy on homosexuality if both girls are hot?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2014, 10:22 PM
http://whitehouse.georgewbush.org/ask/images/falwell-campari.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Who dislikes gays? There is now one of those friends of schmeckle nuzzlers, Hillarys, and Hillarys with schmeckles chapters on campus.

Cadets............at least you "act" like you do.

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 10:46 PM
This site is "Any Given Saturday"... this talk is reserved for Sunday (unless you are Jewish).

NDSUSR
October 6th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Aside from the fact that there is no observable evidence and just blind faith??
The scientific method does not seek to prove anything. It only disproves. Did you learn anything at Lehigh?

Pard4Life
October 6th, 2014, 11:03 PM
The scientific method does not seek to prove anything. It only disproves. Did you learn anything at Lehigh?

Um, you might want to check on that...

chattownmocs
October 7th, 2014, 12:29 AM
Dude you are reading this wrong..it is a singular phrase meaning these two things alone and nothing else. It's not saying faith alone as you are reading.

Yes it is. Thats exactly what it is saying and exactly what is taught by baptist institutions. This idea that faith in the sacrifice in jesus christ alone is what saves. But oh yeah, you have to repent and be born again and probably be baptised too.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I'm still trying to figure out from what I need to be saved.

BEAR
October 7th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I'm just trying to figure out how this turned from a celebration of a great college football game and atmosphere to a HATE thread.

I also don't get why the stakes in the ground can only be 1' long max. Water lines?

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Far be it for the relative newbie to make suggestions, but I believe (see what I did there!) the time has come for the locking of this thread.

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I'm just trying to figure out how this turned from a celebration of a great college football game and atmosphere to a HATE thread.

I also don't get why the stakes in the ground can only be 1' long max. Water lines?

Because this is a political forum, thats why

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Far be it for the relative newbie to make suggestions, but I believe (see what I did there!) the time has come for the locking of this thread.

Threads rarely get locked around here. Moved usually.

Don't care, this one has been fun!

BEAR
October 7th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Because this is a political forum, thats why

That's why the stakes can only be 1' long?

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 7th, 2014, 11:07 AM

Jesus cringes at anything longer.............................

jmufan999
October 7th, 2014, 11:17 AM
yeah it's probably the best GAME atmosphere i've witnessed at the FCS level. just a high level of participation and enthusiasm, it's really impressive.

having said that, the fact that tailgating (well, alcohol consumption) is prohibited really works in their favor. the students are in the stands well before the game starts and they stay the whole time. wish we had that. of course, i love tailgating. but i'm in my seat for pre-game, just wish everyone else did the same.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Jesus cringes at anything longer.............................

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/151/6/8/i_see_what_you_did_there_by_bdog375-d51sz7w.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 12:02 PM
You better stick with creationism because you fundamentally misunderstand evolutionary science.

I'd wager that I understand evolutionary science as well as most on this board, give or take. But creationism (in its variety of iterations) is much more interesting and makes for livelier water-cooler conversation. Except for the parts about consanguineous mating down in citdog's neck of the woods, and that's only when the boss isn't around. Because I think he might be one of them.

Would we even be having this conversation if it were limited to Hardy-Weinberg equilibria and resulting genotypes? Phyletic gradualism: Fact, or merely a . . . "theory?" What say you?

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 12:18 PM
yeah it's probably the best GAME atmosphere i've witnessed at the FCS level. just a high level of participation and enthusiasm, it's really impressive.

having said that, the fact that tailgating (well, alcohol consumption) is prohibited really works in their favor. the students are in the stands well before the game starts and they stay the whole time. wish we had that. of course, i love tailgating. but i'm in my seat for pre-game, just wish everyone else did the same.

So Prohibition does work!

The point of attending CFB is to watch CFB. I never understood the "fans" who bought a ticket and waited until halftime to make an appearance because they couldn't leave their good "buds".

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 12:21 PM
I'd wager that I understand evolutionary science as well as most on this board, give or take. But creationism (in its variety of iterations) is much more interesting and makes for livelier water-cooler conversation. Except for the parts about consanguineous mating down in citdog's neck of the woods, and that's only when the boss isn't around. Because I think he might be one of them.

Would we even be having this conversation if it were limited to Hardy-Weinberg equilibria and resulting genotypes? Phyletic gradualism: Fact, or merely a . . . "theory?" What say you?

My family tree has branches. I'd wager most of us come from much better stock than you yankee scum who descend from the sewers of Europe.

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 12:26 PM
My family tree has branches. I'd wager most of us come from much better stock than you yankee scum who descend from the sewers of Europe.

Just not very long branches. xlolx

My family is predominately English/Scottish on my mother's side. We laughed at the silly Euros on the Continent.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 12:32 PM

My ancestors were Vikings, and not the loser ones in Purple.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM
No drinking at all?....really?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 12:37 PM
No drinking at all?....really?

I know, right? They should get drunk and laid once in a while. They'd be less uptight.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 12:52 PM
much better stock

I see we have an authentic eugenist in out midst. What shall we do with the "lesser stock?" What shall we do?

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I see we have an authentic eugenist in out midst. What shall we do with the "lesser stock?" What shall we do?

Perhaps take your ellis island trash back from whence you came?

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:01 PM
descend from the sewers

Not sure about your neighborhood, but we Yanks typically keep our sewers below ground. And indoor plumbing.

Guys haven't figured that one out yet, have you? Tsk. Shame. Odors and all . . .

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:04 PM
back from whence you came?

It's "back whence you came" not "back from whence you came." The "from" is superfluous. King's English not your strong suit, eh, citdog?

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 01:05 PM
It's "back whence you came" not "back from whence you came." The "from" is superfluous. King's English not your strong suit, eh, citdog?

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=980838&d=1401984775

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 01:06 PM
http://static.squarespace.com/static/5183c058e4b065e39b3de2ee/t/542c70e3e4b0ebc3b338b4fc/1412198635373/

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Not sure about your neighborhood, but we Yanks typically keep our sewers below ground. And indoor plumbing.

Guys haven't figured that one out yet, have you? Tsk. Shame. Odors and all . . .

We have people who clean up after the mules who carry you yankees around to look at my city you did your best to destroy. We charge you to even gaze upon fair Charleston. Mule piss in Charleston smells far better than human piss in NYC....

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:18 PM
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=980838&d=1401984775

Don't arrive to a battle of wits unarmed, citdog. I could do this all day.

When you're playing the faux-intellect-by-transference game, one "whence" does not equal a mistyped their/there/they're, a haphazardly misapplied possessive or a bag of errant commas spilled across the page. No - your "whence" was put out there so that others might presuppose of you a certain rank of education and intellect.

Sader87
October 7th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Is Charleston in West Virginia?

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Mule piss in Charleston smells far better than human piss in NYC....

And lemme guess . . . your S**t doesn't stink either, right citdog?

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Don't arrive to a battle of wits unarmed, citdog. I could do this all day.

When you're playing the faux-intellect-by-transference game, one "whence" does not equal a mistyped their/there/they're, a haphazardly misapplied possessive or a bag of errant commas spilled across the page. No - your "whence" was put out there so that others might presuppose of you a certain rank of education and intellect.

Ha! My people were the princes of the earth whilst, see what I did there, yours were living in caves and hunting wild pigs.

- - - Updated - - -

And lemme guess . . . your S**t doesn't stink either, right citdog?

Smells like moonlight and magnolias.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Is Charleston in West Virginia?

Sader87, I believe "Charleston" is a variant of a traditional African-American tap-dance style popularized in the 1920's Broadway play, "Runnin' Wild."

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 01:30 PM
My people were the princes of the earth

Wow. Gimme a minute while I dig out my copy of The Protocols and cross-check that reference, citdog.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 7th, 2014, 01:34 PM
I know, right? They should get drunk and laid once in a while. They'd be less uptight.

There's no booze...there's no broads...there's no action!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQM9JSux3Ew

knucklehead
October 7th, 2014, 02:10 PM
I'd like to thank the 2 or 3 folks with the kind comments on LU and the atmosphere. The rest of you need tolerance training. Haha I love how we as a society seem to tolerate so much but no not weird Christians who may choose not to drink. Oh no.

Sader87
October 7th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Once again the South is put down as Citdog is bested by Bogey here. That's how I see it anyway.......xsmileyclapx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I'd like to thank the 2 or 3 folks with the kind comments on LU and the atmosphere. The rest of you need tolerance training. Haha I love how we as a society seem to tolerate so much but no not weird Christians who may choose not to drink. Oh no.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/01ccd162f59ea3bc6c93c72f29112e67/tumblr_n66tgm2JiH1s9laueo1_500.gif

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Once again the South is put down as Citdog is bested by Bogey here. That's how I see it anyway.......xsmileyclapx

Says the fella that thinks you yankees whipped us.

yankee dead polluting Southern Soil with their vile bones 450,000

Confederate Dead slumbering the sleep of the angels in the soil of their Country and faroff in the lands of the invader

So I guess one of ours was REALLY worth SEVERAL of you and your hessians

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Wow. Gimme a minute while I dig out my copy of The Protocols and cross-check that reference, citdog.

You Anti-Semitic ****!

http://cdn.frontpagemag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/history_wing_assets_room1_elders_of_zion_protocols-1.gif

nicely done!

Sycamore62
October 7th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Says the fella that thinks you yankees whipped us.

yankee dead polluting Southern Soil with their vile bones 450,000

Confederate Dead slumbering the sleep of the angels in the soil of their Country and faroff in the lands of the invader

So I guess one of ours was REALLY worth SEVERAL of you and your hessians

The losers always argue with stats, not the scoreboard

we're 1-0 lifetime

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 02:57 PM
The losers always argue with stats, not the scoreboard

we're 1-0 lifetime

We're only restin' for a bit..........

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Tiocfaidh ár lá

Leanann do ghramadach a bheith bocht.

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Leanann do ghramadach a bheith bocht.

Is é mo gramadach impeccable tú asal

Is e mo gramadach impeccable tu asal

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Is é mo gramadach impeccable tú asal.

Sagart amháin, rabbi amháin, agus Imam amháin a bhí ina suí i dteach tábhairne . . . .

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Sagart amháin, rabbi amháin, agus Imam amháin a bhí ina suí i dteach tábhairne . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG4nsMa5BKs

PAllen
October 7th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Smells like moonlight and magnolias.

Well, it does come from a certain type of moon, but I don't think that's what that phrase is supposed to mean.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Well, it does come from a certain type of moon, but I don't think that's what that phrase is supposed to mean.

citdog's former cadet mates tell me he really does have a nice flower up in there, though . . . xshhhx

Hammerhead
October 7th, 2014, 04:03 PM
I have issues with universities who receive federal funding that has an academic center who's mission is to "research, promote, and communicate a robust young-Earth creationist view of Earth history."
http://www.liberty.edu/academics/arts-sciences/creation/

If you have issues with it, dont go to school there.

xcoffeex

citdog
October 7th, 2014, 04:03 PM
citdog's former cadet mates tell me he really does have a nice flower up in there, though . . . xshhhx

That flower is only for dback Bogey. Don't go getting your hopes up......

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I have issues with universities who receive federal funding that has an academic center who's mission is to "research, promote, and communicate a robust young-Earth creationist view of Earth history."
http://www.liberty.edu/academics/arts-sciences/creation/

I have problems with many state schools teaching on various subjects outside of science and they receive massive federal feuding.

Bogus Megapardus
October 7th, 2014, 05:58 PM
I have problems with many state schools teaching on various subjects outside of science and they receive massive federal feuding.

Every major institute of higher education in this country has included Theology in its curriculum since the very first students were enrolled at the College of William & Mary in 1693. You're saying that they now must stop?

KnightoftheRedFlash
October 7th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Every major institute of higher education in this country has included Theology in its curriculum since the very first students were enrolled at the College of William & Mary in 1693. You're saying that they now must stop?

I wasn't referring to theology and for my personal preference, it does depend on what kind of theology the schools are teaching. But college do not base their curriculum on my values and I won't demand/force them to. Otherwise, America would be conservative and Herman Cain, the president! Plus, everyone would be Christian. Also, every college would field a football team.

Bisonwinagn
October 7th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I wasn't referring to theology and for my personal preference, it does depend on what kind of theology the schools are teaching. But college do not base their curriculum on my values and I won't demand/force them to. Otherwise, America would be conservative and Herman Cain, the president! Plus, everyone would be Christian. Also, every college would field a football team.

First of all Gov't run education is unconstitutional, but let's not turn this into a political discussion. And yes Cain would be a great president!!!

BlueHenSinfonian
October 7th, 2014, 11:59 PM

I have no issues with schools teaching religion, just don't teach religion as science.

knucklehead
October 12th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Liberty does not do that.