PDA

View Full Version : Tailgating in Delaware

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Attention UD AGS'ers: There's a good chance that I will be coming to Delaware for Saturday's game (continuing my A-10 road trip month). How is the tailgating? Any AGS'ers tailgate?

I was very impressed by the UD fan loyalty in Harrisonburg, and I was already planning a trip to Delaware for some I-AA football.

SunCoastBlueHen
November 6th, 2006, 09:20 AM
Attention UD AGS'ers: There's a good chance that I will be coming to Delaware for Saturday's game (continuing my A-10 road trip month). How is the tailgating? Any AGS'ers tailgate?

I was very impressed by the UD fan loyalty in Harrisonburg, and I was already planning a trip to Delaware for some I-AA football.

Like most schools, the majority of Hens fans are very hospitable - I'm sure you will get at least few offers for tailgating.

As far as fan loyalty goes - Delaware fans are very passionate, but sometimes that passion is expressed negatively when things aren't going so well. Expect to hear a lot of BOOOOOOOOS and off color comments regarding this year's team. After all, Newark is only about 30 miles south of Philly. :)

DB_Atlantic10
November 6th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Not a UD fan, but I give them great props for their tailgating... They really do have the greatest fans on game day.....too bad their's no luv between them and the Dukes on the field....but the fans are great and are always willing to share..... Have fun, they are still the A-10 flagship...

89Hen
November 6th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Wish I were going. Been a tough year schedule-wise for me. Maybe catch you in two weeks for the Nova game.

YoUDeeMan
November 6th, 2006, 12:48 PM
I won't be at this week's game, but I probably will make it to the Nova game.

Delaware Ghostrider II
November 6th, 2006, 03:18 PM
:thumbsup: Well I plan on going if I can kick this headcold I got.....been hackin my head off for 2 weeks now! If I am there I usually am parked in the small lot just past the Field House....on the right really cant miss it..because across the street is a HUGE parking lot...oops my fault car factory, wont let us park in there...lol. Wife, son and daughter will be with me look for Maroon Chevy Tahoe with Big UD flag waving...cant miss me normally. If ya see us...stop on by....will have brats,burgers and dogs...also included....Cold Bud and Coors light. Yes I will cater to all always have always will.....:thumbsup: lol...if needed I will make a sign for the top of the truck sayin...AGS FANS/DELAWARE GHOSTRIDER LIVES HERE!!!!
lol

BillLuc1982
November 9th, 2006, 02:58 PM
I will try and make it! Brats are excellent! Thanks Ghostrider.

(this all depends on whether I have to work Saturday morning)

Daved
November 9th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I will try and make it! Brats are excellent! Thanks Ghostrider.

(this all depends on whether I have to work Saturday morning)If you go to see them play 'Nova you may see Angelo Babbaro from Canfield return kickoffs.

YoUDeeMan
November 9th, 2006, 07:46 PM
:thumbsup: Well I plan on going if I can kick this headcold I got.....been hackin my head off for 2 weeks now! If I am there I usually am parked in the small lot just past the Field House....on the right really cant miss it..because across the street is a HUGE parking lot...oops my fault car factory, wont let us park in there...lol. Wife, son and daughter will be with me look for Maroon Chevy Tahoe with Big UD flag waving...cant miss me normally. If ya see us...stop on by....will have brats,burgers and dogs...also included....Cold Bud and Coors light. Yes I will cater to all always have always will.....:thumbsup: lol...if needed I will make a sign for the top of the truck sayin...AGS FANS/DELAWARE GHOSTRIDER LIVES HERE!!!!
lol

Small world, Ghostrider. I've been close to your tailgate several times before - hell, I've probably swapped a few stories with you folks. I usually tailgate once or twice per year with about 20-25 people on the strip of grass at the end of the ice rink (on the Towsend building side) across from the factory. Haven't made it this year and made it only once last year (new child) but If I make the Nova game I'll say hello to your group and officially introduce myself.

BillLuc1982
November 10th, 2006, 08:06 AM
If you go to see them play 'Nova you may see Angelo Babbaro from Canfield return kickoffs.

It's a tough decision. I am planning to make either game, but I may decide to go to the game against Villanova instead of the one against W&M. Get to tailgate in Delaware and watch a Mahoning Valley native play.

I'd have to head back quickly after the game to catch the second half of the OSU-Michigan game.

Right now it's a 50/50 shot. I will go to one of the two games. I just need a Saturday to clean my brewing equipment :)

HensRock
November 10th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I will definitely be at the Nova game. Might be at W&M.

89Hen
November 10th, 2006, 09:34 AM
my brewing equipment :)
:eyebrow: Things just got more interesting. :smiley_wi

BillLuc1982
November 11th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Off to Newark now! Good luck Blue Hens!