PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION??.....BRAWK?

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2014, 10:37 PM
19787.....DURIN' SACRED HEART/DELAWARE GAME.....SH...USED TWO NUMBER 12'S.....QUARTERBACK...RJ NOEL....AN' PUNTER...JAMIE ROSS.....LEGALxconfusedx

ALSO NOTICED TWO NUMBER 8'S....ONE THE FORMER RUNNIN' BACK FROM ...NEWARK HIGH.....AN' SOMEONE ELSE...AH CAN BELIEVE 8A/8B ON UH ROSTER.....BUT TA HAVE UH PAIR O' 8'S... ON TRAVELLIN' SQWADxconfusedx

superman7515
October 4th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Yeah, as long as they aren't on the field at the same time, it's legal. Odd to see that on the traveling squad, as you said, but legal.

BisonFan02
October 4th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Legal....NDSU used to run out two #1s back in 2003. Some Montana fans might remember that. :D

PAllen
October 4th, 2014, 11:33 PM
Yeah, as long as they aren't on the field at the same time, it's legal. Odd to see that on the traveling squad, as you said, but legal.

This.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Were the boo-birds crowing at the end of yesterday's nightmare in Newark, Mr. Chicken?

Tribe4SF
October 5th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Were the boo-birds crowing at the end of yesterday's nightmare in Newark, Mr. Chicken?

Go to GoHens board and you can witness it.

superman7515
October 5th, 2014, 07:24 AM

Unfortunately... No.

It's actually gotten to the point in Newark where people have quit booing and getting mad and are now just apathetic and will literally just shake their heads and laugh at the team. Announced attendance was 14,894 (http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400558039) but that's based on tickets sold, actual butts in the seats was probably 10k or a little less. After the field goal by Sacred Heart in the 4th quarter, I'd say it went down to about 7k-8k in the seats easily. It very well could have been fewer than that remaining, but I'm trying to not overstate the number that walked out, it was certainly a significant number of people who got up and walked out though even though we were only down a field goal.

Ivytalk
October 5th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Brutal. When apathy exceeds anger, that's the death knell for a head coach, if not a program.

CHIP72
October 5th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Brutal. When apathy exceeds anger, that's the death knell for a head coach, if not a program.

Delaware sure could use the (original) Phillie Phanatic's dad right about now.

superman7515
October 5th, 2014, 07:55 AM

In his defense, he only has one recruiting class in this program, so only the freshmen were really brought in for his system. Now, that doesn't mean it's going to work, the jury is still out on that. Just means that it might very well be 2016, when he has 3 classes in, before we see what his team is actually about. There are quite a few that probably aren't willing to wait that long. No graduating class in Delaware history has gone through without making the playoffs, so I feel bad for the seniors, but fully expect the same next year as the quarterback position is very shaky for the future. It's just frustrating, really. No one likes to see their team lose, and this fanbase is full of Philly fans; no one hates their own team more than Philly fans, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Delaware sure could use the (original) Phillie Phanatic's dad right about now.

I sit right behind Dallas Green at the home games, so at least I can talk baseball for the rest of the season, haha.

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Supe, I'll send you a true story that happened back in 1980..... tap Dallas on the shoulder and ask him if he remembers.... haha, I've often wondered about it.

Engineer86
October 5th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Supe, I'll send you a true story that happened back in 1980..... tap Dallas on the shoulder and ask him if he remembers.... haha, I've often wondered about it.

Dallas was a fraternity brother with dad. BTW was the true story in 1980 the fact that Dallas was able to manager the Phillies to win a World Series? xlolx

caribbeanhen
October 5th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Dallas was a fraternity brother with dad. BTW was the true story in 1980 the fact that Dallas was able to manager the Phillies to win a World Series? xlolx

my face to face came with him just a few months after the Phils beat the KC Royals