PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Kicker Hits 60 yd FG to Send Game to OT

UNH Fanboi
October 4th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Didn't any body else see that? Richmond kicks a FG to go up by 3 and leaves eight seconds on the clock. After the kickoff, Liberty throws a short pass and gets to the Richmond 43 with two seconds left. Kicker nails the FG to send the game to OT and the crowd goes wild. Game still going on.

MR. CHICKEN
October 4th, 2014, 09:57 PM
19784..............GOD..........IS GOOD......xnodxxnodx..........BRAWK!

knucklehead
October 4th, 2014, 11:15 PM
He's got an unreal leg. No win though. ugh

knucklehead
October 4th, 2014, 11:39 PM
the Kick was #4 on Sportscenter top 10.

Go...gate
October 4th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Great kick!

bjtheflamesfan
October 5th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I was trying to get to my car when the kick went in...boy I would love to hear the TV and radio calls for that one

knucklehead
October 5th, 2014, 08:31 AM
What???? You left????

bjtheflamesfan
October 5th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah...in retrospect i wish I had stayed for that epic finish to regulation but my back was really hurting and I was parked on the back 40 behind Green Hall so I made my way there with about 2 minutes to go so I could get back to my room.

Libertine
October 5th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah...in retrospect i wish I had stayed for that epic finish to regulation but my back was really hurting and I was parked on the back 40 behind Green Hall so I made my way there with about 2 minutes to go so I could get back to my room.
You are so old.

UNH72Plus
October 5th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I was watching the game and was amazed by not only the length of the kick, but pressure he was under when he did it. The announcers said he had previously kicked one of 57 yards in another game, what a weapon ! The wide receiver who caught the pass on the previous play should get some kudos as well. He snagged a long pass and had the presence of mind to hit the turf before the time ran out, setting up the opportunity, and he stretched out to get every possible inch on the play. This was particularly important because the kick just cleared the crossbar, hitting the upright less than foot beyond the crossbar.

Congratulations to Richmond for keeping their heads in the game long enough to win in OT.

knucklehead
October 5th, 2014, 07:09 PM
The receiver, Gabe Henderson is a former QB and is a senior. He's very smart and I agree a great play. Lunsford was quoted in the paper today saying he recently hit a 72 in practice.

bjtheflamesfan
October 5th, 2014, 07:13 PM
You are so old.

Do you see me disagreeing with you on that? LOL

knucklehead
October 5th, 2014, 07:30 PM
You can see the kick in the highlights here; http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10869&NewsID=13296&TeamID=9

IndyTreeFan
October 5th, 2014, 08:01 PM
Wow, that kid's got a serious boot! Is he a freshman?

knucklehead
October 5th, 2014, 08:08 PM
He's a Junior. 6th longest in FCS history.

IndyTreeFan
October 5th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Your punter was a freshman, then, right? I was impressed with him when you guys played Indiana State.

Your special teams are really good...

bjtheflamesfan
October 5th, 2014, 08:38 PM
the kickers are solid...the returners...need work. We get a few decent returns but some of the decision making and ball control are major flaws

knucklehead
October 5th, 2014, 09:18 PM
The punter is a freshman, Yes