PDA

View Full Version : NAU

Green Cookie Monster
June 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM
The entire offensive coaching staff at NAU has apparently left, or been shown the door. What is up in Flag? This late in the season, what gives?

NAU: Four full time positions have posted at Northern Arizona
University. Information and access are listed below:* QB/Off Coor * OL/Center-Guard * OT/TE * WR. Apply online: http://hr.nau.edu/ Fax resumes to (928)523-6035; Questions: (928)523-6549

I found these recent job listings on a coaching board. No mention of anything from their website or local paper.

VictorG
June 23rd, 2005, 03:26 PM
WOW! That can't be good! :confused:

GrizzlyEdd
June 23rd, 2005, 03:50 PM
Sounds like ex-Griz Defensive Coordinator and NAU Head Coach Jerome Sowers is either getting pressure from above or he has had enough with being a so-so BSC team. Seems like they have all the potential year in and year out but they never live up to that potential.... I wish Jerome and crew good luck and hope things work out for NAU. Can only strengthen the BSC.;)

Green Cookie Monster
June 23rd, 2005, 03:53 PM
Sounds like ex-Griz Defensive Coordinator and NAU Head Coach Jerome Sowers is either getting pressure from above or he has had enough with being a so-so BSC team. Seems like they have all the potential year in and year out but they never live up to that potential.... I wish Jerome and crew good luck and hope things work out for NAU. Can only strengthen the BSC.;)

Ok, replace your marginal staff in Jan. not 65 days before the season. It'll be good for the Hornets as the Jacks are our HC game.

GrizzlyEdd
June 23rd, 2005, 04:01 PM
Good luck with your HC game with the Jacks.... By the way, I am relieved that the Griz play you in Sac this year. The Hornets play the Griz way too tough here in Missoula...:rolleyes:

dbackjon
June 23rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
Not being in Arizona, I miss somethings, but I did find this - apparently, the job has to be posted, even though they have hired "temporary" coaches.

NAU football team adds new coaches to staff

By Thomas Keating
April 14, 2005

The football program is always in a state of flux as players graduate and new recruits fall in. But over the past two months, a different group has changed: the offensive coaching staff.

"We had changes that occurred in the middle of February and the end of February that put a lot of pressure on us as a staff to get on the same page," said head coach Jerome Souers. "So we have some temporary help

Souers hired J.D. Sollars as the temporary offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. He also named Derek Frazier and Frank Pollack co-temporary offensive line coaches, according to a March 24 press release.

http://www.lumberjackonline.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/14/426173a83c86c?in_archive=1

Green Cookie Monster
June 23rd, 2005, 10:34 PM
I empathize with the Jacks, we have had a few coaches over the years ourselves.

Methinks we are somewhat stable at this point, though unproven, with Skipper as DC, Criner as QBC, the HC's son playing WR and an ex-Hammerhead running the Oline.

Good luck to both the Hornets and Jacks. Looks like EWU, UM and PSU will be tough this year.

Sure hope it doesn't rain during the Griz game again, geez, what a nightmare.

Pantherpower
June 23rd, 2005, 10:47 PM
Is that the same Criner who used to be the head coach at Iowa State???

polsongrizz
June 23rd, 2005, 11:43 PM
Ok, replace your marginal staff in Jan. not 65 days before the season. It'll be good for the Hornets as the Jacks are our HC game.
You still get your ass kicked either way... :D ;)

Green Cookie Monster
June 24th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Is that the same Criner who used to be the head coach at Iowa State???

Not sure about that one. His family of coaches was part of the Boise State rise to prominence.

Green Cookie Monster
June 24th, 2005, 08:33 AM
You still get your ass kicked either way... :D ;)

Since '98 Sac is 3-3 against Souers and the Jacks. It's been pretty even during that span.

I give the home field advantage and the recent coaching turnover at NAU as the winning advantage for the Hornets this year in Sac.

sacRat
June 24th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Green Cookie Monster - check your private messages.

nevadagriz
June 24th, 2005, 07:15 PM
I will be at the Griz v. hornet game if I-80 is open (snow). I luckily missed the monsoon game two years ago. I would like to meet you sacrat and gcm.

Green Cookie Monster
June 24th, 2005, 11:35 PM
I luckily missed the monsoon game two years ago. I would like to meet you sacrat and gcm.

Yes, that monsoon really helped attendance. :rolleyes:

You in the Reno area? Mackay is a great venue too. View from the top deck after a snow is awesome. Cold as @#*^, but awesome.

View from the media deck at Sac State is pretty good too.

touchdown
June 28th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Uncle is Jim the old HC at Boise state and Iowa state
Dad is associate AD at Boise state.
Football family and a good coordinator

putter
June 28th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Jerome has to be getting pressure. He has had some good talent on that team and to have no BSC championships boosters have to be getting ansy for a ring