PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at Fordham Game Thread

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 05:47 PM
This game is live on CBS Sports Network TV.

It's the "Cougars" vs. the Rams.

Please... kick their butts Pards.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 05:49 PM
Pards are committing penalties despite stopping Rams on the first set.

And now a huge sack by Dorner!

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2014, 05:50 PM
any stream?

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Third and 14 on the F 35... timeout Rams... play clock.

- - - Updated - - -

any stream?

Audio only. You need a TV. And be lucky to have the sports package.

http://new.livestream.com/lafayette/lafayettefootball

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 05:52 PM
any stream?

On CBS Sports Network. I'l PM you a stream that I can confirm is working.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 05:53 PM
YES big sack by Pards!!! Full on blitz ala the Reed treatment.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 05:53 PM
Game thread on Lafayette Board:

http://lafayettesports.myfreeforum.org/about2988.html

Game thread on Fordham Board:

http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,8310.0.html

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Our DL is legit this year. Good start for Pards but I feel very confident right now

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 05:58 PM
Good call by Fordham and CBS to put the cameras on the "other" side of the field.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:00 PM
The "Cougars" quarterback is Blake "Searford."

- - - Updated - - -

Our DL is legit this year. Good start for Pards but I feel very confident right now

Yeah, DL just stopped our drive at midfield... good play on that side of the field.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 06:00 PM
The "Cougars" quarterback is Blake "Searford."

For "Law-foy-ette" you mean? xrolleyesx

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Schuerman (sp?), very good btw. All league

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM
YES! Personal foul keeps drive alive... roughing passer... so we are across the 50.

- - - Updated - - -

Schuerman (sp?), very good btw. All league

Scheuerman.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 06:02 PM
Good call by Fordham and CBS to put the cameras on the "other" side of the field.
Agreed. Makes a big difference

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Pards attempt flee-flicker, but Searford runs for 7.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Hmm, timeout on third and 3. No back set. Coach probably saw the all out blitz coming. Good call.

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2014, 06:05 PM
I must be real slow...why is Reed out?

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:07 PM
Going for it!!!

YES!!! Down to the 13!

15 yard pass inflat!

- - - Updated - - -

I must be real slow...why is Reed out?

Shoulder last week... questionable this week so it doesn't seem bad

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:09 PM
Didn't like that series... why are we flushing to the short side?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, we'll take it.... but we need TDs to beat these guys.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 06:12 PM
YES! Personal foul keeps drive alive... roughing passer... so we are across the 50.

Scheuerman.

Just call him The Scheuermanator.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:13 PM
More good KO coverage.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:15 PM
That flag was BS!!

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 06:15 PM
Awful call on your DB. I hate that

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM
Awesome... Ajala makes a play... then TD.

Oh wait wait! He kneeled and pointed to the sky in celebration!! FLAG FLAG!!

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:18 PM
Four plays.... well we stuffed them on the first two and then fell apart on the last two... metnal toughness???

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 06:24 PM
Four plays.... well we stuffed them on the first two and then fell apart on the last two... metnal toughness???

Pards are going to need it for all 4 quarters.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
COME ON!!! ENOUGH WITH THE BS GUYS!!

WAKE THE F UP!!!

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Damn, great play from Schuerman brought back. Killer

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:32 PM
We have 8 penalties. Some of these are mickey Mouse calls, per c2.

The pass interference call is still unexplained by CBS.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:35 PM
We gave up three points, but it feels like we won something...

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 06:37 PM
I agree '94. Nice stop.

That said, I'm rarely optimistic, and mostly incredibly pessimistic. I don't think you can hang with us for four quarters today. Be drawn and quartered if so, but that's what I see so far

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 06:38 PM
Penalties, penalties, penalties.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:40 PM
Blake Serearfoss is doing good so far!

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 06:40 PM
That said, WITH Drew Reed, I'm not nearly as confident

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
Flag! Guess!

A) Hold on Lafayette
B) Hold on Lafayette
C) Hold on Lafayette

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 06:41 PM
Another penalty . . .

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:42 PM
That said, WITH Drew Reed, I'm not nearly as confident

Eh, Drew Reed last year vs. this year has been night and day.

Searfoss has looked identical to Reed.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:48 PM
Whats the NCAA Record for penalties in a game??

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 06:54 PM
Refs won't let us run our offense but Fordham is allowed to haul our DL down by the shirt.

The Eagle's Cliff
October 3rd, 2014, 06:59 PM
If you guys take a look on ESPN2, there's a high school football game between Norcross and N. Gwinnett with more people in attendance on a Friday night in North Georgia. NYC doesn't like football?

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 06:59 PM
This game is getting ugly.

And a real d!ck move by their coach.

This is absolutely unreal.

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2014, 07:00 PM
Fordham looking good. Was a heads up play by that kid to save onside kick.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:00 PM
If you guys take a look on ESPN2, there's a high school football game between Norcross and N. Gwinnett with more people in attendance on a Friday night in North Georgia. NYC doesn't like football?

Completely different. Different demographic. Different urban fabric. Please troll elsewhere. Thank you.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 07:02 PM
Fordham looking good. Was a heads up play by that kid to save onside kick.

Umm . . . he knew it was coming?

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 07:03 PM
Everyone enjoying CBS Sports' "It's All About About Fordham" Bowl?

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:03 PM
"Lafayette stopped themselves on penalties" ....uh, yeah... and the BS by the referees.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2014, 07:04 PM
I thought Lafayette would hang in a little better. Although, motivated talent looking for revenge is tough to deal with....

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2014, 07:04 PM
Umm . . . he knew it was coming?

I meant how he threw the ball back inbounds.

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
Nobody in the PL is beating FU this year....

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
Everyone enjoying CBS Sports' "It's All About About Fordham" Bowl?

Yeah, the Lafayette Cougars are not very interesting. It's not worth mentioning their end of season broadcast in Yankee Stadium with 48,000 people.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 07:09 PM
This game is getting ugly.

And a real d!ck move by their coach.

This is absolutely unreal.

What was the dick move?

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:10 PM
I thought Lafayette would hang in a little better. Although, motivated talent looking for revenge is tough to deal with....

And dealing with your own idiocy, BS penalties, and no calls does not help.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
What was the dick move?

Onsides kick when it's beyond clear we are dead in the water, with minimal offense and inability to stop your offense. They are on pace for 60. It was classless call.

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2014, 07:11 PM
31-3 Fordham just behalf....

Fordham might have having the most interesting profile this year in FCS score wise. Their game at Bucknell seems be their only potential stumbling block. Given the state of the PL this year I wonder how much respect a 11-1 Fordham team would get heading into the playoffs...

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 07:13 PM
P4L, simple really. Fordham is just that much better,regardless of refs. 60 vs 30 is the difference.

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2014, 07:14 PM
Onsides kick when it's beyond clear we are dead in the water, with minimal offense and inability to stop your offense. They are on pace for 60. It was classless call.

Man, enough with the crying... It was a 14 or game in the 2nd qtr against possibly your biggest test for league title. Well well within limits. You understand the concept of stepping on their throat and putting game away?

Lehigh'98
October 3rd, 2014, 07:16 PM
31-3 Fordham just behalf....

Fordham might have having the most interesting profile this year in FCS score wise. Their game at Bucknell seems be their only potential stumbling block. Given the state of the PL this year I wonder how much respect a 11-1 Fordham team would get heading into the playoffs...

Not much. All they will remember is the Nova game

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 3rd, 2014, 07:17 PM
P4L, simple really. Fordham is just that much better,regardless of refs. 60 vs 30 is the difference.

I don't think scholarships are the end all be all. Lafayette might very well be headed towards another losing season. The 'Pards were a question mark after an odd 5-7 season last year. They've played 3 teams with a pulse this year and have failed all three times. Fordham is motivated bunch after last years debacle cost them a perfect a season.

We'll see how Fordham does in the playoffs before I weigh the value of 60 scholarships. It didn't help them against Villanova....

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 07:17 PM

Dude, at 17-3 you're full of it and being a whiny pansy. At 31-3 or in the second half, I'm with you. Grow a pair!!

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:18 PM

Yes they are good but we were in this game, and certain calls did not help momentum. Fordham is good enough to capitalize quickly on mistakes and put you in a hole.

Tribal
October 3rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
Pard 4 Life, are you still blaming refs for everything? Geeze, the refs aren't out to get Lafayette. Fordham has nearly 400 yards of offense in the first half...THAT'S the issue here.

#RisingTribe

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
Pard 4 Life, are you still blaming refs for everything? Geeze, the refs aren't out to get Lafayette.

#RisingTribe

They're out to get us and they're taking bribes.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. xcoolx

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:22 PM
Dude, at 17-3 you're full of it and being a whiny pansy. At 31-3 or in the second half, I'm with you. Grow a pair!!

I'm not the one being test-y here. It's what I'd expect to see driving in NYC, more or less. Creative, but unnecessary. It was over.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2014, 07:23 PM
A LOT of empty seats at JCF. Where is everyone?

Pard4Life
Pard 4 Life, are you still blaming refs for everything? Geeze, the refs aren't out to get Lafayette. Fordham has nearly 400 yards of offense in the first half...THAT'S the issue here.

#RisingTribe

No, I am not blaming the refs for everything... they didn't help though!

Tribal
They're out to get us and they're taking bribes.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. xcoolx
I agree they're probably taking bribes but that wasn't my point. :D

#RisingTribe

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:24 PM
A LOT of empty seats at JCF. Where is everyone?

Would you want to fight rush-hour traffic on the GWB and CBE on a Friday and Jewish holiday?

The Eagle's Cliff
October 3rd, 2014, 07:25 PM
Completely different. Different demographic. Different urban fabric. Please troll elsewhere. Thank you.

Really just trying to understand. I wonder the same thing about Stonybrook, Lehigh, UNH, Rhode Island, Maine, Albany, etc. All those people and all that money, but they don't support the college athletics in their backyard. I guess it's a Northeast thing, but I don't get it.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 07:26 PM
Beautiful coverage by Ian Williams and they call a flag ("we couldn't see it on the replay", according to the announcer)

Jeezus, Pars94 would have been having a conniption in that if it was called on the Pards!

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:26 PM
I agree they're probably taking bribes but that wasn't my point. :D

#RisingTribe

Of course they are taking bribes... it's the Bronx...

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:30 PM
Really just trying to understand. I wonder the same thing about Stonybrook, Lehigh, UNH, Rhode Island, Maine, Albany, etc. All those people and all that money, but they don't support the college athletics in their backyard. I guess it's a Northeast thing, but I don't get it.

Yeah, it's somewhat complicated. I've noticed that outside of the NE, in more rural locations, you have more centralized communities with strong local identities. In the NE, everything is kind of one big suburb or city, or there is just simply "too much going on," and people don't really ascribe much to football. In the south and elsewhere, it's religion and everyone is raised with it... not so in the NE.

Plus, this is a bad game time. I'd have liked to go, but: Friday rush-hour in the Bronx, with the worst highway in America, on a Jewish holiday in a Jewish area... no thanks!

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 07:32 PM

They're all counting their $$$ from carpet-bagging the defeated South instead of going to college football games.....

Pard4Life
Beautiful coverage by Ian Williams and they call a flag ("we couldn't see it on the replay", according to the announcer)

Jeezus, Pars94 would have been having a conniption in that if it was called on the Pards!

xcoolx Come on Fordham, even I understand the concept of make-up call...

Bogus Megapardus

There's more DII, DIII and other small school college football in the northeast than you possible could imagine. Local alums support their own local schools PL schools do very well by comparison. Attendance usually is multiples of school enrollment - sometimes 4x or 5x. L-L#150 attendance actually will exceed the combined number of total living alums at both schools.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 07:43 PM
There are more football teams squeezed into the NE plus numerous pro teams. Local identity very different here than most everywhere else. Most of the NE is the suburb of one metropolis or another. Other than HS football , local support,other tham alumni is not a big factor. Perhaps a bigger issue is declining student attendance throughout college ball.

Tribal
October 3rd, 2014, 07:46 PM
"Lafayette is the least penalized team in the Patriot League." - CBS

#RisingTribe

Tribal
October 3rd, 2014, 07:49 PM
#90 for Fordham is in beast mode.

#RisingTribe

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah, Rich and Bogie, good points. Plus I get the feeling a lot people identify with college teams elsewhere even if they did not attend. Around here, it's more "your own school." And lets face it, all the living Lafayette alumni would fill 75% of Wrigley.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:52 PM
"Lafayette is the least penalized team in the Patriot League." - CBS

#RisingTribe

You mean the Lafayette Cougars?

Quarterbacked by Blake Searford. And by Blake Serearfoss. Or is it London Searfoss (swear I actually heard that after half)

I don't buy it. We are a joke with penalties. See the SHU game. I think vs. Wagner we only had three, Tribe we had a bunch

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:55 PM
I disagree with CBS analysis on Fordham's tempo. If we hit a wall or something "negative" happens, we break fast. Always happens to us, no matter the year. That's what happened here. But you have to be a good team to capitalize.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
10 penalties.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2014, 07:57 PM
Attendance usually is multiples of school enrollment - sometimes 4x or 5x.

If that were the case, Georgetown would be drawing 30,000 a game.

There's a different discussion out there about urban vs. rural attendance, but it comes down to walk-up business. No one walked up to the Bronx tonight.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=Pard4Life;2154020]I'm not the one being test-y here. It's what I'd expect to see driving in NYC, more or less. Creative, but unnecessary. It was over[\quote]

Onsides kick at 17-3 and you recover = ballsy

onsides kick and you don't = stupid

bitch about a team making a ballsy call = pansy

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=Pard4Life;2154020]I'm not the one being test-y here. It's what I'd expect to see driving in NYC, more or less. Creative, but unnecessary. It was over[\quote]

Onsides kick at 17-3 and you recover = ballsy

onsides kick and you don't = stupid

bitch about a team making a ballsy call = pansy

Did you not get that the game was over at 17-3? Drop it. Game over anyway.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 08:04 PM
Lafayette will beat HC imo

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Can't even catch a KO. And he's NOT a frosh! Awful at the little things Pards... just awful...

- - - Updated - - -

Lafayette will beat HC imo

Maybe, depends on how well we respond following our annual drubbing by Harvard. Seriously.

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Is Friday night just not a good time for Fordham? I know it was done for TV but it does seem a poor turn-out.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 08:08 PM
[QUOTE=Pard94;2154048]

Did you not get that the game was over at 17-3? Drop it. Game over anyway.
No, not at 17-3. Not at all. You're bitching the way someone would if up by 40 in the fourth quarter imo. Calling it classless when done up by 14 in the second quarter is worthy of ridicule imo.

btw, separately, both teams have been penalized for excessive celebration and both were absurd imo

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:11 PM
These announcers are really moronic. "First mistake by Searfoss." That INT is not on Searfoss. It was a nice ball. Also, they called the tackle at the F 10 Blake's first mistake.

It was anticipated the game would likely get like this, but the CBS guys a really making this unwatchable.

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 08:13 PM
Agree P4L,announcers are miserable.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 08:15 PM
These announcers are really moronic. "First mistake by Searfoss." That INT is not on Searfoss. It was a nice ball. Also, they called the tackle at the F 10 Blake's first mistake.

It was anticipated the game would likely get like this, but the CBS guys a really making this unwatchable.
I agree. Fletcher clearly watching the result of the play and then building his commentary around it

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Pard4Life;2154049]
No, not at 17-3. Not at all. You're bitching the way someone would if up by 40 in the fourth quarter imo. Calling it classless when done up by 14 in the second quarter is worthy of ridicule imo.

btw, separately, both teams have been penalized for excessive celebration and both were absurd imo

Well I am looking it from Lafayette POV. You go up by 14, yes, we are dead. With the way this was going, we were dead. Everyone else, up by 14 is nothing.

It was actually a bad move for you because the onside kick cost you field position. xlolx

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Nice return. I wush LU had blitz packages as good as Pards. Impressive.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:18 PM
"Block in the back... 10 yard penalty... correction: 15 yard pena...10-yard penalty... first down."

http://i34.tinypic.com/jt2a2x.gif

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:20 PM
Nice return. I wush LU had blitz packages as good as Pards. Impressive.

Was it?

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 08:21 PM
Now it's unraveling.

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 08:22 PM
Awful pass interference call

Pard4Life
Yep, that was another phantom PI call... not a penalty on Rams...

Sader87
I wish we had a TE.....xrotatehx

Doc QB
October 3rd, 2014, 08:25 PM
That interference call was a total gift. Awful call in the 'Cougars' favor

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:26 PM
Fordham and Lafayette is not a rivalry, CBS... however, Lafayette vs Lehigh, for the 150th meeting, IS!

(and so is Colgate-Holy Cross) ... for you Sader87

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:27 PM
Dangerous play for Nebrich there...

WHOA! What a blitz on third!

Really, FU 0-fer on third??

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2014, 08:29 PM
Fordham and Lafayette is not a rivalry, CBS... however, Lafayette vs Lehigh, for the 150th meeting, IS!

(and so is Colgate-Holy Cross) ... for you Sader87

Georgetown-Fordham is a rivalry, just not a competitive one. Georgetown's last victory in the Bronx was in 1974.

Lehigh'98
Mother momentum on Leopards side now.

Sader87
Lafayette is showing some moxie here.....not sure they can dig themselves out completely here but I like the way they are battlin'.

And yes, they will beat us in Easton....handily I fear.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Lafayette is showing some moxie here.....not sure they can dig themselves out completely here but I like the way they are battlin'.

No.

Maybe, depends on the Harvard game. Don't count out HC.. aside from last year, every LC HC game since 2006 has been weird.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 08:32 PM
Georgetown-Fordham is a rivalry, just not a competitive one. Georgetown's last victory in the Bronx was in 1974.

One day Georgetown will realize that Lafayette has become a rival. I might die trying, but it will happen. Oh yes, one day . . . :D

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 08:33 PM

Pards might be exhausted after this one, Sader87.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
Had DeSean there... and Scheuerman is out... deck really stacked now.

- - - Updated - - -

Pards might be exhausted after this one, Sader87.

Nah, we have an exhibition game to recover next week. Love that scheduling. :D

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
Nah, we have an exhibition game to recover next week. Love that scheduling. :D

FiOS! FiOS! FiOS! xtroublex

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
Chase Edmonds is going to be a special player in this league when his time is done

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 08:53 PM
Did Fordham put in new bleachers on the campus endzone side?

I also see a curtain on the street fence...

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
"Right here just outside NYC,in the Bronx. "Dear God this guy is a moron

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
To all the Fordham posters scoffing at the FU- HC crowd last week......I fart in your general direction. xdrunkyx

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
Chase Edmonds is going to be a special player in this league when his time is done
He already is.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 09:04 PM

xlolx Yeah; and he has not given the Lafayette Cougars and Blake Searford enough credit given their challenge tonight.

DFW HOYA
October 3rd, 2014, 09:04 PM

+1

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 09:05 PM
Why is Nebrich still playing?!

Fordham
October 3rd, 2014, 09:05 PM
To all the Fordham posters scoffing at the FU- HC crowd last week......I fart in your general direction. xdrunkyx
Ha!

Appreciate the private parts as well!

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 09:06 PM
Methinks that Fordham is getting us back for last year.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 09:06 PM
Ok, keeper by Nebrich,... an opportunistic frosh makes a hard hit and slams him the ground... separated throwing shoulder... uh, then what??

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 09:07 PM
Classy move taking a knee....you know Nebrich didn't want to lol/

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 09:09 PM
Barf. Didn't we collectively call this or what?

- - - Updated - - -

Classy move taking a knee....you know Nebrich didn't want to lol/

Yeah, FU has some sense. Coen or Lembo is not their coach.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 09:09 PM

http://atlanticbassmasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/fat_lady_sings.jpg

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 09:11 PM
Fordham is very Sr-laden.....this is their year to shine. Games against them going forward shouldn't be as lop-sided.

Pard4Life
October 3rd, 2014, 09:16 PM
Rams play Penn next week. I don't care how they beat us this week... Puck Fenn.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 09:19 PM

+1 +1 +1 +1 +1 +1 . . . .

Sader87
October 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
4,376 souls attended the game at JCF tonight according to NBC Sports online.

Admittedly a tough game to get to on a Friday night in NYC....but for all the Fordham blustah on how they are potentially "too big/good for the PL" ....numbahs like that say elsewise.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 09:38 PM

Admittedly a tough game to get to on a Friday night in NYC....but for all the Fordham blustah on how they are potentially "too big/good for the PL" ....numbahs like that say elsewise.

Pards might have tripled that at Fisher. It will be more than double when HC comes to Easton, trust me.

BTW Fordham enrollment is 15,170. Lafayette is 2,488. Holy Cross is 2,877. Just sayin' . . .

RichH2
October 3rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
A very apt post. God I hate them. Hope they do to Penn what Nova did to them.

CHIP72
October 3rd, 2014, 09:43 PM

Yeah, it's not like the Yankees (or Mets) were playing playoff games or something.

Speaking of baseball playoff games, I attended the Giants/Nationals playoff game (seeing the Nationals lose at home in person in the playoffs - that's Natitude) and then did some work at the office (located within walking distance of Nationals Park) after the game. Just from looking at the final score it looks like I was better off missing the game on TV.

Bill
October 3rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bogus PL schools do very well by comparison. Attendance usually is multiples of school enrollment - sometimes 4x or 5x. L-L#150 attendance actually will exceed the combined number of total living alums at both schools.[/QUOTE]

Bogie - are you sure about the living alumni stat? Will investigate , but we'll see

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 10:23 PM
Bogie - are you sure about the living alumni stat? Will investigate , but we'll see

I confess to my penchant for exaggeration. But it's close.

Bogus Megapardus
October 3rd, 2014, 11:34 PM
"Right here just outside NYC, in the Bronx." Dear God this guy is a moron.

Heh. Wait 'till L-L #150. They'll have us in New Jersey.

With maps showing the Lehigh Valley somewhere on Long Island.

Laker
October 4th, 2014, 07:04 AM
This morning on ESPN the announcers called the Lafayette-Fordham game "D2 football". xbawlingx

kdinva
October 4th, 2014, 07:23 AM
This morning on ESPN the announcers called the Lafayette-Fordham game "D2 football". xbawlingx

Kirk Herbstriet wrote that script. xcrazyxxpissedx

CHIP72
October 4th, 2014, 08:29 AM

He went to Michigan, right? ;) xawesomex

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 08:36 AM
The game was lost when Scheuerman's 70 yard play was called back on that penalty. You simply can't play that sloppy and expect to beat a team like Fordham.

Reminded me of the Lehigh/UNH game.

ngineer
October 4th, 2014, 08:50 AM
A very apt post. God I hate them. Hope they do to Penn what Nova did to them.

Considering the Nova score, it could be quite ugly.

Bogus Megapardus
October 4th, 2014, 09:07 AM

Were they right?

ngineer
October 4th, 2014, 09:11 AM

Ohio State, I think.

Pard4Life
October 4th, 2014, 09:29 AM
The game was lost when Scheuerman's 70 yard play was called back on that penalty. You simply can't play that sloppy and expect to beat a team like Fordham.

Reminded me of the Lehigh/UNH game.

From what I was told it was a bogus penalty.... a pick was set away from the play.

CHIP72
October 4th, 2014, 09:50 AM

Ohio State, I think.

Sarcasm ngineer, sarcasm.

FordhamFan
October 4th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Pards might have tripled that at Fisher. It will be more than double when HC comes to Easton, trust me.

BTW Fordham enrollment is 15,170. Lafayette is 2,488. Holy Cross is 2,877. Just sayin' . . .

Misleading stat....only about 8,000 are enrolled at Bronx campus...probably like 6,500 live there and don't commute. Terrible student support nonetheless, but it's not quite as bad as you're painting it out to be.

Fordhamanhattan
October 4th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Couple of comments on the game last night. Very good student footprint until 2nd half. They were loud and fun until they sensed it was over. Lower than normal Fordham alumni/fan footprint and Spotted fan footprint. (6:30 Friday start in NY on Yom Kippur). I drove from Manhattan starting at 4P.M. rolled through the gates of the stunning and historic Rose Hill campus at 5 P.M. so an hour for a 15 mile drive and I was pleased. Fordham defense with Brett Biestek(father an Amhearst player and uncle outstanding BC player), Ian Williams, safeties Jake Dixon and Levon Wms, the special Justin Yancey et al is to be reckoned with. The punter is top grade and so is Mr Marando with the kicking. Then there is the offensive weapons. My favorite is number 24, Brian Wetzel

Lehigh Football Nation
October 4th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Biestek was having his way with Lafayette's right tackle all game, IMO.

FordhamFan
October 4th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Whole DLine (Yancey/Slate in addition to Biestek) were running wild last night. Just a bunch of talent in that unit. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Fordham
October 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
agreed FordhamFan. Just wish Adeyeye wasn't lost for the season and I'm not sure what the status' are on Washington and Klecko but if any of those come back to give us depth, our DL will really be the strength of the D, which is a complete reversal from last year imo.

JimboCBA72
October 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
From what I was told it was a bogus penalty.... a pick was set away from the play.

Whoever told you it was bogus doesn't know what he is talking about. I have it on tape and your #17 picked our LB Pickney (#14) who was responsible for covering Schuermann coming out of backfield. Refs missed a lot on Friday but not this one