PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - 11/11

TexasTerror
November 5th, 2006, 06:25 AM
SLC Predictions

OOC - Texas State 44-14 TxSo

SHSU 3-1 @ 1-4 SELA
SHSU has had SELA's number since this series began when SELA brought back football. SHSU is riding high after beating SFA and I think many worry what it's like to come back down to earth. This is a long road trip and this SELA team has a featured back that could give the Kats problem just like Louie Runnels of SFA did last week. I still think the Kats are able to bounce back with a strong performance by DD Terry who regains his feet. SHSU 34-23 SELA

SFA 2-2 @ 2-2 NICH
The Jacks are still in the race as are the Colonels. This elimination game is going to have a lot riding on it especially if SHSU and McNeese were to fall. SFA showed they can stop the run against SHSU and Nicholls is coming off a Thursday game, so they'll be well rested heading into this one. I really can see the boys of Thibodaux winning this one over the Jacks especially with the nice layoff. Danny Southall is going to be a tough QB to stop, but the Colonels are capable. NICH 17-13 SFA

McN 3-1 @ 2-2 NWST
The Pokes played a very strong second half against SELA and know going into this game that a win would mean they'd be even closer to returning to the I-AA playoffs and a share of the SLC championship. The Demons are going to be a tough opponent and may be the only real roadblock left for the Pokes on their road to the SLC title. I will be pulling for the Demons, in order for the Kats to have a shot, but being a realist, I see McNeese winning a close one. McN 28-27 NWST

Terror's Track Record: 7-8
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2
SLC Week Three: 2-1
SLC Week Four: 0-3
SLC Week Five: 2-1

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Any more SLCers interested in contributing? :)

GeauxLions94
November 6th, 2006, 02:48 PM
SLC Predictions

SHSU 3-1 @ 1-4 SELA
SHSU has had SELA's number since this series began when SELA brought back football. SHSU is riding high after beating SFA and I think many worry what it's like to come back down to earth. This is a long road trip and this SELA team has a featured back that could give the Kats problem just like Louie Runnels of SFA did last week. I still think the Kats are able to bounce back with a strong performance by DD Terry who regains his feet. SHSU 34-23 SELA

SFA 2-2 @ 2-2 NICH
The Jacks are still in the race as are the Colonels. This elimination game is going to have a lot riding on it especially if SHSU and McNeese were to fall. SFA showed they can stop the run against SHSU and Nicholls is coming off a Thursday game, so they'll be well rested heading into this one. I really can see the boys of Thibodaux winning this one over the Jacks especially with the nice layoff. Danny Southall is going to be a tough QB to stop, but the Colonels are capable. NICH 17-13 SFA

McN 3-1 @ 2-2 NWST
The Pokes played a very strong second half against SELA and know going into this game that a win would mean they'd be even closer to returning to the I-AA playoffs and a share of the SLC championship. The Demons are going to be a tough opponent and may be the only real roadblock left for the Pokes on their road to the SLC title. I will be pulling for the Demons, in order for the Kats to have a shot, but being a realist, I see McNeese winning a close one. McN 28-27 NWST

Christmas came early for the Pokes as SLU turned the ball over on its first three possessions after nearly a flawless first half. Tough game in Natchitoches. Will go with the home team NWSt 28, MCN 27

Sam Houston State 38, SLU 13 - Lions have played terrible in second half in last three games. Look for trend to continue

Nicholls State 14, SFA 10 - Nicholls lost to SFA in Nacogdoches last year. Colonels will win in Thibodaux

Texas State 44, Texas Southern 7 - Better known as "The TSU Bowl" ... Bobcats will probably borrow "the Paddle" from Nicholls in this game after losing to Colonels last week.

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2006, 02:51 PM
SLC Predictions

SHSU 3-1 @ 1-4 SELA

SFA 2-2 @ 2-2 NICH

McN 3-1 @ 2-2 NWST

SHSU over SELA
Nicholls over SFA
NW State over McNeese - After the Demons positive showing against I-A Ole Miss last week they will be fired up. They come in and win this one BIG!

Freightliner
November 6th, 2006, 03:00 PM
TXST 21 - TSU-14 - Call me crazyxidiotx xidiotx ...but TSU gave us fits the last time they were here....and the way we have played this year...who knows WHAT TXST team is going to show up.

SHSU 31 - SELA 17 = And the trend continues.

MCN 21 - NWST 14 I just cant see NWST's offense playing that well. Their D..now thats a different story. Turnovers and special teams will be key in this game.

Nicholls 17 - SFA 10 another hard fought game in Thib.

slycat
November 6th, 2006, 03:10 PM
shsu over sela - good running game between DD and lucas

mcneese over nwst - mcneese is in a groove for now

sfa over nicholls - sfa has suprised me so far

blackfordpu
November 6th, 2006, 03:13 PM
shsu over sela - good running game between DD and lucas

mcneese over nwst - mcneese is in a groove for now

sfa over nicholls - sfa has suprised me so far

It is always hard to win when visiting John L. Guidry Stadium. The Colonels win this one.

TexasTerror
November 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Sam Houston State 38, SLU 13 - Lions have played terrible in second half in last three games. Look for trend to continue

Am I going to see you there? :)

GeauxColonels
November 6th, 2006, 07:11 PM
We got some good match-ups this week:

SHSU 41 - SELA 16
NWSU 21 - MSU 17
NSU 28 - SFA 24

Wish I could be down in Thibodaux for this one but I'll be on my way to Tennessee for a week-long vacation.

BEAR
November 6th, 2006, 08:05 PM
SHSU 38 - SELA 12
NWSU 28- MSU 14
NSU 35- SFA 17
UCA 56 - Augustana 7

Heck Augustana is two months behind....xlolx

Sam_Kats
November 6th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Kats over Lions
Demons upset the 'boys
Jacks beat the Colonels
Bobcats pummel the Tigers
Bears beat the crap out of whoever that school is...

:thumbsup:

Spooney-Cat
November 7th, 2006, 08:30 AM
SHSU 27 SELA 24
McNeese 27 NwSt 17
NSU 21 SFA 17
UCA vs. whoever - (who are these opponents they play?) 36-10

TxState vs. TSU - I don't think 100-10 will make me happy this late in the season right now, but I'm going with 56-21.

Good luck to the Pokes and Kats in their run for the SLC title. Wish you both the best, represent the SLC well in the playoffs!!
On second thought, I guess we could still possibly play spoils to SHSU? Uh oh...

UCABEARS75
November 7th, 2006, 08:40 AM
SHSU 27 SELA 24
McNeese 27 NwSt 17
NSU 21 SFA 17
UCA vs. whoever - (who are these opponents they play?) 36-10

TxState vs. TSU - I don't think 100-10 will make me happy this late in the season right now, but I'm going with 56-21.

Good luck to the Pokes and Kats in their run for the SLC title. Wish you both the best, represent the SLC well in the playoffs!!
On second thought, I guess we could still possibly play spoils to SHSU? Uh oh...

We are playing whomever we could get after a couple of SLC opponents agreed to play us then backed out!!

Had to have some home games, I think we played a pretty tough schedule for a first year transitional (7 D-Iaa teams including 3 who are currently ranked plus a couple more who have been.

exbearkat
November 7th, 2006, 09:13 AM
SH over SELA 35-17
NSU over McNeese 24-21
Nicholls over SFA 31-21
TSU-SM over TSU 45-14

kats89
November 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM
SE La game scares me after an emotional win at SFA last week. Dont think Mike Lucas wont have these kids fired up to play SHSU given his ties to SHSU and not getting the opportunity to be head coach.:nod:

I think NW St could really upset the Cowboys in Nachitoches on Saturday. We win we are in. I would like to capture the SLC crown at home vs Tx State next Saturday.:nod:

Dallas Demon
November 7th, 2006, 10:01 AM
NW St. over McNeese St.
SHSU over SLU
Nicholls over SFA
Texas St. over TSU
UCA over Augustana

Spooney-Cat
November 7th, 2006, 10:25 AM
SE La game scares me after an emotional win at SFA last week. Dont think Mike Lucas wont have these kids fired up to play SHSU given his ties to SHSU and not getting the opportunity to be head coach.:nod:

I think NW St could really upset the Cowboys in Nachitoches on Saturday. We win we are in. I would like to capture the SLC crown at home vs Tx State next Saturday.:nod:

I really wouldn't like to be a part of this.. :(

SFA 71
November 8th, 2006, 09:24 PM
SWT vs Tx Southern > SWT by 21. but who cares.
shs vs SeLa > SFA beat Sela by 14, shs beats SFA by 4, shs by 14
SFA vs Nichols > SFA beats SWT by 10, Nichols beats SWT by 1, SFA by 12
McNeese vs Nw > Mc seems to be on a roll & won't overlook Nw as they did SWT, Mc by 14 :thumbsup:

McNeese75
November 8th, 2006, 11:23 PM
McNeese
SELU
Nicholls
UCA

:rolleyes:

JohnStOnge
November 9th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Only one I'll comment on is McNeese at Northwestern State. I continue to think that Northwestern State is the best team in the conference physically.

In spite of having played three BCS league teams the Demons lead the conference in both total offense and total defense. During their two conference losses, they outgained Sam Houston in total yards by 549 to 392 and outgained Southeastern by 419 to 265.

And they are not dead in the Conference race yet. It's not a "nothing to play for" situation for Northwestern State.

No prediction, but I think McNeese is clearly the underdog. They cannot afford to go up there and play a first half like they did last week. I know Southeastern was even worse with its own mistakes in the second half, but McNeese was pretty bad with mistakes in the first.

patssle
November 9th, 2006, 10:08 AM
During their two conference losses, they outgained Sam Houston in total yards by 549 to 392

Honest, I wouldn't read much into that. They had us easily beat with time of poss because we kept going 3 and out. They should of racked up those yards with all the possesions they got! But our defense did not break.

McNeese75
November 9th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Only one I'll comment on is McNeese at Northwestern State. I continue to think that Northwestern State is the best team in the conference physically.

In spite of having played three BCS league teams the Demons lead the conference in both total offense and total defense. During their two conference losses, they outgained Sam Houston in total yards by 549 to 392 and outgained Southeastern by 419 to 265.

And they are not dead in the Conference race yet. It's not a "nothing to play for" situation for Northwestern State.

No prediction, but I think McNeese is clearly the underdog. They cannot afford to go up there and play a first half like they did last week. I know Southeastern was even worse with its own mistakes in the second half, but McNeese was pretty bad with mistakes in the first.

JS the "Anti-Homer" :D

JohnStOnge
November 9th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Honest, I wouldn't read much into that. They had us easily beat with time of poss because we kept going 3 and out. They should of racked up those yards with all the possesions they got! But our defense did not break.

The fact that your guys kept going three and out says something. It's clear from that as well as looking at the overall stats that Sam Houston was not able to sustain drives. The Bearkats did get three big plays that accounted for 237 of the team's 392 yards of offense and three TDs and that got them the win. But it's pretty evident that, play in and play out, Northwestern State was controlling the line of scrimmage.

I said it at the time and I'll say it again: Sam Houston State won the game. But as soon as I looked at the stats I came to the conclusion that Northwestern State is a more dangerous opponent. Same with the stats from the Northwestern State/Southeastern game.

NSUDemon98
November 9th, 2006, 08:13 PM

Sorry, but anyone who watched that game knows that is bull*****. Your defense didn't break b/c we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The SHSU defense has the one big play that they actually caused[the fumble inside the 10]...other than that you couldn't stop our offense, unless we stopped ourselves.

On the TxSt. board you tried to take credit for the Demons self destucting ways in the same way and I let it go, but not this time. There are many who will agree with in regards to that game.

Dallas Demon
November 9th, 2006, 11:22 PM
Sorry, but anyone who watched that game knows that is bull*****. Your defense didn't break b/c we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The SHSU defense has the one big play that they actually caused[the fumble inside the 10]...other than that you couldn't stop our offense, unless we stopped ourselves.

On the TxSt. board you tried to take credit for the Demons self destucting ways in the same way and I let it go, but not this time. There are many who will agree with in regards to that game.

We gave up three big plays, not typical of our defense. I'm still scratching my head over how we lost that game. :confused:

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 10th, 2006, 01:10 PM
SHSU over SELA
Nicholls over SFA
NW State over McNeese - After the Demons positive showing against I-A Ole Miss last week they will be fired up. They come in and win this one BIG!

BIG?????

Is McNeese spotting us 21???

This one will be close...again.

JohnStOnge
November 10th, 2006, 02:29 PM
BIG?????

Is McNeese spotting us 21???

This one will be close...again.

All I ask is that your boys keep making all the mistakes and don't pick the McNeese game to put everything together.

I will say this: I think McNeese might have more "take it the distance" players at the skill positions than it's ever had as a I-AA. That's one of the bright spots. So I hope the Demons are in a "give up the big play" mood again.

patssle
November 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
We gave up three big plays, not typical of our defense. I'm still scratching my head over how we lost that game. :confused:

Because of our offense...we did the same things vs. SFA and burned them as well (not for TDs but for yardage). We have a great QB and great receivers.

TxState_GO_CATS!
November 10th, 2006, 05:42 PM
FYI, Texas State QB will not play vs. Texas Southern due to an elbow injury. QB Chase Wasson will start in his place...

makes me a bit nervous about this game now...

SFA 71
November 10th, 2006, 05:51 PM
It is always hard to win when visiting John L. Guidry Stadium. The Colonels win this one.

"The Lumberjacks have dominated the all-time series against Nichols State, owning a
16 - 6 (.727) all time advantage. SFA has won 6 of the last 7 meetings between the two schools, including a 27 - 21 overtime win last season in Nacogdoches.
The Lumberjacks are 6 - 4 (.600) all-time against the Colonels in Guidrey Stadium." "A look at the last ten meetings:
1996 SFA 27 - 11
1997 SFA 39 - 7
1998 NSU 14 - 7
1999 SFA 38 - 7
2000 SFA 27 - 20
2001 SFA 23 - 21
2002 SFA 17 - 14
2003 SFA 28 - 16
2004 NSU 41 - 23
2005 SFA 27 - 21 (OT)" :thumbsup:

SFA 71
November 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Because of our offense...we did the same things vs. SFA and burned them as well (not for TDs but for yardage). We have a great QB and great receivers.

The yardage total was exactly the same for both teams, it doesn't really matter. : smh :

McNeese75
November 11th, 2006, 12:43 PM
We have a great QB and great receivers.

:confused: All I saw was a really nice running back

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 12:53 PM

Last week, the running game was inept and we found our passing game...

Who knows what we'll see in Hammond tonight!

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 03:00 PM

Louie Runnels for SFA! DT didn't do much. :thumbsup:

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
"The Lumberjacks have dominated the all-time series against Nichols State, owning a
16 - 6 (.727) all time advantage. SFA has won 6 of the last 7 meetings between the two schools, including a 27 - 21 overtime win last season in Nacogdoches.
The Lumberjacks are 6 - 4 (.600) all-time against the Colonels in Guidrey Stadium." "A look at the last ten meetings:
1996 SFA 27 - 11
1997 SFA 39 - 7
1998 NSU 14 - 7
1999 SFA 38 - 7
2000 SFA 27 - 20
2001 SFA 23 - 21
2002 SFA 17 - 14
2003 SFA 28 - 16
2004 NSU 41 - 23
2005 SFA 27 - 21 (OT)" :thumbsup:

Just because you did win doesn't mean it was easy. I see many scores there that are a touchdown or less apart.

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Just because you did win doesn't mean it was easy. I see many scores there that are a touchdown or less apart.

We win BUT we don't win by enough? I guess since shs didn't beat sela by as much as SFA did it isn't a GOOD win? :bawling:

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 09:25 PM

16 - 13 I guess we can count this one as a NON-Win also. Dang-it!! :eek:

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 09:25 PM
We win BUT we don't win by enough? I guess since shs didn't beat sela by as much as SFA did it isn't a GOOD win? :bawling:

Your previous post made it sound like you blew the competition away. I was just saying it will be a close game either way and it was.

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Your previous post made it sound like you blew the competition away. I was just saying it will be a close game either way and it was.

That eight wins in ten tries is blowing the competition away. I don't see how you can infer that I said anything about blow outs in the games, I mean, look what they did to us in one of their wins over us. I seem to remember some of your sambo buddies saying that since shs had beaten SFA so often that they were going to go up & "kick the crap" out of us... using your line of thought... the sambos should only squeak by the Jacks. Oh wait. you're right in a perverse way. :bow:

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 10:20 PM
That eight wins in ten tries is blowing the competition away. I don't see how you can infer that I said anything about blow outs in the games, I mean, look what they did to us in one of their wins over us. I seem to remember some of your sambo buddies saying that since shs had beaten SFA so often that they were going to go up & "kick the crap" out of us... using your line of thought... the sambos should only squeak by the Jacks. Oh wait. you're right in a perverse way. :bow:

Don't use the word "you" when referring to me and those statements. I never said we would blow out the jacks. Every game this season has made me nervous.

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Don't use the word "you" when referring to me and those statements. I never said we would blow out the jacks. Every game this season has made me nervous.

But you are right. It wasn't you that was doing all the talking, it was your sambo buddies cat89 & sam_cat. You were actually half way complimentary.:rotateh: Not that I can always say that for the tiny-terror. : smh :

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 10:58 PM
But you are right. It wasn't you that was doing all the talking, it was your sambo buddies cat89 & sam_cat. You were actually half way complimentary.:rotateh: Not that I can always say that for the tiny-terror. : smh :

tiny-terror? I'm not Texas Terror if you hadn't noticed.

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 11th, 2006, 11:02 PM
Just wishing McNeese Congrats....They did what they had to do to survive.

Their Kicker made all the kicks...
Ours didn't...

What more can I say???:rolleyes:

Hell of a good game regardless. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Just wishing McNeese Congrats....They did what they had to do to survive.

Their Kicker made all the kicks...
Ours didn't...

What more can I say???:rolleyes:

Hell of a good game regardless. xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

Sounded like you caught the same "kickeritis" that has been plaguing us all season. Great game though.

Frosty The Snowbuff
November 11th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Sounded like you caught the same "kickeritis" that has been plaguing us all season. Great game though.

2 Missed Xp...(Turned Out to be Our Downfall....(again))

Meanwhile McNeese's Kicker was a BEAST!!!!!!
What was he like 5/5????

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!! MISS ONE!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Maybe NOW....NSU will take special teams a bit more seriously.

patssle
November 11th, 2006, 11:32 PM
man i was listening to your game and our game at the same time...going nuts and got a major headache after it was all said and done.

SFA 71
November 11th, 2006, 11:50 PM
tiny-terror? I'm not Texas Terror if you hadn't noticed.
You seem to be reading things I didn't say. I guess to make it clearer for you Pee-wee, I know you didn't ever have a slam on the Jacks. I checked your postings on the thread. Your bud tiny-la-terror however did let his neutrality slip a little & did say a few choice words regarding the superiority of the sambos over the Jacks. If that's not clear enough, I give up. :eek:

blackfordpu
November 11th, 2006, 11:56 PM
You seem to be reading things I didn't say. I guess to make it clearer for you Pee-wee, I know you didn't ever have a slam on the Jacks. I checked your postings on the thread. Your bud tiny-la-terror however did let his neutrality slip a little & did say a few choice words regarding the superiority of the sambos over the Jacks. If that's not clear enough, I give up. :eek:

See, that is the kind of post that makes you seem like a very unpleasent person. No need for the name calling that you constantly practice.

McNeese75
November 12th, 2006, 01:35 AM

What was he like 5/5????

JESUS CHRIST!!!!!!! MISS ONE!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

That was one of the most exciting games I have watched in quite a while. Great game by both teams.
:hurray:

JohnStOnge
November 12th, 2006, 02:05 AM

What was he like 5/5????

MISS ONE!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

46, 41, 40, 39, and 28 yards.

I live in Ascension Parish and when Bercegeay was at East Ascension High School I used to make it a point to go watch EA games just to see him. I first saw him in a jamoboree and thought I'd never seen a high school kicker like that (I'm sure there have been quite a few...just that I'd never seen one). I figured he'd be kicking in college but thought it'd be at a I-A school. When they signed him he was the recruit from that class I was most excited about.

For some reason he still doesn't usually get the distance on kickoffs that he got in high school. Last week somebody on the McNeese board said he has an injury. But he's really coming around with his field goal kicking and is certainly worth his scholarship.

SFA 71
November 12th, 2006, 02:01 PM
See, that is the kind of post that makes you seem like a very unpleasent person. No need for the name calling that you constantly practice.

take a compliment can you. :(