PDA

View Full Version : How Many SWAC Officials Does It Take To Call A Coin Toss

FYI85
September 29th, 2014, 12:17 AM
This has to be no. 1 on Sportcenter's "Not Top 10"

http://www.hbcugameday.com/2014/09/watch-official-botches-jackson.html

BluBengal07
September 29th, 2014, 08:36 AM
not the first time in any level football game.

Hood
September 29th, 2014, 09:08 AM
I had to watch it twice to figure out what went wrong.xdrunkyx

kdinva
September 29th, 2014, 09:17 AM
This has to be no. 1 on Sportcenter's "Not Top 10"

http://www.hbcugameday.com/2014/09/watch-official-botches-jackson.html

maybe someone should be w/the officials w/pen and paper, or a pocket tape recorder.......... xconfusedx xslapfightx

Sycamore62
September 29th, 2014, 09:19 AM
maybe someone should be w/the officials w/pen and paper, or a pocket tape recorder.......... xconfusedx xslapfightx

sadly, they have all of the above

PAllen
September 29th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I remember talking to an NFL referee (now retired) about his first game as the R. He was so excited, that he went through the pretoss routine and flipped the coin before he asked the visiting captain (Walter Payton) whether he wanted heads or tails. As the coin landed on the turf, and the ref realized his error. He just looked at Walter and said "Mr. Payton, what is your call?". Walter Payton stepped over to the coin, looked down and said "Tails". "Tails it is. Chicago has won the toss." This stuff happens, yes it looks bad, but the effect on the actual game is miniscule.

TypicalTribe
September 29th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Why didn't the otehr team say anything?

813Jag
September 29th, 2014, 10:26 AM
SWAC refs have done way worse things than that.

FYI85
September 29th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Well the JSU player gets an A on taking advantage of opportunities!

BEAR
September 29th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Man, when they get the coin toss wrong, its time to dismiss them from duties! SLC officials are synonymous with crap like that. Heard they are Big 12 officials also... scary...just plain scary.

coastalalum
September 29th, 2014, 10:52 AM
if i'm the coach of the other team and i see this video, i think it's time to re-evaluate who i'm sending out there as my captains....

JayJ79
September 29th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I thought I once read somewhere that the on-the-field coin toss was just ceremonial and that the actual toss happened beforehand. But maybe that was for something else. (or maybe it was just something i dreamed up, I dunno).

PAllen
September 29th, 2014, 11:27 PM
I thought I once read somewhere that the on-the-field coin toss was just ceremonial and that the actual toss happened beforehand. But maybe that was for something else. (or maybe it was just something i dreamed up, I dunno).

That's the case in some high school leagues. I always thought the sneaky low key coin toss in the endzone was stupid, JMHO

Panther88
September 30th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Why didn't the otehr team say anything?

Seriously. xsmhx Stood there like.... duhhhhhhhhh. :(

Nickels
September 30th, 2014, 09:51 AM
I was a captain (for a game) in high school. We did the coin toss 30 minutes before the game near the field house...