View Full Version : MSU 13, UNC 10 with 3:00 to go in 4th...

ncbears
November 4th, 2006, 03:48 PM
C'mon Bears!

UNC is down to its 3rd string qb because of injuries.

Asa Matthews who lost his brother this week is playing.

ncbears
November 4th, 2006, 03:54 PM
game over, bobcats able to run the clock out after a couple first downs.

:bang:

CatFan22
November 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I think the refs were playing for you guys in the 4th quarter. What a bunch of dunces.

ncbears
November 4th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Our radio guys said that td should have counted instead of the int. Oh well, good game other wise.

profisme
November 4th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Well your radio guy was definitely right. At this point it doesn't matter, but man I was ticked when that happened.

catbob
November 4th, 2006, 04:37 PM
First off, hats to the Bears, they never gave up and played good football.

But that INT call in the endzone was the worst call I have ever seen in my entire life. Unless I see on film something that no one else saw... Jefferson came down with it, put two feet down... TOUCHDOWN. The ref let them wrestle to the ground, and the UNC player came up with it and they called it an INT. YOU DON'T LET THEM WRESTLE - POSSESSION IN THE ENDZONE, END OF STORY.

Then UNC immediately gets to 4th down, and throws an INT... but a 15 yard facemask is called on us, first down Bears (most likely a good call). Then several plays later they throw a 35 or so yard TD.

This game should not be near as close as the score. We threw 2 (I guess) interceptions in the endzone. Just before the 2nd "INT", we had a run play that looked like a TD to me too.

Basically, this game should have been 20-10, best scenario for UNC.

I have been pissed plenty of times at the ref, but this is BY FAR the angriest I have ever been. The whole stadium booed for 4 straight plays after that, during the UNC timeout and everything.

CopperCat
November 4th, 2006, 05:40 PM
I can almost guarantee you that Coach Kramer will be sending tape into the league office to get that stupid-ass call looked at. I was sitting at about the 10 yard line of UNC when that happened, and it was plain as day that it was a TD.

But on the other side of things, that doesn't explain the mediocre play of Rolovich. Overthrowing Jefferson multiple times will not win the game in Missoula. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT JACK!!! Other than that, hats off to UNC. Your defense played well.

nevadagriz
November 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Question for cat fans I was pretty sure that msu would win by 3tds, what happened? I mean other then the refs. How many yards on O did you have today? How many yards did you give up? Where you able to run on them?

ncbears
November 4th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Question for cat fans I was pretty sure that msu would win by 3tds, what happened? I mean other then the refs. How many yards on O did you have today? How many yards did you give up? Where you able to run on them?

Umm...maybe we played better then expected???

I know the cats had a blown call in the endzone but we also played most of the game with our 3rd string qb.

grizbeer
November 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
But on the other side of things, that doesn't explain the mediocre play of Rolovich. Overthrowing Jefferson multiple times will not win the game in Missoula. PULL YOUR HEAD OUT JACK!!! Other than that, hats off to UNC. Your defense played well.It might, just wait. I saw a lot of throw it up and catch made today, why should it be differetn 2 weeks from now? Seriously, you have a good shot if rolovich can put in within 2 feet of Jefferson downfeild. If Poly had continued to throw and given up on the run today they might have won. Griz have a great D, but deep passes are the achillies heel, which should be a Cat's/Jefferson strength.

Plus Kramer teams always seems to play to the level of competition, it will be a battle.

CopperCat
November 4th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I'm certainly looking forward to it grizbeer, as is the rest of the state. Should prove to be one for the books.

catbob
November 5th, 2006, 02:41 AM
Umm...maybe we played better then expected???

I know the cats had a blown call in the endzone but we also played most of the game with our 3rd string qb.

Your third string QB played better than your starting QB.

Swanson 9/17 115 1 1
Breazeal 8/11 55 0 1

And if by most of the game, you meant "less than a half", then I will agree.

Cats played okay, but gave the ball away twice inside the 5 yard line. Score should've been much worse, but the Bears made the plays.

Bobcat in NC
November 6th, 2006, 08:22 AM

Offensive yards were pretty much a wash, I think. Cats ran for 160+ (Groves for 120), but only passed for 130+. Rolovich made some pretty shaky decisions that he definitely can't make in Missoula. UNC played a very good game and definitely gave the Cats all they wanted. Previos posts are correct, though. Final score should have been 20-3. The interception call was absolutely horrible. BSC referees have never been real high on my Christmas list, but that call took the cake.