PDA

View Full Version : Harvard's new schedules through 2017

bonarae
September 24th, 2014, 08:28 AM
Two common opponents: Rhody and Georgetown. In 2016 Holy Cross is back albeit only there and the series will pause indefinitely after that. The other two years have Lafayette has the third OOC opponent.

What other FCS opponents should Harvard get for 2018 and beyond? xchinscratchx

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/092415_Future

Sept. 19

at Rhode Island

Sept. 26

BROWN

Oct. 3

GEORGETOWN

Oct. 10

at Cornell

Oct. 17

at Lafayette

Oct. 24

PRINCETON

Oct. 31

DARTMOUTH

Nov. 7

at Columbia

Nov. 14

PENN

Nov. 21

at Yale

Sept. 17

RHODE ISLAND

Sept. 24

at Brown

Oct. 1

GEORGETOWN

Oct. 8

CORNELL

Oct. 15

at Holy Cross

Oct. 22

at Princeton

Oct. 29

at Dartmouth

Nov. 5

COLUMBIA

Nov. 12

at Penn

Nov. 19

YALE

Sept. 16

at Rhode Island

Sept. 23

BROWN

Sept. 30

at Georgetown

Oct. 7

at Cornell

Oct. 14

LAFAYETTE

Oct. 21

PRINCETON

Oct. 28

DARTMOUTH

Nov. 4

at Columbia

Nov. 11

PENN

Nov. 18

at Yale

Go Green
September 24th, 2014, 09:37 AM

I've been daring you guys to call up UNH and schedule a game for quite some time.

I have not had success.

PAllen
September 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
I've been daring you guys to call up UNH and schedule a game for quite some time.

I have not had success.

As much as I like the Lehigh/Harvard games, This ^^^^^^!

TheRevSFA
September 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM
SFA vs Harvard home and home. It's an excuse to go to Boston.

DFW HOYA
September 24th, 2014, 10:26 AM

Holy Cross
Georgetown
add William & Mary

Sader87
September 24th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Actually, Holy Cross and Harvard are only not playing in 2015 and 2017 through 2025:

http://goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/20140916cswq6n

I do think Harvard should schedule up more though....it's been a total waste of talent/good teams that they haven't in Murphy's tenure.

darell1976
September 24th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Harvard should play UND, a nice H/H would be great. We have a hockey connection with the Ivy League Schools, so why not a football one. UND has never faced an Ivy League opponent.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Yes bonarae, you may have missed the HC thread... it seems that the Saders and Crimson are locked in annually from 2017 through 2025.

Harvard definitely needs to challenge itself... I mean, Penn has Villanova every year, and had W&M last year. If Penn can do it...

crusader11
September 24th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Talk about a total snoozefest with these schedules. I would be irate if I was a Harvard alum, having to watch my school play the same 10-12 teams year after year after year.

In 20 years at Harvard, Tim Murphy has scheduled a grand total of nine non-conference opponents, five of these teams Harvard has played four or fewer times.

More often than not, Harvard's slate has been the seven Ivy League games, along with Holy Cross (19 times), Lafayette (14 times) and Lehigh (nine times).

The other games: Bucknell (five), Colgate (four), Fordham (two), Northeastern (four), San Diego (two), and Georgetown (one).

I DARE you, Tim Murphy, to grow a pair and play Maine or New Hampshire.

Harvard has had some incredibly talented teams over the years, and it's a real shame they never challenged themselves against some much stiffer competition.

TheDHC
September 24th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Pretty stale schedule, at least the Crimson basketball schedule keeps it interesting.

I find it interesting that Albany and Harvard are less than 3 hours away from each other and we've never faced the Crimson on a football field.

crusader11
September 24th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I find it interesting that Albany and Harvard are less than 3 hours away from each other and we've never faced the Crimson on a football field.

Same deal for Albany and Holy Cross, up until this season. Have to bear in mind that Albany has only been playing D1 football for 15 years.

UAalum72
September 24th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Pretty stale schedule, at least the Crimson basketball schedule keeps it interesting.

Same deal for Albany and Holy Cross, up until this season. Have to bear in mind that Albany has only been playing D1 football for 15 years.True. We also haven't played Dartmouth, Penn, or Princeton either (nor Lafayette, Bucknell and Georgetown).

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2014, 03:25 PM
Harvard would/could schedule College of Faith if it wanted to... the only thing that matters is the "prestigious" Ivy title... that's how they recruit, and that's all that matters since there is no playoffs.

bonarae
September 24th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I think Murphy may have to retire if the schedule wants to change. There's no sign of him being offered a job at scholly FCS or even FBS ones. xsmhx

bjtheflamesfan
September 24th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Personally I would love to see Harvard play Liberty in Lynchburg since my mom went there and itd be a nice family trip

UNHFan
September 24th, 2014, 06:28 PM

I have not had success.

The years of sacrifice in the arena's are long gone :-P

Go...gate
September 24th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Talk about a total snoozefest with these schedules. I would be irate if I was a Harvard alum, having to watch my school play the same 10-12 teams year after year after year.

In 20 years at Harvard, Tim Murphy has scheduled a grand total of nine non-conference opponents, five of these teams Harvard has played four or fewer times.

More often than not, Harvard's slate has been the seven Ivy League games, along with Holy Cross (19 times), Lafayette (14 times) and Lehigh (nine times).

The other games: Bucknell (five), Colgate (four), Fordham (two), Northeastern (four), San Diego (two), and Georgetown (one).

I DARE you, Tim Murphy, to grow a pair and play Maine or New Hampshire.

Harvard has had some incredibly talented teams over the years, and it's a real shame they never challenged themselves against some much stiffer competition.

How about Colgate?

Go...gate
September 24th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Same deal for Albany and Holy Cross, up until this season. Have to bear in mind that Albany has only been playing D1 football for 15 years.

Albany's upgrade has been a boon for Colgate. Though nothing officially is set beyond 2016, it looks like the two teams will meet often in the future. The game actually makes a lot of sense for both schools.

Ivytalk
September 24th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Murphy has some coaching roots at Maine, so that would be a natural. UNH and Harvard play each other in hockey, so why not football?

It will likely be left to Murphy's successor to schedule better OOC opponents. Jeez, Restic scheduled UMass, Army, and W&M.

bonarae
September 24th, 2014, 10:25 PM
It will likely be left to Murphy's successor to schedule better OOC opponents. Jeez, Restic scheduled UMass, Army, and W&M.

Unfortunately, that may be true. At least for now. xsmhx