PDA

View Full Version : Yale-Holy Cross sign 12 game agreement

bulldog10jw
September 23rd, 2014, 12:24 PM
http://goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/20140923p6egad

WORCESTER, Mass. — Holy Cross and Yale have released the dates for a 12-game football series between the schools, as announced by Holy Cross director of athletics Nathan Pine and Yale director of athletics Thomas Beckett. The Crusaders and the Bulldogs will meet every year from 2017-2028, alternating home and away games.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
Excellent News! A great series.

This makes me wonder, will my *former* alma mater be able to top the ante and scratch up another thrilling contest with Robert Morris or Wagner College?

Penn: 90 games - GONE

Rutgers: 72 games - GONE

Princeton: 47 games - GONE

Columbia: 42 games - GONE

Cornell: 34 games - GONE

If the AD at that now-unmentionable institution pushes real hard, he just might be able to land a home-and-home with St. Francis of Loretto one of these years. Now that would be a coup, wouldn't it?

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2014, 05:03 PM
We played four, sometimes five Ivies per year. That's too many. Our AD Eve Atkinson signed 10+ year deals with Ivy schools.

That's good that HC is locked into Yale and Harvard, but LC should have some flexibility. I don't want us locked into Princeton, Columbia and Harvard for 10 years.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 23rd, 2014, 05:06 PM
I think having one consistent IL rival (Lafayette-Penn, Harvard-Holy Cross, Lehigh-Princeton, Cornell-Colgate) is a great thing. But, it does seem like a bit of overkill to be locked into 2 IL opponents like that. Granted, HC could have done much worse than Yale and Harvard.

Gordon Shumway
September 23rd, 2014, 05:25 PM
Excellent News! A great series.

This makes me wonder, will my *former* alma mater be able to top the ante and scratch up another thrilling contest with Robert Morris or Wagner College?

Penn: 90 games - GONE

Rutgers: 72 games - GONE

Princeton: 47 games - GONE

Columbia: 42 games - GONE

Cornell: 34 games - GONE

If the AD at that now-unmentionable institution pushes real hard, he just might be able to land a home-and-home with St. Francis of Loretto one of these years. Now that would be a coup, wouldn't it?

He doesn't seem to be going in that direction. Just signed a 4 year deal with UNH for 2016-2019. Might just be setting his sights a tad bit higher. BTW I thing UNH/HC or UNH/Lehigh should be on the schedule every year. Both should become good rivalries.

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2014, 06:34 PM
He doesn't seem to be going in that direction. Just signed a 4 year deal with UNH for 2016-2019. Might just be setting his sights a tad bit higher. BTW I thing UNH/HC or UNH/Lehigh should be on the schedule every year. Both should become good rivalries.

Wait, what?

Lafayette-UNH 2016-2019?

Talk about random news bomb! I like it!

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Wait, what?

Lafayette-UNH 2016-2019?

Talk about random news bomb! I like it!

He must mean Princeton . . . :D

Go...gate
September 23rd, 2014, 09:17 PM
That means the Lafayette - UNH thread has to last another five-plus years!

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2014, 09:21 PM

Ahh, so! Now I get it!

Good call. xpopcornx

Pard4Life
September 23rd, 2014, 09:32 PM

Beat me to it lol... That's the reason the series was scheduled in fact... to keep the thread going. Still need an official confirm...

Sader87
September 23rd, 2014, 09:44 PM
I'm sure you know, but it's HC-UNH for 2016-2019.

Holy Cross due to dint of both geography and history has a bit of an advantage ovah some othah PL schools when it comes to scheduling more Ivy and CAA schools.

HC has a long history with the 4 New England Ivies and is very close geographically to CAA schools like UNH, URI and Albany.

Bogus Megapardus
September 23rd, 2014, 09:48 PM
I'm sure you know, but it's HC-UNH for 2016-2019.

So it's the Crusaders!

Harvard . . . Yale . . . UNH . . .

The new AD is doing an excellent job!

Gater
September 23rd, 2014, 10:13 PM
Great job by Holy Cross.

Pard4Life
September 24th, 2014, 06:52 AM
So that's not news... the series was known about for awhile... The UNH guy seems to be referring to Lafayette and Bogie's post.

Go...gate
September 24th, 2014, 07:27 PM
Great job by Holy Cross.

While Colgate is are down to two Ivies per year by 2016 - Cornell and Yale.