PDA

View Full Version : Villanova-Penn

Gangtackle11
September 22nd, 2014, 05:56 PM
The last time 2 great coaches face off against each other. It would appear that Villanova is decidedly favored. I would love to read about your favorite game in this series or chat about this game coming up!

HailSzczur
September 22nd, 2014, 08:09 PM
103 wins since the last Penn win......and I don't see it changing.

Medley out 4-5 weeks, a couple guys on D shaken up. Could be a good game to get some guys some experience.

CHIP72
September 22nd, 2014, 10:28 PM
IIRC, the 2010 game was really, really close. In terms of quality and evenness of the teams, that season might rank the highest. Villanova was a national semifinalist, and Penn was undefeated in the Ivy League and lost only one game all year (to the Wildcats).

It looks like Villanova should win solidly (say, by about 20 points), but hopefully the Quakers will make the game very competitive.

As a side note, I wish Temple had a coach like Andy Talley or Al Bagnoli. Those two guys are both excellent coaches.

CatsWinCatsWinCatsWin
September 27th, 2014, 08:50 PM
The game was decided in the first 5 minutes when Villanova scored it's first TD and then Penn fumble on their Villanova's 1 yard line. Then, Nova marched down the field for a 13 play 99 yard drive to make it 14 - 0. It was all over after that. The Wildcats never looked back. The Quakers haven't won this matchup in over a century.

Pard4Life
September 27th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Puck Fenn.

Nova09
September 28th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Nova missed another xp and a short fg, at this point the only worthwhile nova analysis beyond "JR is amazing" is the adventures in kicking game from week to week