PDA

View Full Version : How EWU and NDSU are alike

robsnotes4u
September 22nd, 2014, 08:40 AM
I read how a team like NDSU is so great defensively that a team like EWU cant hang with them. The same can be said about NDSU not being able to score enough points to beat EWU. They are alike in one way, they just do it in a different way.

Both Offenses force the opposing team to have an efficient offense that scores every time.

You can't let NDSU get a lead. If they get a lead the Bison control the flow of the game, amount of possessions, and clock with their offense. They have the ability to be up 7 points with 8 minutes left and move the chains at a snails pace to go down for score, or run the clock out.

EWU can play from behind or play with a lead. If they are behind they will race down the field and score. 4th and 10, just another down in a lot of situations. If they are behind, they don't slow it down, the go down and score again, like a cheetah They Force you to score on every possession.

Both teams do the same thing, just in a different style. In both cases they wear you down with their offenses.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
I read how a team like NDSU is so great defensively that a team like EWU cant hang with them. The same can be said about NDSU not being able to score enough points to beat EWU. They are alike in one way, they just do it in a different way.

Both Offenses force the opposing team to have an efficient offense that scores every time.

You can't let NDSU get a lead. If they get a lead the Bison control the flow of the game, amount of possessions, and clock with their offense. They have the ability to be up 7 points with 8 minutes left and move the chains at a snails pace to go down for score, or run the clock out.

EWU can play from behind or play with a lead. If they are behind they will race down the field and score. 4th and 10, just another down in a lot of situations. If they are behind, they don't slow it down, the go down and score again, like a cheetah They Force you to score on every possession.

Both teams do the same thing, just in a different style. In both cases they wear you down with their offenses.

To me the difference is what's important. NDSU plays good defense but look at this last weeks game as a prime example. All it takes is on bad play on defense and no matter how dominating you have been to that point if they score is still close it lends itself to a team like EWU. NDSU can't keep settling for field goals when they need TD's to put a team away otherwise you let a team hang around long enough no matter how dominating you have been to that point all it takes is one or two mistakes on defense and boom you are looking at a "L" and left scratching your head. We got away with it in the Montana game but an explosive offense like EWU will more than likely make you pay for it. I'd rather see the cushion and then let the defense pin their ears back like we have done it in the last 3 years.

Professor Chaos
September 22nd, 2014, 08:52 AM
I'd say NDSU's weakness on offense (if you want call it that for a team averaging 35 ppg) is less of a detriment than EWU's weakness of defense. Keep in mind that one of the main reasons the NDSU defense looks so good is because the offense does such a great job of controlling the ball meaning the defense has less time of the field and is usually well rested. In some cases EWU's great offense is a detriment to their porous defense because they score so quickly the defense has to get right back out there and continue to take their licks.

The cliché I tend to agree with is that good defense will beat good offense more often than not at the end of the day because there's less risk involved in a close game when you have a prolific defense rather than a prolific offense. Had the EWU/MSU game gone 30 seconds longer on Saturday EWU very well may have lost. Had the Montana/NDSU game on Saturday gone another two quarters I'm fairly sure NDSU would've stretched the lead out further with the amount of time they had possessed the ball offensively to that point and due to the beating Jordan Johnson was taking. I'd prefer to not have the outcome of the game depend on who has the ball last.

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2014, 12:34 PM
I'm not quite convinced that NDSU has a dominating defense yet. Not until they play a team with a good offense. They have been amazing in the past, but right now I'm just chalking them up as a good defense. Who have they played? Montana, the team with a small inexperienced offensive line and a poor offensive coordinator. Weber State, a team who is historically atrocious on offense still put on 300 yards. Do I need to say anything about Incarnate Word? Iowa State is the best evidence so far, which they kept Iowa State slightly under their offensive average, which is about 275. Iowa State is performing better in the FBS than I thought they would, so it doesn't look like NDSU just beat up an atrocious FBS team.

Like I said, I just want a little more evidence to be convinced. NDSU has done everything to deserve a #1 ranking and EWU has not.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
They are nothing alike in anyway.

NDSU is power football played at a level never played in the FCS, they play physical on both sides of the ball. They have good knowledgeable fans who are humble and gracious.

Ewu is some offense and nothing else, no physicality no defense and classless asshats for fans.

NDSU would win 10 out of 10 games against Ewu as long as the refs didnt **** things up like last time.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 12:45 PM
They are not alike.

NDSU plays good defense. The offense has been a work in progress but that is expected with a new QB.

EWU plays little or no defense, they just try to outscore the opponent.

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2014, 12:49 PM
They are not alike.

NDSU plays good defense. The offense has been a work in progress but that is expected with a new QB.

EWU plays little or no defense, they just try to outscore the opponent.

It's not like it's our philosophy to play no defense. We have been plagued with injuries the past couple of years. This year, injuries lead us to have five true freshman on the defensive line. It's pretty brutal.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Another reason that NDSU is nothing like Ewu is that they do not make excuses for their teams performance they have a saying....."next man up"

Everybody on here said they would lose games this season because NDSU lost 19 players and had a new head coach, blah, blah blah.........they just reload and kick your ass they dont have time for excuses.........they are too busy winning.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 01:00 PM
It's not like it's our philosophy to play no defense. We have been plagued with injuries the past couple of years. This year, injuries lead us to have five true freshman on the defensive line. It's pretty brutal.

NDSU rotates 3 RFR on the D-Line this year. Injuries happen to all teams every year. NDSU's starting DE is out with a pulled hamstring or groin....one of the two. But AG1 is right...coaches say..."next man up"

Plus an AA candidate on the O-line had to redshirt for knee surgery and another starter on the O-line had to quit playing for medical reasons....next man up.

robsnotes4u
September 22nd, 2014, 01:03 PM
The point is they both control the game with their offenses (alike), just do that in different ways.

penguinpower
September 22nd, 2014, 01:05 PM
Defense wins championships and offense is nice to have.

robsnotes4u
September 22nd, 2014, 01:08 PM
Defense wins championships and offense is nice to have.

I understand the cliche. Did the NDSU defense or offense control the TOP against Montana? You can say both, but in every NDSU game who controls the second half?

gotts
September 22nd, 2014, 01:09 PM
I understand the cliche. Did the NDSU defense or offense control the TOP against Montana? You can say both, but in every NDSU game who controls the second half?

The clock operator.

Cleets
September 22nd, 2014, 01:10 PM
This thread... xeyebrowx

How EWU and NDSU are alike:

a) Not at all
b) Not even a little bit
c) See A and B
d) All of the above

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2014, 01:19 PM
Another reason that NDSU is nothing like Ewu is that they do not make excuses for their teams performance they have a saying....."next man up"

Everybody on here said they would lose games this season because NDSU lost 19 players and had a new head coach, blah, blah blah.........they just reload and kick your ass they dont have time for excuses.........they are too busy winning.

And you're too busy flopping to the winning team.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2014, 01:20 PM

The defense! The Defense stops the other team and allows the Offense to take over.

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
NDSU rotates 3 RFR on the D-Line this year. Injuries happen to all teams every year. NDSU's starting DE is out with a pulled hamstring or groin....one of the two. But AG1 is right...coaches say..."next man up"

Plus an AA candidate on the O-line had to redshirt for knee surgery and another starter on the O-line had to quit playing for medical reasons....next man up.

I'm sorry, but there is a huge development margin between true freshman and redshirt freshman. True freshman don't get time to work with athletic trainers and learn the schemes. Redshirts have been in the system and have had time to bulk up. Having five true freshman in one area is a huge issue.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 01:24 PM
I'm sorry, but there is a huge development margin between true freshman and redshirt freshman. True freshman don't get time to work with athletic trainers and learn the schemes. Redshirts have been in the system and have had time to bulk up. Having five true freshman in one area is a huge issue.

OK...go with that then. The 3 that rotate are replacing 4 senior DL guys from last year and have only played 4 games.

As stated, NDSU's mantra is....."next man up"

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2014, 01:27 PM

Sounds like your cream puffs need to toughen up a little.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM

We already noted you make excuses, no need to explain.............................we get it.

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Sounds like your cream puffs need to toughen up a little.

They will. They just need time.

- - - Updated - - -

We already noted you make excuses, no need to explain.............................we get it.

No need to make excuses when you're a bandwagonner, I guess. Right, Beta?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 01:36 PM
Not a bandwagoner, I have liked the Griz since I was 9 years old.

Nobody will probably put much credence in you thoughts anyway since you just make excuses and nobody takes that mindset seriously.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 01:40 PM

NDSU lost a lot from our defensive line from last year and also our offensive line. We reloaded. What has EWU done so far? SHSU scored 35 on you guys yet struggled and lost to a DII. You have a signature win over Washington yet Washington struggled with a bad Hawaii team who just snuck by UNI. You guys just don't **** the bed and win we'll see in the playoffs just how stout you are.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 01:41 PM
They will. They just need time.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to make excuses when you're a bandwagonner, I guess. Right, Beta?

Off to a great start with your posting here....xcoffeex

EWU's defense needs to get better to stop good teams they will see in the playoffs.

Silenoz
September 22nd, 2014, 01:45 PM
NDSU lost a lot from our defensive line from last year and also our offensive line. We reloaded. What has EWU done so far? SHSU scored 35 on you guys yet struggled and lost to a DII. You have a signature win over Washington yet Washington struggled with a bad Hawaii team who just snuck by UNI. You guys just don't **** the bed and win we'll see in the playoffs just how stout you are.
They lost to Washington, but gave them all they could handle

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 01:47 PM
So does everyone that plays Washington.................yippee

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 01:50 PM
They lost to Washington, but gave them all they could handle

A not very good Hawaii team lost to Washington but also gave Washington all they could handle. Next.......

Silenoz
September 22nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
I was just offering a correction... not trying to add commentary (or whatever you'd call what's happening in this thread). Carry on?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 01:53 PM
A not very good Hawaii team lost to Washington but also gave Washington all they could handle. Next.......

This here. Washington's defense was horrible in the EWU game I watched.

tomq04
September 22nd, 2014, 02:05 PM
No one talks about how the EWU defense in the final 4 of 5 games last season (Portland state game was ugly) or the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs (ZZ had 71 yards and SDSU had 3 points in the 2nd half), toughen up they did. Despite some folks calling for the D coordinator's head to roll, the team continues to improve as the year goes on.

That improvement didn't save our "totals" or averages/game stats, but we played complete games of football last year, and weren't 1 trick ponies.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 02:15 PM
No one talks about how the EWU defense in the final 4 of 5 games last season (Portland state game was ugly) or the 2nd and 3rd round of the playoffs (ZZ had 71 yards and SDSU had 3 points in the 2nd half), toughen up they did. Despite some folks calling for the D coordinator's head to roll, the team continues to improve as the year goes on.

That improvement didn't save our "totals" or averages/game stats, but we played complete games of football last year, and weren't 1 trick ponies.

No but you did just like UNI has done in the past...pissed it down your leg when it counted. I respect the hell out of VA and the passing game you guys have but honestly without a good defense I don't see a different outcome for you this year either.

tomq04
September 22nd, 2014, 02:21 PM
I've been saying since January that we will have a strong shot at having the chance to crap the bed at home in the semi's this year.

Cleets
September 22nd, 2014, 02:24 PM
I've been saying since January that we will have a strong shot at having the chance to crap the bed at home in the semi's this year.

Quality post ^

xlmaox

thebootfitter
September 22nd, 2014, 02:40 PM

I was at the EWU-SDSU playoff game last year, and I have to admit that I was surprised at the EWU defense in that game. They were not bad at all. Having seen this year's SHSU game on TV and the Univ of Washington game live, I think it is safe to say EWU has taken a few steps back on defense. Hearing that you're playing a significant number of inexperienced players does shed some light on this, but injuries and surprises are part of the game. The best teams can always overcome setbacks. And to be fair... maybe EWU will have a stronger defense by the end of the year.

VA, Kupp, Forte and the rest of the crew on offense should be able to carry you through the rest of your Big Sky schedule. But once the playoffs hit, if your defense hasn't toughened up, you very well may end up crapping the bed at home again. Time will tell.

tomq04
September 22nd, 2014, 02:48 PM
And to be fair... maybe EWU will have a stronger defense by the end of the year.

VA, Kupp, Forte and the rest of the crew on offense should be able to carry you through the rest of your Big Sky schedule. But once the playoffs hit, if your defense hasn't toughened up, you very well may end up crapping the bed at home again.

fact

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2014, 03:08 PM
They're not.

/thread

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 05:38 PM
They're not.

/thread
This

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 05:50 PM
I'm going to email the EWU coaching staff about that "next man up" line. Pure genius!

PS: I'm gonna give Alpha a big giant hug if he comes to Cheney this year!

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2014, 05:56 PM

??? I was under the impression the team with more points won. Washington beat EWU by a TD.

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2014, 06:18 PM
And you're too busy flopping to the winning team.

Zing!

The two teams are not alike. These are just two very different styles of football. EWU's offensive scores so quickly that the defense to be on the field quite a bit, which forces us to rotate a lot of players (especially on the D Line). There isn't going to be many defenses that can stay on the field as long as our does and have a great stat line. I'd like to think that our emphasis on running the ball more would help in that regard, but quite often those end up being quick hitter plays that catch the defense off guard and go for big gains.

NDSU's offense compliments it's defense. The defense is very good, and doesn't have to stay on the field a lot, either, due to the ground and pound style of the O.

EWU is never going to be a wear-you-down team as long as Baldwin is the HC. Nor would I want us to be...NDSU does it at an exceptional level and you can't argue with the results, but other than that, it's just a really boring style of football to watch.

I dunno, I think what's missed a lot of times is that we have played plenty ground and pound type teams in recent years (including NDSU). Sometimes we beat them, sometimes we lose to them, but we have been in every one of those games. If we were to play NDSU tomorrow, we might lose the game, but it wouldn't be a blow-out type deal. NDSU hasn't really been tested by a multiple style offense that is so effective at throwing and running the ball, so this is a game I think everyone wants to see.

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2014, 06:21 PM
No but you did just like UNI has done in the past...pissed it down your leg when it counted. I respect the hell out of VA and the passing game you guys have but honestly without a good defense I don't see a different outcome for you this year either.

I must have missed where UNI has been in the semi'd three out of the past four years, or won a NC during that time. xconfusedx

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2014, 06:23 PM

Boring.

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2014, 06:25 PM
This here. Washington's defense was horrible in the EWU game I watched.

Yes they were. But they have also only given up 14, 16, and 19 points in their other games against "FBS" competition. One could say they have a decent defense, with the exception of the 52 points we hung on them.

ALPHAGRIZ1
So do you. The difference is, you make bold predictions that turn out not to be true and then hide out until people forget about it. The excuses tend to come later on.

C'mon man! xlolx
BS, I rarely make predictions but the few I have over the past decade have been pretty spot on. If you have proof I challenge you to post it or shut your meth head.

Vitojr130

Here's the thing:

Offensive Breakdown
EWU: Excellent offense. Possibly one of the best QB/WR sets in recent FCS memory.
NDSU: Decent offense. Enough to get the job done.

Defensive Breakdown
NDSU: Excellent defense. Possibly one of the best in FCS history.
EWU: Nonexistent.

I think EWU's strength plays into NDSU's strength quite well, but EWU's weakness will get destroyed by NDSU's offense if a matchup would occur.

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2014, 06:28 PM
BS, I rarely make predictions but the few I have over the past decade have been pretty spot on. If you have proof I challenge you to post it or shut your meth head.

Good grief, dude. Shut up already. You are boring as hell.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 06:29 PM
Good grief, dude. Shut up already. You are boring as hell.
GFY Chaneytard

thebootfitter
September 22nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Yes they were. But they have also only given up 14, 16, and 19 points in their other games against "FBS" competition. One could say they have a decent defense, with the exception of the 52 points we hung on them.
You have a point here, although Georgia State can hardly be considered a true FBS team. And Hawai'i, while apparently improved this year, is still a lower quality team. And Illinois is no juggernaut either. I'd be surprised if they hold Stanford to under 30 this week. And Stanford isn't built to be a high scoring machine. The Husky D is definitely going to need some improvement if they want to be relevant in the Pac12.

Still... no matter how you slice it, scoring 52 points on a Pac12 defense is impressive.

Red & Black
September 22nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
You have a point here, although Georgia State can hardly be considered a true FBS team. And Hawai'i, while apparently improved this year, is still a lower quality team. And Illinois is no juggernaut either. I'd be surprised if they hold Stanford to under 30 this week. And Stanford isn't built to be a high scoring machine. The Husky D is definitely going to need some improvement if they want to be relevant in the Pac12.

Still... no matter how you slice it, scoring 52 points on a Pac12 defense is impressive.

I agree. UW has a lot of talent and SPEED on D, but they are very young...particularly the secondary, where they are very young. EWU exploited that, and I think we gave the Pac-12 a pretty good blue-print on how to beat them, if said team can play a lick of defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 06:37 PM
Zing!

The two teams are not alike. These are just two very different styles of football. EWU's offensive scores so quickly that the defense to be on the field quite a bit, which forces us to rotate a lot of players (especially on the D Line). There isn't going to be many defenses that can stay on the field as long as our does and have a great stat line. I'd like to think that our emphasis on running the ball more would help in that regard, but quite often those end up being quick hitter plays that catch the defense off guard and go for big gains.

NDSU's offense compliments it's defense. The defense is very good, and doesn't have to stay on the field a lot, either, due to the ground and pound style of the O.

EWU is never going to be a wear-you-down team as long as Baldwin is the HC. Nor would I want us to be...NDSU does it at an exceptional level and you can't argue with the results, but other than that, it's just a really boring style of football to watch.

I dunno, I think what's missed a lot of times is that we have played plenty ground and pound type teams in recent years (including NDSU). Sometimes we beat them, sometimes we lose to them, but we have been in every one of those games. If we were to play NDSU tomorrow, we might lose the game, but it wouldn't be a blow-out type deal. NDSU hasn't really been tested by a multiple style offense that is so effective at throwing and running the ball, so this is a game I think everyone wants to see.

SHSU in 11 and 12 was very good at running/passing. Coastal Carolina last year could run/pass. New Hampshire last year also. Many teams in the Valley can run/pass.

NDSU has played many teams that can do both run/pass. EWU's offense is on another level right now in the FCS....heck, they could probably score on any FBS defense right now. That is why I hope NDSU and EWU get matched up in the playoffs this year. NDSU's defense is good enough to stop EWU.

robsnotes4u
September 22nd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Here's the thing:

Offensive Breakdown
EWU: Excellent offense. Possibly one of the best QB/WR sets in recent FCS memory.
NDSU: Decent offense. Enough to get the job done.

Defensive Breakdown
NDSU: Excellent defense. Possibly one of the best in FCS history.
EWU: Nonexistent.

I think EWU's strength plays into NDSU's strength quite well, but EWU's weakness will get destroyed by NDSU's offense if a matchup would occur.

i understand what you are saying. The post was not about who is better or would win between the two.

The idea is they both use offense to control the game. In that way they are alike.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
i understand what you are saying. The post was not about who is better or would win between the two.

The idea is they both use offense to control the game. In that way they are alike.

Putting it like that then you are right to some degree but I would add that EWU just tries to outscore the opponent. NDSU will pound you but also plays good defense. I don't see EWU playing defense, hence the 55-52 type of games.

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 08:05 PM
Yes. We don't even try to play defense.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 08:15 PM
Yes. We don't even try to play defense.

No you try you just suck at it xlolx

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 08:19 PM
Get back to me when the MVC learns how to stop us.

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 08:27 PM

Get back to me when you can not **** the bed and make it to the championship game against NDSU! We'll show you how it's done SHSUX2 and Towson style. You remember the teams you couldn't get past.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2014, 08:44 PM
I'm going to email the EWU coaching staff about that "next man up" line. Pure genius!

Kalm, I respect what you say on the Wedge a lot, but this post right here just shows you don't(and most people don't, so don't worry) understand the culture that is at NDSU. We expect winning, we expect that every man in the program understands his position and what is asked of him, no matter what time of the game or year he is in at school.

"Next Man Up" is just another part of "Those who stay WILL be Champions" mantra that North Dakota State has had since the 1960s. If you don't want to be excellent, give it all your or are not ready, you will be replaced, because that **** doesn't fly.

Both of those sayings have more meaning that just a stupid saying across the plains of North Dakota. They are as true as they were 50 years ago, something that every freshman gets bred into him as he starts with the team in fall practice. It's our culture.

NDSU has a culture of winning, and most people hate to see that.

Cleets
September 22nd, 2014, 08:58 PM
Kalm, I respect what you say on the Wedge a lot, but this post right here just shows you don't(and most people don't, so don't worry) understand the culture that is at NDSU. We expect winning, we expect that every man in the program understands his position and what is asked of him, no matter what time of the game or year he is in at school.

"Next Man Up" is just another part of "Those who stay WILL be Champions" mantra that North Dakota State has had since the 1960s. If you don't want to be excellent, give it all your or are not ready, you will be replaced, because that **** doesn't fly.

Both of those sayings have more meaning that just a stupid saying across the plains of North Dakota. They are as true as they were 50 years ago, something that every freshman gets bred into him as he starts with the team in fall practice. It's our culture.

NDSU has a culture of winning, and most people hate to see that.

I'm not exactly an NDSU fan... but I love how they do their thing
I said this 5 years ago on this forum and I'll say it again: NDSU is going to be the best thing to happen to FCS Football in a long time

putter
September 22nd, 2014, 09:15 PM
Total opposites but it would be a good game. NDSU would take a lot of time to score and EWU has the offense to score and score fast. 35-28 type of game because of the clock NDSU would eat up.

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2014, 09:26 PM

Theres something you just dont understand. All of the sayings---next man up, those who stay will be champions etc etc are nothing more than cliches at other schools. At NDSU its a way of life.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2014, 09:30 PM
Theres something you just dont understand. All of the sayings---next man up, those who stay will be champions etc etc are nothing more than cliches at other schools. At NDSU its a way of life.

This guy played here. He knows what he's talking about.

Btw, PL - Same play. Get ready for it. xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 22nd, 2014, 09:40 PM

yawn......

- - - Updated - - -

Talking to a wall with him....xlolx

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 09:42 PM
This guy played here. He knows what he's talking about.

Btw, PL - Same play. Get ready for it. xthumbsupx

Relax. No one doubts the success, but its still a well known cliche.

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 09:44 PM
NWMBF: You're the three time defending champs. Don't be so insecure.

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2014, 09:55 PM
NWMBF: You're the three time defending champs. Don't be so insecure.

Should be 4 time..... xrotatehx

Nickels
September 22nd, 2014, 09:56 PM
They are nothing alike in anyway.

NDSU is power football played at a level never played in the FCS, they play physical on both sides of the ball. They have good knowledgeable fans who are humble and gracious.

Ewu is some offense and nothing else, no physicality no defense and classless asshats for fans.

NDSU would win 10 out of 10 games against Ewu as long as the refs didnt **** things up like last time.

I endorse this post.

Bison56
September 22nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
I endorse this post.

I bet the humble fans part is what you agree with the most.:D

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 10:07 PM
Should be 4 time..... xrotatehx

Lol

thebootfitter
September 22nd, 2014, 10:09 PM
Total opposites but it would be a good game. NDSU would take a lot of time to score and EWU has the offense to score and score fast. 35-28 type of game because of the clock NDSU would eat up.
Yeah, I think EWU would find it a challenge to score more than 30 or so in four quarters. My guess if this gamer were to be played this week would be NDSU by a score of 38-28. Would be a fun one to watch though.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2014, 10:09 PM
Lol

You and Villanova and Richmond can all chuckle over your moment in the spotlight. You will likely never see it again.

FargoBison
September 22nd, 2014, 10:10 PM
Don't really care about how they are like. Just want to say this match up needs to happen and happen this year.

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 10:19 PM
You and Villanova and Richmond can all chuckle over your moment in the spotlight. You will likely never see it again.

Again with the insecurity...disappointing.

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2014, 10:32 PM
Relax. No one doubts the success, but its still a well known cliche.

Doesnt make any difference if it well known or not. To most its a cliche. Dont care.
Its not a cliche at NDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
Again with the insecurity...disappointing.

Your puffery is just as silly here.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 10:41 PM
I'm not exactly an NDSU fan... but I love how they do their thing
I said this 5 years ago on this forum and I'll say it again: NDSU is going to be the best thing to happen to FCS Football in a long time

Look, another bandwagon fan....................

tomq04
September 22nd, 2014, 10:43 PM
Don't really care about how they are like. Just want to say this match up needs to happen and happen this year.

xthumbsupx

Rjones61
September 22nd, 2014, 10:44 PM
Look, another bandwagon fan....................

Look, a hypocrite!

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Your puffery is just as silly here.

Puffery? I simply pointed out that next man up is not a concept unique to NDSU.

You've embraced it very well. Act like you've been there before....

kalm
September 22nd, 2014, 10:49 PM
Doesnt make any difference if it well known or not. To most its a cliche. Dont care.
Its not a cliche at NDSU.

The original post was made as though no one has thought of this before. Congrats on your championships!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 11:30 PM
Look, a hypocrite!
I wasnt being a hypocrite I was being a douchebag Ewu fan................its how you guys roll. You not calling Bad Cleets on his comment is being hypocritical.

NDSUSR
September 22nd, 2014, 11:41 PM
Maybe EWU can get by Towson this year. Lol.
What a bunch of losers.

Here is my advice EWU:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

BisonBacker
September 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Lol

Don't be so insecure.

kalm
September 23rd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Don't be so insecure.

Oh c'mon. It was a good line.

Bizon fans need to quit taking themselves so seriously. You're winning on the field.

Bisonator
September 23rd, 2014, 08:36 AM
I don't think 2 teams could be more polar opposites myself. But hey they each have a way of getting it done and winning games so whatever works for them I guess. Would have really loved to see EWU in the chipper last season, it would have been awesome watching Brock and the boys avenge that loss in Cheney in 2010.

Theee Catrabbit
September 23rd, 2014, 08:45 AM
I was at the EWU-SDSU playoff game last year, and I have to admit that I was surprised at the EWU defense in that game. They were not bad at all. Having seen this year's SHSU game on TV and the Univ of Washington game live, I think it is safe to say EWU has taken a few steps back on defense. Hearing that you're playing a significant number of inexperienced players does shed some light on this, but injuries and surprises are part of the game. The best teams can always overcome setbacks. And to be fair... maybe EWU will have a stronger defense by the end of the year.

VA, Kupp, Forte and the rest of the crew on offense should be able to carry you through the rest of your Big Sky schedule. But once the playoffs hit, if your defense hasn't toughened up, you very well may end up crapping the bed at home again. Time will tell.

They had 2 weeks to prepare for SDSU and ZZ got rode pretty hard against NAU. When you only have to scheme to stop 4 plays for two weeks and be well rested, you should win. Our biggest weakness is that Stig, has a no confidence vote in when to pull ZZ, and rest the kid. We have a couple nice backups this year. Should help.

RabidRabbit
September 23rd, 2014, 12:44 PM
They had 2 weeks to prepare for SDSU and ZZ got rode pretty hard against NAU. When you only have to scheme to stop 4 plays for two weeks and be well rested, you should win. Our biggest weakness is that Stig, has a no confidence vote in when to pull ZZ, and rest the kid. We have a couple nice backups this year. Should help.

Two on the road games, while the opponent had week off. Yeah, makes a difference. SDSU coaching made two HUGE mistakes that cost the Rabbits 14 points down. One thing about being methodical, ground and pound, is that it can be tricky to come back when down by 3 scores. Hope to get teams coming into Brookings in Dec. SDSU is about the only team that can get sent to EWU, MT and not be at a climate disadvantage. I'll note that the ONE play-off game held in Brookings SDSU decimated a pretty solid OVC champion, EIU. If Jacks can avoid getting matched up with NDSU in the play-offs, they'll be very competitive. But this season, we'll need to see who survives the MVFC meat grinder.

Wallace
September 23rd, 2014, 01:32 PM
I must have missed where UNI has been in the semi'd three out of the past four years, or won a NC during that time. xconfusedx

this

Bison56
September 23rd, 2014, 01:43 PM
Must be a bye week.

Red & Black
September 23rd, 2014, 04:32 PM
Two on the road games, while the opponent had week off. Yeah, makes a difference.

A 42-17 difference? Not smacking, but have you considered that perhaps EWU was a better team last season?

Grizalltheway
September 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM

They got shellacked so badly the last time they made it, they've been afraid to go back since.

dudeitsaid
September 23rd, 2014, 07:45 PM

Maybe you guys should've thought of instilling the "Next Man Up" mantra...

Some teams don't have a depth chart. They just draw straws for who will be first, second, and third on the depth chart. You should be more like them.

dudeitsaid
September 23rd, 2014, 07:48 PM
A 42-17 difference? Not smacking, but have you considered that perhaps EWU was a better team last season?

Of course not. EWU doesn't play defense. They couldn't have possibly been better.

dudeitsaid
September 25th, 2014, 12:20 AM
Yeah, I think EWU would find it a challenge to score more than 30 or so in four quarters. My guess if this gamer were to be played this week would be NDSU by a score of 38-28. Would be a fun one to watch though.

We really want to find out. Obviously, EWU is not intimidated by NDSU or the MVFC, scheduling the champs, and scheduling a historical MVFC powerhouse in UNI for home and homes. I am excited to see how the two different styles match up finally, if we don't see it this year in the playoffs.