PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Southern Conference Power Rankings/Predictions - Week 5

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
September 21st, 2014, 04:44 PM
I went 4-1 this past week as Furman once again let me down. A couple of close games from The Citadel and Wofford almost provided some hope for the SoCon but came up short. After last week, here's where I have at:

1) Samford - opens up their SoCon slate with a win
2) Mercer - lone loss was close one in the Lamb Bowl
3) Western Carolina - off this week their lone loss was a close one to South Florida
4) Chattanooga - off this week as well with a couple of close losses
5) Furman - McKayla Maroney called, she's not impressed.
6) Wofford - lost a close one against Gardner-Webb
7) VMI - at least they beat somebody
8) The Citadel - only team to yet win a game
ETSU - women's soccer off to program-best 8-1 start by knocking off USC Upstate and Howard

Predictions:
Mercer @ VMI - Bears score their first SoCon win
Western Carolina @ Furman - Catamounts get lucky on the road
Gardner-Webb @ The Citadel - Gardner-Webb improves to 2-0 vs. SoCon
UVA-Wise @ Wofford (Beatdown of the Week) - Terriers take out frustrations on Cavs.
Samford @ Chattanooga (Game of the Week) - Mocs score upset at home.

chattownmocs
September 21st, 2014, 04:56 PM
Stfu

chattanoogamocs
September 21st, 2014, 05:06 PM
I went 4-1 this past week as Furman once again let me down. A couple of close games from The Citadel and Wofford almost provided some hope for the SoCon but came up short. After last week, here's where I have at:

1) Samford - opens up their SoCon slate with a win
2) Mercer - lone loss was close one in the Lamb Bowl
3) Western Carolina - off this week their lone loss was a close one to South Florida
4) Chattanooga - off this week as well with a couple of close losses
5) Furman - McKayla Maroney called, she's not impressed.
6) Wofford - lost a close one against Gardner-Webb
7) VMI - at least they beat somebody
8) The Citadel - only team to yet win a game
ETSU - women's soccer off to program-best 8-1 start by knocking off USC Upstate and Howard

I get it, it's just an opinion, but except for Samford...this makes absolutely no sense.

ElCid
September 21st, 2014, 05:14 PM
1 - Samford - Impressive win. Doubled up VMI in Yards. VMI spotted them 14 points in first 5 minutes
2 - Chattanooga - had a week off to think about next Saturday
3 - Big South team of your choice
4 - No one worthy
5 - Vacant
6 - Furman, The Citadel, Western Carolina, Wofford (in alphabetical order)
7 - Mercer - Still racking up stats against nobodies
8 - VMI - Got abused by Samford

Mercer @ VMI - Battle for the basement. First SOCON road game for Mercer - 38-34
Western Carolina @ Furman - Furman is 15-1 over WCU in the last 16, but Western smells blood - 17-16
Gardner -Webb @ The Citadel - Not sure what the Dogs will do the rest of the season. They remain inconsistent. They need the win bad - 27-24
UVA-Wise @ Wofford - Wofford takes out its frustrations on a Div II - 55-7
Samford @ Chattanooga - SOCON Game of the Year? Mocs know what needs to be done this week and finally do it - 27-21

chattanoogamocs
September 21st, 2014, 05:18 PM
Samford @ Chattanooga - SOCON Game of the Year? Mocs know what needs to be done this week and finally do it - 27-21

Dear Lord, I sure hope so. Sometimes I worry that "knowing" and "doing" and not mutually exclusive in relation to Chattanooga football.

ElCid
September 21st, 2014, 05:29 PM

How is this an upset? I would say they are fairly close in every computer ranking. Most human polls have Mocs ranked, Samford not. Upset? Makes no sense.

ElCid
September 21st, 2014, 05:33 PM
Dear Lord, I sure hope so. Sometimes I worry that "knowing" and "doing" and not mutually exclusive in relation to Chattanooga football.

I think they have blown it too many times recently to not have their emotional duck in a line this Saturday. If they blow this, they really don't deserve it, sorry. This is clearly the highest SOCON hurdle of the year unless someone else gets their act together.

kdinva
September 21st, 2014, 06:15 PM
1) Samford
2) UT-C
3) Wofford
4) WCU
5) Furman
6) The Citadel
t7) Mercer
t7) VMI (game in Lex will break this "tie")

Yes, Keydets have been blown out twice, no denying that.......Keydets had a lot to do with the margin of defeat vs. BGSU & Samford.

Four turnovers vs. Samford = 28 Bulldogs points.
Samford had a 4th and 2, VMI has 12 men on the field for punt return.....Samford retains possession, scores.
VMI stops Samford on a 3rd down, but a late hit continues that possession......SU scores
VMI stops a Samford fake field goal, another after the whistle penalty on VMI extends that drive,.....SU scores.

Plus, Samford had a fine pass rush on Cobb, and didn't allow VMI's receivers to run loose in the secondary like they did vs. Bueknell and Davidson.

Ghost
September 21st, 2014, 06:23 PM
Mercer @ VMI - Bears get out of the basement and get their first conference win.
Western Carolina @ Furman - The Cullowhee Cats get the W over a struggling FU offense.
UVA-Wise @ Wofford Wofford runs their frustration out and win big.
Samford @ Chattanooga Possibly Conference champ game. Samford wins in a close one.

FUBeAR
September 21st, 2014, 11:08 PM
1T - Sammy & Chatt - Tie-breaker on Sat
3T - FU, ElCid, Woofy, WCU - FU-WCU tie-breaker on Sat. ElCid & Woffy can only move down to #4-6 as the FU-WCU winner will slot in @ #3
7T - VMI, Mercer - Tie-breaker on Sat
8 - ETSU - looking stronger every week though

Some clarity will be seen at the top & bottom of the SoCon after Sat. Sorting out the middle will take a few weeks yet...and, perhaps either or both of those at the top could fall...and one of those currently at the bottom still may have the possibility of rising. Will be fun to watch!

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 06:53 AM
One hot mess of a conference right now.

I have to believe Furman cannot be this utterly inept on offense the entire season. I would expect more out of a non-scholarship team playing in the FCS.

The Cats
September 22nd, 2014, 07:29 AM
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
3) Western Carolina
4) Wofford
5) The Citadel
6) Furman
7) VMI
8) Mercer

Samford @ Chattanooga -
Mercer @ VMI
Western Carolina @ Furman
Gardner -Webb @ The Citadel
UVA-Wise @ Wofford

OL FU
September 22nd, 2014, 07:31 AM
Samford @ Chattanooga -
Mercer @ VMI
Gardner -Webb @ The Citadel
UVA-Wise @ Wofford

I agree but wouldn't be surprised if Samford, Furman, Mercer and GW win.

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 09:05 AM
I think Furman loses to Western. I actually had that game circled even in the preseason. WCU is coming off a bye week and two JV games. They will be healthy and rested for a struggling Furman team that has spent the last three weeks on the road.

Game neither team can afford to lose. SoCon looks like it might be there for the taking this year, and those conference wins are critical.

Mocs123
September 22nd, 2014, 09:15 AM
1. Chattanooga. The real test is this week. Have we fixed our offensive woes?
2. Samford. I am impressed with 63 points against VMI. That's more then Samford used to score in basketball.
3. Furman. I know, I know, but I still think this is a good team.
4. Western Carolina. Things are looking up in cullowhee.
5. Wofford. Never ever underestimate Wofford but it looks like a down year.
6. Citadel. Played a tough schedule thus far
7. VMI. They can score, but can't stop anyone either.
8. Mercer. Keep winning despite poor competition.

Samford 24
Chattanooga 27 (game of the week)

Mercer 38
VMI 42 (shoot out of the week)

WCU 21
Furman 24 (o vs. d) home team wins

Gardner Webb 28
Citadel 24 (hope I am wrong)

UVA wise 7
Wofford 49 (beat down of the week)

chattownmocs
September 22nd, 2014, 11:08 AM
1. Samford
2. Chattanooga
3. Western Carolina
4. Wofford
5. The Citadel
6. Furman
7. Mercer
8. VMI

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 12:14 PM
1. Chattanooga. The real test is this week. Have we fixes our offensive woes.
2. Samford. I am impressed with 63 points against VMI. That's more then Samford used to score in basketball.
3. Furman. I know, I know, but I still think this is a good team.
4. Western Carolina. Things are looking up in cullowhee.
5. Wofford. Never ever underestimate Wofford but it looks like a down year.
6. Citadel. Played a tough schedule thus far
7. VMI. They can score, but can't stop anyone either.
8. Mercer. Keep winning despite poor competition.

Samford 24
Chattanooga 27 (game of the week)

Mercer 38
VMI 42 (shoot out of the week)

WCU 21
Furman 24 (o vs. d) home team wins

Gardner Webb 28
Citadel 24 (hope I am wrong)

UVA wise 7
Wofford 49 (beat down of the week)

Pretty much how I see it.

Furman has been a mess offensively, but outside of Samford and UTC, they are the only team on the list that has a win over a D1 scholarship school. I just don't get excited about pretty losses and games against D2 programs.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2014, 12:24 PM
1. UTC still #1 until someone from the league beats them. Samford blowing out VMI doesn't warrant a #1 ranking
2. Samford - not because they blew out VMI, but because they look better
3. The Citadel - losing to Chuck South certainly isn't as bad as losing by 10 to SC State
4. Western - their OOC losses don't look as bad.
5. Wofford - a good offense, absolutely no defense. What a contrast to last year's Wofford-GW game
6. Furman - with Hannon they are probably #1, here without him.
7. Mercer - right here until they beat someone other than VMI
8. VMI - bringing up the rear until they beat someone in the league

UTC 28 Sammy 14
Furman 7 Western 6
Webb 24 El Cid 17
Wofford 52 Wise 24

wcucat15
September 22nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
1. Chattanooga
2. Samford
3. Western Carolina
4. Wofford
5. The Citadel
6. Furman
7. Mercer
8. VMI

WCU vs. FU :WCU wins 28-17. I know Furman's "D" is very good, but we have a lot of really good skill palyers.
Sam vs Chatt :Chatt gets revenge from last year. 35-28 SoCon wide open this season.
Mercer vs VMI : Mercer takes care of business 45-35. I like VMI's freshmen QB
GWU vs. Citadel : GWU wins by two scores 36-21 Big South Look darn good.
Woff vs UVA wise : easy win for the Terriers 60-14

Sir William
September 22nd, 2014, 01:01 PM
Predictions:
Mercer @ VMI - Bears score their first SoCon win
Western Carolina @ Furman - Catamounts get lucky on the road
UVA-Wise @ Wofford (Beatdown of the Week) - Terriers take out frustrations on Cavs.

Luck won't have anything to do with it - Western will win easily, b/c we don't have any offense. None. Notta.

This season has been utterly frustrating to say the least.

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 01:09 PM
WCU vs. FU :WCU wins 28-17. I know Furman's "D" is very good, but we have a lot of really good skill palyers.

It is going to be a good game, I think. WCU has been averaging about 250 ypg through the air, and Furman is only surrendering about 108, so something is going to give there.

OL FU
September 22nd, 2014, 01:11 PM
1. UTC still #1 until someone from the league beats them. Samford blowing out VMI doesn't warrant a #1 ranking
2. Samford - not because they blew out VMI, but because they look better
3. The Citadel - losing to Chuck South certainly isn't as bad as losing by 10 to SC State
4. Western - their OOC losses don't look as bad.
5. Wofford - a good offense, absolutely no defense. What a contrast to last year's Wofford-GW game
6. Furman - with Hannon they are probably #1, here without him.
7. Mercer - right here until they beat someone other than VMI
8. VMI - bringing up the rear until they beat someone in the league

UTC 28 Sammy 14
Furman 7 Western 6
Webb 24 El Cid 17
Wofford 52 Wise 24

I'd take itxlolx

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Luck won't have anything to do with it - Western will win easily, b/c we don't have any offense. None. Notta.

This season has been utterly frustrating to say the least.

Hard to know.

No one is asking for the showtime Lakers. Even moderate offensive efficiency probably still has Furman undefeated.

Perhaps I am naive, but I just cannot accept Furman is that bad on offense. I realize we replaced some key players, but I would expect more from Davidson playing in the SoCon. My hope is that eventually the switch will flip.

OL FU
September 22nd, 2014, 01:18 PM
Hard to know.

No one is asking for the showtime Lakers. Even moderate offensive efficiency probably still has Furman undefeated.

Perhaps I am naive, but I just cannot accept Furman is that bad on offense. I realize we replaced some key players, but I would expect more from Davidson playing in the SoCon. My hope is that eventually the switch will flip.

I think there are two issues. One is QB. A few better decisions, a few longer possessions, etc could go a long way to adding just enough to the score board to win more than it looks like we will now. Now when will it happen, hopefully soon.

On the other hand, it looks to me like our O-line is getting beat by everybody. That is a totally different problem. not that it can't be fixed but it won't be easy.

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 02:13 PM
I think there are two issues. One is QB. A few better decisions, a few longer possessions, etc could go a long way to adding just enough to the score board to win more than it looks like we will now. Now when will it happen, hopefully soon.

On the other hand, it looks to me like our O-line is getting beat by everybody. That is a totally different problem. not that it can't be fixed but it won't be easy.

It is scylla and charibis, to be honest. Teams are stacking the box to force Furman to throw, and Woodruff does not look like he has enough snaps to figure out how to get the offense out of bad play calls. The result is hurried throws or sacks. Furman has been able to break long touchdown passes the past few weeks based on some of the passes they have been able to let fly.

I think the losses of Thoni and Dozier on the OL were greater than anticipated. I get that teams are routinely bringing more than we can block, but simultaneously, it does not appear that we can force the running game like we did last year.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Teams are going to continue to badger us up front until we force them to stop. We have playmakers at WR, and a good RB. We've got to do something to get those guys the football in space.

OL FU
September 22nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
It is scylla and charibis, to be honest. Teams are stacking the box to force Furman to throw, and Woodruff does not look like he has enough snaps to figure out how to get the offense out of bad play calls. The result is hurried throws or sacks. Furman has been able to break long touchdown passes the past few weeks based on some of the passes they have been able to let fly.

I think the losses of Thoni and Dozier on the OL were greater than anticipated. I get that teams are routinely bringing more than we can block, but simultaneously, it does not appear that we can force the running game like we did last year.

I'm not sure what the solution is. Teams are going to continue to badger us up front until we force them to stop. We have playmakers at WR, and a good RB. We've got to do something to get those guys the football in space.

Agreed, I hate to even say this. I think with Hannon we might be 4-0 and still be a mediocre offensive team. The experience and decision making factor might have been enough to push us ahead the last two games. ( We didn't need much) On the other hand, well you know.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2014, 02:49 PM
Agreed, I hate to even say this. I think with Hannon we might be 4-0 and still be a mediocre offensive team. The experience and decision making factor might have been enough to push us ahead the last two games. ( We didn't need much) On the other hand, well you know.

That is what is so scary about FCS football (and 63 scholarships)...you are always going to be thin or inexperienced somewhere...and an injury or two to the wrong players can have a team go from hero to zero in the same game.

PaladinFan
September 22nd, 2014, 02:51 PM

Absolutely. Furman was not a good offensive football team even with Hannon at QB. Hannon's value was that he could make tough throws, avoid costly turnovers, and keep the line moving.

Last year, you saw much of the same game plan. Furman would have periodic success moving the ball, but mostly settled for field goals. They built up some points, and then turned their defense loose to force turnovers. Furman did not run away with a lot of games, but they built up enough of a lead so that when the eventual turnover or defensive score came, it was a back breaker.

- - - Updated - - -

That is what is so scary about FCS football (and 63 scholarships)...you are always going to be thin or inexperienced somewhere...and an injury or two to the wrong players can have a team go from hero to zero in the same game.

What's crazy is that Furman was down to its fourth string walkon QB just last season. I think the difference in this year and last year is that our OL was just much better last season.

chattanoogamocs
September 22nd, 2014, 04:16 PM
Week Four Attendance Report:

14,285 Chattanooga (1)
14,285 Jacksonville State

10,828 The Citadel (1)
10,828 Coastal Carolina

10,809 Mercer (3)
10,027 Reinhardt
12,227 Furman
10,173 Ave Maria

9,720 Western Carolina (2)
8,929 Brevard
10,511 Catawba

7,533 Furman (1)
7,533 Gardner-Webb

7,392 Wofford (1)
7,392 North Greenville

4,793 Samford (2)
4,968 Stillman
4,618 VMI

4,479 VMI (1)
4,479 Davidson

2013 Attendance:
13,155 The Citadel
9,922 Chattanooga
9,379 Mercer
8,299 Furman
8,241 Western Carolina
7,773 Wofford
7,512 Samford
5,046 VMI

ElCid
September 22nd, 2014, 05:13 PM

Yeah, I think it is. I think it is not as much about Chuck South being that good, but that the Dogs are just not there yet, and they are that bad. No pass D, slow execution, loss of discipline with the penalties, special teams errors. They faltered bad in the opening against CCU. They showed signs of occasional brilliance against FSU. Then they again faltered against Chuck South. You can call it rising to your opponent's ability, but I think what is really is, is that the Dogs are just inconsistent. New coaching staff, lots of F and RSF playing. And although he played quite a bit the last couple years, new starting QB. The off-field social media antics did not help, but not sure they impacted anything either. I did not like the off week timing either. Easy to second guess that in hindsight. Looked good on paper. The season is not lost yet, but improvement needs happen quickly or it will be a long year in Charleston.

walliver
September 22nd, 2014, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I think it is. I think it is not as much about Chuck South being that good, but that the Dogs are just not there yet, and they are that bad. No pass D, slow execution, loss of discipline with the penalties, special teams errors. ...

Sounds like you're describe us too.

ElCid
September 22nd, 2014, 05:47 PM
Sounds like you're describe us too.

Then we should have a fun time together on 4 Oct xrotatehx I just hope you are bad enough this year to break the spell, jinx, hex, curse, gremlin, plague, ... whatever it is.

I was going to go to the game but it is my anniversary and although my wife (Converse grad) loves to go to football games, we decided to stay home and watch it on ESPN 3.

walliver
September 22nd, 2014, 05:52 PM
Power Rankings:
1) Samford - handled VMI. Not convinced they are better than #2, but now are tied for first in the conference.
2) Chattanooga - pre-season favorite has yet to impress, but has a good chance this weekend.

3-6 - in alphabetical order
3) The Citadel - 0-3 is not a good start. New coach will take time to settle in. I also think citpup fans undervalued Ben Dupree.
4) Furman - soccer numbers do not win many football games. Still 1-0 in SoCon, and I haven't written them off yet
5) Western Carolina - could this week be their break-out game?
6) Wofford - no pass defense, horrible kick-off coverage and sometime bizarre play-calling. No SoCon losses yet though.

7) VMI - at least they beat Davidson, I doubt they could hang with Reinhardt.
8) Mercer - they are only here because I will not move them up until they win a SoCon game.

This week:
Mercer at VMI - Keydets best chance for a conference win, but they party back home in Macon 35-17
Western Carolina at Furman - Cats charge in, but horsies find a way to hold them off with a gigantic offensive outburst 12-10.
Gardner-Webb at the Citadel - GW saw the option last week and probably won't give up 36 points, but Citadel plays some pass defense and pulls out a 24-21 win.
UVA-Wise at Wofford - The wise ones probably aren't in the same class as North Greenville or Reinhardt and Terriers win 56-28.
Samford at Chattanooga - Although billed as the conference championship, the Mocs will still have a lot of opportunity to screw it up after a 35-28 Moc win.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 22nd, 2014, 05:54 PM
Just create a new team from Wofford's offense and Furman's defense. Call them the Wofferman Terradins. I think they would be a top-5 FCS team.

Tealblood
September 22nd, 2014, 09:59 PM
Citadel people seem to be throwing in the towel

0-3 is not good and I know they don't understand other places are playing pretty good football

but the 3 teams that beat them are now a combined 12-0

you lost to Florida state no shame in that
and because chas southern has such a poor facilty and well "why are we even playing this game"

and not to brag but not only do we think we are pretty good a bunch of others think we might have a little something going on- understanding again " why are we even playing them"

OrangeAndBlack
September 22nd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Mercer @ VMI ... I'm ready to see the Bears win their first SoCon game! 41-27

Western Carolina @ Furman ... Home field, superior D, and the most important factor of all being history. Furman rolls. 17-6.

Gardner Webb @ The Citadel ... The one dimensional scheme only works if you dominate that dimension. The puzzle has been solved. 24-13

UVA-Wise @ Wofford ... Mercy rule? 56-9

Samford @ Chattanooga ... Home field advantage is big, but I don't think UTC can keep up with Samford's offense. 33-20.

citdog
September 22nd, 2014, 10:29 PM
Citadel people seem to be throwing in the towel

0-3 is not good and I know they don't understand other places are playing pretty good football

but the 3 teams that beat them are now a combined 12-0

you lost to Florida state no shame in that
and because chas southern has such a poor facilty and well "why are we even playing this game"

and not to brag but not only do we think we are pretty good a bunch of others think we might have a little something going on- understanding again " why are we even playing them"

You are coastal carolina community college and the baptist religious fanatic college at Charleston. We are The Citadel. We should NEVER be second best to you in ANYTHING.

rokamortis
September 23rd, 2014, 03:55 AM
You are coastal carolina community college and the baptist religious fanatic college at Charleston. We are The Citadel. We should NEVER be second best to you in ANYTHING.

In other words, you are delusional.

AshevilleApp2
September 23rd, 2014, 04:25 AM

He's back!

How was the Chick fil A fix?

FCSfan
September 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM
In other words, you are delusional.

that he is rokamortis. furman and wofford aren't proclaiming superiority following recent losses to big south opponents but according to jubal early wanna be the citadel is 2nd to nobody.
kudos to the other citadel posters that have given deserved props to big south victors thus far. refreshing to actually see perspective from el cid, cid1990, biff, etc.

rankings (with no power deserved yet):
sammy and chatty #1....at this point clearly above the rest. winner this week sits at #1 alone
furman, wofford, western and citadel#2....none have put together a complete game but are capable of beating anyone
vmi and mercer #3....still have to prove themselves

winners this week:
chatty, furman, wofford, citadel and vmi

citdog
September 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
that he is rokamortis. furman and wofford aren't proclaiming superiority following recent losses to big south opponents but according to jubal early wanna be the citadel is 2nd to nobody.
kudos to the other citadel posters that have given deserved props to big south victors thus far. refreshing to actually see perspective from el cid, cid1990, biff, etc.

rankings (with no power deserved yet):
sammy and chatty #1....at this point clearly above the rest. winner this week sits at #1 alone
furman, wofford, western and citadel#2....none have put together a complete game but are capable of beating anyone
vmi and mercer #3....still have to prove themselves

winners this week:
chatty, furman, wofford, citadel and vmi

What I posted was about expectations. The Citadel demands excellence and isn't getting it yet. I was complementary of usc-coastal after they whipped the 'Dogs. My thoughts on the baptist college game are as follows..........

1. csu is pretty good.
2. Chadwell is a fine coach who should have been interviewed by The Citadel when the job was open.
3. Your DE's and LB's spent much of the night in the offensive backfield and disrupted the timing of many plays.
4. The Cadets took a step backwards after taking two forward against fsu.
5. Personal fouls after big gains hurt.
6. csu deserves all the credit for elevating the program from where they were several years ago.

citdog
September 23rd, 2014, 10:03 AM
He's back!

How was the Chick fil A fix?

I devoured those finely fried delicacies. Many thanks to Clenz.

OL FU
September 23rd, 2014, 11:33 AM
I devoured those finely fried delicacies. Many thanks to Clenz.

I saw the pics of the game. Looks to me like Montana is feeding you many fried delicacies or there is an over supply of beer that you are attempting to deplete:D

PaladinFan
September 23rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
What I posted was about expectations. The Citadel demands excellence and isn't getting it yet. I was complementary of usc-coastal after they whipped the 'Dogs. My thoughts on the baptist college game are as follows..........

1. csu is pretty good.
2. Chadwell is a fine coach who should have been interviewed by The Citadel when the job was open.
3. Your DE's and LB's spent much of the night in the offensive backfield and disrupted the timing of many plays.
4. The Cadets took a step backwards after taking two forward against fsu.
5. Personal fouls after big gains hurt.
6. csu deserves all the credit for elevating the program from where they were several years ago.

Sounds like the Citadel and Furman are both at a point where someone needs to remind the offense that the guys in the wrong colored jerseys are supposed to stay on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

AshevilleApp2
September 23rd, 2014, 03:52 PM
I saw the pics of the game. Looks to me like Montana is feeding you many fried delicacies or there is an over supply of beer that you are attempting to deplete:D

xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

citdog
September 23rd, 2014, 03:55 PM

Got to put things away when there is an actual winter. You deep South pussies have no idea!

AshevilleApp2
September 23rd, 2014, 04:00 PM
Got to put things away when there is an actual winter. You deep South pussies have no idea!

I was thinking hibernation was coming soon!

Smitty
September 23rd, 2014, 04:26 PM
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
2) Wofford
3) Western Carolina
5) Furman
6) Mercer
7) The Citadel
8) VMI

Predictions:
Mercer @ VMI
Western Carolina @ Furman - Until we can prove that we can win against the SoCon, it is hard for me to pick Western
Gardner-Webb @ The Citadel
UVA-Wise @ Wofford
Samford @ Chattanooga

walliver
September 23rd, 2014, 09:06 PM

What would Johnson Hagood say?

Are you really implying that Elk Tail is as good as Deep South P****?

citdog
September 23rd, 2014, 09:17 PM
What would Johnson Hagood say?

Are you really implying that Elk Tail is as good as Deep South P****?

Not implying that at ALL. Just that actual winter is actually pretty cool.

CID1990
September 24th, 2014, 04:55 AM
1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
2) Wofford
3) Western Carolina
5) Furman
6) Mercer
7) The Citadel
8) VMI

Predictions:
Mercer @ VMI
Western Carolina @ Furman - Until we can prove that we can win against the SoCon, it is hard for me to pick Western
UVA-Wise @ Wofford
Samford @ Chattanooga

So you are predicting that The Citadel, your next to last in the SoCon, is going to beat GW, who just beat Wofford, who you have ranked 2nd (after losing to GW)

Makes total sense

OL FU
September 24th, 2014, 06:28 AM
So you are predicting that The Citadel, your next to last in the SoCon, is going to beat GW, who just beat Wofford, who you have ranked 2nd (after losing to GW)

Makes total sense

Home Field advantage

OL FU
September 24th, 2014, 07:02 AM

You are a bulldog, not a Grizzly

SCPALADIN
September 24th, 2014, 07:51 AM

Makes total sense

He also has WCU ahead of Furman, but Furman beating WCU on Saturday! It may be impossible to inject logic into the majority of these "polls" this early in the season. This one is especially illogical...but really no worse than most.

Smitty
September 24th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Sorry messed up and should have had a 3 next to Wofford.

Second this is just a power ranking. WCU is 2-1 and should be placed in front of Furman, however I said Furman will win because Western hasn't showed it can win against the Socon, or away games.

Third Citadel just sucks but I felt bad for getting the correction right last week (which our favorites said was stupid as well).

Fourth I need to copy and paste better...

1) Chattanooga
2) Samford
3) Wofford
4) Western Carolina
5) Furman
6) Mercer
7) The Citadel
8) VMI

Jiggs
September 25th, 2014, 10:05 AM
1) Samford
2) Chattanooga
3) Western Carolina
4) Wofford
5) Furman
6) Mercer
7) The Citadel
8) VMI

Predictions:
Mercer @ VMI
UVA-Wise @ Wofford
Samford @ Chattanooga

BullDog85
September 27th, 2014, 08:28 PM
The Citadel 37 GW 14. GW held to -2 yards rushing, was sacked 10 times.

chattanoogamocs
September 27th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Mercer 27
VMI 24
FINAL A:4,490

Western Carolina 35
Furman 17
FINAL A: 9,789

Gardner-Webb 14
The Citadel 37
FINAL A: 8,573

UVA-Wise 15