PDA

View Full Version : SDSU playing a D3 team?

Vitojr130
September 20th, 2014, 06:34 PM
They better set a scoring record of some sort. 21-0 in the first quarter.

Model Citizen
September 20th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Yes, Oshkosh is D-III.

I believe the Jackrabbits have Drake slated as a replacement. That series is scheduled for three years, with a game at Drake in 2019. I expect SDSU will buy itself out of the game in Iowa.

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 06:48 PM
This is what happens when beggar D1 teams can ask 300k to come take a beating. Should have found a D2.

Jackal
September 20th, 2014, 07:17 PM
This is what happens when beggar D1 teams can ask 300k to come take a beating. Should have found a D2.
Damn,i wished our admins. would have thought of that.

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Damn,i wished our admins. would have thought of that.
Bet they tried. D2 is a partial counter now.. enough options around to find a team, 150k will get you most D2 teams. Wonder how much they pay that D3 team.

Model Citizen
September 20th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I thought you were suggesting that Drake should have scheduled a D2 instead of SDSU. Because blowing off scheduling commitments is what SDSU is likely to do when a random FBS offers 300k for that date.

I would have agreed with you.

jacksfan29
September 20th, 2014, 08:13 PM
The game was a late addition due to an unnamed couple of FCS programs deciding at the last minute they didn't want to come to Brookings. D2 wasn't really an option any longer, by this time of the year the D2 schools are in conference play. The choice was take on a D3 or have two bye weeks in a row. SDSU are now beginning to have the same problem as NDSU has had for years. None of the lesser FCS programs want to come and play because they know they'll travel a long distance to get their ass kicked. I keep reading east coast schools (fans) saying they would like to upgrade their schedule, doesn't seem as if their ADs and coaches have the same interest. As for Oskosh, their likely at the same level as Incarnate Word; they just don't count towards our playoff eligibility.

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2014, 08:20 PM
They better set a scoring record of some sort. 21-0 in the first quarter.

Stig would never let that happen.

RabidRabbit
September 20th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Final 41-3. Coach Stig becomes the winningest coach in SDSU history with this 114th W.

Even the UW-Oshkosh coach praised Stig as an incredibly decent guy. UW-O coach was happy that while SDSU won handily, that no super efforts were made to run up the score, especially when the W was in hand.

mmiller_34
September 20th, 2014, 10:52 PM
It was a boring game. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2014, 11:26 PM
It was a boring game. I hope this doesn't happen again.

Tough to be excited when it's 28-0 after 1 Qtr

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 11:28 PM
I see sdsu still managed to get zenner 23 carries.

Holy **** guys... He's going to blow a tire and do you really need the extra miles getting thrown in against a d3?

Is the Payton award that important to sdsu?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Theee Catrabbit
September 20th, 2014, 11:31 PM

Holy **** guys... He's going to blow a tire and do you really need the extra miles getting thrown in against a d3?

Agreed. We kept thinking he was going to be pulled, and he'd trot back out there. I don't think Stig or ZZ even gives a **** about the Payton Award. It is isn't even talked about. It's just business as usual.

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2014, 11:53 PM

He should've been pulled after the first in my opinion. But in Stig I trust.

Kemo
September 21st, 2014, 02:23 AM

Yah, I was hoping he wouldn't get more than 15 carries.

I'm thinking the upcoming bye week had something to do with his workload as well. It's a bit of a balancing act between keeping Zenner active and healthy.