PDA

View Full Version : Can We Get a Little Love?

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 05:56 PM
So after all the blowout predictions, isn't about time the Griz got just a little respect?

Did we look like a top 5 team? Or are we more a top 10?

Or was it all a fluke, and we're still a terrible, fluffy Big Sky team?

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Good team. Definitely top 10. D will keep you in a lot of games. O line is weak but JJ scrambles well. O coach needs to call more short throws, slants and some option in the back. You guys aren't build to run it down the throat. Calling should depend on who you have on the team not who you wish.

mvemjsunpx
September 20th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Today could've been better, could've been worse. The final score was almost exactly what I predicted (20-10). I had the Griz at #9, & doubt they'll move much. I'm gonna keep UM above MSU, mostly because the Bobcats have a consistent tendency to not improve & then fade late in the season.

DaBizon
September 20th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Grizz played a good game . Honestly I'd say they have a better team all around than EWU.
You cannot win championships with just an offensive threat. With no defense EWU has no chance.
Great game Grizz

Lehigh'98
September 20th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Asking for love after a loss... Que Marlon Brando voice: "you can act like a man"

You guys played tough, we can have participation trophies made!!

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Good team. Definitely top 10. D will keep you in a lot of games. O line is weak but JJ scrambles well. O coach needs to call more short throws, slants and some option in the back. You guys aren't build to run it down the throat. Calling should depend on who you have on the team not who you wish.Agreed on pretty much everything.

When we get away from the Jumbo sets, we see much more success against good teams.

IMO JJ is being wasted in this offense. He's an incredible spread QB, and we're asking him to be a pocket passer.

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I love you

SD4ever
September 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Yea, I'll give you a little credit as I predicted a blow out but I was a little upset about last week. Good job in Fargo! Too bad you did not pull off the upset and end the most sickening winning streak in college football history. If the Yotes keep improving and get their starting QB back in the line up plus a few more people healed up it might not be such a picnic in the DDome next month for the ESPN darlings.

But then what do I know.

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Yea, I'll give you a little credit as I predicted a blow out but I was a little upset about last week. Good job in Fargo! Too bad you did not pull off the upset and end the most sickening winning streak in college football history. If the Yotes keep improving and get their starting QB back in the line up plus a few more people healed up it might not be such a picnic in the DDome next month for the ESPN darlings.

But then what do I know.
With the kind of play calling we have not even SD is a sure thing.. You guys are a good team.

Screamin_Eagle174
Grizz played a good game . Honestly I'd say they have a better team all around than EWU.
You cannot win championships with just an offensive threat. With no defense EWU has no chance.
Great game Grizz
We will always have a chance with how ridiculous our offense is. Last two years, we've been a combined 7 points from being in the NC back to back. As good as NDSU's D is, they could only hope to slow down our O, like in 2010. Would love to see that rematch.

That said, we need a new DC. I've lost my patience with Graham. Baldwin is too nice a dude to let him go.

Bisonator

But then what do I know.

Oh really? Are the yotes going to finally score this year??xlolx

Jackal
September 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM

But then what do I know.
Not much

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 06:16 PM
We will always have a chance with how ridiculous our offense is. Last two years, we've been a combined 7 points from being in the NC back to back. As good as NDSU's D is, they could only hope to slow down our O, like in 2010. Would love to see that rematch.

That said, we need a new DC. I've lost my patience with Graham. Baldwin is too nice a dude to let him go.
Could your o line really hang with the NDSU d line? I do actually agree with you, your team will be hard to stop for most.

SD4ever
September 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
With the kind of play calling we have not even SD is a sure thing.. You guys are a good team.

Thanks for what seems to be a fairly sincere comment. Joe Glenn has got them coming on. How strong remains to be seen. They're pretty young yet.

robsnotes4u
September 20th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Yep
9 first downs versus 20 for weber state
256 yards offense versus 306 yards for weber
Scored 3 more than weber
Gave up 447 versus weber 371

So you tell me

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts

Silenoz
September 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM
What the hell is your obsession with the Weber game? NDSU played poorly on the road against a bad-to-average team

SD4ever
September 20th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Not much

Typical two word vocabulary from a Brooksville fan. No big surprise though everything considered. Feel free to visit the Yote board.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 20th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Could your o line really hang with the NDSU d line? I do actually agree with you, your team will be hard to stop for most.

Combined with VA's athleticism, yes. He will almost always be able to escape and give the offense a chance when the OL breaks down.

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Yep
9 first downs versus 20 for weber state
256 yards offense versus 306 yards for weber
Scored 3 more than weber
Gave up 447 versus weber 371

So you tell me

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own factsHoly ****, son.

We played the Bison closer at home than anyone since UNI last year.

We beat the spread by ten points.

You were full of ****.

Period.

robsnotes4u
September 20th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Just the facts just being a realist. Look them up

Great red zone defense

Lol

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Just the facts just being a realist. Look them up

Great red zone defense

Lol

The facts blatantly show you didn't know what you were so vocally talking about. xawesomex

robsnotes4u
September 20th, 2014, 06:30 PM
You are right. I didn't think weber would hold them to less yards and have twice the first downs and more yardage
I admit I was wrong

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 06:31 PM
You are right. I didn't think weber would hold them to less yards and have twice the first downs and more yardage
I admit I was wrong

lol okay brah

Vitojr130
September 20th, 2014, 06:33 PM
So after all the blowout predictions, isn't about time the Griz got just a little respect?

I'd say top 10. Probably around a solid 7 or 8.

robsnotes4u
September 20th, 2014, 06:34 PM
lol okay brah
All in fun

They played a great game. The red zone defense kept them in the game

Thought they had a chance at half time. That interception was a killer

Twentysix
September 20th, 2014, 06:37 PM
#9 is probably about right. I can't believe NDSU is undefeated right now.

mvemjsunpx
September 20th, 2014, 07:25 PM

Gee, can I constantly repeat time-worn cliches too!?

The Bison really came to play today!
Congrats to NoDak State for going the whole 9 yards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They really gave 110% on that whole 9 yards they went after they came to play today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 07:26 PM
All in fun

They played a great game. The red zone defense kept them in the game

Thought they had a chance at half time. That interception was a killer

Aren't you a UND fan BTW?

robsnotes4u
September 20th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Aren't you a UND fan BTW?
Yep went to college there. Grew up a Cat in Montana, wife is a Griz we live in Fargo.

A fan of fcs football

But a realist and don't play fanatic

marenlee
September 20th, 2014, 07:30 PM

Haven't both fanbases been asking for a rematch the past several seasons? Too bad the Eagles keep tripping on the Tampons at Roos field ;)

Thumper 76
September 20th, 2014, 08:13 PM

But then what do I know.

Easy killer. It's a win against a middle to upper middle Big Sky team at home you almost let slip away from you. Just a smidge different from takin out the Bison (from a fan whose team actually did it in the last decade a couple times). The yotes had a good game. Love how they are already going to be challenging for the conference title now xlolx

Wallace
September 20th, 2014, 08:46 PM
I have Montana barely cracking the top 10. Nothing changed my mind in the double digit loss at NDSU.

frozennorth
September 20th, 2014, 08:50 PM

top 15. NDSU homers will think your awesome though because somehow, despite being outplayed in every phase of the game, you managed to keep it within 15.

edit: props to your team on never breaking though. Held on for dear life all game and never fell off. Most teams would have cracked midway through the second.