PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Power Rankings 9-16

JALMOND
September 19th, 2014, 01:14 AM
Yes I know it is quite a bit past 9-16, but a bunch of things going on that prevented me from putting the Big Sky power rankings here. Next week, I'll put it here first. A little bit of clarity from last week has set up some good showdowns this week. Here are this week's rankings (last week in parenthesis). Have at it.

1. Eastern Washington (1)---After a hard start to the year, the Eagles took last week off. Eager to continue where they left off, this week they head out to play at Montana State in a little non-conference conference action.

2. Montana (2)---The Grizzlies found the going a bit more difficult than they thought last weekend against South Dakota, but they still prevailed. This week's challenge is more daunting as they go to North Dakota State.

3. Montana State (3)---The Bobcats dispatched Central Arkansas from the Southland last weekend. This weekend they have a chance to derail the Eastern Washington train in a non-conference tilt.

4. Sacramento State (4)---The Hornets put aside fellow conference member Weber State at home last weekend. They get a possible breather this weekend, welcoming Menlo College. But do they remember Southern Oregon last year?

5. Northern Arizona (6)---The Lumberjacks easily took care of DII New Mexico Highlands at home last weekend. They return to the FCS ranks this weekend with a trip to the Missouri Valley's own South Dakota team.

6. Southern Utah (5)---The Thunderbirds found things a bit difficult last weekend as they fell to the Missouri Valley's South Dakota State team. They play up at FBS level this weekend at Fresno State.

7. Weber State (8)---The Wildcats headed out to Sacramento State last weekend and had a fairly respectable showing before falling in the end. This weekend they head out to the Southland and face Stephen F Austin.

8. UC-Davis (7)---The Aggies stayed within shouting distance of the Mountain West's Colorado State team before succumbing. They get a chance to rest and recoup as they have a bye week this weekend.

9. Cal Poly (9)---The Mustangs took last weekend off to refocus after a slow start and recovering from various suspensions. They get back in the swing of things with a home game against Portland State.

10. Portland State (10)---The Vikings did not see the magic of the Oregon State game in their return to the Pac-12, losing big at Washington State. They get back to their level this weekend on the road at Cal Poly.

11. Idaho State (11)---The Bengals almost let the game get away from them last weekend at home against DII Chadron State. This weekend they get a bye to refocus and prepare for conference action.

12. Northern Colorado (12)---The Bears got all they could handle from FCS newcomer Houston Baptist last weekend. They will need to play much better this weekend as they head out to Northern Iowa.

13. North Dakota (13)---The No-Names took it on the chin last week in big fashion, being rolled by Missouri State. Things don't get any easier, although it is at home, but the team that is coming in is Stony Brook from the CAA.

RECAP: 1 then 2 then 3 then the big pack (4-13).

Rjones61
September 19th, 2014, 01:51 AM
I think at this point, Southern Utah should be lower on the list. They haven't even been competitive against their FCS opponents.

tomq04
September 19th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I think MT St is looking like #2, but we'll see how they fair this weekend, same with the Griz

Catbooster
September 19th, 2014, 11:47 AM
I'd put MSU at #2 and UM at #3 at this point, or at least in the recap say they are neck and neck. But it's still early in the season - lots of time to let it get sorted. If this weekend goes as most expect, with both Montana teams losing, it may still be difficult to separate them.

Rjones61
September 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I think this weekend decides where Montana and Montana St. stand. They both face quality opponents and we will see how they fare against them.