PDA

View Full Version : Big South Picks Week 4

knucklehead
September 18th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Since this fell by the wayside, I thought I'd pick it up. I don't plan it keeping track of who is in the lead and all that, but thought it'd be cool to get back to sharing picks.

So, for Week 4, we have:

Monmouth at Duquesne
Coastal Carolina at Florida A&M
Presbyterian at N.C. State
The Citadel at Charleston Southern
Wofford at Gardner-Webb
Bryant at Liberty

rokamortis
September 18th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Monmouth
Coastal
NC State
Citadel
Gardner-Webb
Liberty

knucklehead
September 18th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Monmouth
Coastal
NC State
Citadel
Wofford
Liberty

Ghost
September 18th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Monmouth at Duquesne
Coastal Carolina at Florida A&M
Presbyterian at N.C. State
The Citadel at Charleston Southern
Wofford at Gardner-Webb
Bryant at Liberty

Beachdude
September 18th, 2014, 02:59 PM
Monmouth
Coastal Carolina
N.C. State
The Citadel
Gardner-Webb
Liberty

I think The Citadel will have extra motivation to win to avoid going 0-3. But CSU will not be a pushover, and I would not be surprised at all if they win this one.

While Wofford is the obvious choice, I just have a gut feeling that GWU will take this one. The Bulldogs played Furman and Wake Forest tight, and I think they surprise the Terriers on Saturday.

Ghost
September 18th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Monmouth
Coastal Carolina
N.C. State
The Citadel
Gardner-Webb
Liberty

I think The Citadel will have extra motivation to win to avoid going 0-3. But CSU will not be a pushover, and I would not be surprised at all if they win this one.

While Wofford is the obvious choice, I just have a gut feeling that GWU will take this one. The Bulldogs played Furman and Wake Forest tight, and I think they surprise the Terriers on Saturday.I'm with you on both the wofford and Citadel games. I think CSU has a chance GWU has a good defense but I don't know if hey have the offense to beat Woffy.

bjtheflamesfan
September 18th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Monmouth vs. Duquesne

The Hawks are making an example of their former NEC rivals as they move to full scholarship football. They keep the ball rolling in the first of 10 straight to finish the season

Coastal Carolina vs. Florida A&M

The boys from Myrtle Beach kept their roll going with a win over South Carolina State, but were outgained in the process. The Rattlers will want to make a statement in the shadow of Doak Campbell Stadium, but CCU makes it 4 in a row and continues on a collision course with Liberty in November

Presbyterian vs. NC State

Three words: Presby gets crushed...

The Citadel vs. Charleston Southern

Ive read a ton of chatter from both sides for this one. This is the biggest game at home for the Bucs, but the Fighting Citdogs get their revenge

Wofford vs. Gardner-Webb

The battle of the pups went the way of the Runnin Bulldogs last year, but with the offensive struggles G-W has had with Kenny Cook injured, I think the Terriers get payback as well

Bryant vs. Liberty

This one probably is tied with CSU vs The Citadel for game of the week in the conference. The Bulldogs from New England are 3-0 and off to one of their best starts since transitioning to Division I, complete with their first top 25 ranking. Liberty Iis back in the rankings (away from AGS) for the first time since 2011 and hopes to improve to 5-0 at Williams Stadium against the Northeast Conference.

If the Flames get off to a good and fast start, say 21-0 like last week against D2 Brevard, they can break the Bulldogs and win easily. if the score stays below the 20s and the deficit under 10 points, it could favor the visitors. I think that while the massive (in comparison to crowds Bryant has faced before) audience will not necessarily generate points, I do think it will play a role (contrary to the thoughts of one of the NEC posters on this board) and the Flames win by 13

kdinva
September 19th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Monmouth 31; Duquesne 28
Coastal Carolina 38; Florida A&M 20
Presbyterian 9; N.C. State 48
The Citadel 27; Charleston Southern 20
Wofford 34; Gardner-Webb 21
Bryant 13; Liberty 28

jayhawkdaddy
September 20th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Monmouth
Coastal Carolina