PDA

View Full Version : JMU-Villanova

Gangtackle11
September 15th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Any chatter, thoughts, or predictions on JMU-Nova?

paward
September 15th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Villanova will win.......That is all!

CHIP72
September 15th, 2014, 08:11 PM
I think Villanova wins solidly (say by 14-17 points). Hopefully I'm right.

RichH2
September 15th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Having seen both,Nova fairly easily,2TDs.

LeadBolt
September 15th, 2014, 09:40 PM
It would be a real surprise if Nova wins by less than two TD's.

HailSzczur
September 15th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Gonna call this one at 37-13 Nova

It will be interesting to see how Robertson's non throwing arm changes his running game. Didn't really hamper him in 2+ quarters vs Fordham. I expect to see them spread the ball through out the back field again

smilo
September 15th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Gonna call this one at 37-13 Nova

It will be interesting to see how Robertson's non throwing arm changes his running game. Didn't really hamper him in 2+ quarters vs Fordham. I expect to see them spread the ball through out the back field again

Is that two field goals? Or a missed PAT? xlolx
I think that sounds about right, but we got the short kicking game down, and surely won't be hitting two field goals so I'll go 38-13

superman7515
September 16th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Anyone going to be there? Superwoman has a bridal shower for a friend to attend and Delaware is off, so I'm doing a double-header with my little brother. JMU @ Villanova then down the road for NCCU @ Towson.

HailSzczur
September 16th, 2014, 08:45 AM
Anyone going to be there? Superwoman has a bridal shower for a friend to attend and Delaware is off, so I'm doing a double-header with my little brother. JMU @ Villanova then down the road for NCCU @ Towson.

I'm always there. With it being parents weekend I'm moving to SF with the family.

Make sure you're in for the national anthem, my groups singing.

JMU2004
September 16th, 2014, 09:17 AM
VU wins, and probably easily. We can't stop the breeze, and VU will run at will.

Our O looks OK, but VU's stack 3-3-5 is made to shut down read option. Lee isn't a good enough passer to keep VU's safeties from creeping up.

45-21 VU, with the majority of that coming before Q4.

jmufan999
September 16th, 2014, 09:22 AM
it's not going to be pretty. our weaknesses have flipped a little. our secondary used to be the problem, now they're playing ok.

it's the run defense and i seriously doubt we can defend the read option. Robertson is going to have a huge, huge, huge day. huge.

if JMU is within 10, i'll be stunned and will consider that a moral victory. 17+ sounds more accurate.

JMUNJ08
September 16th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Gloom & doom JMU supporters prediction continues....

We are tossing out buckets of water as we sink in the run game on D. With that playing right into Nova's strengths, we will need to heavily win the TO battle to have a shot. Also, would be nice if our option QB from Geogia Tech that wanted to throw the ball actually could...

I think we will score, but the goal is of course to score more than your opposition...

jmufan999
September 16th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Gloom & doom JMU supporters prediction continues....

We are tossing out buckets of water as we sink in the run game on D. With that playing right into Nova's strengths, we will need to heavily win the TO battle to have a shot. Also, would be nice if our option QB from Geogia Tech that wanted to throw the ball actually could...

I think we will score, but the goal is of course to score more than your opposition...

i don't see a prediction from you? you're saying there's all gloom and doom from JMU fans, so are you willing to predict a JMU win? let's get you on the record, my friend.

edit: i just re-read your post, maybe i misunderstood you. now i'm wondering if you were throwing out an additional "negative" prediction along with the other JMU fans (like myself) who believe a win will be extremely difficult.

JMUNJ08
September 16th, 2014, 12:41 PM
i don't see a prediction from you? you're saying there's all gloom and doom from JMU fans, so are you willing to predict a JMU win? let's get you on the record, my friend.

edit: i just re-read your post, maybe i misunderstood you. now i'm wondering if you were throwing out an additional "negative" prediction along with the other JMU fans (like myself) who believe a win will be extremely difficult.

Just throwing out my negative prediction for the Dukes this weekend...

I am on the record in the CAA Pick'Em with Nova winning.

If I had to guess a score:

Villanova - 33
JMU - 24

Looking for us to be a +1 in TO margin possibly with a late score to make it closer than the game actually was. Nova misses two XP's (not making 4 FGs...)

CHIP72
September 16th, 2014, 07:53 PM

My planned Villanova doubleheader is later in the season (Saturday 11/15: Harvard at Penn, then Albany at Villanova).

Gangtackle11
September 17th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Villanova -18.5 over JMU

grayghost06
September 18th, 2014, 07:59 AM
This is probably our weakest team in thee last 10 years, certainly from a defensive standpoint. Lots of position changes, youngsters and transfers. New coach with new schemes. And it's not a talent problem- more a cohesion issue. Offensively, we will probably do ok. On defense, we will need to bend but not break and hope for a couple of turnovers. Prediction: Villanova 30- JMU 21

HailSzczur
September 18th, 2014, 09:36 AM
We're getting instant replay for the game

http://www.vuhoops.com/2014/9/18/6395355/caa-football-testing-instant-replay-this-season-villanova-will-host

ngineer
September 19th, 2014, 07:41 PM
I would be surprised if JMU comes within 14 points. I am picking the Wildcats, 38-21.

CHIP72
September 20th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Looking forward to watching Villanova/James Madison on the big screen (on CSN Mid-Atlantic in my case).

Here are the TV clearances for the game:
http://www.caasports.com/documents/2014/9/17/TV_Clearances_9-20.pdf

downbythebeach
September 20th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I think I'm going...anybody else going?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I think I'm going...anybody else going?

Really? Not interested in Temple-Delaware State at the Linc xsmiley_wix

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 20th, 2014, 12:31 PM
14-14 with 12:52 left in the 2nd Qtr.

Red & Black
September 20th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Robertson is pretty efficient, but all this talk about him being better than Adams...no chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 12:51 PM
What a terrible call on the kick off after 21-14. Guy catches ball and steps out of bounds inside the 1yd line and ref rules the kick off was out of bounds clearly not

Red & Black
September 20th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Tough break for Nova there.

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
JMU looks like a different team from the one that squeaked by Lehigh two weeks ago

Red & Black
September 20th, 2014, 01:00 PM
wtf was that? :(

CHIP72
September 20th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Really? Not interested in Temple-Delaware State at the Linc xsmiley_wix

Hey, it's a tight 42-0 game with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter!xlolx

CHIP72
September 20th, 2014, 01:06 PM
JMU looks like a different team from the one that squeaked by Lehigh two weeks ago

What do these results...

*Villanova crushing Fordham
*James Madison edging Lehigh
*James Madison leading Villanova at halftime

...say about Fordham?

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Robertson is not himself today. He looks hesitant. Think the glove on his hand is hampering him

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 01:12 PM
What do these results...

...say about Fordham?

That you can't judge teams by matching up scores? :D

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Anyone care to explain the 4th down fumble rule?

paward
September 20th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Just saw this score.......in my late loving grandmother's word "what in the be Jesus going on"?

Fordham
September 20th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Jeez, I've been watching for 2 mins and I've seen a few huge drops already for 'Nova

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 01:54 PM
4 kevin guylas is looking like another number 4 coming across the middle.

Cats finally got their swagger back

CHIP72
Anyone care to explain the 4th down fumble rule?

If the offensive team recovers their own fumble, they cannot advance it and the ball is spotted at the location of the fumble. If the offensive team has gained enough yards for a 1st down prior to the fumble, they retain possession, otherwise the defensive team gets the ball.

HailSzczur
Time out JMU. Nova got the dukes on their heels again. Game on

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 01:58 PM
4 kevin guylas is looking like another number 4 coming across the middle.

Cats finally got their swagger back

He was that kind of athlete in HS helping to win PA state championship

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 02:08 PM
I hope our DB bought the JMU receiver drinks before getting that handsy with him. The was textbook pass interefence

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 02:10 PM
He was that kind of athlete in HS helping to win PA state championship

I mean he'd have to be to set the State receiving record

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I mean he'd have to be to set the State receiving record

Having an all state QB that went to U of SC certainly helps

CHIP72
September 20th, 2014, 02:24 PM
There is a distinct chance the Temple/Delaware State game that started at 1 PM will end before the Villanova/James Madison game that started at 12:30 PM.

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 02:32 PM
Clinical drive from JMU here....but where's the urgency in the play calling? Down 3 score with 10 min

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 02:41 PM
I think every team would wish they had a QB that could play like Robertson with a broken hand.

HailSzczur
September 20th, 2014, 02:54 PM
This is some KC Keeler BS. Spiking and calling timeouts down 18 with 5 seconds to go?

superman7515
September 20th, 2014, 11:51 PM
What do these results...

...say about Fordham?

I was there and once Livers went out and Robertson was playing hurt, it was a different ballgame for a while. That being said, after putting the ugly 2nd quarter behind them, Villanova played pretty solid ball. I think that was more of a fluke quarter with everything that was in flux, but they outscored JMU 42-10 outside of that period. They made the adjustments at halftime and moved the ball very well, the defense stepped back up, and they just went back to business.

CHIP72
September 21st, 2014, 07:33 AM
I was there and once Livers went out and Robertson was playing hurt, it was a different ballgame for a while. That being said, after putting the ugly 2nd quarter behind them, Villanova played pretty solid ball. I think that was more of a fluke quarter with everything that was in flux, but they outscored JMU 42-10 outside of that period. They made the adjustments at halftime and moved the ball very well, the defense stepped back up, and they just went back to business.

Oh, I agree about Villanova and James Madison; turnovers and poor defense hurt the Wildcats in the 1st half, especially the 2nd quarter. My comment really had more to do with assessing how good Fordham is this year.

To Fordham's credit, they crushed in-city rival Columbia in their opener (though to be fair to Columbia and the other Ivy League teams, they are at a real disadvantage by starting their seasons 2-3 weeks after everybody else).

Nova09
September 21st, 2014, 09:29 AM
Robertson is pretty efficient, but all this talk about him being better than Adams...no chance.

Yeah, who would want 22-27 for 337 yards and 4 TD/0 INT + threat of 100 yards rushing any game when you could have 25-43 for 358 yards and 2 TD/2 INT?

JK, I don't recall anyone arguing that Robertson was better than VA, just that he deserved in the top 3.

Of course, Robertson against EWU D is definitely a better QB than VA against Nova D xsmiley_wix