PDA

View Full Version : Montana at NDSU 9/20

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2014, 07:57 PM
It's game week so let's get the discussion going on one of the biggest inter-conference regular season matchups of the season.

I think one of the key matchups is going to be who controls the line of scrimmage between NDSU's O-line and Montana's front 7 in the run game. Montana gave up some good yards on the ground against both USD and Wyoming and they'll face a better ground attack this Saturday. On the other hand, NDSU hasn't exactly been running between the tackles at will these last couple weeks even though they're still ripping off a pretty hefty average yards per rush.

On the other side, I think Jordan Johnson is going to be the main reason the Griz either win or lose this game. NDSU showed some vulnerability to QB scrambles against Iowa St so they'll need to keep Johnson contained. It seems the Bison D-line hasn't missed a beat even with 3 new starters that haven't little or no experience before this year but the run game Montana brings is the best the Bison have seen to this point. I still think Johnson is more likely to hurt the Bison on the ground than Van or Canada.

All in all Montana saw basically the same schemes NDSU will throw at them a couple weeks ago down in Laramie but the difference is this NDSU team is more experienced and, IMO, more talented than that Wyoming team so I'd expect a Bison victory but it's a great matchup nonetheless. If Montana can possess the ball for good chunks of time in the 1st half it'll help them out immensely later in the game. If they can't and they allow NDSU to control the ball this may turn into a one-sided affair once they get into the 2nd half.

knucklehead
September 14th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Gameday should have come for this one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 08:14 PM
NDSU coaches have been mixing up the O-line combinations these first 3 games. Actually IMO, they should put Plankers in at Guard and remove Schueller.

All 3 of NDSU's opponents have stacked the box to stop the run....UIW had 9 guys within 3 yards of the line in most running situations yesterday. I suspect UM will stack the box at times but NDSU's play-action will keep them honest.

I don't think UM's offense can consistently move the ball against the Bison defense. As for JJ running.....Beck and Littlejohn are fast as heck and will be able to cover any scrambling that JJ does. If JJ can move the chains throwing and running for 1st downs, the Bison will be in trouble. For UM, make Wentz beat you.

For the Bison it is the same formula. Run the ball and play sound Tampa-2 defense. Play the field position game with LeCompte.

My 2$:

Keys for the Griz:

1. Stop the run
2. JJ needs to extend plays with his feet. If there is nothing open, run the ball to move the chains.
3. Score first and make NDSU play catch up.
4. NO TURNOVERS

Keys for the Bison:

1. Play field position
2. Keep the Griz defense honest by throwing down field once in awhile.
3. Cut down on the penalties they have had the 1st 3 games.
4. LBers stay assignment sharp and contain JJ

I really think the Bison win this going away but if they screw around with penalties and turnovers they will lose.

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Gameday should have come for this one.
We all agree on that but we weren't asked what we wanted xthumbsupx

Yotes
September 14th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Montana is going to need more than 11 guys on the field to come close in this one.

Theee Catrabbit
September 14th, 2014, 08:20 PM
NDSU wins this by 3 or 4 touchdowns......Montana looked like horse**** against USD with their 2nd string QB! This is going to be an unapologetic shellacking. That being said I hope for a very competitive foot-ball game.

Grizalltheway
September 14th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I like the physical play we've seen from both our offensive and defensive lines so far. Zach Wagenmann already has 6 sacks through 3 games, and it'll be interesting to see what he can do against what I assume is a big and physical Bison O-line.

Johnson definitely needs to be sharper than he was in his first two games, and they need to do a better job of getting the ball to Van out in space. Even against fast defenses, he has the speed and moves to bust open big plays.

Should be a good old fashioned slobber-knocker, and the Griz will need to play their best game of the season to get out of there with a win.

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU wins this by 3 or 4 touchdowns......Montana looked like horse**** against USD with their 2nd string QB! This is going to be an unapologetic shellacking. That being said I hope for a very competitive foot-ball game.

All this butthurt. 2009 was 5 years ago, time to move on.

Silenoz
September 14th, 2014, 08:27 PM
28-14 Bison. Montana misses 10 field goals.

Silenoz
September 14th, 2014, 08:30 PM
All this butthurt. 2009 was 5 years ago, time to move on.
+ rep

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 08:35 PM
28-14 Bison. Montana misses 10 field goals.

Sarcasm?

Kicking in a dome is pretty nice for kickers....

skinny_uncle
September 14th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Bison by 4 TDs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 08:46 PM
Bison by 4 TDs.

I'll take it....xthumbsupx

NDSUtk
September 14th, 2014, 08:59 PM
NDSU's defense should stifle Montana. NDSU needs to clean up the penalties though. I thought going into the season the D-Line might be a liability, but so far, it has been anything but.

Silenoz
September 14th, 2014, 09:00 PM
Sarcasm?

Well seeing as how our kicker collective has hit 8 of their last 19, 2 of those against CWU, that doesn't re-assure me much

Grizalltheway
September 14th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Sarcasm?

Our kickers wouldn't make most Pop Warner teams.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Our kickers wouldn't make most Pop Warner teams.

Serious question?

Does Wa-Griz stadium have big wind gusts coming thru the stadium?

Silenoz
September 14th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Serious question?

Does Wa-Griz stadium have big wind gusts coming thru the stadium?

If only...
(Meant to link 5:22 but I'm at work and can't tell what loads)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L9T7wZGTMXo#t=0

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Sarcasm?

You probably didn't see that game last night.

Houndawg
Bison by 4 TDs.

This. 38-10.

FCS Go!
Sarcasm?

Wait until you see the Griz kickers. There are (at least) three and the coaches think it's cute to rotate a new one in every quarter. Part of their confidence building program...

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 09:11 PM
You probably didn't see that game last night.

No. Bad kicks?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait until you see the Griz kickers. There are (at least) three and the coaches think it's cute to rotate a new one in every quarter. Part of their confidence building program...

OK...I see.

Domes are still nice for even struggling kicking games...xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 09:11 PM
No. Bad kicks?

- - - Updated - - -

OK...I see.

Domes are still nice for even struggling kicking games...xthumbsupx

Understatement

mvemjsunpx
September 14th, 2014, 09:34 PM
This is a game the Bison should probably win, but they don't seem to have the offense to make it a blowout. Something like 20-10 is my expectation.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 09:40 PM
This is a game the Bison should probably win, but they don't seem to have the offense to make it a blowout. Something like 20-10 is my expectation.

You must be thinking about another team. One not scoring 38.7 per game and allowing 7 per game.

FargoBison
September 14th, 2014, 09:43 PM

Umm.....What?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547840

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 09:47 PM
With Montana's schedule we might be pitching a season shutout at about 45 ppg

mvemjsunpx
September 14th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Umm.....What?

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=400547840

The Bison did play well against Iowa State, I'll give them that…

But I watched the Weber game. An awful Weber D really stifled NDSU's offense until late in the game. And the Incarnate Word game means little—many FCS teams could put up 50+ points on the Cardinals.

robsnotes4u
September 14th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Sat at home last night with an Ex-Griz player watching the Griz/Yote game, after it was all said and done, we both had the same conclusion, the Griz will not be within 40 points. This is not going to be pretty. Almost happy we had to give up our tickets.

I watch every FCS game I can fit in, but he knows football. Hopefully JJ comes out alive.

Tough being BSC fans living in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 10:06 PM
The Bison did play well against Iowa State, I'll give them that…

But I watched the Weber game. An awful Weber D really stifled NDSU's offense until late in the game. And the Incarnate Word game means little—many FCS teams could put up 50+ points on the Cardinals.

*cough* DII *cough*

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Sat at home last night with an Ex-Griz player watching the Griz/Yote game, after it was all said and done, we both had the same conclusion, the Griz will not be within 40 points. This is not going to be pretty. Almost happy we had to give up our tickets.

I watch every FCS game I can fit in, but he knows football. Hopefully JJ comes out alive.

Aw come on! I can't wait to meet my favorite Griz AGSers

MTfan4life
September 14th, 2014, 10:18 PM

What I'm confused about is that the Griz keep getting labeled for one game against South Dakota, but NDSU didn't play that great against a Weber State team that gave up 42 points in its following game. NDSU is way better than the team you saw play Weber State. Couldn't Montana also be better than the team you saw play South Dakota? While I don't disagree that NDSU is heavily favored to win by double digits, I don't get how Montana continues to be rated by just one game.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I'm going to say the same thing I said for The Wedge.

The Griz already played the same type of schemes against an NDSU-type team in Wyoming...without the same personnel. The NDSU personnel were recruited for this type of system and the Wyo players were recruited for a spread type system that didn't want to play defense. If Montana was only able to score 12 points against a Craig Bohl defense without his players...imagine what the Griz will be able to do against a Chris Klieman (who had the top defense the past three years, remember) lead defense that HAS the players he wants in the system.

Plus I've only seen good things out of Carson Wentz other than a poorly played half against Weber State last week.

I see NDSU walking away with this one, unless they shoot themselves in the foot with penalties or turnovers.

robsnotes4u
September 14th, 2014, 10:26 PM
What I'm confused about is that the Griz keep getting labeled for one game against South Dakota, but NDSU didn't play that great against a Weber State team that gave up 42 points in its following game. While I don't disagree that NDSU is heavily favored to win by double digits, I don't get how Montana continues to be rated by just one game.

Not rating them on one game. I watched all of the games and my ex griz friend then discuss the games.

I did watch the Wyoming Oregon game also. That was pretty close to USD Wyoming..

I would love to see the Griz win but it just will not happen.

Fortunately for the teams, games are not won on a message board, but on the field.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
September 14th, 2014, 10:27 PM
The O-line is still a big question in my mind. Dont know anything about Montana but I expect them to play up and I think this game will be closer than many think.

Griz0383
September 14th, 2014, 10:47 PM
I can't wait for this game! I believe in the GRIZ and this game will be epic. I will be in the stands a with my griz bothers and will support my team until the end. I can't wait to party with the Bison fans!!! The FARGO DOME will ROCK and the GRIZ live for that environment!! We have played be best FCS has to offer for many years and win or lose I still love my GRIZ! Remember, It’s a game and nothing more! NEVER forget that! A GAME where they all fans and players walk away as winners! Lets pray for our soldiers that will soon take on ISIS and that craziness in the middle east. Together Lets focus on kicking their $#%@ING ass and send them back in to the stone ages!! Go Griz , GO NDSU and go USA! Griz 38 NDSU 34

No_Skill
September 14th, 2014, 10:51 PM
I can't wait for this game! I believe in the GRIZ and this game will be epic. I will be in the stands a with my griz bothers and will support my team until the end. I can't wait to party with the Bison fans!!! The FARGO DOME will ROCK and the GRIZ live for that environment!! We have played be best FCS has to offer for many years and win or lose I still love my GRIZ! Remember, It’s a game and nothing more! NEVER forget that! A GAME where they all fans and players walk away as winners! Lets pray for our soldiers that will soon take on ISIS and that craziness in the middle east. Together Lets focus on kicking their $#%@ING ass and send them back in to the stone ages!! Go Griz , GO NDSU and go USA! Griz 38 NDSU 34

You shouldn't be drinking caffeine this late at night.

MTfan4life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQd7g565e2I

Griz0383

thebootfitter
September 14th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Griz 38 NDSU 34
If the Griz score 38 points, why... I'll eat my shorts. Maybe I'll eat your shorts too. While it is theoretically possible... So is the existence of Big Foot or Nessie.

citdog
September 14th, 2014, 10:56 PM
Someone is going to get "eviscerated by pointed remarks".

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Someone is going to get "eviscerated by pointed remarks".

Grizo? xlolx

veinup
September 14th, 2014, 11:07 PM
agree that this could get ugly. glad i'll be out backpacking instead of having to watch it. that said, go griz, god bless you.

tjamz
September 14th, 2014, 11:38 PM
But I watched the Weber game. An awful Weber D really stifled NDSU's offense until late in the game.

I agree actually, but sometimes teams just happen to have you dialed in when they play you. Weber did very well against the NDSU offense, but NDSU eventually figured things out and pulled away.

Grizalltheway
September 14th, 2014, 11:43 PM
I agree actually, but sometimes teams just happen to have you dialed in when they play you. Weber did very well against the NDSU offense, but NDSU eventually figured things out and pulled away.

So NDSU gets to use this excuse, but we don't?

citdog
September 14th, 2014, 11:44 PM

What a "waste of protoplasm"

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2014, 06:58 AM
I'm going to say the same thing I said for The Wedge.

The Griz already played the same type of schemes against an NDSU-type team in Wyoming...without the same personnel. The NDSU personnel were recruited for this type of system and the Wyo players were recruited for a spread type system that didn't want to play defense. If Montana was only able to score 12 points against a Craig Bohl defense without his players...imagine what the Griz will be able to do against a Chris Klieman (who had the top defense the past three years, remember) lead defense that HAS the players he wants in the system.

Plus I've only seen good things out of Carson Wentz other than a poorly played half against Weber State last week.

I see NDSU walking away with this one, unless they shoot themselves in the foot with penalties or turnovers.

This here...good post.

NDSU wins this going away. After watching that Wyo/UM game, NDSU is way better than Wyo.

NDSU can lose this game but it will take multiple turnovers for it to happen.

kalm
September 15th, 2014, 07:07 AM
I would pick NDSU by a couple of scores, but it will be interesting to watch. I agree on getting Van in space and it would seem like spreading out the field with 3 and 4 wr's or using some double TE w/two wide sets might help a bit.

For the Griz to have a chance, JJ needs to play great and make plays with his feet, and the Griz secondary needs to also step it up.

Gulp…Go Griz...

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2014, 07:21 AM
Will this game be streamed?

tjamz
September 15th, 2014, 07:38 AM

Fair point, but the difference is that Montana squeaked by the MVFC cellar dweller that is USD by 8 points (allowing 20 points) whereas NDSU had a 17 point win and allowed just 7 points.... in the first quarter. Do I guarantee a win? No. I don't. I never do. But based on recent history I trust that our defense will be able to keep any FCS offense in check and that our offense will do what is necessary to stay in the game and eventually wear down the opposing defense.

robsnotes4u
September 15th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Will this game be streamed?

It will be on ESPN3. Here also, http://www.gobison.com/watch/?Live=281 but I am sure you pay for that one

penguinpower
September 15th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Bison shut them out. 34-0

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 08:01 AM

That doesn't really fit. USD stuck with you the whole game. They had the ball with a chance to tie at the end. Weber never scored after the first quarter.

superman7515
September 15th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Montana opens as 3.5 point road favorites.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2014, 08:03 AM

Grab Montana now before that moves up to a touchdown!!

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Bison shut them out. 34-0
Uhmm NO! While I'd love to see it I'm also realistic. This isn't Incarnate Word coming to visit. This is a historically good program that has a lot of pride. I expect a good game.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2014, 08:10 AM
What I'm confused about is that the Griz keep getting labeled for one game against South Dakota, but NDSU didn't play that great against a Weber State team that gave up 42 points in its following game. NDSU is way better than the team you saw play Weber State. Couldn't Montana also be better than the team you saw play South Dakota? While I don't disagree that NDSU is heavily favored to win by double digits, I don't get how Montana continues to be rated by just one game.I don't get that either and I don't see this NDSU team like I did last year. If this was last years team I'd be saying yes double digits. We've had one good game against a Big Ten team that historically has been bad. Yes they've shown some life playing a good game against KState and beating Iowa but the Big ten is down this year over all and I just can't go by one game by this NDSU team. This last weekends game was against a bad FCS team that is just getting started. I hope I'm wrong and this NDSU team comes out guns blazing and proves me wrong but for all the NDSU fans going on like we are never going to lose another game this years MVFC slate is going to be brutal. NDSU is a good team but I need to see more games with dominance before I say we repeat as FCS champions. The target is huge on NDSU's back and every team is going to be the one that wants to knock NDSU off it's perch atop the FCS. We can't have the sloppy play we did this last weekend or the week before if were going to beat Montana.

BISON Thunder
September 15th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I don't get that either and I don't see this NDSU team like I did last year. If this was last years team I'd be saying yes double digits. We've had one good game against a Big Ten team that historically has been bad. Yes they've shown some life playing a good game against KState and beating Iowa but the Big ten is down this year over all and I just can't go by one game by this NDSU team. This last weekends game was against a bad FCS team that is just getting started. I hope I'm wrong and this NDSU team comes out guns blazing and proves me wrong but for all the NDSU fans going on like we are never going to lose another game this years MVFC slate is going to be brutal. NDSU is a good team but I need to see more games with dominance before I say we repeat as FCS champions. The target is huge on NDSU's back and every team is going to be the one that wants to knock NDSU off it's perch atop the FCS. We can't have the sloppy play we did this last weekend or the week before if were going to beat Montana.

I am with you on this. After Saturday's game, I suggested to my wife that if the Bison do not play with more discipline I can see 3-4 losses. After getting slapped and berated, we had a nice dinner.

Theee Catrabbit
September 15th, 2014, 09:23 AM
No offense but you have to beat Montana or no MVFC poster will ever come back to this sitexdrunkyx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Can anyone tell me the last time Montana won a big game against a tough opponent on the road? I'm wondering when the last time they won a big (non BOTW) game at all.

Then again, they haven't beaten NDSU since the 1940's

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Can anyone tell me the last time Montana won a big game against a tough opponent on the road? I'm wondering when the last time they won a big (non BOTW) game at all.

Then again, they haven't beaten NDSU since the 1940's

We knocked off #1 seed JMU on the road in the 2008 semifinals.

Now, can you tell us the last time you weren't a condescending douche?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 09:34 AM

saxbison
September 15th, 2014, 09:36 AM

Are you serious or just trying to ruffle feathers? If you're serious I want to know where I can get that action.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 09:37 AM
We knocked off #1 seed JMU on the road in the 2008 semifinals.

Now, can you tell us the last time you weren't a condescending douche?

So, 6 years ago before Father Time became the head coach and all of these kids were in high school.

kalm
September 15th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Didn't they beat decent Cat teams in Bozeman a couple of times recently?

Bison56
September 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I don't get that either and I don't see this NDSU team like I did last year. If this was last years team I'd be saying yes double digits. We've had one good game against a Big Ten team that historically has been bad. Yes they've shown some life playing a good game against KState and beating Iowa but the Big ten is down this year over all and I just can't go by one game by this NDSU team. This last weekends game was against a bad FCS team that is just getting started. I hope I'm wrong and this NDSU team comes out guns blazing and proves me wrong but for all the NDSU fans going on like we are never going to lose another game this years MVFC slate is going to be brutal. NDSU is a good team but I need to see more games with dominance before I say we repeat as FCS champions. The target is huge on NDSU's back and every team is going to be the one that wants to knock NDSU off it's perch atop the FCS. We can't have the sloppy play we did this last weekend or the week before if were going to beat Montana.

Could not agree more.

tailg8r
September 15th, 2014, 10:07 AM

He said tough opponent ;)

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 10:08 AM

Where can I get in on that action!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 10:10 AM

I was discounting that game because Montana State has a **** the bed complex when it comes to Montana.

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM
No, we're just better than them.

Not that that's saying very much.

robsnotes4u
September 15th, 2014, 10:18 AM
What does historically good have to do with anything? Historically, I was an awesome wrestler, now if I got on the mat I would get punished.

The game is played on the field NOW, not with past teams, players, or coaches.

Just remember, if your team loses, Champions do not make excuses.

Twentysix
September 15th, 2014, 10:19 AM
31-14 NDSU. Montana misses 3 FGs with 2 different kickers. Mark it down!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
What does historically good have to do with anything? Historically, I was an awesome wrestler, now if I got on the mat I would get punished.

The game is played on the field NOW, not with past teams, players, or coaches.

Just remember, if your team loses, Champions do not make excuses.

Well if you ask your average Montana fan, they seem to bring up the past A LOT. So.....just sayin'

Silenoz
September 15th, 2014, 10:32 AM

We beat #1 MSU on the road 36-10 in 2011. They promptly embarrassed themselves in the playoffs so... take the quality of that win as you will

- - - Updated - - -

Well if you ask your average Montana fan, they seem to bring up the past A LOT. So.....just sayin'
I'm pretty sure NDSU fans have brought up the 2003 game somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000,000,000,000 times over the last 3 years. Just sayin'

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM

It was actually a Bison fan who referred to us as an historically good team.

AmsterBison
September 15th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Hah! I've seen the FargoDome make average kickers look like All-Americans too many times to believe that.

robsnotes4u
I am a BSC fan and I agree if you read a fan message board

If you get away from the teams message board you will find a lot of knowledgeable people who aren't high on the griz and their ranking.

This game brings us #1 vs #2, not in ability but in arrogance of team message boards.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts

putter

this I can see happening....xembarrassedx

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2014, 10:53 AM

So do NDSU fans....see DII....Just sayin

semobison
September 15th, 2014, 10:55 AM

Backer, Great post! Since the Iowa State game some of our fans think this team is on par with the 2013 team? We have had more offensive penalties the last two games than I can remember. Our O-line has play is not even close to last season...yet. The good news is our defense may be just as good as last year. I see a low scoring game with a Griz team that has a lot of talent. We may hold them to under 10 points.

centennial
September 15th, 2014, 10:57 AM
To me Montana hasn't shown what it would take to beat NDSU. As a team, yes we haven't been as consistent and have given up stupid penalties. I've watched 3 NDSU games and 2 Montana games, there is a stark difference in the level of play. I am a lot more afraid of 4 MVFC teams + EWU or Villanova or McNesse.

semobison
September 15th, 2014, 11:10 AM
To me Montana hasn't shown what it would take to beat NDSU. As a team, yes we haven't been as consistent and have given up stupid penalties. I've watched 3 NDSU games and 2 Montana games, there is a stark difference in the level of play. I am a lot more afraid of 4 MVFC teams + EWU or Villanova or McNesse.

The level of play we had in the Iowa State game was better than what I have seen from the Griz this season. The Weber game, not so much. The Word game...everybody would look good against the Word.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2014, 11:11 AM

While I don't disagree with the MVFC comment after watching NDSU struggle with Weber and how an improved USD made Montana work for the "W" I don't see the huge over the top confidence factor so many NDSU fans have to beat a decent Montana football team. Yeah maybe they are over rated but who's to say after the watching NDSU make some really bad plays on Special teams, Lots of stupid penalties and struggle to run effectively against a bad FCS team in UIW that maybe we are over confident? Why should I be so over the top confident with this NDSU team so far? We've played one good game against a bad big ten team. Yes we have the players and they have the talent to make another run at the playoffs and a championship but they have to play much more disciplined than they did the last two weeks.

Go Bison
September 15th, 2014, 11:18 AM
If the game is close late in the game advantage to the Bison. Until a team can dominate NDSU for 4 quarters you have to like the Bison's chances. With that being said I am not overly confident in the Bison offense yet. I see teams stacking the box to shut down the run. Weber State did a good job of this. The big question I have is if NDSU's running game falters can the passing game pickup the slack. Sometimes you need to pass first to setup the run.

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 11:20 AM
The level of play we had in the Iowa State game was better than what I have seen from the Griz this season. The Weber game, not so much. The Word game...everybody would look good against the Word.

Agreed. I think we have enough size, speed, talent, etc on both sides of the ball to give the Bison a game, but unless all of that comes together for 4 quarters (which it hasn't yet), and we figure out something (anything) with the kicking game, then I don't see us getting a win.

THE HERD
September 15th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Iowa St is a Big XII team, just sayin and they are looking better each week. Should have beaten number 20 Kstate and did beat Iowa. That being said I too have concerns on our O-line play due to penalties and inconsistencies as some have said. If our O-line plays like the second half of the Cyclone game I say we win by double digits, if they play as they have the last two games its gonna be a tight game. Ultimately though if we don't turn the ball over we get the W.

X-Factor
September 15th, 2014, 11:31 AM
I'm just excited to see the game live. Despite the difference in the two programs in recent years, the Griz are still a marque match up for the Bison. If they weren't, we might just throw in the towel and go FBS cuz you're not going to mind a more storied opponent at this level of football.

I hope both teams walk off the field in the 4th with no injuries!!!

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2014, 11:32 AM
If the game is close late in the game advantage to the Bison. Until a team can dominate NDSU for 4 quarters you have to like the Bison's chances. With that being said I am not overly confident in the Bison offense yet. I see teams stacking the box to shut down the run. Weber State did a good job of this. The big question I have is if NDSU's running game falters can the passing game pickup the slack. Sometimes you need to pass first to setup the run.

So far I've only seen one team somewhat excel when they stacked the box: Weber State. Carson tried to force a ball and got picked off, other than that half I've seen him beat the defenses and our O-line still starts leaning on teams in the 4th quarter anyway.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 11:40 AM
We also have to remember that the inconsistency in the O Line has been a result of a lot of experimentation. The coaches have been evaluating who will work and who won't. You will see the results of that experimentation this week forward.

F'N Hawks
September 15th, 2014, 11:44 AM
NDSU is going to work Montana over. The Griz OL is too young/decimated to get anything done in this one, IMO.

semobison
September 15th, 2014, 11:50 AM
NDSU is going to work Montana over. The Griz OL is too young/decimated to get anything done in this one, IMO.

When you look at match ups in this game, IMO this is where the Bison have the biggest advantage. Our defensive front 7 is going to give the Griz O line more than it can handle.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Iowa St is a Big XII team, just sayin and they are looking better each week. Should have beaten number 20 Kstate and did beat Iowa. That being said I too have concerns on our O-line play due to penalties and inconsistencies as some have said. If our O-line plays like the second half of the Cyclone game I say we win by double digits, if they play as they have the last two games its gonna be a tight game. Ultimately though if we don't turn the ball over we get the W.

Yeah I keep saying BigX and I know better. Either way they have been a cellar dweller for a long time. I think they are better than the 1-2 record shows though. They should have won that KState game. Either way I just hope our coaches keep the players focused and the players play up to their ability. That and I hope for a injury free game. Looking forward to meeting some of the Griz posters at the tailgating.

Gil Dobie
September 15th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Urzendowski will be the difference in this game. Polish Lightning out of Omaha, Nebraska.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 12:09 PM
What up....Urzendowski. :D

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 12:10 PM
NDSU has better special teams, that will probably win it form them.

Other than that its a draw, our D vs Bison O = Griz O vs Bison D

Cleets
September 15th, 2014, 12:28 PM
NDSU has better special teams, that will probably win it form them.

Other than that its a draw, our D vs Bison O = Griz O vs Bison D

I know you're just "Trolling" here ^ but wow...
I've got this game: 24-7 Bison

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Well then I will check back Monday and let you know how wrong you were......since you were just "fishin"

Silenoz
September 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Either someone else is posting on his account, or he's trying to make us think someone is (for some reason)

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 12:46 PM

You also claimed the coaches "wouldn't have the team ready to play" at the start of the season, which clearly hasn't been the case. So excuse me while I throw back a few grains of salt. xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2014, 01:10 PM
We also have to remember that the inconsistency in the O Line has been a result of a lot of experimentation. The coaches have been evaluating who will work and who won't. You will see the results of that experimentation this week forward.

This here. For all of the online bashing I think some of you Bison fans need to realize that both of the coaches of these last two teams said they were determined to stop the run. I don't care what kind of talent is on the defense but when there are 9-10 defenders 3 yards off the ball, you are not going to run for 300 yards. Plus the coaches are mixing up the online to find out what works. Klieman said they would do this the first 4 games. With the running game and short passing game working, UM will have a tough time stopping the Bison.

IMO the Bison defense will be fine. Not many teams have scored over20 points on the Bison and I don't think the Griz will either.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 01:25 PM
No, its Cleets, he likes to stalk me the same way Jizzalltheway does.....plus I think the Yuppie State Fighting Irons have a bye this week.

kingranch
September 15th, 2014, 01:34 PM
lets go back to last year, ndsu put a beating on lcoastal Carolina worse than ed Norton did to the kid who tried to steal his stereo in American history x. Montana was beaten by this team, now I know we both lost some good seniors not only to graduation but the nfl as well, question is with the returning talent who is looking better? I would say our o line is WAY better than the griz. we are returning an all world Defensive end as is the griz, our linebackers are head and shoulder above the griz due to retention over graduation. It appears we have had no dropoff in running backs, receivers, tight ends, or fullback. Ndsu is going to roll big time in this game.

Cleets
September 15th, 2014, 01:35 PM
xsmhx

I can't even troll anymore around here...
(sad days)

I'm still going with 24-7 Bison

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 01:40 PM
lets go back to last year, ndsu put a beating on lcoastal Carolina worse than ed Norton did to the kid who tried to steal his stereo in American history x. Montana was beaten by this team, now I know we both lost some good seniors not only to graduation but the nfl as well, question is with the returning talent who is looking better? I would say our o line is WAY better than the griz. we are returning an all world Defensive end as is the griz, our linebackers are head and shoulder above the griz due to retention over graduation. It appears we have had no dropoff in running backs, receivers, tight ends, or fullback. Ndsu is going to roll big time in this game.

I disagree, but reppies for the Ed Norton line.

putter
September 15th, 2014, 02:14 PM
When you look at match ups in this game, IMO this is where the Bison have the biggest advantage. Our defensive front 7 is going to give the Griz O line more than it can handle.

It would take a miracle, but if our coaching staff can work up a solid gameplan they can negate this advantage somewhat.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 02:19 PM
It would take a miracle, but if our coaching staff can work up a solid gameplan they can negate this advantage somewhat.

Literally dozens have tried.

In the Klieman era (DBs/DC/HC) NDSU opponents have averaged 11.6 ppg.

That's 48 games.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM
By the time pour coaching staff figures out we cant run the ball against NDSU, Montana will have had its bye week.

putter
September 15th, 2014, 02:29 PM
By the time pour coaching staff figures out we cant run the ball against NDSU, Montana will have had its bye week.

That is why I used the word, miracle......

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 02:30 PM
That is why I used the word, miracle......

Yes, but you forgot to get on your knees and slob Klieman's knob.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Bison really need to clean up the penalties. 28 in 3 games won't get it done against top tier teams. I'm hoping we've found a solid 5-7 oline guys and the constant rotations can stop to eliminate some of the issues with penalties and running game. Seems like NDSU tends to play up or down depending on the competition. That could bite us against a weaker opponent (ISUb-2012) but the Griz will not be over looked by any means and I expect NDSU to come out jacked up for this one much like the Iowa State game. The only action I've seen from the Griz was the Wyo game and that was pretty ugly. Going off that and the box score against USD, if both teams play up to their potential I would say the Bison win 31-14.

Hopefully both teams can put on a great game and come out of it healthy heading into conference play.

GetEmGriz
September 15th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Bison really need to clean up the penalties. 28 in 3 games won't get it done against top tier teams. I'm hoping we've found a solid 5-7 oline guys and the constant rotations can stop to eliminate some of the issues with penalties and running game. Seems like NDSU tends to play up or down depending on the competition. That could bite us against a weaker opponent (ISUb-2012) but the Griz will not be over looked by any means and I expect NDSU to come out jacked up for this one much like the Iowa State game. The only action I've seen from the Griz was the Wyo game and that was pretty ugly. Going off that and the box score against USD, if both teams play up to their potential I would say the Bison win 31-14.

Hopefully both teams can put on a great game and come out of it healthy heading into conference play.

If both teams play up to their potential, this game will come down to a touchdown.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2014, 03:15 PM
If both teams play up to their potential, this game will come down to a touchdown.

I disagree.xpeacex

ursus arctos horribilis
September 15th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Sarcasm?

I wish we had one then cuz that sounds nice.

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Citdog is a kicker.....Sign him up!!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 03:35 PM

Its unslobbable......ask any NDSU fan

No, you failed

- - - Updated - - -

Kicker?

I thought he was a catcher?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2014, 03:46 PM

how can he do that with those short little legs?

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/48/be/58/48be58e06e850698099519bfdeae8abe.jpg

citdog
September 15th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Its unslobbable......ask any NDSU fan

No, you failed

- - - Updated - - -

Kicker?

I thought he was a catcher?

Only for dback.

Although that goatee looks pretty good on you........

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Only for dback.

Although that goatee looks pretty good on you........

So do Ducati multistradas, brunette chicks and semi auto handguns..........whats your point?

dewey
September 15th, 2014, 10:05 PM
It was very interesting to me that Wyoming ran for 209 yards and stuffed the Montana running game (42 yards) in their week 1 match up. If Montana can't run the ball against a Craig Bowl coached defense at Wyoming there is no way they will be able to against a far better defense in NDSU.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=400548179&version=mobile

Seeing the statistics for the Wyoming Montana game is very indicative on how the game will go this weekend.

I would imagine that Montana will try to take advantage of the short passing game similar to what Weber State did against NDSU because if JJ sits back there long enough Kyle Emanuel and the rest of the pass rush will get there and punish him. I wonder how many times the coaches have watched the Wyoming and South Dakota games against Montana to figure out what worked the best for those two teams.

I just don't think Montana will be able to stop the NDSU run game and if they stack the box Wentz will make them pay. When Montana has the ball I think NDSU will stuff the run and pin their ears back and come after JJ. Iowa State had some early success against NDSU when the QB scrambled but after the first quarter that didn't happen again.

Didn’t Montana lose their star LT before the season started? Is this true? If so they better help the new LT or KE will eat the backup LT alive.

I say NDSU 24 Montana 14

Dewey

Houndawg
September 16th, 2014, 04:26 AM

UM will need to play the game of their lives to keep it within three scores. Most likely you're looking at somewhere between 28-3 and 38-9 depending on how soon NDSU's starters get pulled in the 2nd half.

penguinpower
September 16th, 2014, 07:04 AM
NDSU is going to curbstomp the Griz.

Houndawg
September 16th, 2014, 07:18 AM
NDSU is going to curbstomp the Griz.

Griz will get pimp-slapped this week. The melt down on line should be very impressive.

kingranch
September 16th, 2014, 07:31 AM
I remember the last time a 3-4 ranked team came into the fargodome two years ago, Youngstown state, beat us the year before. it looked like shark week off of the cape of south Africa for those cute little penguins!

penguinpower
September 16th, 2014, 08:19 AM
I remember the last time a 3-4 ranked team came into the fargodome two years ago, Youngstown state, beat us the year before. it looked like shark week off of the cape of south Africa for those cute little penguins!

Believe it or not we used to have a defense like yours. We were built just like NDSU and we used to win like you win so I have a lot of admiration for the NDSU team. When my trained eyes see them play they look like champions. Enjoy the winning because it is painful to watch how far YSU has slipped from the top. Sucks being a bubble team every year. Sucks worse watching the team give up in a snow storm against SDSU last year. Flat out quit. Can't wait till the coach is fired and Tressel hand picks a real football coach. YSU has the athletes but the coach is an f'ing hillbilly.

Professor Chaos
September 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Actually, the last 3-4 ranked team to come into the Fargodome was UNI last year and it certainly wasn't good Panther hunting in the first 3 quarters for the Bison.

Having said that neither of those games makes much of a difference in this one. IMO, it all boils down to whether NDSU can control the ball offensively with the run game or if Jordan Johnson can keep the Griz in it by making play after play with his arm or legs.

citdog
September 16th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Believe it or not we used to have a defense like yours. We were built just like NDSU and we used to win like you win so I have a lot of admiration for the NDSU team. When my trained eyes see them play they look like champions. Enjoy the winning because it is painful to watch how far YSU has slipped from the top. Sucks being a bubble team every year. Sucks worse watching the team give up in a snow storm against SDSU last year. Flat out quit. Can't wait till the coach is fired and Tressel hand picks a real football coach. YSU has the athletes but the coach is an f'ing hillbilly.

Actually NDSU wins without cheating. No comparison to ysu.

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Griz will get pimp-slapped this week. The melt down on line should be very impressive.

I have to say I haven't noticed many SIU fans online since their NFL caliber RB apparently missed the flight to Missoula in '06. Good times, those were.

veinup
September 16th, 2014, 10:41 AM

I'm not sure how big of a meltdown you'll see, I don't think that many Griz fans actually believe we're going to win this game or that we deserve the #3/4 spot in the nation ..

however it is likely you will see a fair amount of NDSU circle jerking.

penguinpower
September 16th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Actually NDSU wins without cheating. No comparison to ysu.

Are you saying that every YSU national championship was earned through cheating?

citdog
September 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Are you saying that every YSU national championship was earned through cheating?

You tell me. You rewarded the cheater with the Presidency of your university. What message does that send?

GetEmGriz
September 16th, 2014, 10:52 AM
I'm not sure how big of a meltdown you'll see, I don't think that many Griz fans actually believe we're going to win this game or that we deserve the #3/4 spot in the nation ..

however it is likely you will see a fair amount of NDSU circle jerking.

The only meltdown I could see happening would be some of the NDSU bison fans if the Griz beat the Bison on Saturday. They just haven't experienced losing in 27 games, so it'd be a strange experience for them!

veinup
September 16th, 2014, 10:57 AM
The only meltdown I could see happening would be some of the NDSU bison fans if the Griz beat the Bison on Saturday.

Yup.

penguinpower
September 16th, 2014, 11:05 AM
You tell me. You rewarded the cheater with the Presidency of your university. What message does that send?

You can continue to read Chuck Landon articles on this all you want. The fact of the matter is that from 1988-1991 the QB (who was a local kid) was apparently getting some money and access to a car he wasn't supposed have access to. I can't say if it is true or not. Chuck Landon has been on a personal attack against Tressel for Years. He is ( or was not sure if he is still writing) a newspaper columnist out of Huntington, WV and he was pissed when YSU beat his Thundering Heard on multiple occasions, especially the 1991 championship.

The potential rules violation issue didn't change the outcome of the games. YSU was a running team and it seemed they rarely passed the ball. Different era. My take is that if people want to hate, they are just going to hate.

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2014, 11:10 AM
It would be different but Tressels problem's didn't end after leaving Youngstown.

penguinpower
September 16th, 2014, 11:21 AM
It would be different but Tressels problem's didn't end after leaving Youngstown.

I recommend reading this. When you have boosters and a large fan base it is difficult to control everyone, especially boosters that don't follow rules. It is a huge problem in college football and has been for decades.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/4/10/5594348/college-football-bag-man-interview

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I've read enough about Tressel to see that he didn't JUST cheat at Ohio State, and there is no reason to see that a cheater would ever change his ways. Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2014, 11:29 AM
I've read enough about Tressel to see that he didn't JUST cheat at Ohio State, and there is no reason to see that a cheater would ever change his ways. Once a cheater, ALWAYS a cheater.

True, but all of this is in the past and has no bearing on the future, people that continue to bring up things that happened decades ago when YSU was relevant is a douchebag and there is no reason to see that a douchebag would ever change his ways. Once a douchebag, ALWAYS a douchebag

Scooter
September 16th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Throw the records away and talk about how well team x did or didn't do against someone. This is going to be a fun game to watch. Welcome the Grizzles to Fargo. This should have been the FCS game for game day. I had this one circled for a while.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Personally I didnt circle this game, Griz have been in big games before so I know how to act.

xcoffeex

AmsterBison
September 16th, 2014, 11:46 AM
The only meltdown I could see happening would be some of the NDSU bison fans if the Griz beat the Bison on Saturday. They just haven't experienced losing in 27 games, so it'd be a strange experience for them!

Yeah, when NDSU loses, it will be pretty interesting to see the various reactions from Bison fans. I've seen some pretty huge meltdowns when NDSU doesn't have a big enough lead at halftime.

I hope the reaction (sometime in the 2020's) is like when Grand Valley State beat NDSU back in 1991 to stop a 14-game winning streak and the visitors got a standing ovation when they left the field.

NDSUSR
September 16th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Yeah, when NDSU loses, it will be pretty interesting to see the various reactions from Bison fans. I've seen some pretty huge meltdowns when NDSU doesn't have a big enough lead at halftime.

I hope the reaction (sometime in the 2020's) is like when Grand Valley State beat NDSU back in 1991 to stop a 14-game winning streak and the visitors got a standing ovation when they left the field.

Most wont have a meltdown. We know the streak cant go on forever and a loss in inevitable.
98% of us will be gracious in defeat. The other 2%? Lets not go there.

Scooter
September 16th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Personally I didnt circle this game, Griz have been in big games before so I know how to act.

xcoffeex

I'm throwing the bull**** flag on this comment.

dewey
September 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Most wont have a meltdown. We know the streak cant go on forever and a loss in inevitable.
98% of us will be gracious in defeat. The other 2%? Lets not go there.

Agreed. People will remember the a-holes but won't remember the majority of the fans being gracious in defeat. I have been a Bison fan since the early 80 ' s through some very tough years in 2002 and 2009 where there were many more losses than wins. If Montana wins I will come and discuss what Montana did right and what NDSU did wrong. Like others have said I know the streak will end sometime. I just hope it isn't this week.

Dewey

Houndawg
September 16th, 2014, 01:21 PM
I have to say I haven't noticed many SIU fans online since their NFL caliber RB apparently missed the flight to Missoula in '06. Good times, those were.

:D

Touch a nerve...?

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2014, 02:36 PM
:D

Touch a nerve...?

Eh, maybe a little. xthumbsupx

thebootfitter
September 16th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Agreed. People will remember the a-holes but won't remember the majority of the fans being gracious in defeat. I have been a Bison fan since the early 80 ' s through some very tough years in 2002 and 2009 where there were many more losses than wins. If Montana wins I will come and discuss what Montana did right and what NDSU did wrong. Like others have said I know the streak will end sometime. I just hope it isn't this week.

Dewey
More losses than wins? I thought that only happened in 2 or 3 years out of the past 50+? Maybe you meant more losses than normal?

NDSUstudent
September 16th, 2014, 03:04 PM
The O-line is still a big question in my mind. Dont know anything about Montana but I expect them to play up and I think this game will be closer than many think.

I agree with the older gentleman.

Silenoz
September 16th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Best case scenario: we win by 7
Most likely scenario: our offense halts to a grind real fast with our patchwork O-line of 2nd/3rd string Sophomores, with JJ running for his life every play, and NDSU skates out to a 20+ point lead in the first half. Our hurry-up offense (the only thing that works half the time) gets us a TD or two late in the game
Worst case scenario: we bought out the game in January like those cowards across the state

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 03:29 PM
I doubt we will end up getting ahead by 20 by halftime, we just rarely seem to be clicking that early.

bisonboone11
September 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM
More losses than wins? I thought that only happened in 2 or 3 years out of the past 50+? Maybe you meant more losses than normal?
I believe it has only happened three times in the last 50 years. It just happens that two of those seasons occurred in the 2000's. The last losing season before 2002 was in 1974.

KUlawJack
September 16th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I believe it has only happened three times in the last 50 years. It just happens that two of those seasons occurred in the 2000's. The last losing season before 2002 was in 1974.

JFC, that's crazy.

citdog
September 16th, 2014, 04:55 PM

Kiss my ass!

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Kiss my ass!

Whip fannies!

srgrizizen
September 16th, 2014, 06:10 PM
This. 38-10.

I can see the UM offense struggling against the NDSU defense - who doesn't? But unless NDSU has a balanced attack with a decent passing game, they may well not score four touchdowns, much less win by that margin. Hope that's not wishful thinking, but the Griz defense is no slouch. :)

caribbeanhen
September 16th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Whoa, is this game for real? I had assumed that interesting games were against the rules at the FCS level, there should be a lot more of these types of games....... anyone for the MFVC vs CAA playoff?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Whoa, is this game for real? I had assumed that interesting games were against the rules at the FCS level, there should be a lot more of these types of games....... anyone for the MFVC vs CAA playoff?

Well that happened twice last year - once in Fargo, once in Frisco.

I do, however, agree with you. I'd love to get a hold of some CAA team

FargoBison
September 16th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Problem is the that the CAA has a lot of non-conference scheduling options. Things are a bit more sparse out here to say the least.

Lehigh'98
September 16th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Kiss my ass!

1974 was the last winning season for Citadel?? Have they ever had one?

citdog
September 16th, 2014, 07:43 PM
1974 was the last winning season for Citadel?? Have they ever had one?

It's THE Citadel le high and we have been #1 in the land before. Something you cannot and will never be able to say.

putter
September 16th, 2014, 07:49 PM

spoken like someone with experience GATW.....the Griz have started out their games with a successful gameplan. Short slants, curls, and outs which moved them down the field. For the rest of the game the short passing game was gone. You need to keep the D honest and go downfield once in a while but the completely abandoned the most successful part of their offense, that is where my criticism comes from.....if you can't handle someone else's opinion get off message boards.

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Meant to take a shot at NoDak 5 Evr, not you, putt.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2014, 09:38 PM

Swing and a miss

Bisonator
September 16th, 2014, 09:52 PM
I certainly won't be shocked if NDSU loses but the way one loses can certainly cause many a meltdown. If the team plays well and the Griz are just better on that day you have to tip your hat and lick your wounds. If the team plays like crap and undisciplined you won't be happy about the outcome.

Yeah its a big game but at the end of the day its still an OOC game and I'd rather lose now then in conference play. Obviously I'd rather not lose at all.

Either way I doubt most Bison fans on here will disappear.

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 10:24 PM
Just saw a tweet. Montana is going to be starting a true freshman at LT against NDSU's Kyle Emmanuel. I expect sacks and turnovers this weekend.

dewey
September 16th, 2014, 10:29 PM

Only three losing seasons in the last 50 years. 1974, 2002 and 2009. I wasn't around for the 1974 season but I was for the 2002 and 2009 seasons. 2002 was Bob Babich's last season for NDSU before the greatest head coach in a storied NDSU program began his career.

2009-2010 season was actually the year that Craig Bohl signed arguably the greatest recruiting class in school history.

Dewey

dewey
September 16th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Just saw a tweet. Montana is going to be starting a true freshman at LT against NDSU's Kyle Emmanuel. I expect sacks and turnovers this weekend.

As many dumb coaching mistakes as Delaney has made, 2012 4th and 1 against Southern Utah and the Montana defense backs 5 yards off the line the entire second half and SUU runs the fake punt for a first down - dumbest coaching move I have ever seen, if Montana comes out trying to block Kyle Emanuel with a backup true freshman left tackle JJ will get planted in the turf a LOT. If Montana comes out trying to help with a TE or RB staying to help it just makes the work for the secondary easier.

Montana better do a lot of 3 step drops unless they want Kyle Emanuel to completely take over the game.

Dewey

Grizo406
September 16th, 2014, 10:46 PM
As many dumb coaching mistakes as Delaney has made, 2012 4th and 1 against Southern Utah and the Montana defense backs 5 yards off the line the entire second half and SUU runs the fake punt for a first down - dumbest coaching move I have ever seen, if Montana comes out trying to block Kyle Emanuel with a backup true freshman left tackle JJ will get planted in the turf a LOT. If Montana comes out trying to help with a TE or RB staying to help it just makes the work for the secondary easier.

Montana better do a lot of 3 step drops unless they want Kyle Emanuel to completely take over the game.

Dewey

As long as Emanuel's middle name isn't "Sidbury", the Griz just might surprise you!

mvemjsunpx
September 16th, 2014, 11:19 PM

Where'd you see that?

Sounds like Thiebes should be back. https://twitter.com/billspeltz/status/511961742185091072

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Only three losing seasons in the last 50 years. 1974, 2002 and 2009. I wasn't around for the 1974 season but I was for the 2002 and 2009 seasons. 2002 was Bob Babich's last season for NDSU before the greatest head coach in a storied NDSU program began his career.

2009-2010 season was actually the year that Craig Bohl signed arguably the greatest recruiting class in school history.

Dewey

I am pretty sure that is supposed to be 1975.

putter
September 16th, 2014, 11:58 PM

sorry GATW, guess getting a keyboard lashing from PR and Havre over on eGriz put me on edge...apology to you

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2014, 02:27 AM

And I expect KE to be a little shocked at whats in front of him. I hope he plays mean because hes gonna get a pit bull in his grill for 4 qtrs with Reese even if he is a Freshman

Houndawg
September 17th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I doubt we will end up getting ahead by 20 by halftime, we just rarely seem to be clicking that early.

I can only think of one game last year where you trailed at halftime.

Houndawg
September 17th, 2014, 06:51 AM
I can see the UM offense struggling against the NDSU defense - who doesn't? But unless NDSU has a balanced attack with a decent passing game, they may well not score four touchdowns, much less win by that margin. Hope that's not wishful thinking, but the Griz defense is no slouch. :)

They have a good passing game in that they can throw when they want to throw.

BISON Thunder
September 17th, 2014, 08:07 AM
And I expect KE to be a little shocked at whats in front of him. I hope he plays mean because hes gonna get a pit bull in his grill for 4 qtrs with Reese even if he is a Freshman

Similar to "southern speed", should we be labeling this "western young energy"?

F'N Hawks
September 17th, 2014, 09:13 AM
NDSU has opened as 25 point favorites at 5dimes.

Like I said earlier, this will be ugly.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2014, 09:15 AM

That's gonna make some heads explode.

F'N Hawks
September 17th, 2014, 09:18 AM

I don't know why? Montana has holes on the line this year that they openly admit. Good team, yes. But not Top 5 material.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I don't know why? Montana has holes on the line this year that they openly admit. Good team, yes. But not Top 5 material.

Have you heard them?

F'N Hawks
September 17th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Have you heard them?

Yes I have. But, I have also watched them play twice on TV and they are not a dominant team. I don't know why their fanbase would think they are. They should make the playoffs, though.

Like me telling everyone UND is a few position players away from being a "decent" team. Right. About 22 position players away.

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Have you heard them?

I know. How dare we think we have a fighting chance and should bother to show up. The ARROGANCE.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2014, 09:27 AM
I know. How dare we think we have a fighting chance and should bother to show up. The ARROGANCE.

Then bet it. They will pay me with your money.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2014, 09:43 AM

35-10.....haaaa!!

Bison defense will kick butt Saturday!

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Then bet it. They will pay me with your money.

Betting is for plebeians. Thanks for asking, though.

robsnotes4u
September 17th, 2014, 09:59 AM

I have a 5dimes account and don't see that anyway. Care to link or post its whereabouts?

Found it

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2014, 10:04 AM
35-10.....haaaa!!

Bison defense will kick butt Saturday!

That's a very plausible score and hits the spread.

Silenoz
September 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Have you heard them?

Is that a joke? The majority of Griz fans are picking the Bison by a decent margin. The better question is, have you heard Bison fans? Some of you are ridiculous

Cleets
September 17th, 2014, 10:14 AM
24-7 Bison (we already discussed this) write it down - in blood

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Is that a joke? The majority of Griz fans are picking the Bison by a decent margin. The better question is, have you heard Bison fans? Some of you are ridiculous

oh, so you're willing to accept a 25 point spread?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Similar to "southern speed", should we be labeling this "western young energy"?
Northern toughness always beats southern speed.................but I like where you went with this.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2014, 10:44 AM
GATW is all talk and he never backs it up especially with $$$$$ he is just a cyber mouthpiece

Silenoz
September 17th, 2014, 10:56 AM
oh, so you're willing to accept a 25 point spread?

I'm certainly accepting that a score like that is a strong possibility, look at ANY post I've made about this game xeyebrowx

I'm not making any monetary bets with you; we just bought a new house and I have a kid on the way, but I'll put up my sig or avatar or whatever if that satisfies you.

Plus isn't that your wife's money? (had to do it)

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Looks like we're hitting the mid-week doldrums in this thread... better spice it up a bit.

I bet Montana was a bigger favorite in the 2003 matchup.... jussayin'.... AGS.

robsnotes4u
September 17th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Everyone is missing the reality of the 25 point spread.

The professionals are saying one of two things.
1. The Bison are phenomenal, how can there be that much difference between the #1 and #4 rated teams?
2. or they don't believe the #4 ranking of the Griz.

Look even further into this, with the Eagles as 9 point favorites on the Bobcats. Either...
1. there is a huge difference between #1 and #2
2. or the Bobcats are better than the pollsters are giving them credit for.

A lot of questions will be answered after these games. Going to be an interesting weekend.

dewey
September 17th, 2014, 11:20 AM
I am pretty sure that is supposed to be 1975.

You are correct. Since 1964 NDSU has had 3 losing seasons, 1975, 2002 and 2009.

Dewey

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2014, 11:29 AM
After watching the Bison offense the first 3 games, I really dont expect you guys to score anything against us ZERO. You dont have the horses to go up against this defense. Sure your special teams will get you on the board and save some face but 9-12 points isnt going to win this one for you.

We are too physical and you will wilt late in the second qtr from your defense being on the field too long.

Griz score 2 TDs on offense, 1 on defense (Wentz pick 6) and will pick up at least 2 TOs from you guys. The reason we wont score in the 4th qtr is because SSH and our back ups will be playing by then. BANK IT

See you *****ers tomorrow, I will be the guy kicking down the door and taking your women and whiskey. (Not necessarily in that order)

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

Bisonator
September 17th, 2014, 11:39 AM
After watching the Bison offense the first 3 games, I really dont expect you guys to score anything against us ZERO. You dont have the horses to go up against this defense. Sure your special teams will get you on the board and save some face but 9-12 points isnt going to win this one for you.

We are too physical and you will wilt late in the second qtr from your defense being on the field too long.

Griz score 2 TDs on offense, 1 on defense (Wentz pick 6) and will pick up at least 2 TOs from you guys. The reason we wont score in the 4th qtr is because SSH and our back ups will be playing by then. BANK IT

See you *****ers tomorrow, I will be the guy kicking down the door and taking your women and whiskey. (Not necessarily in that order)

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

You've been drinking already.;)

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2014, 11:41 AM

Have I

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2014, 12:05 PM

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

You guys are not going to make a field goal....the prediction is invalid.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2014, 12:14 PM

The phrasing of that would give the impression that he actually stopped at some time.

GetEmGriz
September 17th, 2014, 12:24 PM
You guys are not going to make a field goal....the prediction is invalid.

We score two touchdowns, a third touchdown with a 2-point conversion, and force a safety! xnodx

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2014, 12:27 PM
We score a touchdown and force a safety.xnodx

Would've also accepted 4 TDs and miss the two point conversion each time. Lord knows how the Griz finish when you put the game on the foot of your kicker....especially against the Bison. :D

Houndawg
September 17th, 2014, 12:30 PM

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

This is going to be the football equivalent of quail hunting with Dick Cheney. Somebody needs to notify the child abuse hotline on Friday so they can be ready..xcoffeex

UNIFanSince1983
September 17th, 2014, 01:13 PM

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

The god Carson Wentz will throw a pick 6? Blasphemy!!

uofmman1122
September 17th, 2014, 01:25 PM

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9
wat

Silenoz
September 17th, 2014, 02:55 PM
wat

I dunno what Alpha is doing, but between this and the Prukop thread it is elaborate

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 17th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Looks like we're hitting the mid-week doldrums in this thread... better spice it up a bit.

I bet Montana was a bigger favorite in the 2003 matchup.... jussayin'.... AGS.

I'll take a stab at it.

Like our resident clown on Bisonville says: Griz beat the Bison 52-10.

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2014, 03:07 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/429/144/e5f.jpg

Lehigh'98
September 17th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Lehigh wins this game easy. Lehigh 75, NDSU 30, Montana 25

mvemjsunpx
September 17th, 2014, 09:27 PM

xflaggedx

Only happens if San Diego & Dayton decide not to play. xcoffeex

deez_na
September 18th, 2014, 12:55 PM

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

lmao. Seriously what have you been smoking? I get you are trolling big time aren't you?

Cleets
September 18th, 2014, 12:58 PM
lmao. Seriously what have you been smoking? I get you are trolling big time aren't you?

Alphagriz posts are for entertainment purposes only... and cannot be evaluated seriously

deez_na
September 18th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Alphagriz posts are for entertainment purposes only... and cannot be evaluated seriously

Yeah that's what i was guessing.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 18th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I will bump this attack on my character late Saturday................

deez_na
September 18th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I will bump this attack on my character late Saturday................

No need. I'll bump your original post again after Saturday.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
They have a good passing game in that they can throw when they want to throw.

I agree with this. We are by no means a passing juggernaught, but we will pick you apart in the 4-11 yd passing game. And go deep on you 2-3 times.

Twentysix
September 18th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned but, Montana would currently be the 9th best team in the MVFC according to massey's lol.

1 NDSU...
2 SDSU
3 SIU
4 MoSU
6 ISU-r
7 UNI
10 YSU
14 ISU-b
(18) Montana
24 WIU
27 USD

Twentysix
September 18th, 2014, 04:57 PM
For fun I've integrated the BSC and the MVFC into one super conference using massey's for ranking.

1 NDSU...
2 SDSU
3 SIU
4 MoSU
(5) EWU
6 ISU-r
7 UNI
10 YSU
14 ISU-b
(18) Montana
24 WIU
(26) NAU
27 USD
(29) MtSU
(42) PSU
(51) CP
(52) Sac
(53) UCD
(54) SUU
(71) ISU-o
(77) WSU
(79) UND
(84) UNC

uofmman1122
September 18th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I'm sure this has been mentioned but, Montana would currently be the 9th best team in the MVFC according to massey's lol.

1 NDSU...
2 SDSU
3 SIU
4 MoSU
6 ISU-r
7 UNI
10 YSU
14 ISU-b
(18) Montana
24 WIU
27 USD
lol indeed.

skinny_uncle
September 18th, 2014, 07:31 PM

Chatty wants to have a talk with you.

Drblankstare
September 18th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Chatty wants to have a talk with you.
We'll just treat it as a Royal rumble. Montana and NDSU can start and then Lehigh and Chatty roll in once someone goes over the ropes.:D

centennial
September 18th, 2014, 11:03 PM

1 NDSU...
2 SDSU
3 SIU
4 MoSU
6 ISU-r
7 UNI
10 YSU
14 ISU-b
(18) Montana
24 WIU
27 USD
LOL. Truth hurts.

bizonblood
September 19th, 2014, 12:27 AM

Peace out, travel safe

Griz - 24

NDSU - 9

HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...OH...MY... F***ING...GOD... you are seriously DELUSIONAL if you think the BISON will be wore out by the griz..... lol the bison are the most physical team in the fcs. they wear the opponent out thats why no one scores against them in the 4th quarter. I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU ARE NOT THAT IGNORANT. BISON 42- GRIZ 14

HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...HA...OH...MY... F***ING...GOD... you are seriously DELUSIONAL if you think the BISON will be wore out by the griz..... lol the bison are the most physical team in the fcs. they wear the opponent out thats why no one scores against them in the 4th quarter. I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU ARE NOT THAT IGNORANT. BISON 42- GRIZ 14

NDSUSR
September 19th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Yeah, its obvious that you are new here...

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2014, 01:30 AM

Holy god.

Houndawg
September 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM
JBB is back...

tjamz
September 19th, 2014, 08:16 AM
I'll take a stab at it.

Like our resident clown on Bisonville says: Griz beat the Bison 52-10.

When have you ever known Longhorn to be wrong on a score prediction?

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 08:51 AM
Here is a GREAT scouting report from Egriz for the NDSU - Montana game.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67265

Dewey

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 08:54 AM

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Here is a GREAT scouting report from Egriz for the NDSU - Montana game.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67265

Dewey

tl:dr

Bison smoke Griz

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2014, 09:06 AM
tl:dr

Bison smoke Griz

Don't worry, he did a finger paint version just for you.

UNIFanSince1983
September 19th, 2014, 09:12 AM
For fun I've integrated the BSC and the MVFC into one super conference using massey's for ranking.

1 NDSU...
2 SDSU
3 SIU
4 MoSU
(5) EWU
6 ISU-r
7 UNI
10 YSU
14 ISU-b
(18) Montana
24 WIU
(26) NAU
27 USD
(29) MtSU
(42) PSU
(51) CP
(52) Sac
(53) UCD
(54) SUU
(71) ISU-o
(77) WSU
(79) UND

Did I miss UNC in these rankings?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Don't worry, he did a finger paint version just for you.

Have you seen the videos coming out of Griz country? Your Bison hype video has a misspelling and in your press conference your coach said that 39,000 people came to GameDay.

Not a lot of bright bulbs over in Missoula.

Bison56
September 19th, 2014, 09:54 AM

I remember my first time.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 09:56 AM
I remember my first time.

http://boingboing.net/images/th_falwell-hustler-first-ti.jpg

Twentysix
September 19th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Did I miss UNC in these rankings?

Nope I did, they are (84) so they should be tacked onto the bottom of the list. I'll edit the main post.

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I am bored waiting for an oil change on my car so here is a story I found in the Missoulian about the NDSU defense and crowd noise. The last paragraph talks about how the Montana offense is averaging close to 340 points per game, LOL. If that is true I would hit the oven HARDSHIP on this bet, LOL!

http://m.missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/bison-defense-crowd-to-test-griz-attack/article_128c2c64-3ec0-11e4-b524-73101733ca87.html?mobile_touch=true

Dewey

Twentysix
September 19th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I am bored waiting for an oil change on my car so here is a story I found in the Missoulian about the NDSU defense and crowd noise. The last paragraph talks about how the Montana offense is averaging close to 340 points per game, LOL. If that is true I would hit the oven HARDSHIP on this bet, LOL!

http://m.missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/bison-defense-crowd-to-test-griz-attack/article_128c2c64-3ec0-11e4-b524-73101733ca87.html?mobile_touch=true

Dewey

It must mean 34.0 (it's actually 29.33 against all opponents).

20 against DI opponents.

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 10:27 AM
It must mean 34.0 (it's actually 29.33 against all opponents).

20 against DI opponents.

I assumed it meant 340 yards per game but I thought it was pretty funny.

Dewey

Bison56
September 19th, 2014, 10:28 AM
So what size batteries is everyone bringing to the game Saturday? I was thinking about taking the one out of my car to throw. What do you guys think? Since I guess we throw stuff at the visting players.

Twentysix
September 19th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Gotta hand it to the Griz tracks people. They actually know when to say North Dakota and when to say North Dakota State.

That is something that most people outside of ND/SD/MN don't know how to do.

Cleets
September 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Are we all still in agreement on 24-7 Bison win..?

(just checking)

Twentysix
September 19th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Are we all still in agreement on 24-7 Bison win..?

(just checking)

31-14 imo :p

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Not sure why but I just think we're going to beat that spread.

bisonboone11
September 19th, 2014, 01:06 PM

xnonono2x

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Montana. 23-21

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2014, 01:46 PM
HA! SUCK IT BIZON!

SUPharmacist
September 19th, 2014, 01:59 PM
I think NDSU wins by a couple scores. Although, if this were to be the week they lose, I would not envision it close the other way either. I picture the streak ending in a game where the wheels fall off.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I think NDSU wins by a couple scores. Although, if this were to be the week they lose, I would not envision it close the other way either. I picture the streak ending in a game where the wheels fall off.

Not this weekend.

The last 2 Bison losses have been to teams that were not ranked and the Bison committed numerous turnovers. Every "big" game the last 3-4 years the Bison have been dialed in and have won.

This Bison defense will shut down the Griz.

Silenoz
September 19th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Well the last time we lost by 20+ was to Tennessee. Therefore we are only susceptible to "Southern Speed", and since "Northern Toughness/White guy syndrome" is the opposite of that, I'm changing my prediction to 143-57 Montana. It's science.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Well the last time we lost by 20+ was to Tennessee. Therefore we are only susceptible to "Southern Speed", and since "Northern Toughness/White guy syndrome" is the opposite of that, I'm changing my prediction to 143-57 Montana. It's science.

Might as well go with a Griz shut out then: 40-0

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Griz defense will shut down NDSU