Cornell @ COLGATE

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart

LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary

Go Green
September 14th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I think Fordham will beat Columbia.

Lehigh'98
September 14th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Game of week: HC - Harvard or Bucknell - Sacred Heart??

Edit: Sorry, forgot about the Laf - WM game, also a contender

Skyhawk71
September 14th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Holy Cross @ Harvard
Lehigh @ Yale
Brown @ Georgetown
Fordham @ Columbia
Cornell @ Colgate
Bucknell @ Sacred Heart
Lafayette @ William & Mary

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 09:31 AM

Not so certain . . . the Rams will be lagged and worn out from the travel.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
Not so certain . . . the Rams will be lagged and worn out from the travel.

I hear that transfer from the No. 1 train can be a bear.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I revoke my above post. The distance from Morningside Heights to the Baker complex is more than twice the distance from Fordham to the Baker complex.

This might be the only circumstance in college football where the home team has to travel farther to get to the game than the road team.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Definitely Holy Cross at Harvard. It's a 67-game rivalry. The other two? Not so much (though we'd all like to see more of W&M around here).

Franks Tanks
September 14th, 2014, 10:00 AM
The Lehigh/Yale game may be over in 2 hours. What is the over/under on total passes..25?

The Bucknell/ Sacred Heart game will be the first real test for the Bison. Interested to see if Bucknell is for real, and SHU will tell us that.

2ram
September 14th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I revoke my above post. The distance from Morningside Heights to the Baker complex is more than twice the distance from Fordham to the Baker complex.

This might be the only circumstance in college football where the home team has to travel farther to get to the game than the road team.

it's our stealth competitive advantage \0/

carney2
September 14th, 2014, 10:36 AM

Sorry 'bout that. I got out of my routine last week. Anyway,

GAME OF THE WEEK: Bucknell @ Sacred Heart. The only real test for the Buffaloes until at least October 11 @ Lehigh. Contender or pretender?

carney2
September 14th, 2014, 11:31 AM
HOLY CROSS @ Harvard – Game one for the Johns, so if the Cross can get off to a good start,…

LEHIGH @ Yale – That first game thing again. I’d go with Eli if this were week two. Not impressed so far with anything the Undiestains are doing.

Brown @ GEORGETOWN - Joke of the week number 1.

FORDHAM @ Columbia – Joke of the week number 2.

Cornell @ COLGATE – So far the gaters have lost to “name” teams looking like they’re having bad years. Coach Hunt and company still have a lot to prove. No time like the present to get started.

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart – SHU squeaked past a Lafayette team with no O. Bucknell should be up to this task.

LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary – If I’m right I’m a genius. The Pards earned some respect with last week’s beat down. The Tribe has not yet earned much of anything.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Brown @ GEORGETOWN - Joke of the week number 1.

Who gets the bigger laugh, the Brown fans that return to MSF nine years later and say, "Hey, nothing's changed!"

or

the Harvard fans, who in three weeks arrive in DC and ask where this "Robins Stadium" is on the campus where they were told the game will be held...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4077/5002823277_6dc67aaec3_z.jpg

Sader87
September 14th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Bucknell @ Sacred Heart is the GotW ovah Holy Cross at Harvard Stadium on a Friday night???? There will probably 5 times as many people at the HC-H game. It could be the last meeting between the two for awhile, both schools have played D1 football for ovah a century etc etc....

Your Pennsy bias is showing here Carney.

crusader11
September 14th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Sorry 'bout that. I got out of my routine last week. Anyway,

GAME OF THE WEEK: Bucknell @ Sacred Heart. The only real test for the Buffaloes until at least October 11 @ Lehigh. Contender or pretender?

Not sure if you're being serious or not, carney. Perhaps just looking to get a rise out of my guy, 87?

bonarae
September 14th, 2014, 06:50 PM
HOLY CROSS @ Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale

Brown @ GEORGETOWN

FORDHAM @ Columbia

Cornell @ COLGATE

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart

carney2
September 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM

No, it's my Patriot League bias. The 'saders have shown us what they're made of - and they are a legitimate threat to win on any Saturday. Bucknell is still a mystery team and this is the first (and last for a while) chance to throw a measuring stick against them. HC @ The Johns may be a big deal in Woo, but testing the Buffaloes is a bigger deal in terms of seeing who's in and who's out for the 2014 chase for the trophy.

crusader11
September 14th, 2014, 07:08 PM
No, it's my Patriot League bias. The 'saders have shown us what they're made of - and they are a legitimate threat to win on any Saturday. Bucknell is still a mystery team and this is the first (and last for a while) chance to throw a measuring stick against them. HC @ The Johns may be a big deal in Woo, but testing the Buffaloes is a bigger deal in terms of seeing who's in and who's out for the 2014 chase for the trophy.

Sorry, but a game against an NEC opponent -- no matter how good they may be -- isn't "Game of the Week" worthy when stacked up against a solid PL team play at perhaps the best Ivy League team on a Friday night.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2014, 07:11 PM
I don't believe there is a single GOTW given the slate of games. Lafayette-W&M, Sacred Heart-Bucknell and Holy Cross-Harvard are all equally important measuring sticks. Holy Cross really hasn't beaten anyone so the Crimson will be a great barometer. Fordham and Lehigh failed miserably in their "elite" CAA game. While W&M might not be quite as good as those two, they're still a Top 20 team imo. This is LC's opportunity to step up. Bucknell's OOC slate is terrible minus Sacred Heart. If the Bison win this game they can START thinking about an 8-9 win season imo...

If I were to pick a game it would be Lafayette-W&M because it presents the biggest opportunity for the league to gain national credibility. The 'Pards winning two in a row at Zable would turn a lot of heads....

Lehigh and Colgate have important games as well. They've easily played the two toughest schedules to this point and have had mixed results. Wins this week and it's game on for both teams. Lose and it starts getting ugly imo.

BlueHenSinfonian
September 14th, 2014, 07:25 PM

BC '@' UMass earlier this year, but that's the only other one I can think of.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2014, 07:29 PM
The more I think about it, Holy Cross-Harvard might be the most important game. Has anyone looked at the Crusader's schedule? While they sit at 2-1 things can change real quick. They're @ Harvard, Fordham, @ Colgate, @ Brown, @ Dartmouth, @ Lafayette. HC does not have a single home game in the month of October. If Holy Cross fails to beat either Harvard or Fordham they'll start a month long road trip 2-3. The heat will be on Gilmore and the Crusaders.....

Honestly, this might be the biggest game in Gilmore's tenure at HC....

crusader11
September 14th, 2014, 07:36 PM
The more I think about it, Holy Cross-Harvard might be the most important game. Has anyone looked at the Crusader's schedule? While they sit at 2-1 things can change real quick. They're @ Harvard, Fordham, @ Colgate, @ Brown, @ Dartmouth, @ Lafayette. HC does not have a single home game in the month of October. If Holy Cross fails to beat either Harvard or Fordham they'll start month long road trip 2-3. The heat will be on Gilmore and the Crusaders.....

Funny you bring this up, GLTUO. I was asking one of my buddies who I went to the HC game this past weekend: "If I told you HC would end the season 7-5, would you take that?" His response: "If you said 8-4, then yes."

The next six games won't be easy no matter how you slice them. I think I'd be perfectly content going 3-3 over this stretch. Thank you, Dick Regan (former HC AD) for constructing this ridiculous schedule with zero home games in October.

I am not sure that a non-league game in September is TG's most important of his tenure, but it presents the opportunity to truly "make" the season. A win at Harvard, and all of a sudden the game against Fordham (homecoming) takes on a new dynamic. Still think Fordham is the prohibitive favorite, but the balance of the league -- with the exception of Georgetown, of course -- is really something.

Friday will ill be very telling.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Colgate needs to get a win. Period.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2014, 08:05 PM
Colgate needs to get a win. Period.

This week is massive for Colgate and Lehigh. IF Colgate wins they get Georgetown in Hamilton before HC ventures to CNY. IF Lehigh wins Monmouth comes calling to Goodman before the Hawks their BYE. Both teams have the assets to win their next two and get back to .500....

If Lehigh enters their bye 2-2 it's a successful September....

Go Green
September 14th, 2014, 08:09 PM

USC is closer to the Rose Bowl than UCLA.

RichH2
September 14th, 2014, 08:48 PM
This week is massive for Colgate and Lehigh. IF Colgate wins they get Georgetown in Hamilton before HC ventures to CNY. IF Lehigh wins Monmouth comes calling to Goodman before the Hawks their BYE. Both teams have the assets to win their next two and get back to .500....

If Lehigh enters their bye 2-2 it's a successful September....
Not successful but better than it could have been.My goal, winning season and beat Pards.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Holy Cross @ Harvard
Lehigh @ Yale
Brown @ Georgetown
Fordham @ Columbia
Cornell @ Colgate
Bucknell @ Sacred Heart

Agreed.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2014, 09:47 PM

East Coast bias... Pennsylvania bias... Center Valley bias... Cattell Street bias, 3rd Street bias... all bias is relative.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Sorry, but a game against an NEC opponent -- no matter how good they may be -- isn't "Game of the Week" worthy when stacked up against a solid PL team play at perhaps the best Ivy League team on a Friday night.

NEC is a rising tide... Bryant, CCSU, Duquesne, Sacred Heart have all sniffed the T25 this year... Harvard prefers the company of San Diego, URI, and Butler.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2014, 09:51 PM
That Sacred Heart - Bucknell game is titillating... particularly from a Lafayette perspective given how we tanked on offense. This is a big test game for Bucknell... maybe the biggest of the Susan tenure.

ngineer
September 14th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Have to got with the Johnnies over the 'saders with game in "the Yard", 31-27.

Hoyas are flyin' high after last week's nice win. So much so, I'm picking 'em to go on a 'winning streak'! Saxa, 24-22.

Fordham at Columbia will be very ugly as the Lions get rammed early and often, 57-13.

Colgate will break through against a big rival at home, 24-10

Bucknell will be tested for first time and fall short, 28-14.

Laughyette takes itself too seriously after beating JV team and the Tribe remembers all too well two years ago and will be waiting. Bills are due and feeling "Mary". Tribe, 27-17

Lehigh finally gets all aspects clicking as we see more of some very promising freshmen and begins turning the season around, 31-17.

HoyaMetanoia
September 14th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Who gets the bigger laugh, the Brown fans that return to MSF nine years later and say, "Hey, nothing's changed!"

or

the Harvard fans, who in three weeks arrive in DC and ask where this "Robins Stadium" is on the campus where they were told the game will be held...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4077/5002823277_6dc67aaec3_z.jpg

You somehow find a way to complain about this every week. Also, I doubt Brown fans will be surprised, since many of them were probably at the game in 2012.

Gangtackle11
September 14th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Holy Cross
Lehigh
Brown
Fordham
Colgate
Sacred Heart
William & Mary

jimbo65
September 15th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Harvard
Lehigh
Brown
Fordham
Colgate
Bucknell
W&M

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2014, 07:32 AM
The Bucknell/SHU game is huge for 2 reasons:

* An SHU win would open the conversation about the NEC being superior to the PL.
* A Bucknell win would make the Bison undefeated, have them beat a playoff team from last season, and put them into the conversation for a Top 25 spot.

As cool as HC/Harvard is and Lehigh/Yale in the Yale Bowl, or Lafayette/W&M is a test of the league, Bucknell/SHU is more important in terms of overall league positioning.

Sader87
September 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Meh.....SHU has a nice team but let's not go over-board. They beat up on two ovah-matched teams (Marist and Assumption) and the Lafayette game was a lot closer than people realize....LC beat themselves to a degree in a sloppy opener (for them) on the road.

Bucknell has scheduled themselves so far to get all these accolades. Still not sold on these guys....if they win this week, next week at home against Cornell and at Bryant the following week I'll staht to become a Bison believer.

van
September 15th, 2014, 10:30 AM
13-4 so far this year

HOLY CROSS @ Harvard, first game for Ivies usually has some problems, but if Harvard is really the class of Ivy they should win at home

LEHIGH @ Yale, time to right the ship

Brown @ GEORGETOWN, could be ugly

FORDHAM @ Columbia, will be ugly

Cornell @ COLGATE, gators showing more than expected

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart, not too confident about this pick, but Buffs have been better than I expected so far

LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary, not sure which Pards show up this week, but Bill and Mary should be ready for anything

PAllen
September 15th, 2014, 10:54 AM

Wow, now that's sticking your neck out!

PAllen
September 15th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Friday

HOLY CROSS @ Harvard - Harvard in a close one. If this game were in Worcester, I might go the other way.

Saturday

LEHIGH @ Yale - Please, for the love of God. If LU can't pull this one off, we should just use the rest of the season as scrimmages for 150.

Brown @ GEORGETOWN - If the Hoyas are going to win a couple this season, they'll need to pick one up this week.

FORDHAM @ Columbia - Umm, yeah... 89-0 anyone?

Cornell @ COLGATE - Red puts up a fight early, but the "no longer Red" Raiders pull one out

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart - A win here starts to make some believers.

LAFAYETTE @ William & Mary - W&M is a power that's waiting to pounce on this one. This could get ugly.

crusader11
September 15th, 2014, 11:13 AM
HC hasn't won at Harvard since 2000, when Dan Allen (RIP) was coaching.

Tom Gilmore is 3-7 against Harvard in his time at HC.

I think this game has even more meaning than usual, given that Harvard has dropped HC from their schedule for the foreseeable future.

Doc QB
September 15th, 2014, 11:19 AM
2-4 last week...was real down on league and made bads picks relative to that, but Gtwon, Leopards, and HC got W's.

Harvard...I think they still have some players and size up well against PL.
Lehigh...I dont think Bulldogs have the players.
Brown...even on road, picking the IVY over Gtown
Fordham...is that Stanford QB finally healthy? Doesnt matter.
Colgate...shoulda beat an average CAA team in their house, bounces back tough
Sacred Heart...I still dont believe in Bison, even after they whipped us last year
William & Mary...tough CAA team over Leopards

Of course, I may be 70% wrong all over again.

bison137
September 15th, 2014, 11:42 AM
16-1 so far. Ironic that the one miss was mistakenly picking Georgetown to lose.

Harvard
Lehigh
Brown
Fordham
Colgate
Bucknell
William & Mary

Bill
September 15th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Well, I had a strong 6-0 last week, bringing me to 13-4. Need to make up some ground this week...but we'll see.

HOLY CROSS @ Harvard - picking perhaps with the heart this week. I'm a huge Gilmore fan...best defensive coach I've ever been around. Here's hoping! HC, 22-17

LEHIGH @ Yale - We might give up 35 points, but should be able to score 40+. A return to "Air Hank", anyone? Lehigh, 46-35.

Brown @ G Town - I can't believe I'm picking Brown to win... Brown, 23-17

FORDHAM @ Columbia - Did you know that Columbia QB Paul Governali was runner-up for the Heisman?...in 1942. Sorry, Columbia. FU, 66-3

Cornell @ COLGATE - In a battle for God-Forsaken parts of NY, I take Colgate, 27-14.

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart - Oh boy...I haven't been on their Bandwagon yet, but here goes nothing. Joe Susan was once a coach for me when I went to a Rutgers football camp back in the 1980's.... Bucknell, 26-24

Lafayette @ William & Mary - I want to pick Lafayette, I really do. Maybe after two more years of scholarships and a new HC....W&M, 30-13.

the last indian
September 15th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Harvard - HC is one dimensional
Lehigh- too man good athletes
Brown- I wish G'town was competitive. Must be hell on the players each year
Fordham in a rout, perhaps a league with Columbia and GU and others with non serious programs
Colgate- I am beginning to believe in this team, young but improving
William shows up. I have doubts about LC, but maybe it is because I read their voy board. Can't be more pessimistic than those fellows!

Lehigh Football Nation
September 15th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Should Fordham start Nebrich this week? You have to believe Moorhead is mulling over this question right now.

RichH2
September 15th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Should Fordham start Nebrich this week? You have to believe Moorhead is mulling over this question right now.

Rams will in anyway in a walk. Good idea. Even if not so good for us to face a healthier Nebrich :)

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2014, 12:51 PM

I don't care if you're playing Columbia or Oberlin College or the Sheboygan YMCA - if Nebrich is healthy and medically cleared, he starts. That's how the team works and anything else is presumptuous and disrespectful. Sit him in the second half if you're way ahead and the other team obviously is struggling, but you have to start him if he's able.

Go...gate
September 15th, 2014, 01:45 PM
HC hasn't won at Harvard since 2000, when Dan Allen (RIP) was coaching.

Tom Gilmore is 3-7 against Harvard in his time at HC.

I think this game has even more meaning than usual, given that Harvard has dropped HC from their schedule for the foreseeable future.

Kinda like Colgate - Princeton. Definitely will be more juice in the last two games of that series (last game in 2015).

Bill
September 15th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Bogie - love the groundskeeper Willie avatar!

http://youtu.be/Z9_jIa2WADc?t=5s

PAllen
September 15th, 2014, 02:33 PM
LEHIGH @ Yale - We might give up 35 points, but should be able to score 40+. A return to "Air Hank", anyone? Lehigh, 46-35.

There are two reasons why Air Lehigh has been grounded this season. First, we've got a heck of a good running back stable. Second, and most importantly, our WRs can't catch worth a damn. Air Lehigh relies on a possession passing game with the occasional big play and/or near miraculous catch. Those catches just aren't there. When we can't reliably complete a quick slant when it's left wide open, it's time to go to the ground game until we can identify some players farther down the roster who can actually catch the ball at this level.

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Bogie - love the groundskeeper Willie avatar!

Shhh! It's a secret build-up to a late-season, Pard-ridiculing Cheese Eating Surrender Monkey motif (should I find it necessary to employ).

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380381550/738900.jpg

(And yes, I am indeed a pure-blooded Scot. Thank you for asking. Aye or Die!)

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Rams will in anyway in a walk. Good idea. Even if not so good for us to face a healthier Nebrich :)

Speaking of walking, RichH2, a walk from Fordham to the Baker Complex would be less than the length of the National Mall in Washington, D.C. - just to give it a frame of reference. Maybe about the same as a walk through the Bronx Zoo - or the annual trek from Phillipsburg High School to Fisher Field (for those who don't get away too much).

Go Green
September 15th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Wow, now that's sticking your neck out!

There was more than one offseason discussion on the Ivy board whether Fordham-Columbia or Princeton-Davidson would be the bigger blowout.

Given that it appears Fordham has injuries, maybe Columbia can keep it within 40.

Then again, maybe not.

Bogus Megapardus
September 15th, 2014, 03:14 PM
There was more than one offseason discussion on the Ivy board whether Fordham-Columbia or Princeton-Davidson would be the bigger blowout.

Given that it appears Fordham has injuries, maybe Columbia can keep it within 40.

Then again, maybe not.

Fordham seems to be a "normal" Patriot League team without Nebrich.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 15th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Harvard
Lehigh
Brown
Fordham
Colgate
Bucknell
William & Mary

15-2 thus far...

bulldog10jw
September 15th, 2014, 05:36 PM
LEHIGH @ Yale - Please, for the love of God. If LU can't pull this one off, we should just use the rest of the season as scrimmages for 150.

I don't think Yale is THAT bad

TheValleyRaider
September 15th, 2014, 07:58 PM
A tidy 5-1 last week (I'll let you guess the one), up to 13-4 overall heading into Ivy Week

Friday
Holy Cross at Harvard Harvard Good test coming for the Crusaders, and they'll definitely have an edge with the usual games under their belts. Of course, that hasn't helped too much into the past, as Harvard is pretty good, and the Crusaders have been less so. Pujals and pals should give it a good shot, and while smart money isn't usually against the Crimson, HC should stay within striking distance.

Saturday
Lehigh at Yale Lehigh The Hawks are 0-2 for the first time since 2009, though this has certainly been their toughest opening schedule in that stretch. Visiting the Yale Bowl is certainly a step down, but Eli can be dangerous when everyone is healthy. Still, Lehigh still brings talent to the field, and should pull away from a Bulldog team getting its feet under it.

Brown at Georgetown Brown Under Estes, Bruno has always been a solid bunch, occasionally challenging for the Ivy title while otherwise winning 60-70% of their games. The Hoyas got a nice win at Marist, but at this stage I don't see why I should pick them beating anyone beyond that level, and certainly not against one of the Ivy League's most consistent sides.

Fordham at Columbia Fordham I'd like Columbia to be good sometime, if for no other reason than to say I saw it happen. There really isn't much else to say about this game, and while Nebrich's health will matter to the Rams' long-term plans, it shouldn't make a difference Saturday.

Cornell at Colgate Colgate Unlike the previous Ivy, I'm not really interested in seeing Cornell be good any time soon. It might happen, of course, but it would be a step to get their second winning season in the 21st century. This is the Cornell team that lost to our beat up bunch by 3 TDs in Ithaca last year, even after taking a (unflagged) late hit to knock McCarney out. Have no fear, Jake Melville is here, again. If we really are better than last year, we'll win even more easily.

Bucknell at Sacred Heart Sacred Heart The Bison have played to form (for the most part) in the early going this year. Here is their first real contest, against a team with one PL pelt on the wall. Transitive property arguments are specious at best, but a good showing certainly would vaunt the Bison toward the front of the ABF (anyone but Fordham) crowd that makes up the rest of the league. I'll pick the Pioneers to win at home, but the opportunity is there.

Lafayette at William & Mary William & Mary Another PL/CAA contest, a good chance to measure the League against one of the nation's best. While I hesitate to draw too many comparisons between this and some previous matchups (LU against JMU/UNH, Colgate at UD), if the Tribe really are title contenders in their conference, I have a hard time picking the Leopards on the road this time.

RichH2
September 16th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Massey
Harvard 35. Cross 17
SHU 24. BU 17
Colgate 31. Cornell 28
FU 40. Columbia 14
W&M 28. Pards 17
Yale 31. LU 30
Brown 31. Hoyas 12

Bassett
90-100%
Harvard 38.5. Cross 21
80-90%
FU 35. Columbia 21
70-80%
Briwn 31.5. Hoyas 21
SHU 31.5. BU 21
60-70%
Gate 31.5. Cornell 24
Pards 28. W&M 24.5
50-60%
LU 31.5. Yale 28

bison137
September 16th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Harvard by 18 points doesn't make any sense. Sometimes it appears Bassett just uses a random number generator. That may be why their predictions have been poor the last few years.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2014, 09:18 AM
That Yale 31, Lehigh 30 score projection by Massey is duly noted.

crusader11
September 16th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Holy Cross and Harvard will extend their football series through 2025 (no games in 2015 and 2017, though)!

Really liking HC's future schedules:

2016: UNH, Dartmouth, Harvard

2017: UNH, UConn, Dartmouth, Yale

2018: UNH, BC, Dartmouth, Harvard

2019: UNH, Syracuse, Harvard

2020: BC, Harvard

Doc QB
September 16th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Holy Cross and Harvard will extend their football series through 2025 (no games in 2015 and 2017, though)!

I like those OOC match ups as well. Good for New England football. I would think Sader87 would like it, yes?

ColgateTD
September 16th, 2014, 10:07 AM
So far 13-4. Would have swept last week if my team hadn't blown it in the last .50 seconds :(

Holy Cross
Lehigh
Brown
Fordham
Bucknell
Bill & Mary
Colgate - it's about time for a W, but you never know what Cornell is going to do. At least it's their first game; maybe some jitters??

Southsider
September 16th, 2014, 10:08 AM
There are two reasons why Air Lehigh has been grounded this season. First, we've got a heck of a good running back stable. Second, and most importantly, our WRs can't catch worth a damn. Air Lehigh relies on a possession passing game with the occasional big play and/or near miraculous catch. Those catches just aren't there. When we can't reliably complete a quick slant when it's left wide open, it's time to go to the ground game until we can identify some players farther down the roster who can actually catch the ball at this level.

The Freshman, Pellatier, looks very solid. I would expect him to see action going forward.

RichH2
September 16th, 2014, 10:15 AM
7 drops,2 would have been great catches. Drops took away points. Most reliable catchers the TEs which Folmar has yet to use to any degree.

PAllen
September 16th, 2014, 10:29 AM

Very nice! That's got to be close to perfect for HC fans.

PAllen
September 16th, 2014, 10:31 AM
The Freshman, Pellatier, looks very solid. I would expect him to see action going forward.

It's definitely going to take someone stepping up from well down the depth chart.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2014, 10:41 AM
No way odds are better that Harvard beats HC than Fordham over Columbia!

And Pards are not four point favorites at WM.

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I like those OOC match ups as well. Good for New England football. I would think Sader87 would like it, yes?

Yes he does....the new AD has really done a nice job so far (former AD did set up the resumption of the BC series).

The 2018 sked is near perfect. 1 FBS reach game and in this case, our longtime rival BC. 1 challenging FCS game and it's against a NE school. 2 local Ivy rivals. We only need one more that year and it could be a NEC or MEAC school and I'd still love that OOC sked.

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2014, 12:21 PM
The 2018 sked is near perfect. 1 FBS reach game and in this case, our longtime rival BC. 1 challenging FCS game and it's against a NE school. 2 local Ivy rivals. We only need one more that year and it could be a NEC or MEAC school and I'd still love that OOC sked.

Staying close to home, why not call up UMass?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/report-vandy-buys-out-of-2018-game-at-umass/

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2014, 12:27 PM
Staying close to home, why not call up UMass?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/10/report-vandy-buys-out-of-2018-game-at-umass/

Rhode Island has one OOC game against UMass, not sure if it's 2017 or 2018. UMass has a strange issue as an independent in 2017 where they need to have exactly six home games, 3 at Gillette and 3 and McGuirk, to have them count as home games.

UMass situation still a mess. They had better hope UConn goes to the ACC.

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Interesting DFW.....I know posted somewhat tongue and cheek.....I just think that would be a bit too heavy a load for a PL team in 2018.

BC
UMass
UNH
Harvard
Dartmouth

I'd love it, I'd be pahtying like it's 1986 againxdrunkyx.....I just think the coaching staff would balk at 2 FBS games.

RichH2
September 16th, 2014, 12:47 PM
13-4 going in
Lehigh
Brown
FU
Gate
BU
W&M
Harvard

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Interesting DFW.....I know posted somewhat tongue and cheek.....I just think that would be a bit too heavy a load for a PL team in 2018.

BC
UMass
UNH
Harvard
Dartmouth

I'd love it, I'd be pahtying like it's 1986 againxdrunkyx.....I just think the coaching staff would balk at 2 FBS games.

Gordie Lockbaum would come out of retirement just to play these games.

DFW HOYA
September 16th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'd love it, I'd be pahtying like it's 1986 again

The 1986 schedule:

Lehigh W
Lafayette W
Harvard W
Colgate W
Dartmouth W
Army W
Brown W
UMass W
Bucknell W
William & Mary W
Boston College L

So, in essence, HC 2018 will have traded Army for Georgetown and W&M for UNH.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Pretty sedate around here this week... no angst over the WM broadcast controversy?

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Pretty sedate around here this week... no angst over the WM broadcast controversy?

Lehigh's 0-2.....I think that explains a lot of the quiet around these parts this week....how about this, a decade by decade breakdown on who had the best PL program?

I'll staht: 1880-1889: Lafayette

Go Green
September 16th, 2014, 02:29 PM
The 1986 schedule:

Lehigh W
Lafayette W
Harvard W
Colgate W
Dartmouth W
Army W
Brown W
UMass W
Bucknell W
William & Mary W
Boston College L

Penn is still pissed that they didn't get the Lambert Cup that year.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Lehigh's 0-2.....I think that explains a lot of the quiet around these parts this week....how about this, a decade by decade breakdown on who had the best PL program?

I'll staht: 1880-1889: Lafayette

We are searching the roster looking for a defense.

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Penn is still pissed that they didn't get the Lambert Cup that year.

They can be pissed all they want, if you compare scores, there's no argument. HC beat Army that year who also beat Navy 27-7. The Navy team Penn beat 30-26 that year wasn't that great. If Penn had played HC's schedule in 1986, they would have lost at least 2-3 games instead of HC's one.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 16th, 2014, 03:49 PM
In other news, is the rumor that Lafayette will be going this direction to curb their underage drinking problem true?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-killer-leopard-preying-drunks-stumbing-home-spreads-terror-1465525

Go Green
September 16th, 2014, 03:53 PM
They can be pissed all they want, if you compare scores, there's no argument. HC beat Army that year who also beat Navy 27-7. The Navy team Penn beat 30-26 that year wasn't that great. If Penn had played HC's schedule in 1986, they would have lost at least 2-3 games instead of HC's one.

This was an era when going undefeated got you extra points with the pollsters. BYU got the national title two years earlier over Washington for that very reason, even though Washington clearly played a tougher schedule than the Cougers.

If Holy Cross had beaten BC, then sure--no question. But... they didn't.

PAllen
September 16th, 2014, 04:40 PM
In other news, is the rumor that Lafayette will be going this direction to curb their underage drinking problem true?

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-killer-leopard-preying-drunks-stumbing-home-spreads-terror-1465525

Leopards eating drunks? 150 really will be a blood bath!

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Holy Cross would have beaten UPenn in '86, I have no doubt. The BC team they lost to was a very good team. They beat Georgia in a bowl and ended up #18 in the country.

That might actually be a good trivia question/answer......was BC in 1986 the last ranked 1-A/FBS team to play at an FCS school? The '86 game was at Fitton.

Go Green
September 16th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Holy Cross would have beaten UPenn in '86, I have no doubt. The BC team they lost to was a very good team. They beat Georgia in a bowl and ended up #18 in the country.

Washington said the same thing about BYU two years earlier. Their only loss was to Pac-10 co-champ and Rose Bowl winner USC.

I agree that today, the question is "who would win the head-on matchup on a neutral field." And thats why no Ivy team has gotten a Lambert in a while even though we've had several undefeated teams.

But in those days, going undefeated really carried a premium. Joe Paterno wasn't impressed with the undefeated 1970 Dartmouth team and offered to schedule a game the following week with them after Dartmouth got the Lambert over Penn State.

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I don't disagree entirely but I think Dartmouth/Penn St in 1970 and HC/Penn are sort of apples and oranges. PSU was sort of down in 1970...went 7-3, lost to Syracuse etc The door was wide -open for an undefeated Dartmouth team (who was VERY good no doubt).

In 1986 both Penn and HC were undefeated at the FCS-level.....HC beat W&M down there 31-7 (who had beaten UVA earlier), beat YC champ UMass 41-7 etc etc. As well as the victory ovah Army. UPenn really had no other signature win beside Navy who wasn't that great that year. To penalize HC for losing to a Top 20 FBS team for an FCS award wouldn't be fair imo.

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Only recent Ivy team I can think of being worthy of the Lambert is 2004 Harvard.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 16th, 2014, 07:15 PM
Only recent Ivy team I can think of being worthy of the Lambert is 2004 Harvard.

2002 Penn, although, Villanova eventually earned it by reaching the Semi's......

Pard4Life
September 16th, 2014, 07:29 PM
2002 Penn, although, Villanova eventually earned it by reaching the Semi's......

Yeah I was thinking of a Penn team too. Did not want to offend Ivytalk either.

Go...gate
September 16th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Washington said the same thing about BYU two years earlier. Their only loss was to Pac-10 co-champ and Rose Bowl winner USC.

I agree that today, the question is "who would win the head-on matchup on a neutral field." And thats why no Ivy team has gotten a Lambert in a while even though we've had several undefeated teams.

But in those days, going undefeated really carried a premium. Joe Paterno wasn't impressed with the undefeated 1970 Dartmouth team and offered to schedule a game the following week with them after Dartmouth got the Lambert over Penn State.

I saw that '70 Dartmouth team play in person. It could have played with anyone and, IMO, would have beaten that year's PSU squad, which was coming down to earth after terrific seasons in 1968 and 1969.

Go...gate
September 16th, 2014, 11:08 PM

Good news and good schedules!

crusader11
September 17th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Lines this week for PL and Ivy games, per 5Dimes:

Holy Cross +15.5 at Harvard

Brown -16.5 at Georgetown

Fordham -27.5 at Columbia

Cornell +4.5 at Colgate

Penn -12.5 at Jacksonville

Lehigh +2 at Yale

I suspect that later today or tomorrow we will see more lines released.

Lehigh'98
September 17th, 2014, 08:30 AM
If Fordham cant cover 28 vs Columbia, well, be back later, I'm going to take out a loan....

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Week 4 Sportsbook:

William & Mary (-11½) vs. Lafayette o/u 43

Sacred Heart (-7½) vs. Bucknell o/u 42½

Lehigh (pk) Yale o/u 59

Colgate (-4½) vs. Cornell o/u 58

Fordham (-27½) at Columbia o/u 54½

Brown (-16½) at Georgetown o/u 44½

Harvard (-15½) vs. Holy Cross o/u 54½

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Week 4 Sportsbook:

Harvard (-15½) vs. Holy Cross o/u 54½

Things like this make me pause about my self-imposed ban on sports gambling. Reason always prevails, and I never do make the wagers, but... if I did, Cross and the over... wow.

Go Green
September 17th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I saw that '70 Dartmouth team play in person. It could have played with anyone and, IMO, would have beaten that year's PSU squad, which was coming down to earth after terrific seasons in 1968 and 1969.

The 1970 Dartmouth team is usually at the top of the list when discussing the best Ivy teams since the league's formation. And maybe that's justified.

But it's a shame that they didn't get to challenge themselves more. They only played 9 games (as was Ivy rules at the time), and played UMass (then under the small schools classification) and Holy Cross (one year removed from a canceled season after a hepatitis outbreak). They won those games easily, as they should have.

True, they kicked the crap out of Ivy competition. But that's happened plenty of times. And I don't think any of the Ivy teams that year had signature OOC victories that would make the 1970 Dartmouth romp particularly impressive.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the 1970 Dartmouth team. But I can imagine that it's frustrating for some of the Ivy teams that have gone undefeated since then to wonder why they don't get the legendary status and plaudits that 1970 Dartmouth did.

Go Green
September 17th, 2014, 10:24 AM
Things like this make me pause about my self-imposed ban on sports gambling. Reason always prevails, and I never do make the wagers, but... if I did, Cross and the over... wow.

This is what happened last time the teams played in Cambridge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colton-chapple-helps-harvard-rout-021100379--ncaaf.html

crusader11
September 17th, 2014, 10:28 AM
This is what happened last time the teams played in Cambridge.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/colton-chapple-helps-harvard-rout-021100379--ncaaf.html

A better indicator of where these teams stand against one another may be last season's game (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/harvard-outlasts-holy-cross-41-214105369--ncaaf.html), especially considering the QBs from that game are both back this season.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2014, 10:47 AM
A better indicator of where these teams stand against one another may be last season's game (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/harvard-outlasts-holy-cross-41-214105369--ncaaf.html), especially considering the QBs from that game are both back this season.

76 points, 6 point Harvard win. Current line is Harvard -15 1/2, o/u 54 1/2. FYI

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2014, 10:47 AM
The 1970 Dartmouth team is usually at the top of the list when discussing the best Ivy teams since the league's formation. And maybe that's justified.

But it's a shame that they didn't get to challenge themselves more. They only played 9 games (as was Ivy rules at the time), and played UMass (then under the small schools classification) and Holy Cross (one year removed from a canceled season after a hepatitis outbreak). They won those games easily, as they should have.

True, they kicked the crap out of Ivy competition. But that's happened plenty of times. And I don't think any of the Ivy teams that year had signature OOC victories that would make the 1970 Dartmouth romp particularly impressive.

I'm not trying to take anything away from the 1970 Dartmouth team. But I can imagine that it's frustrating for some of the Ivy teams that have gone undefeated since then to wonder why they don't get the legendary status and plaudits that 1970 Dartmouth did.

I saw the 1970 Dartmouth team play a very good Yale team in 1970. Even though the final score was 10-0, Dartmouth dominated.

The only Ivy teams I saw that could have competed with them, in my opinion, were Yale '68 and maybe Princeton '64. Would have loved to see that Dartmouth defense compete against those two great offenses.

Edit to add: By the way, Green26 was a member of that 1970 Dartmouth team

Lehigh'98
September 17th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Its also a sad day for Lehigh when we have 2 games under our belt and are dogs to a team that has yet to play a game. I'm not disputing that line though, we have looked awful defensively.

Sader87
September 17th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Don't look now but the Ivies are hijacking a PL thread here.....

It is too bad that those 60s and 70s Ivy teams couldn't play more games or play "up" for the most part.

Hopefully Ivy football will one day come out of its self-imposed cacoon.

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2014, 11:37 AM

With 5 inter-league games this weekend, it's not much of a hijacking.

DFW HOYA
September 17th, 2014, 11:47 AM
With 5 inter-league games this weekend, it's not much of a hijacking.

A few years from now, five PL-Ivy games in one week will be a rarity. The change in schedules will be taking its toll by then.

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2014, 11:54 AM

Conversely, I'm boycotting Ivy threads entirely and I will no longer post weekly Ivy sportsbook lines unless the opponent is Patriot team. I used to post lines on Ivy threads mid-week just to bump them up from page three and to maintain Ivy some FCS exposure, but no longer. It *might* have something to do with those repeated, public pronouncements by Ivy that Patriot teams no longer are worthy of their schedules.

Did you know Penn is playing, umm . . . . Jacksonville this week? Ninety-plus games against Lafayette and the Quackers opt for Jacksonville instead? Ever see that stadium down there? It makes Multi-Sport Field look like the Taj Ma-friggin-hal. But noooooo . . . Penn has to go down to the Land of the Rising Redneck instead of coming to Easton to play in a facility that was purpose-built to host teams such as theirs.

EDIT: And I hope there's a hurricane or a typhoon or a tsunami or what have you when they get down to Jacksonville. Maybe some hail too, like the size of grapefruit (or at least a tangelo). Rainy, windy, dense clouds and teeth-chattering cold will do as well - if not all my dreams can come true.

bulldog10jw
September 17th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Conversely, I'm boycotting Ivy threads entirely and I will no longer post Ivy sportsbook lines unless the opponent is Patriot team. I used to post on Ivy threads just to bump them up from page three and to maintain them some exposure, but no longer. It *might* have something to do with those repeated, public pronouncements by Ivy that Patriot teams no longer are worthy of their schedules.

Did you know Penn was playing, umm . . . . Jacksonville this week? Ninety-plus games against Lafayette and the Quackers opt for Jacksonville instead? Ever see that stadium down there? It makes Multi-Sport Field look like the Taj Ma-friggin-hal. But noooooo . . . Penn has to go down to the Land of the Rising Redneck instead of coming to Easton to play in a facility that was purpose-built to host teams such as theirs.

But that's common ground for the IL and the PL. We all hate Penn.

crusader11
September 17th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Did you know Penn was playing, umm . . . . Jacksonville this week? Ninety-plus games against Lafayette and the Quackers opt for Jacksonville instead? Ever see that stadium down there? It makes Multi-Sport Field look like the Taj Ma-friggin-hal. But noooooo . . . Penn has to go down to the Land of the Rising Redneck instead of coming to Easton to play in a facility that was purpose-built to host teams such as theirs.

Charleston Southern will, forever, take the cake:

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/admin/wp-content/gallery/charleston-southern-buccaneers-buccaneer-field/buccaneer-field.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Charleston Southern will, forever, take the cake:

Jacksonville University:

http://www.stadiumsusa.com/images/thumbs/b72b05f8c45ea0ba9c0735a73cabbbc76cea756e.jpg-590x1000.png

EDIT: Actually Jacksonville has added a little AstroTurf and a few temporary aluminum bleachers since that pic was taken. But by the time the weather comes through (as I hope) that's what the place will look like once again.

DOUBLE SECRET EDIT: Nix the bleachers. All they did was staple down some green plastic. Otherwise it's the same.

DFW HOYA
September 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
DOUBLE SECRET EDIT: Nix the bleachers. All they did was staple down some green plastic. Otherwise it's the same.

From the Jacksonville web site. Capacity 2,900:

http://www.judolphins.com/sports/fball/2014-15/photos/IMG_3040.jpg

http://www.judolphins.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140910892ead

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2014, 12:44 PM
An enhanced view:

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/001/329/475/Jacksonville_display_image.jpg?1316573891

It's the handiness and convenience of Jacksonville's lockers and other facilities that make it such a draw for Big Ivy

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2014, 12:52 PM
From the Jacksonville web site. Now seats 2,900:

http://www.judolphins.com/sports/fball/2014-15/photos/IMG_3040.jpg

http://www.judolphins.com/sports/fball/2014-15/releases/20140910892ead

OK so maybe they put the temporary aluminum bleachers back up. I'm still guessing they won't last the weekend, what with the hurricanes and the hail and the grapefruit and the tangelos and all. And the shredded green plastic will be left wrapping street light poles from there to Pascagoula.

Pard4Life
September 17th, 2014, 01:44 PM
I'm not overly incensed about not playing Penn. It is not a continuous rivalry and we did not play them for 12 years or so in the 50s-60s.

We will be playing each other again at some point.

PAllen
September 17th, 2014, 02:39 PM

Hold on a minute, I have to go check for snow around the office.

Pard4Life
September 17th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Quiet this week... I don't think everyone is very excited about their team this year...

Bucknell: Has not been tested yet; close win vs. cupcake and blowout of another
Colgate: Solid showing vs. Ball State, which was defeated by mediocre Indiana State; lost to nemesis Delaware in tragic fashion
Fordham: Destroyed in their only true big test of the season; cupcake victories so far
Georgetown: see DFW posts
Holy Cross: maybe some excitement in Sader land pending the outcome of the Harvard game; save for a TD that should not have happened, Cross'd be 3-0
Lehigh: might have to suit up LFN to play CB; shoulda beat JMU and destroyed by UNH
Lafayette: defense is exciting to watch BUT, offense is non-existent; facing the inevitable vs. W&M before another RMU type opponent next week; we win 50-3 and you feel that you didn't play well... I guess that sums it up...

Sader87
September 17th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Are those your picks P4L or just your impressions so fah? I'm guessing impressions.

Hard to get too excited about the Saders just yet. Have shown flashes of being solid but flashes of some poor play too. Haven't truly been tested yet. Next two weeks are huge.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2014, 11:17 PM
I saw the 1970 Dartmouth team play a very good Yale team in 1970. Even though the final score was 10-0, Dartmouth dominated.

The only Ivy teams I saw that could have competed with them, in my opinion, were Yale '68 and maybe Princeton '64. Would have loved to see that Dartmouth defense compete against those two great offenses.

Edit to add: By the way, Green26 was a member of that 1970 Dartmouth team

Princeton '64 was a great team which I also had the pleasure of seeing. 9-0 in Cosmo Iacavazzi's senior year. Old-school Single-Wing power football and a great defense. The Tigers might have also gone undefeated in 1965 but lost to Dartmouth 28-14 in the season finale at Palmer Stadium. In that game, Princeton's All-East Captain, Paul Savidge, broke his neck during the Dartmouth game and was in traction for months afterwards.

Go...gate
September 17th, 2014, 11:21 PM
A few years from now, five PL-Ivy games in one week will be a rarity. The change in schedules will be taking its toll by then.

IMO, a few years from now, many more Ivy schools will be playing Georgetown as an OOC opponent.

HoyaMetanoia
September 18th, 2014, 01:54 AM
IMO, a few years from now, many more Ivy schools will be playing Georgetown as an OOC opponent.

That's the only way Georgetown is going to survive. If that's not the case, it's because there will be no program at that point.

Sader87
September 18th, 2014, 10:34 AM
I think the fact that HC-Harvard just inked a contract through 2025 dispels somewhat of the rumors that the Ivies were abandoning the PL altogether. Will they play less frequently in general? Perhaps....but my guess is we'll see a fair amount of PL-IL games every year moving forward.

crusader11
September 18th, 2014, 10:43 AM
13-4 on the season...

HOLY CROSS @ Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale

Brown @ GEORGETOWN

FORDHAM @ Columbia

Cornell @ COLGATE

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart

Lehigh Football Nation
September 18th, 2014, 11:04 AM
My PL power poll right now:

1. Fordham
2. Lafayette
3. Bucknell
4. Holy Cross
5. Colgate
6. Lehigh
7. Georgetown

With some W's, Colgate and Lehigh will climb up, but until they do, Cross at 2-1 sits ahead of them.

Sader87
September 18th, 2014, 11:13 AM

1. Fordham
2. Lafayette
3. Bucknell
4. Holy Cross
5. Colgate
6. Lehigh
7. Georgetown

With some W's, Colgate and Lehigh will climb up, but until they do, Cross at 2-1 sits ahead of them.

Hard to disagree with this. I still believe we a very bell-shaped curve league, with FU at the top and GU at the bottom with a very muddled middle at 2-6.

This will be somewhat of a tell-tale week. Is Bucknell for real? A win at SHU would staht to make a believer out of me. Is Lehigh down? A loss at Yale would staht that discussion. Is HC bettah than they've been the last couple years? A win or good game at Allston might show that. Among other questions....very interesting weekend for the PL.

Ghost
September 18th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Holy Cross @ Harvard
Lehigh @ Yale
Brown @ Georgetown
Fordham @ Columbia
Cornell @ Colgate
Bucknell @ Sacred Heart

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 18th, 2014, 01:49 PM
16-1 Overall...This week will challenge that....

Harvard 27 Holy Cross 21 - If the game was at Fitton I'd take the Crusaders. Harvard has been in my Top 25 all year....

Brown 31 Georgetown 13 - The Hoya's got their win....

Fordham 55 Columbia 27 - Fordham has scored 50 + twice and given up half-a-hundred once. They'll add another notch to the good....

Colgate 28 Cornell 17 - Colgate rights the ship after a tough start to the year....

Sacred Heart 20 Bucknell 17 - Are the Bison healthy? If not, this game will be higher scoring.....

William & Mary 30 Lafayette 17 - This is a game where the 'Pards could win. But, the odds, especially at home, are on the Tribe's side...

Lehigh 41 Yale 27 - Lehigh should be able to rack up the yards on the Eli. Thankfully, Yale is breaking in a lot of new faces which should result in a few mistakes. This is a MUST win for Lehigh if they want to put together another 7-8 win year....

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2014, 02:25 PM

1. Fordham
2. Lafayette
3. Bucknell
4. Holy Cross
5. Colgate
6. Lehigh
7. Georgetown

Meh... I'd go...

1) Fordham
2) Bucknell
3) Colgate
4) Holy Cross
5) Lafayette
6) Lehigh
7) Georgetown

Pards and Fowl are pretty even... how about a 4-6 team battle in 150? ... mega-letdown...

Doc QB
September 18th, 2014, 02:51 PM
I think the fact that HC-Harvard just inked a contract through 2025 dispels somewhat of the rumors that the Ivies were abandoning the PL altogether. Will they play less frequently in general? Perhaps....but my guess is we'll see a fair amount of PL-IL games every year moving forward.

Correct. Too much history. Not enough FCS teams to go around. The sky is certainly not falling regarding this perceived scheduling issue. If it does, we'll hopefully have an FBS opportunity (if desired) and play more of an improving NEC. My personal hope, would be to continue to challenge our programs with CAA teams and a sprinkling of SoCon and an occasional MVFC team.

Sader87
September 18th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I don't know if you'll see HC play too many SoCon or MVFC-type schools in the future. I've proposed this in the past (trip to Montana or NDSU.....Furman or Citadel etc) on our board but from some insider info posters, the cost and time (away from school) to play these types of schools make them less attractive to TPTB at HC.

Once in a great while? Maybe....but I think HC will primarily play in New England and the Notheast moving forward.

RichH2
September 18th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Meh... I'd go...

1) Fordham
2) Bucknell
3) Colgate
4) Holy Cross
5) Lafayette
6) Lehigh
7) Georgetown

Pards and Fowl are pretty even... how about a 4-6 team battle in 150? ... mega-letdown...Lets hope we both get better before then.

Pard4Life
September 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Lets hope we both get better before then.

Or like the 1964 game... one combined win.. xdrunkyx

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2014, 04:26 PM
The Marquis went down early to Williamsburg with some fashion advice for T.J.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2yyeceo.png

jimbo65
September 18th, 2014, 06:06 PM

1. Fordham
2. Lafayette
3. Bucknell
4. Holy Cross
5. Colgate
6. Lehigh
7. Georgetown

Good Lord. You cant be serious. Nice to root for the PL but I imagine if you were actually risking your $ the selections would have been different.

Sader87
September 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Those were LFN's PL rankings so fah jimbo, not this week's selections.

ngineer
September 18th, 2014, 07:24 PM
The Marquis went down early to Williamsburg with some fashion advice for T.J.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2yyeceo.png

Oh, how that clashes!!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Holy Cross at Harvard - In its Game Notes, Harvard boasts that it "has amassed a 199-137-8 (.590) record against opponents currently in the Patriot Football League. The Crimson holds a .500 record or better against every team in the conference. The Crimson plays three Patriot League teams this fall: Holy Cross, Georgetown and Lafayette." Naturally it stands to reason, with that kind of record, that ex-Lafayette assistant Tim Murphy wants to Purge the Patsies from all future Cantab slates. The Crusaders once again will face Crimson Sr. QB Conner Hempel and So. RB Paul Stanton, Jr. from the game that went to triple overtime last year . . . but I think the Purple Tinky-Winkies will exact some revenge. Holy Cross, 31-30

Lehigh at Yale - Hard to say just what's wrong with the Dravo Dimwits this season . . . but I like it! Clemson transfer Morgan Roberts figures to start at QB for the Elohim, throwing to standout WR Deon Randall and giving to RB Tyler Varga (who missed much of last season). But Yale lost some of their OL girth due to graduation and could be vulnerable to a solid pass rush - if only Lehigh had one. Yale did pretty well overall last year until they jumped the shark at Princeton and gave it up vs. Harvard in The Game. I'm looking for Yale to excrete the Brown this week. Yale, 28-24

Brown at Georgetown - If I recall correctly, Georgetown installed special "visitor's stands" for the first occasion of the Bruins visit to D.C. Those stands haven't worn well, and neither have the Hoyas. In the four wins in this series, Brown has never scored less than 34 points. They'll maintain that streak on Saturday; not even a Fluke will rescue the Potomac Pound Puppies. Brown, 38-14

Fordham at Columbia - Unless the ghost of Robert Frost emerges to provide the Rams with directions to Inwood, this one will be over in the first quarter. Fordham and Columbia compete on separate existential gridirons. Even if Ram QB Mike Nebrich is held out, I don't see the Lions channeling a Villanova-like offense . . . or even a Bryn Mawr College-like offense. Junior transfer Brett Nottingham, the erstwhile Stanford Cardinal, is slated to start for the Powder Blue but who knows where or to whom he will throw the ball. Nottingham could simply hand the ball off to RB Cameron Molina, but then again so could my sister. The Sheep will keep them in the wool. Fordham, 45-10

Cornell at Colgate - This could turn out to be an actual football game, unlike some others on the board this weekend, but it probably won't. The 3-7 Big Red got thumped by the Red Raiders last season and nothing I've read or heard indicates that they'll do materially better this time around. For one thing, Jeff Mathews (a/k/a "the greatest quarterback in Ivy League history by any measure," according to the Cornell Game Notes)*** was cut from the Indianapolis Colts practice squad last week and no longer is around to save the day. From its 102-player roster, Cornell apparently has selected Jr. James Few to call the signals. Very Few have seen James in any action and he'll be operating in a new scheme with a new Offensive Coordinator. With apologies to my dear First Lady, the Big Red ought to stick to polo. Colgate, 31-20

*** Whatever you do, DON'T go to Cornell's new JavaScript-laden football page. Never say I didn't warn you.

Bucknell at Sacred Heart - The Game of the Week? Really? OK, I'll bite. A win by Sacred Heart and they're destined for the FCS Top 25, if not the Super Bowl. A win by the Annoying Orange and they're destined for . . . umm . . . a pleasant ride home to the Buffalo Valley. If you go by the numbers, the Bison should win this game. Both teams took out Marist; Bucknell has a win over a SoCon team while the Pioneers beat a Division II team. The difference is Sacred Heart's win over Lafayette - and Joe Susan has the tape. So transbucknellianistically speaking, edge to the Orange, I think. Lafayette was trying out a whole new defense but the Brusin' Susans will bring the game that left Lehigh in tatters last year. Bucknell, 24-17

Lafayette at William & Mary - The Tribe presently is ranked somewhere in the mid-teens (depending on who you believe) with an FBS loss and wins over two MEAC teams that don't really count. Pards lost to an NEC team and beat another; the loss to Sacred Heart wasn't as bad as it looked and the win over Robert Morris wasn't as good as it looked. Pard defense is shaping up nicely but the OL remains suspect and Drew Reed looks a bit lost and confused. Having receivers without the ability to run a route or pull in a ball doesn't help matters. The Tribe looks to start So. Steve Cluley at QB. Cluley apparently got the nod over backup Christian Brambaugh but Cluley is behind an OL that has rookies on the left side and a right side with very little game experience prior to this season. I'd love to give the Pards the nod in this one and I hope they surprise me. But the least bit of Frankosauring will spell doom for the Maroon. William & Mary, 21-17

jimbo65
September 18th, 2014, 09:28 PM
Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Mea culpa, Mea culpa, Mea maxima culpa.

Ideo precor beátam Maríam semper vírginem, oráre pro me ad Dóminum Deum nostrum. :)

Bill
September 18th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Hey, my parents used to tell me all the time about the masses in Latin!

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Hey, my parents used to tell me all the time about the masses in Latin!

I would do next week's picks in Latin but that wouldn't be fair to Ivy. They're more focused on "social justice issues" these days. xcoolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Geez . . . tough crowd this week. Neither "separate existential gridirons" nor "transbucknellianistically speaking" managed to impress. I'll keep trying but you guys are brutal! xoopsx

"Victus est a Universitatis Pennsylvanium?" No? Nothing? I might have to retire . . . :(

Sader87
September 18th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Good luck in Williamsburg Bogey.....one of the all-time road-trips we had in 1986....drove down to W&M in a Winnebago in '86....the thing broke down about an hour or so on our way back to Woo.....rented some ****-box and had 7 guys in a Chevy 4-door something or other 10 hours back to HC. Good times xdrunkyx

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Good luck in Williamsburg Bogey.....one of the all-time road-trips we had in 1986....drove down to W&M in a Winnebago in '86....the thing broke down about an hour or so on our way back to Woo.....rented some ****-box and had 7 guys in a Chevy 4-door something or other 10 hours back to HC. Good times xdrunkyx

Thanks for the good tidings, Sader87. If the Winnebago breaks down on the Post Road to Allston this year, just get out in Waltham and swim up the Charles. They have towels in the boathouse and a coxswain can show you to your seats - that's what they're for. Beat Harvard!!!

Sader87
September 19th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Sadly, my Winnebago days are but a mist of the past.....driving to Braintree or Quincy, T'ing it to Hahhhvid Square, meeting people in a bah there, and then crossing the Charles into Allston.

Tribe4SF
September 19th, 2014, 03:17 AM
Geez . . . tough crowd this week. Neither "separate existential gridirons" nor "transbucknellianistically speaking" managed to impress. I'll keep trying but you guys are brutal! xoopsx

"Victus est a Universitatis Pennsylvanium?" No? Nothing? I might have to retire . . . :(

Please don't! Just because no one messes with you doesn't mean we aren't LOLing.

As for the Latin...it hasn't been spoken at W&M since TJ graduated. Just doesn't work with a Southern accent.

LeopardBall10
September 19th, 2014, 07:13 AM
As for the Latin...it hasn't been spoken at W&M since TJ graduated. Just doesn't work with a Southern accent.

Now THAT is a great image
http://ardenrr.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/32e906fec12e312f354d14c526064a0d1c.png?w=824
Good luck this weekend Tribe. I hope it is another great game. The Fighting Jimmyes are always a worthy opponent.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 10:47 AM
  

http://youtu.be/IIAdHEwiAy8?&start=30s

Sader87
September 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Cross(naturally)-posted at CROSSPORTS:

The HAL9000 and I are off to a sterling start so fah this campaign. This is really the first week that I felt I had to add some punch cahds into his mainframe due to many potentially close tilts:

Yale 30 Lehigh 27 HAL feels that this is essentially a push.....going with the Eli as they staht their 100th year at the Yale Bowl.

Bruno 27 GTown 9 HAL is not particularly high on the Bruins this year but figures they will soldier through to a victory in our nation's capitol.

Fordham 34 Columbia 10 This "rivalry" is approaching HC-BC in the early/mid 70s level. Nebrich not 100%, the Rams may only play him until the game is in hand.

Colgate 28 Cornell 20 The Red Raiders lost in killah fashion in Newark, DE last week, look for them to rebound in the cozy confines of Andy Kerr.

Sacred Heart 24 Bucknell 16 HAL is not sold on the Bison just yet.

W&M 27 Lafayette 18 The Pards were victorious on their last sojurn to Williamsburg. HAL doesn't see that anomaly happening again this year.

Harvard 31 Holy Cross 27 HAL being a creature of logic and patterns, doesn't see this particular Crusader quite accomplished enough just yet to win in Allston for the first time since 2000. He apologizes and hopes he is wrong here.

Leopard Loyalist
September 19th, 2014, 11:36 AM
HOLY CROSS @ Harvard

LEHIGH @ Yale

Brown @ GEORGETOWN

FORDHAM @ Columbia

Cornell @ COLGATE

BUCKNELL @ Sacred Heart

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I thought Holy Cross @ Harvard was supposed to be on one of the ESPN channels tonight. Is this not accurate?

crusader11
September 19th, 2014, 03:16 PM
I thought Holy Cross @ Harvard was supposed to be on one of the ESPN channels tonight. Is this not accurate?

ESPN....3

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Last week: 5-1 (Georgetown, figures)
Season: 16-1

Tough week... could very well win only three games... (Brown, Rams and Gate are locks)

Harvard 28, Holy Cross 27... a typical HC loss and the HC board will attempt to broil Gilmore upon his return to campus.

Lehigh 35, Yale 27... everyone seems hesitant but I'm straight up going with the Fowl. They can score and it's Yale's first game. A better Lehigh team beat a better Princeton team last year after all.

Brown 34, Georgetown 10... No.

Fordham 52, Columbia 14... Third scrimmage of the year for Rams.

Colgate 42, SUNY-Ithaca 17... No.

Sacred Heart 17, Bucknell 14... PL GOTW. Much intrigue riding on this game. SHU is more experienced and at home. If BU wins, I'd be impressed.

W&M 24, Lafayette 14... defense plays valiantly before being drowned at the end by our offensive ineptitude. Duncan being back is intriguing, but let's be real here: we have no passing game.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 03:35 PM
ESPN....3

Thanks. I was searching Comcast and I was starting to worry. xoopsx

If they go for your knees tonight like they did last year, I hope Gilmore gives the "all clear." xtroublex

Good luck! Beat Harvard!    http://optimaltraining.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/04/17/waterboy_you_can_do_it.gif

crusader11
September 19th, 2014, 03:52 PM
"You can always tell a Harvard man, but you can't tell him much."

Beat the Johnnies!

bison137
September 19th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Tough week... could very well win only three games... (Brown, Rams and Gate are locks)

I expect Gate to win, but I think it may be closer than many expect. Brown and Fordham games, not so close.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I expect Gate to win, but I think it may be closer than many expect. Brown and Fordham games, not so close.

And I fully expect the Orange to win in Connecticut. Others don't agree, I know. But I just have a gut feeling about this one.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Week 4 Sportsbook UPDATE

Line changes since Wednesday morning are in BOLD:

William & Mary (-11½) vs. Lafayette o/u 43  Now (-10)

Sacred Heart (-7½) vs. Bucknell o/u 42½  Now o/u 42

Lehigh (pk) at Yale o/u 59  Now Yale (-1½) vs. Lehigh o/u 59

Colgate (-4½) vs. Cornell o/u 58  Now (-5½)

Fordham (-27½) at Columbia o/u 54½  Now (-31)

Brown (-16½) at Georgetown o/u 44½  Now (-14½)

Harvard (-15½) vs. Holy Cross o/u 54½  Now (-14½) o/u 57½

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Wow, put money on the Saders!

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Wow, put money on the Saders!

Seriously! Especially with that half point......xthumbsupx

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Seriously! Especially with that half point......xthumbsupx

Well, it looks like the money was going on Harvard so they're tempting Holy Cross bettors by lowering the spread by a point. The o/u jumped three points because everyone was betting the over - meaning this one ought to be a high-scoring thrillah! xnodx

EDIT: Just as a reminder I do not, and I have never, bet on these games. The lines are posted for fun and discussion only.

RichH2
September 19th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Good luck to the Purple tonight.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Almost forgot. Harvard 35, Cross 31.

And even though evidently I caused the line to jump, Cross+Over would have been great.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Harvard looked darn impressive on that drive. HC needs to step it up in the trenches on both sides of the ball....

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2014, 06:41 PM
HC Marvin the Martian mascot is in the house.

Really impressed with Puljas.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Holy Cross game thread on the Cross Board:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports/33744/2438027

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 06:55 PM
HC DL getting blown off the ball. Pujals needs to will HC to a win in this one...

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Harvard 14 Holy Cross 12 at the half.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2014, 08:20 PM
How many turnovers have Holy Cross had in four games now? It has to be double-digits.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Holy Cross is hurting themselves with turnovers. But, they got a huge break when the Harvard starting QB was out for most of the first half. The Crimson offense is easily more potent with #14 at QB...

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Pujals is a good QB but he can't do it alone. #10 is a good possession wr and Guild is solid but overall.....meh

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Harvard is rolling the Cross in the second half....

41-18 Harvard 9:12 4Q.....

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Too many Holy Cross mistakes. Cross O playing well but D has packed it in.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Too many Holy Cross mistakes. Cross O playing well but D has packed it in.

Holy Cross doesn't have anyone on offense that can stretch the field. Their best offense is letting Pujals make plays with his arm and legs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 09:00 PM
The more I think about it, Holy Cross-Harvard might be the most important game. Has anyone looked at the Crusader's schedule? While they sit at 2-1 things can change real quick. They're @ Harvard, Fordham, @ Colgate, @ Brown, @ Dartmouth, @ Lafayette. HC does not have a single home game in the month of October. If Holy Cross fails to beat either Harvard or Fordham they'll start a month long road trip 2-3. The heat will be on Gilmore and the Crusaders.....

Given HC's performance tonight and the road ahead, I'm officially turning on the Gilmore hot seat....

Go...gate
September 19th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Holy Cross 32, Harvard 28

Lehigh 27, Yale 17

Brown 22, Georgetown 7

Fordham 44, Columbia 13

Colgate 23, Cornell 20

Bucknell 14, Sacred Heart 13

William & Mary 24, Lafayette 13

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Harvard 41 Holy Cross 18 Final....

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Harvard 41 Holy Cross 18 Final....

Not as bad as the score would suggest. Cross played well but the defense turned tail in the second half. HC will be a tough out for any PL team.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 19th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Not as bad as the score would suggest. Cross played well but the defense turned tail in the second half. HC will be a tough out for any PL team.

I'm not sure about that. Holy Cross caught a big break by not having to deal with Harvard's starting QB for the majority of the first half. The Crimson were clearly a much different team with #14 under center. Pujals is a good QB but he has no one that can break off a big play when needed. Fumbles and mistakes have been the Crusaders problem all year so tonight was nothing new.

There was a point late in the game when the Harvard RB was averaging 10 yards per carry. That's not good....

HC "might" be a tough out for any team. We'll see next week. If I'm the Fordham offense I'm licking my chops. HC will have a very tough time stopping the Ram offense....

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Just want to point out the white elephant in the room here: scholarships. Scholarships have completely turned the Ivy Patriot relationship on its head. The game was not competitive thanks to the superior breed of athlete on the field tonight. There is no way that Harvard should allow themselves to compete against such teams on an unlevel playing field. Thankfully Penn has the wherewithal to schedule Jacksonville, a team more aligned with its athletic values and talent.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 09:40 PM
"As college football has changed, becoming a farm system for the professionals, Yale and the Ivy League, the Patriot League and some others have held tight to their standards of academics [first] and athletics. And when you meet [the players], it's easy to be impressed with their character."

http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-yale-bowl-100th-anniv-0919-20140918-story.html

:)

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Normally I would congratulate the Johnnies on their victory over Holy Cross this evening. Since I'm forever boycotting all Ivy League threads (and you should as well), I'll just leave it at that. Except to say that Cross coulda won. xcoolx

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 10:12 PM
In case anybody missed it . . .

FUTURE HOLY CROSS - HARVARD FOOTBALL GAMES 

   Date           Site

Sept. 19, 2014    Harvard Stadium, Cambridge, Mass.
Oct. 15, 2016     Fitton Field, Worcester, Mass.
Oct. 13, 2018     Harvard Stadium, Cambridge, Mass.
Oct. 19, 2019     Fitton Field, Worcester, Mass.
Oct. 3, 2020      Harvard Stadium, Cambridge, Mass.
Oct. 2, 2021      Fitton Field, Worcester, Mass.
Oct. 1, 2022      Harvard Stadium, Cambridge, Mass.
Sept. 30, 2023    Fitton Field, Worcester, Mass.
Oct. 19, 2024     Harvard Stadium, Cambridge, Mass.
Oct. 18, 2025     Fitton Field, Worcester, Mass.

This is a very good omen for all of us, my friends. Could be that we'll all soon be back where we belong.

http://www.goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2014-15/releases/20140916cswq6n

Lehigh Football Nation
September 19th, 2014, 10:23 PM
The only certain thing is that nobody in their right mind should go to me for betting advice.

As for Holy Cross, losing is in their heads. Big time.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 10:34 PM
The only certain thing is that nobody in their right mind should go to me for betting advice.

As for Holy Cross, losing is in their heads. Big time.

Nope. Let's match AI to AI with equal money. Then we'll see.

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 11:02 PM
OK, before I bid all a good evening - given this evening's performance, odds for Harvard @ Georgetown on October 4? xembarrassedx

Could be a barn burner. Anyone?

Pard4Life
September 19th, 2014, 11:27 PM
OK, before I bid all a good evening - given this evening's performance, odds for Harvard @ Georgetown on October 4? xembarrassedx

As Joe Buck once said: "Can you count to 70?"

Bogus Megapardus
September 19th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Everyone ought to take a moment to read this remarkably well-written post from the HoyaSaxa.com Message Board regarding the state and status of Georgetown's unfinished Multi-Sport Field. One of my goals in life is to be able to pen an off-the-cuff missive with such brilliant ease and alacrity. I'm reminded that I have so much yet to learn.

http://hoyatalk2.proboards.com/post/599334/thread

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I'm thinking that I won't have time to post these tomorrow, so...

Lehigh 35, Yale 27 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-breakdown-lehigh-vs-yale-9202014.html)

Brown 35, Georgetown 10

Fordham 73, Columbia 3

Colgate 25, Cornell 22

Sacred Heart 28, Bucknell 17

William and Mary 37, Lafayette 6

Call it "Restoration of World Order" week

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2014, 07:22 AM

The only reason to attend that game is (possibly) political celebrity-spotting. Maybe Joe Biden will favor the crowd with a halftime gaffe.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2014, 08:29 AM
The only reason to attend that game is (possibly) political celebrity-spotting. Maybe Joe Biden will favor the crowd with a halftime gaffe.

Congrats, IT. You just made me choke laughing on my morning bagel.

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I'm thinking that I won't have time to post these tomorrow, so...

Lehigh 35, Yale 27 (http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-breakdown-lehigh-vs-yale-9202014.html)

Brown 35, Georgetown 10

Fordham 73, Columbia 3

Colgate 25, Cornell 22

Sacred Heart 28, Bucknell 17

William and Mary 37, Lafayette 6

Call it "Restoration of World Order" week

Those Lafayette and Fordham scores are very cynical. I don't think the Rams will run it up too badly on the Lions.

ColgateTD
September 20th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Very breezy and cloudy in central NY. Looks like Colgate's air game is a non-starter. We have to hope we can beat the Big Red on the ground. Will be a test of Melville's elusiveness.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Hoya leading Bruno 7-3 in the 2Q

Georgetown a little better than I thought; Brown keeps self-destructing.

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Colgate helmets... MAJOR fail!

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
If you took Jorgé and the points, you're in for a payday. Hoyas suck approximately 35% less than previously reported. Up 14-3 in the 3rd.

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2014, 01:04 PM
If you took Jorgé and the points, you're in for a payday. Hoyas suck approximately 35% less than previously reported. Up 14-3 in the 3rd.

What about SHU and Bucknell? For some reason, ESPN has not been reporting some PL scores (previous weeks too).

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Consistent with the overall redirection of its institutional mission, Brown University seems to have adopted a feminist approach to the game of football.

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 01:16 PM
What about SHU and Bucknell? For some reason, ESPN has not been reporting some PL scores (previous weeks too).

... Are you citdog's straight man?

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Bucky 14, Bleeding Heart 13 - at the half.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Georgetown 17, Brown 3 - Final.

Congratulations to the Hoyas. Quite a surprise. xthumbsupx

EDIT - looks like mass mayhem at 37th and O. I think they're going to torch the Port-a-Pottys.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2014, 01:44 PM
PL doing better this week, so far....

Engineer86
September 20th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Yes the Ivies are a little different than the CAA

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Big pick Bucky but missed PAT. Annoying Orange up 20-13 in the 3rd.

Ivytalk
September 20th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Georgetown 17, Brown 3 - Final.

Congratulations to the Hoyas. Quite a surprise. xthumbsupx

EDIT - looks like mass mayhem at 37th and O. I think they're going to torch the Port-a-Pottys.

It is to laugh.xlolx

Brown must really suck this year.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Another TD for No-Suck-Buck. 27-13. Should be a very pleasant ride back to the Buffalo Valley.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Meanwhile, Gate seems to be channeling its inner Frankosaurus up in Hamilton.

blackbeard
September 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Another TD for No-Suck-Buck. 27-13. Should be a very pleasant ride back to the Buffalo Valley.

SHU looks horrible today

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Gate's entire offensive scheme is to have Jake Melville score from 50 yards out on a QB draw. But hey - whatever works! xnodx

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Bucknell looks so average today. Only up 30-13 on a FG with 2:00 left in the 3rd. I think they're holding back until the league games start.

Franks Tanks
September 20th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Nice job by the Bison. Makes me feel even worse about the Pards stinbomg against SHU.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Bucky again in the red zone, running off minutes.

EDIT - Buffaloes score (again) but miss the PAT (again). 36-13 with about 9 mins. to go.

blackbeard
September 20th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Disgusting and embarrassing play by the Pioneers, worst performance in 2 years. At least we don't have to worry about someone starting another "NEC gets no respect" threads.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Horrible PI call against Bucknell. Zebras are desperately trying to give this game to Sacred Heart.

EDIT - yep, that's it. I actually saw the money changing hands on the replay.

Southsider
September 20th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Disgusting and embarrassing play by the Pioneers, worst performance in 2 years. At least we don't have to worry about someone starting another "NEC gets no respect" threads.

Well, I can assure you, Lehigh is even worse.

DFW HOYA
September 20th, 2014, 02:33 PM
4th quarter time of possession:

Georgetown: 12:18
Brown: 2:42

That's how to do it.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:37 PM
SHU can't convert 4th & 12.

Pioneers game almost identical to what we saw at Lafayette, but they don't play well from behind. Massive biological units on the OL for Sacred Heart are worn down and getting real sloppy late in the game.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Refs penalize Orange once again for no reason whatsoever, then call an SHU touchdown that was so far out of bounds that it might as well have been caught in a different zip code.

Being an NEC ref must be a good job. Are all the "gratuities" paid in cash?

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Bucknell 36, Sacred Heart 20 - Final.

Nice job, Bison. xthumbsupx (I knew it all along! xnodx)

blackbeard
September 20th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Nothing sucks as bad as losing to a PL team, at least we swept a 2 game series from the Pards.

On a serious note, hope the Bucknell RB isn't hurt. Hate to see a starter go down during garbage time

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Nothing sucks as bad as losing to a PL team

Trust me, losing to an NEC team sucks MUCH worse.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Glad to see Colgate drop the third quarter Frankosaurus act and come on in the 4th to put Cornell away. 27-12 Final.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 20th, 2014, 03:05 PM
OK, I admit that I am getting excited. The Bison shut down an experienced team on their home field, flashing some offense weapons while playing decent defense. Cornell next week-- we have not won in that series in a long time, but going into last season we said that about Lehigh and Colgate. A week at a time...

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2014, 03:10 PM
OK, I admit that I am getting excited. The Bison shut down an experienced team on their home field, flashing some offense weapons while playing decent defense. Cornell next week-- we have not won in that series in a long time, but going into last season we said that about Lehigh and Colgate. A week at a time...

Congrats to the Bison - that's a good win. SHU didn't play very well, but that's no excuse - Bucknell earned a quality road win. They are in a good spot in the PL race this year - good luck.

Bucknell certainly wasn't dominant - game stats were quite even. If the Pioneers fixed a few things, maybe the score goes the other way.
http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=400558486

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2014, 03:13 PM

Agreed ;) but at least now, in most cases, it is a "quality" win when you beat an NEC contender

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 03:15 PM

I watched both the Bucknell/SHU game and the Cornell/Colgate game on split screen. Cornell has NO passing game. None.

blackbeard
September 20th, 2014, 03:17 PM

Pards would know

Sader87
September 20th, 2014, 03:19 PM
SHU is not that good imo....decent maybe, but not "good." Product of a very weak schedule so fah (no offense Bogey).

I liked what little I saw of BU's defense but I wouldn't put them close to FU just yet.

Good day ovah all for the PL.....the Lehigh guys are going to be rending their garments though.

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2014, 03:24 PM
SHU is not that good imo....decent maybe, but not "good." Product of a very weak schedule so fah (no offense Bogey).

I liked what little I saw of BU's defense but I wouldn't put them close to FU just yet.

Good day ovah all for the PL.....the Lehigh guys are going to be rending their garments though.

I don't know what that says about Lafayette ...

Both teams had just over 300 yards of offense. SHU held the Bison to 40 yards rushing for the game!

Sorry, I watched the game and the 2 team were not that far apart. Bucknell won today, but if they played 10 more times, Bucknell wins 5 times.

blackbeard
September 20th, 2014, 03:26 PM

Hard to disagree, hopefully a loss will light a fire under them. All 4 games this year have been sloppy, turnovers, way too many penalties. Gotta play a lot better if we want to return to the FCS playoffs.

Fordham
September 20th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Lessons for this week are mostly focused for me on a huge Bison win. I saw SH last year and they are an impressive team imo. That's a great win for Bucknell.

The other story/question is 'what the hell happened to HC?"

Sader87
September 20th, 2014, 03:46 PM
The only "good" team in the PL right now imo ace is Fordham.

Every other team 2-7 is either below average or average right now. I think some PL teams have a chance to ultimately be "good" but their body of work hasn't shown that yet.

Sader87
September 20th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Lessons for this week are mostly focused for me on a huge Bison win. I saw SH last year and they are an impressive team imo. That's a great win for Bucknell.

The other story/question is 'what the hell happened to HC?"

See: fumbles and being worn down by Hahhhvid's depth.

Harvard was easily the best team the PL played against this week (I admittedly didn't see Yale). I should add, so fah, W&M will be a huge test for the Pahds.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Bison D did a terrific job. They knew that SHU was going to plow #33 Keshaudas Spence straight at them and that Spence would get his yards no matter what. But Bucknell kept them in check inside to 20 and they had enough push to force the QB into errant throws. Not so sure that Bucknell wouldn't win 8 out of 10 over Sacred Heart.

bulldog10jw
September 20th, 2014, 03:54 PM

That's how to do it.

Nice win. Congrats.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Yale 54, Lehigh 43. Congrats to Yale on opening up Year 100 at the Bowl in style.

Now regardless of the outcome, raise you hand if thought those two teams would combine for ninety-seven points this afternoon.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Fordham 49, Columbia 7.

But the more important issue is, when's that Brown - Columbia game? A must-watch if there ever was one. ;)

bulldog10jw
September 20th, 2014, 04:04 PM
Fordham 49, Columbia 7.

But the more important issue is, when's that Brown - Columbia game? A must-watch if there ever was one. ;)

Last game of the year. I assume you will skip the LU-LC game to be there. :D

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Bison D did a terrific job. They knew that SHU was going to plow #33 Keshaudas Spence straight at them and that Spence would get his yards no matter what. But Bucknell kept them in check inside to 20 and they had enough push to force the QB into errant throws. Not so sure that Bucknell wouldn't win 8 out of 10 over Sacred Heart.

Agree to disagree.

SHU defense held Lafayette to 98 yards rushing, and the Bison ran for just 40 yards. Marist and Assuption had 47 and 45 yards rushing respectively. I would say that SHU has a very stout rushing defense, period.

Bucknell had 247 yards passing - a very successful day. Lafayette managed just 143 yards in the air 2 weeks ago. The Bison made some big plays, so give them credit.

SHU had an awful personal foul penalty when the Bision had 4th and 22 deep in their own end - were set to punt. That first down gave the Bison a huge gift and the momentum for the rest of the game.

It was a 1-point game at the half, and SHU made some big mistakes and couldn't get their own offense moving in the 2nd half to sustain a drive. I though the Bison defense was very good. Can't say the same thing about their Bucknell offense - I thought it was mediocre and I don't think they win 8 out of 10 in a rematch.

A good win for Bucknell, but a subpar offensive performance by the Pioneers.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Pards would know

I don't know what that says about Lafayette ...

You won't find a single Lafayette fan who doesn't think the Pards stink to high heaven. Losing to Sacred Heart was an incomprehensibly embarrassing and thoroughly nauseating experience, regardless of the scholarship imbalance, AI difference, etc. So I am in total agreement with both of you.

bulldog10jw
September 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Yale 54, Lehigh 43. Congrats to Yale on opening up Year 100 at the Bowl in style.

Now regardless of the outcome, raise you hand if thought those two teams would combine for ninety-seven points this afternoon.

I think many of us thought it would be high scoring, but no one predicts 97 points. And it could have gone over 100. Yale ended the game on the Lehigh one yard line.

SHUAlumni55
September 20th, 2014, 04:16 PM
Agree to disagree.

SHU defense held Lafayette to 98 yards rushing, and the Bison ran for just 40 yards. Marist and Assuption had 47 and 45 yards rushing respectively. I would say that SHU has a very stout rushing defense, period.

Bucknell had 247 yards passing - a very successful day. Lafayette managed just 143 yards in the air 2 weeks ago. The Bison made some big plays, so give them credit.

SHU had an awful personal foul penalty when the Bision had 4th and 22 deep in their own end - were set to punt. That first down gave the Bison a huge gift and the momentum for the rest of the game.

It was a 1-point game at the half, and SHU made some big mistakes and couldn't get their own offense moving in the 2nd half to sustain a drive. I though the Bison defense was very good. Can't say the same thing about their Bucknell offense - I thought it was mediocre and I don't think they win 8 out of 10 in a rematch.

Accurate analysis, but sloppy play has been a problem for SHU all year. It caught up to them today. The penalty on 4th down was so stupid! Nofri needs to get this team disciplined if they are going to remain a top team in the NEC and try to contend in FCS playoff caliber football. Good game to the Bison, they won on the road and took advantage of huge holes in the pass defense.

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2014, 04:21 PM
You won't find a single Lafayette fan who doesn't think the Pards stink to high heaven. Losing to Sacred Heart was an incomprehensibly embarrassing and thoroughly nauseating experience, regardless of the scholarship imbalance, AI difference, etc. So I am in total agreement with both of you.

I understand, the expectations in Easton are higher than losing to an NEC team. But look at it this way, you are still in good company with your peers:

Sacred Heart vs. Ivy League (3-1)
Columbia (1-0)
Dartmouth (2-1)

Sacred Heart vs. Patriot League (4-6)
Bucknell (1-1)
Colgate (0-1)
Fordham (0-1)
Georgetown (1-0)
Holy Cross (0-2)
Lafayette (2-1)

blackbeard
September 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Agree to disagree.

Dead on analysis, hopefully Pioneers can learn from this game

Sader87
September 20th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I'm not saying the NEC is bad (which sounds like the staht of a bad joke) but it's hard to say that any team in it right now is "good" as in Top 25 good.

The PL is not very good this year overall. Most of the teams are transitioning into schollie programs and are experiencing growing pains in that regard.

I agree with you ace.....I don't think Bucknell is too strong overall, they were very opportunistic today and got a well-earned win on the road.

aceinthehole
September 20th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I agree, the NEC/PL/Ivy don't look very strong top-to bottom. No one really looks great, yet.

Obviously, I would put Fordham and Harvard on top for now (maybe Bryant after tonight). After that it is a huge mix of "average to good teams" right now that range from HC, Bucknell, SHU, Duquesne, Yale, etc. And there are a few awful teams (Brown, Columbia, Penn)

Southsider
September 20th, 2014, 04:57 PM
I agree, the NEC/PL/Ivy don't look very strong top-to bottom. No one really looks great, yet.

Obviously, I would put Fordham and Harvard on top for now (maybe Bryant after tonight). After that it is a huge mix of "average to good teams" right now that range from HC, Bucknell, SHU, Duquesne, Yale, etc. And there are a few awful teams (Brown, Columbia, Penn)

........and Lehighxthumbsdownx

Pard4Life
September 20th, 2014, 05:03 PM
SHU loss just means one thing I me: we could have blown them out. We had excellent field position and a stout defense. Our offense could not put together a drive through order if it had to. Simply awful. It's still awful. We scored 50 points last week and it means absolutely nothing.

Bogus Megapardus
September 20th, 2014, 05:29 PM
We scored 50 points last week . . .

. . . against a team that got blown out this afternoon by a PFL team.

We find out who we are tonight.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM

That's how to do it.

Georgetown: deservedly 2-1. Lehigh: deservedly 0-3. Congrats to the Hoyas. Should be a good one down in DC.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 20th, 2014, 05:43 PM
any (free?) video for the LC-W&M game?

RichH2
September 20th, 2014, 05:56 PM
any (free?) video for the LC-W&M game?

On campusinsiders at 7pm.

Southsider
September 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Pards looking very good! 7-7