PDA

View Full Version : Richmond/UNH

SpiderJPO
September 14th, 2014, 08:03 AM
Big early season CAA game this week. Should be a good one. The Spiders will be ready to start a march to a CAA Championship.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 14th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Looking forward to it. UNH will need to play for 4 quarters....maybe more

Mattymc727
September 14th, 2014, 10:37 AM
This will be a good one. Im thinking it will be just like the match-up in 2011. Every time these two play its goes down to the wire.

Im nervous, right now im leaning towards picking Richmond. UNH has the talent, but they haven't proved much to me yet. They had really bad second halves against both Toledo and Lehigh. If UNH plays a full game they may win out from here, but we haven't seen that yet.

R3TRO
September 14th, 2014, 01:42 PM
This will be a good one. Im thinking it will be just like the match-up in 2011. Every time these two play its goes down to the wire.

Im nervous, right now im leaning towards picking Richmond. UNH has the talent, but they haven't proved much to me yet. They had really bad second halves against both Toledo and Lehigh. If UNH plays a full game they may win out from here, but we haven't seen that yet.

This about sums it up. We've been bit by the injury bug a little bit. Hopefully we'll see depth while some key players heal.

paward
September 14th, 2014, 06:12 PM
It is always a slug fest when we play each other. Wish you well, a lost none the least but well.

Tribal
September 14th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I predict the teams combine for 80+ points.

#RisingTribe

SpiderJPO
September 14th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Richmond has some injury issues as well with our All-American WR candidate out and on of our RB's in a walking boot. This game should be a treat for fans. If any UNH fans are making the trek to VA, let me know as you are welcome at our tailgate.

Mattymc727
September 15th, 2014, 07:10 AM
Another new question mark that wasnt before the season is the UNH running game. Crossan has been out so far to start the season and Steriti left the Lehigh game early on Saturday with foot issues. Those two could be big losses.

Turnovers will be key in this one. UNH had a couple bad ones on Saturday that gave Lehigh 14 points.

UNH72Plus
September 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM
As has been noted above, UNH's defense seems to disappear in the second half, and the running game has taken some hits due to injury. The passing game is #2 in the country and Goldrich (400+ yards against Lehigh) has a flock of quality receivers to open up the field. A key element may be UNH's kicking game. Prasky is a great punter, but he and the rest of the kickers have been pretty woeful, missing field goals and an extra point. The long snapper has been pretty bad as well.

Richmond's passing game has been good with an impressive game against Virginia (not counting the 4 lost fumbles), but their two wins have come against pretty weak defenses - Morehead State and Hampton.

Bottom line is it's shaping up to be a toss up, but I'm going with the Cats.

Anovafan
September 15th, 2014, 03:06 PM
A great early season match-up that I think is a toss-up. Does UNH fly or drive to this game? Given the long travel, I am going with the home team and the better defense. If it was in Durham, I would take the Cats.

Mattymc727
September 15th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Really a statement game for both teams. Richmond could move themselves into the top ten, and UNH could prove that they are top 5.

MDUNHfan
September 15th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Thank you SpiderJPO for the invite. There are a few of the player parents/fans that are making the trip. What are the tailgate policies and more important - Where should we be ordering food from to make our Richmond experience something to remember?

Lehigh'98
September 15th, 2014, 09:09 PM
As has been noted above, UNH's defense seems to disappear in the second half, and the running game has taken some hits due to injury. The passing game is #2 in the country and Goldrich (400+ yards against Lehigh) has a flock of quality receivers to open up the field. A key element may be UNH's kicking game. Prasky is a great punter, but he and the rest of the kickers have been pretty woeful, missing field goals and an extra point. The long snapper has been pretty bad as well.

Richmond's passing game has been good with an impressive game against Virginia (not counting the 4 lost fumbles), but their two wins have come against pretty weak defenses - Morehead State and Hampton.

Bottom line is it's shaping up to be a toss up, but I'm going with the Cats.

I wouldn't put a ton of stock in the Lehigh game. We have one of the worst defenses in our history this year. Not taking anything away from UNH, but lets see how they do against a decent defense.

32counter
September 15th, 2014, 09:32 PM
http://www.richmondspiders.com/fls/26800/RobinsStadium/RobinsStadiumGameDay1.html?&DB_OEM_ID=26800

For those visiting Robins Stadium for the upcoming game between UR and UNH,check out the above link,it may be helpful.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 15th, 2014, 09:46 PM
A great early season match-up that I think is a toss-up. Does UNH fly or drive to this game? Given the long travel, I am going with the home team and the better defense. If it was in Durham, I would take the Cats.

Flies.

Tribe4SF
September 16th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Thank you SpiderJPO for the invite. There are a few of the player parents/fans that are making the trip. What are the tailgate policies and more important - Where should we be ordering food from to make our Richmond experience something to remember?

You can tailgate in Lot R10 at their Business School. As long as you don't show open containers you'll have no problems. Easy walk through a gorgeous area of campus to the visitors side.

http://richmondspiders.com/fls/26800/pdfs/gameday_incoming_parking_map_2013_v3.pdf?DB_OEM_ID =26800

SpiderJPO
September 16th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Parking lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff. Most parking is via pass but there is some general parking as mentioned above. Normally we cook most of our tailgate food on site so cant help with suggestions on purchasing. There is a Martin's Grocery Store about two miles from the stadium that has a great deli and all the necessities for a fun tailgate.

lknspider
September 16th, 2014, 09:28 PM
You can tailgate in Lot R10 at their Business School. As long as you don't show open containers you'll have no problems. Easy walk through a gorgeous area of campus to the visitors side.

http://richmondspiders.com/fls/26800/pdfs/gameday_incoming_parking_map_2013_v3.pdf?DB_OEM_ID =26800

Good alternatives for food at strip mall of Three Chopt Rd. and Patterson Ave....."Toast" a really cool gathering spot (restaurant) for visiting team fans. Great food, TV's and fun bar to stand or hang out. Jimmy John's is almost next door and is excellent for take outs for tailgate or sit down for a sub sandwich.

citdog
September 16th, 2014, 09:47 PM
For you New Hampshire boys I understand that the Chancellorsville House is awesome and that Cold Harbor has great food. Try the buckets of hot lead like your vile invading ancestors did.

Sader87
September 16th, 2014, 10:53 PM
The Confederate States of America had a **** defense.....totally worn down in the 2nd half.....

Mattymc727
September 17th, 2014, 12:34 PM
UNH Game Notes:

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2014-15/files/UNH_fb_Richmond.pdf

Mattymc727
September 17th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Sitting out for UNH will be Nico Steriti, Dalton Crossan, and Akil Anderson.

Mattymc727
September 18th, 2014, 01:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKC0815clww&list=UUxhP-8XqDHP02oTXUWDDKWg

wmmii
September 18th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Home team will have the edge in a shoot out-imo

dwtime
September 18th, 2014, 09:41 PM
Home team will have the edge in a shoot out-imo

Yea I would think Richmond would be favored, we shall see how the game plays out.

Mattymc727
September 19th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Game is on CSN-NE (52 in NH) for those not making the trip.

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Anyone getting audio from the UNH website?

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 02:39 PM
Anyone getting audio from the UNH website?

Never mind game is 4 PM thought it was 3:30.

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 04:21 PM
UNH up 14-10 at the half.

Uncle Buck
September 20th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Big stop for Richmond on the 4th down attempt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Uncle Buck
September 20th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Wow, that was an amazing throw and catch for Richmond. This game is going to finish as an all out slugfest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Touchdown Cats!!!!!! 19 seconds left!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

29-26 UNH with 19 seconds left.

Lehigh'98
September 20th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Nice drive by backup QB to win it for UNH

UNHFan
September 20th, 2014, 06:00 PM
WOW!!!! Great game Great win!

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 06:00 PM
1 second left, Goldrich got hurt don't know how bad.

- - - Updated - - -

UNH wins, UNH wins, UNH win!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNHFootballAlum
September 20th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Great Game! Richmond won 1st quarter, UNH won 2nd Quarter, Richmond won the 3rd and UNH won the 4th and the game

WrenFGun
September 20th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Crazy Game. Richmond is a great team. Straight guts by Vailas and UNH. Massive win.

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Crazy Game. Richmond is a great team. Straight guts by Vailas and UNH. Massive win.

I was bummed my CSN channel showed the JMU - Nova game but didn't show the UNH- Richmond game but my internet radio was burning.

UNH Fanboi
September 20th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Nice drive by backup QB to win it for UNH

As Coach Mac says, we've got a 1a and a 1b QB.

UNHFan
September 20th, 2014, 06:47 PM
I was bummed my CSN channel showed the JMU - Nova game but didn't show the UNH- Richmond game but my internet radio was burning.

They where on 2 Different Comcast stations on DirectV Many people I know with Comcast got the game also

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 06:48 PM
As Coach Mac says, we've got a 1a and a 1b QB.

Very true, Vailas would start on many teams.

Gordon Shumway
September 20th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Huge road win. You never like to look too far ahead in this league, but with the way the schedule sets up this year, Richmond and W&M were clearly the two toughest games remaining. With W&M at home maybe we can hope for a miracle. :D At a minimum this win provides some insulation against that fluke upset that always likes to rear its ugly head.

Don't know how bad the Goldrich injury is, but theoretically he should be able to rest next week against Dartmouth. As an old-timer who saw the last years of Dartmouth dominance in this series, you don't know how great it is to be able to say something that sacrilegious. xlolx

dwtime
September 20th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Huge road win. You never like to look too far ahead in this league, but with the way the schedule sets up this year, Richmond and W&M were clearly the two toughest games remaining. With W&M at home maybe we can hope for a miracle. :D At a minimum this win provides some insulation against that fluke upset that always likes to rear its ugly head.

Don't know how bad the Goldrich injury is, but theoretically he should be able to rest next week against Dartmouth. As an old-timer who saw the last years of Dartmouth dominance in this series, you don't know how great it is to be able to say something that sacrilegious. xlolx

Old timer here too Gordon I went to that win up in Hanover in the early 80's, I don't think UNH has lost since then other than a tie in the early 90's. Lets hope that continues. I don't see Dartmouth handling our offense, but anything can happen.

yorkcountyUNHfan
September 21st, 2014, 08:00 AM
Looking forward to it. UNH will need to play for 4 quarters....maybe more

Play 4 quarters....done

SpiderJPO
September 21st, 2014, 09:21 PM
Congratulations to the Wildcats on a gutsy win yesterday at Richmond. That team sure showed some grit and put a stamp on why they have such a strong program every year. We had a chance to make a statement and could not get it done. I still think the Spiders will play postseason football this year but the room for error has decreased.

UNH72Plus
September 22nd, 2014, 09:01 AM
The Spiders played a great game and if you take away the fumble on the 1 yard line it's a whole different ball game. Turn overs seem to be the big bugaboo this year with 7 against a very good Virginia team.

32counter
September 22nd, 2014, 08:35 PM
No excuses.2 stalled red zone drives each on the UNH 5 and settled for 22 yd FG's.Couldn't punch them in with the size of OLine and backfield.Shame on us.Unforced fumble on UNH 1 yd line left another 7 points off the board.Total 15 points left off the board.No excuses.Woulda,coulda,shoulda.

DoubleH
September 23rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
Watched a good bit of this game, and nearly all of the second half. Hugely entertaining game, kinda reminded me of UNH-Maine last year, with the Wildcats pulling one out.

UNHFootballAlum
September 23rd, 2014, 04:11 PM
Watched a good bit of this game, and nearly all of the second half. Hugely entertaining game, kinda reminded me of UNH-Maine last year, with the Wildcats pulling one out.

That would have been the UNH-NOVA game. UNH buried Maine in their first game 24-3.

MacThor
September 28th, 2014, 01:25 PM
The Nepotism experiment needs to end. Too much subbing in Rocco's nephew when Strauss is one of the best QBs in FCS. Can you name one successful program who platooned QBs?

(Coach) Rocco's teams just can't seem to get it done in big close games. I didn't follow him at Liberty but that was their rep when he was there, too. A good team that played a lot of top teams close but couldn't finish.
At least he's 2-0 against W&M...