PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give a reason not to rank the entire MVFC..

taper
September 13th, 2014, 11:19 PM
..based on results so far, except South Dakota? With UNI-Hawaii pending, the conference is 15-1 against FCS, 2-7 FBS, and 2-0 sub D1.

Sure some were cupcakes, but that's no different from anyone else. We beat ranked EIU twice. There were 3 FCS shutouts.

Ironically UNI is a top contender for the conference title, but has one of the weakest resumes so far if they don't beat Hawaii. Western Illinois doesn't look that impressive, but there's a bunch of teams that received votes in week 2 that still don't have a FCS win. Shame on anybody who votes for a winless team at this point.

Not saying they should be your complete top 10, but are there more than 15 teams with a better resume? Seriously, try to name them. Not on expected future performance, actual results to date.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 11:21 PM
Agreed

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2014, 11:21 PM
NDSU
SDSU
SIU
MSU
ISUb
ISUr
UNI

All have looked good so far. UNI looks flat so far with Hawaii but the conference looks tough so far.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2014, 11:23 PM
If you don't think USD looked good you have to then admit that Montana isn't a top 5 team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2014, 11:24 PM
If you don't think USD looked good you have to then admit that Montana isn't a top 5 team.

Not yet. They always play Montana tough.

taper
September 13th, 2014, 11:55 PM

USD doesn't have a D1 win yet. No win, no vote. Doesn't mean they can't jump in later. I had Montana in the mid-teens, haven't run this week's yet.

Theee Catrabbit
September 14th, 2014, 12:36 AM
....but, but EWU beat Sam Houston.....oh...wait......

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Yes.

UNI's offesnive coordinator is the worst in the nation...by a damn country mile and a half.

Drop them.

Drop them hard.

Drop them harder than the stocks on black Friday dropped.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 12:45 AM
Well...

FG to end the half

17-10 at half.

thebootfitter
September 14th, 2014, 01:11 AM
Yes.

UNI's offesnive coordinator is the worst in the nation...by a damn country mile and a half.

Drop them.

Drop them hard.

Drop them harder than the stocks on black Friday dropped.
I love how emotional you get, clenzie! I still wouldn't be surprised if UNI pulls out the win in Hawaii.

Well...

FG to end the half

17-10 at half.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 01:15 AM
To prove my point UNI opens the second half i formation counter, shot gun draw, and 20 yard sideline route.

I think those are the only plays in our damn playbook

MTfan4life
September 14th, 2014, 01:27 AM

I haven't even come close to doing this in the first place. I don't understand why so many are voting Montana so high. They won't even breathe near the top 10 in my poll until the major questions start getting answered.

Shame on anybody who votes for a winless team at this point.

So does this mean you wouldn't vote for UNI yet?

Rank the entire MVFC though? So including WIU, South Dakota, and Youngstown?

taper
September 14th, 2014, 09:04 AM

I'm not voting for UNI. I think they're a good team but I know they haven't won a game yet. They could jump back in next week. Same with USD. WIU probably not, but I'm still looking for enough teams with a better resume than YSU. Not highly ranked, but in there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 09:07 AM
I haven't even come close to doing this in the first place. I don't understand why so many are voting Montana so high. They won't even breathe near the top 10 in my poll until the major questions start getting answered.

YSU deserves to be in any poll right now.

skinny_uncle
September 14th, 2014, 09:17 AM
WIU hasn't really beaten anyone significant. I think that leaves them out. USD was close at Montana, but I don't have the Griz in my top 10. I think most folks are overrating them at this point.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 09:21 AM
USD doesn't have a D1 win yet. No win, no vote. Doesn't mean they can't jump in later. I had Montana in the mid-teens, haven't run this week's yet.

Neither does Northern Iowa but they're top 5.

Just sayin'

OL FU
September 14th, 2014, 09:21 AM
How many teams in the MVFCxeyebrowx

I just counted my ballot that I haven't submitted yet and I have 7xdrunkyx

FCS Go!
September 14th, 2014, 09:22 AM

bingo was his name-o

FargoBison
September 14th, 2014, 09:23 AM
I will rank this week...NDSU, SDSU, SIU, Ill State, YSU, Indiana State and UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 09:25 AM

All of them are in my poll also.

OL FU
September 14th, 2014, 09:27 AM

Question. Why Indiana St over Miss. St. Ball state was a good win but Miss. St played Ok ST fairly well, right. Just trying to figure it out.

underdawg
September 14th, 2014, 09:32 AM
UNI ought to hire Nick Hill--damn! what did I just say?! Just forget that

underdawg
September 14th, 2014, 09:36 AM
[QUOTE=clenz;2143446]To prove my point UNI opens the second half i formation counter, shot gun draw, and 20 yard sideline route.

I think those are the only plays in our damn playbook[/QUOT

I must agree with you--I watched the first half (thanks for the link) and it's really appalling the predictability and lack of imagination with all that O talent---especially Johnson--what a monster he is.

skinny_uncle
September 14th, 2014, 09:37 AM
UNI ought to hire Nick Hill--damn! what did I just say?! Just forget that

xshhhx

kalm
September 14th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Unless you're also ranking the likes of Butler, Valpo, UND, and Drake…then no.

MVFC is looking like the best conference in FCS, but you guys need to seriously chill TFO and let the season unfurl.

FargoBison
September 14th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Question. Why Indiana St over Miss. St. Ball state was a good win but Miss. St played Ok ST fairly well, right. Just trying to figure it out.

MSU hasn't really beaten anyone yet. I will admit it was very close between the two though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 09:40 AM
xshhhx

Your original quote....'xnonox' was to me.....why?

All those teams deserve to be ranked IMO.

smilo
September 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM
I only have 6 ranked at this point, but 9 in my top 31. Western Illinois really has no reason to be ranked at this point other than "They play in the MVFC." 2 PFL wins does not make a top 25 team. Beat Northwestern, and we'll talk.

South Dakota has a legitimate chance to solidify themselves next week with a win against NAU, who I already think they are better than. Pretty even match at home. (I can't rank them for a loss to Montana who is not even close to my top 10 at the moment)
Indiana State needs to beat Liberty, a team that I have had ranked for a couple weeks after they played well vs. UNC.
Missouri State impressed me in their two OOC wins, but they certainly need to beat UCA on the road to get in my poll. The wins were not playoff teams, and NWSU required a major comeback. They have a chance to put a really dagger in UCA who I had 14 just last week.

If those 4 win next week, we may be talking about 10 ranked. for now, I'll stick with 6.

RabidRabbit
September 14th, 2014, 10:21 AM

I'll sub in Mo St with their two full 63 scholarship team wins + OK St tough game loss instead of YSU 2 W's over a Pioneer and NEC team + B1G team tough loss.

UNI with their two FBS tight losses are the only no win team in my top 25.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I don't know what to do with UNI...they are winless, so I can't justify putting them in my poll, but at the same time they are winless against two FBS schools that they played tightly.

WTF to do.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 10:30 AM
You have to rank UNI when you compare them to the rest of the field. Two losses but both games were in reach. If they play those teams 10 times UNI wins at least half the games.

rokamortis
September 14th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I don't know what to do with UNI...they are winless, so I can't justify putting them in my poll, but at the same time they are winless against two FBS schools that they played tightly.

WTF to do.

They are getting a bit of a pass by me because of their early bye in week 2 and stupidly scheduling 2 FBS teams in weeks 1 and 3 - but are on a bit of a short leash. We are starting to get to the point in the season where you better have some freaking wins if you want to be ranked.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 10:43 AM
[QUOTE=clenz;2143446]To prove my point UNI opens the second half i formation counter, shot gun draw, and 20 yard sideline route.

I think those are the only plays in our damn playbook[/QUOT

I must agree with you--I watched the first half (thanks for the link) and it's really appalling the predictability and lack of imagination with all that O talent---especially Johnson--what a monster he is.

There were only 2 drives in the second half that had any creativity at all...and we marched right down the field for a TD on both.

Oh...I think we ran another dive play just now

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 10:46 AM
You have to rank UNI when you compare them to the rest of the field. Two losses but both games were in reach. If they play those teams 10 times UNI wins at least half the games.

When will UNI's AD wise up? Putting your team in a hole every season is bad.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 11:29 AM
When will UNI's AD wise up? Putting your team in a hole every season is bad.

They need the money. My understanding is that your little oil boom helps to infuse cash into NDSU. UNI doesn't have a choice if they want to remain competitive.

Red & Black
September 14th, 2014, 11:37 AM
..based on results so far, except South Dakota? With UNI-Hawaii pending, the conference is 15-1 against FCS, 2-7 FBS, and 2-0 sub D1.

Sure some were cupcakes, but that's no different from anyone else. We beat ranked EIU twice. There were 3 FCS shutouts.

Ironically UNI is a top contender for the conference title, but has one of the weakest resumes so far if they don't beat Hawaii. Western Illinois doesn't look that impressive, but there's a bunch of teams that received votes in week 2 that still don't have a FCS win. Shame on anybody who votes for a winless team at this point.

Not saying they should be your complete top 10, but are there more than 15 teams with a better resume? Seriously, try to name them. Not on expected future performance, actual results to date.

I think I'll have everyone ranked except Western Illinois and South Dakota. WIU has wins over Valpo and Drako, but will most likely lose to Northwestern next week which will keep them out of the top 25. I don't know who William Penn is, but I'd probably keep USD out until they win some conference games. UNI will probably still be in my top 25, but they need to start winning some games or they're out. Losses to Hawaii and Iowa are nothing to write home about.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2014, 11:47 AM

They absolutely are not a top 5 team. We were not good yesterday and still won by a couple of scores. USD won't be good this year but I do think they will be on the upswing after this one.

I've never see UM with special team play this poor btw. It will lose us games.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2014, 11:52 AM
They need the money. My understanding is that your little oil boom helps to infuse cash into NDSU. UNI doesn't have a choice if they want to remain competitive.
We don't get any more from the Oil. If anything UN_ gets more from it.

MSUBear42
September 14th, 2014, 11:57 AM

Thanks for asking... Doesn't make much sense to me, either.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Your understanding is incorrect.

OL FU
September 14th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Thanks for asking... Doesn't make much sense to me, either.

Sorry, I should have put Mo. St.;) I should know better. My dad was born therexpeacex

semobison
September 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
They absolutely are not a top 5 team. We were not good yesterday and still won by a couple of scores. USD won't be good this year but I do think they will be on the upswing after this one.

I've never see UM with special team play this poor btw. It will lose us games.

I watched the USD game last night, Griz definitely have some talent. Good front 7 on defense. Canada is scary, he doesn't need much of a hole. I kept waiting for Montana to blow the game open but it never happened. I cant put my finger on it but it just seems like something is missing.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Your understanding is incorrect.

On both counts.

UNI didn't need the money from this game, as it wasn't really a money making game.

Talking out his ass about UNI athletics and the budget, but that's what happens about UNI athletics because about 3 years ago the B.O.R. asked UNI to stop using as much general fund money....which has happened and UNI is getting record donations and ticket revenue every single year.

Right now we would be 1-2 had Morgan State not backed out of a game with UNI that was supposed to be last week.

The trip to Hawaii, as much as I hate it from a football standpoint, was a great opportunity for UNI, especially with the history that UNI and Hawaii share with Stan Sherrif (UNI's field is named after him and Hawaii's basketball arena is...I can post how important he was to both schools in more depth if wanted).

If UNI's OC can stop running "dive, dive, 20 yard out" this team will be damn good. The defense looked good as **** last night.

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2014, 12:32 PM

You might want to get a better source for news. This is total BS. Not that I don't wish it was true. The hacks(Poloticians) in Bismarck are mostly UN_ grads as the liars usually end up in politics and they have done their utmost for the last 30 years to short change NDSU in funding. If they had any vision they'd be funding NDSU at a level that is commensurate with a top tier research university which NDSU is. It's been shown NDSU for the investments gives more bang for the buck but they'll be damned if they are going to help NDSU. It's sad but it is what it is. Now back to the rankings for the MVFC.

centennial
September 14th, 2014, 12:37 PM
You might want to get a better source for news. This is total BS. Not that I don't wish it was true. The hacks(Poloticians) in Bismarck are mostly UN_ grads as the liars usually end up in politics and they have done their utmost for the last 30 years to short change NDSU in funding. If they had any vision they'd be funding NDSU at a level that is commensurate with a top tier research university which NDSU is. It's been shown NDSU for the investments gives more bang for the buck but they'll be damned if they are going to help NDSU. It's sad but it is what it is. Now back to the rankings for the MVFC.
Agreed. Grapes are sour in Bismark. If they actually funded NDSU, we would have easily been a 20-30k student university. UND might actually get more funding(not sure about that).

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 12:42 PM
I watched the USD game last night, Griz definitely have some talent. Good front 7 on defense. Canada is scary, he doesn't need much of a hole. I kept waiting for Montana to blow the game open but it never happened. I cant put my finger on it but it just seems like something is missing.
It's JJ at this point.

He's one of the best QBs in FCS when he's on, but oh boy has he been off so far this year.

Last night he still looked lost and completely out of rhythm. He needs to have his best game if we're going to beat you guys.

Professor Chaos
September 14th, 2014, 12:57 PM
I try not to be a conference homer in my poll ballot but the I damn near had 8 MVFC teams in my top 25 and ended up with 7. Basically, WIU and USD are the only teams IMO who aren't worthy of strong top 25 consideration right now.

344Johnson
September 14th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Nice to see the valley playing well. Should make for some interesting conference results.

kalm
September 14th, 2014, 01:13 PM
It's JJ at this point.

He's one of the best QBs in FCS when he's on, but oh boy has he been off so far this year.

Last night he still looked lost and completely out of rhythm. He needs to have his best game if we're going to beat you guys.

UM Oline play stood out to me. USD had more success than I'd expect up front on D.

Aeacos
September 14th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Yes.

Drop them.

Drop them hard.

Drop them harder than the stocks on black Friday dropped.. This, a thousand times this

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM
UM Oline play stood out to me. USD had more success than I'd expect up front on D.
They actually did a LOT better than I expected. This was a MVFC defense, and in the last two drives they had their way with USD's front seven.

Still a lot of work to do, but for how decimated our O-Line was, I think they played pretty well.

Next week is a different animal, though. It might be a long day in Fargo for our boys up front.

JayJ79
September 14th, 2014, 01:53 PM

WTF to do.
IMO, it just goes to show how meaningless early season polls are.
Especially in something like the FCS where there is such a difference in team schedules.
Some teams have played nothing but non/limited scholarship teams, others have played nothing but 85-scholarship teams. And some (Ivy) haven't played at all.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 02:30 PM
On both counts.

UNI didn't need the money from this game, as it wasn't really a money making game.

Talking out his ass about UNI athletics and the budget, but that's what happens about UNI athletics because about 3 years ago the B.O.R. asked UNI to stop using as much general fund money....which has happened and UNI is getting record donations and ticket revenue every single year.

Right now we would be 1-2 had Morgan State not backed out of a game with UNI that was supposed to be last week.

The trip to Hawaii, as much as I hate it from a football standpoint, was a great opportunity for UNI, especially with the history that UNI and Hawaii share with Stan Sherrif (UNI's field is named after him and Hawaii's basketball arena is...I can post how important he was to both schools in more depth if wanted).

If UNI's OC can stop running "dive, dive, 20 yard out" this team will be damn good. The defense looked good as **** last night.

This is what I was referring to:

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/dollars_and_sense/uni-athletics-fares-well-in-revenue-arena/article_14dfe0f7-7299-51d6-a720-d18329896adb.html

Has that much changed in the last few years? This was also mentioned on the MVFC conference call a year ago.

Houndawg
September 14th, 2014, 02:37 PM

WTF to do.

I could see leaving them out now because they're winless, but I could also see a good win this week bringing them straight into the 10-15 range over the top of many other teams.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 03:07 PM
This is what I was referring to:

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/dollars_and_sense/uni-athletics-fares-well-in-revenue-arena/article_14dfe0f7-7299-51d6-a720-d18329896adb.html

Has that much changed in the last few years? This was also mentioned on the MVFC conference call a year ago.
Again...you know nothing of what was actually going on at that point, or is going on now.

McNeese75
September 14th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Stupid thread xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Stupid thread xcoffeex

LOL @ Southland.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM

Yes indeed. I have put my finger on it and it's something I never go with because it's just too easy to be a dbag fan and jump right to this aspect but the truth is we have good discipline in a lot of areas and so forth but we just can't consistently put a string of good plays together enough to make a real impact and satisfy the scoreboard as we should be doing. I can't say it enough, our special teams are just as if nobody was coaching or paying attention to them at all.

I honestly would be fine if we pulled a Wofford and just said "**** it" with the kicking and let the offense utilize all four downs almost every time.

It's just tough to watch a very talented group of individuals not being guided in the direction that will give them the best chances to succeed.

If this group of coaches were to put it all together for a game or two and got comfortable with what they were doing I'd see them beating anyone out there but that is sort of the same for a whole lot of teams out there.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 14th, 2014, 05:08 PM

Our Oline is smaller than most any recent Oline you could think of. I can't remember when we've been this small and green up front like this.

These are not Bobby Hauck Olines built to roll over you and control the 4th quarter clock so you don't touch the ball. This was an Oline for Plu's offense that we are not running...so not good in other words.

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Our Oline is smaller than most any recent Oline you could think of. I can't remember when we've been this small and green up front like this.

These are not Bobby Hauck Olines built to roll over you and control the 4th quarter clock so you don't touch the ball. This was an Oline for Plu's offense that we are not running...so not good in other words.

They were running USD players over at the end of the game yesterday just fine. They've got a lot of work to do, but they took a pretty big step forward yesterday.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 05:23 PM
They were running USD players over at the end of the game yesterday just fine. They've got a lot of work to do, but they took a pretty big step forward yesterday.

Bottom line, during that "big step forward" your team was played to within one score at home by the 8th best team in the MVFC. One that will probably get beaten by 7 touchdowns at home to the top team in the MVFC. You are likely to get trucked next weekend before you get to lick your wounds in your squishy conference schedule the rest of the year. Must be nice.

REALBird
September 14th, 2014, 05:25 PM
So I guess now that the SEC has 7 of the top 15 teams in the FBS poll, guess its not as far fetched to believe the MVFC could have at least six teams ranked in FCS. Hmmmm.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Bottom line, during that "big step forward" your team was played to within one score at home by the 8th best team in the MVFC. One that will probably get beaten by 7 touchdowns at home to the top team in the MVFC. You are likely to get trucked next weekend before you get to lick your wounds in your squishy conference schedule the rest of the year. Must be nice.

This here.

NDSU has beaten USD the last 2 years by a combined 96-0.....

I'm looking forward to this game. Bison defense will shut down the Griz.

McNeese75
September 14th, 2014, 05:53 PM
LOL @ Southland.
And now we have the seagull show up. (stupid poster to go with the stupid thread)

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 05:55 PM
This here.

NDSU has beaten USD the last 2 years by a combined 96-0.....

I'm looking forward to this game. Bison defense will shut down the Griz.

I agree. I don't think it will be competitive.

taper
September 14th, 2014, 05:58 PM
So I guess now that the SEC has 7 of the top 15 teams in the FBS poll, guess its not as far fetched to believe the MVFC could have at least six teams ranked in FCS. Hmmmm.....
Sagarin has 7 and Massey has 8. Neither one is connected real well yet but you get the idea.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 05:59 PM
And now we have the seagull show up. (stupid poster to go with the stupid thread)

Didn't you come in to **** on this thread? Dummy can't even find an original insult.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 06:01 PM

......speaking of stupid posters......xrolleyesx

McNeese75
September 14th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Didn't you come in to **** on this thread? Dummy can't even find an original insult.

Ohhhh, so you don't have him blocked :D Hey, why call a turd by anything else????

Sycamore62
September 14th, 2014, 06:06 PM
The MVFC is tough but not half as tough as the MVFC fanposters on this thread.

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Lol, ok brah. I don't expect us to win, and we might get blown out, but god forbid we actually beat you guys. This place would be even more unreadable than it already is.

Also **** me for noting any kind of improvement on our team.

And I don't actually play for the team, so I'll be cool no matter what happens.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Lol, ok brah. I don't expect us to win, and we might get blown out, but god forbid we actually beat you guys. This place would be even more unreadable than it already is.

Also **** me for noting any kind of improvement on our team.

And I don't actually play for the team, so I'll be cool no matter what happens.

Funny how you call out my use of pronoun but not your fellow fan's "we" stuff.

clenz
September 14th, 2014, 07:26 PM
The title of the thread is off, but there is a legit discussion to be had for at lesat 7, if not 8 of the 10 teams in the league.

The two not in the discussion aren't too far off, as one just took a top 10 - about to be top 5 in ever poll - to the wire...sort of.

I don't know if that says more about the MVFC, or the rest of the FCS being really weak...I guess we'll find out.

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Funny how you call out my use of pronoun but not your fellow fan's "we" stuff.
Nobody seemed to take it as personally as you did in your post.

As far as the game goes, I think we have the defense to keep it close for a while until we get worn down at the end if our offense can't get it done. Our QB needs to play the best game of his life for us to have a chance.

Oh ****, there I go using first-person pronouns.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 07:33 PM
The title of the thread is off, but there is a legit discussion to be had for at lesat 7, if not 8 of the 10 teams in the league.

The two not in the discussion aren't too far off, as one just took a top 10 - about to be top 5 in ever poll - to the wire...sort of.

I don't know if that says more about the MVFC, or the rest of the FCS being really weak...I guess we'll find out.

Don't really care why but the MVFC's OOC record is ****ing ridiculous.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Don't really care why but the MVFC's OOC record is ****ing ridiculous.

I loved the MSU beat down of the school up north....xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Nobody seemed to take it as personally as you did in your post.

As far as the game goes, I think we have the defense to keep it close for a while until we get worn down at the end if our offense can't get it done. Our QB needs to play the best game of his life for us to have a chance.

Oh ****, there I go using first-person pronouns.

Yeah, I don't worry about it too much and don't crack on other people for doing so. Anyway, gonna be a long week before I take off Friday morning.

Yotes
September 14th, 2014, 08:18 PM
If the Yotes had Earl at QB instead of our backup we would have beat Montana. This time next week we'll have a win over NAU, you guys can start giving us votes then.

As it stands I'd rank 7 of the MVFC teams with WIU, USD, and UNI being the three unranked teams. The gap between the MVFC and rest of FCS is much greater than the gap between the SEC and the rest of the FBS, and they got 7 of their teams in the top 25 (though I think that's a load of crap and mostly hype).

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 08:25 PM
If the Yotes had Earl at QB instead of our backup we would have beat Montana.lol ok

Whatever makes you feel better.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 08:37 PM
lol ok

If that game last night makes you feel better, you have a very low threshold.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 08:41 PM
lol ok

USD doesn't commit those 3 turnovers they win last night. USD should have won last year.

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 09:19 PM
If we actually had a decent kicker, it never would have been close.

If the refs actually called holding on USD and made them stop, Wags would have had six or seven sacks.

Ifs work both ways.

You guys seem nervous for being so all-world.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 14th, 2014, 09:24 PM

If the refs actually called holding on USD and made them stop, Wags would have had six or seven sacks.

Ifs work both ways.

Just trying to help you manage expectations.

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 09:40 PM
Just trying to help you manage expectations.
My expectation is a loss.

It's not a playoff game, we've been blow out OOC on the road in years past early in the year and managed to make the NC game, and we honestly haven't looked that great so far.

I think we have enough talent to win, but it'll take one hell of an effort.

Sorry for not fueling your collective dick swinging. I'm sure you'll carry on, regardless, though.

No_Skill
September 14th, 2014, 10:18 PM

This has to be the first time in history this sentence has ever been written.

uofmman1122
September 14th, 2014, 10:21 PM
This has to be the first time in history this sentence has ever been written.
Haha, that's what happens when you miss three easy field goals.

We have an historically bad group of kickers.

Redbirdz
September 14th, 2014, 10:56 PM
One word, Chattanooga.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 15th, 2014, 07:05 AM

Ifs work both ways.

Ya, go with that.....xlolx

I predicted a 35-10 Bison win.

Griz squeak by a USD team two years in a row which the Bison have curb stomped 96-0 the last 2 years......xthumbsupx

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2014, 08:26 AM
I think I ranked 8. I think probably 6 will be there at the end. I still like that Illinois State team.

tailg8r
September 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Ya, go with that.....xlolx

I predicted a 35-10 Bison win.

Griz squeak by a USD team two years in a row which the Bison have curb stomped 96-0 the last 2 years......xthumbsupx

For me this is very telling. I get the any given saturday thing and I am not into comparative scoring but I just can't get away from the fact that Montana has had trouble beating a team two years in a row that NDSU demolished both years by an average score of 48-0. You could say that some teams match up better against others but that argument doesn't hold water when it comes to comparing 48 point wins vs 6 point wins(on average). I don't know what to expect come Saturday. If NDSU doesn't get its crap together regarding OL penalties things could get a little dicier than they would like but I firmly believe this will be a win by 10-14 points.