W Illinois 38, Drake 13
Youngstown St. 44, Butler 13
Mercer 49, Stetson 0
E Kentucky 55, Morehead St. 13
Georgetown 27, Marist 7
BYE WEEK 28, Valpo 3

MTfan4life
September 13th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Why is this news to you? This happens every week...In my eyes, that's a pretty good week. Drake kept it within 40. Campbell should have lost by at least 7 TDs. Davidson is easily bottom 5 in the FCS and they only lost by 28. Butler was ahead after the first quarter. By PFL standards, those are excellent results!

Go...gate
September 13th, 2014, 11:47 PM
This is why so many Ivy League football programs are showing up on PFL schedules. Princeton, for example, opens with San Diego and Davidson.

bonarae
September 13th, 2014, 11:50 PM
This is why so many Ivy League football programs are showing up on PFL schedules. Princeton, for example, opens with San Diego and Davidson.

An easy win is their intent. But I don't like their intent though. xsmhx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2014, 12:11 AM

Princeton might hang 60 on Davidson. That game is going to be a dumpster fire....

OrangeAndBlack
September 14th, 2014, 12:37 AM
PFL still yet to score a point in the playoffs if I remember correctly. I think Butler was blanked last year.

woffordgrad94
September 14th, 2014, 01:21 AM
A lot of these schools are very good in basketball. They just have different priorities in their athletic departments. And success in March can mean big bucks to a school, so you can't really fault them too much.

citdog
September 14th, 2014, 01:28 AM
Princeton might hang 60 on Davidson. That game is going to be a dumpster fire....

If they wouldn't have pulled the starters and taken mercy on you UNH could have scored 80 on le high today. The PFL is the ONLY league with which the patsy league has anything in common. You both STINK out loud.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2014, 02:10 AM
An easy win is their intent. But I don't like their intent though. xsmhx

I've been a Princeton season ticket holder going back to the early '60's. The idea that they would so downgrade the quality of their OOC games is sad.

I'll be at the Davidson game, but I predict it will be a dreary rout.

- - - Updated - - -

If they wouldn't have pulled the starters and taken mercy on you UNH could have scored 80 on le high today. The PFL is the ONLY league with which the patsy league has anything in common. You both STINK out loud.

Oh, come on.

Go Green
September 14th, 2014, 06:42 AM
I've been a Princeton season ticket holder going back to the early '60's. The idea that they would so downgrade the quality of their OOC games is sad.

I'll be at the Davidson game, but I predict it will be a dreary rout.

- - - Updated - - -

The Davidson game was scheduled while Princeton was in a 2-18 rut a few years ago. In hindsight, it was a mistake, but I don't recall too much chagrin at the time it was scheduled.

What Princeton does from here on is another story. Clearly, Princeton has talent and should be challenging itself.

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2014, 07:15 AM

And Davidson is the "Princeton of the South."xcoolx

DetroitFlyer
September 14th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Yawn.... Our champion will enjoy that autobid!!

Sitting Bull
September 14th, 2014, 07:26 AM
I always root for Drake, not sure why.

Skyhawk71
September 14th, 2014, 09:33 AM
The Pioneer Football League, with its auto-bid, and vast domain makes the PFL season intriguing, because any at-large from any conference has a shot at a PFL playoff matchup as the season goes along- someone will be this years TSU- and nobody really has a clue yet- a playoff team from any conference will not lose to the PFL champion, but if they ever do- they will be destroyed on this board........that is all......:D

FargoBison
September 14th, 2014, 09:41 AM
So happy the playoffs were expanded to give this garbage wannabe DIII league an autobid.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Yawn.... Our champion will enjoy that autobid!!

...and then go out and get beat in the 1st round 49-0.

DetroitFlyer
September 14th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Still yawning....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Still yawning....

Yawn indeed, Concordia, Moorhead (D3) would wax any team in the Pioneer right now.

DetroitFlyer
September 14th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Yawn. Can't wait to see our champ in the playoffs!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 07:34 PM

I cannot wait to see the 49-0 beat down they get in the 1st round....xhurrayx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 14th, 2014, 07:37 PM

Just like the fans of those 16 seeds can't wait to see their teams in March Madness. Those teams have never won and usually get killed. But, the 15 seconds of fame is always worth it....

heath
September 14th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Still yawning....
Yawning hell, I'd be sound asleep trying to watch those teams.xsmhx

taper
September 14th, 2014, 08:38 PM

Yawn. Wake me up in Frisco.

DetroitFlyer
September 15th, 2014, 09:09 AM
Yawn. Just cannot wait to see the PFL Champion in the FCS playoffs for the second time!

BearDownMU
September 15th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Just like the fans of those 16 seeds can't wait to see their teams in March Madness. Those teams have never won and usually get killed. But, the 15 seconds of fame is always worth it....

Or, you can beat Duke in the 1st round. :D

BEAR
September 15th, 2014, 10:38 AM
The Sun Belch went 0-10 and Troy lost to ACU........ bad week or not...at least you're not a plastic FBS conference...

FargoBison
September 15th, 2014, 04:55 PM
The Sun Belch went 0-10 and Troy lost to ACU........ bad week or not...at least you're not a plastic FBS conference...

The PFL is worse, they are a wannabe plastic FCS conference.

CHIP72
September 15th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Or, you can beat Duke in the 1st round. :D

Thanks for the reminder! xnodx

CHIP72
September 15th, 2014, 05:04 PM

I agree with you LU-TU, but the difference is the NCAA Tournament has 68 teams and 30+ at-large teams while the Division I-AA/FCS playoffs have 24 teams and about a dozen at-large bids.

To me, as long as any playoff system includes all teams that have at least a small but legitimate chance of winning the national title, the system is fair. I mean, shouldn't the regular season in every conference mean something in terms of allowing the league champion the opportunity to participate in a playoff?

PAllen
September 15th, 2014, 05:10 PM

80 would have been a stretch, but yeah, it wasn't until they pulled their starters that we were competitive. Now, back south with you! shoo!

PAllen
September 15th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I agree with you LU-TU, but the difference is the NCAA Tournament has 68 teams and 30+ at-large teams while the Division I-AA/FCS playoffs have 24 teams and about a dozen at-large bids.

To me, as long as any playoff system includes all teams that have at least a small but legitimate chance of winning the national title, the system is fair. I mean, shouldn't the regular season in every conference mean something in terms of allowing the league champion the opportunity to participate in a playoff?

You don't have to go bigger to include every conference champ (well, under the current regulations you might). As I've said before, I'd prefer going back to a 16 team field with the conference champs plus a few at large to cover odd circumstances such as teams not eligible for the autobid, independents, and the occasional clear cut best team in the league loses a tie breaker to someone else but should still get a bid. The playoffs should be about naming a champion, not a participation award for a nice season. If you're not the best team in your conference, then by definition, you are not the best team in the country. Is the pioneer champ better than the MVFC champ? 99 times out of 100, no. But if you don't let them play, you'll never know when that 1 time happens.

Ghost
September 18th, 2014, 05:34 AM
After watching the Stetson Mercer game live... I think this might be a digression year for stetson. Also there are "decent" teams in the PFL. San Diego and Marist were ok. but I think overall this is a down year for the PFL much like it is a down year for the socon.

superman7515
September 18th, 2014, 07:16 AM
I wonder if the PFL champ could win a game in the D2 playoffs. I doubt Butler, last year's autobid, would have won more than perhaps two games in the PSAC, and that's being generous.

Lehigh'98
September 18th, 2014, 07:45 AM
The PFL is not great. They have no scholarships, but I've never seen 1 person on here claiming they were. They get 1 bid so each conf is represented, get over it. Not really their choice to be FCS anyway. No one really b*tches too much when they get no return home games against them.

Model Citizen
September 18th, 2014, 08:36 AM

Not that many. Penn-Jacksonville this weekend is the other 2014 game. Then there's Brown-Stetson in 2016 (?). Not exactly a flood.

Model Citizen
September 18th, 2014, 09:00 AM
... but I think overall this is a down year for the PFL much like it is a down year for the socon.

Talent in the PFL is definitely down from a decade ago. The NEC and Patriot used to be varying degrees of "non-scholarship," but that changed. A number of lower division programs also ramped up scholarships...e.g. several NAIA moves to D-2...former North Central Conference teams to FCS...

During this time the talent pool didn't get any bigger, and the PFL's recruiting competitors cranked up the $$$$. The results were predictable. I don't think the PFL can catch up to the rest of FCS, but with some financial aid changes, they can narrow the gap.

FargoBison
September 18th, 2014, 12:37 PM
The PFL is not great. They have no scholarships, but I've never seen 1 person on here claiming they were. They get 1 bid so each conf is represented, get over it. Not really their choice to be FCS anyway. No one really b*tches too much when they get no return home games against them.

They don't deserve that bid, they are a joke and make the FCS look like a joke. They have no business getting an autobid. I don't really care if being FCS is their choice or not, their presence has done nothing but further water down the playoff field because just them getting a bid required to give an at-large to mediocre team.

TypicalTribe
September 18th, 2014, 12:56 PM
They don't deserve that bid, they are a joke and make the FCS look like a joke. They have no business getting an autobid. I don't really care if being FCS is their choice or not, their presence has done nothing but further water down the playoff field because just them getting a bid required to give an at-large to mediocre team.

It really added 3 at-larges because the field went from 10 autos and 10 at-large to 11 autos and 13 at-large.

superman7515
September 18th, 2014, 12:58 PM
It really added 3 at-larges because the field went from 10 autos and 10 at-large to 11 autos and 13 at-large.

Makes it easier to add the Ivy & SWAC. Since at least 50% of the field must be at-large qualifiers, you can add those two conferences without changing the number of at-large bids.

bonarae
September 18th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Makes it easier to add the Ivy & SWAC. Since at least 50% of the field must be at-large qualifiers, you can add those two conferences without changing the number of at-large bids.

Yes, but it requires the administration (of the 2 conferences)'s cooperation, which we don't have. xsmhx

BucBisonAtLarge
September 18th, 2014, 06:24 PM
The PFL is nearly 10% of the FCS, with 4% of the playoff slots. There would not be 24 playoff slots without them. They do not take up anyone else's playoff slot. Let them play.

Woe to the school who actually loses that initial first round game (at home) to a PFL champion. You know it will happen, eventually.

FargoBison
September 18th, 2014, 09:31 PM
The PFL is nearly 10% of the FCS, with 4% of the playoff slots. There would not be 24 playoff slots without them. They do not take up anyone else's playoff slot. Let them play.

Woe to the school who actually loses that initial first round game (at home) to a PFL champion. You know it will happen, eventually.

I'd rather have a 16 team playoff and the ability to play 12 game every year.

The PFL is just a waste of space, the conference will never win a playoff game.

CHIP72
September 19th, 2014, 12:47 AM
You know, in all honesty there are probably a number of people who live in more populated areas of the U.S. who wonder why North Dakota is a state (or in some cases don't realize North Dakota is a state), but that doesn't prevent North Dakota from (properly) having representation in Congress.

Are the Division I-AA/FCS playoffs really that diminished by having a Pioneer League team included?

Model Citizen
September 19th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I read somewhere that Patty Viverito wants more playoff bids for her conference. Although I don't personally see 3-4 bids this year, I appreciate her dedication to the PFL. Thanks, Patty!

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2014, 09:08 AM
You know, in all honesty there are probably a number of people who live in more populated areas of the U.S. who wonder why North Dakota is a state (or in some cases don't realize North Dakota is a state), but that doesn't prevent North Dakota from (properly) having representation in Congress.

Are the Division I-AA/FCS playoffs really that diminished by having a Pioneer League team included?

If the teams are continually taken out behind the woodshed then yes. And the congress analogy is a pretty poor one for this situation.

PAllen
September 19th, 2014, 09:19 AM
If the teams are continually taken out behind the woodshed then yes. And the congress analogy is a pretty poor one for this situation.

Sorry, New York, California, and Illinois have decided that your congressional vote is unfairly diluting Congress. Since you don't have enough people to affect some counties in any of those states, they've decided that you shouldn't really have representation at this level. All of you auto-bid only representative states should all be allowed to go back down to territorial status where you belong. At most, you should have a non-voting member of congress like DC.

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Sorry, New York, California, and Illinois have decided that your congressional vote is unfairly diluting Congress. Since you don't have enough people to affect some counties in any of those states, they've decided that you shouldn't really have representation at this level. All of you auto-bid only representative states should all be allowed to go back down to territorial status where you belong. At most, you should have a non-voting member of congress like DC.

Still a ****ty analogy.

PAllen
September 19th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Still a ****ty analogy.

Why, because it shows you might be wrong?

DatDude
September 19th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Yawn. Just cannot wait to see the PFL Champion in the FCS playoffs for the second time!LMAO! xbowx

ysubigred
September 19th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I'd rather have a 16 team playoff and the ability to play 12 game every year.

The PFL is just a waste of space, the conference will never win a playoff game.

Let's have the best 16 teams play for the NC NO AQ's! The playoff's should be the best 16 teams period... Let the conferences reward the champion with the trophy. Seed the top teams/conference champs xtwocentsx

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 10:56 AM

ND is fueling and feeding this country.

The PFL is just a complete and total weakling, it doesn't belong. It has zero impact on the FCS and is really nothing like the FCS, it strives to be something completely else(A DIII conference). A better comparison would be the US granting statehood to the county say Fargo is in.

PAllen
September 19th, 2014, 11:41 AM
ND is fueling and feeding this country.

The PFL is just a complete and total weakling, it doesn't belong. It has zero impact on the FCS and is really nothing like the FCS, it strives to be something completely else(A DIII conference). A better comparison would be the US granting statehood to the county say Fargo is in.

Population of State of ND = ~700K
Population of City of Philadelphia = ~1500K

Just sayin'.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Population of State of ND = ~700K
Population of City of Philadelphia = ~1500K

Just sayin'.

Your point?

The PFL=ND comparison is so highly flawed it is ridiculous.

PAllen
September 19th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Your point?

The PFL=ND comparison is so highly flawed it is ridiculous.

You said yourself that it would be like a county trying to get representation in congress. I'm just trying to point out that there are plenty of counties across the country with bigger populations (and therefore more deserving of representation in the House of Representatives) than the entire State of North Dakota

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 12:12 PM
You said yourself that it would be like a county trying to get representation in congress. I'm just trying to point out that there are plenty of counties across the country with bigger populations (and therefore more deserving of representation in the House of Representatives) than the entire State of North Dakota

I never said it should be based on population. Reread my post about AG and Energy. ND makes a huge impact in both areas.

I made it comparison using a county(Cass) that had little population and little economic impact. That is what the PFL is. It is like a small county that has been grated statehood.

PAllen
September 19th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I never said it should be based on population. Reread my post about AG and Energy. ND makes a huge impact in both areas.

I made it comparison using a county(Cass) that had little population and little economic impact. That is what the PFL is. It is like a small county that has been grated statehood.

Last time I checked, representation in the House is based on population. Obviously these analogies have gone way over your head. Agricultural, Energy, and Economic impact? Yeah right... Oh never mind.

So sorry to have ever implied that ND isn't the biggest and the best at everything. Have a nice weekend, watch your team play a great game. Have a good time, and spend some time with family or friends.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Last time I checked, representation in the House is based on population. Obviously these analogies have gone way over your head. Agricultural, Energy, and Economic impact? Yeah right... Oh never mind.

So sorry to have ever implied that ND isn't the biggest and the best at everything. Have a nice weekend, watch your team play a great game. Have a good time, and spend some time with family or friends.

The state of ND has one rep in the house because of its population, I fully realize how the house of reps works.

I never said ND is the biggest or best at anything. I just it is a state that makes an impact in a variety of areas.

The PFL has no impact on the FCS. It has no place in the playoffs, they belong in DIII.

chattownmocs
September 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Not a total loss for the PFL. At least Mercer got a conference win.

Fox 94
September 19th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Yes FargoBison we suck, but if you are that perturbed by the PFL's autobid why not take it up with the NCAA?

They gave us the bid and your b**ching is not going to make us give it back!

BearDownMU
September 19th, 2014, 02:04 PM
There are 13 at-large bids and you are worried about 1 conference automatic bid? C'mon, man...

BucBisonAtLarge
September 19th, 2014, 02:18 PM
The state of ND has one rep in the house because of its population, I fully realize how the house of reps works.

I never said ND is the biggest or best at anything. I just it is a state that makes an impact in a variety of areas.

The PFL has no impact on the FCS. It has no place in the playoffs, they belong in DIII.

Ha! The PFL seems to occupy way too much of your time for something of 'no impact'.

Feed the troll at your leisure.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Ha! The PFL seems to occupy way too much of your time for something of 'no impact'.

Feed the troll at your leisure.

Because it's presence has a negative impact.

Every team in the PFL is a joke, most teams in that conference struggle to beat non-DI teams.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 02:24 PM
There are 13 at-large bids and you are worried about 1 conference automatic bid? C'mon, man...

I want less bids, I want a 16 team playoff. Not this large watered down mess we have now.

DetroitFlyer
September 19th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Let's just hope that the average IQ in North Dakota is far higher than the less than stellar posters here.

FargoBison
September 19th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Let's just hope that the average IQ in North Dakota is far higher than the less than stellar posters here.

I'd hope the quality of PFL football improves but that is a lost cause.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2014, 05:36 PM

Oh, good one there Einstein!

xrolleyesx

PL is still a worthless football conference.

check - rep.....that deserved it!

bonarae
September 20th, 2014, 05:40 AM
I'd hope the quality of PFL football improves but that is a lost cause.

I'd rather hope for it too so that the Ivies' perpetual non-inclusion in the FCS playoffs is compensated. xrolleyesx

downbythebeach
September 20th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Dayton and marist should just join the nec. Dayton plays RMU and Duquesne every year as it is