PDA

View Full Version : SHSU what are you doing!?

Vitojr130
September 13th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Losing 40-7 to a D2 school in the 3rd quarter. xconfusedx

Vitojr130
September 13th, 2014, 08:52 PM
41-7. What??!!!

Texas
September 13th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Keeler happened

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 13th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Keeler ball has arrived a SHSU! :D

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 08:56 PM
Keeler ball has arrived a SHSU! :D
This statement is true.

hebmskebm
September 13th, 2014, 08:57 PM
And Nicholls St. just lost to D2 Henderson State 27-10. Get it together SLC!

BEAR
September 13th, 2014, 08:58 PM
xlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 09:00 PM
And Nicholls St. just lost to D2 Henderson State 27-10. Get it together SLC!

Nicholls State is one of those programs that might need to be cut. The school simply doesn't have the money or the resources to compete imo....

Playing 3 FBS games and losing to a D2 game is an embarrassment for the school and the league.

dudeitsaid
September 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I just saw the score on the ESPN ticker...thought it was a computer error, and they mixed up the scores. This is shocking!!!

marenlee
September 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Keeler built this year's team on FBS transfers...

Red & Black
September 13th, 2014, 09:02 PM
Outside of SELA and McNeese, the Southland appears to be really bad this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dudeitsaid
September 13th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Keeler happened

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/UhfqdC.jpg

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2014, 09:04 PM
The SLC is a one bid league this year....

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 09:05 PM
What CSU-Pueblo, the #2 ranked school in Division II, is doing to SHSU is analogous to what NDSU did to Iowa State a couple weeks ago. The top teams in Division II can give many Division I-AA/FCS teams, even pretty good teams, some trouble. Of course, it is unclear if SHSU is a good team right now.

BTW, Henderson State is ranked #5 in Division II.

http://www.d2football.com/top25poll/11/

MR. CHICKEN
September 13th, 2014, 09:06 PM
19679........HE HAS LOST CONTROL...UH HIS TEAM......SOUNDS LIKE UH MUTINY........AWK!

Texas
September 13th, 2014, 09:07 PM
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/910/UhfqdC.jpg

Who doesn't want to support a new HC. Not only to a D2 but there goes our home winning streak.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2014, 09:08 PM
What CSU-Pueblo, the #2 ranked school in Division II, is doing to SHSU is analogous to what NDSU did to Iowa State a couple weeks ago. The top teams in Division II can give many Division I-AA/FCS teams, even pretty good teams, some trouble. Of course, it is unclear if SHSU is a good team right now.

Respectfully disagree...the gap between the FBS/FCS should be a lot smaller than DII and FCS.....now..."Dayton" rule teams and fledgeling programs on the other hand.....

marenlee
September 13th, 2014, 09:08 PM

The gap between D2 and FCS should be much larger than FCS vs FBS. I really wouldn't compare this to NDSU/Iowa State. This is more unprecedented. The shalacking McNeese gave to USF last year may be a little closer. But it's hard to find something for this to compare to.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 09:09 PM
The gap between D2 and FCS should be much larger than FCS vs FBS. I really wouldn't compare this to NDSU/Iowa State. This is more unprecedented. The shalacking McNeese gave to USF last year may be a little closer. But it's hard to find something for this to compare to.

EIU's win over San Diego State last year comes to mind.....

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Who doesn't want to support a new HC. Not only to a D2 but there goes our home winning streak.

You guys along with Nicholls St are an embarrassment to the rest of the FCS. You guys were NC finalists 2 years in a row. You are making a D2 team look like Alabama..

WestCoastAggie
September 13th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Wow...

eaglewraith
September 13th, 2014, 09:15 PM
Keeler builds every team on FBS transfers...

FTFY

CHIP72
I personally think the gap* between Division I-AA/FCS and Division II is smaller than the gap between Division I-A/FBS and Division I-AA/FCS, but that's just my opinion.

*When I think about the gap, I'm thinking in terms of comparing mid-level teams in each classification to one another or the top level teams in each classification to one another.

Go Lehigh TU owl
Outside of SELA and McNeese, the Southland appears to be really bad this year.

I'm watching SELA now, they look terrible.....

Red & Black
September 13th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Turrible, just turrible...

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:18 PM
I'm watching SELA now, they look terrible.....
Agreed, the only good team is McNeese. Southland is only a 1 bid league for me this year..

Red & Black
September 13th, 2014, 09:19 PM
You guys along with Nicholls St are an embarrassment to the rest of the FCS. You guys were NC finalists 2 years in a row. You are making a D2 team look like Alabama..

This. Couldn't happen to a better fan base.

Beer
September 13th, 2014, 09:19 PM
It has to be absolutely gutting as a program to see a DII team sending in the backups to get reps.

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2014, 09:22 PM
If FCS is closer to DII Than FBS...its time for NDSU to pack its bags. I don't think that is the case though.

BEAR
September 13th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Is this on tv? Online?

Tubakat2014
September 13th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Well, the silver lining here is that at least...

Uh...

I got nothing. This sucks.

deez_na
September 13th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Lmao. Seriously a d2 school? Sam has like 24 FBS transfers

Texas
September 13th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Well, the silver lining here is that at least...

Uh...

I got nothing. This sucks.

Silver lining is Keeler won't last long

dudeitsaid
September 13th, 2014, 09:27 PM
It has to be absolutely gutting as a program to see a DII team sending in the backups to get reps.

That is the biggest insult imaginable to a step up game ranked FCS team. Considering there has only been four times and FCS has beaten a ranked FBS teams, and those were by relatively close margin, this seems pretty unprecedented.

Any of you solid college football stats gurus know what the biggest margin of victory has been by a DII over a ranked FCS team has been???

This definitely reduces the luster of that first season win! :(

marenlee
September 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Is it even possible he can get canned after one season?

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
That is the biggest insult imaginable to a step up game ranked FCS team. Considering there has only been four times and FCS has beaten a ranked FBS teams, and those were by relatively close margin, this seems pretty unprecedented.

Any of you solid college football stats gurus know what the biggest margin of victory has been by a DII over a ranked FCS team has been???

This definitely reduces the luster of that first season win! :(

Didn't New Haven clobber Villanova a number of years ago?

BEAR
September 13th, 2014, 09:32 PM
UCA beat texas state 63-7 in 2006 I believe...but we were transitional.

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 09:37 PM
If FCS is closer to DII Than FBS...its time for NDSU to pack its bags. I don't think that is the case though.

It's one thing for a top level Division I-AA/FCS program to beat a low or mid-level FBS program, even a low/mid-level BCS conference program, but it is quite another for them to beat or even legitimately compete with a top level FBS program. If NDSU played one of the SEC heavyweights, they'd lose by at least 4 touchdowns if that SEC heavyweight didn't have a big game the week before and/or week after (i.e. if the NDSU game wasn't a trap game for the FBS powerhouse).

To be fair to NDSU (and it pains me to say it), I think they are clearly a step up from all other Division I-AA/FCS programs right now. They are not representative of a top FCS program; they are actually better than that.

Tubakat2014
September 13th, 2014, 09:38 PM

I've never judged a coach over less than half a season before, but boy is Keeler pushing it. It blows my mind that someone capable of being selected for any Division I head coaching job could allow this kind of disaster to happen, given the previous year's performance. Can't even use BW as a scapegoat, because it was more than just Collins wetting the bed.

bonarae
September 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM

Yes. But it was before New Haven's "accidental" discontinuation of the program.

UCA beat texas state 63-7 in 2006 I believe...but we were transitional.

It was in 2007.

Franks Tanks
September 13th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Not sure, but New Haven clobbered Lafayette the year they made it to the D-II championship game. It was the year after BU dropped football, and New Haven picked up a few guys from BU.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:41 PM
I've never judged a coach over less than half a season before, but boy is Keeler pushing it. It blows my mind that someone capable of being selected for any Division I head coaching job could allow this kind of disaster to happen, given the previous year's performance. Can't even use BW as a scapegoat, because it was more than just Collins wetting the bed.
Easy explanation. Too many transfers don't know the system + the players that were expecting to become 1st string are bitter. Doesn't make for a good team. Keeler doesn't understand this. Watch him trying to bring in more FBS players next year..

bonarae
September 13th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Not sure, but New Haven clobbered Lafayette the year they made it to the D-II championship game. It was the year after BU dropped football, and New Haven picked up a few guys from BU.

True. 38-0 was the score. It was in 1997.

Tubakat2014
September 13th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Easy explanation. Too many transfers don't know the system + the players that were expecting to become 1st string are bitter. Doesn't make for a good team. Keeler doesn't understand this. Watch him trying to bring in more FBS players next year..

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I guess I'm insane for believing those issues wouldn't happen this time. Makes sense; these guys fought for Fritz and now they're getting thrown to the sidelines. I hope he just truly was trying to "fill some holes", but he probably believes that FBS guys are a long term solution. Sigh.

kperk014
September 13th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Three years in a row, North Alabama would have competed for the FCS crown but only got one chance to prove it. They lost by a fieldgoal at Youngstown State who won back to back championships at that time. We have a powerful team this season with only 4 senior starters. We may not win three in a row again but back to back looks very possible. Of course everyone comes up with silly excuses for not giving us an invite. We have the money and have been upgrading facilities. There must be some other reason.

BullDog85
September 13th, 2014, 09:59 PM
Didn't SHSU loose their HC to Georgia Southern?

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:03 PM
Three years in a row, North Alabama would have competed for the FCS crown but only got one chance to prove it. They lost by a fieldgoal at Youngstown State who won back to back championships at that time. We have a powerful team this season with only 4 senior starters. We may not win three in a row again but back to back looks very possible. Of course everyone comes up with silly excuses for not giving us an invite. We have the money and have been upgrading facilities. There must be some other reason.
That is completely ridiculous. There are plenty of FCS leagues that will take you.. We aren't the FBS, if you have everything ready to go you can move up. I believe you can even be an independent.

kperk014
September 13th, 2014, 10:09 PM
That is completely ridiculous. There are plenty of FCS leagues that will take you.. We aren't the FBS, if you have everything ready to go you can move up. I believe you can even be an independent.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about on that issue. Without a conference invite, we are stuck. The OVC which would have been the best fit just passed a rule that they will no longer take D2 schools which is idiotic since Jax State is usually one of their best. A deal may be in the works to join the A-Sun in all sports but football and hope to get an invite from another conference for football.

Red & Black
September 13th, 2014, 10:12 PM

This is a ridiculous assertion.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:13 PM
You obviously don't know what you are talking about on that issue. Without a conference invite, we are stuck. The OVC which would have been the best fit just passed a rule that they will no longer take D2 schools which is idiotic since Jax State is usually one of their best. A deal may be in the works to join the A-Sun in all sports but football and hope to get an invite from another conference for football.
Do you have any links to prove that any FCS league passed a law like that. Also, NDSU, SDSU and another 4-5 teams moved up as a whole to form the Great West. The GW merged into the Big Sky with some going to the MVFC. Unless something has changed I believe this is still possible.
Here you go-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_West_Conference

kperk014
September 13th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Here you go:

http://www.ovcsports.com/news/2014/6/3/GEN_0603141623.aspx

http://www.timesdaily.com/sports/article_432ff510-21d5-11e4-84f2-0017a43b2370.html

But if you know of anyone who'll give us a chance, we'll take it.

WestCoastAggie
September 13th, 2014, 10:29 PM
What's going on in the Southland Conference?

WestCoastAggie
September 13th, 2014, 10:31 PM

Have you been in talks with the Big South or MEAC about joining?

kperk014
September 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Have you been in talks with the Big South or MEAC about joining?

I can't say for sure but I'm pretty sure we've been in talks with every conference within 600 miles. That takes in quite a few. We should have left in the '90s but too many people didn't want to give up hosting the D2 Championship game. If we had moved then we would have avoided the $3 million move up fee that was imposed a few years ago. That's so wrong. That's money that could go to making improvements for the move and who knows where that money goes.

kperk014
September 13th, 2014, 10:39 PM
What's going on in the Southland Conference?

The Southland just took in two schools who are in their footprint.

Cattitude
September 13th, 2014, 10:44 PM
The Southland just took in two schools who are in their footprint.
...and one of them just upset Troy 38-35. Go ACU!!

kperk014
September 13th, 2014, 11:03 PM

We had a great game with you guys in the Palace in Dallas a few years ago. Great game!

BEAR
September 13th, 2014, 11:12 PM

the SLC is officially screwed up! Lol

Vitojr130
September 14th, 2014, 03:02 AM

I disagree. Iowa St. hasn't even sniffed a conference championship, let alone a national championship, in any recent history. SHSU took a turn for the worst in literally 2 years flat.

rokamortis
September 14th, 2014, 06:29 AM

If you join the A-Sun then you'll probably be playing football in the Big South. The two leagues have a deal for the A-Sun teams to play as affiliate members in the Big South.

wmmii
September 14th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Eastern Washington victory over SHSU looks very hollow now, think EW is overrated.............

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2014, 07:12 AM
The Koaching Kurse of KC Keeler....

Red & Black
September 14th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Eastern Washington victory over SHSU looks very hollow now, think EW is overrated.............

Saw that one coming. I think we'll know more after this coming weekend.

X-Factor
September 14th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Nah, EW is still good. This is just the case where there is a really big gap between #1 and everyone else at the moment

Catatonic
September 14th, 2014, 07:26 AM
It does not surprise me that #5 Henderson knocked off Nicholls. Nor does it surprise me that #2 ranked CSU Pueblo beat Sam Houston. The better D2 teams are tough and very capable of beating many FCS teams.

What does surprise me is how totally dominant CSUP was against what is supposed to be a solid Sam Houston team, even in a rebuilding year. Shocking would not be too strong a word.

FormerPokeCenter
September 14th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Sam didn't respect the game....

Kudos to ACU for taking down Troy....NICE!

Catatonic
September 14th, 2014, 07:29 AM
We had a great game with you guys in the Palace in Dallas a few years ago. Great game!

It was a great game, except for the outcome. :D Your fans traveled very well. UNA had more butts in the seats than some of the local Lone Star Conference teams.

Red & Black
September 14th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Nah, EW is still good. This is just the case where there is a really big gap between #1 and everyone else at the moment

That could be the case, we'll see. I still think any team is beatable, including NDSU.

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2014, 07:47 AM
I love people talking about the Southland like they watch the football week in and week out.

Congrats ACU on the W

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 08:10 AM
That could be the case, we'll see. I still think any team is beatable, including NDSU.

NDSU is beatable. A team needs to have 2 very good corners to play man-to-man all game to let the safties cheat up to support the run. NDSU doesn't throw deep a lot but utilizes the TE and RB out of the backfield. A 3-4 alignment with a lot of movement also causes problems for the Bison....see Missouri State.

It is going to take a team with a fundamentally sound defense to beat the Bison cus the Bison defense is tough as nails this year again and no team is going to score much over 24-25 points.....probably 20.

Texas
September 14th, 2014, 08:16 AM

It's not the case. We are loaded with transfer talent that can play but they are having piss poor coaching. Keeler's MO... We had too much confidence he would break his mold.

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2014, 08:17 AM
19685........HOW CAN YA...NOT MOTIVATE....TEXAS FOOTBALL PLAYERS.....xdontknowx......BRAWK!

KC'S NORFF-EAST BACKGROUND........NOT TRANSLATIN' WELL.......WHIFF "HOWDY PART'NER"......SAGEBRUSH SERENADE.............AWK!

Laker
September 14th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Glad to see D2 schools get some pub for winning. xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2014, 08:32 AM
This just blows me away after watching that SHSU EWU game earlier this year. Wow what is happening with SHSU???

caribbeanhen
September 14th, 2014, 08:46 AM
all you guys that are shocked sound like the Michigan fans back in 2007, Colorado State Pueblo beats a lot of FCS teams right now, certainly no West Chester right KC? They should just put the top 4 rated Div 2 teams in the FCS playoffs and watch them win at least a first round game..... spice it up.

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2014, 08:49 AM
I wonder what SHSU had to pay them for that beatdown?

TheRevSFA
September 14th, 2014, 08:52 AM
What's funny about the people insulting Nicholls and saying they should can football is that six years ago Nicholls was a playoff team. They'll come back

Texas
September 14th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I wonder what SHSU had to pay them for that beatdown?

Hopefully a lot. That way Keeler's stay will be short.

kalm
September 14th, 2014, 10:10 AM
NDSU is beatable. A team needs to have 2 very good corners to play man-to-man all game to let the safties cheat up to support the run. NDSU doesn't throw deep a lot but utilizes the TE and RB out of the backfield. A 3-4 alignment with a lot of movement also causes problems for the Bison....see Missouri State.

It is going to take a team with a fundamentally sound defense to beat the Bison cus the Bison defense is tough as nails this year again and no team is going to score much over 24-25 points.....probably 20.

And I don't see any team keeping us much under 40. It's a potential matchup that's been a long time coming. I hope it happens.

dwtime
September 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM

Tough to recruit true freshmen when you have a reputation of bringing in a bunch of transfers, competition for a position is one thing but bringing in some stud from Big-U is another. If I was a talented incoming freshman I would choose a school like UNH that doesn't bring in FBS transfers and develops players.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 10:33 AM
And I don't see any team keeping us much under 40. It's a potential matchup that's been a long time coming. I hope it happens.

It will be a good game if it happens but I can tell you this....no way any team scores 40 on this Bison defense.

thebootfitter
September 14th, 2014, 10:36 AM
It will be a good game if it happens but I can tell you this....no way any team scores 40 on this Bison defense.
Unstoppable force vs immovable object?

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Unstoppable force vs immovable object?

xthumbsupx

I really hope this game happens this year.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2014, 10:44 AM

Transitive property incoming: Wyoming "held" Oregon's offense to 48 points...do you think that a Craig Bohl defense with his players on it would keep a team held to half of that? I honestly do, and EWU ain't no Oregon, no matter what they think.

SIUSalukiFan
September 14th, 2014, 10:56 AM

Be careful ... xnodx

You don't want to say anything that might come back to haunt you.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2014, 10:59 AM
Be careful ... xnodx

What? SIU going to do it?

Nickels
September 14th, 2014, 11:13 AM
SHSU is terrible.

QB cant even complete screen passes. Run blocking sucks. D can't stop anyone. Players and coaches don't seem to give a ****.

Gonna be a long season. We may win 1-2 more games max.

Nickels
September 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM
Someone even pooped in the elevator xthumbsdownx

http://s30.postimg.org/c4j878uxt/poopedelevator.jpg

Red & Black
September 14th, 2014, 11:29 AM
It will be a good game if it happens but I can tell you this....no way any team scores 40 on this Bison defense.Maybe. Time will tell. I doubt NDSU has the athletes on D that Washington does, and we scored 52 on them. Who knows, but my point is anything is possible.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Maybe. Time will tell. I doubt NDSU has the athletes on D that Washington does, and we scored 52 on them. Who knows, but my point is anything is possible.

It's not your offense that matters, it's your god awful defense. All our defense has to do is stop you 2 or 3 times...yours has to go against a grind for probably 35 to 40 minutes if you can't stop our run game.

That's just not winnable for ANY team that I can think of.

Red & Black
September 14th, 2014, 11:39 AM
It's not your offense that matters, it's your god awful defense. All our defense has to do is stop you 2 or 3 times...yours has to go against a grind for probably 35 to 40 minutes if you can't stop our run game.

I get what you're saying. Let's see how it plays out. xthumbsupx

Bearkats94
September 14th, 2014, 11:56 AM
SHSU is terrible.

QB cant even complete screen passes. Run blocking sucks. D can't stop anyone. Players and coaches don't seem to give a ****.

Gonna be a long season. We may win 1-2 more games max.

Even the score board couldn't handle the beating an quit.

Sammy94
September 14th, 2014, 04:43 PM
I'm going to be a alcoholic once this season is done.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Be careful ... xnodx

When the Bison do lose I'll be the first to congratulate that team. The Bison will lose sometime but it will take a very good effort.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 14th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Maybe. Time will tell. I doubt NDSU has the athletes on D that Washington does, and we scored 52 on them. Who knows, but my point is anything is possible.

NDSU might not have the 'athletes' UW does but they have very good football players...xnodx

Thunderwolves Fan
September 14th, 2014, 07:02 PM
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/BWileyHedrick/image_zps83bef3c7.jpg (http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/BWileyHedrick/media/image_zps83bef3c7.jpg.html)

Nicely done Thunderwolves. Completely dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWxfzsiMqi4 - Some of the CSU-Pueblo highlights from the game.

Thunderwolves Fan
September 14th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Lmao. Seriously a d2 school? Sam has like 24 FBS transfers

That's nearly the amount of total scholarships that CSU-P has to offer (28) xcoolx

Rjones61
September 14th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Willie Fritz saw this coming and jumped ship to a different FCS school. Weren't their fans on here claiming SHSU is fielding their best defense ever?

Texas
September 15th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Willie Fritz saw this coming and jumped ship to a different FCS school. Weren't their fans on here claiming SHSU is fielding their best defense ever?

Not at all. What he got was broken promises to progressing to be FBS. Our team probably is fielding the most talented group we have had but that doesn't mean **** when there is no discipline, and control. That's a coaching problem.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 15th, 2014, 08:20 AM
None of these comments are credible until I hear from the "Authority" on Bearkat football!

kalm
September 15th, 2014, 08:27 AM

Depending the number of possessions, that's still potentially scoring in the 40's for us. You would likely have less and longer possessions, so if WE can get two or three stops...

Not chest beating here, because I'd still consider us an underdawg as of right now, but defenses can improve. Don't forget how we started last season and by November and December were shutting down the top FCS rushing attack in Cal Poly, and effectively keeping ZZ and Terrance West in check.

Catatonic
September 15th, 2014, 08:31 AM
That's nearly the amount of total scholarships that CSU-P has to offer (28) xcoolx

Some D2 teams have a lot of talent at the top because NCAA academic admission standards are lower for D2 than FCS. The thing I like about CSUP is they have almost no FBS transfers on their team. What they have done has been with "D2 talent." Gotta admire the job their coaches have done in building a first rate D2 program in just a few short years. Enjoy your HCwhile you can. He will have offers to move up to D1 soon enough. Most D2 schools can't compete with FCS or FBS salaries.

Sammy94
September 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM
None of these comments are credible until I hear from the "Authority" on Bearkat football!

What would you like to hear? This team is in disarray. IMO too many changes to fast. A new offense, a new coaching staff, way too many transfers with the I want the ball mentality. No discipline, very few leaders and no team chemistry. Sr. RB K. Hill pretty much sums it up:
“We lost the game in the second quarter,” Hill said. “Some people gave up. Some people started pointing fingers. Some people were cussing each other out. You lost right there. No composure. No composure at all.
“Yeah, things were getting a little frantic but we can’t point fingers and we can’t fight each other. Because not only were we fighting each other, we had to fight somebody else on the field. Once we started doing that, we lost the battle right there. The game was over.”

This team has the most talent on any Sam team I've watch play but if there is no changes made quickly we will be lucky to win 3 more game and perhaps not win another home game this season.
Stay tuned......

Nickels
September 15th, 2014, 10:45 AM
What would you like to hear? This team is in disarray. IMO too many changes to fast. A new offense, a new coaching staff, way too many transfers with the I want the ball mentality. No discipline, very few leaders and no team chemistry. Sr. RB K. Hill pretty much sums it up:
“We lost the game in the second quarter,” Hill said. “Some people gave up. Some people started pointing fingers. Some people were cussing each other out. You lost right there. No composure. No composure at all.
“Yeah, things were getting a little frantic but we can’t point fingers and we can’t fight each other. Because not only were we fighting each other, we had to fight somebody else on the field. Once we started doing that, we lost the battle right there. The game was over.”

This team has the most talent on any Sam team I've watch play but if there is no changes made quickly we will be lucky to win 3 more game and perhaps not win another home game this season.
Stay tuned......
xnodx

3rd Coast Tiger
September 15th, 2014, 11:26 AM

Stay tuned......

TexasTerror..... is that you?

Sammy94
September 15th, 2014, 11:46 AM
TexasTerror..... is that you?

Nope just reporting facts.

Panther88
September 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
This team has the most talent on any Sam team I've watch play

+1. Very physically gifted.

I'm making the game between Mac and Sam. It's going to be a slobber-knocker if everything progresses like I think it will for both squads.

The Eagle's Cliff
September 15th, 2014, 03:13 PM
I think Willie Fritz is pretty happy to be at Ga Southern playing in front of 23K at home and 10K supporters on the road at 53K Ga Tech. Good guy and good coach - so far. These close losses won't fly two years from now however. NDSU isn't really in the same league as other FCS. They own recruiting in three states and their own state is about the only one in the union booming until the Lefties shut down the fracking.

TheEagleSHSU
September 15th, 2014, 04:01 PM

Stay tuned......

My thoughts exactly!

3rd Coast Tiger
September 15th, 2014, 04:23 PM
*sarcasm guys* xsmiley_wix

I just wanted to get TT in on the discussion as for years he's always had thoughts, comments, suggestions for everyone in the SWAC's (namely Texas Southern's) program so I thought I'd give him a chance to chime in on this one.

TheEagleSHSU
September 15th, 2014, 04:42 PM
*sarcasm guys* xsmiley_wix

I just wanted to get TT in on the discussion as for years he's always had thoughts, comments, suggestions for everyone in the SWAC's (namely Texas Southern's) program so I thought I'd give him a chance to chime in on this one.

He has not been around as much as of late on KF.com. He is very objective of other schools though, not afraid to give his point of view.

Thunderwolves Fan
September 15th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Some D2 teams have a lot of talent at the top because NCAA academic admission standards are lower for D2 than FCS. The thing I like about CSUP is they have almost no FBS transfers on their team. What they have done has been with "D2 talent." Gotta admire the job their coaches have done in building a first rate D2 program in just a few short years. Enjoy your HCwhile you can. He will have offers to move up to D1 soon enough. Most D2 schools can't compete with FCS or FBS salaries.

Agreed, I can think of only 1 FBS transfer this season and he graduated from CU already and wanted to play down in Pueblo. Rarely have they really gone after or gotten any big transfers, Wristen believes in 4-5 year players and instilling the right way of doing things and it has paid off greatly for him. West Texas fans thought I was crazy when I said I would take our running back group over Northwestern transfer RB Vernic Mark, but I would do so any day of the year. We did take an ACU QB transfer this year and are glad to have him, seems to be a good kid.

Sammy94
September 15th, 2014, 07:31 PM
Panther you along with any McNeese fans traveling are welcomed to our tailgate. It's homecoming for us so it should still be a great tailgate. Brisket, Ribs, and pulled pork is on the menu. Tailgate may just be the only highlight for us Kat fans.

Red & Black
September 16th, 2014, 10:12 PM
NDSU might not have the 'athletes' UW does but they have very good football players...xnodx

Agreed.

Panther88
September 16th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Panther you along with any McNeese fans traveling are welcomed to our tailgate. It's homecoming for us so it should still be a great tailgate. Brisket, Ribs, and pulled pork is on the menu. Tailgate may just be the only highlight for us Kat fans.

Thanks Sammy!!!! Let me know what I need to bring food/drink wise. Also, I'll be bringing concrete, timber, nails, floor plan, and blenders so we can try to mimick the bldg that borders Mac's stadium... man, it's a small walk from their tailgate area and impressive isn't the word to describe it. :( (Daiquiri Shop) I'm still in awe.

TheRevSFA
September 17th, 2014, 07:48 AM
It's okay. I saw TT post on Facebook so I know he didn't kill himself after that loss

Sammy94
September 17th, 2014, 07:58 AM
:( (Daiquiri Shop) I'm still in awe.

Frozen Factory I love that place. Its a must stop for every McNeese game. Not sure we can come close to those frozen creations but we can give it try.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2014, 09:03 AM
http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii484/BWileyHedrick/image_zps83bef3c7.jpg (http://s1256.photobucket.com/user/BWileyHedrick/media/image_zps83bef3c7.jpg.html)

Nicely done Thunderwolves. Completely dominated the trenches on both sides of the ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWxfzsiMqi4 - Some of the CSU-Pueblo highlights from the game.

This needs to be seen more.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2014, 09:05 AM
More seriously, should we really be surprised? These D-II teams are good teams. Saying that losses the CSU-Pueblo are bad because they're D-II are the same mistake FBS people make about rating one of their top teams when NDSU upsets them, because they're FCS. There's a huge difference between CSU-Pueblo and the College of Faith.

Sammy94
September 17th, 2014, 09:16 AM
There's a huge difference between CSU-Pueblo and the College of Faith.

Nothing against CSU-P they are a very good team but the Sam team I saw on the field Sat. wouldn't have beaten College of Faith. Serious issues going on in the program at this time.

3rd Coast Tiger
September 17th, 2014, 10:51 AM
It's okay. I saw TT post on Facebook so I know he didn't kill himself after that loss

xlmaox

Model Citizen
September 17th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Are you guys the same people who expressed shock when then-D-II North Dakota State smacked someone from I-AA?

The team formerly known as Southern Colorado is legit.

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2014, 11:01 AM
More seriously, should we really be surprised? These D-II teams are good teams. Saying that losses the CSU-Pueblo are bad because they're D-II are the same mistake FBS people make about rating one of their top teams when NDSU upsets them, because they're FCS. There's a huge difference between CSU-Pueblo and the College of Faith.

Yeah but if you are a good FCS you shouldn't get bitch slapped so bad that the DII is putting in their #2s.

Nickels
September 17th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Nothing against CSU-P they are a very good team but the Sam team I saw on the field Sat. wouldn't have beaten College of Faith. Serious issues going on in the program at this time.
Thefts in the locker room, players wanting to transfer (again), tweets displaying poor attitude and lack of accountability...things have gone to **** pretty quickly.

SFA 71
September 20th, 2014, 09:24 PM

Thanks for asking for me. What can I say, they're beercats!