PDA

View Full Version : Hampton defeats BCC

HIU 93
November 3rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
34-17.

PROS
Overall defense looked good. Alonzo Coleman was excellent, even though he was only about 70% healthy.

CONS
Still have trouble with run defense, way too many dang penalties.

Looking forward to FAMU next week. That will be another tough one. If we win, it gives us a full two weeks off before the playoffs to get healthy. We really need that.

Umass74
November 3rd, 2006, 07:33 AM
I watched the game. Hampton has LOTS of speed.

I thought the three-blocked-kicks-in-a-row to be amazing. BCC just did not know what they were doing on their special teams.

Lots of easy calls for the refs. When someone committed pass interference in that game, it was REALLY interference :)

HIU 93
November 3rd, 2006, 07:36 AM
Daily press stories on the game...

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-70132sy0nov03,0,5293130.story?coll=dp-sports-local

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-69853sy0nov03,0,2465898.story?coll=dp-sports-local

HIU 93
November 3rd, 2006, 07:37 AM
I watched the game. Hampton has LOTS of speed.

I thought the three-blocked-kicks-in-a-row to be amazing. BCC just did not know what they were doing on their special teams.

Lots of easy calls for the refs. When someone committed pass interference in that game, it was REALLY interference :)

Yeah- we have to stop making stupid penalties.

psc2445
November 3rd, 2006, 09:03 AM
34-17.

PROS
Overall defense looked good. Alonzo Coleman was excellent, even though he was only about 70% healthy.

CONS
Still have trouble with run defense, way too many dang penalties.

Looking forward to FAMU next week. That will be another tough one. If we win, it gives us a full two weeks off before the playoffs to get healthy. We really need that.

i swear the espn ticker had you guys losing most of the game, was that the case of did they just have the scores backwards.

bluehenbillk
November 3rd, 2006, 09:46 AM
i swear the espn ticker had you guys losing most of the game, was that the case of did they just have the scores backwards.

What's more amazing is they had the score reversed for most of the game on the ticker & the game was shown on their family network. I thought DelState was a playoff lock looking at the ticker.

MrTitleist
November 3rd, 2006, 09:49 AM

The ticker had Hampton losing, and for some reason, the clock was stuck on 5:33 for about 20 minutes.

griz37
November 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM
So if Hampton beats FAMU do they win the auto-bid from the MEAC?

AZGrizFan
November 3rd, 2006, 11:33 AM

You are correct. At one point they had BC up 24-10. And then when you look at the box score on espn.com, they had BC scoring a FG in the 2nd quarter, when it was actually Hampton, they had BC scoring a FG in the 3rd qtr (didn't happen), and somehow scoring FOUR points in the 4th quarter....apparently someone hit a grand slam. :p :rolleyes:

You know what they say about computers (i.e., the internet)....garbage in, garbage out.

bluehenbillk
November 3rd, 2006, 12:14 PM
So if Hampton beats FAMU do they win the auto-bid from the MEAC?

Yea they beat DelState head-to-head in Dover.

psc2445
November 3rd, 2006, 12:35 PM
thanks guys, glad to know i wasnt seeing things.

putter
November 3rd, 2006, 01:05 PM
I agree with Umass, Hampton has good team speed and looked good on offense. Need to shore up the D a little but it was just one game.

I too was confused with the scores and I was flipping back and forth on ESPN. xidiotx

PIRATETIZED1
November 4th, 2006, 09:27 AM
I'm glad we got the W.

From my point-of-view, it was winning ugly. An ugly W is always better than a Pretty loss!

Too many Dag-gone Penalties...stupid, stupid, STUPID!!!! :bawling:
Run defense was like putting a knife thru melted butter!!!! :nono:
QB play C - C+ at best.
Zo' was Excellent....Viva la Zo' !!!!
Thank God for Special Teams (though they Did NOT show up for the Richmond game last year in PL!) :nod:
Coach Joe Taylor - He showed more emotion than I've seen since he was 1st hired!!!!

My Opinion:
HU will defeat FAMU
HU will get autobid
HU not READY for BIG-Time I-AA football
HU in Playoffs - 1 & out again (Man, I hope I'm wrong!!!!)
HU in the future - Coach Taylor has been great; AD & Coaching to tough
He may decide to just handle AD!
Need to step up more competitive schedule; top I-AA & maybe weaker I-A teams
MEAC - only 1 team gets in (Wow, no kidding!)
Playoff opponent- prob. JMU (but personally would LOVE HU vs Towson!) xlolx

Finally, Happy Playoffs to ALL, and to ALL a GoodNight!!!!!!!

PIRATETIZED :cool:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”