PDA

View Full Version : American Sports Network?

UNHFan
September 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Why is it when I google ASN nothing shows up? Is this network on Directtv? if so what channel?

woffordgrad94
September 12th, 2014, 02:05 PM
I am on an IPad and I have a hard time posting links with it, but American Sports Network has a Wikipedia entry. ASN is not a stand alone channel like ESPN or FOX Sports 1. It is owned by Sinclair Broadcasting. Affiliates that carry ASN games on Saturdays are local Sinclair owned stations. In my market the affiliate is WMYA Channel 40, our local MY Network station. Many ASN affiliates are MY Network or CW. But unfortunately, some of the ASN games are aired in some markets on digital subchannels (i.e. 40.2) that aren't typically available with DISH, DirectTV, and my provider AT&T U-Verse. But you should be able to pick up all local subchannels with an HDTV and an over the air antenna.

kdinva
September 12th, 2014, 02:09 PM
For Verizon/FIOS in central Va., it's channel 10 ("MyTV")....

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2014, 02:16 PM
This is what you're looking for:

http://www.caasports.com/documents/2014/9/10/TVClearances_0907_0913.pdf

The game will be on NESN plus and MAY be available to stream for free. Before the day is out I'm planning to make a blog post explaining the coverage area.

In the Philly area the game will be on FiOS on Channel 480 (Channel 69.4 Allentown, Retro TV). That's where I will be watching the game.

RichH2
September 12th, 2014, 02:18 PM
As said,it is not an origination network primarily. Dish picks them up fot Patriot and CAA among other conference feeds . Try zap2 it.com for what feeds are being shown in your area. ASN does have a twitter acct.

UNHFan
September 12th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Great thank you I can't believe UNH site couldn't just say that ugh!!!! Makes sense NESNPlus produced by ASN

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 12th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Just looked at my Guide on AT+T U-Verse for NESN Plus/Alternate at 3:30 and I see Kansas at Duke. Same game is on NESN, but the Red Sox coverage will begin before the end of the football game. I guess that's why they also put the game on NESN Plus/Alternate. Probably some requirement they televise ACC games because of a contract with the University of Chestnut Hill. The Noon game is GA Southern-GA Tech! Time to write NESN another email reminding them that the majority of New England doesn't care about the Beagles and especially their Tobacco Road league. :D

I think streaming off the NESN website is the only option in New England.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 12th, 2014, 03:48 PM
So, will the game be available for streaming via the UNH website? I'd pay....

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 12th, 2014, 03:59 PM
So, will the game be available for streaming via the UNH website? I'd pay....

Nope, I've been told they can't stream it live because of the ASN agreement. Same thing happens when the game is televised by Comcast Sports Net. Only difference is that CSN is a real channel unlike ASN. I believe the game will be available in the archives for those who have the season pass to the UNH Web Broadcasts.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 12th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Question on the NESN website. Is it free for all? Do you need to be a subscriber on your cable system? I have a lot of computer-savvy fans that are dying to find out the answer.

RichH2
September 13th, 2014, 09:54 AM
nesn.com livestream for game. No fee asked for.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I have an extensive summary of the broadcast info for the game here:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/lehighunh-broadcaststream-info-and-week.html

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I should note that just because a station is listed as being an ASN "affiliate" or that they will broadcast the game, that doesn't mean it will actually be broadcast. Last week the MeTV station in DC (a subchannel of WJLA Channel 7, the ABC station in DC) had the Fordham/Villanova game listed as being televised on the on-screen guide, but continued to show their normal 1950s/1960s retro TV programming when the game was taking place. Luckily that game was being streamed on the Patriot League website.

UNHFan
September 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Thanks Lehigh Nation But NESN Plus isn't chan 434 on Directv its 628-1 NESN Regular and plus both showing Kansas game.. finger crossed

Lehigh Football Nation
September 13th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Thanks Lehigh Nation But NESN Plus isn't chan 434 on Directv its 628-1 NESN Regular and plus both showing Kansas game.. finger crossed

Thanks - I will fix.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 12:02 PM
"NESN.com will also livestream the New Hampshire-Lehigh game right here at 3:30 p.m."

http://nesn.com/2014/09/three-games-featured-in-saturdays-nesn-nesn-plus-college-football-slate/ 

http://i61.tinypic.com/k9x2cg.png

ngineer
September 13th, 2014, 09:38 PM
I am glad I was not able to watch it.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I am glad I was not able to watch it.

I'm glad I was! xpopcornx