PDA

View Full Version : GSU outlook for the future

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 2nd, 2006, 07:52 PM
just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this exact subject that has started a civil war on TSC.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 2nd, 2006, 10:33 PM
I think there should be an option between the top two choices..

"after a few seasons GSU will be winning more and going deeper in the playoffs than in the sewak era"

Tod
November 2nd, 2006, 10:58 PM
I think there should be an option between the top two choices..

"after a few seasons GSU will be winning more and going deeper in the playoffs than in the sewak era"

That's my problem, too. I vote for SWBN's answer. :nod: :nod:

Death Dealer
November 3rd, 2006, 07:47 AM
You guys will be back to giving coaching staffs around the country headaches and sleepless nights again before you know it. You already are effecting BL's sleep I'm sure.

AppGuy04
November 3rd, 2006, 07:53 AM
I'll add another option: You will bitch and moan and run BVG out of town before he even gets a chance to win b/c your fans expect to win the NC every year.

Baldy
November 3rd, 2006, 08:23 AM
I'll add another option: You will bitch and moan and run BVG out of town before he even gets a chance to win b/c your fans expect to win the NC every year.
It doesn't matter if he goes 45-0 over the next 3 seasons. There would be a vocal minority ready to run him out of town on a rail because he took away their raggedy yellow school buses and Triple Option.

OL FU
November 3rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
Where is the "Only Time will Tell" option (I mean choice) :D

BeauFoster
November 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM
It doesn't matter if he goes 45-0 over the next 3 seasons. There would be a vocal minority ready to run him out of town on a rail because he took away their raggedy yellow school buses and Triple Option.

I actually heard some complaints about changing the facemask color. That seems to be a little nit-picky to me. I understand that GSU has traditions, every school has them and they are great to tie fans together. But a gray facemask vs. a white one (or blue or black or whatever) isn't going to kill someone and it shouldn't be considered a reason to remove a coach. Some people have too much time on their hands.

OL FU
November 3rd, 2006, 08:40 AM

I have stayed away from the Southern Connection so I haven't heard all the arguments but I can imagine.

Here is my take (and an uneducated one at best)

I understand why fans are disgruntled. Last year 8-4 and disappointed. This year who knows but a losing record seems likely with almost the same team as last year. So head shaking and disappointment are understandable. On the other hand all the Sewak haters should be keeping their mouth shut.

Now the flip side is , it is one season and all the sky is falling people need a reality check. Yes GSU fans are spoiled. Yes a lot of the traditions are changing. and finally, yes nobody really knows whether BVG will succeed or not. but even as a Furman fan (that has snickered somewhat privately at what you guys are going through this year) I don't see GSU forever in the depths of mediocrity so why should Georgia Southern fans. Programs are not measured over a period of one year. SEE USD. Their program is based solidly on the fact that Harbaugh is their coach. That is not a program that is a phenomenon(sp). Georgia Southern has a program, it will take more than one year to end it.

But only time will tell.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 3rd, 2006, 10:07 AM

If TCS had its way... that would have been done after our loss to CCSU.

AppGuy04
November 3rd, 2006, 10:35 AM
If TCS had its way... that would have been done after our loss to CCSU.

which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard

Seven Would Be Nice
November 3rd, 2006, 10:42 AM
which is the dumbest thing I have ever heard

I've never accused them of being intelligent. :p ;)