PDA

View Full Version : Another L-L #150 Thread

Bogus Megapardus
September 10th, 2014, 02:57 AM
Neither team is off to an auspicious start for 2014. What sort of product are we going to put on the field at Yankee Stadium on November 22? A couple of 3-7 teams isn't going to do it.

bjtheflamesfan
September 10th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I would hope they improve as well...Id love to see Gameday go against type and be there for the 150th meeting which would be their second FCS stop after Fargo

LUHawker
September 10th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Neither team is off to an auspicious start for 2014. What sort of product are we going to put on the field at Yankee Stadium on November 22? A couple of 3-7 teams isn't going to do it.

What???

Both are 0-1. Lehigh just missed out on a win against perennial CAA power JMU, despite a very young team. Lafayette shot itself in the foot. No need to get too worked up yet.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2014, 09:08 AM

Too soon. Personally I'm expecting the winner taking the Patriot League title, the runner-up taking the at-large from Liberty.

RichH2
September 10th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Too soon. Personally I'm expecting the winner taking the Patriot League title, the runner-up taking the at-large from Liberty.

+1But,I'll get more optimistic once we start winning.

Pard4Life
September 10th, 2014, 09:33 AM

I need some of your happy pills.

Pard4Life
September 10th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Just think, you could spend $450 on stub hub to see this mess!

Lehigh will probably be fine... Bucknell and Fordham games will be tough for them... and likely Colgate now.

On the other hand, Lafayette is looking to simply be competitive at this point. Disgraceful.

Lehigh'98
September 10th, 2014, 09:47 AM

Lehigh will probably be fine... Bucknell and Fordham games will be tough for them... and likely Colgate now.

On the other hand, Lafayette is looking to simply be competitive at this point. Disgraceful.

Finally, a nugget of wisdom...

Pard4Life
September 10th, 2014, 09:53 AM

Har Har... Har...

RichH2
September 10th, 2014, 10:50 AM

Once suspensions and IR are cleared Pards will be OK. Clayton does seem to be an ongoing issue.

Pard4Life
September 10th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Once suspensions and IR are cleared Pards will be OK. Clayton does seem to be an ongoing issue.

xeyebrowx

A famous song once said: "Oh no, you know he's got to go... go go Franksosaurus!"

PAllen
September 10th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I need some of your happy pills.

Yeah, I've seen nothing in the first two weeks that indicates anything but a tough year for both teams. Lafayette has a chance to get healthy with what should be an easy win this week, but can they do it? As for Lehigh, I wouldn't call JMU a perennial power in the CAA. IIRC it's been a while since they've been in the playoffs. This week, LU faces a UNH team that I'm quite frankly scared of based on what I've seen in each team's opening games. Add the fact that UNH is coming off of a bye, and it doesn't look pretty. While it would not surprise me if the autobid were up for grabs at Yankee Stadium, it's going to take a whole lot of winning from both schools if they hope to lose that game and get an at-large. Both schools have improved their schedules over recent years, but I don't see either getting an at large bid with 3 losses unless there is a bunch of nonsense going on elsewhere around FCS.

carney2
September 10th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Yeah, the two schools certainly loaded their guns for their prime time moment, didn't they. They had loads of questions going in. Where do they stand after only one game:

Answers

LEHIGH
Running game could be the best in years.

LAFAYETTE
Defense looks pretty good.

Questions

LEHIGH
Defense continues non-existent.
Receiving corps not showing much yet.
QB may not be a question, but no indication yet that he's the answer. Does Coen have him run so much because he can or because he doesn't trust him with the traditional QB role?

LAFAYETTE
OL pitiful for the 5th consecutive year.
WRs will not emerge from mediocrity until freshmen get on the field.
QB was considered a considerable strength. Not so far.

How about two sub-.500 teams at Yankee Stadium in the wind, cold and rain? Not even RichH and Bogie would be excited about that.

Southsider
September 10th, 2014, 03:41 PM

Too funny! Actually, I think P4L is a pretty sharp guy, and knows his stuff. He just lets his hatred for LU cloud his thinkingxnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 10th, 2014, 04:07 PM
QB may not be a question, but no indication yet that he's the answer. Does Coen have him run so much because he can or because he doesn't trust him with the traditional QB role?

A fair question, I suppose, but considering he was PL Offensive POW last week and everyone seemed pretty thrilled at how he performed overall, I'd say the prognosis is very good at this point. 2 TDs passing, 0 INTs is a very good day against what was termed a very strong JMU secondary.

PAllen
September 10th, 2014, 04:15 PM
A fair question, I suppose, but considering he was PL Offensive POW last week and everyone seemed pretty thrilled at how he performed overall, I'd say the prognosis is very good at this point. 2 TDs passing, 0 INTs is a very good day against what was termed a very strong JMU secondary.

I'm sure that the game plan was to bring him up slowly (probably to avoid first game jitters as much as anything). Most of the throws he did make were right on the money, and many were not all that easy. True, we haven't seen him fling it around in a traditional Air Lehigh type setting, but with the RB performance we saw Saturday, that wasn't really called for.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 10th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Yeah, the two schools certainly loaded their guns for their prime time moment, didn't they. They had loads of questions going in. Where do they stand after only one game:

Answers

LEHIGH
Running game could be the best in years.

LAFAYETTE
Defense looks pretty good.

Questions

LEHIGH
Defense continues non-existent.
Receiving corps not showing much yet.

LAFAYETTE
OL pitiful for the 5th consecutive year.
WRs will not emerge from mediocrity until freshmen get on the field.
QB was considered a considerable strength. Not so far.

How about two sub-.500 teams at Yankee Stadium in the wind, cold and rain? Not even RichH and Bogie would be excited about that.

I simply don't understand the QB concerns at this point. The Lehigh fans have said for months that Shaf is the guy and he's proven to be. Shafnisky made his first appearance last year against HC and was named PL ROW for his performance. Nick made his first start the following week against Colgate and was once again named ROW. In his first start this year he was named Offensive POW. I'd say he's doing quite well...

I think he ran a lot last week because, one it was working and two, it was working......

Bogus Megapardus
September 10th, 2014, 04:41 PM
A famous song once said: "Oh no, you know he's got to go... go go Franksosaurus!"

Now you did it, P4L. I can't get that song out of my head! xshakefistx

ngineer
September 11th, 2014, 07:50 PM
I simply don't understand the QB concerns at this point. The Lehigh fans have said for months that Shaf is the guy and he's proven to be. Shafnisky made his first appearance last year against HC and was named PL ROW for his performance. Nick made his first start the following week against Colgate and was once again named ROW. In his first start this year he was named Offensive POW. I'd say he's doing quite well...

I think he ran a lot last week because, one it was working and two, it was working......

This week will tell alot about Lehigh, even if they lose. They are playing a much better team than JMU, so they can still improve and come up short on the scoreboard. Already down two starters in the OL due to injuries this week, but some Sophs and Frosh got valuable time against JMU, and consider Shaf was not sacked once. While the run game and his ability to move certainly was a factor, I don't recall him even being "hurried" when he did throw. For the most part the receivers did a nice job. 8 or 9 guys caught passes, so no need for the one big star if the system is clicking.

For me the key will be, as usual, on defense. Despite 600 yards given up, 200+ was on about 3 or 4 plays. D played very well at times, but then would give up the triple or the home run. Inexperience will do that, and I would expect Bott will be addressing that. I truly believe our secondary played better, overall. What is needed is more pressure from the up front guys.

Finally, where all close games are won or lost...special teams. Pandy cannot have another reprise, though I understand the missed 27 yarder may have been a result of the holder 'moving the target' when the ball was snapped. The 45 yarder hit the upright, very high, so he has great leg. Key distance now is between his ears. So, I expect LU to reach NYC in pretty good shape with a PL title on the line. We'll know more about the puddy--tats after they travel to Williamsburg.

carney2
September 11th, 2014, 10:52 PM

Fine, but one solid hit and you're looking at McHale.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 11th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Fine, but one solid hit and you're looking at McHale.

That could be said for anyone. I think you'll see Shafnisky's carries diminish after this week. I expect Lehigh to come out and try to control the clock in an effort to limit UNH's touches...

I wouldn't be surprised if Timochenko eventually takes over the running QB duties, ala Colvin.....

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Lots of Lehigh content coming out.

Main #Rivalry150 page from Lehigh:

http://lehighsports.com/index.aspx?path=ll150

Uni's through the years:

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/2014/6/25/LL150_0625143915.aspx

A list of all my "LFN Look Backs":

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/2014/6/18/LL150_0618140757.aspx

These LFN Look Backs have been a lot of fun to do.

PAllen
September 17th, 2014, 04:49 PM

Uni's through the years:

Apparently nobody told them that a picture is worth a thousand words. Instead, we get a thousand words with a thumbnail of a team photo. xsmhx

ngineer
September 18th, 2014, 07:33 PM

Main #Rivalry150 page from Lehigh:

http://lehighsports.com/index.aspx?path=ll150

Uni's through the years:

A list of all my "LFN Look Backs":

http://www.lehighsports.com/news/2014/6/18/LL150_0618140757.aspx

These LFN Look Backs have been a lot of fun to do.

Love the lookbacks at the unis!