PDA

View Full Version : Incarnate Word?

SingForever
September 8th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Talk about scheduling a patsy. I hope no one gets hurt playing them for nothing.

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Talk to the Southland Conference they are a member. I guess we will see how they show this week. Everyone has to start somewhere but the name itself doesn't fill you with fear xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Talk about scheduling a patsy. I hope no one gets hurt playing them for nothing.

DI Counter. About the same as a Patriot League team.

BEAR
September 8th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Are they a DI counter? or DI transition?

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2014, 04:12 PM

Young program just a few years old ... first full season in transition from D-II ... well funded with backing from Saints owner Tom Benson ... young football team still finding their way ... very well-coached but talent still lacking ... Ricky Williams is their RB coach.

deez_na
September 8th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Florida State scheduled citadel. Incarnate is a D1 school aren't they?

BISON Thunder
September 8th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Didn't Montana schedule an up and coming D-II team back in 2003 or 2004?

FargoBison
September 8th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Are they a DI counter? or DI transition?

They are a DI counter in transition.

BluBengal07
September 8th, 2014, 07:45 PM
just seeing how well UTSA is growing and establishing their football program around the same time and city as UIW (San Antonio, TX), they might do alright, as a private school.

Bisonator
September 8th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Well Incarnate Word has bigger balls then some FCS teams who like to buy out of these games.....I won't mention any names......FTC!:D

Drblankstare
September 8th, 2014, 09:22 PM
Gotta fill the schedule don't you. Tough to find home games for some reason

dewey
September 8th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Well Incarnate Word has bigger balls then some FCS teams who like to buy out of these games.....I won't mention any names......FTC!:D

Agreed. Have to give them credit for taking on the challenge of coming to the Fargodome.

Dewey

crusader11
September 8th, 2014, 09:30 PM

Ugh.

dungeonjoe
September 8th, 2014, 09:39 PM
They will need the full power of the Incarnate Word to win in Fargo. I sure hope the Bison will be up to that challenge.

Hammerhead
September 8th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Montana and Montana State have a D-II opponent this year. Next year's cupcake for the Bison will be the Whioux.

NDSUSR
September 8th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Weber, they gave us fits. STFU to all the know it alls. This is how progress happens.

Go...gate
September 9th, 2014, 12:52 AM

Ouch.

Twentysix
September 9th, 2014, 01:21 AM
Ouch.

South Dakot...? ;)

http://bennyhillifier.com/?id=spYflXktNY4

I keed I keed... kind of

Go Green
September 9th, 2014, 09:52 AM
the name itself doesn't fill you with fear xlolx

And Notre Dame does?

:)

BEAR
September 9th, 2014, 10:17 AM
They are a DI counter in transition.

I was wondering that. Our conference has:

Incarnate Word
Abilene Christian
Houston Baptist

I wonder if they are ALL DI counters.

Edit: Looks like they all are division I counters according to the timelines posted on their websites.

Sammy94
September 9th, 2014, 10:45 AM

They are all counters.

BEAR
September 9th, 2014, 10:54 AM
They are all counters.

Ya think? xcoffeex

McNeese72
September 9th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Rumor has it that Houston Baptist decided that they weren't ready to play McNeese, yet. See, open date on McNeese's schedule the first playing date of this season.

Doc

BEAR
September 9th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Why is it more of us are talking about IWU than their fans? Do they have fans? Guess I'd better look up game attendance..

Catatonic
September 9th, 2014, 11:39 AM
I was wondering that. Our conference has:

Incarnate Word
Abilene Christian
Houston Baptist

Edit: Looks like they all are division I counters according to the timelines posted on their websites.

Don't know about HBU. They are a D1 start up. Rules might or might not be different. Never know with the NCAA. But UIW and ACU are both counters as second year move ups. Neither of us qualifies for the play offs or conference championship until 2017. That has not helped recruiting.

Catatonic
September 9th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Why is it more of us are talking about IWU than their fans? Do they have fans? Guess I'd better look up game attendance..

I think UIW (University of Incarnate Word) has one fan on here, a fb mom. No fan site. Don't know about attendance at home games. They are making progress but took a giant step backward when they lost their startin QB (a sophomore who took his lumps last year as a true frosh but was expected to come into his own this year).

pokefan02
September 9th, 2014, 11:48 AM
HBU has been in the conference for a year now being they are already D1 and eligible for the post season

Sent from my HTC M8

Texas
September 9th, 2014, 12:31 PM
HBU has been in the conference for a year now being they are already D1 and eligible for the post season

Sent from my HTC M8

And lost to a D3 school...
I hate how one sided SLC is.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

BEAR
September 9th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Anyone willing to attempt to rank the SLC teams according to conference only?

SELA
McNeese
UCA/Sam
SFA
NWST/ACU/Lamar
Nicholls/IWU/HBU

Sound about right?

Catatonic
September 9th, 2014, 02:05 PM
SELA
McNeese

CAU/Sam

SFA/NWST/ACU/Lamar

Nicholls/IWU

HBU

Just my thought. Pretty early to tell too much.

Nickels
September 9th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Anyone willing to attempt to rank the SLC teams according to conference only?

SELA
McNeese
UCA/Sam
SFA
NWST/ACU/Lamar
Nicholls/IWU/HBU

Sound about right?
I have it
SELA/McNeese
UCA
Sam/SFA
NW/Lamar
ACU/IWU/Nicholls
HBU

Catatonic
September 9th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Massey has it

78 McNeese State
95 SE Louisiana

139 Central Arkansas
155 Sam Houston State

187 Stephen F. Austin
191 Abilene Christian
201 Northwestern State
209 Lamar

221 Nicholls State
224 Houston Baptist
241 Incarnate Word

LUSportsFan
September 9th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Here's Massey's FCS only:

Southeastern LA 6
McNeese 13
Sam Houston 21
Central Arkansas 26

Northwestern LA 66
Stephen F Austin 69
Lamar 75
Abilene Christian 77

Nicholls St 109
Incarnate Word 113
Houston Baptist 121

Sent from my Android device using Tapatalk2

TheRevSFA
September 9th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Funny how y'all complain about UND being an OOC cupcake and waste of a game, yet you're playing incarnate word...

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Funny how y'all complain about UND being an OOC cupcake and waste of a game, yet you're playing incarnate word...
They are both a waste!

Catatonic
September 9th, 2014, 07:42 PM
They are both a waste!

Incarnate Word has the financial backing to enable them to develop a solid FCS program. BUT they aren't there yet and certainly not ready for NDSU.

Bisonator
September 9th, 2014, 07:53 PM

Well they come with no extra baggage and no obligation for future games.

TheRevSFA
September 9th, 2014, 09:06 PM
I wish SFA and NDSU could set something up, even if it's one game in Fargo. I would love to go

Thundar
September 9th, 2014, 09:51 PM
I wish SFA and NDSU could set something up, even if it's one game in Fargo. I would love to go

We played each other 8 or so yrs ago I believe

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2014, 10:53 PM
We played each other 8 or so yrs ago I believe

BisonFan02
September 10th, 2014, 12:30 AM
https://www.stubhub.com/ep/index.html?s_tnt=59725:5:0&ref=mweb&view=map&event_id=9033640

Whatever they are, $116 gets your foot in the door with a standing room ticket.

dewey
September 10th, 2014, 10:49 AM
Here is a Fargo Forum article about the University of Incarnate Word.

http://www.inforum.com/content/gameday-brings-exposure-developing-incarnate-word-program?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

FARGO – It’s not often North Dakota State faces a football team that has been a Division I program for fewer years than NDSU has. But that’s what the Bison will get when the University of the Incarnate Word comes to the Fargodome on Saturday. The Cardinals still have that new-car smell. “It’s UIW. Who the heck are they?” Incarnate Word head coach Larry Kennan said. “Now more people know who we are.”More people know this year because Incarnate Word joined the entrenched Southland Conference in football – the same league that includes familiar Bison foes Sam Houston State and Stephen F. Austin. The school is just over two years into a four-year plan to upgrade its scholarships and staffing to the maximum Division I FCS standards.
“Anytime you’re in that mode, it’s a little bit difficult,” Kennan said.
Kennan is a former NFL offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach who has a Super Bowl ring from the Los Angeles Raiders in 1984. He brought on former Heisman Trophy winner Ricky Williams as a full-time coach in 2013. He’s working part-time this season.
This week, the Cardinals are getting some bonus exposure with ESPN’s “College GameDay” coming to Fargo. The timing couldn’t have worked out better for a fledgling program looking to get its name out there.
“A lot of good things have happened to us the last 2½ years,” Kennan said. “A lot of good things continue to happen. We just need more time to get all the pieces in place and the players in place. In a year or two, we’re going to be a force to be reckoned with.”
Kennan shunned the temptation for the quick fix with transfers, saying he’s taken just four junior college players in each of the last two years.
“We’re going to build this thing up over a period of time,” he said. “We’ve decided not to get into the 15 transfers every year thing. And we’ve had two back-to-back recruiting classes that are outstanding.”
Youth is an understatement. The Cardinals start four seniors on offense including right guard Jason Everding from Bismarck – a 2004 Century graduate who came back to play football after serving four years in the Marines. The defense has one starting senior.
It showed in the first two games. The Cardinals opened with a 49-13 loss to Sacramento State at home and dropped a 38-3 decision at Stephen F. Austin last week.
The Fargo trip will be the first-ever charter flight for UIW, which is bringing administrators and key boosters along. That is part of the reason the Cardinals scheduled NDSU, said Kennan, who was hired in 2011.
“I want our administration to watch this game and see how it’s supposed to be,” he said. “If you want to get to this level, you’ve got to know what it looks like. I’m not going to get too uptight about it. We’re going to play to the best of our ability and if it’s close late, maybe we have a chance to win it. This is an outstanding team we’re getting ready to play.”

Dewey

BEAR
September 10th, 2014, 10:57 AM
"In a year or two, we’re going to be a force to be reckoned with.”

"and if it’s close late, maybe we have a chance to win it."

My two favorite quotes. xthumbsupxxlolx

BisonBacker
September 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
That new car smell? Uh ok if that's what you want to call it but looking at those first two weeks scores and what I think this weeks score is going to be I wouldn't refer to it as "That new car smell" but rather something I'd expect to smell if I was visiting Grand Forks or any sewage facility xnodx

deez_na
September 10th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Bison fans, any chance any of you know of 2 tickets i could buy for saturday?

Bogus Megapardus
September 10th, 2014, 08:28 PM

We don't call ourselves the Patsy League for nuthin', you know . . .

FargoBison
September 10th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Solid interview with Incarnate Word's coach from a local radio station....

http://www.740thefan.com/upload/9-10-14larrykennan.MP3

Twentysix
September 10th, 2014, 11:54 PM

I do believe that was my first ever inperson bison game

NDSUSR
September 11th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Bison fans, any chance any of you know of 2 tickets i could buy for saturday?

0 tickets available
stubhub

try posting on http://www.bisonville.com/forum/forum.php

I watched the last 4 go at $297 per ticket.

LH Cardinal Mom
September 11th, 2014, 03:20 AM
I'm here. xwavex I'm guessing NDSU couldn't find another FBS school to play this week. ;)

We were holding our own against Sac State until the QB broke his ankle in the 1st quarter. I guess the nicest thing I can say about the backup is that we were 2-9 in 2012 when he was the starter most of the season compared to 6-5 last year when he played minimally. UGH - yes that is the nicest thing I could say.

My son was one of the Forever First recruits & his eligibility was up last season. He will be in the press box Saturday as a GA so if you see someone up there that looks like a small truck, wave at him. ;)

We probably won't do a lot to get you prepared for the rest of the year but we aren't scared to schedule up...WAY up.

dewey
September 11th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Good to see a UIW fan on here, welcome! Is there anything else you can tell us about UIW?

Thanks.

Dewey

deez_na
September 11th, 2014, 08:50 AM
0 tickets available
stubhub

try posting on http://www.bisonville.com/forum/forum.php

I watched the last 4 go at $297 per ticket.

Yeah i've seen that. I think it's insane to pay 300 for a college game ticket especially against a cupcake.

LH Cardinal Mom
September 11th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Good to see a UIW fan on here, welcome! Is there anything else you can tell us about UIW?

Thanks.

Dewey
Well, in case you were unaware, Ricky Williams is the RB coach & does a good job with them. :D Junior Sessions will likely get the most carries unless the QB is running for his life. On defense, Brandon Tanksley, Nick Ginn & Padyn Giebler are ones to watch for. Our kicker has a pretty good leg - 45+ is a good range for him.

Our defense, over the years, has been stronger than offense, though a lot of the scores don't show it. They do get 'blamed' for a lot of the losses. I know I'm just a Mom but the last time I checked, there are two sides of the ball for a reason.

It will be good exposure for the team.

centennial
September 11th, 2014, 08:27 PM
Well, in case you were unaware, Ricky Williams is the RB coach & does a good job with them. :D Junior Sessions will likely get the most carries unless the QB is running for his life. On defense, Brandon Tanksley, Nick Ginn & Padyn Giebler are ones to watch for. Our kicker has a pretty good leg - 45+ is a good range for him.

Our defense, over the years, has been stronger than offense, though a lot of the scores don't show it. They do get 'blamed' for a lot of the losses. I know I'm just a Mom but the last time I checked, there are two sides of the ball for a reason.

Happy to hear from UIW fan. Good luck to your son and team.

TheRevSFA
September 12th, 2014, 06:42 AM

It was 06. I remember my friend's annoying ex girlfriend had parents who were NDSU alumni. I think 07 we went up there

CommishBigSmooth
September 12th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Much respect to IW for coming to Fargo and taking on a challenge like this. From what I have heard from Coach Kennan and read in the media, he seems like the perfect guy to build this program. Old school coach and class act from what I gather. I'm sure we'll see that over the next few days as well. Yes, they will likely get thundered under this weekend, but all props for not being afraid to step out and take on a big challenge.

dewey
September 12th, 2014, 08:03 AM

Thank you for the information. No matter what happens at least UIW had the testicular fortitude to come up to Fargo. Plus they get mentioned on College Gameday and probably get to go and meet the crew and see the set. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.

Dewey

underdawg
September 12th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the information. No matter what happens at least UIW had the testicular fortitude to come up to Fargo. Plus they get mentioned on College Gameday and probably get to go and meet the crew and see the set. Good luck to your team the rest of the season.

Dewey

You got me interested in this game even though I'm Saluki fan: Top back is Joseph Sadler of the little town of Devine Texas (4,350 pop.) he was a small school All-stater who ran for 3887 yards in 2011 (he's a Soph now at UIW) and 58 TD's--averaged 10.1 ypc and 277 yard per game! Also had 102 career TD's and a mind boggling 7038 career rushing yards--but you need great blocking at the D-1 level, so there you go. Was he hurt first game?

underdawg
September 12th, 2014, 09:35 AM
www.hudl.com/athlete/782985/highlights/8636590

Got incredible footwork and runs 4.5 sec forty--probably too small for the big guys and like i say you still have to have blocking no matter how good you are.
(http://www.hudl.com/athlete/782985/highlights/8636590)

LH Cardinal Mom
September 12th, 2014, 07:10 PM
You got me interested in this game even though I'm Saluki fan: Top back is Joseph Sadler of the little town of Devine Texas (4,350 pop.) he was a small school All-stater who ran for 3887 yards in 2011 (he's a Soph now at UIW) and 58 TD's--averaged 10.1 ypc and 277 yard per game! Also had 102 career TD's and a mind boggling 7038 career rushing yards--but you need great blocking at the D-1 level, so there you go. Was he hurt first game?
He has potential. No he wasn't hurt the first game. He sat out last year so I'm guessing coaches waited until late to put him in.

If you have 55-60 offensive plays & get the ball 50-55 times, it helps. I saw him play in HS and he was pretty good, but with the touches he should get the yards.