PDA

View Full Version : A10 & the GFC

PurpleandGold
November 2nd, 2006, 11:31 AM
It seems to me, with admitedly limited experience in I-AA, that there's a serious possibility of the A10 and GFC fielding half of the playoff bracket. Currently, I have UMass, JMU, UR, and UNH from the A10 and WKU, YSU, SIU, and ILSU from the GFC in my predictions. It seems that the at-large field is that weak this year. (and those conferences are that strong) Thoughts?

OL FU
November 2nd, 2006, 11:33 AM
It seems to me, with admitedly limited experience in I-AA, that there's a serious possibility of the A10 and GFC fielding half of the playoff bracket. Currently, I have UMass, JMU, UR, and UNH from the A10 and WKU, YSU, SIU, and ILSU from the GFC in my predictions. It seems that the at-large field is that weak this year. (and those conferences are that strong) Thoughts?'

Those conferences are strong but they will not have half the field. I think 3 from each is a real possibility.

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2006, 11:35 AM
'

Those conferences are strong but they will not have half the field. I think 3 from each is a real possibility.

Which A10 team do you think gets turned away? Assuming UMass and JMU get in, you'd have an 8-3 Richmond team with a DI-A win and an 8-3 UNH team with a DI-A win. Which one doesn't make it?

OL FU
November 2nd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Which A10 team do you think gets turned away? Assuming UMass and JMU get in, you'd have an 8-3 Richmond team with a DI-A win and an 8-3 UNH team with a DI-A win. Which one doesn't make it?

If Richmond and UNH are 8-3, four get in.:o

I have post before I think disease

OL FU
November 2nd, 2006, 11:51 AM
If Richmond and UNH are 8-3, four get in.:o

I have post before I think disease

I realized what I had in mind. Richmond ends up 7-4. But that probably means Towson is 9-2 or 8-3:eek:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 2nd, 2006, 12:01 PM
I think Towson has a better chance of being 8-3 than does Richmond. They still have one loss to play with... it will still be a challenge to beat 2 out of the three remaining teams when JMU and Richmond are still left up ahead.

I'm more interested in seeing how many teams from the A10 get seeded, if UMass and JMU win out, they would both be deserving of seeds being ranked in the top 4.

OL FU
November 2nd, 2006, 12:14 PM
I think Towson has a better chance of being 8-3 than does Richmond. They still have one loss to play with... it will still be a challenge to beat 2 out of the three remaining teams when JMU and Richmond are still left up ahead.

I'm more interested in seeing how many teams from the A10 get seeded, if UMass and JMU win out, they would both be deserving of seeds being ranked in the top 4.

you don't need a seed.
You do just fine on the road:rolleyes: :)

th0m
November 2nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
This is true.

RabidRabbit
November 2nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
A-10, Gateway, and Great West are the strong conferences this year. Actually, OVC is having a strong year, and could have two undefeated teams.

Big Sky, SLC, MEAC, Patriot are likely to ONLY have the AUTO-BID in.

Great West's only eligible likely team, if lose to Montana and NDSU, doesn't have the 7 wins vs D-I's, so doesn't get in.

With all the IA games this year, many teams did themselves in (most of the Southland, Portland St) . SoCon, Furman still likely, but it, like Poly need to win out.

Therefore, VERY reasonable to think 4 A-10 & Gateway this year. If SDSU & NDSU were eligible, I could see the GWFC sending 3 teams into play-offs this year (but SDSU would have to be the undefeated GWFC champ). Assuming Poly beats Montana.

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2006, 02:40 PM
Towson still has JMU and Richmond left. Richmond basically has Towson left. I see Towson and Richmond playing essentially a play-in game for the final, and 4th spot out of the A10. That's assuming of course that UNH loses no more than one more game (at UMass) the rest of the way.

As an interesting aside, it would be interesting to see if JMU and UMass get seeds this year, assuming they win out. UMass would be 10-1 with a loss only to Navy and JMU would be 10-1 with a loss only to Appy St. But since it is the A10, and since you don't play everybody in the conference, JMU and UMass did not meet this year and therefore one of them didn't lose. You can see Appy St and Montana getting seeds assuming if they win out, and easily one of the A10 teams if they win out, but would you bypass the other A10 team with a seed in favor of a 9-2 Gateway team, assuming there is one? Youngstown St has a loss to Penn St in their two losses, S. Illinois has a win over a Big Ten team, and Illinois St has a close loss to Kansas St in their two losses. And, of course, they played everyone in their conference. Interesting to see what people think about that.

mcveyrl
November 2nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
Towson still has JMU and Richmond left. Richmond basically has Towson left. I see Towson and Richmond playing essentially a play-in game for the final, and 4th spot out of the A10. That's assuming of course that UNH loses no more than one more game (at UMass) the rest of the way.

As an interesting aside, it would be interesting to see if JMU and UMass get seeds this year, assuming they win out. UMass would be 10-1 with a loss only to Navy and JMU would be 10-1 with a loss only to Appy St. But since it is the A10, and since you don't play everybody in the conference, JMU and UMass did not meet this year and therefore one of them didn't lose. You can see Appy St and Montana getting seeds assuming if they win out, and easily one of the A10 teams if they win out, but would you bypass the other A10 team with a seed in favor of a 9-2 Gateway team, assuming there is one? Youngstown St has a loss to Penn St in their two losses, S. Illinois has a win over a Big Ten team, and Illinois St has a close loss to Kansas St in their two losses. And, of course, they played everyone in their conference. Interesting to see what people think about that.

As much as I'd like to see JMU get a seed, I think a 9-2 Gateway team might get the seed. While most are predicting YSU to get that seed, I think that a strong case can be made for SIU since their Big Ten win is looking mighty impressive.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 2nd, 2006, 02:54 PM
As much as I'd like to see JMU get a seed, I think a 9-2 Gateway team might get the seed. While most are predicting YSU to get that seed, I think that a strong case can be made for SIU since their Big Ten win is looking mighty impressive.

I see the case, but I still hope that the commitee will stick to the GPI rankings.

And thanks for the compliment Furman!! :nod:

BillLuc1982
November 2nd, 2006, 03:04 PM

My solution: Screw San Diego instead of Richmond or UNH. At least Richmond and UNH play real teams. I hope the situation doesn't happen so USD gets in and gets embarrassed by "real I-AA teams".

GannonFan
November 2nd, 2006, 03:16 PM
My solution: Screw San Diego instead of Richmond or UNH. At least Richmond and UNH play real teams. I hope the situation doesn't happen so USD gets in and gets embarrassed by "real I-AA teams".

Rest assured, I think there is absolutely zero chance of San Diego getting in before an 8-3 Richmond or an 8-3 UNH. Don't lose any sleep on that account.

BillLuc1982
November 2nd, 2006, 03:18 PM
A win over Northwestern (or even DUKE) is better than a win against La Jolla Middle School

th0m
November 2nd, 2006, 03:33 PM

I've been looking at the games. The only way the Gateway sends 4 at 8-3 or better, AND have a 9-2 team as a seed candidate, is if Illinois State wins out.

If SIU were to go 9-2:

@ YSU W
vs. UNI W
vs. SUU W

Now UNI has 4 losses, they're out. YSU has 3 losses, so they HAVE to beat WKU, who in turn will have 4 losses, so they're out. Assuming ILSU takes care of business, this gives you SIU at 9-2, YSU at 8-3, and ILSU possibly at 9-2.

If YSU were to go 9-2:

vs. SIU W
@ WKU W

Now WKU has 4 losses, so they're out. SIU now has 3 losses, so they have to win out, beating UNI, who are then out. Again, ILSU can fly under the radar of the rest of the teams, 'only' beating UNI, and barring any upsets, also going 9-2.

Now the dream scenario:

ILSU wins out, going 9-2:

vs. MSU W
@ ISU W
@ UNI W

Now UNI is out, with 4 losses. WKU still has to win out to get to 8 wins, forcing YSU to win vs. SIU to get 8 wins. SIU beats UNI and SUU to also get 8 wins.

All of this is obviously if Austin Peay, SUU, MSU and ISU cooperate, and don't play spoiler ;)

TSU84returntoglory
November 2nd, 2006, 03:58 PM
I realized what I had in mind. Richmond ends up 7-4. But that probably means Towson is 9-2 or 8-3:eek:

First, we need to finally get a league home win this weekend vs W&M, who incidentally have :asswhip: the past 2 years. Then, we take a 4-0 road record to Richmond. If the dream is still alive, we beat JMU at the U to finish at 9-2. Which still may not be good enough to get in. :(

mcveyrl
November 2nd, 2006, 04:03 PM
First, we need to finally get a league home win this weekend vs W&M, who incidentally have :asswhip: the past 2 years. Then, we take a 4-0 road record to Richmond. If the dream is still alive, we beat JMU at the U to finish at 9-2. Which still may not be good enough to get in. :(

I think 9-2 with wins over Richmond and JMU gets you in. Particularly if we're 9-1 when you do it.

Also, you really wanna call the home stadium "the U"?? That hasn't been a great nickname of late (speaking of :asswhip:).

th0m
November 2nd, 2006, 04:12 PM
At 9-2, you are DEFINITELY in. You'd be 6-2 in A-10 play! Losses to ranked UMass and Maine teams, and wins over ranked Delaware, Richmond and JMU teams.

TigerFan17
November 2nd, 2006, 05:12 PM
I think 9-2 with wins over Richmond and JMU gets you in. Particularly if we're 9-1 when you do it.

Also, you really wanna call the home stadium "the U"?? That hasn't been a great nickname of late (speaking of :asswhip:).

Since its creation, Unitas stadium has been referred as the U. Unlike Miami, we actually have grounds to call our stadium the U because its Unitas Stadium, and thus the U, whereas Miami seems to think that they are THE university, though they show the class of jailhouse team.

birdsflyhigh
November 2nd, 2006, 06:10 PM
ThOm, very good analysis of all the Gateway possibilities. Will scenario #3play out and 4 GFC teams be in the playoffs? The Gateway has been absoulutely crazy this season, so anything can (and probably will) happen.

IMO, if IL St wins out and goes 9-2, then the Redbirds are looking good at a top 4 seed because they are Gateway champs. But who knows...it could be YSU going 9-2 or even SIU going 9-2. Gotta love the GFC!! :thumbsup:

shakdaddy3
November 2nd, 2006, 06:16 PM
ThOm, very good analysis of all the Gateway possibilities. Will scenario #3play out and 4 GFC teams be in the playoffs? The Gateway has been absoulutely crazy this season, so anything can (and probably will) happen.

IMO, if IL St wins out and goes 9-2, then the Redbirds are looking good at a top 4 seed because they are Gateway champs. But who knows...it could be YSU going 9-2 or even SIU going 9-2. Gotta love the GFC!! :thumbsup:

not neccessarily true b/c if YSU wins out they would get a seed over us for 2 reasons: 1) they beats us 2)ice castle

th0m
November 2nd, 2006, 06:22 PM
Yes, but YSU also has a DII win. I'm guessing this doesn't affect conference standings in a tie (or does it?), but it will definitely be a factor for the committee.

th0m
November 2nd, 2006, 06:25 PM

The Gateway is crazy alright! I love it! Pretty much every Gateway game is important for the sake of the entire conference. You can also bet your ass that if WKU or UNI drop one, and are pretty much out of playoff contention, they will do everything in their power to knock another team off!

JMU-MRD-DAD
November 2nd, 2006, 07:09 PM
It seems to me, with admitedly limited experience in I-AA, that there's a serious possibility of the A10 and GFC fielding half of the playoff bracket. Currently, I have UMass, JMU, UR, and UNH from the A10 and WKU, YSU, SIU, and ILSU from the GFC in my predictions. It seems that the at-large field is that weak this year. (and those conferences are that strong) Thoughts?
I'm certainly not impress with the Richmond squad. Towson will beat them and eliminate the Spiders from playoff contention.

Go Dukes.

penguinonastick
November 2nd, 2006, 09:45 PM
WOW - That would be awesome - a Gateway - A-10 Showdown in the playoffs. I do beleive they are the two best conferences in 1-AA - sorry SoCon no disrespect. The GFC is crazy this year. A lot of talent, a lot of good football and great individual talent. Game after game defenses have to stop great backs - Rembert, Whitlock, Mason ... QB's like LeFalce, Sanders, Haddix, Drone, Zetts... it is fun to watch week in and week out - I would imagine just like the A-10 talent. These next three weeks are going to be exciting. BTW - I'm watching the WVU-Louisville game - do these teams play defense???? They would get killed by OSU or Michigan!!

GO GUINS:beerchug:
GO BUCKS:beerchug:
MUCK FICHIGAN :asswhip:

Tod
November 2nd, 2006, 11:18 PM
A-10, Gateway, and Great West are the strong conferences this year. Actually, OVC is having a strong year, and could have two undefeated teams.

Big Sky, SLC, MEAC, Patriot are likely to ONLY have the AUTO-BID in.

Great West's only eligible likely team, if lose to Montana and NDSU, doesn't have the 7 wins vs D-I's, so doesn't get in.

With all the IA games this year, many teams did themselves in (most of the Southland, Portland St) . SoCon, Furman still likely, but it, like Poly need to win out.

Therefore, VERY reasonable to think 4 A-10 & Gateway this year. If SDSU & NDSU were eligible, I could see the GWFC sending 3 teams into play-offs this year (but SDSU would have to be the undefeated GWFC champ). Assuming Poly beats Montana.

Don't forget NAU. Two I-A losses. If they (and PSU, too) had scheduled a couple of I-AA and maybe even one plus a D-II, both could be sitting at two losses. Hell, maybe even one win there could end up being the difference.

FlyYtown
November 3rd, 2006, 05:48 AM
Go Gateway... Once again.. YSU is #1 in the Central Region in I-AA. If YSU wins vs. WKU and SIU... We are likely going to get the 4th seed in I-AA.

Remember: ONLY 1 SEED PER CONFERENCE.... So either UMASS or JMU for the A-10.

I only think the GFC will get 3 teams.... Since I see WKU beating UNI and YSU beating WKU......

GO GUINS

th0m
November 3rd, 2006, 06:13 AM

Did they change this then, recently?

I'm asking because in 2004 Georgia Southern got the #4 seed, and Furman the #2 seed.

Same in 2001. GSU with the #2 seed, Furman #3 seed.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
Go Gateway... Once again.. YSU is #1 in the Central Region in I-AA. If YSU wins vs. WKU and SIU... We are likely going to get the 4th seed in I-AA.

I only think the GFC will get 3 teams.... Since I see WKU beating UNI and YSU beating WKU......

GO GUINS

I've been looking into this and I haven't seen where it's against the rules.

And its also ok according to Matt Dougherty... :nono:

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/extrapoint.htm

"4. James Madison (7-1, 5-0 A-10)

The Games: Delaware (11/4), at Villanova (11/11), at Towson (11/18)

Outlook: The Dukes should be in the playoffs with one more win, and still have a good shot at a seed. They could get a second seed out of the Atlantic 10 behind Massachusetts, and could still surpass the Minutemen for the top A-10 spot by posting a better mark against a softer November schedule."

Two teams from one conference can get seeded. I personally think it should happen if both UMass and JMU win out since they'd both be 10-1 with losses only to quality teams (App St. and Navy)

BillLuc1982
November 3rd, 2006, 08:33 AM
MUCK FICHIGAN :asswhip:

Just give Michigan to Canada! That's my solution! :thumbsup:

GannonFan
November 3rd, 2006, 09:09 AM

No such rule. Absolutely incorrect.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
November 3rd, 2006, 12:56 PM
No such rule. Absolutely incorrect.

:thumbsup:

BillLuc1982
November 3rd, 2006, 12:58 PM
JMU and UMass would be two good seeds. Add Montana and the Gateway Champion and we have playoffs!

umassfan
November 3rd, 2006, 01:04 PM
JMU and UMass would be two good seeds. Add Montana and the Gateway Champion and we have playoffs!
If UMass, JMU, Montana, and App St win out then the Gateway champ will not get a seed.

umassfan
November 3rd, 2006, 01:09 PM

GO GUINS
Why do you keep ignoring everyone that is telling you about the seeds. There is not a rule stating only one seed per conference. If you so much as to believe that, then show us some proof. Just in 2004 Furman was the number 2 seed and GSU was the number 4 seed.

I showed you my proof so wheres yours?

BillLuc1982
November 3rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
If UMass, JMU, Montana, and App St win out then the Gateway champ will not get a seed.

Oh yeah forgot about Appalachian State. As long as San Diego doesn't get a seed, I'm happy. I would like to see them play Montana or Appalachian State (and lose of course).

th0m
November 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
Please don't let San Diego infect this thread too ;)

Khan4Cats
November 3rd, 2006, 03:04 PM
I just think that UMass or JMU may trip up once in their closing slates. If YSU or IlSU run the table, they will get a seed. I would guess Appy St. and Montana likely to be the top two, with the A-10 and Gateway reps as the next two seeds.
I don't see the Gateway getting 4 teams, I think that would mean a 7-4 4th team and I just can't see the committee doing that.

A-10 will be UMass, JMU, UNH and the winner or Towson-Richmond (I don't see Maine running the table.)
Gateway is still too tough to call for which three of the five, should clear a little tomorrow. Or Not.

bandl
November 3rd, 2006, 03:11 PM
I just think that UMass or JMU may trip up once in their closing slates. If YSU or IlSU run the table, they will get a seed. I would guess Appy St. and Montana likely to be the top two, with the A-10 and Gateway reps as the next two seeds.
I don't see the Gateway getting 4 teams, I think that would mean a 7-4 4th team and I just can't see the committee doing that.

A-10 will be UMass, JMU, UNH and the winner or Towson-Richmond (I don't see Maine running the table.)
Gateway is still too tough to call for which three of the five, should clear a little tomorrow. Or Not.

The way that UMass and JMU are playing right now (nor'easter aside last week for UMass), I don't see either of them losing. I don't really see either of them meeting much of a challenge after the 2nd or 3rd quarter in any game. UMass will put UNH out of their misery pretty quick, just like JMU did.

Khan4Cats
November 3rd, 2006, 03:23 PM
That may be, but I think if YSU can go 9-2 they will get a seed based on last year's woof and their ability to get the NCAA money. Still think someone will trip up.

th0m
November 3rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah a YSU Gateway champ (or ILSU/SIU at 9-2) will definitely receive a seed over a 9-2 A-10 At large team, I think we all agree on that.

umassfan
November 3rd, 2006, 03:59 PM
That may be, but I think if YSU can go 9-2 they will get a seed based on last year's woof and their ability to get the NCAA money. Still think someone will trip up.
What happened last year has nothing to do with this season.

rcny46
November 3rd, 2006, 06:20 PM
The way that UMass and JMU are playing right now (nor'easter aside last week for UMass), I don't see either of them losing. I don't really see either of them meeting much of a challenge after the 2nd or 3rd quarter in any game. UMass will put UNH out of their misery pretty quick, just like JMU did.

I'm afraid I have to agree with you regarding the UMass-UNH game.My feeling is that if Umass wins,they will do so going away.It's always possible that UNH could play with a high degree of inspiration and emotion,and pull out a close one,but on paper they are not the better team.That fact should be evident on the scoreboard when the final whistle blows.Then again,some of my predictions haven't exactly panned out in the past,and I hope I'm full of crap on this one.

FlyYtown
November 3rd, 2006, 07:29 PM
GO YSU.

My apologies about this seed thing... I could've sworn I read it when I was reading about how the playoffs work over on i-aa.org

Still... I must repeat: What the media in Ytown said: If YSU wins out; they will remain #1 in the Central Region and LIKELY get the seed....

So take that as you wish..

umassfan
November 3rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
GO YSU.

My apologies about this seed thing... I could've sworn I read it when I was reading about how the playoffs work over on i-aa.org

Still... I must repeat: What the media in Ytown said: If YSU wins out; they will remain #1 in the Central Region and LIKELY get the seed....

So take that as you wish..
I just think its the media being the media... If both UMass and JMU win out... there is no way a 2 loss Gateway team will be seeded before either. Mark it down!

FlyYtown
November 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
I just think its the media being the media... If both UMass and JMU win out... there is no way a 2 loss Gateway team will be seeded before either. Mark it down!

Seriously:::: Who do you think you are to say something that ridiculous? We know you think the Gateway cannot compete with the A-10..but: If YSU wins the next 2... and WKU beats UNI this week.... then:

YSU:
5 TOP 25 WINS...in the very tough Gateway conference....
vs. UC-DAVIS - MAINE - ILSU - SOUTHERN ILLINOIS - W. KENT

You really think JMU will get the seed over YSU... the same JMU which struggled vs. Bloomsburg of D2 in week 1.....

We shall see; but I will LMAO if a 9-2 YSU team does not get the seed------- Remember: Money can get you far in life......

just ponder on that for a few minutes!!! LOL

Sam Adams
November 3rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
The A10 would kick the GFC's butt any day of the week !

FlyYtown
November 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
The A10 would kick the GFC's butt any day of the week !

LMAO...
Well YSU already kicked Maine's ass 34-14....Week 2.....
That is one day of the week the Gateway kicked the A-10's butt!

umassfan
November 3rd, 2006, 09:09 PM
Seriously:::: Who do you think you are to say something that ridiculous? We know you think the Gateway cannot compete with the A-10..but: If YSU wins the next 2... and WKU beats UNI this week.... then:

YSU:
5 TOP 25 WINS...in the very tough Gateway conference....
vs. UC-DAVIS - MAINE - ILSU - SOUTHERN ILLINOIS - W. KENT

You really think JMU will get the seed over YSU... the same JMU which struggled vs. Bloomsburg of D2 in week 1.....

We shall see; but I will LMAO if a 9-2 YSU team does not get the seed------- Remember: Money can get you far in life......

just ponder on that for a few minutes!!! LOL
Whos rated higher in the GPI with more teams?

umassfan
November 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
LMAO...
Well YSU already kicked Maine's ass 34-14....Week 2.....
That is one day of the week the Gateway kicked the A-10's butt!
Week 2 for you and week 1 for Maine... A LONG time ago

Toppermaniac
November 3rd, 2006, 09:55 PM
I've been looking at the games. The only way the Gateway sends 4 at 8-3 or better, AND have a 9-2 team as a seed candidate, is if Illinois State wins out.

If SIU were to go 9-2:

@ YSU W
vs. UNI W
vs. SUU W

Now UNI has 4 losses, they're out. YSU has 3 losses, so they HAVE to beat WKU, who in turn will have 4 losses, so they're out. Assuming ILSU takes care of business, this gives you SIU at 9-2, YSU at 8-3, and ILSU possibly at 9-2.

If YSU were to go 9-2:

vs. SIU W
@ WKU W

Now WKU has 4 losses, so they're out. SIU now has 3 losses, so they have to win out, beating UNI, who are then out. Again, ILSU can fly under the radar of the rest of the teams, 'only' beating UNI, and barring any upsets, also going 9-2.

Now the dream scenario:

ILSU wins out, going 9-2:

vs. MSU W
@ ISU W
@ UNI W

Now UNI is out, with 4 losses. WKU still has to win out to get to 8 wins, forcing YSU to win vs. SIU to get 8 wins. SIU beats UNI and SUU to also get 8 wins.

All of this is obviously if Austin Peay, SUU, MSU and ISU cooperate, and don't play spoiler ;)

Either WKU or UNI will be eliminated from playoff contention tomorrow. One team will finish tomorrow with 4 losses. One will still be alive along with YSU, SIU, and Ill. St.

Toppermaniac
November 3rd, 2006, 10:01 PM

GO GUINS

If we beat UNI on the road tomorrow, I think it's going to be very, very tough for YSU to beat us at home the following week with a playoff spot on the line. I'm not saying you won't beat us, but I'll be very surprised if you do. However, beating UNI on the road is going to be a huge task before next week's game really matters to us.

FlyYtown
November 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
If we beat UNI on the road tomorrow, I think it's going to be very, very tough for YSU to beat us at home the following week with a playoff spot on the line. I'm not saying you won't beat us, but I'll be very surprised if you do. However, beating UNI on the road is going to be a huge task before next week's game really matters to us.

Hey I agree.. We don't win in BG.... but at the same time.. we all heard the same about ILSU.. and its been evident this year, the road warriors have been doing impressive on the road.

GO GUINS!

shakdaddy3
November 4th, 2006, 09:46 AM
Whos rated higher in the GPI with more teams?
because polls really show who the best is and are never wrong... we should just use the GPI to select the national champ and not even have a playoff

OL FU
November 6th, 2006, 07:09 AM

Can I change my mind and go back to no more than 3 from the A-10:o :)

GannonFan
November 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Can I change my mind and go back to no more than 3 from the A-10:o :)

Feel free to - Richmond punched their ticket out of the playoffs with that loss to nova (man, how demoralizing was the loss to UD and then to JMU to go off and get dominated by stinkin nova - wow). Towson is on life support but I think will make it if they are 8-3. However, that involves a win on the road against Richmond and a home win against JMU - let's just say the folks from Baltimore should not really be making contingencies for travelling to a road game after Thanksgiving. UNH still has a pretty good shot, but they have to beat Maine in Maine - imagine Santos not even making the playoffs this year.

It wouldn't be shocking at this point to say 2 teams from the A10.

BillLuc1982
November 6th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Towson beating JMU = playoffs. However, that may involve a road trip (and probably a loss) to UMass.

GannonFan
November 6th, 2006, 08:58 AM
Towson beating JMU = playoffs. However, that may involve a road trip (and probably a loss) to UMass.

At least not in the first round - teams from the same conference can't play each other in the first round. :nod: