PDA

View Full Version : Where to find game attendance?

JSUBison
September 6th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I've checked ESPN, yahoo and NCAA, and game attendance seems to have disappeared from the box scores. Any idea why, and where can I find these numbers now?

JayJ79
September 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM
probably have to go to the school's football page and pull up the final stats. though some schools are quite slow at getting that stuff posted.

ngineer
September 6th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Maybe they'r not posting anymore because of all the empty seats. See the article in NYT and WSJ about that last week.

bonarae
September 6th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Maybe they'r not posting anymore because of all the empty seats. See the article in NYT and WSJ about that last week.

Please post the links. I may have difficulty in finding them. :)

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2014, 09:54 PM

Not a problem at some schools. Texas A&M reported over 35,000 students in the seats for its opener with Lamar. How many will show up for an SEC game?

JSUBison
September 6th, 2014, 10:31 PM
probably have to go to the school's football page and pull up the final stats. though some schools are quite slow at getting that stuff posted.

Yeah I could but I'm lazy so not happening. It was so much easier to just see the attendance listed in all the box scores. I always checked the attendance on games, FBS and FCS.

The thought that there is some other motive behind it has crossed my mind. I can't think of any reason why the media would not be reporting the attendance other than something like that. So now if I want to see the attendance of all the teams in a certain conference, I have to go to each school website and pull up the game stats. Do that 8-10 times per conference times however many conferences in FCS. I'm not going through all that work. Something is afoot!

whoanellie
September 6th, 2014, 10:59 PM
look for final official stats on a school site

Sader87
September 7th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Nobody goes to FCS games anymore.....myself included, unless it's Homecoming/big game......I really don't know how it can be changed....sad.

cougarpines
September 7th, 2014, 05:13 AM
NBC Sports has attendance #'s in the box score

MR. CHICKEN
September 7th, 2014, 07:28 AM
NBC Sports has attendance #'s in the box score

19625......YEAH....NBC SPORTS...INCLUDES ATTENDANCES.....JES' CHECKED JMU/LEHIGH......6519....WALLOWED.....IN MOUNTAIN HAWK PAIN.....BRAWK!

THANKY COUGAR...FO' DUH TURN ON......AWK!