PDA

View Full Version : McNeese at #19 Nebraska

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM
24-21 Nebraska about mid way through the 4th.

McNeese in field goal range. xlolx

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Damn I wish I could see this game!!!!

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Aha I found it!!!

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 02:06 PM
24-24

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Bad penalty took away go ahead td for McNeese but tie it up with FG. 24 - 24

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2014, 02:08 PM
What happened on that third and goal from the 2?

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 02:09 PM
What happened on that third and goal from the 2?

Tried running a draw play with the Huskers blitzing. Bad play call.

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Wowowow what a penalty

superman7515
September 6th, 2014, 02:13 PM
41-yard pass by Nebraska brought back, nice break for McNeese.

superman7515
September 6th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Fans whining for a call, there was some contact, but another break for McNeese.

bulldog10jw
Aha I found it!!!

Where?

superman7515
ESPNU

Texas
Where?

ESPNU

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Announcers keep saying McNeese has never beat a Power Conference team. Technically, last year, USF was a power conference team.

superman7515
September 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Damn, almost had the turnover.

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Ohhhhhhhh that would have been huge!

bulldog10jw
September 6th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Thanks

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 02:19 PM
McNeese wins this will pretty much close the Pelini era at NU.

superman7515
September 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
NOOOOO!!!!

Texas
Announcers keep saying McNeese has never beat a Power Conference team. Technically, last year, USF was a power conference team.

Not the P5

IBleedYellow
Wow... Do you guys know how to tackle?

bulldog10jw
Terrible

Bison56
That's why you wrap up. What a horrible way to give up that td. But still a good game by McNeese.

21 wraps up they have a chance. Just horrible.

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Awful tackling.

Thumper 76
Oh no

superman7515
The one McNeese player didn't even lay a hand him on, he just ran into him with his left shoulder and expected him to fall down for the hell of it.

superman7515
September 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Final score aside, McNeese played hard today.

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
The one McNeese player didn't even lay a hand him on, he just ran into him with his left shoulder and expected him to fall down for the hell of it.
Marcus Williams did the same thing last year multiple times... So annoying.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Disappointing. Wrap up people.

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Man if I was coach 21's ears would be bleeding. Just no excuse for that.

But hats off to McNeese they played a good game in a hostile environment.

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM
Ugh. Gotta feel for McNeese. So many blown opportunities by the Cowboys. Should have had this game.

dwtime
September 6th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Feel bad for number 10 on McNeese he looked like a deer in the headlights trying to make what should have been an easy tackle, the Nebraska player had no advantage and was pretty much dead to rights.

bulldog10jw
September 6th, 2014, 02:26 PM
That's why you wrap up. What a horrible way to give up that td. But still a good game by McNeese.

21 wraps up they have a chance. Just horrible.

If the first two who had a shot wrap up, it's not even a 1st down.

Too bad. An overall great effort.

mountaineer in Cane Land
September 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM
yep, McNeese was the better team, 5 guys hit the receiver, and couldn't wrap him up, tough loss

Panther88
September 6th, 2014, 03:07 PM
That was a heckuva' tough loss Mac'ers. So, so many opportunities to win it outright. W/ the go ahead TD, a miraculous false start? *smh* Then up to 5 guys not wrapping up to take down the RB out of the backfield? One thing's for certain, I knew Mac was loaded w/ great talent. I certainly look forward to witnessing it first hand in your season opener @ home.

McTailGator
September 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Damn we should have won this game.

Geaux Cowboys

looking forward to a great season

AmsterBison
September 6th, 2014, 03:38 PM
Hopefully the Cowboys build on this performance.

Ivytalk
September 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM
I listened to the final minutes on satellite radio. The Nebraska broadcasters admitted the Huskers were outplayed and got lucky at the end, both with the odd play call at the end of McNeese's last drive and the 58-yard catch and run by Abdullah.

344Johnson
September 6th, 2014, 04:05 PM
Felt sick for those players when he busted that play.

Panther88
September 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Tough loss but prominently propelled in the positive nat'l media spotlight. Super effort & positive momentum heading into D-1 FCS play.

Hood
September 6th, 2014, 11:08 PM
I have to tip my hat to McNeese today. They did the SLC proud. NSU, NWST, Lamar, and SHSU sure didn't do much in their money games :(

McNeese72
September 7th, 2014, 03:58 AM
Tough loss but prominently propelled in the positive nat'l media spotlight. Super effort & positive momentum heading into D-1 FCS play.

I hope we don't come out too flat next Saturday night.

Doc

Panther88
September 7th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I hope we don't come out too flat next Saturday night.

Doc
You have great understanding. Our team is not good, doc, by D-1 FCS standards but they are scrappy & relentlessly have no quit in them. Young & not athletically gifted will spell doom for us from the outset.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Panther's getting the hang of this sandbagging thing....

McNeese72
September 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM
Panther's getting the hang of this sandbagging thing....

Yes, I give him a B+ on that post. Very nicely done but slightly transparent. ;)

Doc

I got accused of sandbagging by a couple of Nebraska fans after the game. How can you sandbag against a team like Nebraska? ;)

Panther88
September 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM
No sandbagging here guys. I am a huge Nebraska fan since the TGill/Osbourne days of the 80s but was rooting hard for Mac to pull the win.

PVAMU is scrappy. That's the most positive thing I can say. Skill position guys are decent, for the most part but we are ridiculously young(true frosh & redshirt frosh on both O & D). The O playbook may help us. Our DL & LBer play is(was vs sTu) atrocious. A mobile qb or even a pure pocket passer w/ great oline will cause us major problems.

Panther88
September 7th, 2014, 06:44 PM
FTR, Mac is easily 35+ points better than us. If a shootout becomes imminent & you all cannot stop our offense, it will become a high scoring affair. We do not have a lockdown type defense. Ours is bend but try not to break too much lol.

dirty bird
September 7th, 2014, 06:54 PM
I was watching the game with my family and I thought McNeese gave the game away. I can relate as my Runners did the same on Thursday.

The color analyst paid the Cowboys a great compliment: he said the McNeese speed was just as fast as that as Nebraska's. I agree with him. My father thought was adamant that Sam was better fit for the game.

Great showing McNeese xthumbsupx

Panther88
September 7th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Mac's gameplan was on point. Kudos to staffers for preparing your guys for a great fight. Mac went into the game to WIN, not just show up and recv a 450,000$ check w/ a bruised butt kicking in tow. Much, much respect.

But, enough of the past. It's just that, the past. It's now time for Mac to focus on its next opponent. Our panthers of Prairie View A&M University. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO thankful that PVAMU and McNeese St U have a cordiality that is mutually agreeable. We WANT(ed) to play powerhouse McNeese. Unlike other pu$$y SWAC schools, we do NOT run from competition and schedule christian school club teams for a game. xlolx xlolx xlolx Obviously MSU is THE top-tier blue/gold university in the state of Louisiana and we look forward to the battle to determine where we are and where we need to go athletically.

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2014, 10:07 PM
LOL, that dig at Southern was VERY nicely done, Panther! I have to spread some rep around before I can hit you again, LOL!

FormerPokeCenter
September 7th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Two pretty funny tweets from yesterday.....

It goes without saying McNeese State badly out-coached Nebraska. But it needs to be said anyway. #Huskers #HuskerExtra
— Steven M. Sipple (@HuskerExtraSip) September 6, 2014
#huskers #bigten Oregon press box wag: "That's what McNeese gets for letting Nebraska hang around.'' #yikes
— Lee Barfknecht (@leebeeowh) September 6, 2014

AmsterBison
September 8th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Yes, I give him a B+ on that post. Very nicely done but slightly transparent. ;)

Doc

I got accused of sandbagging by a couple of Nebraska fans after the game. How can you sandbag against a team like Nebraska? ;)

I was just got back from a drive and they were talking about McNeese State v Nebraska on satellite radio. Very impressed. Only problem I have is that the national guys tend to credit FCS wins to FBS transfers and/or gimmick offenses. From what I saw, if McNeese State had won that game, it'd have been because they were playing better football. If a couple FBS transfers can immediately make an FCS team competitive with an FBS team, then that says more about how terrible FBS teams are at developing/recognizing talent than anything else.

Edit: I wasn't trying to slight any FCS offenses. I've just heard national sports guys say that the formula for beating FCS over FBS upsets includes lots of FBS transfers and "gimmick" offenses.

Panther88
September 8th, 2014, 07:17 AM
LOL, that dig at Southern was VERY nicely done, Panther! I have to spread some rep around before I can hit you again, LOL!

;) lol