PDA

View Full Version : The MVFC...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Vitojr130
September 6th, 2014, 01:01 PM
... according to Sagarin, is ranked higher than Conference USA (both East and West), the Sun Belt, and the MAC (East).
15 MISSOURI VALLEY (AA)= 60.86 60.56 ( 15) 10 60.64 ( 15)
16 CONFERENCE USA-WEST (A) = 60.63 60.34 ( 16) 6 60.38 ( 16)
17 CONFERENCE USA-EAST (A) = 58.58 58.56 ( 17) 7 58.57 ( 17)
18 MAC-EAST (A) = 58.34 58.07 ( 18) 7 58.17 ( 18)
19 SUN BELT (A) = 57.20 57.20 ( 19) 11 57.23 ( 19)

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 01:05 PM
If you ever took a peek at the Sunbelt boards you would think they're neck and neck with the SEC.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Slum belt sucks

FCS_pwns_FBS
September 6th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Slum belt sucks

At the end of the season I bet they are at least ahead of CUSA....CUSA is crap.

skinny_uncle
September 6th, 2014, 04:23 PM
... according to Sagarin, is ranked higher than Conference USA (both East and West), the Sun Belt, and the MAC (East).

Sounds about right to me.
xthumbsupx

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Strong showing by dungeon dweller Indiana State. Seems like its going to be a really hard year in the valley this year.

No_Skill
September 6th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Shaping up to be a strong OOC across the board.

Yotes
September 6th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Someone forward this to the playoff selection committee.

clenz
September 6th, 2014, 09:23 PM
I've long been on record with my belief Indiana State is by far the west D1, non HBCU, scholarship program in America.

Historically that may still be true but it's clear that Indiana State, while still likely to be rolled by 21 plus weekly in the MVFC would be a middle of the pack OVC team.

What does that tell you about the MVFC?
Wow

RabidRabbit
September 6th, 2014, 10:14 PM
No losses to FCS teams or below thru two weeks? + a P5 fbs win, and some other challenged losses to better fbs? Yep, MVFC is oof to a good 2014 season start.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 10:17 PM
No losses to FCS teams or below thru two weeks? + a P5 fbs win, and some other challenged losses to better fbs? Yep, MVFC is oof to a good 2014 season start.
Don't jinx it man. Just see, MVFC will get 2 playoff teams, OVC 3 and Big Sky, CAA 4 each.

clenz
September 6th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Don't jinx it man. Just see, MVFC will get 2 playoff teams, OVC 3 and Big Sky, CAA 4 each.

Sadly, you likely are right even though UNI, NDSU, SDSU, and SIU are all legit top 11 teams right now and I might have all 4 in my top 10.

I projected UNI and NDSU to get through the conference with, at most, 1 loss each.

I don't think that happens.

I think it probably shakes out like this

First Place - 1 or 2 losses
Second Place 2 or 3 losses
Third Place - 2 or 3 losses
Fourth Place - 3 losses

And 2 get in

Sycamore62
September 6th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I've long been on record with my belief Indiana State is by far the west D1, non HBCU, scholarship program in America.

Historically that may still be true but it's clear that Indiana State, while still likely to be rolled by 21 plus weekly in the MVFC would be a middle of the pack OVC team.

What does that tell you about the MVFC?
Wow

Ill go 5 wins in the conference this year.

Maybe be not but that game today was not as close as the score.

The he only thing the OVC has had in the last 10 years was jimmy G and butler in the play in game.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 10:56 PM

The he only thing the OVC has had in the last 10 years was jimmy G and butler in the play in game.
I think you guys would be #3 OVC team this year. 5 wins in conference would be a hard task, many other good teams- YSU, SIU, UNI.

clenz
September 6th, 2014, 10:56 PM
You think Indiana State wins 5 mvfc games this year?

I've never done an illegal drug in my life, but PLEASE send me whatever it is that you're on if you really believe that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 11:00 PM

Not a frickin chance on this!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 6th, 2014, 11:15 PM
I was just watching the Bison Pregame Show and the assistant commissioner for the Big Sky Conference said the MVFC is the best conference in FCS right now.

SIUSalukiFan
September 6th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Please quit ripping on the OVC.

Jacksonville state beat the behemoth that is Chattanooga today.

No MVC team can top that.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 11:21 PM

Sorry. We all know the OVC is the next Sun Belt.

JayJ79
September 7th, 2014, 01:01 AM
I've never done an illegal drug in my life, but PLEASE send me whatever it is that you're on if you really believe that.

did they mean 5 wins in the MVFC, or 5 wins in the hypothetical situation of them playing in the OVC?

WestCoastAggie
September 7th, 2014, 03:05 AM

No one can top that. Ever.

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 07:11 AM
did they mean 5 wins in the MVFC, or 5 wins in the hypothetical situation of them playing in the OVC?
I sure hope they mean the OVC because 5 MVFC isn't happening unless they are talking about the next 4 years is combined

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

semobison
September 7th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Week 2, MVFC 4-0 against the OVC and the Sky!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 7th, 2014, 10:44 AM
heard someone on the Montana State game last night saying that the BSC should get a "minimum of 4 teams" every season in the playoffs.

Bison56
September 7th, 2014, 10:51 AM
xnutsx
heard someone on the Montana State game last night saying that the BSC should get a "minimum of 4 teams" every season in the playoffs.

centennial
September 7th, 2014, 03:49 PM
I got this from Bisonville-
Sagarin Top 25-
1 30 North Dakota State
2 58 Northern Iowa
3 62 Southern Illinois
4 70 Villanova
5 72 Illinois State
6 73 South Dakota State
7 74 Montana
8 78 McNeese State
9 81 William & Mary
10 84 Eastern Washington
11 87 New Hampshire
12 89 Bethune-Cookman
13 94 SE Louisiana
14 97 Jacksonville State
15 101 Coastal Carolina
16 104 Montana State
17 105 Youngstown State
18 113 Eastern Kentucky
19 119 Tennessee State
20 121 South Dakota
21 122 Princeton
22 123 Chattanooga
23 128 Liberty
24 129 Portland State
25 130 Northern Arizona

Sagarin Top-5 FCS Conferences

1. MVFC 63.69
2. Colonial 55.01
3. Ohio Valley 54.64
4. Big Sky 53.50
5. Southern 51.42

Vitojr130
September 7th, 2014, 05:47 PM

I just laughed milk out of my nose and back into my cup while reading this.

Thanks. Whatever, it's still good.

Sycamore62
September 7th, 2014, 06:12 PM

No drugs

Here's how we will get at least 5 MVC wins. Every year, all the teams who say they are contenders will lose one dumb game. A couple of the teams have half a good year and miss the playoffs. I look at our schedule and those losses and halves of bad seasons will land playing us.

im mostly joking around, but keep in mind that last year we had horrible injury losses and we were not deep in important positions. We played the last game with a receiver playing QB and defensive players on offense.

And no one will remember me saying this except me if unless they actually get 5 wins and I will make sure everyone remembers

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 06:40 PM
No drugs

Here's how we will get at least 5 MVC wins. Every year, all the teams who say they are contenders will lose one dumb game. A couple of the teams have half a good year and miss the playoffs. I look at our schedule and those losses and halves of bad seasons will land playing us.

im mostly joking around, but keep in mind that last year we had horrible injury losses and we were not deep in important positions. We played the last game with a receiver playing QB and defensive players on offense.

And no one will remember me saying this except me if unless they actually get 5 wins and I will make sure everyone remembers

Trust me...I don't forget when people say stupid **** like this.

Outside of the Shakir Bell years Indiana State has 9 MVFC wins, total, since the turn of the century...and 6 of those were before the start of the 03 season

Even with the Bell years thrown in there is still only 18 conference wins since the turn of the century

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2014, 07:15 PM
No drugs

I for one hope that the Trees are good this year. I mean, our collective MVFC ego is big as it is, but imagine the potential if even the Sycs are decent. The possibilities are endless!

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 07:19 PM
I for one hope that the Trees are good this year. I mean, our collective MVFC ego is big as it is, but imagine the potential if even the Sycs are decent. The possibilities are endless!

The treesbeing good and knocking anyone off is bad for the conference. We need misuse to be a fold over w for the top teams and everyone to be respectable

Imagine giving the selection committee another reason to keep an mvfc team out

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2014, 07:20 PM
The treesbeing good and knocking anyone off is bad for the conference. We need misuse to be a fold over w for the top teams and everyone to be respectable

Imagine giving the selection committee another reason to keep an mvfc team out

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Oh I hear ya, the conference schedule is tough enough.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Oh I hear ya, the conference schedule is tough enough.

Who is ZZ's backup if he goes down?

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Who is ZZ's backup if he goes down?
Gandy and Mengarelli. Both are more than serviceable. There is a lot of excitement about their talent and that they will be able to give ZZ more rest this year since Stig felt he was wore down by the last game.

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2014, 07:32 PM
A lot of people (including myself) are pretty excited about how well Lujan has done stepping in for Sumner. State will still be challenging for the top of the Valley.

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Gandy and Mengarelli. Both are more than serviceable. There is a lot of excitement about their talent and that they will be able to give ZZ more rest this year since Stig felt he was wore down by the last game.
SDSUs margin for error is so small that Zenner won't get a rest.

He had 47 carries through 2 games that weren't close.

I can already promise he gets 25 plus carries in all remaining games except the d3 game and maybe ndsu and i expect SDSU to still give him 15 or 20 carries against UW Oshkosh so he can put up about 300 to boost him for the Payton award.

SDSU has 13 total carries from someone other than ZZ. That ratio isn't going to change, it's only going to grow more towards him.

I'd have to go check the last 2 or 3 years stats but I would guess non qbs have very very very very few carries other than ZZ.

SDSUs defense is not very good and they need him to carry the ball 30 times per game to kill clock and keep the other team of the field

Thumper 76
September 7th, 2014, 07:54 PM
SDSUs margin for error is so small that Zenner won't get a rest.

He had 47 carries through 2 games that weren't close.

I can already promise he gets 25 plus carries in all remaining games except the d3 game and maybe ndsu and i expect SDSU to still give him 15 or 20 carries against UW Oshkosh so he can put up about 300 to boost him for the Payton award.

SDSU has 13 total carries from someone other than ZZ. That ratio isn't going to change, it's only going to grow more towards him.

I'd have to go check the last 2 or 3 years stats but I would guess non qbs have very very very very few carries other than ZZ.

SDSUs defense is not very good and they need him to carry the ball 30 times per game to kill clock and keep the other team of the field

I think the defense might surprise you this year. Held Mizz pretty much in check outside of a couple plays that got behind them, and pretty well shut down Poly after they got used to the option. Well find out how "not good" they are.

Rabbit74
September 7th, 2014, 08:19 PM

After Saturday's games, the MVFC is not rated higher than the Mountain West, Sunbelt, MAC and Conference by the Sagarin rankings.

JSUBison
September 7th, 2014, 08:59 PM

Outside of the Shakir Bell years Indiana State has 9 MVFC wins, total, since the turn of the century...and 6 of those were before the start of the 03 season

Even with the Bell years thrown in there is still only 18 conference wins since the turn of the century

I'm quoting you, but the question is to Sycamore. Has enough time passed since Bell left that we can get the low down on what happened with him getting dismissed from the team his senior year?

skinny_uncle
September 7th, 2014, 09:09 PM
After Saturday's games, the MVFC is not rated higher than the Mountain West, Sunbelt, MAC and Conference by the Sagarin rankings.

Massey sure likes the Valley, though.
http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2014&sub=11605

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 09:11 PM
I have 4 valley teams in my top 10...and am looking at 6 teams in the top 25

I wonder if that is going to be an issue with the poll committee and get my poll thrown out

skinny_uncle
September 7th, 2014, 09:13 PM

I wonder if that is going to be an issue with the poll committee and get my poll thrown out

Massey has 7 Valley teams in his top 12. You might be underrating the Valley.

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Massey has 7 Valley teams in his top 12. You might be underrating the Valley.

I'm at #14 right now and based on what I've seen this year I might end up with 7 or 8 in the top 25.

Won't say how many I have from each conference...but...

MVFC, CAA, and SLC make up 17 of my 25 spots

skinny_uncle
September 7th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I'm at #14 right now and based on what I've seen this year I might end up with 7 or 8 in the top 25.

Won't say how many I have from each conference...but...

MVFC, CAA, and SLC make up 17 of my 25 spots
I have to agree that those are the top 3 conferences followed by the Big Sky.

Sycamore62
September 7th, 2014, 10:02 PM
I'm quoting you, but the question is to Sycamore. Has enough time passed since Bell left that we can get the low down on what happened with him getting dismissed from the team his senior year?

Honestly, they were pretty tight lipped about it. I'm an ex player and I still have connections around the team and community and I haven't heard anymore than speculation.

I think it came down to 1. His injury was season ending. 2. Attitude or teammate problems 3. Heard that when Miles was coaching, he broke team rules and got away with it a few more times than he probably should have.

It's too bad he was so high mileage. He did some amazing things.

skinny_uncle
September 7th, 2014, 10:51 PM
The loss of Bell seemed to take the starch out of the Sycamores last year. Looks like they might be bouncing back a bit now.

Twentysix
September 7th, 2014, 11:15 PM
It looks like MSU could possibly be a playoff team this year(especially if they weren't in the MVFC, I would say they may be a lock).... what the hell? I can't believe how well they did against OklaSU.

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 11:22 PM
It looks like MSU could possibly be a playoff team this year(especially if they weren't in the MVFC, I would say they may be a lock).... what the hell? I can't believe how well they did against OklaSU.

This.

I think (hopefully) NDSU, UNI, SIU, and SDSU get in from the MVFC. However, I think the rest of the teams of the MVFC would all finish top half of the OVC, Patriot, Big South and would all win the Pioneer...

I don't know about the Big Sky or SoCon though

JayJ79
September 8th, 2014, 02:24 AM

I hope that they are decent enough to beat Liberty (their only remaining FCS non-conference game). Would be cool if they could make a respectable game against Ball State, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

But yeah, if the MVFC teams all beat up on each other, and the conference standings are a big jumble of 5-3, 4-4, and 3-5 teams, it will probably knock a playoff worthy conference team or two out of the playoffs, even if the MVFC non-conference FCS record continues to be good.

clenz
September 8th, 2014, 07:21 AM
I hope that they are decent enough to beat Liberty (their only remaining FCS non-conference game). Would be cool if they could make a respectable game against Ball State, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

But yeah, if the MVFC teams all beat up on each other, and the conference standings are a big jumble of 5-3, 4-4, and 3-5 teams, it will probably knock a playoff worthy conference team or two out of the playoffs, even if the MVFC non-conference FCS record continues to be good.
I don't often agree with Jay, but he's dead on with this one.

If the 8th-10th (maybe ISUb finishes out of 10th this year...doubt it...but maybe) MVFC team knocks off a team from the Big South that received votes for first place in their preseason poll it would be huge.

It's not that I don't want every team in our conference to be strong (I kind of do) but for getting teams into the playoffs it just doesn't work for the MVFC - it does for the CAA but not for the MVFC.

The conference, as it sits with 10 teams, needs a break down of something like

2 teams finish a game a head of everyone else with no bad losses.
3 teams that are right behind the top 2 and only losses were to the top 2 and eachother
3 teams that are clearly competitive with the top 4 but not good enough to take out more than 1 of the top 4 each season
1 team showing signs of life that can take care of business OOC to show the bottom of the MVFC isn't as bad as their record because of playing in the MVFC
1 team that is bad and will be a walk over for MVFC teams and maybe give a scare to a team OOC.

It looks like what the MVFC has this year is
4-6 teams that are all pretty damn good (at least early)
The rest showing that even if they don't finish high in the MVFC they are going to do what they can to ruin someones chances

It's great to see a conference like that, but for the MVFC it isn't going to work with getting 3 or 4 playoff teams - even if they truly deserve it. It doesn't look like there will be enough separation between the top 5 and the bottom 5 to get a proper amount of bids .***

*** Based on how the conference looks now and how the conference has historically been shorted on bids compared to the OVC, MEAC, SLC,

Sycamore62
September 8th, 2014, 08:38 AM
The loss of Bell seemed to take the starch out of the Sycamores last year. Looks like they might be bouncing back a bit now.

I think losing the QB Parish was the real problem. We had nothing behind him.

Sycamore62
September 8th, 2014, 02:23 PM

Ya but i see people saying stupid **** all the time.

Im not talking about Shakir Bell playing, or any of the seasons since the turn of the century. I'm just talking about this year. Everyone on here overrates their team, It will be ok for me to do the same.

MSUBear42
September 9th, 2014, 03:10 PM

There's just a different feel this year...

After the student body passed the vote to improve the facilities last fall, we went 3-1 to finish the season. There's been a buzz all off season that I have never witnessed before. I also know a lot of the players absolutely love Terry Allen and know they are playing for his job.

Stranger things have happened and being a lifelong Bears fan I know not to get my hopes up to high, but I am pretty excited about the rest of the season. We'll know a lot more about this team here in the next couple of weeks.

underdawg
September 9th, 2014, 03:40 PM
There's just a different feel this year...

After the student body passed the vote to improve the facilities last fall, we went 3-1 to finish the season. There's been a buzz all off season that I have never witnessed before. I also know a lot of the players absolutely love Terry Allen and know they are playing for his job.

Stranger things have happened and being a lifelong Bears fan I know not to get my hopes up to high, but I am pretty excited about the rest of the season. We'll know a lot more about this team here in the next couple of weeks.

I was quite shocked when I found out that Allen's last year on his old contract was THIS year!--How the heck does a coach recruit when other coaches tell the player--"This could be Allen's last season as coach"? Lennon got a two year extension to prevent that situation from occurring.

clenz
September 9th, 2014, 03:42 PM
I was quite shocked when I found out that Allen's last year on his old contract was THIS year!--How the heck does a coach recruit when other coaches team the player--"This could be Allen's last season as coach"? Lennon got a two year extention to prevent that situation from occurring.
I think MSU is stuck in a hard place.

They won't want to keep him, but they can't afford the buy out.
They don't want to extend him, that would piss off about 99% of their donors/fans.

This was their third option, which is actually hurting him, and the future of the program with recruiting.
I don't think he's back next season without a very, very, deep playoff run.

It's one of the damnedest things I've ever seen.

MSU has impressed me early this season (actually all the Valley teams have) but for them to make the playoffs either I'm going to have to be way off on what I predicted from them (7th place) or the Valley is going to need a BOAT LOAD of teams in this year.

clenz
September 9th, 2014, 03:44 PM
To compare it to an SIU thing...it would be like SIU not biting the bullet on Lowery a couple years ago.

I don't know that SIU could afford the buy out, but I (and they) didn't think they could afford to not do it.

MSU doesn't see it quite that way.

I'd bet TA ends up back in Cedar Falls as an assistant in a couple years.

Sycamore62
September 9th, 2014, 08:06 PM
To compare it to an SIU thing...it would be like SIU not biting the bullet on Lowery a couple years ago.

I don't know that SIU could afford the buy out, but I (and they) didn't think they could afford to not do it.

You don't think he would get an asst job at a higher paying job?

MSUBear42
September 9th, 2014, 08:24 PM

Obviously this is hearsay, but I was told that they did the math on a return on investment and the interest just wasn't there to pay his buyout (which was a little over 300k, I think).

Instead of buying him out, they increased our recruiting budget and the salaries of our assistant coaches.

I think the money would have been there to buy him out, but our donor base has almost been tapped out when it comes to big pops like this with all the expansion we have gone through lately.

Hammersmith
September 9th, 2014, 09:29 PM

???

What ratings are you looking at? After Saturday's games, the MVFC actually moved up in the Sagarin ratings. Prior to the Delaware/Delaware State game on Sunday, the MVFC was the #6 conference in the nation; only the P5 were rated higher. After the UD/DSU game, we slipped just barely enough to drop below the AAC(tied to two decimal places).

11 AMERICAN ATHLETIC (A) = 63.73 64.67 ( 11) 11 64.16 ( 11)
12 MISSOURI VALLEY (AA)= 63.73 63.50 ( 13) 10 63.57 ( 13)
13 MWC-WEST (A) = 63.61 64.04 ( 12) 6 63.87 ( 12)
14 MWC-MOUNTAIN (A) = 61.66 61.49 ( 14) 6 61.55 ( 14)
15 CONFERENCE USA-WEST (A) = 61.60 61.15 ( 16) 6 61.34 ( 15)
16 MAC-WEST (A) = 61.18 61.17 ( 15) 6 61.16 ( 16)
17 CONFERENCE USA-EAST (A) = 59.57 60.10 ( 17) 7 59.93 ( 17)
18 SUN BELT (A) = 58.35 58.10 ( 18) 11 58.19 ( 18)
19 MAC-EAST (A) = 57.74 57.20 ( 19) 7 57.45 ( 19)

If you re-average the ratings by combining the conference divisions together, you get this:

American Athletic 63.73
Missouri Valley 63.73
Mountain West 62.83
Mid-American 59.50
Conference-USA 59.17
Sun Belt 58.35

Do I really think the MVFC is better than the entire G5? Nope. This is just early-season weirdness. But what you said wasn't correct.

clenz
September 9th, 2014, 10:00 PM
You don't think he would get an asst job at a higher paying job?
He will be 58 years old after this season coming off a job he failed at (though not entirely his fault as until MSU decided they wanted him gone but wouldn't fire him they didn't support the football program worth a damn).

Not only did he fail at MSU he failed at Kansas before that.

Not many programs, that are worth a damn, will want him.

However, he played at UNI, was a GA at UNI, coached at UNI, was the conferences (and UNIs) winningest coach when he left UNI (that record is now owned by UNI coach Mark Farley)

Speaking of Farley, he played for TA, was a GA for TA, an assistant at UNI for TA, followed TA to Kansas, and took the UNI head job when TA was let go at Kansas.

TA is still very much liked by the vast majority of those involved with UNI football, and residents of Cedar Falls.... Granted there are those who have issues with him, but no one will ever be liked by everyone.

I would bet if TA doesn't take a head job at a lower level d1, high level d2, he will take a year or so of and end up in some sort of assistant role at UNI.

clenz
September 9th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Obviously this is hearsay, but I was told that they did the math on a return on investment and the interest just wasn't there to pay his buyout (which was a little over 300k, I think).

Instead of buying him out, they increased our recruiting budget and the salaries of our assistant coaches.

I think the money would have been there to buy him out, but our donor base has almost been tapped out when it comes to big pops like this with all the expansion we have gone through lately.
My question would be why pay the assistants more? 99 percent of them leave when the hc leaves

Cocky
September 10th, 2014, 09:11 AM
R

The OVC 3rd place team beat the SOCON co Champ 55-14, SLC 2nd place and currently 8th ranked team 31-10 and played EWU closer than the 2nd placed MVC team.

Sagarin has the OVC rated as the 2nd FCS conference.

ISUb beat a TTU team which won 2 conference games last year over the bottom two teams. TTU also beat the always powerful Cumberland, Hampton and ISUb by 1 (who won 1 game last year). Plus TTU is coached by Watson Brown which puts them down 14-21 points before the game starts.

I believe if you would ask the SIU guys there is a difference between beating TTU and EIU. SIU v EIU victory is a good OOC win for the MVC.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 10th, 2014, 10:19 AM
R

The OVC 3rd place team beat the SOCON co Champ 55-14, SLC 2nd place and currently 8th ranked team 31-10 and played EWU closer than the 2nd placed MVC team.

ISUb beat a TTU team which won 2 conference games last year over the bottom two teams. TTU also beat the always powerful Cumberland, Hampton and ISUb by 1 (who won 1 game last year). Plus TTU is coached by Watson Brown which puts them down 14-21 points before the game starts.

I believe if you would ask the SIU guys there is a difference between beating TTU and EIU. SIU v EIU victory is a good OOC win for the MVC.

EIU better start winning some games or the shine is going to come off them pretty quickly. They are living off last year.

Lehigh'98
September 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
EIU better start winning some games or the shine is going to come off them pretty quickly. They are living off last year.

They are overrated this year. ISUr will route them this week. Great bet considering ISUr is the home underdog +3.5.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 10th, 2014, 10:24 AM
They are overrated this year. ISUr will route them this week. Great bet considering ISUr is the home underdog +3.5.

and the OVC is currently buoyed by EIU's juice.

MSUBear42
September 10th, 2014, 10:37 AM
My question would be why pay the assistants more? 99 percent of them leave when the hc leaves

Not only did they get raises, they actually got contract extensions. Does it make perfect sense? No. But MSU is spending their money in the right places right now in improving facilities and overall budget.

dewey
September 10th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Not only did they get raises, they actually got contract extensions. Does it make perfect sense? No. But MSU is spending their money in the right places right now in improving facilities and overall budget.

Did you guys every get the field figured out? I happen to remember there were a bunch of different designs for your football field but I don't remember ever seeing what the final choice was.

Thanks.

Dewey

GABison
September 10th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I think MSU is stuck in a hard place.

They won't want to keep him, but they can't afford the buy out.
They don't want to extend him, that would piss off about 99% of their donors/fans.

This was their third option, which is actually hurting him, and the future of the program with recruiting.
I don't think he's back next season without a very, very, deep playoff run.

It's one of the damnedest things I've ever seen.

MSU has impressed me early this season (actually all the Valley teams have) but for them to make the playoffs either I'm going to have to be way off on what I predicted from them (7th place) or the Valley is going to need a BOAT LOAD of teams in this year.

Don't you think if they just made the playoffs, period, both MSU fans and admin would be happy to renew?

Sycamore62
September 10th, 2014, 11:10 AM
R

I believe if you ask the SIU guys, beating EIU might be as big as beating Iowa St. NDSU guys would disagree.

Im aware how many games ISUb won last year, Im aware how many TTU won. Im also aware how many games EIU won last year and which players on their team were drafted in the 2nd round.

But THIS year, I'm saying ISUb will win 5 MVC games. Would any non fans agree? Maybe some that dont watch football. At this point in the season, there isn't much info to use good ole transitive property. If the EIU win is the biggest thing SIU does this year, in November we wont be talking about them. I'll concede the same with ISUb

I think this team is going to be just about as good as ISUb 2012, maybe better. They wont have Bell but I think the O-line will be better and the passing game will be better.

Sycamore62
September 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM

Were they overrated last year?

Edit: to clarify, I think so

clenz
September 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
How often though, do assistant coaches stay when the HC is fired/leaves?

Seems to me that if they have no intention of keeping TA the assistants are likely gone as well.

clenz
September 10th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Don't you think if they just made the playoffs, period, both MSU fans and admin would be happy to renew?
No.

From what I've read the past couple seasons is they are done with TA. He always seems to win just enough/just the right games each season to make it hard to justify it.

Outside of at least a quarter, if not semi final or deeper run, I don't see him sticking around.

Sycamore62
September 10th, 2014, 11:37 AM
No.

From what I've read the past couple seasons is they are done with TA. He always seems to win just enough/just the right games each season to make it hard to justify it.

Outside of at least a quarter, if not semi final or deeper run, I don't see him sticking around.

Didnt this happen to SEMO a couple years back. They offered the coach 2 years if he dumped all or part of his staff or 1 year if he didnt. then he went 9-2 and got a contract?

JayJ79
September 10th, 2014, 01:57 PM
How often though, do assistant coaches stay when the HC is fired/leaves?

Seems to me that if they have no intention of keeping TA the assistants are likely gone as well.

A number of the UNI asst coaches that Farley has were there under Allen. Though I can't remember if they all left with Allen when he went to Kansas and came back when Farley was hired, or if they were there for the Dunbar years as well

Pant8her
September 10th, 2014, 03:25 PM
But THIS year, I'm saying ISUb will win 5 MVC games. Would any non fans agree? Maybe some that dont watch football. At this point in the season, there isn't much info to use good ole transitive property. If the EIU win is the biggest thing SIU does this year, in November we wont be talking about them. I'll concede the same with ISUb

I think this team is going to be just about as good as ISUb 2012, maybe better. They wont have Bell but I think the O-line will be better and the passing game will be better.

AND THE CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES, THE CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES, THE CUBS WIN THE WORLD SERIES... this year

I apologize to the Cubs fans, could not help it...

Cocky
September 10th, 2014, 04:04 PM

Does look like a good bet. What the deal?

if EIU of first half shows up EIU might pull it off if second half EIU shows it maybe a blow out.

Cocky
September 10th, 2014, 04:13 PM
I believe if you ask the SIU guys, beating EIU might be as big as beating Iowa St. NDSU guys would disagree.

Im aware how many games ISUb won last year, Im aware how many TTU won. Im also aware how many games EIU won last year and which players on their team were drafted in the 2nd round.

No idea how good ISUb could be this year but judging any team off of a TTU game is premature. TTU will be worse than last year. Brown has the program in a steady decline.

EIU isn't as good as last year but did play toe to toe (in first half) with what I believe is a solid SIU team. EIU is a better judge of a team's capabilities tha TTU.

skinny_uncle
September 10th, 2014, 07:59 PM

They still have a pretty explosive offense. They will do OK in the OVC.

Houndawg
September 10th, 2014, 08:57 PM

Huh? xconfusedx How do you figure?

Sycamore62
September 10th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Huh? xconfusedx How do you figure?

I was just making a point about the objectivity of a fan toward their team. My wins are bigger than your wins ect...

SIUSalukiFan
September 10th, 2014, 10:14 PM
I was just making a point about the objectivity of a fan toward their team. My wins are bigger than your wins ect...

You need to work on your point making.

Sycamore62
September 10th, 2014, 10:31 PM
You need to work on your point making.

I think it will be fine

Wallace
September 11th, 2014, 01:48 AM
MVFC is the best conference right now.

Theee Catrabbit
September 11th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Clenz how much is UNI getting to go to Hawaii. That sounds like a pretty sweet fbs game for an fcs school. Not to mention a great excuse to go to Hawaii for the fan base.

Sycamore62
September 11th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Clenz how much is UNI getting to go to Hawaii. That sounds like a pretty sweet fbs game for an fcs school. Not to mention a great excuse to go to Hawaii for the fan base.

I was told back when EIU went there a couple times that it was about enough for the VIP's to have a free 3 or 4 day Hawaii vacation. (not sure that's accurate but it came from people who should know)

clenz
September 11th, 2014, 09:47 AM
I think the game is only 150k but Hawaii is paying something like 50k for meals and all travel expenses for a travel party of 75.

I think UNI is taking 125 people.

I'm not sure UNI will net much but this game is as much, or not, about the experience as it is the money

Sycamore62
September 11th, 2014, 10:00 AM
I think the game is only 150k but Hawaii is paying something like 50k for meals and all travel expenses for a travel party of 75.

I think UNI is taking 125 people.

I'm not sure UNI will net much but this game is as much, or not, about the experience as it is the money

are they throwing in a Hawaii trip for boosters that give over $X. i think maybe i have seen that before

clenz
September 11th, 2014, 10:15 AM
are they throwing in a Hawaii trip for boosters that give over $X. i think maybe i have seen that before
There is a fan package... I couldn't tell you were the extra 50 people in the travel party are from.

robsnotes4u
September 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM
There is a fan package... I couldn't tell you were the extra 50 people in the travel party are from.

More importantly, are you part of the party and going. If you get drunk stumble ocean side on Waikiki beach, if you go the other way, you will never be seen again. That was preached to us when we vacationed there.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 11th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Man would I love to play UNI next weekend. Long plane ride there, cushy vacation feeling, game at 11pm, long plane ride back. They'd be as soft as butter on a hot day.

clenz
September 11th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Man would I love to play UNI next weekend. Long plane ride there, cushy vacation feeling, game at 11pm, long plane ride back. They'd be as soft as butter on a hot day.
That was supposed to be an open date originally. We were supposed play Morgan State last weekend but when they backed out and uni needed another home game the 27th was the only day one could be found for.

Thankfully is Tennessee Tech and they look real bad. It's also homecoming so that should add some attention/concentration to the team

Houndawg
September 11th, 2014, 11:56 AM
keep 'em on the beach, with plenty of beer......

Sycamore62
September 11th, 2014, 01:42 PM
That was supposed to be an open date originally. We were supposed play Morgan State last weekend but when they backed out and uni needed another home game the 27th was the only day one could be found for.

Thankfully is Tennessee Tech and they look real bad. It's also homecoming so that should add some attention/concentration to the team

TTU looks real good

i mean their shiny purple helmets

Thumper 76
September 11th, 2014, 01:49 PM
So if Ill St beats EIU does it make the MVFC look even better or the OVC look worse?

UNIFanSince1983
September 11th, 2014, 01:49 PM

Homecoming on the 20th is actually Northern Colorado...

clenz
September 11th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Homecoming on the 20th is actually Northern Colorado...
Ah...weekends mixed up...

Either way...

UNC hasn't looked much better the last 10 years.

skinny_uncle
September 11th, 2014, 04:56 PM
So if Ill St beats EIU does it make the MVFC look even better or the OVC look worse?

Yes.

Bison56
September 11th, 2014, 05:09 PM

That is correct.

Thumper 76
September 11th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Yes.
Well. That clears things up nicely.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2014, 02:16 PM
Well. That clears things up nicely.

ISUr is presently curbstomping EIU

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 02:19 PM
ISUr is presently curbstomping EIU
Not surprising.. MVFC looks by far the best FCS league.. Even looks as good or better than some of the G5 FBS leagues..

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Illinois State forces a fumble at the 2 add eiu was going in but stopped for a safety

34-15 ISUr under 8 to play

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 03:04 PM
Indiana State continuing to mind of prove me wrong... Sheen 14-10 half way through the 3rd at ball state

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Illinois State picks of eiu...

ISUr ball inside eiu 25 yard line less than 3 to play up 35-15

So... The 6th place team, projected, has now crushed a top 2 ovc team...

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Illinois State picks of eiu...

ISUr ball inside eiu 25 yard line less than 3 to play up 35-15

So... The 6th place team, projected, has now crushed a top 2 ovc team...

You still think Montana wins?

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM
You still think Montana wins?
Yes

If the 9th place, predicted, MVFC team goes into Montana and walks or with a W the MVFC deserves no less than 5 bids based on the ooc so far

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Butler with an early 7-0 lead on YSU.

Theee Catrabbit
September 13th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Butler with an early 7-0 lead on YSU.

Guins need to get their **** together!

JSUBison
September 13th, 2014, 04:08 PM
ISU-B just kicked FG, they now lead 20-14 in the 3rd. Impressive for the trees even if it doesn't hold. Whatever they did this past off-season, it worked!

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Guins are playing tons of underclassmen. Based on the size difference of the two teams I don't think this one will ever be in doubt. But that's why they play the games

Sycamore62
September 13th, 2014, 05:02 PM
20-20 ISUb driving at the bsu 30 TOUCHDOW!!!!!!!!!!!

3:XX LEFT

thebootfitter
September 13th, 2014, 05:09 PM
ISUb up 27-20 now with 2:17 left.

Sycamore62
September 13th, 2014, 05:11 PM
20-20 ISUb driving at the bsu 30 TOUCHDOW!!!!!!!!!!!

3:XX LEFT

i was typing this during a play, can you guess when the TD happened

- - - Updated - - -

ISUb ball 2:17 bsu has 3 timeouts

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 05:30 PM
ISUb knocks off Ball State

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Every game is going to be tough. Wow.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 05:32 PM
The valley is as strong as Mountain West maybe stronger..

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Congrats to the Trees.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
Anyone seen a WIU score? ESPN isn't updating it.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 05:38 PM
WIU 31 Drake 10
14 minutes in the 4th left

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 05:40 PM
WIU 31 Drake 10
14 minutes in the 4th left

Thanks. Good to see they are taking care of business as well.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM
The valley is as strong as Mountain West maybe stronger..

Sagarin had us stronger than the MWC last week:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2014/conference/

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM
What is the MVFC's OOC record this year?
Against FCS opponents?

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Against FCS opponents?
Undefeated

Something like 12-0

2 fbs wins and maybe a third coming later and a very winnable fbs game for siu

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 05:45 PM
Against FCS opponents?

16-7. All losses to FBS.

I included WIU and YSU today, those games are basically over.

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Wow. Thanks

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 05:57 PM
We will be the strongest non p5 conference this week. UNI don't **** the bed..

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 05:57 PM
I've decided. I'm staying up for the UNI game tonight.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I've decided. I'm staying up for the UNI game tonight.

I'll be sawing logs before that one is over. I'll read about it tomorrow.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Fuehne catches one in the end zone. TD Dawgs.

SIU 7 SEMO 0

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:16 PM

38-13 WIU won according to Yahoo.

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Is the SIU game on espn3?

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Is the SIU game on espn3?

http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/?f4m=http:/ ... nifest.f4m

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:23 PM
SIU 14 SEMO 0

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Thanks

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 06:25 PM
http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/?f4m=http:/ ... nifest.f4m

Link is not working for me. Anyone else having trouble?

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Agnew punches in another TD
SIU 21 SEMO 0

Vitojr130
September 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Link is not working for me. Anyone else having trouble?

Yeah it's not working for me either

RabidRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 06:31 PM
INDIANA ST Scalps FBS Ball St.! Didn't catch score, but I believe it was greater than a TD win.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 06:35 PM
INDIANA ST Scalps FBS Ball St.! Didn't catch score, but I believe it was greater than a TD win.

27-20

MTfan4life
September 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM

xbawlingxYou just can't let these drama queen things go, can you? Last week, I had 4 Valley teams in my top 10 and 6 in the top 25. My vote counted. I might have 7 in the 25 this week.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:42 PM
43 yard FG for SEMO
21-3 Saluki lead

RabidRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 06:47 PM
Indiana St. will be 2-1, all D-I games, with FBS win, and a P5 (Indiana U) tight game loss. As you looking around the FCS landscape, there aren't many (25 in particular) teams through 3 games with a better resume. If USD & SDSU knock off their respective Big Sky opponents, MVFC will be undefeated in FCS & below play, and will have 2 (if not 3) of the less than 8 FBS scalps this season. I can see having 7 or 8 MVFC teams in the top 25 this upcoming week.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 06:57 PM
SEMO with another FG
SIU 21 SEMO 6

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 07:03 PM
SEMO with a pick 6.
SIU 21 SEMO 13

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 07:10 PM
TD pass to Willis.

SIU 28 SEMO 13

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM
TD pass to Pruitt.
SIU 35 SEMO 13

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Missouri Valley flexing its muscles.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Pass to McRoberts for SEMO
35-20 Saluki lead

BISON Thunder
September 13th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Indiana St. will be 2-1, all D-I games, with FBS win, and a P5 (Indiana U) tight game loss. As you looking around the FCS landscape, there aren't many (25 in particular) teams through 3 games with a better resume. If USD & SDSU knock off their respective Big Sky opponents, MVFC will be undefeated in FCS & below play, and will have 2 (if not 3) of the less than 8 FBS scalps this season. I can see having 7 or 8 MVFC teams in the top 25 this upcoming week.

...this season looks to be a real bloodbath for the MVFC.

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2014, 07:33 PM
SDSU up 7-0 and driving deep in SUU territory.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 07:44 PM
SDSU up 14-0 now

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 08:09 PM
Iannotti throws his fifth TD pass of the game.
SIU 42 SEMO 23

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2014, 08:10 PM
SDSU up 21-0

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Damn SIU is going to be a pain in the ass.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Pruitt catches another TD pass.
SIU 50 SEMO 23 after a 2 point conversion.

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Jacks get INT to start the hlf and get a fg.

SDSU 24-SUU 0

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Misery State leading 35-0 early in the fourth.

Vitojr130
September 13th, 2014, 08:43 PM
If UND keeps doing what UND does best, and SDSU keeps it up, there will be 3 shut-outs of FCS teams in the MVFC today.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 08:50 PM
SIU 50 SEMO 23 final.
Kansas only beat SEMO by 6? They should stick to basketball.

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Missouri State wins 38-0.
7 wins by the Valley so far today.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Score could be a lot worse against SUU.

Defensively SDSU has been spectacular; offensively - meh.

ValleyTalk
September 13th, 2014, 09:14 PM
The only thing that will hold back the MVFC this year will be the bloodbath which is conference play. I have a feeling it could be a bigger mess than last year.

This league looks LEGIT thru 3 weeks.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:15 PM
We should be a 6-7 bid league. Watch us get 2-3 bids again..

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 09:17 PM

3 is the most we've had recently right? I feel like 2012 there was three; NDSU, SDSU, and Illinois State.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 09:19 PM

I'm looking at having at least 7 MVFC teams in my poll....at least.

ST_Lawson
September 13th, 2014, 09:20 PM
3 is the most we've had recently right? I feel like 2012 there was three; NDSU, SDSU, and Illinois State.

We had 4 back in '03.
3 teams made it in '06, '10, and '12

Source (http://www.mvc.org/football/playoffs.pdf)

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 09:21 PM

I think you are right. YSU has been avoided multiple years when on the bubble. We have been the last ones out except for last year. You could argue that UNI easy last out because of how YSU ended the season. Teams with 6 division one wins were picked over Youngstown.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:21 PM
I'm looking at having at least 7 MVFC teams in my poll....at least.
Hell, you can make a case for WIU and SD even if they lose their game.. All MVFC teams deserve to be in the top 25

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Hell, you can make a case for WIU and SD even if they lose their game.. All MVFC teams deserve to be in the top 25
Oh. with how ****ty the Southland looked today, how badly the MVFC is sticking it to the Big Sky, and the CAA not being real impressive when I say at least 7 I'm looking at at better than 50% chance I have all 10 in my poll.

Right now the only MVFC teams I don't have in would be WIU and USD...and depending how USD looks against Montana they could find their way in. WIU has only beaten up on two PL teams so they'd likely be the only team left out, though they played Wisky fairly okay.

JayJ79
September 13th, 2014, 09:25 PM

that's just silly. No conference should ever have 6 bids in a 24 team playoff field.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Also, yes.

I just said Indiana State - whom as recently as 2 weeks ago I called the worst non HBCU D1 scholarship program in America in my top 25...What the hell?

- - - Updated - - -

that's just silly. No conference should ever have 6 bids in a 24 team playoff field.

Why?

If the top 6 teams from that conference are better than everyone else why not?

Based on the OOC right now the MVFC is a minimum of 5 team conference....minimum. The conference is undefeated (USD/Montana hasn't finished yet) against the FCS at something like 14-0

Twentysix
September 13th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Montana vs USD: http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/assets/osmf/StrobeMediaPlayback.swf?src=http://cbsicollege-lh.akamaihd.net/z/459215_mont9CJTD@133856/manifest.f4m?hdcore=2.10.3&autoPlay=true&verbose=true&controlBarAutoHide=true&controlBarPosition=bottom&javascriptCallbackFunction=jsbridge&plugin_hls=assets/osmf/HLSProviderOSMF.swf&f4m=http://cbsicollege-lh.akamaihd.net/z/459215_mont9CJTD@133856/manifest.f4m

feel free to delete after the game is over. Firstrowsports wouldn't work for me so i pulled the feed out of the video.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, yes.

I just said Indiana State - whom as recently as 2 weeks ago I called the worst non HBCU D1 scholarship program in America in my top 25...What the hell?

- - - Updated - - -

Why?

If the top 6 teams from that conference are better than everyone else why not?

The best 24 teams (aside from autobids) should make it, always.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Have you looked at the numbers? There 5 teams in the MVFC that would win at least one multiple bid league..

penguinpower
September 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Have you looked at the numbers? There 5 teams in the MVFC that would win at least one multiple bid league..

Absolutely!

RabidRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 09:29 PM
IF UNI loses to Hawaii, then they'd only have a win over perenial SWAC cellar-dweller. They'd be about the hardest to keep in top 15 BASED ON RESULTS to date (rather than likely future results).

IMHO, UNI will get the W. Felt that way about SELA vs Tulane. Thought Lions would dominate a mediocre Tulane team.

WIU hasn't had a win over any good programs, nor has YSU. USD needs the W vs Montana to get consideration.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 09:30 PM

ISUr and SIU, whom were picked 4th and 6th and in the preseason MVFC poll thrashed the living hell out of OVC title favorite (or top 2) Eastern Illinois.

7th place Missouri State thrashed Big Sky UND and beat Southland Northwestern State and played pretty well against OK State

10th place Indiana State has an FBS win and played god damn well against a second FBS team

WIU/USD are the least impressive teams in the conference so far, and neither has an FCS loss (as of yet).

The MVFC is heads and shoulders above the rest of the FCS right now.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 09:33 PM
SUU is about to score; bummer. I started watching the stream; so of course, SDSU stops performing.

ST_Lawson
September 13th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Oh. with how ****ty the Southland looked today, how badly the MVFC is sticking it to the Big Sky, and the CAA not being real impressive when I say at least 7 I'm looking at at better than 50% chance I have all 10 in my poll.

Right now the only MVFC teams I don't have in would be WIU and USD...and depending how USD looks against Montana they could find their way in. WIU has only beaten up on two PL teams so they'd likely be the only team left out, though they played Wisky fairly okay.

I'd agree with this at this point. We beat Valpo, which doesn't count for anything, and Drake, which lost to an NAIA school and barely beat a Div. II school. We played WI well in the first half...pretty much shut down their running game...then they figured out we couldn't stop the pass and it was all over at that point. So, other than a good half against WI, we haven't really proven ourselves yet. We do well against Northwestern next weekend and then we can maybe be in the discussion for possible top 25 votes...until the meat grinder conference season shows up and we all beat the crap out of each other for a couple of months.

Theee Catrabbit
September 13th, 2014, 09:35 PM
And USD is only down 7-3 at the half........Montana would never have gotten the TD hadn't been for a BS call that extended the drive. Damn.....do I really have to pull for the Yotes?

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:37 PM
And USD is only down 7-3 at the half........Montana would never have gotten the TD hadn't been for a BS call that extended the drive. Damn.....do I really have to pull for the Yotes?
MVFC strong! I am just pulling for the perfect conference record..

skinny_uncle
September 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM

xlolx

Twentysix
September 13th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Lol, Missouri State blanked the ___ 38-0.

Is the MVFC undefeated vs the bigsky atm?

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Lol, Missouri State blanked the ___ 38-0.

Is the MVFC undefeated vs the bigsky atm?
Undefeated vs FCS as a whole.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 09:49 PM
SDSU wins 26-6.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 09:55 PM
USD needs to kick it in gear...

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2014, 10:06 PM
USD needs to kick it in gear...

They just did with a TD. 14-10 Montana with the lead in the Third Qtr.

Sycamore62
September 13th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Is the UNI Hawaii game on broadcast tv? Directv channel?

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Is the UNI Hawaii game on broadcast tv? Directv channel?

Only reliable source to watch the game that I've seen so far...

http://www.themw.com/#!/watch-live#5915

Thumper 76
September 13th, 2014, 10:15 PM
It would be fun to be able to laugh at them for being the only team to lose to the fluffy from the MVFC. So Im happy with any result of this game.

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 10:16 PM
They just did with a TD. 14-10 Montana with the lead in the Third Qtr.

they need to to find some defense though. Montana scores again. 21-10.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:17 PM
they need to to find some defense though. Montana scores again. 21-10.
The griz are playing much much better this week than they have the rest of the season and still barely winning.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2014, 10:28 PM
The griz are playing much much better this week than they have the rest of the season and still barely winning.

I'm feeling very good about next week.

Theee Catrabbit
September 13th, 2014, 10:31 PM
I wish I was as impressed with Montana as these announcers are........

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:33 PM
They are leading the number 8 MVFC team by a touch down and think they have a chance against anyone good in the MVFC. Completely overrated. They should be at most ranked 15th..

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 10:33 PM

Agreed.

But...under the lights...

Did you know the game is under the lights?

It's like they've not played under the lights before?

Anyone get the idea this game was under the lights yet?

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Yotes block a FG. They need to score here!!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Agreed.

Holy ****, I was just coming here to say something. I've only been watching for about 15 minutes but these guys are something else.

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Agreed.

That and they have a thing for Twinkies!

centennial
Montana can't kick lol

Theee Catrabbit
Agreed.

No ****......that's not a tanning machine that's those crazy fans under the lights......

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2014, 10:38 PM
Montana can't kick lol

But they have lights and twinkies.

Theee Catrabbit
September 13th, 2014, 10:39 PM
NDSU blanks Montana next week......sheesh

MTfan4life
September 13th, 2014, 10:39 PM

The Altitude announcers are TERRIBLE. It's awful having to listen to them for Big Sky games, almost as bad as NBC North Dakota.

Theee Catrabbit
September 13th, 2014, 10:40 PM
USD coughs up their chance....

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:41 PM
USD coughs up their chance....
Well that's that. Should have never taken a chance on USD..

mmiller_34
September 13th, 2014, 10:42 PM
15 min until UNI starts.

USD is toast under the lights at WA-Griz. Now they'll give up.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 10:45 PM

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2014, 10:53 PM

Where the heck is the crowd?????

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 10:56 PM

hahaha.

UNI took over 500 in their "official" travel party. Apparently that is more than any team has taken out there in quite some time.

There are a lot of UNI fans that aren't in the "official" part there as well.

RowdyRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 10:57 PM

Seriously. I thought there is attendance requirements FBS teams are supposed to meet?

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Seriously. I thought there is attendance requirements FBS teams are supposed to meet?
Hawaii is a joke. Winning helps however..

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2014, 10:59 PM

Everyone must be at the beach. Holy crap that makes the attendance requirements a joke!

RowdyRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Gotta give USD credit, they're doing far far better than I thought (hoped?) they would.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2014, 11:01 PM
3 turnovers have killed USD....they would be winning if not for them...:(

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2014, 11:02 PM
**** you asshole, 3 time champion

Sycamore62
September 13th, 2014, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Hawaii doesn't get some sort of exemption. I think they may also go off of tickets sold.

I think teams that go to Hawaii to play can actually schedule an extra game too

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Hate to be rude but that one announcer looks like the Revolting Blob in that shirt...

http://www.lobshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/revolting-blob.png

RowdyRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 11:09 PM
It's probably not going out on that big of limb, but I'm going to say UNI rolls Hawaii.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 11:10 PM
I'll watch the first quarter before bed. Tomorrow's the final day of our final golf tournament of the year xembarrassedx

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:10 PM
UNI's OL looked bad on the first series.

That needs to change.

Also, more purple in that stadium than green.

marenlee
September 13th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Hawaii is a joke. Winning helps however..

Hawaii does look much improved than the past few years... We'll see.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Both teams punt on their first posession.

Hawaii plays fast. That could be an issue late in the game if fatigue sets in.

RowdyRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 11:14 PM
Being the live blogger for Hawaii would be a horrible job. I think I would just use numbers, rather than names.

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Both teams punt on their first posession.

Hawaii plays fast. That could be an issue late in the game if fatigue sets in.
UNI not looking like the #1 FCS team for now..

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 13th, 2014, 11:18 PM
Yikes...hi snap and Hawaii scores.

clenz

Shotgun snap over Sawyers head into the endzone and recovered for a TD.

UNI does not look sharp at all.

I feared the travel and fatigue of an 11 PM local time would cause some issues, and it is.

centennial
Hawaii 7-0

RowdyRabbit
OOhh, UNI did their Bronco Superbowl impression.

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Yikes, that was ugly. You don't want Hawaii playing with a lot of emotion. They live off of adrenaline...

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Hawaii is a lot faster than i thought they were

- - - Updated - - -

HUGE PASS DOWN TO THE 5 ON 3RD AND 6

59 YARD PASS FROM SAWYER

saxbison
Big reception for UNI

Bison Fan in NW MN
Big play for UNI

RowdyRabbit
September 13th, 2014, 11:26 PM
Hawaii is a lot faster than i thought they were

- - - Updated - - -

HUGE PASS DOWN TO THE 5 ON 3RD AND 6

59 YARD PASS FROM SAWYER

Agreed, they have been flying around.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:27 PM
How did the not call DJ in there? Damn

3rd and goal from the 2 inch line

- - - Updated - - -

Play under review...I'm pretty sure he got in

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:28 PM
knee never on the ground. DJ rolled into the endzone on top of the Hawaii defender. How the **** they didn't overturn that is complete horse****

centennial
How did the not call DJ in there? Damn

3rd and goal from the 2 inch line

- - - Updated - - -

Play under review...I'm pretty sure he got in
BS call. That was a TD.

skinny_uncle
Yikes, that was ugly. You don't want Hawaii playing with a lot of emotion. They live off of adrenaline...
I thought they might live off pineapples.

saxbison
Little bit of home cookin on that replay.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:29 PM
qb sneak

TD SAWYER!

638 left in the first quarter

Go Lehigh TU owl
September 13th, 2014, 11:30 PM
I haven't seen Norm Chow in a while. He must have aged 20 years in 5.....

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:30 PM
These Hawaii announcers are 10000000000% clueless with anything FCS related...way worse than the ESPN guys.

They are blown away by the size of UNI guys. It's like they assumed FCS players are all 5'5 and 150 pounds

But their island accents makes it more okay somehow

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 11:31 PM
qb sneak

TD SAWYER!

638 left in the first quarter
Create a GDT with the video link so more people can participate..

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:31 PM
I haven't seen Norm Chow in a while. He must have aged 20 years in 5.....

Going 4-26 with only FCS wins (and a win over Army) in your first 26 games as HC will do that...even in Hawaii

Theee Catrabbit
September 13th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Iowa State beating Iowa today should help push the MvFC sagarin up as well.

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 11:39 PM
GDT started for UNI/Hawaii

Sycamore62
September 13th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Being the live blogger for Hawaii would be a horrible job. I think I would just use numbers, rather than names.

Ya but you only have 13 letters in the Hawaiian alphabet

SumItUp
September 13th, 2014, 11:41 PM
Is this game available online?

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Is this game available online?

Houndawg
September 14th, 2014, 03:54 AM

Shotgun snap over Sawyers head into the endzone and recovered for a TD.

UNI does not look sharp at all.

I feared the travel and fatigue of an 11 PM local time would cause some issues, and it is.

Thats why I picked UH too. When a team goes to Hawaii football is not the first priority.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 06:12 AM
Interesting that ISUb wad not mentioned in TSN's round up. They've made a good case to be considered because there were some bad losses.