PDA

View Full Version : Hey TexasTerror

McNeese72
November 1st, 2006, 05:27 PM
Since I still boycott the Katfans board because of something in the past, will you tell your compadres on that board why your player was flagged by one of the refs for unsportsmanlike contact for messing with one of their beanbags.

He wasn't flagged because he picked it up as mentioned on your messageboard. He was flagged because he picked it up and then spiked it right into the ground right in front of one of the refs. I was standing right there on the sideline taking pictures and it happened right in front of me.

Thanks,
Doc

Sam_Kats
November 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
Speaking of penalties, how did the Cowboy faithful feel about this cheap penalty?

http://www.shsu.edu/~stdpss12/stuff/facemask.wmv

Retro
November 1st, 2006, 06:27 PM
That was a stupid penalty by our player.. I can understand grabbing the facemask somewhat accidently, but he held way too long.. Lucky he didn't get kicked out of the game...

patssle
November 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM
he should of been kicked out of the game. i dont care if he was a mcneese player or not, that was just uncalled for.

AggiePride
November 1st, 2006, 07:14 PM
Since I still boycott the Katfans board because of something in the past, will you tell your compadres on that board why your player was flagged by one of the refs for unsportsmanlike contact for messing with one of their beanbags.

He wasn't flagged because he picked it up as mentioned on your messageboard. He was flagged because he picked it up and then spiked it right into the ground right in front of one of the refs. I was standing right there on the sideline taking pictures and it happened right in front of me.

Thanks,
Doc

PM?

McNeese75
November 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM
PM?

You a Mod????

McNeese72
November 1st, 2006, 09:47 PM
PM?

You gotta a problem with my post for some reason???

Doc

bobcatfan06
November 1st, 2006, 09:53 PM
You are an idiot. All your talk about boycotting boards and then you still read them. Guess that's what happens when you get a culinary degree from McNeese.

AggiePride
November 1st, 2006, 10:00 PM
You a Mod????

Are you?

McNeese75
November 1st, 2006, 10:01 PM
You are an idiot. All your talk about boycotting boards and then you still read them. Guess that's what happens when you get a culinary degree from McNeese.

I believe the boycott was from posting on the Cat board because of some of the (insert same word used above) that reside there at times. And who are you to be calling anyone names? :nono:

McNeese75
November 1st, 2006, 10:02 PM
Are you?

Check your PM and find out

bobcatfan06
November 1st, 2006, 10:13 PM
I believe the boycott was from posting on the Cat board because of some of the (insert same word used above) that reside there at times. And who are you to be calling anyone names? :nono:

You people get your feelings hurt way to easy. xlolx It's ok though, the past 3 years have served ya'll well. :thumbsup:

McNeese72
November 2nd, 2006, 07:46 AM

I read both the Bobcatfans and the Katfans boards but I refuse to post on them. Thus I'm boycotting posting on them.

And my McNeese BS degree got me a great DDS degree and I'm doing quite well, thank you.

Doc

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2006, 11:32 AM
You people get your feelings hurt way to easy. xlolx It's ok though, the past 3 years have served ya'll well. :thumbsup:

Ummm Hummm and SWT has one season in the last 20 to talk about. Have you looked at the league standings lately???? xlolx

Spooney-Cat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
That era is slowly changing now that we have a coach that believes in the team and is getting the community involved. This year's SLC race still remains to be seen, but the coming years you will not see a McNeese State Cowboy at the top of the list in football. Bailiff is just starting to get HIS recruits in the mix.

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2006, 02:46 PM
That era is slowly changing now that we have a coach that believes in the team and is getting the community involved. This year's SLC race still remains to be seen, but the coming years you will not see a McNeese State Cowboy at the top of the list in football. Bailiff is just starting to get HIS recruits in the mix.

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/2846359494

Keep drinking Spooney. A month ago half the people on your message board were ready to run Baliff out of town on a rail. You lose a game or two more and it might just happen.

Somehow I think McNeese will be competitive near the top of the conference in the future. There is a lot of parity now and with UCA coming in next year that will just make it more difficult for any team to dominate like the pokes have done in the past.

Actually, you should be ashamed your school has not dominated the conference in football for the last 10 years with your budget, student body size and favorable recruiting location.

Oh yeah, I forgot

http://www.tarleton.edu/students/st_clehman/images/ustar.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :D

Spooney-Cat
November 2nd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Your always going to have people upset about bogus (or what we perceive to be) losses, but that just shows what people expect going forward with this program. A couple years ago, you wouldn't have but a handful truly concerned with what the football program was doing. I think it shows what winning does and how quickly the community will turn around for a winning program and a coach who is involved.

I have no doubt that McNeese will compete near the top, they just won't be THE top. I'm looking forward to the coming years for TxState football, as people are finally putting us on the radar screen. The way the team has gelled with most of them being new to the program, is awesome. By the way, it is a statistical fact that almost 80% of our offfensive production are freshmen and sophmores, not to mention our QB who has a better arm than any QB in the SLC bar none. Yes, being 6'6" helps...

I agree with your last statement about us not being a top contender in the SLC with our size, etc. I blame a lot of that on the AD, and a mixed bag of crappy coaches and Athletic Director's getting NCAA Violations, and continuing with mediocrity. I'm thinking that doesn't help recruiting. Bailiff is the best thing to happen to us since the 80's. UCA will have pretty good turnover this year, and I don't see them finishing in the top 4 in the SLC next year.

That cartoon is in poor taste.

Sorry, getting a little worked up. It's GAME DAY!!!

McNeese72
November 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
Your always going to have people upset about bogus (or what we perceive to be) losses, but that just shows what people expect going forward with this program. A couple years ago, you wouldn't have but a handful truly concerned with what the football program was doing. I think it shows what winning does and how quickly the community will turn around for a winning program and a coach who is involved.

We wouldn't know anything about that! There has been some very unhappy Cowboy fans the last two years. And now it looks like we are finally getting back to Cowboy football.

Isn't that cartoon from your very own University newspaper??

Doc

McNeese75
November 2nd, 2006, 04:50 PM

I have no doubt that McNeese will compete near the top, they just won't be THE top. I'm looking forward to the coming years for TxState football, as people are finally putting us on the radar screen. The way the team has gelled with most of them being new to the program, is awesome. By the way, it is a statistical fact that almost 80% of our offfensive production are freshmen and sophmores, not to mention our QB who has a better arm than any QB in the SLC bar none. Yes, being 6'6" helps...

I agree with your last statement about us not being a top contender in the SLC with our size, etc. I blame a lot of that on the AD, and a mixed bag of crappy coaches and Athletic Director's getting NCAA Violations, and continuing with mediocrity. I'm thinking that doesn't help recruiting. Bailiff is the best thing to happen to us since the 80's. UCA will have pretty good turnover this year, and I don't see them finishing in the top 4 in the SLC next year.

Sorry, getting a little worked up. It's GAME DAY!!!

I do agree the cartoon is in poor taste although it is a little humorous.

McNeese (I think) is the only SLC school to win 3 consecutive titles but I would doubt any team will be able to pull that off again the way things are going these days.

Your QB is NOT a REAL freshman. His age and BB experiece put him way ahead of a true freshman QB (at age 18-19). He is going to be a good one.

Good luck tonight, I plan on watching :)

Spooney-Cat
November 2nd, 2006, 05:03 PM
Yes, unfortunately some moron at our school paper did that comic.

Although our "Freshman" QB is older, he's still a Freshman with mostly freshman and sophmore receivers, backs.
Back-to-back-to-back SLC Champs is very nice.

Thanks for the support. We shut down the running game, and we shut down Nicholls. I hope you enjoy the game.

McNeese72
November 2nd, 2006, 05:27 PM
I'll definitely be watching.

I'm hoping for a close competitive game and nobody getting hurt.

Doc