PDA

View Full Version : It's Cut The Check Weekend For FCS HBCUs

FYI85
September 5th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Payouts for blowouts on deck. Which team has the best chance for a win and which team will take the worst beating?

http://bit.ly/1rP5yy5

woffordgrad94
September 5th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Hey, having big checks cut is good! At least it's not cut the cheese weekend. I think SC State may have the closest game among these They are a good playoff caliber FCS team and they are capable of putting up points on the Clemson D. Realistically, I don't think they can stop Clemson's offense enough to actually spring an upset though. The worst beating may go to Savannah State simply because they are a really terrible program, consistently one of the worst among scholarship FCS teams, and I don't see GSU showing them a lot of mercy.

citdog
September 5th, 2014, 11:19 AM
and I don't see GSU showing them a lot of mercy.

Those Panthers are tough at home in the Georgia Dome............

woffordgrad94
September 5th, 2014, 02:30 PM

They are playing Gerogia Southern, not Georgia State.

citdog
September 5th, 2014, 02:31 PM
They are playing Gerogia Southern, not Georgia State.

GSU is Georgia State not Ga So.

woffordgrad94
September 5th, 2014, 02:34 PM
GSU is Georgia State not Ga So.

Okay, my bad on that. But Savannah State really is playing at Georgia Southern. It will probably be a 70-6 type game.

813Jag
September 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM
it's the crowd noise

Grizalltheway
September 5th, 2014, 03:26 PM
it's the crowd noise

Yeah, all those pin drops can be real distracting.

813Jag
September 5th, 2014, 03:31 PM
Yeah, all those pin drops can be real distracting.
And the buzzing of the scoreboards

clenz
September 7th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Okay, my bad on that. But Savannah State really is playing at Georgia Southern. It will probably be a 70-6 type game.
Not too far off...

83-9 final

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

woffordgrad94
September 7th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Savannah State should drop football. They're perennially, perpetually, pathetic with the pigskin.

FYI85
September 7th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Savannah State should drop football. They're perennially, perpetually, pathetic with the pigskin.
They don't have to drop football, they just need to move down to Division II. It's obvious they are simply using the money they earn by pimping their program to fund a D1 operation that they couldn't afford otherwise.