PDA

View Full Version : Top Three QBs

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2014, 10:40 PM
So getting into an argument on SDSUfans, and was wondering what everyone thoughts were on sho the top three QBs across the division are at this point in the season, or were at the start of the season. Obviously the argument started due to Sumners injury for SDSU, so was curious as to how he would fit into the discussion.

katstrapper
September 4th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I dont know that he is top three QB right now, but I personally think Jared Johnson at Sam Houston will be one of the top QB's in FCS by mid season if not sooner. A big dual threat QB that is already leading FCS in passing yards (708), second in tds (5), fifth in passing yards per game (351.5) while completing 62% of his passes. He will turn some heads this season and only continue to get better in my opinion.

FargoBison
September 4th, 2014, 11:02 PM
Adams(EWU), Nebrich(Fordham) and Bennet(SELA)

Would also consider Robertson(Nova) as well. I would put them all ahead of Sumner.

thebootfitter
September 4th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Ask AlphaGriz. He's got some ideas.

For any discussion of this sort, it's probably wise to define what the parameters are. How are you going to define "top"? Best QB rating? Most yards? Most wins? Stats of any other sort? Or are you going to have a subjective assessment of talent, performance, and potential?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Wentz - NDSU
Ross - CCU
Kollmorgan - UNI

Then
Bennett - SELA
Johnson - Sam Houston
Nebrich - Fordham
Johnson - Montana

lionsrking2
September 4th, 2014, 11:23 PM
I wouldn't trade Bryan Bennett straight up for anyone else.

highlights from last week in a steady downpour ... only played the first half and one series into the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COAEGHoM80g

Thumper 76
September 4th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Ask AlphaGriz. He's got some ideas.

For any discussion of this sort, it's probably wise to define what the parameters are. How are you going to define "top"? Best QB rating? Most yards? Most wins? Stats of any other sort? Or are you going to have a subjective assessment of talent, performance, and potential?

Not so much of just mere stats. I could use the google machine for that.

thebootfitter
September 4th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Wentz - NDSU
Ross - CCU
Kollmorgan - UNI

Then
Bennett - SELA
Johnson - Sam Houston
Nebrich - Fordham
Johnson - Montana
Have you seen Nova's Robertson play? Would you consider him anywhere near the top of the division? (I haven't seen him play. Only have heard things about him.)

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2014, 11:37 PM
Have you seen Nova's Robertson play? Would you consider him anywhere near the top of the division? (I haven't seen him play. Only have heard things about him.)
Nope

I only comment about the QBs I have seen play, live or on TV, heard hes good dont know anything about him so hes not on my list.

HailSzczur
September 4th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Robertson is tough to rank. He's nowhere near a Top 3 passer. But I'd definitely put him in the Top 10 most dominant quarterbacks in the FCS for sure

lionsrking2
September 5th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Robertson is tough to rank. He's nowhere near a Top 3 passer. But I'd definitely put him in the Top 10 most dominant quarterbacks in the FCS for sure

I watched the Syracuse game and was very impressed with his toughness and ability to lead ... great football player, no question about it. EASILY top 10, if not higher.

World
September 5th, 2014, 02:03 AM
agree, but you must add Princeton's Quinn Epperly to this group

Would also consider Robertson(Nova) as well. I would put them all ahead of Sumner.

superman7515
September 5th, 2014, 06:21 AM
I watched the Syracuse game and was very impressed with his toughness and ability to lead ... great football player, no question about it. EASILY top 10, if not higher.

I don't know if he is top three right now, but if he stays healthy, he may be the best QB in the FCS his senior year.

Mattymc727
September 5th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Goldrich may make some strides this year. Hes only a junior but he was the one bright spot from that Toledo game. He also showed some heart in last years run to the playoffs. Hes no Ricky Santos, and I wouldnt put him in the top five, but if he continues to grow like this he will put up big numbers. Goldrich may be in this conversation by November or next summer.

bluehenbillk
September 5th, 2014, 07:32 AM

Would also consider Robertson(Nova) as well.

Yep, tough to beat those 4. Robertson for the all-around.

robsnotes4u
September 5th, 2014, 08:45 AM

agree with those four. Robertson ran a great game last week

Green26
September 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I dont know that he is top three QB right now, but I personally think Jared Johnson at Sam Houston will be one of the top QB's in FCS by mid season if not sooner. A big dual threat QB that is already leading FCS in passing yards (708), second in tds (5), fifth in passing yards per game (351.5) while completing 62% of his passes. He will turn some heads this season and only continue to get better in my opinion.

I didn't think Johnson looked good against EWU. In fact, I thought his inaccurate throwing and the penalties is what allowed EWU to take control and win the game. Maybe he has potential and will be good, but he sure wasn't in that game.

tomq04
September 5th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Johnson will be good!

How can AG put up a list of the top 7 qb's and skip Adams? Really?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Johnson will be good!

Because I have watched him play.

Bad decisions
Jump balls
Poor mechanics

He may be fine for your school but he wouldnt play at UM ever.

TheEagleSHSU
September 5th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Johnson (SHSU) will be good, right now he is not in the Top 5. Let's get into conference and see how he does and if he can hold up before we start crowning him an elite QB. Don't get me wrong, This kid is special. Just needs time to develop a little bit more.

UNIFanSince1983
September 5th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Johnson will be good!

Don't really want to start this again, but AG has Carson Wentz who has played 1 game for NDSU as one of the Top 5 QBs at any level if that tells you anything about his judgement of QBs.

thebootfitter
September 5th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Don't really want to start this again, but AG has Carson Wentz who has played 1 game for NDSU as one of the Top 5 QBs at any level if that tells you anything about his judgement of QBs.
I don't think that does tell us anything conclusive. But within the next few months if Carson proves to be the ginger Jesus that some Bison fans are expecting, maybe it will tell us something about his judgment of QBs.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2014, 04:03 PM

Bookmarked for a very large ITYS................

Grizalltheway
September 5th, 2014, 04:05 PM

Cut him some slack, he's just supporting his team.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Cut him some slack, he's just supporting his team.

See what I mean Rob?

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM

Maybe top 5. He is definitely the Tebow of FCS. Of course most people here won give him the time of day because his team doesn't play for the playoffs. Yesh!

FordhamFan
September 5th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I think it's Bennett, Adams and Nebrich in some order. Those three seem to stand out more than any others on a consistent basis on great teams.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 5th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Eastern isn't a great team.

They have a decent O and no D that us not a great team.

citdog
September 5th, 2014, 09:58 PM
I think it's Bennett, Adams and Nebrich in some order. Those three seem to stand out more than any others on a consistent basis on great teams.

fordham is not a great team.

Green26
September 6th, 2014, 12:58 AM
Johnson will be good!

Alpha hates EWU. A fan or two probably put him in his place once or twice and now he's bitter. Adams is definitely a top qb, maybe at the top. I was a doubter last year, but now I'm a believer. He's not perfect. He makes mistakes. But he keep coming back, and gets after you. The Griz don't play EWU until later in the season, but at this point, I think the Griz will beat EWU. The Griz d-line is the best in FCS. They d-ends are terrific and mobile. The senior will be drafted. I think, actually I hope, they won't let Adams get outside of them this time. Adams is going down in the Montana game this year.

robsnotes4u
September 6th, 2014, 02:11 AM
Alpha hates EWU. A fan or two probably put him in his place once or twice and now he's bitter. Adams is definitely a top qb, maybe at the top. I was a doubter last year, but now I'm a believer. He's not perfect. He makes mistakes. But he keep coming back, and gets after you. The Griz don't play EWU until later in the season, but at this point, I think the Griz will beat EWU. The Griz d-line is the best in FCS. They d-ends are terrific and mobile. The senior will be drafted. I think, actually I hope, they won't let Adams get outside of them this time. Adams is going down in the Montana game this year.

you cant be serious! there is no way you beat EWU right now, even if you have JJ. Second not a chance you have the best DL in FCS, might not even in BSC. The Bison DL's second string is probably better. Time to get out of the past and into the future.

TennBison
September 6th, 2014, 07:24 AM

That's ok, last year most UNI fans thought they deserved to be in the playoffs. Does that tell you anything about their judgement of quality football as it refers to who should be in the playoffs.

Catatonic
September 6th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I wouldn't put him up there in the top 3, or even the top 10, because he has only started one game, but ACU's little sophomore QB Parker McKenzie put up some pretty impressive numbers on the road against GA State--30-40, 403 yards, with 4 TD's and one interception.

He's one to watch for the future, assuming his first outing wasn't a fluke.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2014, 11:01 AM

Nobody puts baby in a corner............

- - - Updated - - -

you cant be serious! there is no way you beat EWU right now, even if you have JJ. Second not a chance you have the best DL in FCS, might not even in BSC. The Bison DL's second string is probably better. Time to get out of the past and into the future.
This!

Nailed it

NoDak 4 Ever
September 6th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Carson Wentz has all the tools to be a great quarterback. He is not in an offense that highlights quarterbacks so he probably won't put up the numbers but you couldn't trade me 2 of those other guys for him.

robsnotes4u
September 6th, 2014, 11:19 AM
Carson Wentz has all the tools to be a great quarterback. He is not in an offense that highlights quarterbacks so he probably won't put up the numbers but you couldn't trade me 2 of those other guys for him.

He looks to have the tools. Throws a beautiful ball

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Go Green
September 6th, 2014, 12:11 PM

So long as the opponent is someone other than Dartmouth, sure.

I know that he's put up ridiculous numbers, but he's looked very average against the Big Green defense.

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Upon further review there isn't a top 3. There is Adams and then there is everyone else.

dudeitsaid
September 6th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Upon further review there isn't a top 3. There is Adams and then there is everyone else.
Yeah...VA sucks.:rolleyes:

BisonFan02
September 6th, 2014, 04:52 PM

I still wouldn't trade Wentz for VA with the system NDSU runs. To each their own. VA is a stud in the EWU offense.

dudeitsaid
September 6th, 2014, 04:56 PM
I still wouldn't trade Wentz for VA with the system NDSU runs. To each their own. VA is a stud in the EWU offense.
I hear ya. For the most part, the top teams all have very good QB's that are a huge part of the identity of their teams. I think many of the fans of the top 10 would say that. I've seen several other QBs play, and there are quite a few that are outstanding in their offensive styles and in their own way.

BisonFan02
September 6th, 2014, 05:01 PM
I hear ya. For the most part, the top teams all have very good QB's that are a huge part of the identity of their teams. I think many of the fans of the top 10 would say that. I've seen several other QBs play, and there are quite a few that are outstanding in their offensive styles and in their own way.

Agree completely. That's why I never really understand these convos sometimes unless there is some type of "guideline". Are we talking passing stats....wins....efficiency...etc. Brock Jensen vs. Vernon Adams...etc. Its all subjective in my opinion.

Red & Black
September 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I guess I'm a homer, but there's nobody in the FCS that's even in the same area code as Adams, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
September 6th, 2014, 06:33 PM

I'd like to see Wentz in that system

World
September 7th, 2014, 01:10 AM

Well, I guess if I had to see a live EW game on that red carpet for three hours, I'd be rolling my eyes also!

kalm
September 7th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Well, I guess if I had to see a live EW game on that red carpet for three hours, I'd be rolling my eyes also!

1) Ha! Good one! Never heard it before! You must be from the Ivy League to be that clever!

2) The inferno is even more spectacular in person!

tomq04
September 7th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Home games are an awful lot of fun in Cheney.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I guess I'm a homer, but there's nobody in the FCS that's even in the same area code as Adams, IMO.

Johnson would put up similar numbers in that system, methinks.

Nova09
September 7th, 2014, 12:24 PM
I would expect ndsu fans to appreciate Robertson more. They would be unstoppable with him controlling long drives. Of course from their perspective their unstoppable anyway, but Robertson would definitely be an improvement over wentz and it the system.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Johnson would put up similar numbers in that system, methinks.

He'd certainly put up bigger numbers in a spread offense than he does in Montana's pro-style offense.

That said, what makes Adams so deadly in EWU's spread is his mobility and ability to throw on the run. People will say that the reason he puts up such big numbers is because of EWU's offensive system. Partly true, but you still need the QB to make that system work. EWU has always had great QB's and has always put up huge numbers on offense, but Adams is special. He just has that "it". Mobile, incredibly accurate on the move, but this year is more comfortable sitting in the pocket as well. You saw that in the second half of the UW game when he was cramping bad and had to sit in the pocket because he couldn't run.

I didn't think he could get much better than last year, but he has matured as a QB, and I actually think this year he will break the 55 TD's and 5,000 yards he threw for last season.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Johnson can do all of those things as well or better than Adams.

Rjones61
September 7th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Johnson is good. That said...

No.

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Yes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2014, 01:32 PM

The JJ of '12...yes, but not so far this year.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2014, 01:33 PM

Strongly disagree. And that's in no way a knock on JJ. JJ is mobile, but he doesn't have Adams escapability, nor is he as accurate on the move. He also doesn't have the same type of arm strength.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Strongly disagree. And that's in no way a knock on JJ. JJ is mobile, but he doesn't have Adams escapability, nor is he as accurate on the move. He also doesn't have the same type of arm strength.

VA is one heck of a football player. Those 4 & 5 WRs sets must give DCs heart trouble...xnodx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
He'd certainly put up bigger numbers in a spread offense than he does in Montana's pro-style offense.

That said, what makes Adams so deadly in EWU's spread is his mobility and ability to throw on the run. People will say that the reason he puts up such big numbers is because of EWU's offensive system. Partly true, but you still need the QB to make that system work. EWU has always had great QB's and has always put up huge numbers on offense, but Adams is special. He just has that "it". Mobile, incredibly accurate on the move, but this year is more comfortable sitting in the pocket as well. You saw that in the second half of the UW game when he was cramping bad and had to sit in the pocket because he couldn't run.

I didn't think he could get much better than last year, but he has matured as a QB, and I actually think this year he will break the 55 TD's and 5,000 yards he threw for last season.

Tell Shoota to take these.............
http://www.addictedtosaving.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/free5.jpg
Im sure hes used to it

Grizalltheway
September 7th, 2014, 03:44 PM

Good Lord, what QB have you been watching for the last two years?

Red & Black
September 7th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Good Lord, what QB have you been watching for the last two years?The past two years, or the one in 2011? If you're talking about the one I watched in 2011, then you have a slight case. If you're talking about the one I watched last season and in the Wyoming game, then it's not even close.

Rjones61
September 7th, 2014, 05:22 PM
The past two years, or the one in 2011? If you're talking about the one I watched in 2011, then you have a slight case. If you're talking about the one I watched last season and in the Wyoming game, then it's not even close.

Seriously. Everyone knows Vernon is better than Johnson except for Griz fans. Homer glasses, I suppose.

citdog
September 7th, 2014, 05:33 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/OS-RB-goZqk/hqdefault.jpg

Red & Black
September 7th, 2014, 06:21 PM

But can he fly?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eastern+Washington+v+Washington+rl7YmMBm7eGl.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 7th, 2014, 06:47 PM
No ball protection.........what an idiot. SMFH

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2014, 07:02 PM
But can he fly?

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Eastern+Washington+v+Washington+rl7YmMBm7eGl.jpg

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-06-2014/ma8dEB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/SeVa1J6.jpg

Red & Black
September 7th, 2014, 07:06 PM
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/9-06-2014/ma8dEB.gif

http://i.imgur.com/SeVa1J6.jpg

Touche', good Sir. xnodx

I see you and raise you this one.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/017311da4f7c2ccb8cf0de4c26e67748.gif

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Touche', good Sir. xnodx

I see you and raise you this one.

http://gifsforum.com/images_new/gif/other/grand/017311da4f7c2ccb8cf0de4c26e67748.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ91cUbGnE

Fullback Andrew Bonnet - 6'3" 250 lbs

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Bonet is a frickin animal. He just crushes LBers and DEs with his blocks!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 7th, 2014, 07:29 PM
Also, who needs to fly when you're 6' 6"? You just stand there.

underdawg
September 7th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Nice tapes of QB's showing they can jump over some tackle attempts--but I would not recommend that any QB try that too often unless they want to be put out for the whole season

Cleets
September 7th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Watching Griz fans compare Johnson to Adams is hilarious...
Johnson appears to have regressed and Adams keeps getting better - this will be an interesting season in the Big Sky

dudeitsaid
September 8th, 2014, 12:47 AM
People can critique Vernon Adams all they want. He's not perfect. But he's a heck of a player, heck of a leader, and though he may be a bit flashy, he doesn't have the arrogance many people think he does because of what they see. In numerous interviews I've heard and read by VA, he has constantly shown an incredible level of humility and maturity. Hate if you want, but he is a great QB in the FCS, and quite possible the best of many great QB's to ever play at EWU. I love what Cooper Kupp, an undeniably great player says in this article:

From the Seattle Times article at http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2024481316_uwfootballsidebar07xml.html

“He leads us,” said EWU receiver Cooper Kupp, who had eight catches for 145 yards and three touchdowns. “He’s out there cramping. He’s fighting. He’s got oxygen on the side. He’s grabbing his hamstring. He’s stretching between plays. He’s a warrior.
“That’s why we follow him. He’s got everyone’s back. We got his back. Having that type of mentality as a leader, that winning attitude and that passion, that trickles down to everyone. We want to be there for him because we know he’ll be there for us.”

I couldn't be happier to have him playing for the Eagles. And if he never earns AG1's respect, who gives a flying rip. Neither has the team he supposedly is a "fan" of, or most of the supporters of that team. It won't change a thing as he and the Eagles take down the Griz again, and the other teams they play this year.

Who knows who the best QB truly is, or if that could be accurately quantified. VA just might put up the best stats, but for some different styles of play, I have to say that Robertson and Bennett have both been quite impressive. I'm sure some of the other big names these days are great too, but watching those two, especially Robertson vs 'Cuse, that was impressive.

lionsrking2
September 8th, 2014, 01:15 AM
People can critique Vernon Adams all they want. He's not perfect. But he's a heck of a player, heck of a leader, and though he may be a bit flashy, he doesn't have the arrogance many people think he does because of what they see. In numerous interviews I've heard and read by VA, he has constantly shown an incredible level of humility and maturity. Hate if you want, but he is a great QB in the FCS, and quite possible the best of many great QB's to ever play at EWU. I love what Cooper Kupp, an undeniably great player says in this article:

From the Seattle Times article at http://seattletimes.com/html/huskyfootball/2024481316_uwfootballsidebar07xml.html

I couldn't be happier to have him playing for the Eagles. And if he never earns AG1's respect, who gives a flying rip. Neither has the team he supposedly is a "fan" of, or most of the supporters of that team. It won't change a thing as he and the Eagles take down the Griz again, and the other teams they play this year.

Who knows who the best QB truly is, or if that could be accurately quantified. VA just might put up the best stats, but for some different styles of play, I have to say that Robertson and Bennett have both been quite impressive. I'm sure some of the other big names these days are great too, but watching those two, especially Robertson vs 'Cuse, that was impressive.

Not sure why some are obsessed with who is "best." Some guys are better fits for certain systems than others, but at the end of the day, there are usually groupings of QBs who are capable of playing at certain levels. Guys like Bennett, Adams, Robertson, and maybe a few more, are capable elevating teams and winning games in multiple ways. Hard to say one is "best" without them test driving each other's offense. Obviously Adams will win the stat battle due to the nature of EWU's offense. I'm sure Eagle fans wouldn't trade him for anybody else and I know we wouldn't trade Bennett. I'm sure Nova is glad Robertson is on their team ... and so on.

Walkon79
September 10th, 2014, 12:17 AM
Home games are an awful lot of fun in Cheney.

With your 10,000?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

kalm
September 10th, 2014, 05:37 AM
With your 10,000?

Winning more than one playoff game helps too.

Grizalltheway
September 10th, 2014, 06:57 AM
I think he was referring to how many yards you racked up against them last year.

kalm
September 10th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I think he was referring to how many yards you racked up against them last year.

BABAMM!

Red & Black
September 12th, 2014, 08:10 PM
With your 10,000?

I'll take our 10,000 along with our Big Sky championships and deep runs in the playoffs. Also, I remember when literally nobody went to MSU games, so not so sure I'd be talking attendance smack at this juncture.

robsnotes4u
September 12th, 2014, 10:31 PM
all i can say after talking to an ex-griz player today is, are you kidding me? 7 touchdown passes against a pac-12 team. crazy. will he throw 10 against the griz or cats?

yes, he is that good

Red & Black
September 13th, 2014, 05:59 AM
all i can say after talking to an ex-griz player today is, are you kidding me? 7 touchdown passes against a pac-12 team. crazy. will he throw 10 against the griz or cats?

yes, he is that good

Really doubtful, IMO. You see some of those gawdy stats against a P5 team because the running game isn't there as much, although we were able to run reasonably well even in the UW game. My guess is the offense will look a little more balanced come BSC play and you're not going to see him throwing 6 or 7 TD's a game. Unless, of course, we're behind.

Mr. C
September 13th, 2014, 12:51 PM
One of the best QBs in the country hasn't even been mentioned yet, Quinn Epperly of Princeton. I watched him break the NCAA All-Division consecutive completion record that I had previously seen Appalachian State's Richie Williams break in 2004 against Furman. My personal pick for No. 1, all-around, is John Robertson of Villanova. I thought Robertson was one of the top two players I watched in person last season, surpassed only by RB Terrance West of Towson. My top-five picks would also include Michael Nebrich of Fordham, Bryan Bennett of Southeastern Louisiana and Vernon Adams of Eastern Washington.

World
September 13th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Here you go:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?159261-Top-Three-QBs&p=2137806&viewfull=1#post2137806

One of the best QBs in the country hasn't even been mentioned yet, Quinn Epperly of Princeton. I watched him break the NCAA All-Division consecutive completion record that I had previously seen Appalachian State's Richie Williams break in 2004 against Furman. My personal pick for No. 1, all-around, is John Robertson of Villanova. I thought Robertson was one of the top two players I watched in person last season, surpassed only by RB Terrance West of Towson. My top-five picks would also include Michael Nebrich of Fordham, Bryan Bennett of Southeastern Louisiana and Vernon Adams of Eastern Washington.

TheEagleSHSU
September 15th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Johnson (SHSU) will be good, right now he is not in the Top 5. Let's get into conference and see how he does and if he can hold up before we start crowning him an elite QB. Don't get me wrong, This kid is special. Just needs time to develop a little bit more.

I would like to take time and eat a little crow on SHSU QB #15 JJ, This scheme does not fit him. I previously thought that with a few games under his belt he would improve, However this is not the case as my evidence is Saturday's game. I will leave the door open for him to impress me but for now SHSU may only win 3 more games this year. Can't believe this happened only 2 years removed from back to back NC games.

frozennorth
September 15th, 2014, 06:07 PM
The fact that NDSU people can make a credible case that their starter of three games belongs in the conversation ought to scare the crap out of everyone.

kalm
September 15th, 2014, 06:42 PM
The fact that NDSU people can make a credible case that their starter of three games belongs in the conversation ought to scare the crap out of everyone.

Not really.

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 06:52 PM

He threw 2 picks against an awful Weber defense. Johnson has only thrown five since the start of last season.

Red & Black
September 15th, 2014, 08:47 PM
He threw 2 picks against an awful Weber defense. Johnson has only thrown five since the start of last season.

And there's another guy who's thrown 16 TD's to only one INT in 3 games.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 10:44 PM
And there's another guy who's thrown 16 TD's to only one INT in 3 games.

Against SHSU, Montana Western and a **** PAC12 team.................dont be offended if we all dont care to much.

Red & Black
September 15th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Against SHSU, Montana Western and a **** PAC12 team.................dont be offended if we all dont care to much.

Well, that **** Pac-12 team went 9-4 and won a bowl game last season, and he threw for 475 yards and 7 TD's on them. I don't care who your team is, that's impressive.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Cool story

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2014, 06:46 AM

I'll take a game manager/leader who wins to a flashy QB with gawdy stats. Brock Jensen just won and I think Carson having the benefit of seeing how it was done without having to be a guy who throws for 500 yards a game and get 10 td's a game understands what it takes to win. Yeah he had a bad game against Weber but we still won. I think he'll be just fine.

Houndawg
September 16th, 2014, 07:16 AM
So getting into an argument on SDSUfans, and was wondering what everyone thoughts were on sho the top three QBs across the division are at this point in the season, or were at the start of the season. Obviously the argument started due to Sumners injury for SDSU, so was curious as to how he would fit into the discussion.

Marc Ianotti has thrown 10 TDs in three games for a run-first team and has the second best completion % in FCS. If he plays well against Purdue he'll be a name worthy of consideration.

Bisonator
September 16th, 2014, 09:05 AM

Pump the brakes people....

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Pump the brakes people....
^^^This^^^
Carson can do just like Brock did. Just be a good game manager.

Grizalltheway
September 16th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I'll take a game manager/leader who wins to a flashy QB with gawdy stats. Brock Jensen just won and I think Carson having the benefit of seeing how it was done without having to be a guy who throws for 500 yards a game and get 10 td's a game understands what it takes to win. Yeah he had a bad game against Weber but we still won. I think he'll be just fine.

Well, part of managing the game is not turning the ball over, and Johnson very rarely does that.
He has the talent to put up gaudy numbers, but doesn't play in an offense that lends itself to that.

I agree that NDSU doesn't need an all-world QB to be successful, and that's a great luxury to have. xthumbsupx