PDA

View Full Version : Yale-Harvard will be televised

bulldog10jw
September 3rd, 2014, 08:56 PM
http://portal31nhr.blogspot.com/

Four Yale football games will be televised this season.

Fox College Sports will broadcast Army at Yale at 1 p.m. on Sept. 27 and Yale at Brown at 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 8. The NBC Sports Network will broadcast Penn at Yale at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 25 and The Game, Yale at Harvard, at 12:30 p.m. on Nov. 22.

RichH2
September 3rd, 2014, 09:40 PM
Congrats.

Go Green
September 3rd, 2014, 09:51 PM
Army and Harvard I can understand.

Less clear is why Yale wants to televise the Brown and Penn games. Princeton and Dartmouth are expected to be better teams.

My best guess is that Yale is already showing two projected losses on TV with Army and Harvard. They don't want to show four.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 09:54 PM
Yale is a good darkhorse but yes Dartmouth has a better chance to to win the Ivy.

My top must see Ivy games this year are:

1) Harvard-Princeton
2) Princeton-Dartmouth
3) Dartmouth-Harvard

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 06:07 AM
My best guess is that Yale is already showing two projected losses on TV with Army and Harvard. They don't want to show four.

Maybe you're right, but I doubt it.

It's much more likely that Fox College Sports and NBC Sports Network had games they either preferred to show, or had to show by contract, on the days of the Yale-Dartmouth and Yale-Princeton games.

BEAR
September 4th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Man I so want to go to that game! Talk about HISTORY!

PAllen
September 4th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Man I so want to go to that game! Talk about HISTORY!

Ummm, 150. Just sayin'.

Save H-Y for next year.

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Ummm, 150. Just sayin'.

Save H-Y for next year.

Maybe he was talking about Yale-Army

TheDHC
September 4th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Is Princeton still gonna run a single wing offense with 3 QBs in the back (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/princeton-successfully-runs-formation-three-quarterbacks-field-once-144340544--ncaaf.html)? That was fun to watch.xcoolx

PAllen
September 4th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Maybe he was talking about Yale-Army

Now that would be a fun game to go see. Any idea about ticket sales at this point? Is a sellout at the bowl expected?

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Now that would be a fun game to go see. Any idea about ticket sales at this point? Is a sellout at the bowl expected?

Sellouts, I'm afraid are a thing of the past, even for Harvard.

I think a crowd of 25,000-30,000 for Army would be considered a great crowd.

My guess is 20,000 or so. Bad weather and it could just be the Corps of Cadets in attendance.

2ram
September 4th, 2014, 10:50 AM
i think harvard yale would be cool to see.

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 10:53 AM
i think harvard yale would be cool to see.

As long as the game is in New Haven, there would be no problem getting tickets.

Games in Harvard Stadium will still sell out.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 4th, 2014, 10:54 AM
THANK GOD!

I am playing golf when that game is on..................xcoffeex

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 11:23 AM
THANK GOD!

I am playing golf when that game is on..................xcoffeex

Thanks for your support. Always nice to hear from real fans. xthumbsupxxnodx

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2014, 01:37 PM
Sadly I'll never see a Harvard-Yale game in person... the real rivalry game is that same weekend, and I have a streak to maintain! Maybe when we go D-3

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Sadly I'll never see a Harvard-Yale game in person... the real rivalry game is that same weekend, and I have a streak to maintain! Maybe when we go D-3

And sadly, I'll never see a LC-LU game in person

Go Green
September 4th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Sadly I'll never see a Harvard-Yale game in person... the real rivalry game is that same weekend,

Similar boat here.

Dartmouth-Princeton is played same day as H-Y. No way I'm missing that. :)

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2014, 03:23 PM
What is sad is: If you occasionally moved one or the other to Friday night, you'd not only allow for Leh/Laf freaks to see Harvard/Yale (or vice versa), but you'd probably get other Ivy, Patriot people to just attend the game to see what it's about. I bet if you moved it to a Friday 8PM kickoff you'd see attendance go up dramatically.

Of course for Leh/Laf that's not a big issue, as we sell out every year :)

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2014, 04:02 PM
What is sad is: If you occasionally moved one or the other to Friday night, you'd not only allow for Leh/Laf freaks to see Harvard/Yale (or vice versa), but you'd probably get other Ivy, Patriot people to just attend the game to see what it's about. I bet if you moved it to a Friday 8PM kickoff you'd see attendance go up dramatically.

Of course for Leh/Laf that's not a big issue, as we sell out every year :)

Not so sure about that: there are maybe only a few hundred hard core fans who would do both games like that.

Friday at 8pm would be a bad time. The whole point of having it on Saturday is to enable the game to become a festival/reunion. You are thinking like a TV executive. At best, if you did H-Y at noon and Laf-Lehigh at 8pm, then yeah hard core fans could do both, provided the game is in New Haven. You could almost do it this year.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Not so sure about that: there are maybe only a few hundred hard core fans who would do both games like that.

Friday at 8pm would be a bad time. The whole point of having it on Saturday is to enable the game to become a festival/reunion. You are thinking like a TV executive. At best, if you did H-Y at noon and Laf-Lehigh at 8pm, then yeah hard core fans could do both, provided the game is in New Haven. You could almost do it this year.

Yeah. Also, though, I think not a few other Ivy League football fans would also go, too. Think Brown, Columbia, Princeton - these are not outlandish trips for them for something like The Game. I think a lot of them would attend.

Ivytalk
September 4th, 2014, 06:50 PM
Sellouts, I'm afraid are a thing of the past, even for Harvard.

I think a crowd of 25,000-30,000 for Army would be considered a great crowd.

My guess is 20,000 or so. Bad weather and it could just be the Corps of Cadets in attendance.

Harvard-Yale in Cambridge usually still sells out, but its stadium is far smaller. At the Bowl, H-Y hasn't broken 60k in a long time. But The Game is almost always televised.

PAllen
September 4th, 2014, 07:22 PM
And sadly, I'll never see a LC-LU game in person

There's always a chance of a playoff game.

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 07:28 PM
There's always a chance of a playoff game.

That would be a real long shot, wouldn't it?

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2014, 09:03 PM
That would be a real long shot, wouldn't it?

It was plausible in 2004... would have been a Final Four game... and 150 would have been last year!

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Harvard-Yale in Cambridge usually still sells out, but its stadium is far smaller. At the Bowl, H-Y hasn't broken 60k in a long time. But The Game is almost always televised.

You must be laughing at us for being excited about a 49,000 seat sellout and thinking it's a big deal.

bulldog10jw
September 4th, 2014, 09:16 PM
You must be laughing at us for being excited about a 49,000 seat sellout and thinking it's a big deal.

It is a big deal

Ivytalk
September 5th, 2014, 06:52 AM

Not at all. I agree with bulldog.

bulldog10jw
September 5th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Just found out that DIRECTV does not carry Fox College Sports.

If DIRECTV doesn't carry it, who does?

pokefan02
September 8th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Fox College Sports channels 608, 608-1, and 608-2 on DirecTv

Sent from my HTC M8

bulldog10jw
September 8th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Fox College Sports channels 608, 608-1, and 608-2 on DirecTv

Sent from my HTC M8

Thank you

When I sent an e-mail to DIRECTV asking which channels for Fox College Sports they sent me an e-mail back saying, we don't currently carry Fox College Sports, but we forwarded your e-mail to management as they are always looking for suggestions.

PAllen
September 8th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Thank you

When I sent an e-mail to DIRECTV asking which channels for Fox College Sports they sent me an e-mail back saying, we don't currently carry Fox College Sports, but we forwarded your e-mail to management as they are always looking for suggestions.

So your customer service rep from India was reading off of the wrong script.

pokefan02
September 8th, 2014, 12:35 PM
To be honest, DirecTV does not technically carry Fox College Sports but they do carry the games on Fox College Sports

Sent from my HTC M8