PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling, FCS-West Style

kalm
September 2nd, 2014, 06:44 AM
Reading Jalmond's weekly Big Sky preview, one thing that stands out is the amount of out of conference scheduling occurring between the MVFC, SLC, and BSC. This week, Weber hosts NDSU, SUU travels to SELA, and Poly plays at SDSU. With Eastern already hosting SHSU, that makes 4 ranked OOC opponents for the BSC.

Next week, SDSU comes out to play SUU, CAU is at Montana State, North Dakota hosts Missouri State, and South Dakato is at Montana.

The following week, Montana is at NDSU, UNC is at UNI, and Weber goes to SFA.

I know EWU has home and homes with both UNI and NDSU coming up the next few years.

I remember the days when finding OOC FCS games was very rare for BSC teams and they frequently settled for 2 FBS and a play down game or more recently played non-conference games agains other BSC schools. I think this is a really healthy development seeing more OOC games between power conferences and ranked teams.

Kudo's to these three conferences. xnodx

darell1976
September 2nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
Reading Jalmond's weekly Big Sky preview, one thing that stands out is the amount of out of conference scheduling occurring between the MVFC, SLC, and BSC. This week, Weber hosts NDSU, SUU travels to SELA, and Poly plays at SDSU. With Eastern already hosting SHSU, that makes 4 ranked OOC opponents for the BSC.

Next week, SDSU comes out to play SUU, CAU is at Montana State, North Dakota hosts Missouri State, and South Dakato is at Montana.

I know EWU has home and homes with both UNI and NDSU coming up the next few years.

I remember the days when finding OOC FCS games was very rare for BSC teams and they frequently settled for 2 FBS and a play down game or more recently played non-conference games agains other BSC schools. I think this is a really healthy development seeing more OOC games between power conferences and ranked teams.

Actually next week UND is at Missouri St for the beginning of the home and home. UND has a H/H with South Dakota starting in 2016, and of course the 2 games at NDSU in '15 and '19. I hope to see more of the other Dakota 3 along with other MVFC teams.

clenz
September 2nd, 2014, 08:58 AM
UNI has H/H with EWU 15/16 and Cal Poly 15/17

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2014, 09:44 AM
Alright....lets be real here. We shouldn't count these games until they are played because of buyout clauses (too soon?) :D

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2014, 09:46 AM
Alright....lets be real here. We shouldn't count these games until they are played because of buyout clauses (too soon?) :D

No, it's definitely not too soon for you to get over it. xcoolx

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2014, 09:59 AM
No, it's definitely not too soon for you to get over it. xcoolx

Never forget! xrotatehx

centennial
September 2nd, 2014, 11:07 AM

I think more than great scheduling. Upper FCS teams are trying to play each other to have better scheduling + rates for getting a pay game have gone up significantly. NDSU pays over 150k+ to D2 and 250k+ for buying home games. A home-home is much more economical. I have a feeling the noose around lower FCS conferences is going to get tighter as FBS looks more at SOS and the upper FCS schedules home-home instead of paying the extortion money.

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Wait...NDSU pays DII teams more than they paid UN_ to come here? Hot damn.

darell1976
September 2nd, 2014, 02:25 PM
Wait...NDSU pays DII teams more than they paid UN_ to come here? Hot damn.

UND is getting paid 120k for a tank of gas and a cherry limeade at the new Fargo Sonic next year, sounds like a good deal.

GetEmGriz
September 2nd, 2014, 02:26 PM
Never forget! xrotatehx

What I wanna know is who will be the first one to suggest a new home-and-home... NDSU or Montana State?xpopcornx

We know how long NDSU can hold a grudge, just look at what happened with UND! xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 2nd, 2014, 02:28 PM
What I wanna know is who will be the first one to suggest a new home-and-home... NDSU or Montana State?xpopcornx

We know how long NDSU can hold a grudge, just look at what happened with UND! xlolx

Since NDSU needs neither, probably when they accept 2 games in Fargo at 125k a piece.

It's good to be the king.

SDFS
September 2nd, 2014, 05:22 PM

Actually, I think the worst scheduling deal would be the 2 for 1 between SDSU and Montana.. SDSU went on the road for the first two and then Montana sent a 100K check for the return game buyout.

IBleedYellow
September 2nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Actually, I think the worst scheduling deal would be the 2 or 1 between SDSU and Montana.. SDSU went on the road for the first two and then Montana sent a 100K check for the return game buy out.

Gotta make sure to have the larger buyouts, and I notice that they keep getting larger for NDSU.

Thumper 76
September 2nd, 2014, 08:41 PM
Actually, I think the worst scheduling deal would be the 2 or 1 between SDSU and Montana.. SDSU went on the road for the first two and then Montana sent a 100K check for the return game buy out.

And yet, somehow, we have managed to let that go...

Grizalltheway
September 3rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
And yet, somehow, we have managed to let that go...

But as for the game in '09...xrotatehx

Thumper 76
September 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
But as for the game in '09...xrotatehx

I believe you have your facts mixed up sir, no game happened in '09, certainly not one I will ever acknowledge as having happend anyways.