PDA

View Full Version : Montana Griz at NDSU Bison activities

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2014, 01:46 PM
Alright. I'm starting this thread so that we can start a list of places you guys need to get to in Fargo.

Starting it off:
Lucky 13
JL Beers
Spitfire Grill
Chubs Pub
Bison Turf

There are many more that other Bison can add to. Looking forward to this weekend.

BisonFan02
September 1st, 2014, 01:49 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3493433/so-many-activities-o.gif

Hammersmith
September 1st, 2014, 01:49 PM
Alright. I'm starting this thread so that we can start a list of places you guys need to get to in Fargo.

Starting it off:
Lucky 13
JL Beers (4 FM locations)
Spitfire Grill
Chubs Pub
Bison Turf

There are many more that other Bison can add to. Looking forward to this weekend.

Just wanted to add that bit in case people started looking up addresses and got confused.

And how can you forget the most important place to go:

Sonic

(that was a bit of an inside joke for those of us from Fargo)

FargoBison
September 1st, 2014, 01:58 PM
Rhombus guys or Blackbird in Fargo for pizza. Both are downtown.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2014, 02:43 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/3493433/so-many-activities-o.gif

That is the hardest I've laughed on this site in many years...Grizo and his picture posting problem night is now in spot number two.

Holy balls that was perfectly timed and placed. God damn.

Hammersmith
September 1st, 2014, 03:20 PM
Let's do this right. If you are coming to Fargo for the first time, you have three main choices of where to stay. You can stay in north Fargo near the Fargodome, downtown Fargo, or near our 13th Ave retail corridor. It depends on what you want to do while you're here and how long you plan to stay.

If you plan to come for the game and leave right after(esp if traveling by air), then staying near the FD is the way to go. Airport is right there. Hotel choices are limited, but there are three within walking distance of the FD. Food & beverage choices are also limited. Applebee's, BWW, & fast food make up most of the list. There's a decent local sports bar named Labby's and the Bison Turf isn't all that far away(SE corner of campus). A few former Bison athletes have announced plans for an upscale sports bar on the south edge of campus, but that won't be open for another year. Other than the game, there's really nothing else to do in this part of town. Maybe tour the NDSU campus if that interests you.

If you enjoy nightlife and have a little money to spend, downtown Fargo is where you want to go. The best hotels are down there as well as the best eating and drinking locations. Hotel-wise, the problem downtown is that there's not all that much middle ground. You go from fantastic to dive with very little in between. For food & drink, this is where most of the non-chain places are(Fargoans love chains). Rhombus and Blackbird for high-end pizza, Sammy's for low-end, Jade Dragon for Vietnamese/Chinese, Thai Orchid, Wasabi for sushi, Juano's(higher-end Mexican), JL Beers for burgers, Toscana for Italian, Beefsteak Club for high-end steaks(heard mixed reviews), Drunken Noodle for cheap pasta(soak up all that extra booze), and Hotel Donaldson, Boiler Room & D'vine for trendy. Also Mezzaluna and Monte's Downtown for fine dining.

For booze, there are tons of places(what can I say, we love our booze). Most of the above list serve drinks, but there are several more that are bar-only or bar-focused. HoDo for trendy/hip, Dempsey's Public House(Irish pub), Wurst Bier Hall(German beer & sausages), and a bunch of other more standard types of bars(Old Broadway, Sports Bar, Fort Noks, Rooters). Chub's is a local college favorite about halfway between campus and downtown. You might also like to stop by the Fargo Brewing Company. They don't have a full bar or food, but they offer tours of the brewery and have a tap room. Check for hours.

If you're coming with a family and want to stay somewhere with lots to do, then you probably want to consider the 13th Ave retail corridor. It's based around West Acres, our shopping mall. Tons and tons of hotels in the area and most every chain food and drink location you can think of. Lots of chain shopping locations as well, both in the mall and in numerous stores and strip malls in the area. For sports fans, stop by Scheels All Sports on 45th St just south of 13th Ave. The best way to get a feel of this area is to pull up Google Maps and look around. The trampoline center won't be ready by the Montana game, but the two main movie theaters are in this part of town(10 & 14 screens). There is also a go-kart/mini golf place on I-29 about two miles south off 32nd Ave called Thunder Road.

Others will chime in with stuff I missed.

Some websites:
http://www.downtownfargo.com/
http://www.fargomoorhead.org/

Thundar
September 1st, 2014, 03:34 PM
im assuming its it's going to be nuts with people, downtown will be crazy Friday night

a cab ride from 13th Ave area to downtown with a carload is going to be $18-25 so not bad

semobison
September 1st, 2014, 03:56 PM
If you like dives with cheap strong drinks don't forget the downtown Empire Bar... And, the best part is, when the trains go by the whole place shakes and it mixes your drink!

Twentysix
September 1st, 2014, 04:05 PM
I am fairly certain john alexanders has bankrupted/closed and is being replaced by a new fine dining establishment. Also it was terrible.

Hammersmith
September 1st, 2014, 04:13 PM
I am fairly certain john alexanders has bankrupted/closed and is being replaced by a new fine dining establishment. Also it was terrible.

Thanks, I had forgotten the change and was using the downtown Fargo website for info. They didn't close, but the owners "moved" the restaurant to Juano's. It's now a combined menu. From their website, it seems to be more Juano's during the day and early evening, then shifts more to JA's martini bar theme at night. Post edited.

Professor Chaos
September 1st, 2014, 04:40 PM
I'd add Shotgun Sally's to the mix. Its a newly remodeled place on the south side of Fargo near I94 on 42nd St S (across the street from West Acres mall). They have an awesome outdoor patio with a bar and live music most nights including some sweet NDSU fire pits. Its a ways from the dome so would be best for the night before or a place to relax away from the crowds right after the game.

DJKyR0
September 1st, 2014, 09:36 PM
The Northern gentlemens' club. No real explanation needed.

frozennorth
September 2nd, 2014, 12:02 AM
rhombus if you like your pizza crust only half cooked.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 2nd, 2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks for posting all of this but seriously is there a zoo or something where we can see Lakes in his natural setting?

I mean sure a few of us are coming for the game, drinks and food but EVERYONE wants to get their picture with Sam and listen to conspiracy theories, horrible talk radio interviews and move up talk. We want substance.

Continue on at your leisure.............

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2014, 12:12 AM
Thanks for posting all of this but seriously is there a zoo or something where we can see Lakes in his natural setting?

I mean sure a few of us are coming for the game, drinks and food but EVERYONE wants to get their picture with Sam and listen to conspiracy theories, horrible talk radio interviews and move up talk. We want substance.

DJ already posted the name of said zoo.

ThompsonThe
September 2nd, 2014, 12:12 AM
Should be a great game to attend.

344Johnson
September 2nd, 2014, 10:32 AM
The Northern gentlemens' club. No real explanation needed.

DJ already posted the name of said zoo.

With the closing of the rainforest they moved the Lakes exhibit to the Northern?

centennial
September 2nd, 2014, 10:48 AM

http://redriverzoo.org/
*Looks left and right for El_Chapo to appear.*

NoDak 4 Ever
September 2nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
http://redriverzoo.org/
*Looks left and right for El_Chapo to appear.*

He knows better than to come on to here. He's tried a couple times but ursus shuts his ass down pretty quickly.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Bump........................

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 11:34 PM
He knows better than to come on to here. He's tried a couple times but ursus shuts his ass down pretty quickly.

Ursus would go up one notch in my book if he treated you the same way..............I would trade Lakes for you, hell I would trade a half eaten doughnut straight up.

xcoffeex

IBleedYellow
September 15th, 2014, 11:36 PM
The fact that Citdog is making me pick his ass up @ 1:15 am is annoying xcoffeex

citdog
September 15th, 2014, 11:38 PM
The fact that Citdog is making me pick his ass up @ 1:15 am is annoying xcoffeex

"making" is a strong word. What is the cab situation like in that Burg at that time of night? I plan on being into my cups a bit on the train. With all that oil being hauled around and the delays I hope to be there before kickoff.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Time out....when are you getting into town? xlolx

citdog
September 15th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Time out....when are you getting into town? xlolx

Saturday People, like vampires, only come out at night.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Saturday People, like vampires, only come out at night.

Soooooo.....you are rolling into town at 1:15am Saturday "morning" the day of a game with a start time of 2:30pm. xlolx

citdog
September 15th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Soooooo.....you are rolling into town at 1:15am Saturday "morning" the day of a game with a start time of 2:30pm. xlolx

Friday

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 15th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Hes from the south they are not very good at scheduling.........or wars.

xcoffeex

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2014, 12:03 AM
"making" is a strong word. What is the cab situation like in that Burg at that time of night? I plan on being into my cups a bit on the train. With all that oil being hauled around and the delays I hope to be there before kickoff.

Iam up late every night. Plus the fact we are staying at the same place I can pick you up. Friday at 1:30 am correct?

citdog
September 16th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Hes from the south they are not very good at scheduling.........or wars.

xcoffeex

We were a damn good first half team.

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 01:28 AM
I'm messing with you...of course I'll be picking you up.

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 03:27 PM
This list just was posted on my Facebook feed. Most of them are all good choices, however I'd pick Spitfire over Doolittles, personally.

http://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/north-dakota/articles/fargo-s-10-best-restaurants-from-local-eats-to-fine-dining/

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 03:38 PM
This list just was posted on my Facebook feed. Most of them are all good choices, however I'd pick Spitfire over Doolittles, personally.

http://theculturetrip.com/north-america/usa/north-dakota/articles/fargo-s-10-best-restaurants-from-local-eats-to-fine-dining/

Spicy Pie??? Texas Roadhouse??? Spitfire is decent...Doolittles is ok. We can do way better than this.

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 04:17 PM
If you mention bars I'll slay you. I'm talking food here. Also, when is your ass getting into town? Hell, cit too, and ursus and co. I have planning I need to do, damnit! (Holy **** I just sounded like my fiance....someone save me!)

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 04:23 PM
If you mention bars I'll slay you. I'm talking food here. Also, when is your ass getting into town? Hell, cit too, and ursus and co. I have planning I need to do, damnit! (Holy **** I just sounded like my fiance....someone save me!)

Whenever I ****ing feel like it!

Probably noonish on Friday....

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2014, 04:24 PM

I'm intentionally trying to get in a little late on Friday night. I tend to spend too many tailgates recovering from the night before. I wouldn't be opposed to getting a beer with some of you on Friday night though.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 04:25 PM

Oh...and....

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/668265/slap-o.gif

tjamz
September 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Osaka sucks as does spicy pie (placing toppings on an already been baked cheese pizza them reheating it is not great food). Maxwell's is very good, Kobe's has the best sushi and teppanyaki in town. Black bird pizza is very good as is rhombus guys.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 04:39 PM
TNT Diner, Wurst, Romos....start there.

NDSUSR
September 16th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Black bird pizza is very good as is rhombus guys.
I will take Happy Joes over both of those.

FargoBison
September 16th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Spicy Pie??? Texas Roadhouse??? Spitfire is decent...Doolittles is ok. We can do way better than this.

Well looking at that list...I'd go to Texas Roadhouse over the Cork anyday.

If you want pizza and are downtown blackbird is better than Spicy Pie.

tjamz
September 16th, 2014, 05:28 PM
I will take Happy Joes over both of those.
Taco pizza sure... otherwise no

NDSUSR
September 16th, 2014, 05:32 PM

Thats all I ever order from there. They have other stuff too?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2014, 05:36 PM

We will start driving about 5 or 6a Thurs.. so I figure we'll be there around 10 or 11p your time. So basically probably do a few quick rounds close the hotel on Thurs. and then on Friday morning I'm looking for the best f'n HOMETOWN FARGO Breakfast place. I don't want some Perkins bull**** that I can get anywhere. I want something that Fargo is and should be proud of. i don't care if it's just Bacon & eggs, Omelet, what the hell ever.

I'm gonna let Alpha shoot the next mofo that suggests a f'n chain restaurant/bar and so forth. C'mon man, you guys have to have some pride don't you? We're not there for a long time, we're there for a good time so let's step up your game Bison...the Griz are coming to town to assess you.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 05:48 PM
We will start driving about 5 or 6a Thurs.. so I figure we'll be there around 10 or 11p your time. So basically probably do a few quick rounds close the hotel on Thurs. and then on Friday morning I'm looking for the best f'n HOMETOWN FARGO Breakfast place. I don't want some Perkins bull**** that I can get anywhere. I want something that Fargo is and should be proud of. i don't care if it's just Bacon & eggs, Omelet, what the hell ever.

I'm gonna let Alpha shoot the next mofo that suggests a f'n chain restaurant/bar and so forth. C'mon man, you guys have to have some pride don't you? We're not there for a long time, we're there for a good time so let's step up your game Bison...the Griz are coming to town to assess you.xthumbsupx

TNT Diner......

tjamz
September 16th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Tnt diner, cj's on south university are both good for breakfast. Sandy's donuts has a breakfast as well and a very good bakery. I'd be happy to meet any of you guys as well. Always nice to put a face to the name

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Tnt diner, cj's on south university are both good for breakfast. Sandy's donuts has a breakfast as well and a very good bakery. I'd be happy to meet any of you guys as well. Always nice to put a face to the name

TNT for breakfast....and if you don't have dessert there (I like the apple crisp with the homemade cinnamon ice cream), head to Sandy's for some pastries. They're right next to each other.

robsnotes4u
September 16th, 2014, 06:48 PM

Is TNT the place Tom Hanks rented out for his family in West Fargo, when he stopped at Fargo Jet Center on his way somewhere? If so, that is the place to go.

Supper. Pick Maxwells, I had the best steak ever there. Red Deer with a Huckleberry sauce. Have some good elk steak also. Second to them I like the Hodo, if they have elk it is great, but even better for a Montana fan would be the BISON steak.

By the way, I do have some Frozen Huckleberries from my trip out to Helena a couple of weeks ago.

FargoBison
September 16th, 2014, 07:06 PM
Is TNT the place Tom Hanks rented out for his family in West Fargo, when he stopped at Fargo Jet Center on his way somewhere? If so, that is the place to go.

Supper. Pick Maxwells, I had the best steak ever there. Red Deer with a Huckleberry sauce. Have some good elk steak also. Second to them I like the Hodo, if they have elk it is great, but even better for a Montana fan would be the BISON steak.

By the way, I do have some Frozen Huckleberries from my trip out to Helena a couple of weeks ago.

Yep TNT is that place.

AmsterBison
September 16th, 2014, 07:26 PM

It's been a while but a Happy Joe's Sandy's Delight was excellent in the pan pizza crust. BTW, I don't care much for Happy Joe's normal sauce because it's way too heavy on the tomato paste, but the pan sauce and the taco pizza sauce are different.

That said, I almost always get a taco pizza.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2014, 07:57 PM

pm your number and we'll call ya Friday.

clenz
September 16th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I'll be there about 5 or 6 Friday night... What do i get to be involved in?

I like to not be completely excluded

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Milkman
September 16th, 2014, 08:42 PM

Thank God this game wasn't later in the year. You might not have gotten to try a Sandy's donut. They are opening a second local downtown and heaven forbid you consume anything from a "chain restaurant" ;)

I kid I kid. Seriously get a Sandy's donut. Nothing crazy special they just make a dang good donut. Oh and yes TNT diner.

Southern Bison
September 16th, 2014, 08:48 PM
TNT for breakfast....and if you don't have dessert there (I like the apple crisp with the homemade cinnamon ice cream), head to Sandy's for some pastries. They're right next to each other.

Since when does breakfast include dessert?? Are you trying to make Ursus give Grizo CPR again?

Grizo406
September 16th, 2014, 08:49 PM

Agree with Ursus on this!

The Grizo needs a good breakfast to get his day started in the right direction. If I have a satisfying morning meal, I'm good to go for at least an hour and a half before I need a nap.

Is there a Tommy's Ham House in Fargo?

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Since when does breakfast include dessert?? Are you trying to make Ursus give Grizo CPR again?

What? No pie or dessert?!?! xlolx

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 08:59 PM
I'll be there about 5 or 6 Friday night... What do i get to be involved in?

I like to not be completely excluded

I think by that time we will be at Big Top Bingo hustlin' to find Grizo some "trim" :D

IBleedYellow
September 16th, 2014, 09:01 PM
If you want breakfast you have to go the THE SHACK.

I have a feeling this is going to be a fun weekend. I'm glad I don't work Friday.

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2014, 09:07 PM
It's been a while but a Happy Joe's Sandy's Delight was excellent in the pan pizza crust. BTW, I don't care much for Happy Joe's normal sauce because it's way too heavy on the tomato paste, but the pan sauce and the taco pizza sauce are different.

That said, I almost always get a taco pizza.

Happy Joes on 13th is closed.

clenz
September 16th, 2014, 09:16 PM
I think by that time we will be at Big Top Bingo hustlin' to find Grizo some "trim" :D
So... A strip club?

Grizo406
September 16th, 2014, 09:22 PM

The Grizo needs absolutely NO HELP in finding "trim"!

He's the Daddy Long Legs & Iceberg Slim of Western Montana...xnodx

Bison56
September 16th, 2014, 09:24 PM
TNT Diner......

^this

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2014, 09:29 PM
^this

Isnt thursday swedish meatballs?

NDSUSR
September 16th, 2014, 10:58 PM

Its a North Dakota thing...

Bisonoline
September 16th, 2014, 11:24 PM

Tatanka is calling for a Turf-friday as well for lunch. But I love a good breakfast. Keep me informed on location and time.

Sandys maple and bacon donuts xthumbsupx They also have one the size of a hub cap!

IBleedYellow
September 17th, 2014, 01:16 AM
Turf-Friday is in! I'm down!

ursus arctos horribilis
September 17th, 2014, 01:36 AM
So... A strip club?

I'm not sure you noticed the nuance of the Bingo parlor clenzy so I will subtly point it out here so no one but you and I notice.

You'r welcome.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 17th, 2014, 02:25 AM
The Grizo needs absolutely NO HELP in finding "trim"!

He's the Daddy Long Legs & Iceberg Slim of Western Montana...xnodx

Jesus...xsmhx its like you are already in my truck............................................. ..

Gil Dobie
September 17th, 2014, 08:22 AM

I do enjoy the food at the Speak Easy across the river.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2014, 08:34 AM
I do enjoy the food at the Speak Easy across the river.

Awesome choice. If you're a pilot......ah I won't go there xlolx

clenz
September 17th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure you noticed the nuance of the Bingo parlor clenzy so I will subtly point it out here so no one but you and I notice.

You'r welcome.You expected me, of all people, to pick up on a subtle nuance?

Me?

Of all people?

xlolx

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2014, 09:46 AM
You expected me, of all people, to pick up on a subtle nuance?

Me?

Of all people?

xlolx

Hey, here's subtle...check your ****ing PMs! xlolx Need to know on that ticket if you've heard back from Cit.

clenz
September 17th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Apparently the lack of an answer is too subtle of I've heard or not....

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Apparently the lack of an answer is too subtle of I've heard or not....

x406x

THE HERD
September 17th, 2014, 10:25 AM

TNT diner in West Fargo

penguinpower
September 17th, 2014, 05:39 PM
xsmiley_wix I figured activities would include Punkin-chunckin and A ho down

Bisonator
September 17th, 2014, 07:25 PM

Figured that to be too civilized activities for the Montany folk.;)

Houndawg
September 17th, 2014, 07:53 PM
You expected me, of all people, to pick up on a subtle nuance?

xlolx

Is there another kind?

Bison56
September 17th, 2014, 09:16 PM
Just some sheep wrastling.

saxbison
September 17th, 2014, 09:20 PM
Just some sheep wrastling.
Mind your language. It's called mutton bustin.

Grizalltheway
September 17th, 2014, 09:25 PM
Don't know what you're talking about, I was only helping her through the fence.

Bison56
September 17th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Don't know what you're talking about, I was only helping her through the fence.

I've heard that one before xsmiley_wix

NDSUSR
September 17th, 2014, 10:15 PM
xsmiley_wix I figured activities would include Punkin-chunckin and beatdown of YSU
FIFY

Bison56
September 17th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Ouch

Hambone
September 18th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Not sure you guys really want to meet Ursus.......I've done it and it's not pretty.......xtwocentsx

xbeerchugx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Not sure you guys really want to meet Ursus.......I've done it and it's not pretty.......xtwocentsx

xbeerchugx

I can't wait to meet the whole gang. My liver can take it.

Cleets
September 18th, 2014, 12:55 PM

xbeerchugx

I find him very attractive... xnodx

clenz
September 18th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Cit... You excited yet? I'm bringing you some out of my personal stock. You are the first, and likely last, person to every get some of this from my home use stock

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/18/3fa65fd984007f37d2cd9a0cf0459342.jpg

IBleedYellow
September 18th, 2014, 08:05 PM
He's going to DIE when he meets you tomorrow Clenz. I hope you're bringing me at least one sandwich, btw.

marenlee
September 18th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I don't know how you guys can do it without Chick-fil-A, Zaxby's, and sweet tea. I've been in the south too long.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I know how reliable phones are especially in loud places so use this thread as a kind of live blog as I only have ursus' phone number so I can catch up tomorrow night when I roll in.

tjamz
September 19th, 2014, 08:54 AM
pm your number and we'll call ya Friday.

Is breakfast still on for today?

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 09:38 AM
I'm on the high way to hell.. Err... Fargo.... Hell seems appropriate... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/19/5bd5cda812af5758f98885b79cb26906.jpg

Eta 430,pending traffic and construction

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 09:40 AM
Holy crap Clenz, sit up, you're going to crash!

robsnotes4u
September 19th, 2014, 09:44 AM
I'm on the high way to hell.. Err... Fargo.... Hell seems appropriate... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/19/5bd5cda812af5758f98885b79cb26906.jpg

Eta 430,pending traffic and construction

You better re-calculate your ETA, once the wrecker comes and tips you back on your wheels. A word of advice from a Montana Patrol officer years ago. If you are drinking and driving, keep your beer in your hand on the steering wheel. If you start to pass out and the wheel turns you will spill your drink on yourself and wake up. We know good drinkers do not like to waste alcohol, so you will learn to never fall asleep or passout at the wheel.

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Clenz do you need a yellow or green shirt for the game, LOL! Make sure to wear the right color for the section you are sitting in.

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Clenz do you need a yellow or green shirt for the game, LOL! Make sure to wear the right color for the section you are sitting in.

Dewey

I just got a brand new jersey, I'm on the edge of a green section but I'm probably going to wear it. Cost too damn much not to.

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 10:30 AM
Is there an AGS Bison Grizzlies fan meet up in the tailgating lots? It would be nice to share some beer or other beverages with you folks.

Dewey

TheRevSFA
September 19th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I hope all of y'all have a blast this weekend!

cheers!

ursus I think you need to come to Houston for BOTPW

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 10:47 AM
I'm wearing my blue AGS shirt... Or a black scheels shirt. Also have no idea where im sitting

THE HERD
September 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
So did the Montana boys make it over to TNT for brekky this morning or was there a little brown bottle flu going around this A.M.??

tomq04
September 19th, 2014, 10:52 AM
This sounds like a bit too much fun, enjoy it

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
So did the Montana boys make it over to TNT for brekky this morning or was there a little brown bottle flu going around this A.M.??
I can confirm we didnt.........heading to Turf shortly

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Green1
September 19th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I can confirm we didnt.........heading to Turf shortly

Hope you brought your drink'n shoes! It might be a track meet! xsmiley_wix

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM
**** you Minneapolis traffic

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 01:16 PM
**** you Minneapolis traffic

Are you down on 494? That is just a little bit of traffic. Just be glad you are not coming through in another 3 hours. That would be some traffic. Safe travels Clenz!

I can pack an extra yellow or green NDSU shirt for you if you want, LOL!!! I have a few:-)

Dewey

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Yeah 494...it sucks

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Chick fil a bought, full tank of gas...

Gps says I'll be at the hotel at 450

NDSUSR
September 19th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Chick fil a bought, full tank of gas...

Gps says I'll be at the hotel at 450

Watch for law enforcement near the St Cloud exits and the Alexandria and Fergus Falls areas.

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Watch for law enforcement near the St Cloud exits and the Alexandria and Fergus Falls areas.

Near Alexandria too!

NDSUSR
September 19th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Near Alexandria too!

Yeah, I covered that... :)

Bison56
September 19th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Not sure if this was covered, but watch out for law enforcement by Alexandria.

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Im about 10 minutes from alexandria... Is there a lot of cops there?

Grizalltheway
September 19th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Yes, but absolutely NO lunch.

dewey
September 19th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Just keep it under 77 and you will be just fine. I have made that trip a LOT!

Dewey

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 04:10 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/19/92d473d8b3f81b96600e2095613c6969.jpgbeen set at 77 the whole time

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 04:10 PM
Yes, but absolutely NO lunch.
Ha

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Why the hell does this rotate my photos

Gil Dobie
September 19th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I covered that... :)

Yea, but did you specifically say Alexandria ;)

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 19th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Yea, but did you specifically say Alexandria ;)

You going to be up here tomorrow?

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Having good times already.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 06:32 PM
ETA 9ish

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Grizo about died... But he's okay

BisonFan02
September 19th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Grizo about died... But he's okay

We're all deeply concerned.....

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 06:43 PM
According to alpha, grizo's weeble has wobbled...

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2014, 07:32 PM
http://www.larissabouvier.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/upside-down-turtle.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think Grizo is down for the count...................we may not see him until tomorrow.

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 07:55 PM
http://www.larissabouvier.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/upside-down-turtle.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I think Grizo is down for the count...................we may not see him until tomorrow.
Hey... Get the **** outside.

We're going to go put some massive sausages in our mouths... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/19/3fddd22f1f3adf585385163a4976330e.jpg

BisonFan02
September 19th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Hey... Get the **** outside.

We're going to go put some massive sausages in our mouths... http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/19/3fddd22f1f3adf585385163a4976330e.jpg

Clenz loves the Bison D......

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 19th, 2014, 08:00 PM
This is gonna hurt Grizo more than hurts us.................

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Seriously... Get the **** out here

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 08:08 PM
The guy said he said he was sorry for using his teeth... He didn't mean it. He wants you to come back so he can finish.

marenlee
September 19th, 2014, 08:09 PM
I'm so jealous of you all. That should be me out for the count also. Grizo and I could snuggle.

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 08:12 PM
I'm so jealous of you all. That should be me out for the count also. Grizo and I could snuggle.
Ursus has you covered...

Or he's passed out on the ****ter

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Where is everyone?

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 08:41 PM
Wursy beer hall

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Wurst.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 19th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Be there soon

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2014, 09:26 PM
The guy said he said he was sorry for using his teeth... He didn't mean it. He wants you to come back so he can finish.

Dude I didnt realize that was you in the parking lot with the MT boys. Damn. Sorry I didnt realize that was you!

- - - Updated - - -

Wursy beer hall

Did you get the bread stix with the cheese dip?

frozennorth
September 19th, 2014, 09:31 PM
it's called a pretzel

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Dude I didnt realize that was you in the parking lot with the MT boys. Damn. Sorry I didnt realize that was you!

- - - Updated - - -

You are there?

I went pretzels and German sausage ..amazing

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2014, 09:59 PM
it's called a pretzel

A very soft bun looking pretzle.:D

- - - Updated - - -

You are there?

We were talking about Stan Sherrif and Jersey.

clenz
September 19th, 2014, 10:02 PM
A very soft bun looking pretzle.:D

- - - Updated - - -

We were talking about Stan Sherrif and Jersey.
Oh ****... That was you

Damn

IBleedYellow
September 19th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Citdog in his native environment. Around women.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/19/26e1d1374c257512741eb4714aa168d6.jpg

Drblankstare
September 19th, 2014, 10:21 PM
My god their hideous. And the guys don't look too good either

Bisonoline
September 19th, 2014, 10:22 PM

Whose that behind Alpha Miss ND Sausage?

- - - Updated - - -

My god their hideous. And the guys don't look too good either

Theve been at it awhile.

Twentysix
September 19th, 2014, 10:27 PM
You are there?

Get the F#$@ing spaetzel or gtfo of fargo.

Seriously, it's knoephla dumplings with brown gravy on it.

It's basically crack.

frozennorth
September 19th, 2014, 10:32 PM

It's basically crack.

I will keep this in mind

NDSUSR
September 19th, 2014, 10:38 PM

It's basically crack.

Its in Wiki as a FACT.

Thumper 76
September 19th, 2014, 11:07 PM
This thread is entertainment at its finest while I get drunk in Sioux Falls

Drblankstare
September 19th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Ok let's put some usernames with faces. I plan on seeing you guys at tailgating tomorrow.

dewey
September 20th, 2014, 07:52 AM
We will be set up in the southwest corner of the West tailgating lots with the green NDSU flag and the Montana flag flying if anyone wants beer stop by for one.

Go Bison!

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
September 20th, 2014, 08:25 AM
So I met citdog and AG1 and the world didn't end. Gonna be a great weekend! Now to get ready and head for tailgating

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Ok let's put some usernames with faces. I plan on seeing you guys at tailgating tomorrow.

The guy on the far right in a Bison shirt looks like an asshole. xlolx

Grizalltheway
September 20th, 2014, 08:50 AM
So who got Ursus pregnant? Word to the wise: don't be late on child support.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 20th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Whose that behind Alpha Miss ND Sausage?

- - - Updated - - -

Theve been at it awhile.

Those girls were ****ing annoying. No wonder they could only find 3 of them to get together.

UNDOregon
September 20th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Wake up Griz and Bison fans! It is 8 AM on game day! Hair of the dog, this morning, unless of course you don't get up, you stay up?? ESPN Gameday is already lame with a couple hundred fans on a wide-open field at Florida State in Tallahassee, booing the suspension of Jameis. My head is spinning, thinking about consumption in Fargo this weekend. At Montana games, the fans leave the stadium at halftime to drink, in addition to pre- and post-game tailgating; North Dakota leads the country in binge drinking. The fans of these teams are not amateurs. Good luck to both teams.

More photos and sheep jokes, please! :)

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 09:14 AM
The guy on the far right in a Bison shirt looks like an asshole. xlolx
Yup

Can anyone confirm grizzo is alive?

Also I'm tired.

Also also there was a lot of..... talent....... at Rudders.

HandoEX
September 20th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Great meeting you hosers last night. ****'s gonna get wild today! Stop by the Frisco Cruiser and meet our little mascot ;)

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Hosers...

I told you guys we are in Canada....

dewey
September 20th, 2014, 09:44 AM

I was ordered to not fly the Grizzlies flag upside down.

Dewey

HandoEX
September 20th, 2014, 09:55 AM
Hosers...

I told you guys we are in Canada....

I'm surpised any of you guys are awake, eh. We've got hockey playing in the ice house so get up here!

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Everyone left me... You know where i am i don't know where you are... Come get me

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Call Kevin. He'll get you.

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Those girls were ****ing annoying. No wonder they could only find 3 of them to get together.

Those girls were FAR from annoying....

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 10:40 AM
Those girls were FAR from annoying....
I'll go with this.

If i carried cash i would have definitely paid a buck for one of their sucks

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2014, 10:40 AM
So who got Ursus pregnant? Word to the wise: don't be late on child support.
Grizo........twice.................

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2014, 10:42 AM
I can confirm clenz's talent at Rooters comment.........

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 10:48 AM
Rooters... Rudders... I don't remember.

Grizzo is alive, in the physical sense of the word... At least

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Where are you guys? xlolx

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Call me...

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I'm lost in your lots

Bronco
September 20th, 2014, 12:07 PM
-
Someone posted this picture of Grizo on another site so I know he's there

http://shechive.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/a42.jpg?w=500

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I took a shot while people as people sang some ndsu cult song.... Not sure what to make of that

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Tie down your tail gating gear looks like some weather coming.

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 12:45 PM
I took a shot while people as people sang some ndsu cult song.... Not sure what to make of that

You will find out at midnight.xsmiley_wix

NDSUSR
September 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Tie down your tail gating gear looks like some weather coming.

Radar shows it passing through pretty quickly though.

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Was anyone else under the perception i wasn't white? Gotten that multiple times this weekend

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Was anyone else under the perception i wasn't white? Gotten that multiple times this weekend

Nope

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 02:13 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/20/abc7fbdf3ddfe3fc7858da0199f3bf41.jpg

dewey
September 20th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Clenz I am in section 5 row ii ( 3rd from the top at the aisle between 4 and 5). Looks like you are to my left.

Hail the BISON!

DEWEY

NDSUSR
September 20th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Clenz, have you been to the Fargodome before?
And no to your question. You seem more whitebread than most.

This is pure genius.

http://videos-d-18.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10713666_288380781366478_257258388_n.mp4

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Clenz I am in section 5 row ii ( 3rd from the top at the aisle between 4 and 5). Looks like you are to my left.

Hail the BISON!

DEWEY
Section 7 row ee right in the inside aisle by 8.

I went up on the wrong side of the section. Walked across everyone rather than going back down and up. I'm too fat and lazy for that kind of trip twice in a row

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Clenz, have you been to the Fargodome before?
And no to your question. You seem more whitebread than most.

This is pure genius.

http://videos-d-18.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/10713666_288380781366478_257258388_n.mp4
UNI game in 11

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Are ndsu fans really booing that illegal block call?

That was a great ****ing call that's almost never made when it should be

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 20th, 2014, 07:53 PM
We are at Sickis garage.......again

clenz
September 21st, 2014, 09:21 AM
Some asshole let the air out of all my tires. Barely able to limp over to the station next to sickies to fill them up. All 4 were under 5 psi

Seriously, what the ****

veinup
September 21st, 2014, 10:11 AM
ahahahaha.

seriously, that is ****ty.

HandoEX
September 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
Some asshole let the air out of all my tires. Barely able to limp over to the station next to sickies to fill them up. All 4 were under 5 psi

Seriously, what the ****

Are you serious? Unreal! Sorry that some mother****** did this. What a pathetic coward.

Bison56
September 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM

Seriously, what the ****

That was your car?

j/k that is a F'd up deal. Hope you had a good time other than that.

clenz
September 21st, 2014, 10:43 AM
It sucks but I'm not going to let that ruin the other wise great time i had. Probably my fault for driving a car with uni plates...

At least they weren't slashed, that would have really pissed me off.

I've been to Fargo a couple times and had a good time every time.

It's the only place that people are so overly nice that they apologize for taking "too long" at a urinal and mean it...

frozennorth
September 21st, 2014, 11:13 AM
Section 7 row ee right in the inside aisle by 8.

I went up on the wrong side of the section. Walked across everyone rather than going back down and up. I'm too fat and lazy for that kind of trip twice in a row

I was section 7 row dd seat 11.

you were right behind me

clenz
September 21st, 2014, 11:16 AM
No ****? ii seat 18.

It was a ways up there but good view

Did you hear the Montana and ndsu guys going at it?

Professor Chaos
September 21st, 2014, 11:20 AM
It sucks but I'm not going to let that ruin the other wise great time i had. Probably my fault for driving a car with uni plates...

At least they weren't slashed, that would have really pissed me off.

I've been to Fargo a couple times and had a good time every time.

It's the only place that people are so overly nice that they apologize for taking "too long" at a urinal and mean it...

Regardless of any kind of plate you have that's a complete chicken **** move by someone. No excuse for that.

clenz
September 21st, 2014, 11:26 AM
Yeah, but like I said at least they weren't slashed.

Thanks to alpha I'm now hooked on jack again...

Damn you alpha.. Lol

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM
Yeah, but like I said at least they weren't slashed.

Thanks to alpha I'm now hooked on jack again...

Damn you alpha.. Lol

I will NEVER apologize for drinking whiskey, you are welcome BTW!!

That sucks about your car man. Travel safe.

frozennorth
September 21st, 2014, 09:42 PM
No ****? ii seat 18.

It was a ways up there but good view

Did you hear the Montana and ndsu guys going at it?

I got mixed in there a little bit. Yelled for the mouthy griz guy to go back to his shanty.

NDSUtk
September 21st, 2014, 10:28 PM
We are at Sickis garage.......again

Were you one of the guys there Friday around 2 pm? I was eating and welcomed one who came in with about a half dozen guys. He and I chatted for a little bit. Seemed like good folks.

Cleets
September 21st, 2014, 11:48 PM
I received a drunken voice mail from Ursus on Friday night... which I've listened to like 5 times and still can't quite make sense of
(secretly I love it when he drunk dials me)

I get the impression he was in North Dakota (somewhere) and he was with "the gang"
and that's about all I can figure out

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2014, 12:00 AM
I received a drunken voice mail from Ursus on Friday night... which I've listened to like 5 times and still can't quite make sense of

I get the impression he was in North Dakota (somewhere) and he was with "the gang"

You've been replaced with a "look alike" that was a lot more fun....it wasn't you...it was him. xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 22nd, 2014, 02:41 AM

BF02 nailed it. We were in the sickly garage on Friday afternoon and met a guy that looked like you so we took some pics with him and named him "fun cleets"l. We didn't need to go that far I suppose because other than looking just like you it is really easy to distinguish between the two of you.

You know, because of the fun and all.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 22nd, 2014, 02:41 AM
Were you one of the guys there Friday around 2 pm? I was eating and welcomed one who came in with about a half dozen guys. He and I chatted for a little bit. Seemed like good folks.

That was us.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 22nd, 2014, 02:44 AM
One thing I gotta mention about Fargo and Bison fans. You know how no matter where you go you always run into one guy that is just a dickhead and can't help but say something stupid and unwelcoming.

They don't have that.

Not one f'n guy/gal whatever had anything but nice things to say. NOT ONE.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2014, 07:55 AM
What a weekend. Got in super late last night and went straight to bed. Saturday was like a high school reunion so I was running all over place but I'm glad I came out on Friday night and we got to meet.

clenz
September 22nd, 2014, 08:03 AM
One thing I gotta mention about Fargo and Bison fans. You know how no matter where you go you always run into one guy that is just a dickhead and can't help but say something stupid and unwelcoming.

They don't have that.

Not one f'n guy/gal whatever had anything but nice things to say. NOT ONE.There was one at Wurst Beer Hall. It was before you got there and it was just myself, cit, BF02 and IBY.

Cit jumped in like the southern gentlemen he is and saved me though...

I repaid him by laughing at him as he had to leave the premises of the German bar to smoke

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2014, 08:12 AM
There was one at Wurst Beer Hall. It was before you got there and it was just myself, cit, BF02 and IBY.

Cit jumped in like the southern gentlemen he is and saved me though...

I repaid him by laughing at him as he had to leave the premises of the German bar to smoke

Yeah....that little drunken D nozzle wasn't gonna do anything when cit and I arrived...he got quiet. xlolx

clenz
September 22nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Yeah....that little drunken D nozzle wasn't gonna do anything when cit and I arrived...he got quiet. xlolx
Yeah...You got the ankle biter in Cit and the Giant that is BF02..xlolx

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2014, 09:48 AM
And I was cowering in the corner... Don't forget the details.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 10:18 AM
BF02 nailed it. We were in the sickly garage on Friday afternoon and met a guy that looked like you so we took some pics with him and named him "fun cleets"l. We didn't need to go that far I suppose because other than looking just like you it is really easy to distinguish between the two of you.

You know, because of the fun and all.

Who has those pictures, it would be awesome if he put them up here for everyone to see. Heck, he should have done that on Friday or something.

BisonFan02
September 22nd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Yeah...You got the ankle biter in Cit and the Giant that is BF02..xlolx

You know it! xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/12/c035d3b6fb1e4b3ca2d09ba3f6d1e2fb/full.jpg

Fun Cleets or as I like to call him "Good Cleets" was a great guy, a LOT better than the current one. Good Cleets was fun, funny and he could drink with us. He was a snappy dresser even though and I quote, "I dont need no iron to make me look good" He was right and the ladies thought so as well.

I already miss Good Cleets...................and the really sad part is that our bad cleets will be around to make some snarky comments about our new friend.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 22nd, 2014, 10:49 AM
I miss fun cleets as well. That dude's the best!

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 10:51 AM
https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/12/c035d3b6fb1e4b3ca2d09ba3f6d1e2fb/full.jpg

Fun Cleets or as I like to call him "Good Cleets" was a great guy, a LOT better than the current one. Good Cleets was fun, funny and he could drink with us. He was a snappy dresser even though and I quote, "I dont need no iron to make me look good" He was right and the ladies thought so as well.

I already miss Good Cleets...................and the really sad part is that our bad cleets will be around to make some snarky comments about our new friend.

Alright I know who AlphaGriz is here but lets get some board names with the rest of this surly crew!!!!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 10:54 AM
Grizo is the "husky jerk" on the left.............................

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2014, 10:55 AM
Ursus where the hell are you in this Pic?

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 10:56 AM
Ursus, Grizo, Good Cleets, AG1

Not sure who the guy in the back is but he did follow us around a lot this weekend.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 22nd, 2014, 10:59 AM
Ursus, Grizo, Good Cleets, AG1

Not sure who the guy in the back is but he did follow us around a lot this weekend.

Are you kidding? He was sitting right there with you guys. I thought he was one of you. I think he said his name was Trent or something like that.

So bummed Grizo was tits up when I caught up with you guys. He's the only one I missed.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 22nd, 2014, 12:03 PM
Are you kidding? He was sitting right there with you guys. I thought he was one of you. I think he said his name was Trent or something like that.

So bummed Grizo was tits up when I caught up with you guys. He's the only one I missed.

xlolx

He's pulling the ol' leg there. There are two Trents but one of them is named Troy. Twins that have been my friends since we were little kids.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 22nd, 2014, 12:04 PM
Ursus where the hell are you in this Pic?

Sorry buddy, little busy trying to fix ballots and so forth so I let Alf handle it.

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Lots of fun meeting all you a'holes this weekend!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
Lots of fun meeting all you a'holes this weekend!

Isnt it past your bedtime?

Cleets
September 22nd, 2014, 01:04 PM
I do not look like that impostor..!!!
Some of you might not even recognize me today - my hair is LONG and I look like a damn Hippie

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/andrewmward1/IMG_37161_zps646243fa.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm215/andrewmward1/6614b966-6f8c-4f33-88d6-51b221b17551_zps5eb7f4be.jpg

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2014, 01:35 PM
Man I miss Good Cleets...............even more than I did in the previous post.

Cleets
September 22nd, 2014, 02:09 PM
Man I miss Good Cleets...............even more than I did in the previous post.

:D I feel the love