PDA

View Full Version : The I-AA committee would be foolish to only take 1 BSC team

Jacks76
November 1st, 2006, 02:16 AM
The Big Sky is one of the top conferences in I-AA, and to only take Montana out of that conference would be a shame.

Thoughts?

Paul

th0m
November 1st, 2006, 05:52 AM
Isn't the SLC one of the top conferences as well? Define 'one of the'. If you'd be one of the top conferences, surely your teams other than Montana would be in better shape right now. Now I'm not saying there shouldn't be a second BSC team, I'm just saying, that solely based on being 'one of the top conferences', you still have to win games. But who knows, maybe a 7-4 team will get in. You can't argue with the fact that only 3 teams have winning records. If there's any chance of getting a 2nd team in, I'd say MSU has to beat Montana to do so. If they lose there, they will be at 7-4 (assuming they beat UNC). If PSU wins out, they will also be at 7-4. If you want to pick a 2nd BSC team then, who do you pick? They both have I-A wins, MSU has a DII loss, but still has the head-to-head.

I know I'm disregarding NAU here, who also has a chance to get to 7-4 (and by doing so definitely knocking PSU out of contention alltogether), but I think we've already touched on the fact that chances will be VERY little of all the balls rolling their way to get them to go to post-season play.

MR. CHICKEN
November 1st, 2006, 06:02 AM
WON'T BE UH FUN YEAR.......TA SIT ON DUH SELECTION COMMITTEE......WAIT TIL DUH "WOOFYS".....ARE IN DUH MAIL......:bawling:...AWK!

Jacks76
November 1st, 2006, 06:24 AM
Wofford sure got Woffed.

Paul

Tribe4SF
November 1st, 2006, 07:35 AM
If Montana beats MSU, I think there's a strong chance that the committee takes PSU at 7-4.

89Hen
November 1st, 2006, 08:14 AM
The Big Sky is one of the top conferences in I-AA, and to only take Montana out of that conference would be a shame.

Thoughts?
SoCon 2003.

AppGuy04
November 1st, 2006, 08:25 AM
SoCon 2003.

and possibly 2006

Walkon79
November 1st, 2006, 10:30 AM
If Montana beats MSU, I think there's a strong chance that the committee takes PSU at 7-4.

That's why I'm pulling for the Jacks this week. The stars will have to align for the Cats to get in at 7-4. By the way, DII Chadron is 8-0, with maybe one of the best backs in the country.

Bobcat in NC
November 1st, 2006, 12:26 PM
That's why I'm pulling for the Jacks this week. The stars will have to align for the Cats to get in at 7-4. By the way, DII Chadron is 8-0, with maybe one of the best backs in the country.

And yet that's no comfort. Thinking about that loss still makes me want to kick the dog.

:splat:

Jackluv
November 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
If Montana beats MSU, and NAU beats PSU....i think it will only be Montana for the BSC

RobsPics
November 1st, 2006, 08:48 PM
PSU is gonna be in :)

Walkon79
November 1st, 2006, 08:52 PM
Which is a shame to me. Every time I think of another BSC team besides the Cats and Griz getting it, it just P!sses me off more about the 3 game slide to start our home slate. We win one of those three and we'd be in with a win next week. Damn!!

WYOBISONMAN
November 2nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
.....and if Poly beats Montana......

Tribe4SF
November 2nd, 2006, 08:25 AM
.....and if Poly beats Montana......

That will effect the seeds, but the autobid for BSC is still Montana's to lose.

CatFan22
November 2nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
MSU is going to beat UM so we don't have to worry about UM being the only BSC team getting in, and then we wouldn't have to even worry about PSU. There. That solves everything. :nod:

Live4Griz
November 2nd, 2006, 11:34 AM
MSU is going to beat UM so we don't have to worry about UM being the only BSC team getting in, and then we wouldn't have to even worry about PSU. There. That solves everything. :nod:

I think to only way two Big Sky teams get into the playoffs this year is if the cats do beat the GRIZ on the 18th!

GO GRIZ!!

grizbeer
November 2nd, 2006, 11:49 AM
I think to only way two Big Sky teams get into the playoffs this year is if the cats do beat the GRIZ on the 18th!

GO GRIZ!!
And the Cat's have to beat UNC Saturday. With all the injuries the Cat's had last weekend this doesn't seem like such a sure bet anymore.

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2006, 11:53 AM
I am a littel worried about that.

Wheaton - Out
Tolliver - Out for Season
Force - Banged up
Mason - Banged up and is 3rd this week on the depth chart at RB
Leblanc - Suspended at least for this week.

We're the walking wounded. Good thing it's UNC and then a bye week.

AZGrizFan
November 2nd, 2006, 11:57 AM

Wheaton - Out
Force - Banged up

: smh : : smh : : smh : I think 25 of the Griz's 11 opponents this year scheduled their bye week before facing the Griz. It's no WONDER we've had a tough time scheming.....:nono: :nono: :mad:

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2006, 12:13 PM
I know, I was going to add some smiley faces, but didn't know how to do it on a quick reply. You got my point though.

Live4Griz
November 2nd, 2006, 12:17 PM

Wheaton - Out
Force - Banged up

Walkon...do you know why Leblanc has been suspended??

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2006, 12:19 PM
Its been pretty quiet around the athletic department. But its some kind of violation of team rules. I'm not even sure if he's been just suspended or dismissed, and will not speculate here.

Live4Griz
November 2nd, 2006, 12:24 PM
Its been pretty quiet around the athletic department. But its some kind of violation of team rules. I'm not even sure if he's been just suspended or dismissed, and will not speculate here.

Yeah...it seems pretty hush-hush. Thanks though!!

CopperCat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:50 PM
No PSU will NOT get in.

NAU 45
PSU 35

CopperCat
November 2nd, 2006, 01:55 PM
Walkon...do you know why Leblanc has been suspended??

First off, Wheaton isn't out for this weekend. He had a minor dislocation, and actually might play. Second, Mason being banged up is ok, we still have Groves to go to, along with the probability that Mason gets a few carries too. Lastly, Marcosus LeBlanc is suspended for reasons that aren't any of our business. HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY CRIME BEING COMMITTED. I read some stuff on bobcatnation that hinted at this, and it simply isn't true. If you're going to smear somebody like that without any real information, that's crap. I talked to a teammate of his, and the source said he should be back for Cat/Griz. In the meantime, the Cats are in good shape for this weekend.

Cats 33
Bears 10

GreenDay17
November 2nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
No PSU will NOT get in.

NAU 45
PSU 35

That mountain air must be really thin. It seems to be affecting your outlook on reality. PSU has not given up anywhere near that many points to a non IA opponent. Here are the points scored on PSU by IAA opponents this year: 3, 10, 26, 14, 13, 0. And each of those totals are less than the opponent is averaging for the season - NAU averages 32 per game (that's with 66 vs Dixie State).

If NAU scores 45 points against PSU I'll kiss your a$$ in the parking lot of the Cat's Paw and give you an hour to draw a crowd.:thumbsup:

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2006, 03:10 PM
First off, Wheaton isn't out for this weekend. He had a minor dislocation, and actually might play. Second, Mason being banged up is ok, we still have Groves to go to, along with the probability that Mason gets a few carries too. Lastly, Marcosus LeBlanc is suspended for reasons that aren't any of our business. HE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY CRIME BEING COMMITTED. I read some stuff on bobcatnation that hinted at this, and it simply isn't true. If you're going to smear somebody like that without any real information, that's crap. I talked to a teammate of his, and the source said he should be back for Cat/Griz. In the meantime, the Cats are in good shape for this weekend.

Cats 33
Bears 10

Sorry FTG06. I in no way intended to start any rumors in that regard. I simply answered an honest question truthfully. I, too think he will be back in two weeks.

Walkon79
November 2nd, 2006, 03:14 PM
That mountain air must be really thin. It seems to be affecting your outlook on reality. PSU has not given up anywhere near that many points to a non IA opponent. Here are the points scored on PSU by IAA opponents this year: 3, 10, 26, 14, 13, 0. And each of those totals are less than the opponent is averaging for the season - NAU averages 32 per game (that's with 66 vs Dixie State).

If NAU scores 45 points against PSU I'll kiss your a$$ in the parking lot of the Cat's Paw and give you an hour to draw a crowd.:thumbsup:

Murrieta, IMO is the best QB they will face this side of Oregon. He may not score 45, but there will be points scored. Can PSU's Offense keep the pace? I think so, but not enough.

NAU 28
PSU 24

GreenDay17
November 2nd, 2006, 07:21 PM
Murrieta, IMO is the best QB they will face this side of Oregon. He may not score 45, but there will be points scored. Can PSU's Offense keep the pace? I think so, but not enough.

NAU 28
PSU 24

At least that is a realistic, imo, prediction. I think it will be closer to:

PSU 31
NAU 17

NAU has the worst defense in the Big Sky (7th vs Run, 9th vs Pass, 9th overall yards, and 8th in points given up) and they give up 3.75 sacks per game. PSU is first (tied with MSU) in sacks made. NAU will not be able to handle the defensive pressure of PSU. The biggest difference could be the field position game, which I believe NAU can and will win. Otherwise, it'll be like most (not including MSU and UM) of the other Big Sky games where PSU will wear down the opponent with great defense and eventually turn it into a 2 to 3 TD win.