PDA

View Full Version : Coach of the Year

Skyhawk Nation 24
October 31st, 2006, 11:47 PM
Who do you guys think will win the coach of the year award in Division I-AA?

My vote goes to Jason Simpson from UT Martin. In his first year ever as a head coach, he has led UT-Martin to a 7-1 overall record, and 4-0 conference record. The Skyhawks are in position to make the playoffs for the first time in their Division I-AA existence. UT Martin's defense is one of the best in the nation ranking in the top 10 of almost every defensive category. So if I had a vote, he would be my unanimous choice.

SirApp
November 1st, 2006, 12:03 AM

My vote goes to Jason Simpson from UT Martin. In his first year ever as a head coach, he has led UT-Martin to a 7-1 overall record, and 4-0 conference record. The Skyhawks are in position to make the playoffs for the first time in their Division I-AA existence. UT Martin's defense is one of the best in the nation ranking in the top 10 of almost every defensive category. So if I had a vote, he would be my unanimous choice.

That would be might vote as well.

Might also go with North Dakota State's Craig Bohl, just because of what they have done as a "transitional team" (not trying to downgrade them at all, they have accomplished a lot so far knowing they don't have a postseason future this year. That team is going to be scary when they start playing in the playoffs and will win a lot of championships :twocents: )

Homer vote will go to App's Jerry Moore :p

blur2005
November 1st, 2006, 12:04 AM

I'll third that.

DuckDuckGriz
November 1st, 2006, 02:19 AM
Craig Bohl.

ASU Kep
November 1st, 2006, 04:09 AM

Shocking! :rolleyes: :D

Couldn't argue, though. :nod: :)

...but how could one person's vote be anything but unanimous? Split personalities? xlolx

RabidRabbit
November 1st, 2006, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by Skyhawk Nation 24

Might also go with North Dakota State's Craig Bohl, just because of what they have done as a "transitional team" (not trying to downgrade them at all, they have accomplished a lot so far knowing they don't have a postseason future this year. That team is going to be scary when they start playing in the playoffs and will win a lot of championships )

I think a top 5, 10-1 or 9-2 transitional team, has to be favored. Craig Bohl.

th0m
November 1st, 2006, 07:34 AM
I think a top 5, 10-1 or 9-2 transitional team, has to be favored. Craig Bohl.

Still 3 very tough games ahead though :rotateh:

DetroitFlyer
November 1st, 2006, 07:58 AM
It has to be Jim Harbaugh!! Especially after USD wins a playoff game or two!!

Mountaineer#96
November 1st, 2006, 08:08 AM
Craig Bohl..........NDSU actually plays SOMEBODY

bandl
November 1st, 2006, 08:11 AM
We're talking about COLLEGE coaches, not about California HIGH SCHOOL coaches...

Up to this point, my vote would be for Simpson at UTM...but there's still some games to be played.

BillLuc1982
November 1st, 2006, 08:16 AM

Good luck beating a team like Montana, JMU, UMass, YSU, Appalachian State, UT Martin, or UNI!

If one of the Dakota State Universities were eligible, it would not be too purdy!

TheBisonator
November 1st, 2006, 08:50 AM
I would be inclined to say Craig Bohl of NDSU, but your argument is very compelling for Simpson of UTM. Let's see how UTM does in the playoffs (You guys are the team I'm pulling for #1). let's also see if Coach Bohl is able to win these last tough three games. It'll be interesting, to say the least.

Seven Would Be Nice
November 1st, 2006, 10:24 AM
Craig Bohl of NDSU... us southern boys did NOT see them coming.

Great program, great transition, great season. xsmileyclapx

AggiePride
November 1st, 2006, 11:17 AM
Bohl.