8. JMU
9. Stony Brook
10. Elon
11. Delaware
12. URI

*Edited to include URI.

Dane96
September 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
I, for one, am shocked at what happened to Delaware. That was just really bad. I think from UA's perspective, the bye-week in week 3 is helpful so we can make any changes necessary. We are still small in some areas, and definitely raw (lot's of Frosh and RSFrosh/Sophs on the two-deep). It will give them time to breathe. And unless our QB gets his act together, I could Gatusso seriously thinking about going to either Sweeney or Harding.

Right now, the CAA has showed to be pretty blech from 5-10. I expected much more from SBU, Maine, Towson, JMU, and Delaware.

TheDHC
September 1st, 2014, 11:07 AM
Tough break for the Hens xchinscratchx

centennial
September 1st, 2014, 11:12 AM
Last year the CAA was right with MVFC. This year, there seems like a clear separation.

Gangtackle11
September 1st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Early, very early.

superman7515
September 1st, 2014, 01:35 PM
Right now, the CAA has showed to be pretty blech from 5-10. I expected much more from SBU, Maine, Towson, JMU, and Delaware.

I expected what I saw from Towson, they won't have much in the tank this season. Delaware was more a reflection of the coaches admitted expectations that FCS teams can't compete with FBS teams, so they really don't even try. Just look at the Navy game last year, another blowout with no effort by the team, but once they get into FCS vs FCS competition where he believes the team has a chance, we still went 7-2 with a chance at the playoffs before the epic collapse last season.

The big problem is that I still see no D in elaware.

Sitting Bull
September 1st, 2014, 02:34 PM
I think UNH may be ranked a bit high as well after looking at the aftermath of the Toledo game.

Surrendering 54 points, losing by 34 and allowing over 600 yards of offense, half that rushing yardage. And sorry, this was a MAC team, not a BCS opponent.

i guess we will learn more after another game or two but this was well below what I expected from UNH.

Dane96
September 1st, 2014, 02:42 PM
I agree about UNH but Toledo is the creme de la creme of the MAC this year.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
September 1st, 2014, 03:06 PM
Starting with Rutgers in 2004 I've attended all of UNH's FBS games except Marshall. I've alway felt that Toledo 2011 was the best team UNH played. And the 2014 version may prove to be just as good. I met people out there this weekend who felt this team will be better. No question both Toledo teams were better than the Ball State and CMU teams I saw!

This year UNH hung for the first half. The game was over very early in 2011! The Rockets had no turnovers and didn't make many penalties. They were deep, had size and speed. At the end of the game Saturday I honestly felt that I wouldn't see a team that good again in the regular season. This Rocket team is not a run of the mill MAC team.

Tribal
September 1st, 2014, 03:13 PM
The thing about the CAA is this - any of Jeff's bottom 6 could beat any of his top 6 and we're going to see that on multiple occasions this year.

Tribe4SF
September 1st, 2014, 07:09 PM
I guess we lost a team. URI secede again?

superman7515
September 1st, 2014, 07:16 PM

They're part of Maine, the two teams together would only be good enough for #5.

mainejeff
September 2nd, 2014, 06:39 AM

They haven't played yet..........but we can put them at #12 to make everyone happy.

Mattymc727
September 2nd, 2014, 07:52 AM
I was also disappointed in the UNH result. They didnt look like the CAA's best team Saturday. I also agree that Toledo looked pretty damn good. Im not really sure what happened. UNH took a 14-3 lead in the second quarter and then Toledo had 27 unanswered points... Perhaps it took Toledo a couple quarters to figure out there was a game being played.

I think Nova, UNH, W&M, and Richmond are the top four, and could be put in any order at this point. Lot a time left before we call it a down year. I was shocked by Towson though, thats quite a drop off in talent

M Ruler
September 2nd, 2014, 08:38 AM
I, for one, am shocked at what happened to Delaware. That was just really bad. I think from UA's perspective, the bye-week in week 3 is helpful so we can make any changes necessary. We are still small in some areas, and definitely raw (lot's of Frosh and RSFrosh/Sophs on the two-deep). It will give them time to breathe. And unless our QB gets his act together, I could Gatusso seriously thinking about going to either Sweeney or Harding.

Dane 96, I agree with the QB situation. If Albany had gotten better play from our QB this game would not have been this close. Osbourne got a respectable 85 yards on the ground behind an improved OL. The D has great speed but gives up the 3rd and long too much. Our D line is smallish so we will suffer in CAA play. The Holy Cross QB is the real deal.

ccd494
September 2nd, 2014, 08:59 AM
Maine needs to find an offense. That was gross on Saturday. In the second half they gave up and ran read-option every play.

bluehenbillk
September 2nd, 2014, 10:02 AM
Hard to do a power rankings after 1 week. But as a whole, the CAA didn't look to good in Week 1. Richmond rolled, Villanova had a heartbreaking loss & everyone else has some serious issues from my point of view.

LeadBolt
September 2nd, 2014, 04:48 PM
Hard to do a power rankings after 1 week. But as a whole, the CAA didn't look to good in Week 1. Richmond rolled, Villanova had a heartbreaking loss & everyone else has some serious issues from my point of view.

I'd have to agree with you.

wmmii
September 2nd, 2014, 09:46 PM
IMO think Nova moved to #1 ranking in CAA, awesome performance by their QB, shame the kicker missed the FG at end of regulation