PDA

View Full Version : Iowa State Forum Dumpster Fire!!! Hilarious, must read!

BisonHype!
August 31st, 2014, 11:11 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx If you are in need of a good laugh today, check out the http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9 , Iowa State Football Forum. Pure Gold.... LMAO. Also, got this gem from the Pre-game Radio show. The ISU Pre-game Radio show was taking callers for game predictions. Well, an NDSU fan called in with his prediction. Needless to say, crow tastes good if cooked properly....:D

Not sure if anyone caught him on the radio with a guy who predicted NDSU would win 35-14....they basically laughed him off

Chris Williams: Real quick, we need a pick from you, John. Who do you got and what's the score?

NDSU John: I got NDSU and I absolutely believe they'll win by double digits. So...

Brent Blum: LOL. Wow??!! What??! Wow??! Wooo!

Chris Williams: JOHN???!!!

NDSU John: I put it somewhere around NDSU 35-14. I don't see how you guys put up over 17 points. It would blow my mind-it really would.

Chris Williams: All right. Well, we're gonna quote you on that. We got this recorded and we're gonna play it on the air next week if Iowa State puts up more than 17 points.

NDSU John: It's the same song and dance the Kansas State guy said to me last time. They called me a homer. They said you're coming to play the big boys. It's fine. They tend to forget me the week after the game, but I do appreciate being on with you guys. Anytime you guys want to talk Missouri Valley football or NDSU…

Chris Williams: (Interrupts, very condescending) Trust me, we won't be talking Missouri Valley football again…but if Iowa State plays NDSU again, we'll absolutely call you again. (trailing)You've been a great guest.

Several minutes later………….

Brent Blum: Our buddy John from NDSU needs a physical. My word man.

Chris Williams: Now that you've had time to digest that…

Brent Blum: I'm floored.

Chris Williams: The thing is…I know they're good. It's not like we were coming off as these condescending Iowa State guys, were we?

Brent Blum: No. Well, maybe in his mind. To predict that an FCS team would beat a Big 12 team, even though they won 3 games, we realize this, by 3 TDs...is just asinine. It's a shame that the college football playoff is only 4 teams because if there were 5, NDSU would be in it.

Chris Williams: What boggled me about the conversation we just had,though, is that much confidence in anything. I've been saying all week from an Iowa State standpoint, I'm not concerned about North Dakota State because I know they're going to be good. I know exactly what to expect from the... BIZON (condescending) on Saturday. It's all Iowa State to me. And 2, for him to be so guaranteed lock-down, Iowa State's not scoring 17 points…That's ASININE.

Gater
August 31st, 2014, 11:13 AM
Awesome.

Skyhawk71
August 31st, 2014, 11:15 AM
The Welfare Team Post on the link is an exceptional piece of writing...........It is meltdown time in Cyclone Land..........

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 11:15 AM
xlolxxlolxxlolx If you are in need of a good laugh today, check out the http://cyclonefanatic.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9 , Iowa State Football Forum. Pure Gold.... LMAO. Also, got this gem from the Pre-game Radio show. The ISU Pre-game Radio show was taking callers for game predictions. Well, an NDSU fan called in with his prediction. Needless to say, crow tastes good if cooked properly....:D

Not sure if anyone caught him on the radio with a guy who predicted NDSU would win 35-14....they basically laughed him off

Chris Williams: Real quick, we need a pick from you, John. Who do you got and what's the score?

NDSU John: I got NDSU and I absolutely believe they'll win by double digits. So...

Brent Blum: LOL. Wow??!! What??! Wow??! Wooo!

Chris Williams: JOHN???!!!

NDSU John: I put it somewhere around NDSU 35-14. I don't see how you guys put up over 17 points. It would blow my mind-it really would.

Chris Williams: All right. Well, we're gonna quote you on that. We got this recorded and we're gonna play it on the air next week if Iowa State puts up more than 17 points.

NDSU John: It's the same song and dance the Kansas State guy said to me last time. They called me a homer. They said you're coming to play the big boys. It's fine. They tend to forget me the week after the game, but I do appreciate being on with you guys. Anytime you guys want to talk Missouri Valley football or NDSU…

Chris Williams: (Interrupts, very condescending) Trust me, we won't be talking Missouri Valley football again…but if Iowa State plays NDSU again, we'll absolutely call you again. (trailing)You've been a great guest.

Several minutes later………….

Brent Blum: Our buddy John from NDSU needs a physical. My word man.

Chris Williams: Now that you've had time to digest that…

Brent Blum: I'm floored.

Chris Williams: The thing is…I know they're good. It's not like we were coming off as these condescending Iowa State guys, were we?

Brent Blum: No. Well, maybe in his mind. To predict that an FCS team would beat a Big 12 team, even though they won 3 games, we realize this, by 3 TDs...is just asinine. It's a shame that the college football playoff is only 4 teams because if there were 5, NDSU would be in it.

Chris Williams: What boggled me about the conversation we just had,though, is that much confidence in anything. I've been saying all week from an Iowa State standpoint, I'm not concerned about North Dakota State because I know they're going to be good. I know exactly what to expect from the... BIZON (condescending) on Saturday. It's all Iowa State to me. And 2, for him to be so guaranteed lock-down, Iowa State's not scoring 17 points…That's ASININE.

Same type of thing happened a couple years ago.

I predicted a couple of UNIs players would be among the most explosive players they'd see that season, on a message board. I was quoted on their pregame show and mocked....after the game they never gave me credit but said a lot of things like "Well, credit to Iowa State for slowing him down some as he is one of the most athletic guys this team will face this season"

Iowa State is an absolute **** show.

Losses to FCS schools in back to back seasons and 3 times since 07 with squeaked out wins in 2006 and 2011.

The nickname Clowns is earned...

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 11:44 AM
Too bad Iowa did not fall... that would have been glorious.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 11:47 AM
Too bad Iowa did not fall... that would have been glorious.

The state of Iowa would have literally imploded yesterday and it would have been well worth it

centennial
August 31st, 2014, 11:58 AM
The state of Iowa would have literally imploded yesterday and it would have been well worth it
You guys were close. A couple of calls, bounces your way and Iowa was toast. Funny thing, at a half time show on ESPN yesterday someone picked Iowa to make top 4 and get to FBS playoffs this year.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:00 PM
You guys were close. A couple of calls, bounces your way and Iowa was toast. Funny thing, at a half time show on ESPN yesterday someone picked Iowa to make top 4 and get to FBS playoffs this year.

Iowa needed all 128 penalty yards we gave them (some were pretty iffy) and needed a lot of non-calls on holding and PI to hold on.

Had NDSU and UNI switched games yesterday I'd bet the outcomes would have been very, very, similar to what they were

Fordham
August 31st, 2014, 12:06 PM
Awesome win and love the text of that radio show. Great stuff. Dying to know if they let him back on this week to gloat

MTfan4life
August 31st, 2014, 12:16 PM

That's because of their joke of a schedule. It's gotta be one of the worst in all of FBS.

centennial
August 31st, 2014, 12:30 PM
Iowa needed all 128 penalty yards we gave them (some were pretty iffy) and needed a lot of non-calls on holding and PI to hold on.

Had NDSU and UNI switched games yesterday I'd bet the outcomes would have been very, very, similar to what they were
NDSU had probably 200-300 yards of plays called back. The refs for all major conferences are big homers and will try to win them the game.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:49 PM
NDSU had probably 200-300 yards of plays called back. The refs for all major conferences are big homers and will try to win them the game.

A couple big plays that swung the game.

Iowa's first TD run had 3 very, very, obvious holds on the corner right in front of the ref to get the RB the edge and none were called.

Next UNI possession UNI RB Darrian Miller scores a TD on 3rd and goal but it's called back on a hold (it was, I'm not saying it wasn't). However, that hold was much harder to spot and a lot more "iffy" than any of the 3 Iowa got away with. UNI had to settle for a FG

That is a huge point/momentum swing.

UNI had a long 3rd and goal and threw a fade to the endzone Iowa DB molests UNI WR the entire time but isn't called because "he turned his head"...still doesn't excuse the rape. UNI has to kick a FG rather than 1st and goal from the 2.

Later in the game UNI is called for a PI on an identical call, except where the UNI WR got his hands on the ball the Iowa pass was thrown about 17 yards over the intended WR...

Yeah...

NoDak 4 Ever
August 31st, 2014, 12:49 PM
It doesn't matter who pays you, you treat guests with respect and you don't talk **** about them when they get off the phone.

Amateur hour.

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2014, 12:51 PM
It doesn't matter who pays you, you treat guests with respect and you don't talk **** about them when they get off the phone.

Amateur hour.
I'm starting to notice a trend in that state for the FBS schools, though.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 01:00 PM
I'm starting to notice a trend in that state for the FBS schools, though.

Are you starting to understand why I end so many posts with "**** Iowa"

darell1976
August 31st, 2014, 01:07 PM
So if Iowa doesn't buyout the 2016 game, I can imagine what choice of words they will say to you Bison fans especially with Gene Taylor there now. I wonder if the Big 12 is done scheduling NDSU after you guys beating ISU, KSU, and Kansas unless Texas will take a chance against you.

Houndawg
August 31st, 2014, 01:15 PM

I wonder what the pie charts of the penalties in competitive FBS/FCS games would look like, as opposed to penalties in body bag FCS/FBS games.

centennial
August 31st, 2014, 01:20 PM
So if Iowa doesn't buyout the 2016 game, I can imagine what choice of words they will say to you Bison fans especially with Gene Taylor there now. I wonder if the Big 12 is done scheduling NDSU after you guys beating ISU, KSU, and Kansas unless Texas will take a chance against you.
I don't expect them to buyout. Baylor, OSU, OU, KSt, Texas would be favorites over us most years. Why would any of these programs actually schedule NDSU? They have the money to buy an extra win. I would especially like to see a game against Texas, if we win the dumpster fire would be great (plus some of my family went to UT and that is all they would talk about my one year in Austin).
In case you didn't see these. Also helps that most FBS AD's don't want anything to do with us and don't even return our calls.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/08/30/north-dakota-state-bison-fcs-win-streak-iowa-state/14869879/
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24688124/fbs-teams-should-stop-scheduling-north-dakota-state
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/30/6086977/north-dakota-state-fcs-fbs-STOP-PLAYING-THEM

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 01:32 PM
I wonder what the pie charts of the penalties in competitive FBS/FCS games would look like, as opposed to penalties in body bag FCS/FBS games.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/31/ccf15c5025d0295f3359576804969542.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

centennial
August 31st, 2014, 01:45 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/08/31/ccf15c5025d0295f3359576804969542.jpg

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to clenz again.

bjtheflamesfan
August 31st, 2014, 02:03 PM
You are the unofficial statistician and fcs historian for this board clenz

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2014, 02:09 PM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/14e54qr.jpg

catamount man
August 31st, 2014, 02:24 PM
On GAMEDAY, Corso picked Iowa State and Chris Fowler reminded him of the good times in Fargo and Corso smartly goes "Eh, I don't care about them." So glad NDSU won again. screw espn!

citdog
August 31st, 2014, 02:32 PM
http://oi60.tinypic.com/14e54qr.jpg

Dude looks like he was auditioning for a bukkake video.

catamount man
August 31st, 2014, 02:34 PM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catamount man
August 31st, 2014, 02:35 PM
Dude looks like he was auditioning for a bukkake video. Willie Fritz after blowing a 2 td lead against NC State. Has nothing to do with this but given your love for all things GSU, I know you had to love seeing that meltdown.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2014, 02:35 PM
On GAMEDAY, Corso picked Iowa State and Chris Fowler reminded him of the good times in Fargo and Corso smartly goes "Eh, I don't care about them." So glad NDSU won again. screw espn!

Starting a campaign to rename the live Bison mascot from Corso to Herbie.... xlolx

citdog
August 31st, 2014, 02:36 PM
Willie Fritz after blowing a 2 td lead against NC State. Has nothing to do with this but given your love for all things GSU, I know you had to love seeing that meltdown.

GSU barely beat Abeliene Christian. I'm unfamiliar with any others.

catamount man
August 31st, 2014, 02:38 PM
GSU barely beat Incarnate Word. I'm unfamiliar with any others. Okay, pig's ass Georgia. better?

- - - Updated - - -

Starting a campaign to rename the live Bison mascot from Corso to Herbie.... xlolxThat's right, Herbstreit did pick the Bison.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2014, 02:39 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24688124/fbs-teams-should-stop-scheduling-north-dakota-state

When you see all of the FCS teams that have made the move to the FBS level in recent years you have to figure they aren't doing it for the money, but just to get away from North Dakota State.

I can think of at least one..... :D

citdog
August 31st, 2014, 02:40 PM
Okay, pig's ass Georgia. better?

MUCH! Now that I know who you are speaking of Willie's meltdown was GREAT!

CID1990
August 31st, 2014, 03:13 PM
Honestly I don't know why mid major doormats insist on scheduling top 10 FCS teams.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 03:18 PM
You are the unofficial statistician and fcs historian for this board clenz
I've got nothing better to do other than have a life... Which i don't have

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2014, 04:10 PM
https://twitter.com/drakecaggiula/status/505834398097604609

.................. xlolx

JSUBison
August 31st, 2014, 05:25 PM
https://twitter.com/drakecaggiula/status/505834398097604609

.................. xlolx

I r slow and don't do twitter. What am I looking at here?

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 06:06 PM
If there were relegation in college football, as in European soccer, Iowa State would have long been in NAIA by now.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 06:09 PM
I've got some stats...

From a sample of games of where the score was close at the end, or throughout, (within 2 scores) here is what I found

FBS:
67 penalties
499 yards

FCS:
94 penalties
778 yards

FCS was called for nearly 4 more penalties per game....

Doesn't seem like a huge difference, but those 3 penalties and 24 yards can/do make a huge difference

In the body bag games I ran rough numbers and they came out nearly identical with FBS/FCS teams.

I don't know if the difference between tough and body bag games is enough to be "statistically significant" but it is defiantly there.

Hammersmith
August 31st, 2014, 06:46 PM
I r slow and don't do twitter. What am I looking at here?

Watch this first: http://hot975fm.com/iowa-sports-reporter-slams-north-dakota-and-ndsu-in-every-possible-way-video/

(personally, I think the video is hilarious, but a lot of Bison and general North Dakotans took offense)

IBleedYellow
August 31st, 2014, 06:52 PM
Watch this first: http://hot975fm.com/iowa-sports-reporter-slams-north-dakota-and-ndsu-in-every-possible-way-video/

(personally, I think the video is hilarious, but a lot of Bison and general North Dakotans took offense)
Aka: People don't know satire.

JSUBison
August 31st, 2014, 07:22 PM

OK I understand now. Twitter is confusing to me, I never know who is saying what to who with the "@'s and #" and retweets, but I have deciphered the message. A UND hockey player sticking up for NDSU, well kiss my grits! xlolx

Go Bison
August 31st, 2014, 08:12 PM
I only saw parts of the Iowa/Northern Iowa game but I know at one point that UNI had 16 penalties and Iowa had ZERO. The statistical odds of that happening are almost zero. It sure seemed like home cooking to me.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 08:17 PM
Aka: People don't know satire.

No ****. That was awesome. Did people actually get worked up over that...if so I'm sorry that is a pathetic sense of humor Bison fans. For a local TV dude that was pretty damn strong work.

Let's talk about art1 "We have a collection of Papa Johns turd people".

Cleets
August 31st, 2014, 08:17 PM
I only saw parts of the Iowa/Northern Iowa game but I know at one point that UNI had 16 penalties and Iowa had ZERO. The statistical odds of that happening are almost zero. It sure seemed like home cooking to me.

That officiating crew was under strict orders to make damn sure the final score reflected the importance of that game to the Hawkeyes

Bisonoline
August 31st, 2014, 08:22 PM
No ****. That was awesome. Did people actually get worked up over that...if so I'm sorry that is a pathetic sense of humor Bison fans. For a local TV dude that was pretty damn strong work.

I loved it!!!!

Bisonator
August 31st, 2014, 08:23 PM

Agreed I thought the video was hilarious.....his schtick on our radio show after the game was just pathetic though. He needs to stick to the scripted stuff.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 08:26 PM
Agreed I thought the video was hilarious.....his schtick on our radio show after the game was just pathetic though. He needs to stick to the scripted stuff.

Oh, I never heard that.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 08:27 PM
That officiating crew was under strict orders to make damn sure the final score reflected the importance of that game to the Hawkeyes
Sad thing is i wouldn't be shocked if that was real close to the truth.

PantherRob82
August 31st, 2014, 08:50 PM

I didn't have much of a problem with the penalty differential.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 09:27 PM
I didn't have much of a problem with the penalty differential.

I have little problem with most of the penalties on UNI.

The lack of calls on obvious things, or things that were called on UNI, is my issue.

JayJ79
August 31st, 2014, 09:30 PM
I've got some stats...
From a sample of games of where the score was close at the end, or throughout, (within 2 scores) here is what I found
FBS:
67 penalties
499 yards

FCS:
94 penalties
778 yards

FCS was called for nearly 4 more penalties per game....
Doesn't seem like a huge difference, but those 3 penalties and 24 yards can/do make a huge difference
In the body bag games I ran rough numbers and they came out nearly identical with FBS/FCS teams.
I don't know if the difference between tough and body bag games is enough to be "statistically significant" but it is defiantly there.

I could see some differential being due to the FCS team trying harder, being more aggressive, trying to win "the big game", while the FBS team isn't pushing the envelope quite as hard.

Also, fatigue could play a factor, as the FCS team will run their starters longer, while the FBS team can sub a bit more as their extra scholarships tend to yield more depth. And a tired player might make a few more mistakes.

With the "bodybag" games, once the lead becomes insurmountable, there isn't as much envelope pushing, and more subs get put in on both sides (which could also mean some very inexperienced players getting playing time on the FBS side, which can lead to penalties for them too).

that being said, it did seem excessively one-sided at the UNI/Iowa game, and it was a Big "Ten" officiating crew (or at least the head ref has done many Big "Ten" games in the past)

JayJ79
August 31st, 2014, 09:35 PM
If there were relegation in college football, as in European soccer, Iowa State would have long been in NAIA by now.

nah, they'd probably be a mid-level MVFC team. Especially since NDSU (and possibly UNI) would have been promoted under such a system.

UNIFanSince1983
August 31st, 2014, 11:31 PM
I have little problem with most of the penalties on UNI.

The lack of calls on obvious things, or things that were called on UNI, is my issue.

Yeah the biggest issue is Iowa only being called for a few penalties, and the ones they were called for made little difference in the outcome of the game.

I think our coaching staff can take the blame for some of our penalty troubles. 4 delay of game penalties is unacceptable. We even got a delay of game on a kickoff. I didn't even know that was possible. Coaching staff needs to get the plays in sooner. It was pathetic. Then our All-American DT who is literally right on top of the ball got two offsides penalties in a row. Pathetic display that needs to get cleaned up soon!!

JayJ79
August 31st, 2014, 11:55 PM
Yeah the biggest issue is Iowa only being called for a few penalties, and the ones they were called for made little difference in the outcome of the game.

I think our coaching staff can take the blame for some of our penalty troubles. 4 delay of game penalties is unacceptable. We even got a delay of game on a kickoff. I didn't even know that was possible. Coaching staff needs to get the plays in sooner. It was pathetic. Then our All-American DT who is literally right on top of the ball got two offsides penalties in a row. Pathetic display that needs to get cleaned up soon!!

I can't believe Farley didn't call timeout during at least one of those back-to-back delay of games. Actually, according to the BTN announcers, Ferentz was calling for a timeout on the second one. sheesh.

As far as Williams' offsides, on at least one of those, Iowa's center had some funky movements that might have drawn him offsides. Plus, I'd have to imagine he was pretty gassed by that time. Still something that might need cleaned up, but I wouldn't call it "pathetic"

Professor Chaos
September 1st, 2014, 12:30 AM
Andy Fales >>>>> K-State Mask. If the humorless folks who took offense to the first video can't see the satire in this second one they need to be deported. For the rest of us, its a classic rebuttal proving that NDSU just got lucky.... :D

http://whotv.com/2014/08/31/whats-bugging-andy-bison-beat-iowa-state/

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2014, 01:07 AM
Andy Fales >>>>> K-State Mask. If the humorless folks who took offense to the first video can't see the satire in this second one they need to be deported. For the rest of us, its a classic rebuttal proving that NDSU just got lucky.... :D

That dude is freaking funny man. I like him. He come off like a bit of a Douchenose a couple times though. xlolx

MTfan4life
September 1st, 2014, 01:39 AM

I laughed non-stop. Satire on top of sarcasm on top of more satire! This guy is the man!!

Green1
September 1st, 2014, 02:53 AM
That dude is freaking funny man. I like him. He come off like a bit of a Douchenose a couple times though. xlolx

Amen, brother.

*douchenose- adj. describes any journalist that puts down North Dakota State University.

related catagories: Montana State Athletic Director