PDA

View Full Version : Davidson 56, College Of Faith 0

DFW HOYA
August 30th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Check out the CofF jerseys...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVe70jthekM

BisonFan02
August 30th, 2014, 10:52 PM
Couldn't see the jerseys...the horrendous football got in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL...look at the effort of the DL by College of Faith at 2:10ish

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2014, 10:54 PM
They obviously lack the funding to be a legit program. The school itself it's basically fraudulent. The NCAA should not allow a program like this to exist....

DFW HOYA
August 30th, 2014, 11:08 PM
The NCAA should not allow a program like this to exist....

They are not an NCAA school. Not even NAIA.

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2014, 12:13 AM
They are not an NCAA school. Not even NAIA.

Why on earth were they playing Davidson? And more important why did Davidson schedule them to begin with? College of Faith appears to be a recreational club team. Which is fine, of course - I'm glad they have a football team. But wasn't it inappropriate for Davidson to schedule and play a club team? That's hardly fair and reasonable competition.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:24 AM
Am i the only one concerned that Davidson beat a club team by only 56?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MTfan4life
August 31st, 2014, 12:29 AM

You're concerned that the worst team in the FCS in 2013 had enough mercy to call off the dogs after hanging 56 on an opponent they obviously scheduled merely for a cheap home game? I think you need to find more worthy concerns...

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2014, 12:38 AM

#Ihaveeligibilityleft

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2014, 12:40 AM
Am I the only one concerned that Davidson beat a club team by only 56?

I would have thought better of Davidson, in particular. They even had the cojones to trump the win (http://www.davidsonwildcats.com/news/2014/8/30/FB_0830144322.aspx?path=football) on their web page. Really inappropriate for them, IMHO. That's not befitting of the Davidson College that I always have known. Shame. xsmhx

chattanoogamocs
August 31st, 2014, 01:22 AM
I think this team... http://www.tsbtigers.org/ ...could beat College of Faith (mainly because they wouldn't be "blinded" by those jerseys)

ursus arctos horribilis
August 31st, 2014, 02:04 AM
Davidson played a road construction crew...interesting.

citdog
August 31st, 2014, 02:06 AM
If they played 10 times how many times would the COF beat georgetown?

3?

Ivytalk
August 31st, 2014, 07:23 AM

3?

I wondered how many posts it would take in this thread for someone to mention Georgetown!xlolx

Go Green
August 31st, 2014, 07:44 AM
I wondered how many posts it would take in this thread for someone to mention Georgetown!xlolx

The way Harvard's OOC scheduling is going, they won't be far behind.

:)

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 07:52 AM
You're concerned that the worst team in the FCS in 2013 had enough mercy to call off the dogs after hanging 56 on an opponent they obviously scheduled merely for a cheap home game? I think you need to find more worthy concerns...
Yes... Not the mercy thing but the fact they only got to 56 against whatever this thing was even with mercy.

Most fcs team should hang 56 on them in the first quarter

Tubakat2014
August 31st, 2014, 08:01 AM
Couldn't see the jerseys...the horrendous football got in the way.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL...look at the effort of the DL by College of Faith at 2:10ish

He would have been better off standing there like a glitched Madden player than attempting that ridiculous jump.

Ivytalk
August 31st, 2014, 08:09 AM
The way Harvard's OOC scheduling is going, they won't be far behind.

:)

You people really do hate Harvard, don't you? See you on November 1, big talker.:p

DFW HOYA
August 31st, 2014, 08:47 AM

3?

Georgetown has won eight of its last nine against Davidson, and outscored the Wildcats 77-20 in its last two games. Davidson dropped its series with Georgetown as a result and picked up College of Faith to get an easy win. Next up for Davidson: Catawba College.

Skyhawk71
August 31st, 2014, 09:07 AM
Catawba should beat Davidson.........

catamount man
August 31st, 2014, 09:08 AM
College of Faith is the favorite home game for every d2 team in the South Atlantic Conference. Brevard College and Tusculum College have made a habit out of playing them. BC beat them 69-0 last year if that tells you anything. A normal FCS team would hang 100 on them and a P5 would break the Ga Tech-Cumberland score of 1916. They are a glorified Bible school that fields a football team and yes there are good religious colleges that play good football, BYU, ND, etc, but this "school" isn't in the same universe.

OL FU
August 31st, 2014, 09:45 AM

I am actually shocked Davidson could beat anyone by 56

hebmskebm
August 31st, 2014, 09:45 AM
It's important to remember that College of Faith and University of Faith are two different schools. Though they both field similarly awful football teams.

Drblankstare
August 31st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Football that bad would make me question the existence of God. Maybe change the name to "College of Faith?":D

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 10:22 AM

Haha... my thought was "at least Georgetown finally found someone they can schedule."

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 11:37 AM
I am actually shocked Davidson could beat anyone by 56

I suppose I never thought of it that way.

I change my original statement.

PROGRAM CHANGING W FOR DAVIDSON!

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 11:38 AM
I suppose I never thought of it that way.

I change my original statement.

PROGRAM CHANGING W FOR DAVIDSON!

Exactly, everyone is entitled to a cupcake game!

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 11:45 AM

I just never thought a D1...even if it's D1 INO...team would need to go to the club level to find one of them.

Having said that, Drake got smashed by an NAIA team for the second straight year yesterday...

Do PFL fans, or anyone for that matter, still wonder why 99% of FCS fans think it's an absolute joke they get a bid to the playoffs? Seriously, drop the damn Dayton rule and let them go get smashed by the damn D3 schools. Drake would probably finish 5th or 6th in the Iowa Intercollegiate Athletic Conference at the D3 level. I can say that with confidence...since as FormerPokeCenter has pointed out before I can only judge talent based on the level I played at. Good thing I played at that level

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 11:47 AM
#Ihaveeligibilityleft

Since they aren't NCAA I do as well.

I only used 1 year of NCAA eligibility and since my NCAA clock closed and I technically still get a medical RS for my freshman year and have 4 years left at the NAIA, or lower, level since NAIA runs on it's own clock

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2014, 11:48 AM

Like Lehigh, for instance. We hung 50 on them.

Everyone should try it.

Model Citizen
August 31st, 2014, 12:05 PM
Yes, Davidson and Drake are poor teams. But let's get some facts straight. C of F is not a club team. Grand View is the best in NAIA, and hasn't lost since sometime in 2012.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:08 PM
Yes, Davidson and Drake are poor teams. But let's get some facts straight. C of F is not a club team. Grand View is the best in NAIA, and hasn't lost since sometime in 2012.

and their program is only like 6 years old...and they would be CRUSHED by any of the top 8 or 9 in the MVFC, Big Sky, CAA, SLC, and top 6 in the SoCon.

They are NA FEAKING IA.....Not even NAIA D1...they are NAIA D2

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:09 PM
A D1 team should NEVER....EVER....EVER lose to a NAIA team - or whatever Faith is.

EVER

Period

Under any circumstance

Ever

Lehigh'98
August 31st, 2014, 12:17 PM

This contradicts what DFWHoya said. I'm too lazy to search. Curious how a club team would be funded? Guess Davidson covered their travel.

DFW HOYA
August 31st, 2014, 12:55 PM
This contradicts what DFWHoya said. I'm too lazy to search. Curious how a club team would be funded? Guess Davidson covered their travel.

College of Faith is not in the NAIA. It is an independent paogram.

http://www.naia.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27900&ATCLID=205322922

As to travel, it's 25 minutes to Davidson from C of F.

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:56 PM
They literally are a club team per a news report last week

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/29/5138201/college-of-faith-hoping-to-extend.html#.VANhJGPCcjQ

Richardson said the school is still in the accreditation process and isn’t yet affiliated with an athletic conference or is a member in the NCAA or NAIA.

Also in that article...

College of Faith is a Christian-based online school. According to the school’s website, it offers degree programs “to prepare Christians for leadership positions as pastors, ministers, teachers, mission workers and community servants for the Lord while emphasizing Christian character.” Charlotte’s College of Faith is an extension of the school’s main campus in West Memphis, Ark., along with other branches in Oklahoma and Florida. While its courses are online only, the Charlotte school is headquartered at the Cosmopolitan Community Church in West Charlotte, where the football team holds meetings and study hall.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/29/5138201/college-of-faith-hoping-to-extend.html#storylink=cpy

The Saints were 1-7 last season, their lone victory coming against North Georgia Sports Academy, a junior college. College of Faith struggled in other games, including losses against NCAA Division II teams Brevard (69-0) and Tusculum, Tenn. (63-0).

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/08/29/5138201/college-of-faith-hoping-to-extend.html#storylink=cpy

A

A

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 12:57 PM
Further proof it's a club team

http://www.ncsasports.org/athletic-scholarships/football/north-carolina/college-of-faith

Athletics Information

Conference:N/A
Division: CLUB

“College of Faith football program is in its 2nd year of college football. We don't have S.A.T. or G.P.A. academic eligibility requirements. Our football program competes against NCAA D2, D3 and NAIA schools."

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 01:00 PM
For a closer look at those uniforms

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10563034_325142294320687_6104631402940468686_n.jpg ?oh=87c511fcb8548457ca94f0ca4411a34a&oe=5478A499&__gda__=1415936687_3b61abb59333cf7cddca81d743757e5 4

and

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10403248_321899534644963_6940252768692950768_n.jpg ?oh=eba3852f13e6a67d035c8f42dbe3908c&oe=5460010E

Those also seem to prove club status. Not school colors, no school affiliation on it, no nothing

OL FU
August 31st, 2014, 01:02 PM
I give them credit for playing. They are certainly doing it for fun. Glad Davidson found someone they could beat.

walliver
August 31st, 2014, 01:04 PM
They obviously lack the funding to be a legit program. The school itself it's basically fraudulent. The NCAA should not allow a program like this to exist....

I assume you are talking about Davidson. I agree.

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 01:04 PM
I just totally lost respect for Davidson football...

DFW HOYA
August 31st, 2014, 01:08 PM
How is a club team defined? Generally, a club team is not promoted on an official web site as C of F does. Also, it plays a majority NCAA schedule:

Davidson (Division I- Pioneer)
Tusculum (Division II- South Atlantic)
Limestone (Division II- CVAC)
North Georgia Sports Academy (Club)
Clark-Atlanta (Division II-SIAC)
Orangeburg Calhoun Tech (Junior College - Club)
Wesley (Division III - CAC)
University of Faith (Independent)
Brevard (Division II- South Atlantic)

I see College of Faith as an independent team that would like to play in Div. II at some point.

Franks Tanks
August 31st, 2014, 01:11 PM
I guess the "Sisters of the Poor" were busy. Davidson should be ashamed of themselves. This should not be counted as a Win in the record books.

Lehigh'98
August 31st, 2014, 01:22 PM
Does it even count as a win? Are there no standards? What is the difference btw playing them and the PL posting all stars, captained by Bogie and LFN?

OL FU
August 31st, 2014, 01:25 PM
I just totally lost respect for Davidson football...

xdrunkyx I admire Davidson for playing football. But for the life of me I can't figure out why they do. xeyebrowx

Skyhawk71
August 31st, 2014, 03:15 PM
A D1 team should NEVER....EVER....EVER lose to a NAIA team - or whatever Faith is.

EVER

Period

Under any circumstance

Ever

2010 Lambuth (NAIA) 23 Georgia State 14; yes I bring this up every year when the opportunity presents itself...........Lambuth is now closed, the campus is the University of Memphis-Lambuth Campus in Jackson TN-

TheRevSFA
August 31st, 2014, 03:58 PM
Davidson should be embarrassed

Go Green
August 31st, 2014, 04:50 PM
Davidson should be embarrassed

Is this really all that different from basketball teams scheduling a tune-up against a D-III squad (which most Ivies do every year)?

underdawg
August 31st, 2014, 05:01 PM
You guys got something against Faith and Football?---hahah! Seriously, don't a lot of players always tout their faith when they do something great on the field, sometimes pointing up and sometimes kneeling to "pray" about whatever--why not have a team specifically for them too?

Lehigh'98
August 31st, 2014, 05:05 PM
Is this really all that different from basketball teams scheduling a tune-up against a D-III squad (which most Ivies do every year)?

Yes, football is a much shorter season with 11-12 each year, theoretically making each game somewhat important. Most schools, not the ancient 8, are eligible to qualify for playoffs. Beating a club squad should not count as a win. There are numerous NCAA or NAIA teams to choose from for an easier game that could be considered an actual win. This was nothing more than a scrimmage.

Basketball has numerous games and the fact that the D3 schools are part of NCAA makes them legit wins, even if cupcakes. Club squads are not legit wins. Any organization could have a club football team.

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 06:03 PM

Yes... it's Division III... this is 'club'... meaning, there are no barriers of entry to join. I can play football if I wanted to as a student at College of Faith, I couldn't play football if I wanted to at Amherst. ("wanted to" meaning just show-up at a practice and you are on the team... no try-out. That is what club is..."

clenz
August 31st, 2014, 06:15 PM
How is a club team defined? Generally, a club team is not promoted on an official web site as C of F does. Also, it plays a majority NCAA schedule:

I see College of Faith as an independent team that would like to play in Div. II at some point.

Club teams can play anyone that wants to play them...

UNI has had club baseball, hockey, rugby, cycling, etc... that have played against true varsity teams from JUCO to NAIA to D3 to D1.

If a team doesn't have true varsity sports and considers their club sports to be their athletic department they will list them on their website as "official" programs, but it doesn't make them varsity programs.

Bogus Megapardus
August 31st, 2014, 06:56 PM
Lafayette has a lot of athletic club teams listed under "athletics" on the college web site - ice hockey, wrestling, bowling, etc., and even some club teams that also are varsity sports - lacrosse, baseball, field hockey, etc - all of which are intercollegiate. This is true at just about any school, isn't it?

blackbeard
August 31st, 2014, 08:12 PM

Everyone here is anxiously waiting the match up between College of Faith and University of Faith....epic rivalry.....Battle of Faith

BluBengal07
August 31st, 2014, 08:35 PM
Everyone here is anxiously waiting the match up between College of Faith and University of Faith....epic rivalry.....Battle of Faith

Mississippi Valley state beat University of Faith 32-7.

Faith will be tested though blackbeard.

BisonFan02
August 31st, 2014, 08:36 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID8967/images/bisonpuck(1).jpg

Oh yeah....... xlolx

kdinva
September 5th, 2014, 05:24 AM
More good results for the College of Faith:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11468858/tusculum-sets-ncaa-record-minus-100-total-yards-allowed

Lehigh'98
September 5th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Who will be the first team to give up a touchdown to COF?

PAllen
September 5th, 2014, 08:29 AM

Gptta go with Faith in that one.

OhioHen
September 5th, 2014, 08:42 AM
The best part about the website for College of Faith is that the schedule page lists

November 22 National Championship xlolx

UNH Fanboi
September 5th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Yes... it's Division III... this is 'club'... meaning, there are no barriers of entry to join. I can play football if I wanted to as a student at College of Faith, I couldn't play football if I wanted to at Amherst. ("wanted to" meaning just show-up at a practice and you are on the team... no try-out. That is what club is..."

There are no barriers of entry to the PFL either. Any PFL team can just throw 11 bodies on the field and be eligible for the FCS playoffs. It's a joke.

2ram
September 5th, 2014, 09:10 AM
More good results for the College of Faith:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11468858/tusculum-sets-ncaa-record-minus-100-total-yards-allowed

wow... that is embarassing....

melloware13
September 5th, 2014, 10:12 AM
At least at Delaware, most interscholastic club sports have try-outs (obviously not as rigorous as getting on varsity). Intramurals though are you can play if you want to.

FCSfan
September 5th, 2014, 10:39 AM
davidson needs these wins because they would struggle with a decent high school schedule.

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2014, 10:40 AM
There are no barriers of entry to the PFL either. Any PFL team can just throw 11 bodies on the field and be eligible for the FCS playoffs. It's a joke.

There are barriers to the PFL in that a team must be eligible for NCAA play and meet the conference standards. For example, Loyola-Chicago or DePaul could not join the PFL because their teams do not compete within the NCAA.

http://www.lucfootball.com/about.html

Sandlapper Spike
September 5th, 2014, 11:36 AM
The best part about the website for College of Faith is that the schedule page lists

November 22 National Championship xlolx

It may be a rematch against the University of Faith. They apparently are the only two members of the American Small College Athletic Association.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 5th, 2014, 12:17 PM
That faith isn't going to last very long, is it?

Texas
September 5th, 2014, 12:36 PM
That faith isn't going to last very long, is it?

Reddit just uncovered a scam. Very interesting read. http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/2fk0z4/oc_are_there_two_fake_schools_operating_on_the/

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2014, 08:10 PM
At least at Delaware, most interscholastic club sports have try-outs (obviously not as rigorous as getting on varsity). Intramurals though are you can play if you want to.

Interesting. I guess it depends on size of the school. Lafayette club hockey did not cut people, but then again how many people on campus have actually played hockey? But I assume Faith is a small school.

FargoBison
September 5th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Davidson doing the PFL proud. What a joke of a conference.

Texas
September 5th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Interesting. I guess it depends on size of the school. Lafayette club hockey did not cut people, but then again how many people on campus have actually played hockey? But I assume Faith is a small school.

Faith is a for profit "school". Their website is a template and emails are yahoo/gmail accounts. They are making money off of kids that just want to play ball at "the next level" and real schools like Davidson paying for a win.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Yotes
September 6th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Their football coach is also the Athletic Director and President. Not bad for a homeless man.

downbythebeach
September 6th, 2014, 07:19 AM
I actually know one of their coordinators well. My impression is that this is like a "semi-pro" team like those ones that many small towns have but under the guise of being a college. My friend was super excited to get the job and I remember him bragging up playing fcs Davidson on facebook.

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2014, 08:18 AM
I actually know one of their coordinators well. My impression is that this is like a "semi-pro" team like those ones that many small towns have but under the guise of being a college. My friend was super excited to get the job and I remember him bragging up playing fcs Davidson on facebook.

LOL! Even Davidson can be someone's version of Alabama.

UNH Fanboi
September 6th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Catawba - 35
Davidson - 7

Yotes
September 6th, 2014, 09:17 PM
And their 7 came in the 4th quarter when they were already down 35-0.