PDA

View Full Version : Week 6 Gateway predictions...5 GFC teams still vying for playoff spots

birdsflyhigh
October 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM
Gateway week #6 features a couple of games that could have playoff implications: WKU @ UNI and SIU @ YSU. The other 2 games "should" be laughers: MSU @ IL St and IN St. @ WIU.

First the potential laughers:

IN St. @ WIU 42-14 Leathernecks

WIU should finish up the season at 6-5. The Leathernecks FINALLY got over the hump last week with a HUGE road win at UNI, and now they take on the Sycamores and Bears for their final two games. Out of WIU's 4 GFC losses, 3 of them were razor close (within a touchdown). I swear if this Leatherneck team were in lesser I-AA conference, they would probably win that conference and being heading into the playoffs with a full head of steam. The Gateway is just that tough this season, and WIU could wind up going 6-5 (3-4 GFC), but STILL finish a distant sixth...that's WILD!!

The poor Sys...6 of their 7 Gateway opponents are top-notch I-AA programs. I do think this upcoming season that IN St. will win a couple of non-con games and be a little more competitive in the Gateway.

MSU @ IL St. 48-10 Redbirds

The Redbirds got their wakeup call last weekend against a Penguin team that came to play. Look for ISU to bounce back with a new found sense of purpose and focus. Obviously the YSU game proved the Birds need to play at their TOP level to compete against the better GFC teams. MSU is currently in the Gateway cellar, and I think the Birds are going to want to make a strong statement after last week's debacle.

It's ISU's senior day and the Birds last home game. If 15,300 fans show for this game, then ISU would set an all-time attendance mark, so could be a good sized crowd. Redbird QB Luke Drone did not have a particularly good game versus the Guins and RB Pierre Rembert was held down too. Against MSU both Drone and Rembert should be able to do some serious damage.

and now for the 2 crazy games:

SIU @ YSU 35-31 Penguins

YSU got a BIG road win last week at IL St., and I see the Guins continuing their winning ways at home by getting by the Salukis in a wild and wooly offensively explosive game. The contest features 2 of the Gateway's top RBs in YSU's Marcus Mason and SIU's Arkee Whitlock. If YSU QB Tom Zetts duplicates last week's performance, then the edge definitely goes to the Penguins.

Should be a large and boisterous crowd at the Ice Castle with it being YSU's last regular season game. SIU didn't exactly smack down MSU last week, but the Salukis KNOW they can still win the Gateway with some help. Should be a heck of a game. Damn, this conference rocks!!

WKU @ UNI 28-27 Panthers

Like IL St., the Panthers got a wake-up call of their own last week... a home loss ala WIU. The Hilltoppers have seeming come out of left field. WKU getting a win in the UNI-Dome would greatly enchance their chances at winning (or at least sharing) a Gateway crown. The Tops put on a show last week in their wallop over the Sycamores...41-3 ouch! Now both teams backs are against the proverbial wall. And the question is which team will respond.

I think BOTH teams come out and battle till the final seconds in a game that's very tough to pick. I'm going with the Panthers at home in bounce back mode. UNI QB Eric Sanders better be at the top of his game because the Hilltoppers D has really came together and improved throughout the season. WOW!!!..this is an absolute war between 2 teams that both have aspirations of capturing at least of a part of the Gateway championship.

Hopefully we have alot more fans weigh in this week with their predictions. What do you guys think of this week's games? :)

crunifan
October 31st, 2006, 04:51 PM
I have no idea what will happen.

The UNI game depends on which UNI team decides to show up. If it is the team that just expects to walk into the dome and win (which they have done EVERY home game) then we will walk out with a L. If they play like do on the road, we will get the W.

FlyYtown
October 31st, 2006, 06:30 PM
IN St. @ WIU
Western Illinois 28-10

MSU @ IL St.
Illinois State 31-13

SIU @ YSU
Youngstown St. 31-17

First off, I am not looking past a very good SIU team; but I am looking at the performance of this team. No team has stopped Marcus Mason this year and no team will because of his smaller height but great moves. Zetts can do whatever he did last week between the short passes to the draws, and I will be happy! With the exception of the Penn St. game; we either won the game or gave the game away; ala UNI.
and yes we gave the UNI game away: 5 turnovers; 2 in the redzone cost us that win----ALL IN THE 2ND HALF!

I see a big walkup crowd come down Saturday at 1pm et to cheer on these 27 Seniors and show them they are behind them in every single way. Of course if we do what we should; this will not be the last home game of the year. Go Guins!!!

WKU @ UNI
Western Kentucky 24-21

WKU is underrated and is a chip shot from being the only undefeated team in the Gateway... They have turned it up the past 2 weeks and have really showed how good they can be on defense.

WKU shuts down Sanders this week and proves there UNI Dome Magic is no more lol!!! The kicker who lost it for them vs. ILSU; will win it for them this week.

crunifan
October 31st, 2006, 07:43 PM
Dome Magic does exist. And we shall show the Penguins it next year when we beat you for the 7th straight year.

That being said, no, we haven't played as well as normal in the dome this year. But that hardly means any team can just waltze in there and beat us.

Also, please, please, please don't try and tell me that Youngstown gave UNI the win. Sure, you messed up A LOT in the second half. But you were outplayed ALL game. Your defense couldn't stop us the first half. Stop acting like the Penguins are the class of the Gateway (shame on me for using that phrase :()

Saluki_man
October 31st, 2006, 09:27 PM
The two easy perdictions are WIU and IL St wins, but the hard ones are the SIU@YSU and WKU@UNI games.

WKU@UNI -The game of who wants it more. Looser probably out of playoffs and demoralized, winner 95% a lock. Even though UNI is at home, gotta go with the team that has played with a chip on the shoulder in WKU. This team seems to be on a mission and is playing that way. WKU wins in the dome 27-24

SIU@YSU -Possible let down game for YSU after the big win in Normal. SIU got some confidence back and needs to be less predictable on first down. IF SIU takes out the crowd early, they can win. The question will be can YSU get up for this game and not look past it to WKU. I know that it is the final regular season home game for the Guins, but if they don't come out fired up they will lose. This will be a close high scoring game with the winner having the last possesion. SIU wins in a classic barn burner 54-51.

igo4uni
October 31st, 2006, 09:36 PM
there UNI Dome Magic is no more

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

igo4uni
October 31st, 2006, 09:39 PM
Ok, here's my opinion:

Indy State and MSU lose...no surprise there.

I think YSU wins over SIU.

I think UNI is going to go on a winning streak similar to last year's. When UNI got that 3rd loss last year, they kept winning until they got to the NC game. I expect a similar winning streak this year. :twocents:

FlyYtown
October 31st, 2006, 09:49 PM
Dome Magic does exist. And we shall show the Penguins it next year when we beat you for the 7th straight year.

That being said, no, we haven't played as well as normal in the dome this year. But that hardly means any team can just waltze in there and beat us.

Also, please, please, please don't try and tell me that Youngstown gave UNI the win. Sure, you messed up A LOT in the second half. But you were outplayed ALL game. Your defense couldn't stop us the first half. Stop acting like the Penguins are the class of the Gateway (shame on me for using that phrase :()

Listen, for sure UNI outplayed Youngstown State all game... but in the end, we lost by just EIGHT Points.... We had 5 second half turnovers------two of which were in the redzone.. You do not turn that ball over those 2 drives; we win....

YSU has been outplayed quite a few times... but it doesn't mean in the end we couldn't get the WIN.......

YSU could've very well won the UNI game, and last week vs. ILSU is the team we expected all season long.

GO PENGUINS.....
WIN THE GATEWAY!

shakdaddy3
November 1st, 2006, 08:29 AM
Listen, for sure UNI outplayed Youngstown State all game... but in the end, we lost by just EIGHT Points.... We had 5 second half turnovers------two of which were in the redzone.. You do not turn that ball over those 2 drives; we win....

YSU has been outplayed quite a few times... but it doesn't mean in the end we couldn't get the WIN.......

YSU could've very well won the UNI game, and last week vs. ILSU is the team we expected all season long.

GO PENGUINS.....
WIN THE GATEWAY!

Fly, you guys lost and got beat... maybe they forced those 2 turnovers... maybe you guys only get field goals out of those 2 possesions in the redzone... maybe, maybe, maybe, could would shoulda...

you guys outgained us by about 300 yards and we only lost by 2 scores... for most of the game we were only down by one score... but, im not gonna sit here and say any coulda would shouldas because those didn't happen... we lost to you... you lost to UNI... simple, accept it, or whine like you did about the playoffs last year :nono:

BillLuc1982
November 1st, 2006, 08:38 AM
YSU beat themselves against UNI! No looking back, Go YSU Beat SIU!

shakdaddy3
November 1st, 2006, 08:46 AM
YSU beat themselves against UNI! No looking back, Go YSU Beat SIU!
you guys can say that all you want to feel that you have a nice litttle moral victory, a nice little IF victory... how come it can't be that UNI beat you guys by forcing 5 turnovers? i don't get why the loss can't just be accepted...

our O and Dline played like crap against YSU... i could say that we beat ourselves by not blocking worth a **** and not executing... but whatever reason i feel we lost that game, it's still a loss... :bawling:

so, any team that turn the ball over then beat themselves instead of getting beat? i don't get it...

crunifan
November 1st, 2006, 09:08 AM
you guys can say that all you want to feel that you have a nice litttle moral victory, a nice little IF victory... how come it can't be that UNI beat you guys by forcing 5 turnovers? i don't get why the loss can't just be accepted...

our O and Dline played like crap against YSU... i could say that we beat ourselves by not blocking worth a **** and not executing... but whatever reason i feel we lost that game, it's still a loss... :bawling:

so, any team that turn the ball over then beat themselves instead of getting beat? i don't get it...

Why can't all people be this reasonable? :hurray:

nmatsen
November 1st, 2006, 09:14 AM
No, if UNI would have lost to YSU we would have beaten ourselves because we had turnovers too! When both teams turn the ball over, the better team wins, both teams turned the ball over. Deal with it!

penguin8797
November 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM
Very tough call. I will go with YSU over SIU since I'm a YSU fan, but also I think SIU is not as strong overall as in the previous few years and YSU should be able to run the ball. UNI and WKU is a real toss up. Home field to UNI but WKU has been overlooked this year. UNI will not overlook them, but I'll go with WKU by a nose due to their defense although I admit I don't know much about their Offense. The other Gateway games should go as expected.

GoGuins
November 1st, 2006, 02:39 PM

GO PENGUINS.....
WIN THE GATEWAY!

woulda, coulda, shoulda...move on & get over it:bang:

BillLuc1982
November 1st, 2006, 02:47 PM
My Predictions for the weekend of Nov. 4

YSU 38, SIU 20 -- Ice Castle will be too much for the Salukis to handle

ILSU 52, MSU 24 -- ILSU takes advantage of early lead coming off a loss to YSU. MSU will score a couple of late-game touchdowns when ILSU is resting its players but will still lose by 28.

WIU 37, INSU 7 -- Next game please.

UNI 29, WKU 10 -- UNIDome too much for WKU. Also helps that UNI is coming off a loss.

ISUMatt
November 1st, 2006, 05:04 PM

Im glad to see this, last season ILS lost to YSU throwing 3 4th quarter INTS, but the focus was solely on how bad our coach is and no one said a word about anything else...at the time we didnt give YSU any credit for good defense either...Sometimes we are so blinded by we shoulda won, we never give credit where it is due, THE OTHER TEAM!!!

ISUMatt
November 1st, 2006, 05:05 PM
I like...

WIU
ILS
YSU
UNI

PantherRob82
November 1st, 2006, 06:32 PM

UNI 21, WKU 17 -- UNI beats WKU on the road, but a 19-yard field goal will not be the difference. They're angry after losing to WIU and stay alive for a playoff spot!

We're at home. :rolleyes:

FlyYtown
November 1st, 2006, 07:44 PM
ISUMATT...

You guys did beat yourselves last year against YSU, we had no business winning that game in my book!

ISUMatt
November 1st, 2006, 08:01 PM
OK well I guess your D deserved No credit for anything then Thanks for clearing that up!

Daved
November 1st, 2006, 08:18 PM

Also, please, please, please don't try and tell me that Youngstown gave UNI the win. Sure, you messed up A LOT in the second half. But you were outplayed ALL game. Your defense couldn't stop us the first half. Stop acting like the Penguins are the class of the Gateway (shame on me for using that phrase :()Can't you people in Iowa get it thru your heads that your victory over us was a fluke??you can't all be as dense as Crap'n Cat! You beat us the last 6 times because you had a better team for the last 5 years.This year you get beat by a D2 team and WIU in your"Dome of Doom"-doesn't that tell you something? We beat ourselves-you can't take all the credit for 5 turnovers and 8 penalties and you surely can't take credit for receivers dropping passes in their hands.Zetts made poor decisions by throwing into double coverage but he learned his lesson and ran with it this past week redeeming himself with over 100yds rushing vs. ILS.Tell ya what -if your Purple Pansies hold ILS to less than 18yds rushing and with any of your running backs gaining over 100yds like our qb then I will admit that your victory was no fluke-Remember you got beat by a D2 school and we were"beaten?" by a top 15 team.

Daved
November 1st, 2006, 08:25 PM
We're at home. :rolleyes:
UNI plays better on the road this year.

crunifan
November 1st, 2006, 08:26 PM
Can't you people in Iowa get it thru your heads that your victory over us was a fluke??you can't all be as dense as Crap'n Cat! You beat us the last 6 times because you had a better team for the last 5 years.This year you get beat by a D2 team and WIU in your"Dome of Doom"-doesn't that tell you something? We beat ourselves-you can't take all the credit for 5 turnovers and 8 penalties and you surely can't take credit for receivers dropping passes in their hands.Zetts made poor decisions by throwing into double coverage but he learned his lesson and ran with it this past week redeeming himself with over 100yds rushing vs. ILS.Tell ya what -if your Purple Pansies hold ILS to less than 18yds rushing and with any of your running backs gaining over 100yds like our qb then I will admit that your victory was no fluke-Remember you got beat by a D2 school and we were"beaten?" by a top 15 team.

I'm going to tell myself that is a joke and then ignore it. :nono:

Daved
November 1st, 2006, 08:29 PM
ISUMATT...

You guys did beat yourselves last year against YSU, we had no business winning that game in my book!
I agree-in football the better team doesn't always win.

Daved
November 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
I'm going to tell myself that is a joke and then ignore it. :nono:
My point is this you guys beat us fair and square and deserved to win I even mentioned at the game that if ysu came back and won it in overtime that they wouldn't have deserved to win.However lets face the facts UNI had a better team than YSU in the past 5 years but they don't this year even though they won.I'm an OSU fan and I'll admit that Miami had a better team the year the Buckeyes won the nat'l championship.If you really believe your team is better you are deluding yourself.The next few weeks will tell the tale as I'm sure neither one of us knows for sure which one of our "teams" will show up in each of the remaining games.

crunifan
November 1st, 2006, 08:53 PM
My point is this you guys beat us fair and square and deserved to win I even mentioned at the game that if ysu came back and won it in overtime that they wouldn't have deserved to win.However lets face the facts UNI had a better team than YSU in the past 5 years but they don't this year even though they won.I'm an OSU fan and I'll admit that Miami had a better team the year the Buckeyes won the nat'l championship.If you really believe your team is better you are deluding yourself.The next few weeks will tell the tale as I'm sure neither one of us knows for sure which one of our "teams" will show up in each of the remaining games.

I think Youngstown and UNI are about even this year, honestly. We just happened to play better than you that particular day. Also, you forget that while we did lose to a DII, we also beat a very good SDSU (who happened to beat UC Davis) as well as played Iowa State as close as you possibly could.

Also, I would say enjoy "being better" because next year when you graduated you 20 some seniors, we will be bringing nearly 20 of our starters back.

skinny_uncle
November 1st, 2006, 09:13 PM
SIU over YSU-My homer pick
Ill State over Missouri State-Redbirds bounce back from their first conference loss
WIU over Indiana State-Leathernecks get back to .500 for the season
UNI over WKU-tough to pick this one. Loser probably loses any shot at the playoffs.

Hoss8091
November 1st, 2006, 09:26 PM
ISU @ WIU. Leathernecks by whole bunch. ISU's defense will not stop WIU's offense; however, they may put a few points on the board.

MSU @ IlSU. Redbirds by whole bunch. Of the teams that I have seen (WIU, IlSU, and ISU) the Redbirds have the best balance of offense and defense in the conference.

SIU @ YSU. Penguins by a tad (a field goal or less). I have not seen either team play. I think their offense may be solid, but the defense seems suspect. (I only was able to listen to the last quarter of the WKU-SIU game on the radio. Their defense reminded me of the Western Kentucky's defense during the dark days of November 2005)

WKU @ UNI. It pains me to predict this but Panthers by a tad. If UNI has as many key players injured as WKU it is a toss up. I have been suprised at WKU's progress this year. After a poor performance against a mediorce Eastern Kentucky team, I was struggling to figure out how we were going to get six wins. The offense is running on all eight cylinders and backup players are making the plays when it counts. Best of all, I no longer fear third and long!!!! It should be a great game, and if we beat UNI we might get ranked.

shakdaddy3
November 1st, 2006, 11:15 PM
Can't you people in Iowa get it thru your heads that your victory over us was a fluke??you can't all be as dense as Crap'n Cat! You beat us the last 6 times because you had a better team for the last 5 years.This year you get beat by a D2 team and WIU in your"Dome of Doom"-doesn't that tell you something? We beat ourselves-you can't take all the credit for 5 turnovers and 8 penalties and you surely can't take credit for receivers dropping passes in their hands.Zetts made poor decisions by throwing into double coverage but he learned his lesson and ran with it this past week redeeming himself with over 100yds rushing vs. ILS.Tell ya what -if your Purple Pansies hold ILS to less than 18yds rushing and with any of your running backs gaining over 100yds like our qb then I will admit that your victory was no fluke-Remember you got beat by a D2 school and we were"beaten?" by a top 15 team.

somebody call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-mbulance because someone is throwing a hissy fit over a loss...:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

dude, u got beat... turnovers and penalties are a part of the game... your guys dropped the ball? too bad! i think you guys are pretty even with UNI... and on any given saturday a team can win... well, on that saturday you didn't... boo hoo... the next saturday, you did and they didn't...

god, get over it... it's a loss.. you can have as much joy in thinking of it as you giving the game away, but it is the same in the win-loss cloumn: L

wkukid
November 2nd, 2006, 12:15 AM
WIU
IlSU
SIU
WKU

I think most of us agree the WKU/UNI game is THE game of the week this week for the gate

redbirdtim
November 2nd, 2006, 12:59 AM
Would like to see...
WIU, ISU, SIU, and WKU

What will happen
WIU, ISU, UNI, and YSU. Both UNI and YSU win close home games. WIU blows out InSU by 25 and ISU wins by 17 in Normal. Would be nice to hang a 30 pt. differential on the 'Birds which could help in the polls, but I'll take a win after last week.

Johnny5
November 2nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
What the hell is a Saluki anyway? What kind of dog?

skinny_uncle
November 2nd, 2006, 05:34 AM
What the hell is a Saluki anyway? What kind of dog?
What's a Saluki? (http://siusalukis.cstv.com/ot/saluki-mascot.html)
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/silu/non-sport/trads/mascot.jpg

GoGuins
November 2nd, 2006, 06:52 AM
I'm an OSU fan

You just lost all credibility with me:D

BillLuc1982
November 2nd, 2006, 08:29 AM
I would love to see USD play the Gateway champion in Round 1 of the playoffs, preferably YSU :)

nmatsen
November 2nd, 2006, 08:55 AM
I will explain to you what a Saluki is on Monday, but first WKU!

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 08:57 AM
You just lost all credibility with me:D
FYI Salem is 30mi SW of Ytown not SE.

GoGuins
November 2nd, 2006, 09:04 AM
FYI Salem is 30mi SW of Ytown not SE.

That's what it says hairless nut

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 09:31 AM
I think Youngstown and UNI are about even this year, honestly. We just happened to play better than you that particular day. Also, you forget that while we did lose to a DII, we also beat a very good SDSU (who happened to beat UC Davis) as well as played Iowa State as close as you possibly could.

Also, I would say enjoy "being better" because next year when you graduated you 20 some seniors, we will be bringing nearly 20 of our starters back.I agree that they are close to being even .We are losing 27 seniors this year and did miss a golden opportunity.Only thing for certain is that time will tell.More than likely you will have a better team than us-you had a far better team than us in 04 when we led with no time remaining and a roughing the kicker did us in.Football can be very strange you did beat SDSU that beat UCDavis but they also lost by 14pts to a d3 team(not 2 ) D3.I've learned that you can't take anything for granted-according to JT the only year we had the best team in 1-AA was in 94--we had quite a few returnees coming back in 95 and were ranked #1 pre-season and were picked by most to repeat,however we ended up that season with no victories over 1-AA teams.This week we take on SIU a team thats beaten Indiana--Indiana has beaten Mich State by 25pts and beaten Iowa-not Iowas State so I won't be shocked if we get beaten badly and I also won't be shocked if we beat them badly.

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 09:34 AM
Thanks for changing it now that you know where you are at maybe you will have some credibility with others.

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks for changing it now that you know where you are at maybe you will have some credibility with others.
No wonder you didn't like OSU when you were 30 mi SE of Y-town you would of have to been in PA.

BillLuc1982
November 2nd, 2006, 09:39 AM
No wonder you didn't like OSU when you were 30 mi SE of Y-town you would of have to been in PA.

Reminds me of my aunt's dream locale

GoGuins
November 2nd, 2006, 09:43 AM

Learn how to read Einstein, must be that OSU education at work

I already have credibility on this board, you've just shown your Cap'n Cat's beeyatch

Anyway, back on topic

WIU
Ill St
YSU
UNI

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Learn how to read Einstein, must be that OSU education at work

I already have credibility on this board, you've just shown your Cap'n Cat's beeyatch

Anyway, back on topic

WIU
Ill St
YSU
UNI
Listen pinbrain you just changed it from SE to SW after I called it to your attention-lets hope you know more about football than you do geography!Just because your Crap'n Cats illegitimate son that doesn't make me his beeyatch.

shakdaddy3
November 2nd, 2006, 11:11 AM
I agree that they are close to being even .We are losing 27 seniors this year and did miss a golden opportunity.Only thing for certain is that time will tell.More than likely you will have a better team than us-you had a far better team than us in 04 when we led with no time remaining and a roughing the kicker did us in.

i guess you're right.. YSU never loses games to opponents, they always give them the win... it's so clear to me now :eek:

is there 1 YSU fan that will admit that they got beat? or is it always that you guys gave it away?

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 11:12 AM
somebody call the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah-mbulance because someone is throwing a hissy fit over a loss...:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

dude, u got beat... turnovers and penalties are a part of the game... your guys dropped the ball? too bad! i think you guys are pretty even with UNI... and on any given saturday a team can win... well, on that saturday you didn't... boo hoo... the next saturday, you did and they didn't...

god, get over it... it's a loss.. you can have as much joy in thinking of it as you giving the game away, but it is the same in the win-loss cloumn: L
Hissy fit???LOL somebody sounds a little testy here-(or mistaking me for Crap'n Cat) Don't take this so seriously-its only a game,you win some you lose some--we got beat,we lost fair and square it didn't feel good but life goes on!However we did learn from it and as far as I'm concerned redeemed ourselves the next week.We obviously needed a wake-up call and UNI gave us one.(ILS and UNI got theirs this past week so I'm sure we all know what it feels like so time to move on AMEN)

GoGuins
November 2nd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Listen pinbrain you just changed it from SE to SW after I called it to your attention-lets hope you know more about football than you do geography!Just because your Crap'n Cats illegitimate son that doesn't make me his beeyatch.

Pinbrain...ooooh that hurtxidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx : retard : : retard : : retard : : retard :

Just because you can't tell a "E" from a "W" don't blame me. Since you're so good at smack, why don't you call out Cap'n over on the smack board so I can watch him bury you...AGAIN rookie

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Pinbrain...ooooh that hurtxidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx : retard : : retard : : retard : : retard :

Just because you can't tell a "E" from a "W" don't blame me. Since you're so good at smack, why don't you call out Cap'n over on the smack board so I can watch him bury you...AGAIN rookie
We all can tell an E from a W and you only changed it after I told you about it-what are you gonna do if your pedictions are wrong change them too?? As for the Crap'n he will never bury me I'm just surprised there are people like you that waste your time kissing his butt he should go back to his litter box and you should go back to your goats!

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 01:16 PM
i guess you're right.. YSU never loses games to opponents, they always give them the win... it's so clear to me now :eek:

is there 1 YSU fan that will admit that they got beat? or is it always that you guys gave it away?
Both happened in that game and last year you guys gave it away to us!

FlyYtown
November 2nd, 2006, 02:36 PM
WE GOT BEAT BY UNI.....
but in the game we got beat vs. UNI; YSU was also beating themselves up with 5 second half turnovers, 2 in the redzone... where the Penguins have scored all but once this year...

nmatsen
November 2nd, 2006, 02:45 PM
WE GOT BEAT BY UNI.....
but in the game we got beat vs. UNI; YSU was also beating themselves up with 5 second half turnovers, 2 in the redzone... where the Penguins have scored all but once this year...

I remember when I was a junior we got lost to Iowa State 45-0. We had 8 interceptions that game, 5 of them inside our own 30. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves!:smiley_wi

BillLuc1982
November 2nd, 2006, 03:00 PM

GoGuins, FYI I saw that it originally said SE. It may have been a typo since W and E are next to each other on a standard keyboard. I played FB vs. Salem so I know where Salem is :nod:

Now let's get back to discussing football and let's shy away from personal attacks.

GO PENGUINS! xsmileyclapx

FlyYtown
November 2nd, 2006, 07:46 PM
Austintown Fitch's Neil Kopp has resigned as Head Coach of the Falcons....... What do my fellow YSU fans think of this move?

penguinonastick
November 2nd, 2006, 09:33 PM
Austintown Fitch's Neil Kopp has resigned as Head Coach of the Falcons....... What do my fellow YSU fans think of this move?

I heard he was forced - wait for some news to come about what he was doing there - pretty bad stuff!!!:eyebrow:

GO GUINS

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
GoGuins, FYI I saw that it originally said SE. It may have been a typo since W and E are next to each other on a standard keyboard. I played FB vs. Salem so I know where Salem is :nod:

Now let's get back to discussing football and let's shy away from personal attacks.

GO PENGUINS! xsmileyclapx Amen Bill we should keep football discussions here and personal attacks(if necessary,lol) should be taken to the smack section...Peace

Daved
November 2nd, 2006, 11:41 PM
I remember when I was a junior we got lost to Iowa State 45-0. We had 8 interceptions that game, 5 of them inside our own 30. They didn't beat us, we beat ourselves!:smiley_wi
Realistically you did ,a turnover,no matter who you are playing is shooting yourself in the foot-had you turned it over 8 times this year vs. Iowa State it would't have been a 1 point ballgame ,however a loss by 1 counts just as much as a loss by 100.I've seen YSU win many games that they didn't deserve to win as well as their share of games that they gave away-all teams do this but a W is a W and a L is a L sometimes the giveaways hurt a little more but they count just the same and life goes on so we have to deal with it and learn from it.

FlyYtown
November 3rd, 2006, 05:38 AM
I heard he was forced - wait for some news to come about what he was doing there - pretty bad stuff!!!:eyebrow:

GO GUINS

I heard the same.... The stacked-I belongs to Mooney.. I just can't see a Division I School winning with it... They need a passing game... that is what killed ursuline this year.

GoGuins
November 3rd, 2006, 07:12 AM
I heard the same.... The stacked-I belongs to Mooney.. I just can't see a Division I School winning with it... They need a passing game... that is what killed ursuline this year.

Take the Ytown high school talk to JJ Huddle:eyebrow:

BillLuc1982
November 3rd, 2006, 07:55 AM
SIU better be ready for the Ice Castle wind tunnel. Checked weather.com around 7 this morning and saw that it was 26 in Y-town with a wind chill of 18. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

GoGuins
November 3rd, 2006, 08:16 AM
SIU better be ready for the Ice Castle wind tunnel. Checked weather.com around 7 this morning and saw that it was 26 in Y-town with a wind chill of 18. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

27 deg right now. There were some flurries here this morning, north of Trumbull Co. got 3-5 inches of snow

BillLuc1982
November 3rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
27 deg right now. There were some flurries here this morning, north of Trumbull Co. got 3-5 inches of snow

I'm originally from southern Trumbull County. Moved to the DC Area in June for work. Going to enhance my I-AA knowledge and see some A-10 games this month. Going to the UD-JMU game in Harrisonburg on Saturday. Weather's chilly here, too. It went down to 34 this morning and it's only supposed to hit 50. Compare that to 76 Tuesday, 71 Wednesday, and 60 yesterday.

shakdaddy3
November 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM

people from illinois know all about cold weather.. i don't think that will have much effect on the game...

BillLuc1982
November 3rd, 2006, 10:55 AM
people from illinois know all about cold weather.. i don't think that will have much effect on the game...

Even Southern Illinois? It's pretty near Arkansas!

crunifan
November 3rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
I was gonna say...SIU fans talking about cold weather is a joke. I realize it's not rainbows and sunshine down there, but northern Iowa in winter is one cold, WINDY place. :nonono2:

Toppermaniac
November 3rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
WIU
YSU
Ill. St.
WKU/UNI :read: No idea on this one. My head says UNI wins at home, especially considering the injuries to our top receivers/playmakers. Just don't know. I'll take my Toppers, but just as a homer pick. Does UNI have any significant injuries?

birdsflyhigh
November 4th, 2006, 12:57 AM
Looking through the thread, there seems to be a pretty good split on the WKU vs. UNI game. Some picking the Hilltoppers, while other's going for the Panthers....it should be a whale of a game in the UNI-Dome.

And it looks a few have picked SIU to pull the upset over YSU at the Ice Castle. A win for the Guins pretty much puts them in the playoffs, but a loss could be costly considering YSU still needs to hit the road to Bowling Green to take on a Hilltopper team that's hitting their stride. Always interesting in the Gateway.

About 12 hours...tick tick tick....can't wait for all the games. GO BIRDS!! :rotateh:

PantherRob82
November 4th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Does UNI have any significant injuries?

Not really. 1 LB broke his arm against IN St, but he wasn't a stand-out player or anything.

Only thing hurt is our pride. :)

birdsflyhigh
November 5th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Went 4-0 picking this week's Gateway winners/games, so that brings my total for the GFC season up to 19-4. Just a few games left, and it'll be a few tough calls like YSU@WKU, UNI@SIU and IL St@UNI.

Still alot of scenarios that can happen. The Gateway has been tremendous to watch this year with 6 quality teams. xsmileyclapx Know the Great West and A10 are currently rated a bit better, but I'd take bets on the top 5 GFC teams vs the Great West teams. And I think it would be pretty interesting to see the top 6 GFC teams vs. the top 6 A10 teams.

Now the MSU Bears and the improved IN St. Sycs are another story.