PDA

View Full Version : How many Rushing yards do the Griz get against a Bohl defense?

robsnotes4u
August 28th, 2014, 09:06 AM
Curious of everyone's thoughts. A Bohl led defense shut down Zenner, arguably the best FCS back, on more than one occassion, the NDSU fans can give the specifics. With the inexperienced line of the Griz, how many rushing yards will they get?

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2014, 09:11 AM
First season and Bohl doesn't necessarily have his personnel...kinda hard to say at this point.

BisonBacker
August 28th, 2014, 10:11 AM
The "Bohl" defense could ostensibly be called the Klieman defense and since Klieman is still at NDSU and the Zenner reference was against NDSU under the leadership/coaching of Klieman the Bohl led defense at Wyoming with his DC Steve Stanard. With that being said I'd guess it will be a mirror image of what they did at NDSU with a few modifications most likely. But that being said as Bisonfan02 mentioned beings its his first year there to expect the same results as last years NDSU squad is unrealistic. It will be interesting though.

Grizalltheway
August 28th, 2014, 10:56 AM
With how decimated our O-line is, I'm going to be pessimistic and guess not many. I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ scrambling for his life the whole game and end up leading the team in yards.

uofmman1122
August 28th, 2014, 11:35 AM
With how decimated our O-line is, I'm going to be pessimistic and guess not many. I wouldn't be surprised to see JJ scrambling for his life the whole game and end up leading the team in yards.
This.

We are breaking in five new starters on the O-line.

Honestly I'll be thrilled if we can manage to get over 100.

Silenoz
August 28th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Not to mention our downfield threat not playing

uofmman1122
August 28th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I thought he was playing in a "limited capacity", or did that change again?

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Smells a lot like McNeese in here.....

citdog
August 28th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Is Popeye suiting up?

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Bohl's system with almost none of Bohl's personnel, I give the Griz a better chance of scoring than you guys think.

Grizalltheway
August 28th, 2014, 03:04 PM

I'm hoping Van can provide the big play threat in his absence, now that they've supposedly decided to utilize him more as a receiver than an RB.

FCSbuff319
August 28th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Bohl has been there for a very short period of time and Wyoming's defense struggled in the second half last season. It's hard to call this Bohl's defense, especially trying to compare it to how NDSU shut down Zenner in the past. It takes a while to develop a team. It's not like Craig Bohl showed up in Laramie and brought with the extremely talented defensive corps from the last few seasons. He only brings his ideals and strategies and those take a little while to develop.

citdog
August 28th, 2014, 03:54 PM
portrait of Craig Bohl

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OpO9aQGgpME/RvUzViwxdyI/AAAAAAAAAQE/BSq8SGgjV-M/s320/popeyethesailorman+front.JPG

GetEmGriz
August 28th, 2014, 04:03 PM
This is definitely not Bohl's defense yet... I think most of Wyoming's defense is returning from last year which was one of, if not the worst defenses in the MWC, and there will be some of a learning curve in transitioning to Bohl's defensive system. But like others have said, it'll be interesting to see if we can run very well due to breaking in basically an entirely new offensive line.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2014, 06:36 PM
First season and Bohl doesn't necessarily have his personnel...kinda hard to say at this point.

This here. But with the Griz having a new O-line might even things out.

I don't know if JJ has the green light to take off and run if the pass is not there, but he is certainly a play maker.

I say they get over 100 yards but nothing close to 200. Probably something like 140-160

Bisonator
August 28th, 2014, 07:59 PM
portrait of Craig Bohl

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_OpO9aQGgpME/RvUzViwxdyI/AAAAAAAAAQE/BSq8SGgjV-M/s320/popeyethesailorman+front.JPG

Too much hair.....and fore arms! xlolx

Doubt Wyo's defense will be up to par this season. It'll take a couple years to get the players in place and on the same page. Expect the Griz will be able to move the ball and score whether it's enough to win or not we'll find out.

kalm
August 29th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Zenner? Pshaaaa. WE held Zenner to 71 yards...

gumby013
August 29th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Zenner? Pshaaaa. WE held Zenner to 71 yards...

That's 17.75 Zenners.

Hammerhead
August 29th, 2014, 07:51 AM
The Griz may score more points at Wyoming than they do at NDSU. :)

Bohl's system with almost none of Bohl's personnel, I give the Griz a better chance of scoring than you guys think.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 29th, 2014, 08:22 AM
If JJ runs often then yes we will have over 100 yards against any defense in the country.

Cleets
August 29th, 2014, 12:57 PM
If JJ runs often then yes we will have over 100 yards against any defense in the country.

http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colbert-laugh.gif

BisonFan02
August 29th, 2014, 02:48 PM
http://persephonemagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/colbert-laugh.gif

Holy ****....look who's back! xlolx

srgrizizen
August 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
This here. But with the Griz having a new O-line might even things out.

I don't know if JJ has the green light to take off and run if the pass is not there, but he is certainly a play maker.

I say they get over 100 yards but nothing close to 200. Probably something like 140-160

I'm with the pessimists until the new O-line proves otherwise. But for me the question how many yards on the ground Wyoming puts up is just as interesting. An FBS offensive line should dominate a BSC defensive line, but there has been a lot of optimistic talk about this Griz defense.