PDA

View Full Version : Big Sky Predictions 8-30

JALMOND
August 27th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Four games involving the Big Sky slated for Thursday and the rest play on Saturday. Northern Colorado is holding off starting their season next week. After the pre-week last week, I am at 1-0. This week, my futile attempt at perfection. For those who don't know how I do this, the Big Sky schools are spelled by their scoreboard abbreviation except for Sacramento State, which is shown as Sac State. The non-Big Sky schools are spelled out. For example, Weber State at BYU I would show here as WSU at Brigham Young. As usual, all picks are my opinion only.

CP at New Mexico State---The Mustangs have probably the best chance in the conference at getting a win over the FBS. At least they did before the suspensions. But then again, New Mexico State isn't really that good anyway...CP 38, New Mexico State 35.

Montana-Western at EWU---The Eagles took care of business last week against Sam Houston State and now welcome NAIA Montana-Western. Game should be over by halftime, shouldn't it?...EWU 56, Montana-Western 13.

ISU at Utah---This year's Bengals begin the year at Pac-12 Utah. Do they finally get everything together to make some noise? They may if they keep this game close...Utah 27, ISU 14.

UM at Wyoming---Another game that may be a good chance for the conference to get a win over the FBS. The Grizzlies are strong and want to start off on the right foot. Problem is, Wyoming is not all that bad...Wyoming 26, UM 24.

MSU at Arkansas State---The Bobcats start the year stepping up to the FBS and the Sun Belt. Maybe a biig task for breaking in a new quarterback, but it should at least be close...Arkansas State 32, MSU 10.

UND at San Jose State---In past years, North Dakota may have had a chance against San Jose State. But that was before San Jose State was pretty good. And North Dakota was pretty bad...San Jose State 48, UND 7.

NAU at San Diego State---The Lumberjacks start off the year also playing up, going to San Diego State for a game. Maybe some holes to fill, but the Lumberjacks have risen to the FBS level before. But still, they fall short...San Diego State 48, NAU 24.

PSU at Oregon State---The Vikings have to feel good at playing Oregon State, especially given the success of Eastern Washington and Sacramento State. Not that it will help them much in this game...Oregon State 45, PSU 12.

Sac State at Incarnate Word---The Hornets get the pleasure of welcoming Incarnate Word to the FCS level. Hopefully they won't give Incarnate Word the opportunity to get the win...Sac State 31, Incarnate Word 21.

SUU at Nevada---The Thunderbirds will try to use their defense to hold down the offense of FBS Nevada. Not that Nevada had much offense last season, but they did have a good defense as well...Nevada 35, SUU 14.

UCD at Stanford---The Aggies could be really good this year and be near the top in the conference. But this weekend they have to play nationally ranked FBS Stanford, who could contend for their first playoff spot...Stanford 48, UCD 7.

WSU at Arizona State---The Wildcats first game with their new coach and the first step towards respectability. Keep in mind, however, baby steps first before the big steps...Arizona State 45, WSU 14.

darell1976
August 27th, 2014, 11:36 PM
San Jose St lost most of their starters from last year and went 6-6, I don't think very good is a way to describe them. Last 2 FBS games played against UND was decided by 8 points or less from the MW (FSU, SDSU). I think it's going to be a close one.

mvemjsunpx
August 28th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Thursday

Cal Poly 28-31 New Mexico St. — CP is actually favored here, but losing Ivory will be the difference

Idaho St. 14-62 Utah — Yet another ISU season without a non-conf. game that will tell us anything about them

Weber 10-63 Zona St. — For the love of God, Weber! Just play a ****ing DII already! xsmhx

NoDak 13-48 San Jose St. — New coach in Grand Forks, but no more Hardin & Golladay

Saturday

MT-Western 17-59 EWU — Where would you rather be on a Saturday night… Cheney or Dillon? xrotatehx

Portland St. 28-56 Oregon St. — The Viks can score, but have no hope of stopping Mannion & co.

Davis 13-55 Stanford — Stanford isn't the same team they were 9 years ago

Sac State 42-21 UIW— The coaching change & Texas humidity could be issues, but Sac has a bit more talent

Suutah 10-38 Nevada — Last year's flukey magic won't be a factor for the T-Birds in Reno

NAU 14-41 San Diego St. — Too many question marks for the 'Jacks to upset an FBS school

Montana 28-24 Wyoming — Both teams have issues, but only the Griz have Jordan Johnson

Montana St. 17-35 Arkansas St. — Hopefully MSU won't get a key player hurt on the final play of this FBS game

tomq04
August 28th, 2014, 10:55 AM
I'm looking forward to watching Cal Poly tonight if I can find the time!

FCSbuff319
August 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
San Jose St lost most of their starters from last year and went 6-6, I don't think very good is a way to describe them. Last 2 FBS games played against UND was decided by 8 points or less from the MW (FSU, SDSU). I think it's going to be a close one.

SJSU was much better than their record showed last season. They only had one bad loss. Their other five were all to teams who finished above .500. They also took down an undefeated Fresno State who was BCS bowl bound had they beaten SJSU. Second of all, they return 9 starters on defense, and a solid corps of running backs and linemen. To say that they lost most of their starters is false. They have 14 starters returning. Yes, they lost one of the school's best QB's of all time, but they still should have a decent team this season. Also, the last two close UND FBS games were from a much more talented UND team. It's hard to throw those random statistics in there as hope that UND will fare well. I hope they do, as I'm always a fan of FCS taking down FBS. However, I don't think they stand a chance in this game.

SactoHornetFan
August 28th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Jalmond, again, our abbrieviation is SAC. How hard is that to use?

GetEmGriz
August 28th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Is it really that big of a deal? xdontknowx

Grizalltheway
August 28th, 2014, 04:50 PM

Huh. I always thought is was PAM.

darell1976
August 28th, 2014, 06:28 PM
SJSU was much better than their record showed last season. They only had one bad loss. Their other five were all to teams who finished above .500. They also took down an undefeated Fresno State who was BCS bowl bound had they beaten SJSU. Second of all, they return 9 starters on defense, and a solid corps of running backs and linemen. To say that they lost most of their starters is false. They have 14 starters returning. Yes, they lost one of the school's best QB's of all time, but they still should have a decent team this season. Also, the last two close UND FBS games were from a much more talented UND team. It's hard to throw those random statistics in there as hope that UND will fare well. I hope they do, as I'm always a fan of FCS taking down FBS. However, I don't think they stand a chance in this game.

Their starting RB was suspended for the first 2 games of the season. (UND and Auburn). New QB and new RB. Could be an interesting game.

SactoHornetFan
August 28th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Is it really that big of a deal? xdontknowx

Well PSU is really Penn State in my eyes. Hell Montana can be MNA if you want it to be...that's what we use and and are known by.

Rjones61
August 29th, 2014, 04:52 PM
Well PSU is really Penn State in my eyes. Hell Montana can be MNA if you want it to be...that's what we use and and are known by.

Oh please. Within the context of the conversation, everyone knew what he was talking about xrolleyesx It would be like someone saying E. Washington University. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

veinup
August 30th, 2014, 02:23 PM
SAC or die! SAC!!!!!