PDA

View Full Version : New Dakota DI-AAs

AmsterBison
October 31st, 2006, 10:03 AM
It is pretty much a foregone conclusion that the U of South Dakota and U of North Dakota will move be playing DI-AA ball in 2008 (or is it 2009?)
It's possible Augustana (SD) will go DI-AA non-scholarship too. For the sake of argument, let's say all this falls into place.

Here's a plan: U of San Diego, the two new Dakota schools join the Great West and convince NDSU/SDSU to stick around rather than bolt for the Gateway. Meanwhile, Augustana joins the Pioneer.

While these things probably aren't going to happen, it would seem to solve a lot of problems. First, San Diego could earn a playoff shot by playing a worthy schedule. Second, the Pioneer could cut travel times and costs by replacing San Diego with Augie. Third, the Great West conference could live to fight another day.

89Hen
October 31st, 2006, 10:07 AM
San Diego could earn a playoff shot by playing a worthy schedule.
Not sure that's high on their list of things to do.

dbackjon
October 31st, 2006, 10:16 AM
Not sure that's high on their list of things to do.

Yes, it is much easier to play patsies, and then bitch about lack of respect.

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 11:35 AM
LIVE ON GREAT WEST!!

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2006, 11:38 AM
Besides all that's already been mentioned I would much rather see NDSU in the gateway. I don't see any autobid coming for the GWFC anytime soon. The goal in this move was to win a National Championship, the GWFC albeit is strong with the current membership I don't see them convincing the voters to send 2 or 3 teams to the playoffs even if they are worthy. The gateway has sent as many as 4 which is probably not going to happen very often but still it has. I see NDSU's chances much better at attaining that goal in the Gateway then I do staying in the GWFC.

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 11:40 AM
Besides all that's already been mentioned I would much rather see NDSU in the gateway. I don't see any autobid coming for the GWFC anytime soon. The goal in this move was to win a National Championship, the GWFC albeit is strong with the current membership I don't see them convincing the voters to send 2 or 3 teams to the playoffs even if they are worthy. The gateway has sent as many as 4 which is probably not going to happen very often but still it has. I see NDSU's chances much better at attaining that goal in the Gateway then I do staying in the GWFC.

Booooooooooooooooooooo :nonono2: :( :nonono2: :( :nonono2: : smh : : smh :

MplsBison
October 31st, 2006, 11:44 AM
The scenario seems like it would've worked out perfectly about a couple of years ago.

The problem with it is that WKU is leaving now. Not in a few years.

IE, if the Gateway is going to expand, they're going to expand very soon, with NDSU and SDSU as probably targets.

Which means, NDSU and SDSU will be gone before UND and USD can move up.

However, I don't see why UND and USD can't simply take NDSU and SDSU's respective places in the GWFC as well as the GWFC adding San Diego.

Why not?

As far as Augi goes, I think they're either staying DII or becoming a Creighton of Sioux Falls SD (IE, no football).

TexasTerror
October 31st, 2006, 11:45 AM
Has South Dakota even declared their move to Div I at this point?

San Diego would be a great fit for the GWFC. Problem is, as someone else said elsewhere, Harbaugh will go with a patsy schedule and call for respect...

Bison05
October 31st, 2006, 11:48 AM
South Dakota just received a report from a consulting firm indication that they should move up. IMO that it is almost a sure bet that they are joining UND in moving up to DI.

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 11:52 AM
I want Dakota madness. We need more Dakota schools. Is there any more Dakota schools we can get? We need like 6 or 7 AT LEAST.

dbackjon
October 31st, 2006, 11:59 AM
I want Dakota madness. We need more Dakota schools. Is there any more Dakota schools we can get? We need like 6 or 7 AT LEAST.

Minot St, U of Mary..... :)

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2006, 12:01 PM
Booooooooooooooooooooo :nonono2: :( :nonono2: :( :nonono2: : smh : : smh :

Sorry AggiePride, I would like to keep you guys on the OOC schedule if we do go to the gateway but my previous post is just the way I see it. :twocents:

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2006, 12:01 PM
Minot St, U of Mary..... :)
I think San Diego already has them on thier schedule xlolx

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 12:03 PM
Sorry AggiePride, I would like to keep you guys on the OOC schedule if we do go to the gateway but my previous post is just the way I see it. :twocents:

:bawling:

I never liked you guys anyways. :mad:

*stomps away*

MplsBison
October 31st, 2006, 12:04 PM
As unbelievable as it is, a state with 600k population (North Dakota) has 6 public 4 year universities. 2 research schools and 4 undergrad schools (2 of those being teaching colleges). All of which have a football team.

dbackjon
October 31st, 2006, 12:05 PM
As unbelievable as it is, a state with 600k population (North Dakota) has 6 public 4 year universities. 2 research schools and 4 undergrad schools (2 of those being teaching colleges). All of which have a football team.

And after graduating, they all leave the state......

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2006, 12:06 PM

Yes this is true but not all have the ability to compete at a higher level nor do they have the funding or many other items needed to compete at that higher level.

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2006, 12:08 PM
:bawling:

I never liked you guys anyways. :mad:

*stomps away*

Come to Fargo next year for the game and I'll buy you a beer. Can't we all just be friends xlolx

NorthernColorado
October 31st, 2006, 01:36 PM
Well, if you can get a school in Mitchell, then you can play your road b-ball games at the Corn Palace. Hell, that's worth D-I status right there!

RabidRabbit
October 31st, 2006, 01:54 PM

Actually could get to 6 if ALL D'2's move up. But I believe Northern (SD) will stay in the NSIC.

AUGIE, UND, USD, NDSU, SDSU all were NCC schools through 2002.

AggiePride
October 31st, 2006, 01:59 PM
Actually could get to 6 if ALL D'2's move up. But I believe Northern (SD) will stay in the NSIC.

There's a Northern South Dakota? :D

They would definately need to be convinced to come. That's the madness I am looking for. xsmileyclapx

Bison05
October 31st, 2006, 02:00 PM

Actually 7, U of Mary is D-II now.

89Hen
October 31st, 2006, 02:15 PM
Bayville State Comets
Dickinson State Blue Hawks
Valley City State Vikings (city state?)

http://vikings.vcsu.edu/football/Image%20Gallery/2006%20Image%20Gallery/Peru/images/DSC_0033.jpg

dbackjon
October 31st, 2006, 02:15 PM
Can you make that picture any bigger?

89Hen
October 31st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Can you make that picture any bigger?
Sorry bout that, it was much smaller on the website and not linking, so I don't know why it blew up. BTW, do they have segregated universities in North Dakota? :confused:

NorthDakotaBison
October 31st, 2006, 02:19 PM
BTW, do they have segregated universities in North Dakota? :confused:

Not really, but most arrogant pricks elect to attend school at UND.

:nod:

dbackjon
October 31st, 2006, 02:21 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx

igo4uni
October 31st, 2006, 03:42 PM

Sounds like the same problem we have here in Iowa.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

bison95
October 31st, 2006, 03:43 PM

Where else are we going to go?

bison95
October 31st, 2006, 03:45 PM

Is that segregation or evolution? Kind of the, "I would rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother at UND", science of life?

dbackjon
October 31st, 2006, 03:50 PM
Where else are we going to go?

I've noticed that all the NDSU posters who have graduated are everywhere BUT North Dakota - economy that bad up there?

BearsCountry
October 31st, 2006, 03:56 PM
Sounds like the same problem we have here in Iowa.:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Thanks for lowering Missouri's IQ. :D

WYOBISONMAN
October 31st, 2006, 03:58 PM
I've noticed that all the NDSU posters who have graduated are everywhere BUT North Dakota - economy that bad up there?

In a word....yes.....as is most of rural America. Not a lot of jobs for people with a college degree, although a few find jobs and stay. Mostly in the urban areas like Fargo and Bismarck.

bison95
October 31st, 2006, 04:03 PM

Couldn't even find a company to interview with in ND when I graduated:confused: Would love to live there, but my wife doesn't like it that cold:nonono2:

RabidRabbit
October 31st, 2006, 04:22 PM
In a word....yes.....as is most of rural America. Not a lot of jobs for people with a college degree, although a few find jobs and stay. Mostly in the urban areas like Fargo and Bismarck.

Yes, get at all specialized, and VERY difficult to stay in Dakotas. Like many from there, Dakota Territory descendents, but none of family left in Dakotas, excepted remains. 4 Brothers, and each corner of contiguous US

igo4uni
October 31st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Thanks for lowering Missouri's IQ. :D

Yeah right...........Iowans are keeping Missouri's average IQ above xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx level!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

bison95
October 31st, 2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah right...........Iowans are keeping Missouri's average IQ above xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx level!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You know, they say if you moved the Iowa/Missouri border to I-80, you would raise the IQ of both states by 10%!!!!!!:rolleyes:

dlsiouxfan
October 31st, 2006, 04:49 PM

Then when they flunk out they go to the ag college (ndsu).:D

BisonBacker
October 31st, 2006, 04:52 PM
I just found another dope to put on ignore, gotta love that feature. xlolx

bison95
October 31st, 2006, 04:54 PM
I just found another dope to put on ignore, gotta love that feature. xlolx

I'm with ya:eyebrow:

Flintstone
October 31st, 2006, 04:54 PM
Then when the flunk out they go to the ag college (ndsu).:D

Typical Sioux fan, can't even use the correct grammar when trying to post smack.

JBB
October 31st, 2006, 05:07 PM
The Great Land Grants have to go to the Gateway, if it happens. Its a prize they deserve. I know every fan of the Land Grants has mixed emotions on this, but we seem to be next in line. Let the new moveups join the GWFC and all the other fancy ideas for membership come true, but be sure, the move ups will be signing on to a hefty exit fee similar to the $500,000 Mid Con exit fee.

JackTwice
October 31st, 2006, 05:17 PM
There was no mention of any exit fee made by UNC. I wonder if the conference was put together similarly to our arrangements with the United "name your sport here" conference

BisonSig
October 31st, 2006, 05:18 PM
Regarding the new economy of North Dakota, from what I have heard, there are lots of jobs in the western part of the state for laborers. The oil fields are having a heck of a time getting people that can pass a piss test. That is causing other places like Minot to pay a lot more then usual for the labor type positions.

So if you don't have a degree or you want to work with your hands, there are jobs.

Also Microsoft Business Solutions is almost always hiring.

JBB
October 31st, 2006, 05:22 PM
There was no mention of any exit fee made by UNC. I wonder if the conference was put together similarly to our arrangements with the United "name your sport here" conference

When the GWFC was formed the charter members had exit approved at any time because they were hoping for BSC membership. I dont think thats going to happen for new members.

bkrownd
October 31st, 2006, 05:25 PM
What's he talking about? Us Aggies are PROUD of our earthy roots!